Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Not Good Enough

• Start Topic

Chelsea needs to show Leah how to discipline her kids. She tells Aubree what she's doing wrong but still lets her know she loves her at the end.

Evil Twin and Adderall have the same glazed over, bug eyes like Leah.

• Love 1

I really never wanted to see that nipple shirt again.

Jace looked like a mini Village People member.

When Gracie looked in the mirror, I was shocked she had a reflection. I was also shocked to see books in Leah's home. Can't Leah put some clothes on Adderall, at least when she's on TV?

• Love 12

Thank God we all know that Jenelle has yet to take Babs to court. Even if she does. She won't win! She's still getting arrested every few months, she's constantly screaming at Nathan, and screaming back. Nathan has always been the priority over Jace and Kaiser.

How can Leah sit there and say that Corey has been accusing her of making the kids absent, yet he's getting papers that say the girls are tardy 10 times a week! He's not accusing something that is cold hard evidence in his face.

I wrote this on TMJ as well, but did anybody see Catelyn and Tyler's commercial for Mission: Impossible? At least they had their cutey patooty Nova with the on it.

• Love 2

Miranda is a damn saint. Those two girls together? Geesh a loo. I never had a sister, is that what's it's really like?

I'm an only child. When I was little I wanted a sibling but sometimes when I witness sibling interactions, I'm now really thankful I didn't have to put up with a sibling like Gracie.

And Miranda must love Corey and those girls to want to put herself in a situation where she'd be their primary caretaker (if Corey were to get full custody). I love me some Corey, but no thanks....she's a better woman than I am.

• Love 8

My thoughts throughout the episode:

Notice how Barb has a normal phone conversation with other people but with Jenelle, they're talking over each other and screaming? I'm glad she didn't even bother to respond to Jenelle's text as Jenelle never responds to her unless she needs something or to yell at her.

How did Kail get such cute kids?

People say Chelsea's segments are boring but I appreciate getting a break from the absolute fuckery of the other girls so watching her and Aubree (and Randylicious) spending time together and being normal makes me happy.

I gasped when Evil Twin slammed the door in Ali's face and knocked her down. Jesus. Let Ali live with Corey and ET can stay with Leah

STFU Jenelle, trying to guilt trip Jace. I love that Jace didn't seem to care that Jenelle said she was lonely and instead brought Barb up and that SHE'S lonely.

I'd rather watch Jo and Vee instead of Kail and Javi.

GO AWF COREY. Love that he brought up that the girlses know how to make themselves breakfast because their mom is so incompetent.

Why do these people always have to go out to eat in order to discuss their problems?

"She doesn't know I'm taking her to court and I'm not gonna tell her" Childish. Kaiser had Nathan's huge, square head. Jace seems so excited to talk to Barb. Jenelle, if Jace doesn't live with you, goes months without seeing you, and comes 2nd choice to Nathan, you are NOT his mom.

• Love 16

The Teen Moms have to be trolling us at this point, because no one spends that much time under a blanket. They *walk around* with blankets around their shoulders.

I also love the producers cracking at Leah by having the deer animations every time they closed the "Teen Mom" book. Deer cam reference?

• Love 10

The Teen Moms have to be trolling us at this point, because no one spends that much time under a blanket. They *walk around* with blankets around their shoulders.

I also love the producers cracking at Leah by having the deer animations every time they closed the "Teen Mom" book. Deer cam reference?

Nice catch on the deer cam reference!!! I hope that wasn't a coincidence.

• Love 3
(edited)

Chelsea needs to show Leah how to discipline her kids. She tells Aubree what she's doing wrong but still lets her know she loves her at the end.

Evil Twin and Adderall have the same glazed over, bug eyes like Leah.

Did you mean to reverse that? When I watched it I said to my husband, "That's what Chelsea should have done to Aubrey.  Chelsea kept threatening different punishments and never went through with any of them.  Leah took hers in a bedroom and talked to her calmly, then spanked her. 

I noticed the deer and said the same thing. Too funny!!!

Guilty on the blanket. I love putting on my pj's and pulling out my blanket after work to watch tv.  

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 8
(edited)

Poor little Jace does not want to hurt his meme or his mom so he tells both he wants to live with them. Please stop asking him that and making him choose because he really will not have a say in the long run. Either the adults in his life or the courts will decide. So quit asking him!

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 20

I think all of these girls need to learn how to discipline their kids. Working in a daycare nothing bugs me more when parents don't appear to care what their kids do at daycare. Notice how everything was fine and dandy as soon as they got in the car.

• Love 10
(edited)

Or a true-to-scale Tom Cruise! Seriously though, it gives me the sads that the only thing Jace got from that $$$$ St. Thomas vacation was a lousy $20 costume! Little Lincoln looks like the world's tiniest Godfather to me, without the giant criminal empire of course, but a little, joyful old Italian man you might find up in the countryside while visiting Italy!

A slap for every single mom for taking the time to bitch about their (back-and-forth, either with location or court cases or missing parents) kid's behavior issues. I lost some respect for Chelsea when she did not take the time to talk to Aubrey about bitching out a school mate, and get to a place where she legitimately understood why it's not okay not to apologize. Making her swear in the car that she would apologize tomorrow didn't cut it for me. And since Chelsea is so frightened that Aubrey shares 50% of Adumb's DNA, these types of situations are the nurturing part of the puzzle where it's important that Aubrey learn to develop sympathy/empathy (within reason for her age of course).

That gunk on plastic trays that the girlses were eating looked terrible, and Ali dumping it all in the trash made me worry about just how hungry they probably are a lot of the time. If someone just put Leah's phone in time out except for an hour during the school day and an hour after the girls go to bed, she might actually be forced to speak to, look at, interact with and make physical contact with her children -- other than spanking them of course ('cause the whip just keeps turning out great kids and parents in WV apparently...). It looks like Jermy is gone for good, which is fine, but I really detest that he doesn't bother to worry or look out for his Leah spawn like Corey does. Why the hell isn't Jermy worried?! Also, I need to know if the repeated fighting buck and doe cartoons at the end of Leah and Corey scenes are a middle finger from the producers or editors though!!

Adumb: watch your footage! Your peanut gallery looks like a group of guys in their 20s and 30s who were clean-up crew members right after a nuclear reactor disaster. He certainly does know where to shop for support and sympathy though. 

Another week, another dream that Jenelle dies with Nipples in a fiery crash. I hate that Jace's main concern on any given day is whether Barb is alone or having to boost his narcissist egg-donor/mother's ego about her lifelong vacation interrupted by bouts of "loneliness." Poor Kaiser Roll, he looks like Nipples is putting roids in his formula. And an extra side of sad that he's seen no one other than Jenelle and Nipples (and Nipples' mom) in however-many months of his life. It would be nice if Jace could have regular calls to whichever house he's away from while he's in the other. A pipe dream I know.

Yay for Randy's dog friend! I forgot about Kail and Javi's non-story. Vee looked pregnant in this ep, so I'm guessing there's some editing silliness and false moving suspense going on. I haven't looked for real-time custody info on Leah and Corey, but Jesus I hope they are out of her "home."

eta: Should have read your post first missy jo, but glad I'm in good company wondering!

Oh, and when is MTV going to stop fucking around with the "itsyoursexlife" announcements and start advertising warnings about verbal abuse, threats, and neglect?

Edited by meisje
  • Love 6

Did you mean to reverse that? When I watched it I said to my husband, "That's what Chelsea should have done to Aubrey.  Chelsea kept threatening different punishments and never went through with any of them.  Leah took hers in a bedroom and talked to her calmly, then spanked her. 

Guilty on the blanket. I love putting on my pj's and pulling out my blanket after work to watch tv.

Leah's spanking didn't bother me too much. She wasnt out of control or abusive. It was an old school whooping but I doubt anyone will be traumatized. What is disturbing is that Miss Gracie seems to be heading toward badness. I wilk give Leah credit for noticing it as something that needs to be dealt with.

• Love 7

No, I meant what I said. While Chelsea yells at Aubree but makes sure the problem gets solved pretty quickly, Leah just spanks Gracie and sends her off to her room while Gracie continues to scream and try to hit people. Nothing gets solved there.

• Love 6
(edited)

My thoughts exactly. That call Barb had with her "friend" was so hilariously staged. I was so hoping it was Jenelle so she could say, "Well Jenelle!" Barb reminded me so much of my mom, struggling with the speakerphone button. But I'm usually trying to tell my mom to take the damned thing off speaker. Jenelle was so pissed when Jace was showing Barb all his things and he said, "Hey mom." Jenelle thought he was talking to her, but Jace said, "No...um...I meant." Hee. Well Jenelle, showing off your diamond and dressing a kid up as Captain Stubing, doesn't make you Mom. Jace seems terrified of Nathan. And he didn't seem comfortable until Mom...I mean Meme came to pick him up. Of course he's going to say he wants to live in that house of horrors when those two sociopaths are gawking at him and pressuring him to say yes. All he could do was nod his head. He wasn't the least bit enthusiastic about staying with those two. I think he was counting down the hours until Mom...I mean Meme came to rescue him.

Please no more pube-head Adam segments with his weird looking friends. I don't want to hear anything else about he's "about to" be a personal trainer.

I'm a believer now. The blonde twin is eeevil. Even I shouted "Damn!" when she slammed the door in the other one's face. That looked like it hurt like hell.

I'm surprised Adderall didn't fall when she was naked and crawling all over that sofa like Mr. Peepers.

Kail's car doesn't come with Bluetooth? It's really stupid to be driving in the rain with your kid in the back while you're holding a phone in one hand and barely holding the steering wheel with the other.

Jo is looking more like Nelson Muntz the older he gets.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 12

There's no way Jenelle and Babs can ever have a civil conversation. It starts out smoothly enough but the second Babs says something Jenelle doesn't like Jenelle starts interrupting her and shouting over her and Babs can't ever finish her sentence. Jenelle stays screaming, bringing in other issues that weren't the subject of the original conversation. Like a bait and switch tactic. It's very annoying to watch.

Chelsea has really matured. She is realizing that co-parenting with Adumb is going to be a long struggle fraught with frustration for her and disappointments for Aubree. Glad she went to check out the visitation center. And she mentioned she dated Cole for awhile before introducing him to Aubree. Who'd have thought she would be so responsible. Was Adumb sporting an ankle monitor?

Leah, unfortunately seems to think whoever has the girls the most is the "winner." It's all about her. She doesn't get that Corey is trying to help her out. And of course he wants to provide more stable bedtimes, better meals etc. I also think she wants her weekends free to do drugs or whatever so doesn't want to actually watch the girlses all day. During the week they're in school part of the day but on weekends it would be her with them all day. God forbid she actually is a mom all day!

Kail is so checked out. She's probably trolling for #3 Baby Daddy already. Javi seems more upset at being separated from the kids instead of his wife. She's just kind of an afterthought. I think she wants him to make the first move to end it, that way she can play the victim.

• Love 12

Good on Vee for taking her time deciding if she wanted to move to DE with Jo. Sick of all these girls acting like they will just fall apart and DIE if they don't have a boyfriend. I wish she had made Jo out some cards on the table though.

Are we just playing house? Or are we working towards eventual marriage and family? I wish more girls hit guys with some hard questions.

• Love 6
Also, I need to know if the repeated fighting buck and doe cartoons at the end of Leah and Corey scenes are a middle finger from the producers or editors though!!

Can someone explain the deer reference, please?

Watching this show I often wonder what these guys do for a living. I know Corey works. I thought Javi was in the military? Adam does what beside be a douchebag? And where is he getting money to buy land and build a house? And Nathan does what other than work out at the gym?

Oh Chelsea please don't back down from having Adam see Aubree at the community center. If she was in a car with Adam and he got in another wreck you would never forgive yourself.

Kail wants to go out on the weekends with her friends and doesn't want Javi to come along. What part of marriage and having a relationship with her husband and putting him and the kids first doesn't she understand?

I hated Jenelle manipulating Jace into saying he wanted to live with her and Nathan. A little kid is always going to say what they think will make the parent happy.

Leah is a mess and I think that's why the girlses act up. Gracie knows how to make her own breakfast because Leah doesn't get out of bed. SMH! as far as the twins fighting I don't know if that's normal or not. My sister and I were 14 months apart. We never acted like that. If we did our parents would have not have put up with that kind of behavior.

• Love 3

I think Javi could ask Kail to pass the milk and she'll turn it into a discussion about how they can't talk without fighting and how the milk has nothing to do with their therapy tools and divorce, divorce, divorce. He's calmly sat down multiple times to talk about what can be done and she halts all conversation by saying that, no, they can't talk because they always fight. How are you going to resolve anything if every time you sit down to talk, one side gives the same lecture over and over again? Also, put the damn phone down while driving, especially in the rain.

It's telling that everything that Corey listed directly had to do with the girls (Gracie's breakfast, the lateness, the therapy) and Leah's only defense was saying that it seems like there is plotting against her. I understand her feeling overwhelmed (especially with Gracie in that household, DAMN), but that's exactly the reason she should give Corey more time.

• Love 11

Did you mean to reverse that? When I watched it I said to my husband, "That's what Chelsea should have done to Aubrey. Chelsea kept threatening different punishments and never went through with any of them. Leah took hers in a bedroom and talked to her calmly, then spanked her.

I was going to say, Chelsea is horrible with discipline. I didn't expect her to turn the incident into World War Three, but she should have been firmer with Aubree and backed the teacher up a little more. Her "whatevs" attitude is going to bite her in the ass when Aubree hits her teenage years.

I agree Miranda is an absolute saint. A weekend with those girls would drive me to have my tubes tied. I didn't have an issue with Leah spanking Gracie, but I do see a lot of negative reinforcement going on. The only time Leah drags herself off the couch is when the girls behave badly, so they're just repeating what gets them attention.

Jace's scenes gave me chills up my spine. He reminds me of kids who've grown up with abuse where they've learned to toe the line to avoid getting their asses beat. He kept his eyes downcast the entire time and seemed terrified of giving the wrong answers when Jenelle badgered him about his living situation. I pray she never regains custody.

• Love 17
(edited)

I mean, I was using a toaster when I was around 5 or 6, but my mom was working 3 jobs and my dad was working 60 hour weeks and going to school at night, and when they had their day's off, they would sleep in and I'd be like "I want a fucking toaster strudel". They told me time and time again to knock it off until they woke up one morning to the smoke alarm going off. I left the toaster cover too close to the toaster. Whoops. I tried to be self sufficient :/

Adam straight up seems like a horror movie character. I get such a serial killer vibe from him. Especially when he starts talking about Chelsea...

Jace wants to please everyone. He knows there's issues and he doesn't want to tell anyone the "wrong" thing. They need to leave HIM out of their shit. That's co-parenting 101, which truly no one on this show understands. Do not start talking about your baby's dad/mom when the kid is RIGHT THERE. Don't ask the kid about the other. Just. Don't.

I don't like the way Chelsea handled Aubree's tantrum. If she scratched another kid and then proceeds to scream and cry and not listen, you don't get to the car and then be silly. "1...2....no seriously, I'm serious". It reminded me of that part in Donald Glover's stand up, "Weirdo", about the mom, kid and dolphins. 

And then Leah didn't handle the sociopath in training well either. I discipline my dogs with a spray bottle, she should do the same except use holy water instead of tap water.

Edited by langway
  • Love 15
(edited)

I don't like the way Chelsea handled Aubree's tantrum. If she scratched another kid and then proceeds to scream and cry and not listen, you don't get to the car and then be silly. "1...2....no seriously, I'm serious". It reminded me of that part in Donald Glover's stand up, "Weirdo", about the mom, kid and dolphins. 

Right?!! Then the next threat was "I'm going to leave you here."  Then they get in the car and giggle together with promises to apologize.  No.  I understand she has said nothing she does is going to be the right thing but wow! If I was the mom watching this who's child got scratched, I would be mad nothing was done.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 11

Can someone explain the deer reference, please?

I think there's info in the Leah thread, but try here!

but I do see a lot of negative reinforcement going on. The only time Leah drags herself off the couch is when the girls behave badly, so they're just repeating what gets them attention.

Leah only takes the time to smack them when she's been interrupted defending what a good mother she is on the phone or with a friend on the couch/bed!!

Must pile on the Kail hate for dialing up her stupid phone with her talons and taking her other hand off the wheel to fluff her hair while racing down a highway. How have any of these idiots managed not to die in a car wreck? Adumb takes the lead in TM2, but Jenelle, Nipples, and Leah/Jermy and their death cab are all doing their best, but these turds really have 15 lives or something.

• Love 8

Kali- First off something nice, Lincoln is so freaking adorable. I want to squeeze him and pinch his chunky cheeks (not in a creepy way.) Anyway, it's so obvious that Kali is completely over Javi and has another guy on the back burner. She might not have cheated yet but she's mentally checked out and ready for baby daddy number three. In some way I don't blame her because Javi just seems so dim and uninteresting. Stupid men are not sexy.

Jenelle- I hate this bitch so much! I might even hate her more than Casey Anthony which is who she reminds me of (and John Lithgow of course.) I don't believe her caring mommy act one bit. I firmly believe that when the cameras are off she doesn't give one shit about Jace. Jace always looks so uncomfortable around her and Nipps and It really pissed me off when she put Jace on the spot asking him who he wants to live with. Can you imagine Jenelle and Nipps reaction if he would have answered Barb.That kid knows not to set them off. He always looks so frightened and fragile around them. Poor kid needs a hug.

Chelsea- Not much to say here other than Adam and his fake friend's conversation at the gym was cringe inducing. I laughed my ass off when Adam was talking about being sober for a year when both him and his friend seemed coked out of their minds. Lastly, Adam looks disgusting as always.

Leah- Speaking of looking coked up, Leah looked rough. I did crack up when little Addy so desperate for attention basically sat on Leah's head and dangled her feet in her face.I want to yell at Leah to put down that damn phone and play with your toddler. That baby just seems to wonder around with no adult supervision. The fight between the twins at Corey's cracked me up too. I loved Ali chasing evil twin and yelling we're going to talk. I did feel bad when she got hit with the door but mad Ali is hilarious.

Tonight's winners- Lincoln for his cuteness, Addy for annoying Leah, Ali for closing doors madly, Miranda for standing by her bearded man, Barb's friend for just for being Barb's friend and Mexican food just cause it's delicious.

Tonight's losers- Aubree for being on yellow (you can do better girlfriend), Adam's fake friend/dealer because he knows Adam is full of shit, all the regular losers because they suck as usual and toast because mommy's a sleepy head.

• Love 20

Right?!! Then the next threat was "I'm going to leave you here."  Then they get in the car and giggle together with promises to apologize.  No.  I understand she has said nothing she does is going to be the right thing but wow! If I was the mom watching this who's child got scratched, I would be mad nothing was done.

Oh, I know! Glad to see we can just laugh it off with no repercussions. I don't care how she acts when she gets back from Adam's fact is, you need to handle it. Maybe that's why she acts up, cause she know she can get away with it.

I did feel bad when she got hit with the door but mad Ali is hilarious.

That was CLOSE. Could have been really bad. I laughed when Cory was like "the fuck you doin'?" "I"m mad as all hale, pops. Closin' doors, I'm fuckin' pissed!"

• Love 14

Jenelle looks like when you push a Barbie doll's face in.

Hot damn! I was trying with all my might what it was Jenelle's face looked like. You nailed it. I pushed a Barbie's face in back in the days. Jenelle makes me want to punch her in the face. The bitch is ugly inside and out.

Can you imagine Jenelle and Nipps reaction if he would have answered Barb.

Jace did say that last season. He said it with so much fear. I pity that child.

• Love 6

No, I meant what I said. While Chelsea yells at Aubree but makes sure the problem gets solved pretty quickly, Leah just spanks Gracie and sends her off to her room while Gracie continues to scream and try to hit people. Nothing gets solved there.

I agree. We also don't know what Chelsea may have said to Aubree off camera. I wouldn't discipline my kids on camera knowing I'd be judged and criticized by everybody.

• Love 7
(edited)

I agree. We also don't know what Chelsea may have said to Aubree off camera. I wouldn't discipline my kids on camera knowing I'd be judged and criticized by everybody.

Exactly. This is why I think Leah mentioned on camera - twice - her feelings about having spanked Aleeah. Leah took a lot of heat on social media when she spanked her daughter on camera, I believe it was two seasons ago. Cory may not want to take the same kind of heat and restrained himself from doing the same to Aleeah when she was out of control. It appeared Chelsea has spanked Aubree. When Chelsea was approaching her after doing the counting routine, Aubree squirmed and leaned against the door as she let out "No!" as if she was afraid she was going to be spanked. I can't blame these people for not wanting to bear the wrath of being labeled a child abuser or something similar for resorting to spanking as a form of discipline. Too bad Leah isn't concerned enough or aware enough about how she appears on camera when she is getting home late and putting her girlses to bed at midnight on a school night.

It seems they filmed in October. Why was Cory's phone showing the month of March?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
(edited)

Maci got ripped for spanking Bentley too.

I noticed that too Kazu. As soon as Chelsea got down on Aubree's level and got serious Aubree snapped into shape.

It also seemed like her being in "yellow" isn't an all the time thing.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

Just finished watching and Jenelle is one sick bitch. Seeing the way she thinks only of herself and pressures Jace about living with her and nipples is disgusting. Newsflash Jenelle, "mom" is the person who is there day in and day out, cares for you when you're sick and is you can count on. You Jenelle, are little more than an egg donor. She abandoned Jace as a newborn and left him for Babs to take care of and now she seems to think that she can just get Jace, like he's a house plant that Babs has been watching for her. Does she realize he's a human being with feelings? Probably not, because in her world only Jenelle's feelings count. I feel bad writing this, but I really think the best thing would be for Jenelle to just OD or have ahorrible accident so she can let Jace grow up in peace. Babs is no saint, but she loves Jace and wants a good life for him.

Leah is so drugged out, she is obviously on something because she looks terrible. I pray Corey can get full custody of the girlses.

Kail is so over Javi and wants him to ask for a divorce. Also, lol at her saying she doesn't want to hate Javi like she hates Jo. She never stopped wanting Jo, she just hates the fact he doesn't want her and upgraded with Vee.

Not much to say about Chelsea except Aubree is adorable. I don't see her as being a big brat, she's still a kid and kids will misbehave. I hope Chelsea has consequences in place for those times, even if she waits until after cameras stop rolling.

• Love 7
(edited)

Maci got ripped for spanking Bentley too.

I noticed that too Kazu. As soon as Chelsea got down on Aubree's level and got serious Aubree snapped into shape.

It also seemed like her being in "yellow" isn't an all the time thing.

Oh, that's right. Maci did get the wrath for that spanking. I forgot about that moment.

I remember when Chelsea talked to Aubree's daycare provider and asked for advice on how to handle Aubree when she misbehaves. The daycare provider advised Chelsea to use the same method they use - that colored chart with the clothes pins. I also remember a couple of seasons ago when Chelsea sat at her kitchen table and explained to Aubree that she was going to use that method to help discipline her. Aubree was receiving a lot of "good" pins at school and home. I found it refreshing to see a mom on this show asking for advice on dealing with their child and actually following through. Leah could use some parenting classes.

"Soon...you'll be packed into a few, neatly wrapped Hefty's."

LOL

I can see Nips flipping out on Jenelle and killing her and Kaiser out of anger.

I am still reeling in shock that the Calvert-Messer home contains books.

Leah uses the books for the girlses to sit on at the kitchen table when she is using her pots.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

I haven't made it all the way through the episode yet, but laughed out loud at Leah blaming the girls returning from Corey's as the reason for their behavior, all while the baby was playing Tasmanian Devil in disguise. Did Corey have her too? Her delusion is more humorous to me than it probably should be.

• Love 6

Your comment made me snort-laugh, and when I looked up to see who had posted this, your username made me laugh until I almost cried. Beautiful, and thank you!

I saw an awesome user name at TMJ tonight. "It was Grandma Sandy in the Trailer Park with a Lead Pipe"

• Love 5