Type keyword(s) to search

"In A World....." Movie and TV Show Trailers

• Start Topic

I had to laugh at the ads for "yay, TGIT is coming back!" where Kevin McKidd uses his American accent instead of his native Scottish accent, as if he's playing his Gray's Anatomy character in the ad.

That ad confounds and irritates me because clearly, no one else in the ads are in any implied to be playing their characters in the ad. So it makes it seem like what really happened is network honchos said: not enough people know that's not his real voice; just do it in the voice you use on the show. I know it's not rational that it bugs me as much as it does, but it really bugs me.
  • Love 1

The trailer from "Ted 2" makes me want to see the movie. And I never wanted to see the 1st one! Maybe it has something to do with Tom Brady's cameo and his golden...bedsheet. Even though it was deflated at the time.

I'm not a big Will Forte fan, so I probably won't watch "Last Man on Earth", but then the idea that a series is only going to have one character on it gives me pause. At least, that's what the previews would have one believe.  But when I go and look at the show's listing on imdb, it shows several actors as appearing through the show's run.  How is that going to happen?  Is the whole thing going to be flashbacks?  That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, given the show's premise.  I'm just confused.

I had to laugh at the ads for "yay, TGIT is coming back!" where Kevin McKidd uses his American accent instead of his native Scottish accent, as if he's playing his Gray's Anatomy character in the ad.

I was amused by the one where he says "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on tv." because I am old enough to remember the cough syrup commercials which had Peter Bergman (who played a doctor on All My Children at the time) saying that exact line.  Actually I found all the TGIT ads using Kevin and Sara Ramirez, among several other people from ABC's Thursday line-up, to be rather funny because they were actually playing variations on their characters.

• Love 1

I used to belong to a forum where a woman showed up claiming to be a doctor and she wasn't.  She was an invalid/recluse trying to make herself seem more "important."  Once we discovered she was a fraud, we started calling her Inad Bipooti...acronym for I'm Not A Doctor, But I Play One On The Internet.

I was surprised at how many folks remembered that commercial.

• Love 5

Just saw a preview for "Furious 7" and I swear the Rock said "Woman, I'm the Calvary." I wonder. Did no one notice? Or did he try a dozen takes and he just couldn't say "cavalry"?

Edited by Mystery
  • Love 3
Just saw a preview for "Furious 7" and I swear the Rock said "Woman, I'm the Calvary."

Maybe he means he's the venue for people to be crucified. Notably for other people's wrong-doing. It is the season, after all.

• Love 6

I find the commercials for NBC's newest Biblical epic, A.D. to be so unintentionally hilarious. In one, the narrator intones, "From the producers that brought you The Bible." I know what they trying to say, but I'm pretty sure the Bible is a little bit older than the crew making this movie. 

The latest one quotes a reviewer as writing that the show is a combination of "Game of Thrones" and "House of Cards." If that person thinks the New Testament is ruthless and brutal, they really should try reading the Old Testament to find out what brutal truly is.

• Love 6

I find it odd that "Age of Ultron" premieres on Friday but I haven't seen any commercials for it.

I've seen commercials with the characters, for Target and some car and whatever, but not an actual trailer for the actual movie.

I mean, it doesn't even need the publicity, but it's still weird to me.

I find it odd that "Age of Ultron" premieres on Friday but I haven't seen any commercials for it.

I've seen commercials with the characters, for Target and some car and whatever, but not an actual trailer for the actual movie.

I mean, it doesn't even need the publicity, but it's still weird to me.

I'm kind of glad of that - thanks to a recently broken ankle, I won't get to see it until I'm back on speaking terms with gravity, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers and trailers are horrible for that.

Encore has a new series of adds that I find kind of amusing.

Scene from Casualties of War where Michael J Fox hits a guy with a shovel.  Tagline....Crazy like a Fox.

Scene from Aliens 3 in the mess where Ripley tries to convince everyone aliens are already there...Ripley Believe it or Die.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Every commercial I see for that Will Ferrell/Kevin Hart movie Get Hard only strengthens my desire to not see it

spaceytraci, this is exactly how I feel about the Sophia Vergara/ Reese Witherspoon movie, the name of which I haven't bothered to remember. I like both actresses, but this movie? No.

Added: I think the ads are cute, but only the first handful of times. I laugh at them, especially the older/shorter one and the white powder blowing everywhere -- "cake" "paper maiche" (or something like that). Still not paying to watch it.

Edited by Actionmage

spaceytraci, this is exactly how I feel about the Sophia Vergara/ Reese Witherspoon movie, the name of which I haven't bothered to remember. I like both actresses, but this movie? No.

I have no desire to see the movie but I thought the joke where Resse got shorter and Sofia got older through the trailer was mildly funny.

• Love 2

That ad confounds and irritates me because clearly, no one else in the ads are in any implied to be playing their characters in the ad. So it makes it seem like what really happened is network honchos said: not enough people know that's not his real voice; just do it in the voice you use on the show. I know it's not rational that it bugs me as much as it does, but it really bugs me.

It used to really bother me that the WB's voiceover promos mostly had actors introducing their shows as themselves, but Angel had James Marsters start his off with "Hi, I'm Spike" in a faux Cockney accent. Of course, Marsters basically hasn't done anything since the turn of the century that DIDN'T get on my last nerve.

What kills me is the perfect Hollywood teeth on Jesus.  I half expect that Orbit sparkly star to twinkle on his incisor.

Hey, if you can cure blindness and leprosy and resurrect the dead I'm guessing tooth decay isn't that big a problem.

Oh God, I was all set to avoid that movie like the plague until the latest trailer revealed that Rob Kazinsky not only appears in it as a love interest, but apparently has a farcical nude scene. Maybe I'll just buy some ear plugs before attending.

When Jeremy Piven says he found that one guy in a Mentos commercial is he saying that as Jeremy Piven or his Entourage character? Because it makes me curious to see the Mentos ad if it was a real life thing.

Never saw the show and the movie doesn't interest me too much, but I'd like to see the Mentos ad.

Aren't Mentos ads from the Netherlands with English language overlays?

According to Wikipedia, "Part of Mentos's popularity in the US can be attributed to its campy TV commercials and catchy jingle, which debuted in late 1991 on American television. Shot in South Africa, individuals facing various day-to-day dilemmas consume Mentos and are subsequently inspired to solve their problems at hand in a creative, often-humorous fashion. These unusual behaviors are typically witnessed by nearby, sometimes antagonistic characters, and a roll of Mentos is boisterously displayed by the commercial's respective protagonist to the observer as an explanation for their actions."

I crack up every time I see the new ad for Spy when the actress gets hit by a car and she yells out "Mother Butler!" That's the most hilarious swear substitution censorship I've seen since I saw the censored version of Die Hard: "Yippie ki-yay, melon farmer!"

• Love 4
(edited)

I crack up every time I see the new ad for Spy when the actress gets hit by a car and she yells out "Mother Butler!" That's the most hilarious swear substitution censorship I've seen since I saw the censored version of Die Hard: "Yippie ki-yay, melon farmer!"

That...is awesome LMAO. I submit this from the censored version of Snakes On A Plane: "I've had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!"

Edited by spaceytraci1208
  • Love 5

When Jeremy Piven says he found that one guy in a Mentos commercial is he saying that as Jeremy Piven or his Entourage character? Because it makes me curious to see the Mentos ad if it was a real life thing.

Never saw the show and the movie doesn't interest me too much, but I'd like to see the Mentos ad.

I never liked the show and only watched a few eps here and there, but I do not remember the main char being discovered in a Mentos ad.

• Love 1
(edited)

Every time I see the trailer for San Andreas I thinks it's going to be the most expensive Scyfy (Whatever the spelling) movie of the week

Lets see. Daddy has a responsible job an estranged wife? a daughter? when disaster strikes he drops his job to rescue THEM.  If flying sharks emerge from the rift and are beaten to death by the Rock with a crocodile... I'm just sayin.

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 5

I saw the trailer for San Andreas this weekend at a theater in San Francisco.  The audience laughed.  When it was over, someone yelled out, "Who's going to see it?"  Crickets.  Then laughter.

The only thing that could be more SCYfy is if a group of military people are about to die in a bunker and the General (middle aged TV character actor) says to the 'kids' "Go ahead and clear out, I can handle it from here" And the young soldiers stand and say... "Sorry Sir. We have to disobey this order."

• Love 1