Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Not Good Enough

• Start Topic

Haha! So true. I'm sure that's not lost on Barbara. It's happened more than once on previous episodes and seasons past. Then she still has the hour and half drive back to Oak Island to stew on it. That's gotta be a road rage-ey ride back. Not safe at all. She's better off staying home and being aggravated via phone. Have they never considered meeting at a McDonald's or Starbucks or something at a half-way point?

Probably not, because that would mean Jenelle would have to drag her lazy ass out of the house, put Kaiser in his poorly installed carseat and make an actual effort to see her son. Never mind that Barb works standing on her feet all day while Jenelle does jack shit, the world revolves around her and her whims.

• Love 9

So it's 1.5 hour ride for Barb to go pick up Jace, see the baby, get kicked out within 20 minutes and another 1.5 hour ride to bring Jace home. Jenelle - brings selfishness to a whole new level.

I don't know how Barbara does it. I would've gave up a long time ago. Jenelle doesn't deserve her as a mother.
  • Love 3
I thought it came out that Andrew wasn't Jace's father? I was under the impression that the father was unknown.

In season 3 (?), Jenelle and Barb contacted Andrew to do a paternity test to confirm once and for all, and ... he IS the father.[/Maury voice] It was between him and the then-boyfriend of Jenelle's friend Tori. (Keeping it klassy, that's her motto.)

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 5

In season 3 (?), Jenelle and Barb contacted Andrew to do a paternity test to confirm once and for all, and ... he IS the father.[/Maury voice] It was between him and the then-boyfriend of Jenelle's friend Tori. (Keeping it klassy, that's her motto.)

Yea but when she found out Gary slept with Tori BEFORE they were dating it was all "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!!?!?!?!?" 

This episode was so hard for me to watch, because watching Jenelle manipulate Jace was so heartbreaking. I couldn't believe she pulled the "I'm lonely" card -insert smirk- I seriously wanted to slap that little smirk off her face. You could feel how uncomfortable he was, and it upset me so much.

The same when Kailyn asked Issac if he wanted Jo to move there a few episodes ago, all I could think is when she takes him home she feeds him bullshit about his dad, to make sure he never wants to go there for good. I don't know why I get that feeling, I just wouldn't be surprised. 

• Love 2

This episode was so hard for me to watch, because watching Jenelle manipulate Jace was so heartbreaking. I couldn't believe she pulled the "I'm lonely" card -insert smirk- I seriously wanted to slap that little smirk off her face. You could feel how uncomfortable he was, and it upset me so much.

I did like how Jace answered her with Meme would be lonely if Jace didn't live with her. He's a smart kid and seems to have developed empathy, an important life skill that Janelle has yet to learn.

• Love 11

Here is a suggestion for Jenelle if she is so "lonely".  GET A JOB.  Take your butt outside and join a mothers group.  Take the dogs to a dog park.  I loved, loved, loved Jace saying that Meme was lonely when Jace went to Jenelle's place.  That just screamed to me that he doesn't want to live with Jenelle.  He always looks so awkward with her, there is none of the comfortableness that he has with Barb.  You wouldn't ever see Jenelle playing baseball with Jace like we saw Barb doing and from the looks of things, he doesn't do anything when he goes to her place. 

If Jenelle bought the captain's outfit, the least she could have done is played with him.  There was no pretend pirates or ships, she just stuck Jace in the costume and expected him to burst with gratitude.  He really is a beautiful child with those eyes and eyelashes; Jenelle doesn't deserve a sweet kid like him.  

• Love 8

On the topic of Leah- I don't think Leah is a bad person. Right now, she's not a great mom, but I believe she has been and can again be a good mom. She obviously loves her kids. Leah has a lot of redeemable qualities- she's no Jenelle or Farrah. But, she's just not making the right choices. She shouldn't have left rehab early, and she should be focusing on her recovery and not dating. For these reasons, I don't have high hopes for her. But, I do like her and hope she gets it together for her sake and the sake of the girls. es.

Here is a suggestion for Jenelle if she is so "lonely". GET A JOB. Take your butt outside and join a mothers group. Take the dogs to a dog park. I loved, loved, loved Jace saying that Meme was lonely when Jace went to Jenelle's place. That just screamed to me that he doesn't want to live with Jenelle. He always looks so awkward with her, there is none of the comfortableness that he has with Barb. You wouldn't ever see Jenelle playing baseball with Jace like we saw Barb doing and from the looks of things, he doesn't do anything when he goes to her place.

If Jenelle bought the captain's outfit, the least she could have done is played with him. There was no pretend pirates or ships, she just stuck Jace in the costume and expected him to burst with gratitude. He really is a beautiful child with those eyes and eyelashes; Jenelle doesn't deserve a sweet kid like him.

I just started a part time waitressing gig. When the owner was giving me the rundown of the rules, he said- leave your drama at home. Everyone has problems, but you can't be coming into work after crying, or frantically texting your boyfriend when you're supposed to be working. These rules are in place because of people like Jenelle. I imagine she'd be a terrible employee!

• Love 3

Was Kail driving a Mercedes???? Did I see that right? These are girls are headed for total poverty post-Teen Mom.

Neither Barb nor Jenelle should be asking Jace where he wants to live. He's a little kid, and he shouldn't be asked to choose himself between Mom and Grandma. I think he's better off with Barb at this point, but I don't think he should be calling her Mom. I really do think Barb influenced that, and did it to stick it in Jenelle's face. I'm not all that in love with Barb. She's one half of the screaming duo that fought constantly in front of Jace during his early years.

Leah is depressed, mentally ill, or on drugs. And she's lazy on top of that. She really is. Even when she was mentally healthy, the twins were wandering the house half naked and she couldn't keep a job even part time.

• Love 6

Was Kail driving a Mercedes???? Did I see that right? These are girls are headed for total poverty post-Teen Mom.

Neither Barb nor Jenelle should be asking Jace where he wants to live. He's a little kid, and he shouldn't be asked to choose himself between Mom and Grandma. I think he's better off with Barb at this point, but I don't think he should be calling her Mom. I really do think Barb influenced that, and did it to stick it in Jenelle's face. I'm not all that in love with Barb. She's one half of the screaming duo that fought constantly in front of Jace during his early years.

Leah is depressed, mentally ill, or on drugs. And she's lazy on top of that. She really is. Even when she was mentally healthy, the twins were wandering the house half naked and she couldn't keep a job even part time.

Sadly you are not mistaken, yes she was driving a Mercedes. They're already blowing through money at an ungodly pace. There were all those reports that Maci had an $80,000 tax lien put on her by the IRS.

• Love 2

Sadly you are not mistaken, yes she was driving a Mercedes. They're already blowing through money at an ungodly pace. There were all those reports that Maci had an $80,000 tax lien put on her by the IRS.

And when Teen Mom is over and her warranty (if she even has one) has expired, she will not be able to afford the thousands of dollars in maintenance that Benz will cost. I had to trade in my BMW because it was costing upwards of $2000 every time something went wrong. And that wasn't even at the dealership. A light comes on, on the dashboard? Can't take it to Autozone or NTB, Kail. Their computers can't read the code. You have to take it to a certified Mercedes repair shop. And they're not cheap. And if she's got student loans, they start asking for their money six months after you've left school. Doesn't matter if you've graduated or not. These girls are in for a hell of a reality check when this thing is over.

I think Chelsea is the only one I've seen who has driven the same vehicle consistently. I don't know the make and model, but it looks like a typical jeep.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 1

Maybe she wasn't well then, either? Depression and anxiety can look a lot of different ways. Maybe she was just lazy at that point, but we really don't know.

• Love 3
I don't have kids so I didn't know that 5 year olds weren't allowed to touch blow dryers.  The toddler was wandering around her own house - should she have been strapped in somewhere - or crated?  Leah was actually THERE for all of it.  It's not like they were home alone.  As for the cramped car, IIRC Jeremy was doing the driving.  He didn't do anything, execept bitch about it, why no calls to CPS on him?  In real time she is indeed in "rehab" but until we know the truth of why, it is just speculation and opinion.  And last I checked rehab is an indication of at least trying to fix problems.  Whatever, women are hard on women.

I do have kids and I also blow dry my hair, I would never let a 5-year-old blow dry her own hair unsupervised. They can get incredibly hot. Not only that, but as I pointed out - she was doing it in the bedroom. What if she just laid it down on the bed and it shorted out or something? She could start a fire. I just don't think a 5 year-old has the reasoning to be able to handle something like that, if something went wrong I doubt she would know what to do. Then again, Leah probably wouldn't either. 

My reference to the toddler wandering around was in relation to the blow dryer. I saw Addie wandering in the room, but no Leah in sight. Addie could have gone up and grabbed the blow dryer, the plug, etc. and really hurt herself. Maybe it's just me, but little kids don't operate electronic devices without supervision. 

I actually lambasted Germy in my original post for not doing anything about the mess in the car either. I said that instead of bitching he should have pulled over and thrown all that shit out. That situation was in no way safe for those kids. At all. But he was not in the car during the scene in which Aleeah was strapped into her carseat with the backpack ON her back, which is also not safe. 

Leah going to rehab - I would applaud her, no snark to be seen. But apparently she checked out early. So I don't feel like she's really and truly interested in improving herself right now.

• Love 3

Maybe she wasn't well then, either? Depression and anxiety can look a lot of different ways. Maybe she was just lazy at that point, but we really don't know.

I don't think Leah has been mentally well since before the twins were born. I do suspect post partum depression, but I also think it was really troubling that Leah had sex with Corey in the first place. This is not about slut shaming- this is about a girl who had unprotected sex with a guy she just met that she didn't even seem to like. I refuse to believe 16 year old Leah was just so horny that sex in a truck with a probably sexually inexperienced redneck seemed like a good idea. To me, it seemed more like she was licking her wounds over Robbie and hooking up with Corey (and getting attention and validation from another guy, even one she wasn't that into) was something she thought would make her feel better. That right there shows poor coping skills. I can't say every guy I ever hooked up with was a winner or that I don't regret some of them, but I was older than Leah and in a better place to pull myself up.

I think Leah has long suffered from untreated depression and low self esteem, and her way of feeling better (prior to prescription pill abuse) was to get a cheap thrill from knowing a guy was interested in her, which she equated to wanting to have sex with her. If the guy ever wasn't interested in sex (for whatever logical reason), or lost interest in her after having sex with her, then she was back to square one, or maybe further back, because she now had hurt feelings and felt rejected. So she seeks another guy. And the vicious cycle continues, and even guys are are legitimately interested in her eventually burn out from all the attention and reassurance she needs. It's really not that uncommon in people her age- she just has three kids that are being dragged along for the ride which is unfortunate.

I don't think Leah is a lost cause. To me, Jenelle is a lost cause. Kail might be a productive member of society someday but I think she's a cold person who's never going to be nice. If Leah got her act together, she could be a better person than either of the other two. But it would require way more therapy than what she's prepared to take on, and it would probably require her ditching her enabling family members that majorly contributed to her problems.

I blame Mama Dawn for a lot. What I have found weird is that Leah is the oldest, which is generally a position that has a ton of responsibilities, particularly in a family with four kids, and a single parent who works full time. Yet, somehow I get the impression that Dawn doted on Leah, while the younger kids had more responsibilities. I kind of wonder if Leah was the most conventionally attractive Messer, or the most popular socially, and that is why Dawn babied her. It would explain a lot as to why Leah values things like education, work ethic, etc, so little, that would actually help her feel better about herself.

• Love 12

I have to say, that watching Leah go through this, is actually really hard. I can honestly see no excuse in not putting the girls first. It's the one thing that upsets me, and I know that pride has to play a big part in that. She has a problem, flat out, it's very obvious. She also has (well had) a husband who obviously doesn't care as much. From the start you could tell Corey loved his girls, and though he didn't always show it in the best way, he truly loved Leah. But Jeremy.... I don't know, he just doesn't seem as there for her (or the little one)... I don't know if that is just me, but sometimes I am just like "Girl, you should have fought it out with Corey." Every time Leah did the back and forth, "Jeremy I still think I love Corey" thing, he didn't really seem that emotional about it all. When she couldn't decide with Corey, or even in there 16&p episode, he cried, he showed emotion.

As much as it angers me watching the girls being ignored, or using blow dryers, or ALL THAT CRAP, I can't help bu think "Where is your husband in all this" He literally abandoned Leah when she needed him the most. And while the girls have Corey and Miranda, I worry about the youngest one... I hope Jeremy is at least there for her. 

• Love 5

I don't think Leah has been mentally well since before the twins were born. I do suspect post partum depression, but I also think it was really troubling that Leah had sex with Corey in the first place. This is not about slut shaming- this is about a girl who had unprotected sex with a guy she just met that she didn't even seem to like. I refuse to believe 16 year old Leah was just so horny that sex in a truck with a probably sexually inexperienced redneck seemed like a good idea. To me, it seemed more like she was licking her wounds over Robbie and hooking up with Corey (and getting attention and validation from another guy, even one she wasn't that into) was something she thought would make her feel better. That right there shows poor coping skills. I can't say every guy I ever hooked up with was a winner or that I don't regret some of them, but I was older than Leah and in a better place to pull myself up.

I think Leah has long suffered from untreated depression and low self esteem, and her way of feeling better (prior to prescription pill abuse) was to get a cheap thrill from knowing a guy was interested in her, which she equated to wanting to have sex with her. If the guy ever wasn't interested in sex (for whatever logical reason), or lost interest in her after having sex with her, then she was back to square one, or maybe further back, because she now had hurt feelings and felt rejected. So she seeks another guy. And the vicious cycle continues, and even guys are are legitimately interested in her eventually burn out from all the attention and reassurance she needs. It's really not that uncommon in people her age- she just has three kids that are being dragged along for the ride which is unfortunate.

Yes, very much agree. I should've mentioned before that I was watching parts of Seasons 2 and 3 this weekend, and Leah was talking about how she had always felt like she was depressed, even before the girls.

• Love 4

But Jeremy.... I don't know, he just doesn't seem as there for her (or the little one)... I don't know if that is just me, but sometimes I am just like "Girl, you should have fought it out with Corey."

Yeah, I don't think he's on Adam's level or anything, but he's definitely no Corey. Corey definitely deeply cared for Leah and even when he's furious with her now, you can tell he still respects her. Jeremy doesn't respect Leah at all, and I don't know that he ever did. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he definitely wasn't ready for marriage and children, and him pushing for both was unbelievably stupid.

ETA:

I don't agree though, that she should have stuck it out with Corey. It seems to me like while she was grateful for his support and preferred his company to being alone, I don't think she was ever in love with him. I think she would have spent the next few decades either cheating on him or at the very least, wishing she was with someone else.  Corey deserves better than that.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 8

I don't agree though, that she should have stuck it out with Corey. It seems to me like while she was grateful for his support and preferred his company to being alone, I don't think she was ever in love with him. I think she would have spent the next few decades either cheating on him or at the very least, wishing she was with someone else.  Corey deserves better than that.

That is actually a really good point!!!! Maybe it's more of a "I wish you could have loved someone who obviously loved you and thought that the moon shot out of your ass." Because though Corey has his faults (He can obviously be a bit vindictive at times) he really is a wonderful father, and when he loves someone he loves them hard. I know that in his life, those girls come first, you can feel it... both in the show and if you look at his twitter. Jeremy... I just don't see the same with him, and that makes me sad for Leah and their daughter. 

• Love 7

I don't know....I agree that Leah probably wasn't in love with Corey. But I still think she could have tried harder to make it work. Sometimes you can grow to love someone. A lot of marriages go through ups and downs where couples fall out of love, but then work through it and fall back in love. It's not unheard of for people in arranged marriages to gradually fall in love with each other. And really, have we EVER seen Leah truly in love? She had a good those girls with Corey, and he worked hard and treated all of them very well. I don't think it would have been a bad thing for her to really try and make something of it. 

But perhaps y'all are right about her just being too damaged to make a legitimate go of it. It would only work if she could 100% commit. I don't think Corey would continually forgive her for betraying him. 

• Love 3

I don't know....I agree that Leah probably wasn't in love with Corey. But I still think she could have tried harder to make it work. Sometimes you can grow to love someone. A lot of marriages go through ups and downs where couples fall out of love, but then work through it and fall back in love. It's not unheard of for people in arranged marriages to gradually fall in love with each other. And really, have we EVER seen Leah truly in love? She had a good those girls with Corey, and he worked hard and treated all of them very well. I don't think it would have been a bad thing for her to really try and make something of it. 

But perhaps y'all are right about her just being too damaged to make a legitimate go of it. It would only work if she could 100% commit. I don't think Corey would continually forgive her for betraying him. 

I honestly can't help but wonder if Leah wants a "certain kind of love"... Her biggest problem with Corey was constantly that he didn't show her enough love, and then Germy ended up on the road a lot so she wasn't getting it there. I honestly believe she has to be someone's number one in life, their first priority. She is pretty much the extreme opposite of Kail, who feels the need to get away from her significant other, who needs to be number one in her life (I'm sorry, but that's how I see things). 

And honestly, watching older episodes, you can see that Corey does love her, but he's not the "Get you flowers, and sit at your feet while I tell you how wonderful you are of every second" kind of guy. Which is why  it is nice to see him married to someone who compliments him in such a wonderful way, and I just Leah had found that too, instead of.... well Germy. 

• Love 2

I don't know...I think Corey is a great, great guy, who would be a stellar husband and father, but...I wouldn't want him. Sometimes it's just not there. Leah absolutely could have tried harder and reminded herself of all the great qualities Corey had and that looking for her own personal Edward Cullen (or whatever teenage girls in 2010 used as their romantic standard) was rather unrealistic, but I don't think it's a good idea to marry someone you're just not that into. Even if Leah could have refrained from cheating (and someone with a healthier outlook on life could have remained faithful even if they didn't feel "in love" with their spouse) I think she would have resented him quietly and maybe by her 30s regretted that she stayed with the "safe" choice and never really felt any kind of spark.

As far as "real love"- Leah probably considers Robbie the love of her life, but I think that's more romanticizing a young relationship where everything is new and there's no baggage and no real responsibilities and also a little idealism about The One That Got Away. If Robbie would date her as an adult, rather than just boning her whenever her husband is out of town, I think the scales would fall from her eyes and she would see Robbie is just as flawed as any of the other guys that have made her unhappy.

There may some guy out there that's right for Leah. But she needs to work on herself before she should even think about a relationship. That won't happen though.

• Love 4

There may some guy out there that's right for Leah. But she needs to work on herself before she should even think about a relationship. That won't happen though.

Seriously I want to send this to Kailyn, Leah, and Jenelle... and I do agree with a lot of people that if Chelsea hadn't met Cole she would probably still be getting the Adumb D on the side... but it seems like she met Cole around the time that she was making a lot of healthy changes in her life, and from what she has said didn't just introduce him to Aubree and start making babies right away. Four for you Chelsea. 

But Kailyn and Leah both jumped into new relationships sooooooooo fast. (Though seriously watching the Air Force/proposal/whatever episodes were hard because sometimes it was BLATANT that Kailyn was only going to marry Javi if she got those sweet sweet benefits. No Military No Marriage). 

And well... Jenelle.... Jenelle needs to find her soul, and turn it back on or something. 

• Love 4

I think she was never really "into"'Corey. The Jermy relationship was classic infatuation- then they went and got married and had a kid and the novelty wore off:

Agree about Corey. It was kind of funny after she instigated the reconciliation in the first season, and Corey says they should get married- Leah's all like, gulp. She tried to play it off like they should give it some more time before making that commitment.

Normally, I would applaud that as smart, however, in Leah's case, I took her desire to reconcile but reluctance to get married as less of a taking it slow plan, and more as a using Corey as a stop gap measure to help her loneliness while she waited for her real prince charming to come along.

In other words, I think she was using him. I also think Corey worried about that as well, and that's why he pushed her into marriage- naively thinking she wouldn't go through with it if she weren't in it for the long haul.

With Jeremy, I think he was infatuated with her, while she was infatuated with someone being infatuated with her. It was an ego boost, and doomed from the start.

Edited by Tatum

Adumb has been sober for 18 months, but he was thrown in jail in Jun of 2014 for not meeting the requirements of the drug & alcohol program he had to participate in after 3 DUIs? Math is hard.

• Love 7

Adumb has been sober for 18 months, but he was thrown in jail in Jun of 2014 for not meeting the requirements of the drug & alcohol program he had to participate in after 3 DUIs? Math is hard.

I was thinking about the same thing. I don't remember though, did he say "sober" or "clean"? Maybe he's differentiating between drugs and alcohol.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit. He is ADumb after all.

• Love 2

I was thinking about the same thing. I don't remember though, did he say "sober" or "clean"? Maybe he's differentiating between drugs and alcohol.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit. He is ADumb after all.

There are many ways to fail probation, not just drugs and alcohol. He could have missed community service, failed to pay restitution, slept in instead of meeting his probation officer, left the county without permission, etc.

But yeah, I think he's ful of bullshit about being sober that long.

• Love 2

Total nitpick, but I think Adam was 21 or 22 when Aubree was born. I get what you're saying though.

NOT that I want to appear to support Adam in any way but he's only 23 now, he's the same and Chelsea and most of the girls. He just looks rough as hell for his age!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7

Seriously I want to send this to Kailyn, Leah, and Jenelle... and I do agree with a lot of people that if Chelsea hadn't met Cole she would probably still be getting the Adumb D on the side... but it seems like she met Cole around the time that she was making a lot of healthy changes in her life, and from what she has said didn't just introduce him to Aubree and start making babies right away. Four for you Chelsea.

Chelsea is the only Teen Mom on this show who is even close to coping like a normal human, and she's the only one who has had her bio dad actively involved in her life. Coincidence?

I bet Kail grew up in poverty, or close to it. Now she has too much money and no idea how to set limits. She's in for a big crash. I do give Joe huge points for being the rare parent who is willing to risk losing their significant other in order to live closer to their child. Sadly, that is not the norm in these types of situations.

• Love 6

Seriously... Adam is such a crappy person and he obviously only got back into Aubree's life when he started dating Taylor, and that was to get back at Chelsea. BUT Chelsea has never used Aubree as a pawn, like I have seen Kail do.  Chelsea wants Aubree to have her dad in her life, and I think that's why the idea of the supervised center is hard for her, because you don't want your kid to have to be in a setting like that because their dad is dumb. I hope it comes to that though, because obviously Adumb can't be responsible and follow the 2 rules he has. 

At the end of the day Kail started punishing Jo the second he didn't get with her when she wanted him to, so she found someone else and tried to mold him into Isaac's dad. I'm just glad that Jo isn't having it.

• Love 2
I bet Kail grew up in poverty, or close to it. Now she has too much money and no idea how to set limits. She's in for a big crash. I do give Joe huge points for being the rare parent who is willing to risk losing their significant other in order to live closer to their child. Sadly, that is not the norm in these types of situations.

Agreed.  I like that he basically told Vee, "This is the deal.  I'm moving to Delaware to be closer to my son. You can come or you can stay.  I hope you will come because I will miss you, but either way I'm going to Delaware."  I like that.  It was a very mature and shows that he prioritizes Isaac.  I don't think Jo was always a favorite--especially on 16 & P and in earlier seasons of TM2, but he's really growing into a wonderful father. 

• Love 15

.  I don't think Jo was always a favorite--especially on 16 & P and in earlier seasons of TM2, but he's really growing into a wonderful father. 

THIS RIGHT HERE!! He has grown so much, and I felt soooo much for him at that table when Kail was like "I don't want you to move to Dover" -_-

• Love 9
How can Jenelle be lonely when she has two kids!!!!! I'm never lonely.

To be fair, someone can be in a house full of people and feel lonely. That sounds like a statement a depressed person would make. But that is NOT something you share with a 5-year-old. She was putting a huge weight on his shoulders, making him feel like he better choose HER house or else she'll be all sad and lonely. 

• Love 4

To be fair, someone can be in a house full of people and feel lonely. That sounds like a statement a depressed person would make. But that is NOT something you share with a 5-year-old. She was putting a huge weight on his shoulders, making him feel like he better choose HER house or else she'll be all sad and lonely. 

THAT is so true, but I don't think she was saying it like that, that was purely something she said to make him feel like he needed to be there with her. I have a mother who pulls stuff like that, and she has been emotionally abusive all my life. Not saying that she doesn't possibly have issues, but that little smirk after she said it.... no that was a move made on her part. 

• Love 6

But Kailyn and Leah both jumped into new relationships sooooooooo fast. (Though seriously watching the Air Force/proposal/whatever episodes were hard because sometimes it was BLATANT that Kailyn was only going to marry Javi if she got those sweet sweet benefits. No Military No Marriage). 

Very blatant. The proposal was also purely for MTV cameras. According to Kail herself, Javi had already proposed to her in front of his parents at their home a few months before. She mentioned this on one of those videos that are on the MTV page.  I am sure she was just as "happy" during the legit proposal as well.

THAT is so true, but I don't think she was saying it like that, that was purely something she said to make him feel like he needed to be there with her.

I believe she was saying it like that. I do feel she is manipulating that poor child to want to say he wants to be with Jenelle because Nathan is on her ass to get him back. Nathan doesn't really want Jace in their lives, but he does want to stick it to Barb and that is the only way he can. Nathan is manipulating Jenelle who is now manipulating Jace. It is a vicious and ugly game.  All those toys she bought? It's not Christmas and it is not his birthday. It's blackmail time.

• Love 3

Is Sophia the only Teen Mom kid (of TM1 and TM2) who does not have a sibling? I don't understand how these people are so cavalier about having multiple children. That goes for both sexes. (Jo, Adam, Corey) When I was 23, I lived in an efficiency, had no car, made $1500 a month, and spent my time trying to figure out how many meals I could stretch out of an onion and one pack of meat for the week. No way in hell could I afford a baby, let alone two or three. What happens when Vee tires of Jo and Kail's shit and decides to bail with her kid in tow? Will he feel the need to live close to his daughter too? Sure the girls get most of the scorn for having multiple fathers for their children, but what of these idiot boys? Adumb and Jo Muntz are what, 23-24? And already have two children by two different women. I find that behavior incredibly irresponsible.

• Love 5

Is Sophia the only Teen Mom kid (of TM1 and TM2) who does not have a sibling?

No. Chelsea has Aubree.

Adumb and Jo Muntz are what, 23-24? And already have two children by two different women. I find that behavior incredibly irresponsible.

Adumb and Jo are two total different species. They should not ever be compared. Adumb's nickname speaks for itself along with his rap sheet. Jo is not seeking to trap Vee. Jo has a job and has had one since the show started. He is not breaking the law. He has always paid child support. He wants his child in his life because he loves Isaac and adores him. Adumb wants Aubree to spite Chelsea. Jo has matured. Adumb never will. Jo has one car and lives modestly. Adumb has a body full of tattoos and can't hold down a job while buying car after car after car. Jo is a responsible person and father. Adumb doesn't know the definition of "responsiblity".

As for the girls getting the scorn, it is more like people telling it like it is - the damn truth. Kail, Jenelle, and Leah had trap babies. Yep, I posted it and I don't care how it comes off.  It is what it is.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

But Aubree has Paisley for a half sibling.

Leah (TM1) has Gary and Kristina's daughter, Bentley has Jayde, and Carly and Nova are biological sisters. Lincoln will have half sibs on both sides, Jace has Kaiser, Aubree has Paisley (but luckily only Paisley, since Adam got a vasectomy and hopefully if Chelsea provides a sibling, she waits a long time), and Leah's twins have Addy (and probably another one coming soon).

Kail, Jenelle, and Leah had trap babies. Yep, I posted it and I don't care how it comes off.  It is what it is.

I still maintain Leah conceived under pressure from Jeremy. I'd consider her more of a "band-aid baby" than a "trap baby". As for Kail, I think she actually wanted a baby more than she wanted a husband. I think part of the reason she wanted to get married (besides the benefits, the paycheck, and what she considered to be a live in babysitter) was that she wanted another baby that was not illegitimate (I don't really like using that word, but I don't know what else to use. I think Kail was very sensitive about having a kid while unmarried).

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4

I still maintain Leah conceived under pressure from Jeremy.

Two times. She had a miscarriage the first time. She ran back to Cory who ended up kicking her nasty ass to the curb. She ran back to Jeremy who took her back in spite of her professing her love for Cory and her "family". He pushed her to have that second baby quick. She didn't have to become pregnant, but she did in order to assure Jeremy of her love for him and of course, it helped her to get to that altar so she could marry all that money.

• Love 4

He pushed her to have that second baby quick. She didn't have to become pregnant, but she did in order to assure Jeremy of her love for him

That's why I think of it as a band-aid baby. Here, let's take two people who don't really have anything in common, don't really know each other, one of whom has a lot of baggage and the other who is way too immature for marriage, and throw a baby in there in case they need something on which to bond! What could possibly go wrong?

Baby Addy deserves better. I hope Jeremy and his family rally the way Corey and his family have been.

I can't imagine what's going to become of Kaiser once Jenelle and Nathan permanently break up. I am sure they will both be as vindictive as possible when it comes to sharing custody, but neither of them can be trusted to raise a child alone.

• Love 8

That's why I think of it as a band-aid baby. Here, let's take two people who don't really have anything in common, don't really know each other, one of whom has a lot of baggage and the other who is way too immature for marriage, and throw a baby in there in case they need something on which to bond! What could possibly go wrong?

Agree. How about velcro baby?

• Love 2

I think Jeremy thought Leah and MTV would make him rich and famous. Much like Maci, I've always suspected that Jeremy was waiting for MTV to offer him and Leah and their family a spin-off and the baby was supposed to lock it in. I wouldn't be surprised if he harbors dreams of moving to California all Beverly Hillbilly style and hanging with such media socialites as the Kardashians. If that's not going to happen then he'll kick Leah to the curb. I get a similar vibe from Javi.

• Love 1

Baby Addy deserves better. I hope Jeremy and his family rally the way Corey and his family have been.

I hope so too, but I do worry, because Jeremy just doesn't seem as there as Corey always was. Maybe his family is different, and I pray that they are, but I just don't know about Jeremly :/. 

I never said Jo was "breaking the law." I said he was irresponsible. Just because he's not a trash bag like Adam, doesn't negate the fact that he's got two children by two different women before he's even 25 years old. Scratch that, not only is it irresponsible, it's stupid as shit. Because now whatever little income he had to support the first kid, is now going to be split with the second.

That doesn't just go for these soon to be broke fools. It goes for the rich fools too. When Puffy's first child's mother found out how much the second one was getting, she asked for more. And when the second kid's mother found out about the latest one, her amount got bumped up too.

My own father had a reliable job and was an otherwise model citizen, but couldn't keep his pants zipped. I stopped counting the number of times he said he couldn't pay for school pictures or skates, or whatever small thing I wanted, because his paycheck had been deducted by whatever new flavor of the month he'd knocked up this time. I stopped counting them too.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 2

I think they've said an hour and a half.  Why oh why would Jenelle even move that far away from her son to begin with?

I remember when she moved, IIRC within a disturbingly short amount of time after meeting Nathan, and there was zero consideration of Jace.

I hate seeing the "yes or no" questions that the Teen Moms ask their kids in order to manipulate them. I consider it emotional abuse and child abuse.

#TeamJo - I think he's a great father with his priorities in order.

• Love 10

As much as it angers me watching the girls being ignored, or using blow dryers, or ALL THAT CRAP, I can't help bu think "Where is your husband in all this" He literally abandoned Leah when she needed him the most. And while the girls have Corey and Miranda, I worry about the youngest one... I hope Jeremy is at least there for her. 

I think they both took traditional roles.  Jeremy works full time and is gone working out of state for weeks at a time.  Leah is supposed to be working full time with the 3 children she chose to have.  That means feeding them at appropriate times, bathing them at appropriate times, getting them to school at appropriate times.  I don't think Jeremy can be blamed for Leah falling short on her job as a full time mother. 

• Love 11

I think they both took traditional roles.  Jeremy works full time and is gone working out of state for weeks at a time.  Leah is supposed to be working full time with the 3 children she chose to have.  That means feeding them at appropriate times, bathing them at appropriate times, getting them to school at appropriate times.  I don't think Jeremy can be blamed for Leah falling short on her job as a full time mother. 

I'm not saying in that way, I mean it's obvious Leah is falling apart. Anyone watching the show can tell, hell go look at Season 5 and you can see the HUGE difference. What I am saying is that where is Jeremy for her. When his wife started to fall apart, was he there to support her? Was he like "We should really clean out this car as a team?" Nope... He couldn't handle her not being the "perfect" person she presented when he first met her.

I'm not saying Leah is blameless, and again there is A LOT we don't see, but I suffer from anxiety and depression, and my husband is my biggest supporter. When I went into a deep depression last year, he was there for me in every way. I'm a stay at home mom, and he works hard. If I had had a Jeremy who knows where I or my daughter would be today. 

Now there is also the possibility that they were already going through the divorce at that point, and he has only been in the first few episodes because they brought him back to film it. I just think he seems a bit cold at times, and rubs me the wrong way. 

EDIT:

And this is just my opinion... Not wanting to start any problems or anything lol.

Edited by MrsSlinky
  • Love 4