Type keyword(s) to search

"In A World....." Movie and TV Show Trailers

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, chessiegal said:

The promo for the renovation of the Brady Bunch house annoys. First, I can't stand these poseurs, and then we have one brother tossing the mic to the other, and it clearly hits him in the shoulder, and he grabs his nose - oh no, my nose! Bullshit.

I'm seeing an ad for that show on the Investigation Discovery channel, of all places, and it features Candice DeLong, the commentator for "Deadly Women". There's something really unnerving about hearing her recite the opening lines to the theme song-I keep expecting her version of that story to take a very dark, disturbing turn. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

As a connoisseur of Friends and Big Bang Theory reruns on TBS, there is a prolonged onslaught of ads for the show Chad, which appears to be the most unpleasant sitcom in the history of the medium.

• LOL 3
(edited)

What is bothering me about the endless promos for shows within shows (honestly was it always this bad and I just never noticed before?) is that we have promos for a very dark show like Clarice coming on at 8.30 in the middle of an episode of a family oriented show like Everybody Loves Raymond.  Use some common sense people who program these things!  Promote like with like for pete's sake!  I don't watch a good natured sitcom so I can watch endless promos for deep dark psychological thrillers (or well anything deep and dark featuring grim torturous deathes and other kinds of horror!)

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 3

There is an ad for a sappy Hallmark movie/show running on their Murders & Mystery channel about someone leaving their kids to a friend in her will. I turned to my lawyer husband and said - you can't leave your kids to someone in a will. He raised an eyebrow, and I said, okay, you can put anything you want in a will. But children are not human chattel. He said - right, not since 1863. Stupid premise for a show.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
On 9/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, chessiegal said:

There is an ad for a sappy Hallmark movie/show running on their Murders & Mystery channel about someone leaving their kids to a friend in her will. I turned to my lawyer husband and said - you can't leave your kids to someone in a will. He raised an eyebrow, and I said, okay, you can put anything you want in a will. But children are not human chattel. He said - right, not since 1863. Stupid premise for a show.

I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on TV... but I think its not unusual to name a guardian for one's children in a will.

8 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on TV... but I think its not unusual to name a guardian for one's children in a will.

Naming a guardian is one thing, but the trailer says "She left me her kids in her will." Her reaction was that this came completely out of the blue. Both my stepdaughters have children and they have discussed who they should live with should both of them die with the people they want to take care of them. My husband drew up a will for our neighbors, and suggested they confirm with the folks they would want to take of their kids. You just don't go - surprise, I'm dead, and I left you my kids.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Love 3

I'm getting tired of seeing the endless commercials for Sing 2, which, BTW, I seriously doubt is an eagerly-awaited sequel... TBH, I totally forgot about the first movie! 

Edited by Gharlane
  • Love 3
On 7/18/2022 at 5:15 PM, Colleenna said:

I've been seeing previews for a movie called "Super Pets." Now, I haven't been to a movie since 1986, but this one could *almost* tempt me back..... yes, I'm basically 7 years old 😁

I'm late by apparently a couple months, but are you talking about "League of Super Pets", animated movie featuring Krypto the Super-Dog, Ace the Bat-Hound, etc (but surprisingly no Streaky the Super-Cat, Supergirl's answer to Krypto)?

22 hours ago, OmegaX123 said:

I'm late by apparently a couple months, but are you talking about "League of Super Pets", animated movie featuring Krypto the Super-Dog, Ace the Bat-Hound, etc (but surprisingly no Streaky the Super-Cat, Supergirl's answer to Krypto)?

Yes, and I successfully resisted. 

The trailer for "House Party" is on repeat on every channel I watch. And it looks about as funny as a bad case of salmonella poisoning. I hope in real life Lebron James doesn't have a hologram of himself congratulating him on his many achievements, but that wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 1/6/2023 at 10:23 AM, mmecorday said:

The trailer for "House Party" is on repeat on every channel I watch. And it looks about as funny as a bad case of salmonella poisoning. 

It's sppsd to be a remake of the original movie form the 1990's, right? I never watched the original, but judging by the trailers for both versions, they appear to be only similar by name.

6 hours ago, Gharlane said:

It's sppsd to be a remake of the original movie form the 1990's, right? I never watched the original, but judging by the trailers for both versions, they appear to be only similar by name.

I'm just an old white lady,  but I'm offended by this type of "blacxploitation" movie.  It seems like the creators are dragging out every offensive stereotype of Black culture (with the exception of the Stepin Fetchit type character,  which mercifully has been dealt the coup de grace and buried.)

• Like 1