Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think Julian mentioned that the baby was early, but no one said how early.

Oh I missed that. Well if it were as early as it should be, it'd be 5 months and pretty much still born. But Lisa is nearly ready to go on maternity leave isn't she? I guess they'll either have her go off to mourn, as they did with Sabrinnnaaa, or she'll go off with the baby to some special hospital for preemies maybe, who knows.

I like Michael and Sabrina together if only because right now, at least, they aren't mired in angst or dumb plaaans. They're sweet in a kind of saccharine way that I find myself enjoying. (No one is more surprised than I am, btw.)

Ultimately it doesn't matter if the baby is premature or not, since he'll be SORASed soon enough, especially if they can't find babies/toddlers that cooperate.

• Love 7
(edited)

The cops should have followed that blood trail, why didn't they? Jake needs a gun shot residue test. Sloan should have went through Bruce's phones. The cops are still idiots in PC.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 8

So the groundwork is already there, but because miss pathetic can't seem to figure out how eharmony works, she has to resort to being even more pathetic than even I thought she could be. I am waiting for the excuses she hauls out to try and keep jake and Sam away from each other.

This made me laugh so hard. I'm sure Creepy Grandpa Guy who runs EHarmony would love to meet Liz. He'd get business from her for the rest of his life.

• Love 5

I liked that, again, Jordan saved herself, no "heroics" from Shawn.

The tool didn't even lock her damn door when he left. Thanks to him she was a sitting duck, but since she had super hearing she managed to evade the goon and save herself.   

Shawn is worthless. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I'm really enjoying Michael and Sabrina lately. They're just so cute. I loved how flustered she was getting after he kissed. And the big smile on her face when she ran to the door at the end because she probably thought Michael had come back for a fifth kiss. I know it's no use rooting for couples on the show now, but I can't help it.

Ugh, stupid, stupid Carlos. I know the guy is a big sumb dumb, but does ever think through any of his criminal activity? He botched killing AJ. He couldn't even kill an unarmed, defenseless Ava when he had her cornered. And now somehow a plus 50 year old shot Duke somehow managed to elude him somehow. Instead of running to Sabrina again after a botched shooting, and getting her mixed up in his crap, maybe he should have thought through his shooting of Duke, and you know, not done it in the parking lot where there was just a big community gathering. or after it went to shit, gone to his stupid boss instead.

I'm up for anything interrupting Nathan and Maxie and any boring one on one scenes they have, but it felt kind of stupid and pointless to have Nathan and Maxie find Jake and then have Maxie do the bulk of the interrogating. Maxie came off really annoying. Though maybe they were in part trying to play off the old relationship Maxie and Jason had were she would constantly be running her mouth around Jason and say random things that confused, annoyed, and flustered him.

I know that Carlivati is known as ReRon for a reason, but I really can't see them killing Olivia and Julian's kid after what happened last year with Sabrina and Patrick's son, especially when they blatantly referenced that storyline today when they segued from Sabrina talking about Gabriel to Patrick with Olivia and Julian's kid post-delivery. The stories are way too similar - not the reasons why they both went into labor or where they delivered. But they both delivered sons far too prematurely in a public place. Plus, both pregnancies were written in because the actresses' were pregnant in real life. As much as I'm not interested in Olivia and Julian having a kid together, I'm not interested in LiLo being put in the same situation as TeCa, having to act out your newborn kid's death when you're seven, eight months pregnant in real life.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 4

The stories are way too similar

To me that's why they will probably end up going in the same direction, if not close to it. They just aren't original and they keep rehashing and regurgitating the same shit over and over again.                                

If they have this baby die then that could explain Ned leaving because he could take Olivia away for a while and then, when Lisa returns from maternity leave, Olivia comes back by herself.     

I'm speccing that Ned and Olivia go on the run to keep the baby away from Julian, which would give Jules and Alexis some angst.

...must you tank my hopes and dreams so quickly...?   

So it could be another retelling of the SERIAL KILLER and the Nina runaway storyline but instead of Canada maybe they'll head South of the border to Mexico...  

• Love 1
(edited)

Granted, I've been on the barge for awhile now, but have been keeping up with recaps online because reading about the show is far more entertaining than watching it these days (especially once I found out who the supposed "fan favorite" was, blegh).  I watched today and I have a serious question, did everyone on this show (with the exception of Jordan) fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down? Julian doesn't know what water breaking means? Anna's suddenly going to run off with mafia Duke like some numbnut "Our love will last forever and ever and there's nothing you can do to stop it" teenager? They were at a ball celebrating nurses and suddenly the only people around to deliver a severely (4 and half months by my count) premature baby is a neurosurgeon and no other medical staff? No one stops to think, "Hey, maybe we should see about this whole pool of blood thing and maybe follow it to see if the person needs medical assistance since clearly no one's busy helping the 4 months along pregnant lady in labor?".  How did Maxie's screeching not set off car alarms in that parking garage? Michael and Sabrina I'm okay with, it's a dumb throwing together of two random characters, but I'm fine with anything as long as he still hates Sonny, please tell me he still hates Sonny.  Jordan being a badass was the only thing that made up for any of this. 

Edited by sashabear21
  • Love 2

I liked that, again, Jordan saved herself, no "heroics" from Shawn.

What would heroics by Shawn look like? Shards of of a priceless vase strewn about the apartment? A globe half off its axis with four bullets inside? A hundred karate-chopped shrubs?

• Love 20

I loved it when someone (Jules?) called Ned a has-been rock singer...tee hee. Eddie Maine indeed.

I'm confused..wasn't Jake just at home in bed sexing up Liz? Then it's still the night of the Ball and he turns up in the parking lot with a gun and blood as Maxi and Nathan are leaving? 

The Ellie-Spinelli-Maxi-Nathan pairings and repairings reminded me of a fast-moving random square dance: "Swing your partner! Then Do Si Do with the lady on your left. All join hands and promenade!" etc etc.

Olivia's been pregnant and delivered before--she's Dante's mother. So why doesn't she know about Braxton-Hicks contractions as normal? Why is she squealing like a pig in surprise at the pain? She's acting like a teenager having her first baby. Patrick looked so stupid staring up her skirt while Sam held towels solemnly at his side like an alcolyte serving Mass.

I ws so glad when Liz took down her ballerina bun of hair. She was a dead-ringer for tiny Tinkerbell as long as she was sporting that bun atop her head.

• Love 2
(edited)

LMAO. I just think Sam's reaction will be way more epic. 'Cause you just know we're going to have some Liz/Sam scenes where Sam will talk about Jase.

I'm pretty sure that there isn't going to be anything epic about the fallout because RC sucks at writing fallout - and mob stories* and adventure stories and business stories and romances.. He used to be really good at doing friendships and family scenes but I can't remember the last time we had either of those things on GH

*not that I want mob stories

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Someone should have clocked Maxie in the head. Instead of Nathan trying to find out what happened and look for a body, screaming banshee was making it all about her and her loved ones. I just can't with that bimbo.

I must have missed it that Sloane knows about Jordan being a cop. Poor Anna- dumbed down for this storyline. Duke called off the hit so we should feel sorry for him! Yeah right- he knew Jordan was a freaking cop and didn't bat an eye at killing her. Now Shawn is going to turn on Sonny? One can hope- maybe he will go back to being likable.

• Love 3

I have never been pregnant - so I've never known what it is like to give birth, but, I am pretty sure your water breaking doesn't automatically mean the baby is going to come like three seconds later. my friend said that between her water breaking and her daughter being born. I am also intrigued with the fact that everyone usually... acts like Olivia. My favourite "I'm giving birth scene" has to be

1: Xena, Warrior Princess. Lucy Lawless said she wanted it to be authentic as normal

2: Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. 

I don't think I like Michael's new girlfriend. (I was watching some old clips, I don't think I like the actress, she seems kind of boring. HOWEVER, i do like that they are sweet. I miss sweet, and endearing with my stories). 

Why didn't Jake just say "why not test me for gun shot residue?"  the end. 
Maxie's boyfriend is a snoooooooooooooooooze. 

Jordan? she is channeling some Ninja action. 

I feel so sorry for Anna. 
why Didn't Duke go to the hospital?

• Love 1
(edited)

What Liz is doing to Jason is wrong but I can't help but feel Danny is better off.

Everyone's better off without Jason.

This episode was weird. Particularly the Anna/Sloane stuff. Like what even was happening there? It's all so embarrassing. And Anna running off to leave with Duke was some bullshit. Oh well, I'm too bored to care.

Maxie is insufferable. Nathan, you can do better.

I hope BM quits soon. He clearly wants to. Although it is pretty fun to watch him act like he'd rather be shot than act in this show.

The 'Olivia gives birth' scenes were probably tied with the Michael/Sabrina scenes as the best of the ep.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I loved it when someone (Jules?) called Ned a has-been rock singer...tee hee. Eddie Maine indeed.

I'm confused..wasn't Jake just at home in bed sexing up Liz? Then it's still the night of the Ball and he turns up in the parking lot with a gun and blood as Maxi and Nathan are leaving? 

The Ellie-Spinelli-Maxi-Nathan pairings and repairings reminded me of a fast-moving random square dance: "Swing your partner! Then Do Si Do with the lady on your left. All join hands and promenade!" etc etc.

Olivia's been pregnant and delivered before--she's Dante's mother. So why doesn't she know about Braxton-Hicks contractions as normal? Why is she squealing like a pig in surprise at the pain? She's acting like a teenager having her first baby. Patrick looked so stupid staring up her skirt while Sam held towels solemnly at his side like an alcolyte serving Mass.

I ws so glad when Liz took down her ballerina bun of hair. She was a dead-ringer for tiny Tinkerbell as long as she was sporting that bun atop her head.

She may have been pregnant before, but it's been 20-30 some years between the pregnancies.  So some things I'm guessing you don't remember or don't want to remember.

• Love 3
(edited)

That announcement about Geary and the Luke role ending or suspending is such doubletalk. He's going to retire from his signature role, but he might be back too! IMO SOMEBODY in a suit finally heard the pleadings and rants of disaffected viewers forced to experience the scenery-chewing, the odd accents, the inexplicable plot twists and dead-ends of the Fluke-Luke-Puke story that was rooted in Luke's murdering his parents. Questions were raised in offices with closed doors. But Geary's ego won't let go of the glory he thinks he should have for the acting he delivered during those long months.

The only way to tolerate Geary's return in the role of Luke is make the character address and correct every misstep and sin that Luke has perpetrated over the decades. I doubt that Geary could do that--Luke/Fluke spent a very short time repenting (and overreacting by presenting his throat to be cut) after he was stopped, and then he vanished from the GH scene. The character's evil days extended to forever, it seemed.  Not so the days of making up to others the hurt, injustice, and pain he had caused them. Asking forgiveness, making amends, reforming, doing good works, becoming a model businessman and example of a good citizen...no, Luke didn't set himself on that path. Geary probably thought it was too boring to be a good character.

Just save us the trouble, Show, and let him retire far, far away....maybe to another planet.

Edited to say: I found a good article that clarifies a lot about his choices and plans. Posted it below.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

I hope BM quits soon. He clearly wants to. Although it is pretty fun to watch him act like he'd rather be shot than act in this show.

Aw, is JT giving him private acting lessons?

• Love 2

Isn't Jordan's barge container of an apartment/condo(?) the same set that served as that "special room on the docks" the SERIAL KLLER locked her, Shawn, Carly and Heather in and threatened to blow them up with another fake bomb?

• Love 2

Michael & Sabrina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see Jordan being a BAMF again.

Where is Ava?

Isn't Jordan's barge container of an apartment/condo(?) the same set that served as that "special room on the docks" the SERIAL KLLER locked her, Shawn, Carly and Heather in and threatened to blow them up with another fake bomb?

I'm pretty sure it's Milo apartment shot from the opposite direction. I have no problem with them re-using the apartment sets for various characters. It's easy to accept it's the same building just different but identical unit.

• Love 4

Liz kicked him out - it finally occurred to her that it might be hard on Cameron to see Ric in her bed last week, and Jake this week. 

Did Sam wash her hands after Patrick asked her to be his adventure buddy birthing assistant (maybe Ron has covered this on Twitter)?  

• Love 1
(edited)

They have used her apartment set one time before. I thought Milo's loft was larger that the Jordan set.(on second look, the gray paint and dark colors are probably making the lift look even smaller.)

Hello, my name is Bestest. I can skip episodes on the regular now. I don't even peak when decent hair or nice outfits are mentioned but talk about sets and....I have to see what else Craptini have screwed up.

All the small box gray sets with faux brick is ridiculous. Michael's office and Brad's apartment are pathetic.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

Luke gone?  <yawn>

Olivia does have some lungs on her.  You'd think a couple of ambulances would have already arrived to treat whoever was being tortured in the hotel...I'm pretty sure the 7th floor guests could hear her.

Hated Sabrina with Patrick, didn't care about either Carlos or her, but for some reason I'm liking her much better with Michael.  Feels odd...

Anna's reaction to Duke:  She looks down at his shirt where she sees a hole in the shirt surrounded by a  blood stain, and says "OMG, what happened?"  Then as he falls to the ground, it's "What is it?"   Anna, I'll bet he was shot.

• Love 6

You know, I am pretty apathetic about Duke on a good day, but it's some bullshit that he is likely gone while this show keeps the charity project characters of Nina and Franco, especially the latter. But I guess it pays to be played by a pet actor in that case.

• Love 16
(edited)

Jiz's lovemaking must have been a quickie because by the time Jake got back to the parking lot, people still hadn't left the party.

And, still, it wasn't even midnight yet!

Do people wear magic time-expanding bracelets in PC so what's a minute to us is an hour to them? 

ETA: the fact that I'm obsessed (or even concerned) with the timeline in this story is starting to worry me -- slightly. I guess I need another drink.

(Edited again to change "Does" to "Do." Maybe I don't need another drink.)

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

You raise a very good question. Who else in GH history HAS delivered in a hospital?

Laura -Lulu; Robin-Emma; Elizabeth-Aiden; Maxie-Georgie ... and I think a certain blond was already in the hospital and delivered Spencer just before she kicked the bucket?

and I think a certain blond was already in the hospital and delivered Spencer just before she kicked the bucket?

And more proof the spawn is a demon/other-worldly? The pregnancy with the full-term spawn was done in...3 months. (Yes, seriously. Probably because ALW was leaving, but Who had a 3-month pregnancy that was SORAS'ed to full term!)

The cops should have followed that blood trail, why didn't they? Jake needs a gun shot residue test. Sloan should have went through Bruce's phones. The cops are still idiots in PC.

Oh, Lillybee, it is so damn cute when you try to apply logic and reasonableness to this show.

It was Julian who called Ned that. I love Julian, but in the grand scheme of things, Ned is a much better and more accomplished person, so maybe Julian should check himself.

The Jake timing/ location was super weird. Were Maxie and Nathan making out in the same spot on stage for the whole time Jake and Liz talked and then DIDI IT?? That is.. Not impressive on Liz and Jake's part. Or maybe super impressive by Maxie and Nathan?

Olivia is alternately a total dummy and a total genius, whatever the story needs.

• Love 2

I take it Duke is about to die.  For the 3rd time.  So does anyone know, in the history of soaps, which character has been killed off the most? 

(edited)

So does anyone know, in the history of soaps, which character has been killed off the most?

I'd have to put my money on Stefano DeMera.  

GH wise,  it's got to be tie between Duke, Stavros and maybe Faison.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

Helena Cassadine

I don't think she's close.  I only remember Helena was only presumed dead once, after Luke shot her a few years ago.  She was supposedly close to death in the 90's and supposedly had a nervous break down in the 80's after Stavros was brought back to Cassadine island in a coffin, but until 2008 I don't recall her ever being dead, dead.

Anna's reaction to Duke:  She looks down at his shirt where she sees a hole in the shirt surrounded by a  blood stain, and says "OMG, what happened?"  Then as he falls to the ground, it's "What is it?"   Anna, I'll bet he was shot.

In this instance, I might give poor, rendered-brain-dead-by-these-fucking-writers Anna a break.  She's probably just in shock that this guy is dying right in front of her, again, for the third time, at the same time that everything else in her life also sucks balls.  (And, also, you know, this once-great character's brain was removed at some point ... I'm sure Ron explained this on his Twitter feed months ago.)

Hey, Duke!  Croak out "go check on Robin, Anna ... " as your dying words, and I will forgive you for coming back from the dead as an asshole! 

• Love 8

Robert's been killed off at least twice that I can remember.  We even saw his ghost talking to Luke, but in the 90's.  LOL

I thought Robert only got killed ("killed") once, in the early 90s, along with Anna?   I think those two have only had one death apiece.  

I thought Robert only got killed ("killed") once, in the early 90s, along with Anna?   I think those two have only had one death apiece.

You're probably right.  I was an intermittent viewer in the late 80's/early 90's.

So someone finally gives a speech about Robin...but only as a cover for lies and deceit.  Way to honor your friend, Liz.  And how would she know Robin has been living happily in Paris?  Did she send you a Christmas card from her cell?

Sorry, show, but you can't act like Spencer's antics, his calling people townie, are hilarious for a year plus and then try and backtrack with a teary "The More You Know" bonding session with his ghost mom.  Doesn't work like that.

Ha!  We needed a rainbow during that.  I don't know the mom character since I've only been watching less than a year now.  But I was happy she told him to lay off the townie crap and that name calling is bad.  In addition that it isn't nice to try to kill people for 'reasons'.

Relatedly, the security at Wyndemere is the worst.  Britt and Rebecca Budig both managed to sneak in, no problem.

I think they get their help from the same agency the Jeromes use.

I like that Duke got a little bit of a redemption arc before he landed in big litterbox.  Not buying Sloane's caring.

Typical that Shawn doesn't even clue in that Jordan might be in danger as he's standing at the docks alone, with no shipment in sight.

When is Val going to bring up the Hayden isn't Rosalie issue?

I feel for Liz that she didn't get with Jake before finding out that he's Jason.  And now has to decide what to do with that nugget.  No way I could sex him up without telling him.  I'd also be afraid of calling out the wrong name. Good thing I'm not on a soap.

I'd have no problem though revenge screwing Julian. Or Ric.  Maybe even Nik.  Just no Sonny or Franco or Luke.

Julian was super annoying with the delivery.  No, just because she had sex with you doesn't mean you get to stare at her vagina while she pushes out a baby.  Sheesh!  At least he waited in the next room.  Wonder if this causes any flashbacks for Patrick?  I hope it's a tock for storyline reasons.

So much build up for the Maxie Spin Ellie Nathan Quad only to resolve it in about 90 seconds.  OK.

Surprised Nik doesn't remind Hayden that he can make her disappear.  I don't see him letting her get the upper hand easily.

• Love 2

I thought Grayson McCouch was better this week. He wasn't a 1930s gangster. He wasn't a mannequin. Maybe Fin just made him act.

I still want Jordan and Julian. I'm imagining Shawn and Julian were fighting over her, not about a botched hit.

Carlos and Shawn really are about equals in killing, but I like Carlos more because he tries harder and aims to please. Shawn is just so smug.

• Love 6
I thought Grayson McCouch was better this week. He wasn't a 1930s gangster. He wasn't a mannequin. Maybe Fin just made him act.

The way the writers - FINALLY - sprinkled that the 'mob is bad' meme through multiple storylines this week didn't hurt either.  

• Love 4

We actually don't know if he has no feelings for Sam.  In fact, we have no idea how Jake feels about all these memory flashes he's having.  Since he knows that Sam is NOT interested in him and is happily involved with Patrick, he's probably pushing aside the memory flashes he has of her.  If, however, he realizes that he is Jason and Sam is his wife, those memory flashes would start to make sense to him, and he would stop ignoring them or writing them off as "dreams" or "hallucinations."  I think that it's quite possible that Jake has some feelings for Sam but he's simply ignoring them because she's taken, and Jake IS also attracted to Liz.

I recall these situations on others soaps and probably some others from GH and the amnesiac tends to protest "but I don't know you" sort of like with Hayden.  They keep insisting they have no memory.  And in those plots sometimes the love interest and other characters know who it is that the amnesiac loved before they lost their memory.  The love interest tries to get the amnesiac to remember, other characters try to get them to remember or lecture them to try to remember.  

But I will concede here they are giving him flashback already, but I don't think he has read into them that much or thought about whether Sam was available and is backing off because he thinks he has feelings for her.  He has no idea he is married to Sam and Sam has no idea he's Jason and is making no effort to get him to remember.  He wants Liz.  When it comes out to him who he is and who he is married to, as with most soap hackery, there's likely to be a period where he wants to stay with Liz because he doesn't remember Sam.  Danny will be used to guilt him and he'll try to connect there.  Then when he finally remembers, he'll end up with Sam.  

It would be nice if Ron has him remember his entire life, as the Jason Q. memories aren't going to "ruin" the Jason Morgan character, since Morgan has existed for so long.  

Another anvil is his attraction for things all things mob.  And he's working in the garage like Jason did.  

Oh these comments about how quick the Lakeson boinking was make me laugh, I just chalk it up to being pent up big time. 

Ah Maxie STFU, I loved BM's reaction to her that is a total Jason move right there. And yeah may be in the minority but I love BM's portrayal of Jason/Jake that I really don't want him to leave yet.

So lemme get this straight we don't see Duke for over half the show and now he's dying if not dead. Damn that's cruel. But FH did kill it.

And yeah the timing on this show is utterly ridiculous, the night has already been 2 weeks long, ugh

Poor Liv, but you know sleeping with a mob boss not once but twice and getting pregnant. You sorta reap what you sow. I must say really tacky making an actual pregnant woman act that "something" is wrong with her newborn not cool. Being prego myself can't imagine how hard that would be.

• Love 2

I take it Duke is about to die.  For the 3rd time.  So does anyone know, in the history of soaps, which character has been killed off the most? 

Technically, they didn't kill him off the first time.  We, the audience, saw him enter into the Witness Protection Program. Although, everyone in PC thought he was dead.

Though, too, if anyone character should have numerous lives, shouldn't it be Duke, the cat? 

He's got 6 or 7 left, still!

• Love 11