Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Not Good Enough

• Start Topic

I didn't say or imply otherwise.  Of course the babies come first.  Of course their fathers should do everything they CAN to protect and nurture them.  I never said or implied that Cory was WRONG, I said what Cory has done makes Leah, who IS wrong because she is sick, feel attacked and therefore even less likely to do the right thing because she thinks she will lose her children. I simply don't understand the modern mindset that people are so disposable.  Leah is 23 years old.  Her children are 5 and 2 respectively - so they should just write her off?  Divide the girls between their fathers and let the mother die in a gutter somewhere?  The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.  If Leah can get straight then EVERYBODY will benefit from it - girlses, baby daddies, everybody.

Wait, I'm confused.  How did we get from 50% custody to "divide the girls between their fathers and let the mother die in a gutter somewhere"????

• Love 9

Wait, I'm confused. How did we get from 50% custody to "divide the girls between their fathers and let the mother die in a gutter somewhere"????

I know, right? Ha ha.

I think I can post on behalf of all of us by commenting that we want to see the girls in a better, stable, healthy environment. Just like we want to see Aubree not be around her POS father who can't bother to follow the rules of court and the rules of the road, we want to see the twins and Adderall be cared for by the parent who can care for them properly.

Thus far, Leah is not taking care of herself. She is not doing what is necessary to better herself. Why should she? She has half of West Virginia enabling her and telling her what she wants to hear along with those minions on social media. She is now exposing her daughters around a new guy.

Having dealt with a handful of addicts in my life, I can see what Leah is doing. She is spiraling out of control. What I learned at meetings and therapists is, you can't help those who don't want help, period. Leah doesn't want help because she doesn't admit she has a problem. Since Cory and Jermy can't help Leah, they can only worry about their children and do what is necessary. No different than when Amber Portwood signed over her rights to Gary. Until people like Leah and Amber can show that they are a fit parent, they shouldn't have custody.

• Love 9

I can't believe Kail and Javi (especially Kail) are talking about divorce. How on earth can you justify this stuff to your kids. Everything was obvious. She could've kept dating Javi for a few years before getting married. Why not?? She is only in her early twenties. She could have created a stable house for Isaac. Be as free as possible. Be a student and have a love life. WHY ALL OF THIS MESS? I want to kick her because she doesn't seem that stupid but still makes really stupid decisions.

I think at the time there was no guarantee that she would be paid a ton of money by MTV, be able to have a book published and appear on magazine covers, etc.  She wanted some type of security, and being married to someone in the military meant she would have health care benefits and the husband couldn't simply walk away without paying her some kind of support.  Now that she is flush with cash, she doesn't need that security blanket.  Just my opinion.

• Love 6

Kailyn: WTF was her comment about being married and wanting to do things with her friends on the weekend without Javi?? Umm...Kailyn, you married Javi because you wanted someone to spend time with and start a family (and benefits). I can see every once in a while, but every weekend she wants to be with friends and not Javi? Maybe my husband and I are in the minority, but we very rarely do anything with our friends. He occasionally goes out with his brothers, but most "friend activities" are done together with a another couple or group. We just prefer to be together on the weekends...I don't get Kail's issue. Sounds like you shouldn't be married then, Kail!!

Leah: I noticed no Jeremy? Did the divorce or separation already happen? Did they discuss it? Did I miss something? I wonder if they won't go into detail about the Robbie scandal now and just have us believe Jeremy left for other reasons. Her twins and Addie are a damn mess. Get off the damn phone and interact with your children! Can't she wait to make phone calls until they are sleeping or with Corey? I bet the evil twin is bad, bad, bad at school!

Jenelle: Well, clearly, Jace wants to be with Barb. He wants to visit Jenelle with Barb. And you know he's calling her MOM when Jenelle is not around. He was clearly so excited to see Babs after his weekend with Jenelle.  He just doesn't show that amount of enthusiasm around Jenelle ever. Instead of that ridiculous non Halloween time costume, she should have taken him into her fenced in backyard and played baseball with him. Or just thrown a ball around with him. He is so meek and shy around her. He is not comfortable  and he DOES NOT want to move in with her!

Chelsea: I'd fight for the family center. I would not want Aubrey in the car (jacked up truck) with Adam ever. A few visits to the family center and Adam will lose interest. Sorry, you should have got your act together when Aubrey was born. Reality check!

Edited by CourtneyCourt
  • Love 4

I always wondered why Chelsea did not go after Adam for child support.  He makes money from MTV.  I am sure he spends most of it on tattoos, cars and attorneys, but couldn't she have it directly removed from his check as you would with any other pay check?  I figured she was happy with the custodial arrangement and did not want to make him push for more so she let the money slide since she has income from Mtv.

• Love 1

She needs to let Corey and Jeremy and whoever to take charge of the kids while she goes some place and figures out what is wrong and how to manage it.

Seriously, this is what should've happened a long time ago. If Leah would stop worrying about being perceived as the Mom of the Year and would let Cory and Jeremy have full custody for a while, she might be able to get shit done in her life. First by swearing off dick for a while, then getting tons of therapy and maybe taking a stab again at Beauty school or some kind of gainful employment. She seems to be caught somewhere between delusion, depression, and low self esteem. I want to feel for her but for all her real life issues, she also comes off as spoiled and ungrateful considering how many damn people have been in her corner since the beginning.

Kail was her usual disagreeable self. I know the general consensus is that she probably has a guy waiting in the wings. I don't know or want to know what she is doing to attract dudes. With her average at best looks and her sour, overbearing demeanor, you'd think she'd repel men from her.

Jenelle almost looked affectionate and happy with Jace!!! WTF?? Are the end times upon us?!?! Jace was super cute when he was explaining fishing to Jenelle.

• Love 4

With all of the other stuff going on in their lives, I'm wondering if Jace gets speech therapy. To me his speech is not good for a kid in kindergarten. I can see them using subtitles when voices are faint or muffled (like they'll do with the other kids) but it seems like they use it for him because he's just hard to understand. Hopefully the school he goes to is on that and I'd think Barbara would be, too. But I agree with whoever said she does not lose sight of the fact that Barbara raised Jenelle. They deal with each other terribly. And that is on Barbara, too.  If Jace becomes a surly teenager, he can get that treatment, too, if Barbara knows no other way of parenting than yelling and being passive-aggressive.

• Love 1

I always wondered why Chelsea did not go after Adam for child support.  He makes money from MTV.  I am sure he spends most of it on tattoos, cars and attorneys, but couldn't she have it directly removed from his check as you would with any other pay check?  I figured she was happy with the custodial arrangement and did not want to make him push for more so she let the money slide since she has income from Mtv.

She did. In fact, Chelsea discussed it on previous seasons and just mentioned it again in the last episode.  Check out the link above that was posted by another member. It mentions Adam and not paying support.

• Love 1

If I'm not mistaken, Chelsea did file for support, Adam just doesn't pay. To my knowledge, support and visitation are two different entities, so Adam can be a total deadbeat yet still be granted time with Aubree.

Amazing that he can afford tats and a dog yet can't pay support for his two kids.

• Love 6

To be fair, the whacking Ali with the door happened at Corey and Miranda's house and I don't think there are any allegations of them being high, although slamming the door into people does seem to be a 'normal' way for these girls to express anger.  And I know what you mean - Leah used to be one of my favorites too.

I know. :)  I think I initially responded to a post that mentioned consistent discipline.  I meant that for Leah's part, not Cory's.  I'm just awful at wording what I see in my head. 

• Love 1

Idk I seem to be the only one but I wasn't mad at the ship captain costume lol. I thought it was something cool and "different". Jenelle's attempt at bribery didn't go over well with me. But idk it seemed like one of those cheesy things you bring back for a relative. It helps that Jace is an adorable kid.

I did a Google search of "Adam Lind arrested at court" and this is one of the links Google provided. I hope it's helpful!

http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2015/03/25/teen-mom-2-star-adam-lind-arrested-after-court-hearing/

What. A. Dirtbag.

• Love 1

Adam Lind in that article above:  “It shouldn’t even come down to me paying someone to serve her with papers to see my child…But such is life..."

Hey asshole, it shouldn't come down to Chelsea and Taylor having to take your rancid ass to court to get you to pay child support. Fuck you, you fucking worthless, mutherfuckin' prick!! Same to your parents, too!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Does anyone know how reliable The Ashley's information is? While reading the link above, I found this, and wondered if she actually has inside info:

As The Ashley told you in her 2013 book, Teen Mom Confidential, the production and camera crew do not step in during filming, unless there is a real danger for one of the cast members or her kids.

(The Ashley can’t elaborate, but her production source tells her that this actually happened one time during the filming of Season 6. Production had to be shut down because the girl was putting her kids in danger.) http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2015/07/09/teen-mom-2-producer-says-filming-season-6-was-sometimes-heartbreaking/

• Love 1

Idk I seem to be the only one but I wasn't mad at the ship captain costume lol. I thought it was something cool and "different". Jenelle's attempt at bribery didn't go over well with me. But idk it seemed like one of those cheesy things you bring back for a relative. It helps that Jace is an adorable kid.

I thought it was cute too - and yes it helps that Jace is adorable!  I had a hard time with how they gave it to him though.  [paraphrasing] Jenelle - with a look at the camera - see? I knew he'd love it!  I'm such a good Mom... I know he loves costumes!  Plus, we got one just like it for Kaiser (who Jace had probably seen what, once or twice at that point?), and Nathan with his we got it for you on the island mahn (where we went to go play in the ocean without you and leave you with Meme even though it meant we wouldn't see you for over a month).

To me the presentation sort of took away from the cuteness of the outfit.

• Love 4

I know. :)  I think I initially responded to a post that mentioned consistent discipline.  I meant that for Leah's part, not Cory's.  I'm just awful at wording what I see in my head. 

Oh okay, sorry!  My mistake. I thought you were saying the door slamming was at Leah's. I totally agree that consistent discipline while high is probably challenging at best.

I was actually pretty dismayed by the whole door slamming thing, no matter which house it was at. Maybe that's part of the message that didn't quite get conveyed in the whole Leah/Corey discussion thing - to spank or not to spank?  To allow door slamming or not allow door slamming?  Etc. I found Gracie slamming the door in a loved one's face with the intent to hurt her scary (even scarier than say the toaster). I know the girls are just kids right now, but that's the time to stop the door thing - preferably before someone breaks their nose, loses a finger in the jamb, whacks their head on a wall falling backwards, etc.

• Love 2

Does anyone know how reliable The Ashley's information is? While reading the link above, I found this, and wondered if she actually has inside info:

That site has had it right many times. I am only going by the times it has been linked, and when the show provides us with the proof of what The Ashley has mentioned. To have the crew high-fiving one another after Nathan was called out by his lawyer seems like something I can see them doing. This is similar to the reports that MTV gave Leah the ultimatum to go to rehab or else. There was that Reddit article where the camera person for TM2 divulged the information about Leah being the worst mom on the show. This person stated about her home being a clutter and a mess with food on the floor. This was back when she was with Cory. The camera person also mentioned one of the girls having dog shit all over the place. I think that was Kail since Jenelle didn't have a dog at that time.

• Love 2

I know the girls are just kids right now, but that's the time to stop the door thing - preferably before someone breaks their nose, loses a finger in the jamb, whacks their head on a wall falling backwards, etc.

I agree. I didn't find the door slamming at all funny. Ali wears glasses, and that door slam could have easily broken her glasses or worse, caused them to break and possibly a piece of glass could have gone in her eye. Now, I am not sure if they are made of glass or plastic, but just the thought of that door hitting her precious face or as you noted, if her hand had been between the door and the door jamb, was troubling. I recall many moons ago when I was young. I saw two siblings messing around, slamming doors on each other. One of their younger siblings, who must have been around 5 years old, put their hand in the door jamb. It happened so quick and I wasn't able to prevent what happened. One of the kids slammed the door on that poor kid's hand. What I saw next and heard, I will never forget. This was 43 years ago and I remember distinctly as I heard that piercing scream and looking at that child's fingernail as it was cut in half and dangling off the bed of her finger. Her finger looked crooked. The blood was oozing out so fast. Her mother grabbed her child and took her to the hospital.

I think Cory wasn't going to spank Gracie because of the cameras. This is probably part of the reason why he is bowing out of the show. The girls are now bigger and Gracie is getting into some trouble and also getting away with her bad behavior.  I think neither parent wants to look like a bad parent for spanking them on camera. I can't blame either one of them for not spanking on camera. I will comment there are other forms of discipline that will work without them having to resort to spanking. The problem is those girls need consistency in their life, and Leah is just not consistent.

• Love 2

Jenelle and Leah are both lucky that their kids haven't had a serious injury.  Baby Cheetos seems to be running around unsupervised a lot and you can bet that The Roll will too.  It only takes 10cm of water for a kid to drown and it can happen in seconds and she could easily grab hold of a heavy object or fall off something.  My grandmother (who was an amazing mother) left my uncle in the kitchen unsupervised for literally about 5 seconds in which time he pulled a pot of boiling water from the stove on top of himself and ended up in hospital with scarring.  If the kids are being self-sufficient at such a young age, accidents are likely to happen.  If Evil Twin was being supervised while using the hair-dryer, it wouldn't be a problem.  Admittedly, I didn't use the hairdryer til I was about ten but if she was in the bathroom with Leah while Leah brushed her teeth, it wouldn't be a big deal. Leah being in bed while Evil Twin makes breakfast and dries her hair is, in my mind, unacceptable when she has so much support around her.  

Leah is clearly falling to pieces and while I feel sorry for her in some ways, she also needs some tough love.  She seems to think that because she is the mother, she is the best caregiver which isn't always the case.  What she can't see is that Miranda and Corey don't have some terrible plot to steal the girls, they can just tell that Leah is becoming more and more unstable.  What Leah wants and what is best for the girls isn't always one and the same.  When Corey said that he wanted more time on the weekdays, she said "I don't know if that is what is best for them".  Well, why not? Why shouldn't they go to Corey's on a weekday?  It's an example of Leah not liking a suggestion but hiding it under the guise of "what is best for the girls" in her opinion which isn't the be all and end all.

With dads wanting custody, I thought that it was particularly funny when Kail said (it might have been last week) that Isaac should spend the school week with one parent.  I could practically see Jo saying, "Yep I totally agree, one week at mine and one week at your house.  Perfect, thanks Kail."  I work with kids and I had a little boy in tears last week.  When I asked him what was wrong, he told me that he was sad because he had a good weekend with his dad (who is a fantastic man) but since his dad only gets him every other weekend, it would be a week and a half before they saw each other.  The parents went through a particularly nasty divorce and the mother has restricted the father to 3 days a fortnight until they go to court.  I could easily see Isaac in a similar situation if Kail keeps up her anti-Jo campaign.  In the end, it isn't good for the kids.  

• Love 4

Does anyone know (or have a good guess) about when these episodes were filmed? Were they back in 2014, or in 2015? I don't recall any Halloween or Christmas stuff being shown, so I don't think its around the holidays.

My guess is Feb - May this year. Chelsea calander said Feb in Aubrey's childcare scratching saga, Leah was still filming when she went to Rehab and left straight away at the end of April, MTV forced her to go and stay at the end of May for stint 2. Leah started filming after the others due to her refusal to resign unless they kept the deer cam saga off the show so the other 3 might have finished a bit earlier.

I haven't made it all the way through the episode yet, but laughed out loud at Leah blaming the girls returning from Corey's as the reason for their behavior, all while the baby was playing Tasmanian Devil in disguise. Did Corey have her too? Her delusion is more humorous to me than it probably should be.

I laughed out loud at this as well. I also notice all the girlies blame the other parent when their kid comes home and acts out after having spent time in the other household. Hahaha come to think of it, I think I did that too!

• Love 2

I really think Jace is a beautiful child. He's probably the most handsome out of all of the Teen Mom sons except Lincoln (who is really more cute than handsome). I think he's a good-looking enough boy that he could do professional children's modeling and or maybe do modeling as an adult. (I know Jace's dad Andrew was *allegedly* a model, but I think Jace could actually be a successful model if he has a strong work ethic and stays away from drugs.)

I thought it came out that Andrew wasn't Jace's father? I was under the impression that the father was unknown.

Also, forgive me, but why is Kail married? Was she pregnant? I just don't see the need for a 22-year-old to rush into marriage. Couldn't she just date the guy for a while and finish her education? She's more financially stable than most 22-year-olds (seeing these folks in their luxury cars irks me, as there are WAY better things to spend their money on) so that's not really an excuse either. I don't get it. I don't really get it with Leah either, although I'd imagine in WV folks tend to marry young.

He called Aubree a "mistake" and Chelsea a "fat,stretch-marked bitch".

He has been a douchebag from day one. He was grossed out by Chelsea nursing a newborn Aubree.

I'm no fan of Adumb, I think it's a total douche, but not for that.  He was a teenager.  That was six years ago.   If we held every dumb thing a teenager said or did against them for the rest of their lives, everyone would be considered a jerk.  He's a douche because of the way he acts (no consideration for the safety of others, manipulating Aubree and Chelsea) now for sure. 

• Love 2

Also, forgive me, but why is Kail married? Was she pregnant?

She was married to lock in the military benefits, the first wedding was rather quick they got engaged Sep 15th 2012 and married about 2 week later before Javi left for his training.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201303/reg_1024.Kailyn.jlc.1312.jpeg

Then they got remarried Sep 21st 2013 so Kail could have her big wedding and she was about 7 months pregnant for this one.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013824/rs_2176x3089-130924204236-634.Kailyn-Lowry-Wedding.2.ms.092413.jpg

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013824/rs_634x845-130924204239-634.Kailyn-Lowry-Wedding.ms.092413.jpg

IMO she should have stuck with the first one she looked much better

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 5

I thought it came out that Andrew wasn't Jace's father? I was under the impression that the father was unknown.

Also, forgive me, but why is Kail married? Was she pregnant? I just don't see the need for a 22-year-old to rush into marriage. Couldn't she just date the guy for a while and finish her education? She's more financially stable than most 22-year-olds (seeing these folks in their luxury cars irks me, as there are WAY better things to spend their money on) so that's not really an excuse either. I don't get it. I don't really get it with Leah either, although I'd imagine in WV folks tend to marry young.

I think Kail's whole thing about getting married depended on if Javi got accepted to the military in the first place. In her defense I think Kail was trying to plan for the future of her and Issac at the time, as clumsy as it was she just put it out there that the benefits Javi could provide were her goal, and then once that happened she sealed the deal with Lincoln. No excuses but in her mind survival comes first and then love comes second, she knows that love doesn't pay the bills, Javi just rolls with whatever, I don't know how he does it but that's his business.

• Love 4

I'm no fan of Adumb, I think it's a total douche, but not for that.  He was a teenager.  That was six years ago.   If we held every dumb thing a teenager said or did against them for the rest of their lives, everyone would be considered a jerk.  He's a douche because of the way he acts (no consideration for the safety of others, manipulating Aubree and Chelsea) now for sure. 

I don't think it is a reflection of how he cares for Aubree - I think he does care and loves her in his own selfish way. But I think it definitely points to douche tendencies. I can understand a teenager regretting a pregnancy and saying mean things but not after he's already developed a relationship with the baby!  That's just cold.

• Love 3

When I was 18, my bestie and I had our first apartment, and we were like, totally grown ups, you guys. One day as I was blowdrying my hair, the handle suddenly burst into flames. Some kind of a short where the cord meets blowdryer. The breaker popped and startled me so I dropped the dryer to the floor, where the cord continued to burn like a giant wick. It melted the vinyl flooring and had me scared as shit. I called for my roommate, and we kinda just screamed for a couple minutes before snapping out of it and finding the good sense to throw a towel on it.

Granted, we weren't too bright back then but the thought of this happening to 5 year olds is terrifying.

• Love 10

Hey Jenelle, it's called compassion. Jace is concerned about his Meme (mom) and Jenelle is like oh well, me me me me. Oh Nathan guess what..... I'm surprised he came out of the bathroom where he is probably injecting himself. I just can't stand her.

I love Alli. I think she is always running after Gracie because Gracie runs away from her because she is faster and Gracie knows it. I'm glad to see Alli walking around.

• Love 7

Hmmm Jenelle you cut your mom off first you twit. And your he needs more time with his mother is bullshit. He needs consistency and kids call people what they are. You are not his mother. And as far as the previews. No Jenelle she won't just be a grandparent. Jace will always remember and hmmmm, there is proof that your mother raised him for 6 years.

LEAH, why don't you get off your phone and listen to Cory.

• Love 4

I agree Jenelle getting pissy over Jace calling Babs "mom" is infuriating. Was this not the same girl who hadn't seen her son for over a month? I also call bullshit on Barb refusing to allow Jenelle to see Jace. What was stopping Jenelle from not driving up to Barb's house? Why does Barb always have to bring Jace to HER?

• Love 8

I'm no fan of Adumb, I think it's a total douche, but not for that. He was a teenager. That was six years ago. If we held every dumb thing a teenager said or did against them for the rest of their lives, everyone would be considered a jerk. He's a douche because of the way he acts (no consideration for the safety of others, manipulating Aubree and Chelsea) now for sure.

Total nitpick, but I think Adam was 21 or 22 when Aubree was born. I get what you're saying though.

How far away from Jennelle does Barb live?

I think they've said an hour and a half.  Why oh why would Jenelle even move that far away from her son to begin with?

• Love 6

I think they've said an hour and a half. Why oh why would Jenelle even move that far away from her son to begin with?

I think Janelle and Barbara live in 2 different states. I think one lives in NC and one lives in SC (I can never remember which one) and either Janelle or Nathan in on parole in the state they live in and not allowed to move. So my take is that Janelle, klassy bitch that she is, has legal problems that prevent her from living in the same state as her child. I think she should be very positive about her petition for custody. That should go very well.;)

• Love 6

I think Janelle and Barbara live in 2 different states. I think one lives in NC and one lives in SC (I can never remember which one) and either Janelle or Nathan in on parole in the state they live in and not allowed to move. So my take is that Janelle, klassy bitch that she is, has legal problems that prevent her from living in the same state as her child. I think she should be very positive about her petition for custody. That should go very well.;)

Barbara lives in Oak Island, NC and Jenelle lives in southern Myrtle Beach (Surfside Beach) SC! About an hour and a half I'd say!

• Love 1

Barbara lives in Oak Island, NC and Jenelle lives in southern Myrtle Beach (Surfside Beach) SC! About an hour and a half I'd say!

So it's 1.5 hour ride for Barb to go pick up Jace, see the baby, get kicked out within 20 minutes and another 1.5 hour ride to bring Jace home.  Jenelle - brings selfishness to a whole new level.

• Love 9
So it's 1.5 hour ride for Barb to go pick up Jace, see the baby, get kicked out within 20 minutes and another 1.5 hour ride to bring Jace home.  Jenelle - brings selfishness to a whole new level.

Haha! So true.  I'm sure that's not lost on Barbara.  It's happened more than once on previous episodes and seasons past.  Then she still has the hour and half drive back to Oak Island to stew on it.  That's gotta be a road rage-ey ride back.  Not safe at all.  She's better off staying home and being aggravated via phone.  Have they never considered meeting at a McDonald's or Starbucks or something at a half-way point?

• Love 2

Haha! So true.  I'm sure that's not lost on Barbara.  It's happened more than once on previous episodes and seasons past.  Then she still has the hour and half drive back to Oak Island to stew on it.  That's gotta be a road rage-ey ride back.  Not safe at all.  She's better off staying home and being aggravated via phone.  Have they never considered meeting at a McDonald's or Starbucks or something at a half-way point?

That would mean Jenelle would have to give a shit, and we all know she doesn't. All that talk about getting Jace back is just talk. We all know damn well she will never file the paperwork regardless of how many meetings she has with her lawyer. Something will always have to come first. A job, a man (Nips or whoever else), a new home.. the list goes on. She only does what is convenient for her, and has no regards for Barb or Jace and their feelings about everything. Jenelle's incredibly self absorbed and would never (or maybe could never) put herself in anyone else's perspective. It's all about her, 100% of the time.

• Love 6