Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Not Good Enough

• Start Topic

It astounds me to know that in real time these two bozos are still together and have allegedly "worked past" all this and are back to ... whatever semblance of a happy relationship they kind of sort of had before.

My guess would be she was having a serious flirtation with some school guy that seemed promising at the time of filming. When it didn't pan out, she suddenly found the strength to rededicate herself to her marriage.

• Love 13

And yet you are arguing against my right to hold that as an opinion. I disagree with you and I have an opinion you don't like. Shrug.

We can disagree and hold different opinions about various characters on the show without bringing their gender into it.

If I don't like Leah, then I'll state the reasons why. Anyone is free to disagree with my view, but if I'm told it's wrong to criticize another woman (I'm female, duh!), then it discounts the reasons I gave for my dislike.

Remember when Amy Poehler and Tina Fey made a joke about Taylor Swift, and she replied something along the lines of "there's a special place in hell for women who put down other women?" Shut up, Taylor! They were making a joke. Should they limit their joke-telling targets to only men? To me, that's a step backwards.

• Love 10

Again I ask, has it been confirmed that Leah is an addict?  If so, to what?  She tested negative on the show. 

Well... she was nodding off and even said at one point last season she "felt like a druggie."  She was also talking to Ali's therapist (again last season) about babies' heads being injected with dye, in between fighting to stay awake while she was at work at the tanning salon.

More recently she went to rehab as has been reported heavily and I think she even addressed it herself (of course it was for "stress" not "drugs" publicly).  As her lawyer took great pains to emphasize, with Corey saying the same, anything PRESCRIBED to her would not make her fail the test. So if I'm understanding correctly, she could be using/abusing all kinds of things and still have it come out negative because she had prescriptions for them.  I'm not an expert in this by any means and I certainly don't know Leah personally, so I could be off base here, but that was how I took it.

She also apparently can't manage to get out of bed on time to get her kids ready for school, get her daughter to therapy, etc. I can see how that might be more related to mental illness/depression/anxiety but it could easily be drug related.

• Love 6

Gracie is bratty, but I feel so sorry for her. It's pretty clear that there's a finite amount of "parenting gas" in Leah's tank, and most of it gets spent on Ali and Addy. Also, I think Corey favors Ali. I don't know if it's because Gracie reminds him of Leah, or if he feels he needs to over compensate for Ali's disability, or if Ali is just a lot more agreeable than Gracie and Corey can't help but notice. I believe both Leah and Corey love the girls but I can see how Gracie always gets the short end of the stick as far as her relationship with her parents goes.

I'm not exactly sure how to word this, so hope you all can understand it. I've thought for several seasons now that Gracie is a little badass (and I still think she is) but I also have to admit that this season has given me a new respect for her. Apparently she's blow drying her hair and making breakfast because her mom isn't. My guess is as much of a terror as she is, she also does a lot to keep the household functioning (if you can call it that) even if it's just by making sure she's getting fed, etc. I bet there are plenty of times she's also making breakfast for her sisters or doing small things for all of three of them. Now the whole situation is AWFUL and no kid should have to do that kind of stuff, but I have to admit I admire the fact that at age six, she's doing shit that needs to be done because the adult in the house isn't. It makes me sad but it makes me respect her little badass that she's got the gumption to be self-sufficient at six (obviously she shouldn't have to be self-sufficient at such a young age). It gives me a lot of hope for her future because she's certainly a little go-getter (if she'd only get her attitude and behavior in check).

On a positive note, I think Jace is just adorable. He has the most beautiful eyes and eyelashes. And when he was "teaching" Jenelle how to fish, he was charming & she seemed to be enjoying it as well-a smile even. I know I'm grasping at straws, but it was a nice little vignette.

I really think Jace is a beautiful child. He's probably the most handsome out of all of the Teen Mom sons except Lincoln (who is really more cute than handsome). I think he's a good-looking enough boy that he could do professional children's modeling and or maybe do modeling as an adult. (I know Jace's dad Andrew was *allegedly* a model, but I think Jace could actually be a successful model if he has a strong work ethic and stays away from drugs.) Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13

Jeez, I thought that other site was dead. I didnt read every post for the past 5 years. I dont follow social media or the gossip rags. I saw the episode last night and was commenting on it.

One last time, sympathy for Leah doesnt mean I think everybody else is an asshole. Corey should do what he feels is right for his kids, it is his right and duty. Leah also needs help. The onus to help her is not on her ex husband but she still needs it. The consensus is that she is the shittiest mother that ever lived, but she still needs help. She has friends and family but still needs help. Its not one or the other. The girls have fathers who look out for their welfare, but their mother needs help. I dont think she is meaning to be fucked up, but she is. I can relate and I can sympathize. I hope she gets help.

Jeez, I thought that other site was dead. I didnt read every post for the past 5 years. I dont follow social media or the gossip rags. I saw the episode last night and was commenting on it.

Five years? The info is about Leah going into rehab was posted here on these forums, not the old one, and it has been recent information. The information is posted here by members for those of us who don't follow social media or the gossip sites.

MyPeopleAreNordic, I can see your point. Evil Twin is likely taking on a lot of the things her mother should be doing or at least helping her with such as blow drying her hair and making breakfasts. I can imagine Leah being in bed, not wanting to get up, here comes Gracie asking her mama if she can make toast because the girls are hungry. Leah tells her to go ahead and goes right back to sleep.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

We can disagree and hold different opinions about various characters on the show without bringing their gender into it.

If I don't like Leah, then I'll state the reasons why. Anyone is free to disagree with my view, but if I'm told it's wrong to criticize another woman (I'm female, duh!), then it discounts the reasons I gave for my dislike.

Remember when Amy Poehler and Tina Fey made a joke about Taylor Swift, and she replied something along the lines of "there's a special place in hell for women who put down other women?" Shut up, Taylor! They were making a joke. Should they limit their joke-telling targets to only men? To me, that's a step backwards.

I didnt say it was wrong to criticize women, indeed I WAS criticizing women, and I didnt say anything to or about you at all. I said that I think women are hard on other women.

GreatKazu - I don't read these boards or follow them in the news. The only info i go on is what is aired.

Um... I'm not sure if your post was a response to mine, timetoread, but I was just trying to answer the question about the drugs. If you only saw last night's episode I can see having a really different impression. Last week or maybe two weeks ago she was very clearly high at her dinner with Jeremy. 

I don't think Leah's a terrible mother, and didn't mean to imply that I did. I fully agree that she needs help.

• Love 4

I don't get the Lincon love on here. He is just scrunchy & uncute to me. I used to think Jenelle was pretty but her looks have faded VERY quickly and now she's an Ol' chunky monkey. Pitch those Miss Me jeans into Leah's crapwagon because you ain't a size 3 anymore, honey.

And thank God, Karl hasn't run of sparkly hair things yet. Not meant to be worn with sweats there, tundra Wookie. But I suppose they could double as a chin girdle in a pinch?

Leah never ceases to amaze. The paranoia is classic drug user. The plot! Omfg. I'm sure Mama McYeti helps plant that crap in her head, too. God Bless Corey & Miranda.

My daughter is 7. I wash and dry her hair, get her to school on time, go to work, and put a home cooked meal on the table every night. I wouldn't dream of letting her use the blow dryer herself! Or even with my supervision- her hair is down to her butt. She does know how to use the microwave though, which I think is considerably less dangerous than the toaster... Of course Leah's litter might toss the kitty cat in there... My brother was an addict, and when my friends cleaned out his house, they found cat shit in the microwave... Sooo that might not be breakfast sausage, Leah

• Love 4

I agree. We have zero evidence so far that Kail is cheating or has ever cheated on Javi, but her attitude so far this season seems to indicate that she knows that she has options besides him. She knows she doesn't need to stay married to him to not be alone; she can jump to the next dick in a heartbeat, and she probably has one or ten waiting in the wings. Probably just strictly friends for now but definitely able to become more once she gives the all-clear.

It astounds me to know that in real time these two bozos are still together and have allegedly "worked past" all this and are back to ... whatever semblance of a happy relationship they kind of sort of had before. Kailyn is totally checked out. Javi is nothing to her but a baby-sitter who pays her. And that poor dopey schmuck just wants to make it work with her because, I don't know, he doesn't know any better? She was his first lay? She whopped him over the head one too many times and now his screws are permanently loose? I don't know why he bothers trying to control her or nose his way into every bit of business she has. Just pack up and go. There are plenty of manatees at the zoo if you need another one to gawk at.

Kail is going to regret treating Javi and Joe like this in the next five  years or so. She's spending this teen mom money like water judging by their lifestyle. When that money goes away there's a 50% deduction in income right there. Now try paying the bills on Javi's military salary and Joe's child support, which by the way wont be as much if he moves closer. Now take Javi out of the equation (Kail's choice) and Kail's only income being child support from both guys. Sorry, she isn't going to make the house and car plus all all insurances plus living expenses on that.

She's going to get pissed off real fast, haul them all into court and waste some more money to not get more money, pout, stomp her feet and then sign up for assistance and start selling her scarves. When the income lowers the boys will just be getting old enough to start extracurricular activities. Uniforms, fees, running to games and practices and doing it all yourself while trying to hold down a job. If her attitude wasn't so horrible her life would be so much better, smile Kailyn, take a valium - mothers little helper - there is no shame.

Edited to add this gem - When the teen money dries up so will her choice of men. Her looks will get her a  man, but the personality and two kids, dogs and a pile of bills will scare him off pretty quick.

Edited by citychic
  • Love 3

One last time, sympathy for Leah doesnt mean I think everybody else is an asshole. Corey should do what he feels is right for his kids, it is his right and duty. Leah also needs help. The onus to help her is not on her ex husband but she still needs it. The consensus is that she is the shittiest mother that ever lived, but she still needs help. She has friends and family but still needs help.

She has to want help. Or be open to it. She's not. She seems to think it'll mean she's a bad mother. Or it's drug-related, which means her addiction is more important to her, or controls her thinking and everything and everyone in her life. That's very common, of course.

• Love 5

As someone with depression all my life, I have sympathy for leah. And i'm sure corey does too. But I have more sympathy for those little girls who are constantly tardy for school and therapy, who are riding in a car jam packed full of stuff that can kill them at any time and who are getting themselves ready and making food for themselves because mommy is too depressed and tired to get out of bed. Corey feels bad for Leah but right now, his daughters' safety and well being > Leah's feelings

• Love 13

I loved seeing the girls acting up at Cory and Miranda's - and how calm they stayed. None of that, "I'm so stressed" crap. Cory didn't sit on his phone and ignore them either. He dealt with it, but didn't lose his shit over it. I'd love to see the girlses there full time.

I couldn't believe how calm both Corey and Miranda were during that tirade between the girls; like it was a regular thing.   Maybe I was just lucky but our two kids rarely if ever behaved like that.  I  would have lost my  mind. 

Once Janelle had Kaiser, I think she felt forced to pretend to want full custody of Jace. In other words, I don't think it's real - I think she felt pressured by public perception, or maybe even the TM producers. She's supposedly drug-free now, she has a new house, a new bf/fiancé, a new baby - what's her excuse for not having Jace in her life? She has none, so she "pretends" to be finally ready to parent Jace. It's a juicy storyline. Plus, an opportunity to stick it to Barb, which she and Nathan are always looking for. But again, I don't think it's real.

That's a good point about maybe Jenelle feels some sort of public pressure to have Jace now that she has Kaiser - although she doesn't seem to feel any pressure to actually parent Kaiser all that much.  I wonder if she wasn't part of Teen Mom she would have left it alone and left Jace with Barb? 

• Love 3

I totally agree with lilB1rdy.  I grew up with one parent who was an addict, both with mental health issues.  I feel for Leah I really do.  The reality of raising kids was no doubt a slap in the face and it happens to women 15 years older.  She has tried her hand at a couple of little jobs, has only a high school diploma, but no career path and 3 kids with 2 dads.  If the show ends she has her child support and that is it.  I am very doubtful she has invested a penny of it.  She does however have 2 exes who come with family who support their children and two exes who are willing to work with her.  She has a sister and mom who watch her kids.  What she needs to do is admit the problem, complete a program and take some parenting classes and get therapy.  Life is not going to get better or easier for her in the short term and Mtv money is all that is keeping her afloat.  I am agreeing with those that said Gracie is that way because of her home life.  Mom is asleep or zoned out for long periods and when she is alert she is probably busy with the baby.  Kids do tend to act out for attention and that poor kid has a lot on her plate.  If A3 is also a pill it is because she is also not getting the attention she needs.  I am not terribly fond of Kail, but look at what she is doing on her segments with the kids.  She is making cookies, Issac has seen a park, she is present and the kid is clean, fed and put to bed on time.  Kail has her flaws, but day to day those kids are provided for just like Chelsea does.  Kail has some mental health issues as well and is royally fing up her relationship with the boy's fathers and presenting them with some drama that will require therapy, but the day to day is normal and stable and they are not caring for themselves.  When you reach the point for whatever reason you cannot provide your child with the basic care you have to accept the help offered.

• Love 9

I don't get the Lincon love on here. He is just scrunchy & uncute to me. I used to think Jenelle was pretty but her looks have faded VERY quickly and now she's an Ol' chunky monkey. Pitch those Miss Me jeans into Leah's crapwagon because you ain't a size 3 anymore, honey.

And thank God, Karl hasn't run of sparkly hair things yet. Not meant to be worn with sweats there, tundra Wookie. But I suppose they could double as a chin girdle in a pinch?

Leah never ceases to amaze. The paranoia is classic drug user. The plot! Omfg. I'm sure Mama McYeti helps plant that crap in her head, too. God Bless Corey & Miranda.

My daughter is 7. I wash and dry her hair, get her to school on time, go to work, and put a home cooked meal on the table every night. I wouldn't dream of letting her use the blow dryer herself! Or even with my supervision- her hair is down to her butt. She does know how to use the microwave though, which I think is considerably less dangerous than the toaster... Of course Leah's litter might toss the kitty cat in there... My brother was an addict, and when my friends cleaned out his house, they found cat shit in the microwave... Sooo that might not be breakfast sausage, Leah

Agreed on all ends here.

And anyone watching this season can clearly tell that Leah's been high as a kite in the majority of her scenes.

• Love 3

[quote name="smhjess" post="1376501"

It's not so much the blow dryer. Another parent might allow a child to help with it in the bathroom, it is that hairdryers are risks for burns, there was zero supervision.

It would be worse if these 5 year olds used blow dryers in the bathroom. Imagine gracie tossing it at ally and it landing in a tub of water?

If she gave them baths after dinner, they would get ready for bed,their hair would dry naturally. Since when do preschoolers need blow dryers?

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 2

Yep.  And giggling while making her swear to apologize the next day.  No talk about how her friend must have felt when she scratched her and how Aubrey would have felt if her friend had scratched her.  Developing empathy begins in the toddler years. Aubrey is way old enough to understand this.

YES!!  I'd be mad if it was my daughter who came home scratched from daycare and then watched this. 

• Love 5

I dunno, I look at Adam and see a guy trying to stay in his kids life. There are so many that I know of who don't bother unfortunately. I know he has made many, many mistakes in the past and I really don't know if he has done anything majorly bad this year. I think Adam still has time to turn it around and be a good dad. His little girl seems to love him to pieces, so he can't be all bad. ::::::::ducking::::::::

• Love 1

Also, my heart sank when Aleeah smacked Ali's head into the door. Those kids need some consistent discipline ASAP.

It's hard to discipline when you are high. HIGH.     Ugh Leah used to be my favorite. That changed long ago. :/

• Love 2

I dunno, I look at Adam and see a guy trying to stay in his kids life. There are so many that I know of who don't bother unfortunately. I know he has made many, many mistakes in the past and I really don't know if he has done anything majorly bad this year. I think Adam still has time to turn it around and be a good dad. His little girl seems to love him to pieces, so he can't be all bad. ::::::::ducking::::::::

He called Aubree a "mistake" and Chelsea a "fat,stretch-marked bitch".

He has been a douchebag from day one. He was grossed out by Chelsea nursing a newborn Aubree.

• Love 9

I wish Barb had owned the fact that Jace calls her Mom, rather than denying it. In general I wish she wouldn't stoop to Janelle's level of screaming and fighting all the time. Barb has all the power, she doesn't have to engage in that. She should have said "yes, Jenelle. He sometimes calls me Mom because that is what children have a deep desire to call the woman in their life who takes care of them. And since you have never filled that role, he doesn't want to call you Mom."

Seriously Janelle just go disappear. No one--least of all your child--would miss you.

• Love 8

I totally agree. I actually think Corey has been pretty fair with Leah and I don't believe he wishes she would just disappear. For all her faults, her daughters love her and need their mother and Corey recognizes that. I think in Corey's perfect world, Leah would get her head on straight and they could co parent and the girls would have both their parents in their lives. That is why I think Corey promised Leah that if she would go to rehab, and focus on herself, he would not do anything custody wise until she got out. Yet Leah still ducked out of treatment early. She is not taking it seriously, does not believe she has a problem, and I can see how Corey feels like he has to take a stronger stand, even though the short term effect is that Leah sinks even further towards rock bottom. As reasonable as I think Corey has been over the last 6 years of filming, I don't believe he is seeking more custody and demanding drug tests just for funsies.

Also agree Leah's mother and friends are a huge part of the problem. In their efforts to be supportive, they are actually undermining her by telling her that she is a great mom and Corey is just doing this to be mean.

Besides, we only see a small part of the show.  From what I've read it basically one week of every month.  Cory must be seeing much more than we get in our brief one hr episodes.  I don't see him going to court on just what we see.  It has to be a whole bunch of actions that lead to it.  He would see if there was a difference in her appearance, her actions, her behavior, and more recently with the help of Jeremy I'm sure he has learned a whole lot more.  

Edited to add: Miranda isn't a cop anymore. She was one in a different county and resigned once she and Cory married.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 3

I think Aubree loves him so much because he's a novelty. Chelsea is the one who has to be the bad guy and do all the grunt work, whereas Adam can be the "fun dad" two weekends a month and let Aubree do whatever she wants. If he let's her stay up til midnight, it's no skin off his back because Chelsea's the one who has to deal with a cranky, overtired child on Monday, not him. I'm not so sure he'd even be around if it weren't for his MTV checks.

All opinions are respected though, so no rotten tomatoes will be thrown:)

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9

I don't know what's going on with Taylor and visitation with Paislee, but Chelsea isn't trying to keep him out of Aubree's life. She wants them to visit, she wants Aubree to get to spend time with him. He's irresponsible, though, and immature, and he's made a lot of bad and dangerous mistakes and still makes them now. He's in no position to get shared custody, and he's too volatile to visit with Aubree unchecked. He has no license, but he's repeatedly been caught driving anyway and a lot of his arrest records are related to that. I will admit that Adam has come a long way from the douchebag who couldn't be bothered (and certainly from the asshole who called Aubree a mistake and Chelsea a stretched-marked bitch - I'll never forget that) and at least acts like he wants to see his daughter, but there still needs to be some restrictions.

• Love 2

Kail is loving, she just needs therapy to overcome her childhood.  That being said, I am shocked to see I am the only one who doesn't like Javi. 

Oh no, no, no.  I despise Javi just as much as Kail.  I can hardly stand to look at him.  Seriously.

• Love 3

I agree with you to a certain degree.  I know many people think Adam is only around for selfish reasons (to screw with Chelsea, to look good for the cameras/future baby mamas, etc.).  While that is probably part of it, I think he has genuine affection for Aubree.  In some of their scenes,* I've been pleasantly surprised to see that he has a certain ease with her that I don't think could be completely faked.  He is still a douche with poor judgment though, so I wouldn't go as far as to say he should have unsupervised visitation.  I just don't think he should be cut out of Aubree's life completely.  I know that's not what Chelsea is aiming for, but some people here and elsewhere have (completely validly) held that opinion.

* A notable exception would be that scene at the restaurant last week where he was interrogating her.  That was just disgusting.

• Love 1

What sucks for Jo is I think Kail will be an asshole and not allow him access to Isaac just because she's pissed he moved into "her backyard." For example, I can see Jo wanting to take Isaac for pizza after school and Kail saying no, he can't have him until it's HIS weekend. She really is that petty.

He even mentioned to Vee that if Kail went out or had something  to do he could watch Isaac instead of Kail getting a babysitter. I agree with that 100%. I don't see Kail going for it, however.  Same as you said, she will just tell him it's not his weekend.

I think once the camera's are gone Adam will be, too, I think he is just trying to pretend to be a good dad in front of his friends and cameras.  He keeps trying to reassure his friends that he hasn't done anything wrong and he loves his daughter and Chelsea is mean.  He's constantly trying to convince his friends that the bad stuff he has done doesn't mean he is a bad parent.  Then you never see those friends again.  They probably see what a loser he really his and hauls butt out of there.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 3

When Jace called Barb, "Mom, I mean Meme" several times I didn't think much of it.  At that age my nephew and niece both would slip and call me  "Mom, I mean___ " alot and I only had them for a day or two every month or so.  It had nothing to do with them thinking of me as their mom and everything to do with the habit of starting almost every sentence with "Mom...." as little kids often do.  A couple times they called me Dad! (I'm their father's sister)   My mother taught first grade for 25 years and said it was very common with her students to do the same thing.  It's habit. 

Jace had just spent a couple days with Jenelle who was probably drilling him to call her Mom which he did.  Then Barb/Meme shows up and he just continues to do it. Barb knows that. that's why she didn't make a big deal out of it, unlike Janelle. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

Chelsea made it clear in last week's episode (or the one before that) when she told her friend that he is not interested in Aubree and said he was only doing it for show and to lessen child support. We are hearing a few things being said where the fourth wall is being removed. The two times I noticed this has been in Chelsea's scenes. When Chelsea said this to her friend, it really made it clear to me, and I think she said it to make it clear to the viewers since we are not privy to all that is going on in their lives. Chelsea wants it to be known that Adam is not around when the cameras are not around. Chelsea hinted at this many times before, but she couldn't directly come out and say it because of the fourth wall in place. Taylor pretty much said the same thing about how Adam is not around.

I sincerely don't feel Adam wants his daughters in his life. He plays too much to the camera. His last comments to his friend about being sober for 18 months is hilarious. His quick glances to the camera as he says these things, it is so phony. If he was such a good parent, he wouldn't have to constantly refer himself as such on camera.

In response to your comment that he hasn't done anything "majorly bad" this year. Can I point out that the guy doesn't pay child support. That factor alone is bad. A parent cannot want FULL CUSTODY  of two children while not paying support. How can a parent who claims to love their children and want to be with their children, not pay any support to their kids? Adam spends all his money on tattoos, cars, and who knows what else, but strippers come to mind. He was arrested in May for failure to appear in court and for not paying child support:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1952893/adam-lind-arrested-teen-mom-2-star-taken-into-custody-after-failing-to-pay-child-support/

• Love 6
Can I point out that the guy doesn't pay child support. That factor alone is bad. A parent cannot want FULL CUSTODY  of two children while not paying support. How can a parent who claims to love their children and want to be with their children, not pay any support to their kids? Adam spends all his money on tattoos, cars, and who knows what else, but strippers come to mind. He was arrested in May for failure to appear in court and for not paying child support:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1952893/adam-lind-arrested-teen-mom-2-star-taken-into-custody-after-failing-to-pay-child-support/

I'm guessing most of Adam's money goes towards attorney fees.  And it's not just child support he doesn't pay, according  to Randy, he's supposed to be providing/paying for health insurance for Aubrey  too yet  hasn't managed a single premium in five years  despite all the fast cars and tattoos he has money to buy,  Still the dumbass goes on camera and says he owns a piece of land and is building a house on it and thinks the judge will be impressed. 

• Love 7

In response to your comment that he hasn't done anything "majorly bad" this year. Can I point out that the guy doesn't pay child support. That factor alone is bad. A parent cannot want FULL CUSTODY  of two children while not paying support. How can a parent who claims to love their children and want to be with their children, not pay any support to their kids? Adam spends all his money on tattoos, cars, and who knows what else, but strippers come to mind. He was arrested in May for failure to appear in court and for not paying child support:

I just wanted to clarify that I actually said "I really didn't know if he had done anything majorly bad this year". I clearly don't know half the things about Adam that you all know. But bottom line is this, I hope Adam can get it together and turn his shit around and be the father that Aubree needs him to be.

Such as "treating" Jenelle to an island vacation to propose and inviting HIS friend, HIS brother with spouses and charging the whole affair to Jenelle.  THAT was what the fight that broke out was about.  That was also the reason he and Barb fell out the first time, Barbara feels that Nathan is using Jenelle for her money.  She's right, he is.

That truck backed into their driveway was a Ford Raptor -- a $50,000 pickup with all of the macho-man bells and whistles.  Not sure if they traded in the yellow Hummer on it, but that's one helluva vehicle for someone who doesn't have a job or even a drivers license. 

• Love 3

He even mentioned to Vee that if Kail went out or had something  to do he could watch Isaac instead of Kail getting a babysitter. I agree with that 100%. I don't see Kail going for it, however.  Same as you said, she will just tell him it's not his weekend.

Jo would just need to go to family court and get a right of first refusal order meaning that when Kail goes out with her friends every weekend like she wants, she can't just leave Isaac with Javi. Instead, she has to give Jo the option to take him. She could try to violate that but I personally think she is on thin ice with family court.
  • Love 5

It would be worse if these 5 year olds used blow dryers in the bathroom. Imagine gracie tossing it at ally and it landing in a tub of water?

Yes Lemons, that's exactly what I thought of too! If a kid thinks it's okay to be wielding a pretty big blow dryer around in front of her toddler sister, then that tells me she's not afraid of the blow dryer at all -- and she should be, just as though it were a burner turned up on the stove with nothing on it, etc. And since it was up to her where and when to use it, I was so worried she would pick it up and use it next to a sink or a tub with water in it. But, with all of the kids running around together and throwing stuff at each other and just the usual chaos, it's totally possible Addy or Ali would dump a cup of liquid or something on Gracie while she's wrangling the blow dryer. I didn't even really think of burns, my brain went straight to accidental electrocution. At least a bathroom's outlets would be AFI (I think that's what they're called) that automatically kill the power if moisture is enough moisture is sensed in the room. The name of the game with this, just like turning on the stove or using a microwave or even running bath water is supervision.

I've been wondering why Corey and Miranda didn't call CPS before they decided to undertake a custody case... I can't imagine seeing what he's seen and knowing Germy isn't around most weeks and waiting out a court filing, hearing and decision. It's just too risky. Is it a case of a super religious and right-wing community/area where people basically handle family matters privately? It's not that I think pursuing custody was not the smart thing to do, just that it wasn't simply a desire to see the kids more; it appeared to be based on genuine fear for their well being.

Speaking of Leah things: is she in a trailer now? Her place seems pretty small, even with respect to the amount of stuff she has, and a lot of shots have read trailer to me. It's just very strange because there was all that craziness last season about how they had to leave their other house and live in an apartment (still super, super weird!) because they had to move to a house that was wheelchair accessible... it's just very weird now that the place doesn't seem to be working out and there's clearly no wheelchair.

By the way, is it me or is Jo's head turning into a pumpkin?

Don't tell Kail! she'll save time and energy pumpkin shopping for next Halloween and just have him take over the Jack-O-Lantern gig at her house now that he's local. On the other hand, he might get past her reluctance to give him more time with Isaac if he can pass as a seasonal decoration!

I feel like a real dum-dum about Kail because it's only just occurred to me since the last episode that she now would have 2 child support checks coming in, her student loan money, MTV money, and whatever else she can cook up -- hence her rather blasé attitude about a potential divorce. And if she can force Javi to pull the plug or stray, I'm sure she's sure she's getting the house in the case of divorce. It reminds me of how crazy entitled and consumed she was about moving Isaac out of state, which I think happened even before the court ever okayed it. I seem to remember her barking about how no judge would stand in her way because she had the new baby and her husband which required her to be in another state. I think she'd take the exact same attitude about keeping the house (and her ridiculous fucking car), and if Javi got too smart about it (unlikely, sorry Javi...), she's roast his nuts on social media or drag him down the stairs a few times until he changed his mind.

• Love 2

YES!!  I'd be mad if it was my daughter who came home scratched from daycare and then watched this. 

Me too!  I initially would've assumed it was accidental, but Aubree herself even said it was intentional. I'd be mad about them letting that slide.

• Love 5

I don't have kids so I didn't know that 5 year olds weren't allowed to touch blow dryers.  The toddler was wandering around her own house - should she have been strapped in somewhere - or crated?  Leah was actually THERE for all of it.  It's not like they were home alone.  As for the cramped car, IIRC Jeremy was doing the driving.  He didn't do anything, execept bitch about it, why no calls to CPS on him?  In real time she is indeed in "rehab" but until we know the truth of why, it is just speculation and opinion.  And last I checked rehab is an indication of at least trying to fix problems.  Whatever, women are hard on women.

In my opinion, 5 year olds can help with a blowdryer but they should be supervised. Those things can get hot. And when the kids were strapped into the car seat with backpacks on Jeremy was not there. They were on the way to school, trying to get there on time. Plus, sorry, but I have a kid who is only 2 years older than Leah's. Eating dinner at midnight, then going to bed, and getting up at 7 for school is NOT enough sleep. At that age it is recommended they get 9-11 hours a night on a school night. Plus, she didn't even comb their hair before school. And yes, Leah may actually be there physically when the toddler is walking around, but she is not there mentally which is most important.

• Love 3

It's hard to discipline when you are high. HIGH.     Ugh Leah used to be my favorite. That changed long ago. :/

To be fair, the whacking Ali with the door happened at Corey and Miranda's house and I don't think there are any allegations of them being high, although slamming the door into people does seem to be a 'normal' way for these girls to express anger.  And I know what you mean - Leah used to be one of my favorites too.

• Love 1

I sincerely don't feel Adam wants his daughters in his life. He plays too much to the camera. His last comments to his friend about being sober for 18 months is hilarious. His quick glances to the camera as he says these things, it is so phony.

Is it just me or have these camera glances increased a lot lately?  Not just for Adam, I definitely saw Jenelle doing it too. She even did the ol' glance at the camera then drop gaze down to look sad thing. 

Kali, you are a wife and a mom. That means you cannot go out with your friends every weekend. You have a husband who wants to spend time with you. How about on weekends you spend family time together? Go to a park, zoo, science museum, anything? Every mom needs a night out once in a while, but not every weekend.

Jenelle, I have a son. He likes to play dress up with superhero costumes, transformers, ninjas, stuff like that. Given a choice I know he would never pick a ships captain costume. Esp. if his baby brother had the same one!

• Love 4

Is it just me or have these camera glances increased a lot lately? Not just for Adam, I definitely saw Jenelle doing it too. She even did the ol' glance at the camera then drop gaze down to look sad thing.

I think because these new seasons acknowledge the 4th wall they're not bothering to edit them out or do retakes anymore.

With Adam, I think it won't matter what anyone does, he'll fade from Aubree life. My guess is he'll go to jail (doesn't he get arrested at a custody hearing) and then just drift away. His feeling about Aubree aside (I have my opinion, but I'll admit I don't know) he just hasn't put in much effort. It's been pretty a consistent run of showing up late, or flaking out entirely, or dumping Aubree on his parents, or ignoring custody rules. And Chelsea is one of the least vindictive moms on the show? If it were Kali? Oh, she would have filed a restraining order already. Chelsea really has made it extremely easy for him to be in Aubree life so I gotta give him the side-eye that he hasn't done it with any consistency.

• Love 1

That truck backed into their [Jenelle and Nathan's] driveway was a Ford Raptor -- a $50,000 pickup with all of the macho-man bells and whistles.  Not sure if they traded in the yellow Hummer on it, but that's one helluva vehicle for someone who doesn't have a job or even a drivers license. 

Wow that's amazing to me.   I didn't even pay any attention this week.  Nathan is really going through Jenelle's money isn't he?

• Love 2

That truck backed into their driveway was a Ford Raptor -- a $50,000 pickup with all of the macho-man bells and whistles.  Not sure if they traded in the yellow Hummer on it, but that's one helluva vehicle for someone who doesn't have a job or even a drivers license. 

I saw the Hummer two episodes ago. He might have the truck AND the Hummer.

Kail: hence her rather blasé attitude about a potential divorce. And if she can force Javi to pull the plug or stray, I'm sure she's sure she's getting the house in the case of divorce.

I don't think she would get the house.  What usually ends up happening in these cases is, the parties will be ordered to sell the house and divide the amount 50/50. If Kail wants to retain the house, she will have to give Javi his 50% share of the house. Either way, Kail will be pissed.

Is it just me or have these camera glances increased a lot lately?  Not just for Adam, I definitely saw Jenelle doing it too. She even did the ol' glance at the camera then drop gaze down to look sad thing.

You are right. I have noticed them a lot.

• Love 2

I saw the Hummer two episodes ago. He might have the truck AND the Hummer.

I thought about that possibility as well.  Of course Kail has her Mercedes and Giant SUV.  Somebody needs to introduce these women to Certificates of Deposit and Mutual Funds.  Even if they're leased, there's a lot of money being pissed away on vehicles by these twenty-somethings.

Does Nathan even have a license? I thought he lost his due to all the DUIs and that's why Janelle always drives. He bought a new truck?

He did lose his license but I'm sure he still drives when they're not on camera, i.e.,  "Nathan was at the gym when my mom came to pick up Jace."  How did he get to the gym?

He didn't buy a new truck, Janelle did.  Unless they're letting their neighbors park in their driveway :-)

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 1

Jenelle just really has a hard time being sensitive and caring with her kids. I know not every mom has to be mooshy about her kids but it feels so forced with her. I feel real awkward looking at her when she is doing that. Maybe she is trying to awake some loving feelings inside her or she wants to come across as a loving mom but still very awkward.

I can't believe Kail and Javi (especially Kail) are talking about divorce. How on earth can you justify this stuff to your kids. Everything was obvious. She could've kept dating Javi for a few years before getting married. Why not?? She is only in her early twenties. She could have created a stable house for Isaac. Be as free as possible. Be a student and have a love life. WHY ALL OF THIS MESS? I want to kick her because she doesn't seem that stupid but still makes really stupid decisions.

Leah makes the same stupid mistakes but from a whole different place. I think she really has no idea how to deal with life and just goes with it. She is really overwhelmed and I feel bad for her at times. I think she really has no idea that there are things out there that can make her feel alive (not drugs) and not make her be so unhappy and bored.

Adam is another one who makes me feel awkward when dealing with Aubree. I think with him it is more the camera though. I feel he is way too aware and feels is being judged so he thinks everything through which 90% of the time make him look more like a asshole.

Chelsea loves her kid but sucks at discipline. I think she can discipline when Aubree listens but when she doesn't she gets overwhelmed. Why not tell Aubree in the car, you will go home and go to your room and when you are ready to tell me what you did wrong you can come out but she immediatley starts making friends with her daughter. She doesn't want to be the bad guy. Which I understand. But you are a mom. Act like it in all ways.

• Love 8

I really think Jace is a beautiful child. He's probably the most handsome out of all of the Teen Mom sons except Lincoln (who is really more cute than handsome). I think he's a good-looking enough boy that he could do professional children's modeling and or maybe do modeling as an adult. (I know Jace's dad Andrew was *allegedly* a model, but I think Jace could actually be a successful model if he has a strong work ethic and stays away from drugs.)

I look at Jace and mostly see Jenelle. I think he looks just like her only he's cuter (and not an awful person).