Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Keep It Moving

• Start Topic

As an aside, Leah's attorney was a Family Court Judge who got de-benched and sanctioned for illegally videotaping her soon-to-be ex-husband during their divorce. I think she had hired someone to follow him or something too, but the videotaping got her in trouble. It was shocking to see her on television.

Edited: because I put this comment out there, I went looking for the opinion but cannot find it. I did find mention of it in another article about a different complaint about her:

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm all for videotaping cheating spouses. Release the deer cam footage!

• Love 8
I suspect it has to do with child support. If it were 50/50 and Leah's Teen Mom earnings are counted, she might either get no financial support from Corey, or possibly have to pay him.

If that's the case, that's really fucked up.  To keep your kids from their father because you want money.  Which, if I'm understanding correctly, she shouldn't even need, if the custody was 50/50.  Why would he need to pay her if he had them for half of the time?  I'm not too familiar with this but I assumed if each parent had the children equal time, then no one would have to pay anyone else.  I'm probably wrong but I don't think it makes sense any other way.

I watched some scenes I missed last night and at one point Kail says to Javi "this is why I'm sneaky" because Javi is too controlling or something.  While I do agree that it's psychotic to demand passwords and want to look through your wife's phone, I don't see why she needs to be "sneaky" about anything. It did seem a little shady that the dude was texting her "good morning, do you have class today" that sounds like something I would text some dude I was trying to spend some time with that day.  It's not like he texted her "hey, what is our assignment for this week?"  She can certainly have friends that are guys but I don't know, maybe it is a little weird that she just met this guy in school and they exchanged numbers and are texting.  Maybe it's not weird but it could be.  And also, maybe Javi is being a lunatic about this but I also think that in a relationship, if something you are doing really, really upsets your partner, maybe you need to stop doing that thing.  So maybe Kail does think she can be friends with whoever she wants, but if her new friendship with this texting guy is making her husband that upset, is it worth it?  I'm not saying ditch all of her old male friends or never speak to a member of the opposite sex again, but maybe don't go out of your way to give your number to new men you meet in school or wherever?  I can't decide if it's disrespectful to her husband or not because I don't know enough about it but I do think there's a difference between having relationships with guys who you have known for a while, or who you work with every day and form an actual relationship with, and giving your number out to dudes in your classes. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I'm not too familiar with this but I assumed if each parent had the children equal time, then no one would have to pay anyone else.  I'm probably wrong but I don't think it makes sense any other way.

I'm not an attorney, but I believe the courts take both the time spent with each parent AND each parent's income into account when deciding who pays. So, if custody is split 50/50, but one parent earns $200K while the other one earns $20K, the higher earning parent might still have to pay. That's my understanding but that could be wrong.

I do know my boss has 50/50 custody with his ex and neither one pays child support, but the ex wife outearns my boss by about $100K. That said, both their incomes are in the top 5% so maybe there's a cut off line somewhere? Someone with more knowledge about family law could weigh in?

That said, regardless of whether income is counted, if Corey is increasing his time with the girls, he is decreasing his payments to Leah, and I suspect that's why she's disagreeing to it.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3

It's kind of annoying watching this show when we already know about most of the stuff that's happened. 

Already knew about Chelsea's new beau. I'm happy for her. He seems very sweet. 

Adumb is, once again, out of his mind. No way that dude is going to get 50-50 custody. No way he even WANTS 50-50 custody. Could you imagine if he really had Aubrey and Paislee at the same time, with no new girlfriend to watch them for him? Bwahahaha. Actually, it wouldn't be funny. They'd probably be choking on chicken wings and falling off of dirt bikes. And that dude claims he's 15 months sober? Really? When was his last DUI? 

I feel bad for Randy. His life has got to be like one long Groundhog Day. But he loves his granddaughter. As do I. Aubrey and her little, husky voice will never get old. I loved her putting makeup on Chelsea and Chelsea being all - "Slather it on, that's how I like it". Girl, we know. 

Wow. Kail and Javi are in bad shape, eh? Not surprising, given the warp speed at which they co-habitated and procreated. And the fact that both have some serious flaws. Javi actually is probably a pretty nice guy in general, and he seems great with Isaac. But he clearly has some real insecurity issues. He comes across as very immature. Kail had a text from a co-worker so now you will no longer watch the kids so she can have a night out? Petty, party of one. I do wonder if there is more to it - DID Kail cross any lines at any point? Or is he just naturally super jealous? Because I can see a couple where cheating HAS actually happened agreeing to full disclosure of phones and emails, but just because you're paranoid? No. Just no. 

So yea, Javi was the big loser last night. But don't worry, I'm sure Kail won't be far behind. There was a blip where Jo was talking about moving closer and instead of being excited for Isaac's sake, Kail is all - "Don't be moving into my backyard". Bitch, please. Don't flatter yourself. 

So I see Nips's shirts are getting more and more narrow. Pretty soon it will just be the collar. We get it, you work out, bro. Very impressed. Also, where is this dude getting money for week long trip's to St. Thomas? And could Jenelle BE any more unenthused? I swear, you could tell she won the lottery and she'd be all, "Cool, thanks" with her typical flat effect. 

So are they really withholding time with baby Kaiser Roll from Barb, or is the latter being overdramatic? Who knows, buy my God, when will these people ever learn not to scream and curse right in front of the kids? Poor Kaiser Permanente. 

Was it just me, or did Leah seem kind of "whacked out" out her dinner with Germy? Her eyes looked weird and she just seemed kind of hyper and spazzy. And way to ruin the only time off your man has, by bitching about how much he works. Damn, she is insufferable. I hate women who think their husbands are choosing work over the family, when they HAVE to work to take care of the family. Damn. Should he sit at home on unemployment while you run yourself further into credit card debt buying a boatload of Mary Kay you will never sell? 

Well, she won this round in the courts, but we know it's just going to get worse for her in real time. I hate how she kept saying SHE was "the nurterer" and Cory isn't. Oh please. If "nurturing" is feeding your kids Cheetos and Mountain Dew while they teeter around undressed on pots and pans instead of chairs, I'm doing it wrong. 

Also, she's taking an RX for "headaches" now? I thought last season it was anxiety. Okay, then. 

• Love 15
(edited)
Leah's kids were probably beating each other to burn off the energy they got when they drank their coffee!!! Did y'all here that? My mouth fell to the floor!

Did anyone else catch the shot of the girlses stuffing chicken nuggets in their mouths? And the open bag of cheetos on the kitchen counter? I don't begrudge any mom who gives their kids junk every once in a while, but it seems to be an every day occurrence with Leah. And don't get me started with the coffee. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5

Oh please. If "nurturing" is feeding your kids Cheetos and Mountain Dew while they teeter around undressed on pots and pans instead of chairs, I'm doing it wrong.

Haha. Yes, Leah is the nurturer because the heartless Corey insisted on working a full time job in order to, you know, pay bills and stuff and was only able to help Leah out during the evenings and weekends instead of "putting family first" and abandoning his job duties to hold Leah's hand whenever life got the better of her.

• Love 4

Javi is definitely immature and maybe a little nuts, though I don't know if he actually has any reason to be upset at all. I feel like we don't have the full story on the text(s) or Kail's relationships with her guy friends, so perhaps there is reason for a lack of trust. Who knows. I honestly don't even care. But the whole changing passcodes on the phones and all that, dude, either you trust your partner or you don't, and if you think you have to snoop into their business to see for yourself exactly who they're talking to and about what, then you obviously don't trust them so what's the point? Kail is right about that, at least - that's not a compromise. Letting him keep her on lock and key so he can monitor everything she does is not trust. That's controlling and abusive.

• Love 8

Haha. Yes, Leah is the nurturer because the heartless Corey insisted on working a full time job in order to, you know, pay bills and stuff and was only able to help Leah out during the evenings and weekends instead of "putting family first" and abandoning his job duties to hold Leah's hand whenever life got the better of her.

Yes, I love how Leah tries to say that Corey shouldn't have custody because he works, like working is a bad thing. 

As far as Kail and Javi, I have no idea how effed up their relationship is, but they are both fighting dirty. First Javi waits until Kail makes plans, then skewers them. Then Kail calls Javi in to fight with him in front of her friends and the kids. No bueno.  

• Love 6
There was a blip where Jo was talking about moving closer and instead of being excited for Isaac's sake, Kail is all - "Don't be moving into my backyard". Bitch, please. Don't flatter yourself.

Yeah, I don't get why she's upset about this, either. Jo is moving closer so that there is less driving back and forth. Also, he is still with Vee, right? So essentially he is moving his life to make it easier for Kail as well.  I seem to recall her constantly complaining about the drives back and forth for the pickups. I think she likes it when there's an obstacle in whatever she wants, it gives her free reign to play a martyr role. Which is why I'm not sure we saw everything in her fight with Javi last night, I feel like there's more to the story that we just didn't see.

As much as Chelsea's segments are fairly boring and a lot of "same old, same old", I enjoy her segments only because Aubree is adorable and always happy and it's really nice to see one of these Moms have it together. And I don't worry about Aubree when I watch the show. Which is more than I can say for the other kids- maybe not Issac so much but I hate that he is obviously around a lot of yelling. 

For some reason I thought this season was going to have the same format the OGS had when they broke the fourth wall but obviously not. I don't know why I thought that. 

• Love 3
Even though Corey's petition was denied, it was clear from what the judge's order that Leah has a big problem getting the girlses to school on time.

Yea, her lawyer was all - "So, remember, school is at 8:15" and Leah's like, "Yea, okay, 8:15. Got it". Shouldn't you have that down by now? You don't work and have about a dozen babysitters at your disposal. What is so freaking hard about it????

WTF is up with Sterling?

WTF is up with Kail's friends and their names? Sterling? Peach????

WTF is with Adam being a personal trainer? Like, whaaaa?

Personal trainer aka selling roids out of the local wing joint's bathroom. 

The Leah/Germy baby did not look well. I hope it's okay. She looked like she had red circles under her eyes, and that headbanging/rocking back and forth was weird.

If I had Leah as a mom, I'd constantly be banging my head as well. 

I suspect it has to do with child support. If it were 50/50 and Leah's Teen Mom earnings are counted, she might either get no financial support from Corey, or possibly have to pay him.

I think it's either financial, or she feels like by giving 50/50 custody a try she's conceding that she's not a very good mom, and she's worried what people will say.

Both of those, and I think she likes having the girlses full time so she can play the victim. "Oh, I'm so tired and overworked and stressed, raising these three girlses by myself while my husband works out of town". (Even though it seems like some family member or other is always helping her.) If Cory had the girlses half the time, she might actually have to quit whining and get a job. 

• Love 16

The Leah/Germy baby did not look well. I hope it's okay. She looked like she had red circles under her eyes, and that headbanging/rocking back and forth was weird. Having a lunch box hurled at her couldn't have helped. The girlses were really monsters in the car.

Baby Adderall (or Butterbean, as my husband calls her) looked like a baby on a bender. AND WHY WAS ADDERALL SITTING ON A FUCKING POT AT THE DINING ROOM TABLE? Leah's got some tacky ass Jamberry nails going on, and is always driving a fancy ass car, but can't buy a proper SAFE toddler seat? And if Adderall had been rear-facing in the car, she might have been able to dodge the colored pencils of death that Gracie and Goggles were trying to murder each other with. I kept yelling "They're going to poke their eyes out!" at the TV. I cringed through that whole scene. I did laugh at Goggles telling Leah that Gracie didn't eat her food because she was too busy being bad. Goggles is the smartest person in this show.

• Love 16

It's kind of annoying watching this show when we already know about most of the stuff that's happened.

I don't. I couldn't be bothered to follow these people when Teen Mom isn't airing. I don't follow anybody but especially not these fools.

• Love 2
(edited)

I follow some of them on Twitter but I actually don't read their tweets too much. The only two who i had some indication of what was going on was Leah because she was always in the magazines and Chelsea because of what I read here via Adam's legal issues. But aside from that not much of anything.

I keep saying in all my posts that there is more to the one text message that set Javi off. I also stand by this because then Kail was like, "I;m not going at all now. It's bad to leave when my marriage is in a crisis" or something.. and that seems like an extreme thing to say to me anyway. There seems to be more going on.

It makes me do a little smile everytime I think of Chelsea from when she was on original 16 episode to where she is now. It also makes me wonder why none of these other Moms can get their stuff together. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5

I just do an occasional search for "teen mom 2" on Google News to see what's been reported lately. There's a surprising amount of news for a bunch of useless girls on a TV show that isn't even airing at the moment.

• Love 3

This one episode of Teen Mom 2 was juicier/more real drama filled than the entire last season of original recipe Teen Mom.  

That Leah has some bad hair.  It looks like a wiggy weave.  How soon til we get a false positive drug test from her "headache" medicine?"  Barb  is a piece of work but Jenelle should be greatful.  Kailyn is just a messy mess.  Cant wait til next week.  These girls are bringing it.

• Love 7

Adam saying he won't leave court without custody is right up there with Nipples crying in the back of the cop car. That shit will never not crack me up.

At the beginning, Kail said something about her life being so busy raising two kids and going back to school that she went back to court to change the visitation. Bitch, you made the choice to have another kid, move hours away and go back to school. Isaac shouldn't have to lose any more of the little bit of time he spends with his dad because  of it. When she tells Jo not to move into her back yard, I actually talked to the TV and said I hoped he buys or rents the house next door. Her head would explode.

I'm sure Leah thinks that because she conned her doc into writing her a scrip for something for headaches that she'll breeze right through her court ordered drug test. What she doesn't know is that it won't be a simple pee in a cup to confirm the presence or absence of opiates and/or benzos. Testing is a lot more sophisticated these days and they not only look for the presence of drugs but also test for the levels of the drugs she says she's taking. So, lets say she has a scrip for vicodin but she's also taking percoset, oxycontin, heroin or some other opiate. Her test will not only show the presence of the opiates she has a scrip for, it'll show a higher level of opiates than she's prescribed and can differentiate between them. Unless she takes only what's written on her scrips for a at least a week before she tests, she's toast. Also, if you watch her mom's facial expressions during the ride to court and after it's over, it's clear that she knows whats going on and knows it's just a matter of time until she gets caught.  I agree with the poster upthread that said Leah's biggest reason for not wanting Corey to have the girlses 50% of the time is because she'd have to get off her ass and get a job.

Nipples saying Barb is evil made me want to reach through my TV and punch his ugly mug. Barb knows what an asshole he is and knows the only reason he wants Jace to live with them is to hurt her because she's had his number from the get go.  I'm sure the reason Jenelle never brings the Roll along when she takes Jace back to Barb is all Nipple's doing. He's probably threatened her with something if she ever lets Barb see her other grandkid. 

• Love 11

Did anyone else catch the shot of the girlses stuffing chicken nuggets in their mouths? And the open bag of cheetos on the kitchen counter? I don't begrudge any mom who gives their kids junk every once in a while, but it seems to be an every day occurrence with Leah. And don't get me started with the coffee. 

I saw that and was horrified, as I always am when I see the junk that seems to be their staple diet.

Also, I know they are country kids, but can't she run a brush through their hair?  They look like little unkempt hillbilly children.  I could see a tired Mom not fussing with their appearance once in awhile, but her kids are going on national TV and she can only be bothered to groom herself (as bad as those results are).

• Love 9

Obviously Leah's drug test is going to come back positive for Opiates, which is why her lawyer made a point of saying she has a prescription for her "headaches."   That's the problem with addicts like Leah.  Their addiction may be "legal" but it's still an addiction.  Unfortunately if you have a prescription for opiates, there's no way of proving you're abusing them vs. taking them as prescribed.  I could feel Corey's frustration through the screen and I sympathize with him.  

• Love 5

When Kail scolded Jo and told him not to move into her back yard, I couldn't help but hope for a Reba situation, like when Brock and Barbara Jean bought a house down the street from Reba. I just hope that Vee regularly comes into their house uninvited, gets up in their business and tries to be Kailyn's best friend.

• Love 15
(edited)

Obviously Leah's drug test is going to come back positive for Opiates, which is why her lawyer made a point of saying she has a prescription for her "headaches."   That's the problem with addicts like Leah.  Their addiction may be "legal" but it's still an addiction.  Unfortunately if you have a prescription for opiates, there's no way of proving you're abusing them vs. taking them as prescribed.  I could feel Corey's frustration through the screen and I sympathize with him.  

With the technology they use for drug testing now, they can determine if you're not taking them as prescribed and if you're using other opiates on top of what the doc prescribed. Gas spectrometry/chromatography testing is used. Not to veer too far OT, but the reason they've changed to way they test is because of the prescription drug abuse epidemic. Prescribing laws have changed from state to state and docs that treat chronic pain patients or write a lot of scrips for opiates and benzodiazepines have new rules that cover the prescriber and the patient. Random drug testing is a way to determine if the person is selling their pills instead of taking them and to determine whether they're abusing other drugs. Some patients are also subject to random pill counts, different docs/clinics have different rules.

Edited by lovesnark
  • Love 7

That line about Leah's top looking like one of Tonya Harding's costumes officially wins the Internet for the month of July.

Throw me on top of the pile that doesn't understand why Leah is fighting the 50/50 custody. She claims the girlses are her world yet she never seems to actually enjoy them. They live off Cheetos, she can't even get them to school on time and they look dirty and raggedy. Leah complains endlessly about having too much on her shoulders with Jeremy gone, so Cory offers a solution and Leah fights it. These girls are so effing messed up in the head.

• Love 8

That line about Leah's top looking like one of Tonya Harding's costumes officially wins the Internet for the month of July.

Throw me on top of the pile that doesn't understand why Leah is fighting the 50/50 custody. She claims the girlses are her world yet she never seems to actually enjoy them. They live off Cheetos, she can't even get them to school on time and they look dirty and raggedy. Leah complains endlessly about having too much on her shoulders with Jeremy gone, so Cory offers a solution and Leah fights it. These girls are so effing messed up in the head.

But...but...but...if Leah doesn't have the girlses all the time, she won't have anything to bitch about and would need to get off her Tonya Harding styled ass and get a job - the horror!

• Love 4

With the technology they use for drug testing now, they can determine if you're not taking them as prescribed and if you're using other opiates on top of what the doc prescribed. Gas spectrometry/chromatography testing is used. Not to veer too far OT, but the reason they've changed to way they test is because of the prescription drug abuse epidemic. Prescribing laws have changed from state to state and docs that treat chronic pain patients have new rules that cover the prescriber and the patient. Drug testing is a way to determine if the person is selling their pills instead of taking them and to determine whether they're abusing other drugs. Some patients are also subject to random pill counts, different docs/clinics have different rules.

That's interesting.  I'm familiar with gas spectrometry/chromatography but I've seldom seen it used in cases like Leah.  Usually it's reserved from criminal court when someone is on trial for driving under the influence of drugs or on probation, ect.  That'd be AWESOME if they'd use it in Leah's case since she is so obviously abusing prescription drugs. 

• Love 3

Unless she takes only what's written on her scrips for a at least a week before she tests, she's toast.

I doubt Leah was smart enough to come up with the headache excuse herself. She seemed less out of it in the scene talking about the drug test, so I'd guess she got some tips on how to pass a drug test.

Leah said something like "Corey has never been like this in the past." Uh Leah, you've been a hot mess in the past, but not an obviously drugged out one. I was glad to see Corey come right out and mention drugs in the previews for the season. That's the biggest issue driving Corey, I think, but they keep talking around it.

Chelsea's segments are boring, but I enjoy seeing Aubree do normal things like coloring and Chelsea and Aubree cutting out shapes.

Javi's always come across as immature and just as shady as Kail, so not surprised by their drama.

• Love 4

Not that I don't think Jenelle would sit and cry about how mean Nathan is to her while ignoring her son singing the rainbow song, but was that possibly some creative editing? Is little Jace really perceptive and empathetic enough to do such a thing?

My impression of that scene was that singing that song was Jace's attempt to take himself to some other, "happy" place to distance himself mentally from the shit show that is his biological mother.  I thought he was trying to self soothe, not comfort her.  And it makes me cry every time I see it.  I want to find that child and steal him and let him live at my house where people don't yell and there is a predictable routine to life.

Just like every time Barb and Jenelle start yelling at each other nonsensically I feel my blood pressure rising.

• Love 11

Kail had a text from a co-worker so now you will no longer watch the kids so she can have a night out?

It wasn't from a co-worker. It was from a guy she goes to college with. I could see Javi being interested to know why Kail would give a guy at college her number. And if Kail's reply was in case she missed a class and wanted to get the notes or homework I would just die laughing. Javi said "It's not the first time," so for him to be pissed off that his wife is texting other guys seems pretty okay to me.

I pull no punches. I do not like Kail. At all. I think she is a manipulative bitch that has a serious entitlement attitude and that somehow because she grew up poor and had a rough go (been there) that somehow all of her wishes should now be granted because she paid her dues. Her expectation is that everyone will marvel at how she managed to get through her painful and difficult childhood and wait on her hand and foot to make up for that. Screw that. That's not how life works. She gets this pouty face on her and uses the whiny, "Then I guess I just can't go to....." thing and it's just sickening.

I rewound the scene a few times and it sounded to me as though Javi said he would bring Isaac to Jo since Kail was going to a night time concert. When Javi was saying "So you go get him from school...." and there was yelling, he said, "It's Kail's responsibility too, so you get him from school and..." Kail made it sound like she wanted to leave right then and there early in the day for a night concert and Javi said "Well, then go get him now."

It made me think that Javi didn't back off from the Jo drop off, he just wasn't lifting a finger to do anything more than that and if it meant Kail could not go, well so be it. I can't say that I blame him. Kail was yelling about him being insecure in front of a room full of people. That itself would be enough to piss someone off to no end. I was happy to see the appearance of a backbone on Javi for once.

• Love 10

I do not like Kail. At all. I think she is a manipulative bitch that has a serious entitlement attitude and that somehow because she grew up poor and had a rough go (been there) that somehow all of her wishes should now be granted because she paid her dues.

I know! Every time she gets called out for her shitty behavior, such as cheating on a boyfriend, taking advantage of someone's generosity, or being a bitch in general to her inlaws, her go-to defense is always, I'm sorry, did you grow up virtually abandoned by your parents, surviving bouts of homelessness, only to get date raped as a teenager and forced into a back alley abortion? No? Well I did, so cry me a river about your hurt feelings.

On top of seeming to feel like her past justifies all her actions now, she also gives off this vibe that everyone that didn't go through a serious hardship in life somehow "owes" her for her shitty childhood, and she's just evening the playing field.

• Love 3

Kail is ridiculous. I'm shocked that she and Javi are still together.  She's such a whiner.

Jenelle hasn't changed, and never will. My heart breaks for Jace and Kai. How dare she talk about Babs' parenting? If not for Babs, Jace would be with stranger and Jenelle would never see him.

Leah needs to realize that Corey and Miranda are good parents, and the world doesn't think she's MOTY.  Why are she and Germy still together? Oh, wait. They're not.

Chelsea and Taylor teaming up was interesting.

• Love 5
When Kail scolded Jo and told him not to move into her back yard, I couldn't help but hope for a Reba situation, like when Brock and Barbara Jean bought a house down the street from Reba. I just hope that Vee regularly comes into their house uninvited, gets up in their business and tries to be Kailyn's best friend.

Oh my gosh, Vee, if you read these forums, please make this happen. Just totally enmesh yourself in Kail's life. It will be totally awesome. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow. This first episode was pretty intense. This cast of TM2 give so much in one episode than the cast of Teen Mom does in an entire season.

Will this season have the fourth wall broken down? From what I watched last night, I didn't 'see any producers or camera crew visible in the scenes at all. Then again, I didn't watch the show in its entirety.

I have so much to comment on about Kail and Javi but, there are more questions in my head. There is something going on, not sure what it is. I don't know that we will get the full story. With Javi being mad, he would certainly start spilling the beans but, Kail will make sure to give him a smackdown and remind him who is boss in that house, which is why we then get his comments about how they have put the past behind them and they are moving forward. In other words, my bitch put the smackdown on me and I better make sure to put out a comment to remind the public that we are in a good place.

Kail claims Javi is too controlling. Why is that? Was he like this before they married? If not, what changed or what was the cause for him to become this controlling guy? What part did Kail play in that becoming a problem?

Javi played along with Kail when it came to treating Jo like dirt and trying to push him out of Isaac's life. Sorry Javi but, any female who would be that loathsome to her child's father, is going to show you the same amount of disrespect.

We know for a fact Kail and Javi's relationship was built on a shaky foundation. There is no reason for a healthy relationship to flourish from these two. 

Why would she not seperate the two girls and put the baby in the middle?

Thank god she doesn't. If she did, Baby Cheetos would get stabbed in the eyeball.

I'm not too familiar with this but I assumed if each parent had the children equal time, then no one would have to pay anyone else.  I'm probably wrong but I don't think it makes sense any other way.

Not necessarily. The cost of healthcare, daycare, and similar costs are taken into account as well as the amount of income each of the parents earn will determine what, if anything, will be paid out in support. I know of a couple who share 50/50 custody and the mother pays around $200 a month because she earns a heck of a lot more than her ex. I also am familiar with another couple who have 50/50 custody and the father pays $75 a month. It varies for each case. The problem with child support is, it is not the same across the board. People need to remember that. There are mitigating factors for each case.

The issue with Cory and Leah is, she relies on child support rather than relying on herself to earn a living. She also relies on child support because she blows through her income from MTV. She also goes through her money to feed her addictions.

I don't. I couldn't be bothered to follow these people when Teen Mom isn't airing. I don't follow anybody but especially not these fools

Excuse me Racj82, much of the information about this cast and the other cast comes from links to articles provided on this board from the posters who graciously take their time to post them for all to read about. Not everyone here is all about following any of these girls on any social media. That is an assumption being made. For one, I am thankful to those who take the time to post links to articles. It keeps me up-to-date and I am very appreciative. I am busy and it is nice to know what is happening in real time so I am not out of the loop. I am sure others feel the same way.

I'm sure the reason Jenelle never brings the Roll along when she takes Jace back to Barb is all Nipple's doing. He's probably threatened her with something if she ever lets Barb see her other grandkid.

I had the exact same feeling. Nipples is a controlling asshole who is punishing Barb. The thing is, all of his hate stems from Jenelle's big mouth and putting all of her hate into his head. He took it hook, line, and sinker. The few times Barb dared to open her mouth and ask some good, honest questions about Nipples and what is going on with Jenelle's money, he flipped out on her and that was what set him off on his anti-Barb mission.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

I missed that part, but I've always had my suspicions that Kali and Jo have continued to hook up on occasion. Could be she doesn't want Javi and Jo talking too much and feels safer with them in different towns.

As for Leah and the custody, I think a lot of her resistance is she's just not smart. She sees this as an attack, not a solution. I'm sure in her mind as long as she's a full time mom that somehow proves she has her shit together. I think it's more about the implication of failure than money.

Janelle. What can you say? She looked high the whole time.

Chelsea remains my girl.

• Love 5

I would be more on Kail's side if she didn't have a history of cheating on every boyfriend she's ever had. My spider sense started tingling when she refused to give Javi her phone or password. You're married-no need for passwords. If the text was that innocent, why not just show it to Javi? Let him see that it's just about class. Of course, I might be wrong and Javi might be a jealous control freak, but since it's Kail I somehow doubt it.

• Love 10

I missed that part, but I've always had my suspicions that Kali and Jo have continued to hook up on occasion. Could be she doesn't want Javi and Jo talking too much and feels safer with them in different towns.

I think what it is, is that, according to Kail, Javi is jealous and controlling, and to keep things from getting tense, like they did last night, she wants to keep Jo far away as possible to keep Javi happy. There is no way Kail and Jo hooked up since the era of Jordan. Jo has been very upset at Kail ever since she accused him of abuse. Then, there is the racist comment Kail made last season.

First, I know Kail wants this distance simply because she is making things hard for Jo. This has always been her goal - keeping Jo far from Isaac. Second, if Javi is this controlling beast that Kail claims he is, and I am not sure that he is simply because Kail says so because she is a lying bitch, but for arguments sake, let's just say he is controlling. He may not like having Jo near Kail and this is why he went along with Kail's plan to push Jo farther and farther away from Isaac. It benefited him to have Jo in a different state. This may also explain why Javi has no issue taking Isaac for visitation because it keeps Kail at home with Lincoln and nowhere near Jo.

• Love 4

If my ex 2 wanted to move closer and it no longer meant 3 hour drives every weekend, I would offer to help him move.

Kali has said many things to the effect of not understanding why Jo wants so much time with Issac and that in her world view fathers write support checks and that's pretty much it. Part of it could be her just not getting why Jo would move closer to Issac.

• Love 8
I would be more on Kail's side if she didn't have a history of cheating on every boyfriend she's ever had. My spider sense started tingling when she refused to give Javi her phone or password. You're married-no need for passwords. If the text was that innocent, why not just show it to Javi? Let him see that it's just about class. Of course, I might be wrong and Javi might be a jealous control freak, but since it's Kail I somehow doubt it.

It seems Javi already saw the text. So how is he getting into her phone if she has it password protected? 

Those two are both a mess, if you ask me.

• Love 2

If my ex 2 wanted to move closer and it no longer meant 3 hour drives every weekend, I would offer to help him move.

It is actually a SIX hour drive. It is three hours one way. I also believe visitation is not just on weekends. I think the schedule changes twice in one month.

Kail would love to jet Jo off to Mars for good if she had it her way. This chick has never gotten over Jo getting over her.

• Love 4

It is actually a SIX hour drive. It is three hours one way. I also believe visitation is not just on weekends. I think the schedule changes twice in one month.

Kail would love to jet Jo off to Mars for good if she had it her way. This chick has never gotten over Jo getting over her.

She's probably delusional and self absorbed enough to think Jo's consideration of moving closer has to do with her personally, and not Isaac.

I wish I'd had Javi's job when I was a Junior Enlisted person.  That dude is always hanging out at home, even during the week.  If he spent more time on Base, maybe he and Kail wouldn't be at each other's throats so much.

Much as I think Kail is an obnoxious bitch, I don't think too highly of Javi either. Anyone that wants to hitch their wagon to Kail has to have their own issues.

• Love 4
(edited)
My spider sense started tingling when she refused to give Javi her phone or password. You're married-no need for passwords. If the text was that innocent, why not just show it to Javi? Let him see that it's just about class. Of course, I might be wrong and Javi might be a jealous control freak, but since it's Kail I somehow doubt it.

I think there's likely something to Javi's accusations, just because it's Kail, but I don't know about the password thing. I could have nothing to hide and have no problem with my partner knowing my passwords and seeing what's on my phone, but I'm not going to deliberately un-private my stuff for him just to make him feel better. (Actually, I haven't the slightest idea how to take the passcode off my phone, so there's that.) Kail nixing that one didn't indicate anything to me. I wouldn't blame anyone, guilty or innocent, for refusing to dignify that juvenile request.

Kali has said many things to the effect of not understanding why Jo wants so much time with Issac and that in her world view fathers write support checks and that's pretty much it. Part of it could be her just not getting why Jo would move closer to Issac.

And this is after Jo moved first, from Penn to New Jersey, and she threw a fit about him leaving when they have a custody arrangement even though it didn't affect that at all since he still planned to be back at his folks' house every weekend for said custody. But then she up and moves to Delaware, a three-hour drive from where Jo lives. And now Jo is moving (where exactly is he moving?) to be closer to where she is now so he's not so far from Isaac, and she's all, "Please don't move into my backyard." Bitch, later.

Holy shit! Anybody see Gracie attempting to stab Ali in the face with the pencil, as Addy watched on?  That Gracie is something else!

I am deathly afraid of that child.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 2

I wouldn't blame anyone, guilty or innocent, for refusing to dignify that juvenile request.

I'd love to see Kail's big head explode the day Javi has a female texting him for whatever reason. Kail would not take lightly to Javi even talking to a girl to her face, much less, having one sending him messages. Kail wouldn't honor that request of Javi, but she would be pretty upset and abusive if Javi denied showing her proof of something to her.

I don't. I couldn't be bothered to follow these people when Teen Mom isn't airing. I don't follow anybody but especially not these fools.

Assuming much? I sure as hell don't follow anyone here on this show. I get my information from the stories that are posted here. Good thing too. How else would I know that Leah and Jermy are divorced? How would I know that Leah is in rehab?

• Love 4

Did anyone notice during all the arguing that Kail said something like "that's why I have to sneak.." I couldn't make it out, but I think she was saying that's why she has to sneak and talk to guys. Now, look, I don't believe there's anything wrong with married people having friends of the opposite sex, but if one of them is "sneaking" and talking to these people, and doesn't want their spouse to know what they're talking about, that comes off as a little shady.

Of course my opinion may be tainted because I can't stand Kail, but I just don't think a text about a class would cause Javi to act like that, and I don't have a very high opinion of Javi, either.

• Love 7
(edited)
I'd love to see Kail's big head explode the day Javi has a female texting him for whatever reason. Kail would not take lightly to Javi even talking to a girl to her face, much less, having one sending him messages. Kail wouldn't honor that request of Javi, but she would be pretty upset and abusive if Javi denied showing her proof of something to her.

But Kail would never have such a two-faced double standard about anything!

Heh, I made a funny.

Did anyone notice during all the arguing that Kail said something like "that's why I have to sneak.." I couldn't make it out, but I think she was saying that's why she has to sneak and talk to guys. Now, look, I don't believe there's anything wrong with married people having friends of the opposite sex, but if one of them is "sneaking" and talking to these people, and doesn't want their spouse to know what they're talking about, that comes off as a little shady.

Shady, and sad. Like, seriously, even if these were all innocent friendships, just regular guy friends, if you have to sneak around because your husband doesn't like you having guy friends then there's something very wrong and pathetic about your marriage. And even if you're sneaking around because, nudge nudge wink wink, you have to sneak around, then there's still something wrong and pathetic about your marriage. And if you have to air all of this dirty laundry while you have guests in the house, then that's just annoying. Go upstairs and hash it out in your room. If Javi refuses to get his lazy, stubborn ass out of the chair because he's "done" with this conversation, then shut it and wait until the guests leave because clearly y'all ain't going nowhere tonight so they might as well take off.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 7
(edited)

Did anyone notice during all the arguing that Kail said something like "that's why I have to sneak..

Yes. She also said to her friend, "I could cheat if I wanted to" (paraphrasing).

I don't believe there's anything wrong with married people having friends of the opposite sex, but if one of them is "sneaking" and talking to these people, and doesn't want their spouse to know what they're talking about, that comes off as a little shady.

Kail would justify it. I think she did last night when she said that he is so controlling that he makes it hard for her to have freedom and personal space. Again, I don't know what to believe since it comes from Kail's mouth. This is the girl who re-writes history. So much so, she accused Jo of hitting her when we all know she is the abuser since it has been captured on camera and she admitted to another time to Dr. Drew.

It is simple. If Kail does something that bothers her spouse, maybe she needs to think about what she is doing. If it is irrational, advise Javi to go to therapy and hash it out there. If Javi refuses to go to therapy, leave the guy.

Maybe Javi is jealous and controlling, but you know what? I don't even care at this point.  I just care about those poor kids who are stuck in that situation.  Nothing will change with Javi and Kail because they remain in that fucked up marriage and don't have the common sense to seek therapy.

Edited by GreatKazu