Type keyword(s) to search

"In A World....." Movie and TV Show Trailers

• Start Topic

In the last week I've seen ads for a Resident Evil movie, an Underworld movie and an M. Night Shyamalan movie that I presume will have a plot twist.

It feels like 2004 all over again. 

33 minutes ago, spaceytraci1208 said:

So I saw a commercial a few minutes ago for Harry ...a talk show hosted by Harry Connick, Jr. Who the hell asked for this?!?!

I haven't watched more than the last five minutes of the show and it looks really bad.

• Love 1

So I saw a commercial a few minutes ago for Harry ...a talk show hosted by Harry Connick, Jr. Who the hell asked for this?!?!

The same people who thought Nate Berkus deserved his own daytime show?

• Love 2
On 5/3/2017 at 6:19 PM, spaceytraci1208 said:

I'm not saying this show is in any way a good thing, but I'm pretty sure it's been on for at least six months, if not longer.

As if the movies Hallmark Channel airs (sometimes on a constant loop, such as when they preempt my beloved Golden Girls syndication to air Christmas crap for what seems like five months) aren't awful enough on their own, now the network is airing a commercial in which the annoying Candace Cameron-Whatever is promoting them. 

Seriously, Bastet, why doesn't the Hallmark Channel rebrand itself at the Hallmark Christmas Channel? I think all those movies are made from Mad Libs. "[Name of female in room] returns to her hometown where her father's [type of produce] farm is failing. Having just been widowed, she is now raising her [number] year old son on her own. Then she runs into her old flame, [name of male in room], and realizes how much she still loves him. Can they rekindle their love by [holiday that occurs in December]? Watch "Ex-Boyfriend X-mas" starring Candace Cameron Bure and a bunch of people you've never heard of before because you watch actual movies."

• Love 13

You have to combine the two: she has to acquire a husband and kids, but she also has to move from the city to a small town.  City life is as empty and meaningless as the single life.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Scarlett Johansson's new movie "Rough Night" looks like everything you hated about "The Hangover" movies, but this time with women in the lead roles.

Except for that little manslaughter nitpick.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, mmecorday said:

Scarlett Johansson's new movie "Rough Night" looks like everything you hated about "The Hangover" movies, but this time with women in the lead roles.

I assumed it was a female version of Weekend at Bernies.

• Love 1
On 5/25/2017 at 10:44 AM, mmecorday said:

Right? I'm so annoyed that she's in it, because I know she can't be hurting for cash. Not with Marvel signing her checks.

Was at the movies and the Rough Night trailer came on right after one for Atomic Blonde - kick ass female spy/assassin. Tell me again why we can't have a Black Widow movie?

Oh yeah, and these were the trailers before Wonder Woman.

• Love 1

I am so sick of the ads SEVERAL TIMES PER COMMERCIAL break for The Have And Have Nots. Once per break would be annoying enough since it seems the ads are extra long. 

I find this amusing because you know, considering its a Shark week ad, that they spent some time coming up with a way to say Great White Shark vs. goat without coming outright and saying you've got to watch this...  Michael Phelps will probably get eaten.

Its going to be annoying when its some kind of Phelps vs CGI thing.

• Love 2

The promos on OWN are maddening.  Maddening.  Not to mention (as @bubbls said earlier), they air every five seconds, often back to back, and last forever.  

And the new ones for their summer/fall shows with the loud drums?  *screams*

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

The promos on OWN are maddening.  Maddening.  Not to mention (as @bubbls said earlier), they air every five seconds, often back to back, and last forever.  

And the new ones for their summer/fall shows with the loud drums?  *screams*

I'll trade you those for the unlimited supply of promos for the WE network's unlimited supply of upcoming reality shows. They have a new one called Bossip that hasn't premiered yet, but I swear I've seen the ad for it a zillion times. Gah.

I simply can't take the ads for Michael Fassbender's new movie The Snowman seriously. 

Even though I'm sure they are the calling cards for some unspeakably evil serial killer. . . they're freakin' snowmen!

• Love 5

The uncanny valley effect of Battle Angel Alita is even worse on the big screen. It's live-action, but the Alita actress has been CGI tweaked to have larger than normal eyes. Because Anime, I guess. On TV it's just kinda "huh", but on the big screen - *brrr*.

5 hours ago, Jamoche said:

The uncanny valley effect of Battle Angel Alita is even worse on the big screen. It's live-action, but the Alita actress has been CGI tweaked to have larger than normal eyes. Because Anime, I guess. On TV it's just kinda "huh", but on the big screen - *brrr*.

The trailer looks so freaky, I can't imagine anybody even wanting to see it.

So there's a new movie called "Book Club" and it's all about some women of a certain age discovering the greatest literary talent of our time, E.L. James.

Excuse me while I vomit everything I've eaten since the age of 12.

• Love 5