Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Keep It Moving

• Start Topic

It might be more of a cautionary tale if the girlses weren't paid fat MTV checks and actually might've had to struggle for a better life. But that isn't popular viewing, I suppose.

Am I the only person who enjoys PBS and networks like it who have documentaries about serious topics and people who have a story to tell? PBS has some hardcore documentaries and it makes for popular viewing.  Those people aren't paid for their appearances to shoot a documentary. Those documentaries are sold on DVD on the PBS network. I am sure the people on the documentaries aren't asking for a percentage of those DVDs. I just watched one the other night about women who are raped at night jobs. Very intense and sad.

I hate, hate, hate that MTV feels the need to continue with this damn show while paying these people who would surely have a different life if not for the money.

• Love 9

Watched those clips. I feel bad for Chelsea with the whole Adam trying to get custody thing. All those reasons she and her dad listed- he has no driver's license, is late on child support, doesn't have health insurance for her, restraining order from an ex. NONE of those things will affect the judge's decision sadly. You can be the worst parent in the world and you still have a shot at partial custody. The only thing Adam will mostly likely get is unsupervised visitation, which if I was Chelsea that would scare the hell out of me. Doesn't matter if the other parent never pays child support, it has nothing to do with custody.

Leah was so high in that clip! Jeremy is definitely over her. can someone please sit down with Leah and explain that people actually have to go to work every single day to keep a job to pay bills so you can have a house, cars, pay bills etc. She seems to think that Jeremy can just pick and choose what days he wants to show up at work if something "more important" like his family comes up. Um Leah he IS putting his family first. He is putting food on the table and a roof over your heads and paying ALL your bills girl!

Kail, Um I know its wrong but I side with Javi here. Maybe because I hate Kail so much. But I think the texting guys thing was an issue that had occurred frequently and Javi had just had ENOUGH. If I was with a guy and caught him repeatedly texting other women (and not just hello how are you.. I don't believe Kail at all) I would not be in the mood to do him any favors. I mean that is a LONG drive to Jo's house and back and Kail was so adamant about it only being her and Jo for drop offs Javi shouldn't be doing that anyway. Kail wants to go have fun with her friends and have Javi do all the work. Yet she can't even bother to respect him. Fuck that.  I think they had an issue with her and Jo texting inappropriately while Javi was in training or something. Doesn't he work anymore? So while I don't see how Javi refusing to pick up Issac hurts Issac at all (it doesn't) except for the fact that when Kail goes to pick issac up she's just going to bitch for the four hour drive or whatever it is about how Javi is a bitch and ruined her night and how he doesn't love them blah blah blah. So Kail would be hurting Issac not Javi. But I'm with him. You want to screw around and disrespect me, I'm not going to do you any favors sweetie.

Generally, texting or talking with friends, male or female, involves more than a simple "hello, how are you?" Obviously, I have no idea if Kail was involved in truly inappropriate texting, but until that's made clear, I stand firm with my (and other women's and men's) rights to have real friendships with the opposite sex, in or out of a serious relationship.

• Love 8

Am I the only person who enjoys PBS and networks like it who have documentaries about serious topics and people who have a story to tell? PBS has some hardcore documentaries and it makes for popular viewing.  Those people aren't paid for their appearances to shoot a documentary. Those documentaries are sold on DVD on the PBS network. I am sure the people on the documentaries aren't asking for a percentage of those DVDs. I just watched one the other night about women who are raped at night jobs. Very intense and sad.

I hate, hate, hate that MTV feels the need to continue with this damn show while paying these people who would surely have a different life if not for the money.

Agree. I find real documentaries fascinating.

• Love 3

Watched those clips. I feel bad for Chelsea with the whole Adam trying to get custody thing. All those reasons she and her dad listed- he has no driver's license, is late on child support, doesn't have health insurance for her, restraining order from an ex. NONE of those things will affect the judge's decision sadly. You can be the worst parent in the world and you still have a shot at partial custody. The only thing Adam will mostly likely get is unsupervised visitation, which if I was Chelsea that would scare the hell out of me. Doesn't matter if the other parent never pays child support, it has nothing to do with custody.

Leah was so high in that clip! Jeremy is definitely over her. can someone please sit down with Leah and explain that people actually have to go to work every single day to keep a job to pay bills so you can have a house, cars, pay bills etc. She seems to think that Jeremy can just pick and choose what days he wants to show up at work if something "more important" like his family comes up. Um Leah he IS putting his family first. He is putting food on the table and a roof over your heads and paying ALL your bills girl!

Kail, Um I know its wrong but I side with Javi here. Maybe because I hate Kail so much. But I think the texting guys thing was an issue that had occurred frequently and Javi had just had ENOUGH. If I was with a guy and caught him repeatedly texting other women (and not just hello how are you.. I don't believe Kail at all) I would not be in the mood to do him any favors. I mean that is a LONG drive to Jo's house and back and Kail was so adamant about it only being her and Jo for drop offs Javi shouldn't be doing that anyway. Kail wants to go have fun with her friends and have Javi do all the work. Yet she can't even bother to respect him. Fuck that.  I think they had an issue with her and Jo texting inappropriately while Javi was in training or something. Doesn't he work anymore? So while I don't see how Javi refusing to pick up Issac hurts Issac at all (it doesn't) except for the fact that when Kail goes to pick issac up she's just going to bitch for the four hour drive or whatever it is about how Javi is a bitch and ruined her night and how he doesn't love them blah blah blah. So Kail would be hurting Issac not Javi. But I'm with him. You want to screw around and disrespect me, I'm not going to do you any favors sweetie.

Aubrey is so cute! that is all. I almost cried seeing precious baby Kaiser laying in that little bed all innocent and sweet while his mouth breather of a mother screamed shut up shut up! and other profanities at Barb. Good god someone save that little baby. And Janelle talked about Kaiser as if she was dropping her dog off with someone while she was out of town.

I believe this is what happened.  I've read it more than once. I sure hope so. 

On March 23, he faced Houska, 23, in court over custody of Aubree, and a judge declined to give Lind unsupervised visits with his eldest daughter. Just hours later, the welder was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court in his child support battle with baby mama #2 Taylor Halbur, 25, the mom of his daughter Paislee, 18 months.

• Love 4

I believe this is what happened.  I've read it more than once. I sure hope so. 

On March 23, he faced Houska, 23, in court over custody of Aubree, and a judge declined to give Lind unsupervised visits with his eldest daughter. Just hours later, the welder was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court in his child support battle with baby mama #2 Taylor Halbur, 25, the mom of his daughter Paislee, 18 months.

Seriously, what a fucking douohebag. Thank goodness the judge didn't give him unsupervised visitation. Still, he should not be having any visitation. But, that's just me. I know the court needs more than what Adam has been doing to keep him from his daughter.

I had forgotten about his second baby. Shame on me. I guess that is because I have not read any stories about her and Adam for a while.

• Love 2

What exactly are the redeeming qualities of this program anymore?

1) it's so snark-worthy & the posters here are amazing at snark at this show

2) it makes me feel like "I win" at life when comparing my life choices to these people's life choices

3) Sometimes I worry that I'm not a good mom (thanks, Mommy wars) & that I have no clue what I'm doing as a parent. Then I watch these train wrecks and feel like I'm doing fine and have nothing to worry about. (Unfortunately, it also makes me feel very sad for a lot of the kids, particularly Jace)

• Love 14

Not that I don't think Jenelle would sit and cry about how mean Nathan is to her while ignoring her son singing the rainbow song, but was that possibly some creative editing? Is little Jace really perceptive and empathetic enough to do such a thing?

Wait.  How could Javi drop Isaac off anyway?  I thought Kail went got some kind of court order that said only she and Joe could be present at the drop off because she is fucking psychotic and she didn't want to see Vee.  Did she drop that arrangement?  At the time I thought it was ridiculous because once she moved I knew she would have Javi do the drop offs but she would throw a temper tantrum if Vee was even visible on the scene.  Whatever happened with that?

• Love 3

2) it makes me feel like "I win" at life when comparing my life choices to these people's life choices

3) Sometimes I worry that I'm not a good mom (thanks, Mommy wars) & that I have no clue what I'm doing as a parent. Then I watch these train wrecks and feel like I'm doing fine and have nothing to worry about. (Unfortunately, it also makes me feel very sad for a lot of the kids, particularly Jace)

When my good friend found out she was pregnant with her first she was worried she wouldn't know how to care for a baby. My response was "If these dumb bitches on Teen Mom manage to keep their kids alive, you'll do just fine."

• Love 10
Wait.  How could Javi drop Isaac off anyway?  I thought Kail went got some kind of court order that said only she and Joe could be present at the drop off because she is fucking psychotic and she didn't want to see Vee.  Did she drop that arrangement?  At the time I thought it was ridiculous because once she moved I knew she would have Javi do the drop offs but she would throw a temper tantrum if Vee was even visible on the scene.  Whatever happened with that?

I think the first time Kail had Javi do the drop-off was when she was pregnant with Lincoln, and she called Jo to let him know and Jo, while fine with Javi doing it, didn't hesitate to remind her that she made a big stink about not having anyone but the two of them do the exchanges and Kail was all, "Well, yeah, but I'm pregnant and it's hard to get around so blah." So ensuring that only she and Jo were allowed to be present at drop-offs was super-important until it became inconvenient to her. Now it's no big deal and everyone gets along now anyway.

• Love 4

If you truly hate this show as much as your posts suggest, why on earth do you continue to watch and comment on the episodes and cast? I adore PBS and am an avid reader of the Economist, the New Yorker, etc., but I also love my trash TV, and will be front and center when these girls return tonight. Some people are just kind of trashy and their lives are going to be hot messes whether they're on TV or not. Hopefully for every silly girl who looks up to the likes of Teen Moms, there are thousands of others who see them as cautionary tales of how not to live their lives.

• Love 1
(edited)

If you truly hate this show as much as your posts suggest, why on earth do you continue to watch and comment on the episodes and cast? I adore PBS and am an avid reader of the Economist, the New Yorker, etc., but I also love my trash TV, and will be front and center when these girls return tonight. Some people are just kind of trashy and their lives are going to be hot messes whether they're on TV or not. Hopefully for every silly girl who looks up to the likes of Teen Moms, there are thousands of others who see them as cautionary tales of how not to live their lives.

Re-read my comment. I posted I hate the fact that MTV pays these girls. If they didn't pay them, their lives would be different. The reality of life would hit them hard in the ass. I have also made it no secret that I hope some of these girls get hit hard and life shits on them. Not all of them, some of them, and I want to watch it as it happens. Watching Jenelle or Amber's life going down the toilet is one of the highlights of my tv watching.

As for commenting here, it is called snark. I thought everyone was aware of that.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11

LOL I get it but after having watched several episodes in a row it just started to feel like what I was seeing was SO bad that I couldn't even enjoy the snark value, or feeling better than them, or feel smug about being a better mom in comparison. Over the course of a few episodes it went from an enjoyable "Ha ha these muppets are such a joke" to "Jesus Christ someone please take these children away from them." It seemed to lose it's redeeming qualities to me as a viewer because I ended up feeling nothing but sadness. It lost it's "entertainment" value. Once a week viewing may be a much better option!

I posted I hate the fact that MTV pays these girls.

The only one that really grinds my gears is Jenelle. While Kail and Leah are each kind of shitty in their own ways, at least a portion of their MTV money trickles down and benefits their kids in some way, be it living in a nicer house or riding in a reliable car, etc. Yet I really, really, REALLY wish Jenelle would get cut. I can't even enjoy her trashtastic ways because watching her is just infuriating. As long as the money continues to trickle in, she will have access to superior legal counsel, sycophants that will validate her poor choices, and will be basically rewarded for being such a horrible fuck up. If there was a movement to get rid of her, I would join it in a heartbeat. 

• Love 8

After much stern debate with myself whether I wanted to watch this shit, I decided hell yeah! I've been reading the forum all along and I just can't miss the visuals attached to all the great comments. It doesn't even matter we know all their business and it's old news.

On the other hand, I REALLY can't stand the money going to a POS like Jenelle. It also probably helped enable Leah to obtain more drugs. But money can't be blamed for what an asshole Jennelle is or that Leah could have became addicted to something.

I like Chelsea and have had a little soft spot for Kail, don't know why anymore, lol. Feel for Barb, glad she's there. Can't fricken stand Jennelle and Leah is a mess. Most of all, I think Aubrey and Issac will be fine but my heart goes out for Jace and The Roll. The girls seem to have a good dad and family that will help them throughout their lives.

Bring it on! :)

• Love 2
(edited)

money can't be blamed for what an asshole Jennelle is or that Leah could have became addicted to something.

Leah is addicted to something alright - drugs and dick. Without money from MTV, she would have found a way to acquire both. Eh, she likely would have given up a little something something in order to score some drugs.

Yeah, I tell it like it is.

Of course, the money isn't the cause of how Jenelle, Leah or how any of the other girls behave or act. But, it is the cause of most of them making some choices that may not be making if they had to rely on their own resources. Jenelle would likely have served some jail time if not for her ability to hire an attorney. She'd likely have acquired a public defender or just face jail time like a lot of other drug users. Amber would have been forced to get an education or get a job instead of laying around on her ugly couch.  I am sure you all can figure out some of the other things they have done that they likely wouldn't have done if they had no money.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

Good Lord.

Janelle and Nathan are sociopaths, so nothing new there.

Leah, where does one even start with her? Her bullshit to Jeremy about his work was word for word what she said to Cory, she knows how to play the victim better than anyone. I had to laugh when she was telling her Bristol Palin looking friend all  the things that she's been accused of, when in fact, she is exactly all  those things: she's a drug addict, she's been unfaithful, and she's an unfit mother.

And why does she look 45? What was with that blue top straight out of Dynasty? Or that fringed sleeve shirt that looks like something Tanya Tucker would have worn in the 70's?

The girlses are brats, holy shit and stabbing each other and hurling lunch boxes at each other.

I feel like we see this same storyline with Chelsea every season.

I'm not sure what to make of the Kail/Javi situation. I would normally say that Javi was acting like a dick, but I don't think he would get that mad over someone texting Kail information about a class, or whatever it was Kail said. 

• Love 13

I about chocked on my drink Adam said "I will walk out of that court room with custody!" hahahahahahahahahahaha

I wanted to jump through my tv and slap Javi.  I can hardly stand to look at him anymore. Close your mouth! Everything you have is because of Kail. Kail isn't innocent either.  But when he tweeted "Can't be mad at Papi." OMG. I wouldn't have cared if Kail slapped him this time.

• Love 6

Chelsea: Cole seems cute, Aubree seems pretty comfortable with him, which I think is a good sign. Most of all, Randy endorses this relationship which is the best sign. I didn't really like the "Aubree, who is your boyfriend?" Bit, just because I hate it when people tease/encourage little kids to have "boy/girlfriends." Just a me thing. Adam is an idiot, and will never get anything more than visitation. I think this could be the last season of this show, and I can imagine his efforts will quickly come to an end.

Kailyn: wow. Wait to make me like Kailyn. Javi is in now way mature enough to be a husband or father. Without knowing the exact nature of the text or how often it goes on, Kail did raise some good points. A marriage requires trust, and Kail is a fairly independent person. I can see why she's unhappy, she has very little privacy or freedom. Javi is very controlling.

Leah: fuck you, Leah. It pains me to see a judge give custody of two sweet girls to a mother who was high throughout this entire episode, purely because she is the mother. And that's literally the only reason Leah could think of that she should have them, that and she loves them. If their sexes were reversed and Corey cheated on Leah, was a serial dater and had a drug problem (oh...Hi, Adam) he would never have a shot at custody.

Jenelle: fuck you, Jenelle. I hate that she gets to go on so many vacations. And Nathan called Barbara evil. Fuck you, Nathan.

• Love 13

Barbara is hardly the worst person in that scenario but I would've hung up on her too. She does that old person cell phone thing where she doesn't understand the delay and just keeps talking over Jenelle. Jenelle has no coping skills on the best day, so of course that ends in disaster.

In theory, married grownups can have friends of any sex, but in real life, Kailyn is shady AF and I don't blame Javi for being suspicious. That's a delicate situation even in a more mature relationship. I've seen much stronger marriages than theirs suffer from what started as an innocent, platonic thing on the side.

• Love 6
(edited)

Nips looked so roided out, he is almost unrecognizable. Love how Janelle just assumes that Jace will be with Barb when they take a  "surprise" trip. Nips has no business shit talking about Barb. I cannot wait to see him get hauled away. 

WTF is wrong with Javi? Kail is a bitch, that that BS was totally uncalled for. 

Leah is an asshole. And what is up with what is is wearing and her hairstyle? Even though Corey's petition was denied, it was clear from what the judge's order that Leah has a big problem getting the girlses to school on time. Waiting for her drug test. Since when does she take meds for headaches? I thought she was on anti anxiety drugs. Get you damn story straight. Gracie is evil. 

Adumb is Chelsea's cross to bear, unfortunately. WTF was Randy wearing? 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 8
(edited)

I wasn't going to watch these Teen Mom shows anymore but for some reason I keep getting sucked into watching TM2. It's like a trainwreck...,

Jenelle looked drugged out. Her and Nathan are idiots, they haven't changed. She's been waiting a year and a half for something to change with her mother and Jace. Why didn't SHE do something if she wants Jace back so bad. It's because she doesn't and that's sad. Jace is better off with Barb anyway.

Chelsea looks good. She looks like she lost weight, you can see it in her face. Too bad she still talks in that baby voice but I feel bad for her that she has to go through crap with that POS Adam.

Leah seemed drugged out too. At least she's toned down the crazy hair and spider eyelashes. Same old crap with her bitching at her husband for having a job. He's supporting her, the kids, etc... Someone needs to slap her upside the head. One good thing in her life is that she does seem to have a lot of family support.

Why are Kail's friend all up in her problems in her marriage? They needed to stay out of the situation. I don't know how to feel about the texts from a male friend. She had male friends during and after her relationship with Jo. There's got to be more about this that we don't know or they are not showing.

Also did not like Kail and Javi fighting in front of the kids. Jenelle did it too, screaming at her mother in front of Kaiser Roll. My heart hurts for these kids. Chelsea is the only one who thinks about her kid, she sends Aubree out of the room if she's having an adult conversation she doesn't think Aubree should hear.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 8

Just to add some more WTFs...

WTF is up with Sterling? Girl, get a hold of yourself. Go to the concert with your boyfriend or whoever he was. Leave Kailyn and her marital issues at home.

WTF is going on with Leah's fringy psychedelic shirt? I know there are stereotypes that some areas of the country are a little bit more behind on trends, but that style is from like 40 years ago. Girl, bye.

WTF is with Adam being a personal trainer? Like, whaaaa?

• Love 12
(edited)

I'm wondering if Adam seeking 50/50 custody is a ploy for him to either not have to pay child support or have Chelsea pay child support to him.

Chelsea, please don't move your new boyfriend in your home.

Jeez those twins' fights are vicious. Stabbing each other in the face with pencils, launching pencil boxes like grenades.

"St. Thomas, where's dat at?" See why it's important to pay attention in school, Jace?"

Kail's friend needed to STFU, but Kail had no business confronting Javi about that in front of her, her boyfriend (I'm assuming), Javi's sister, and that little girl. Who wants to sit there and watch a couple bicker? It's extremely uncomfortable.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 11

Wow. The only kid who I don't worry about is Aubree. I fear the rest of the kids will grow up in terrible homes. 

I feel like we see this same storyline with Chelsea every season.

I feel like in some sense, we've seen all these storylines every season. Janelle has been saying she's going to get custody for how long now. Leah fights with her husband about work or to Corey about what the girls need, Kail fights with Javi or Jo about..something. Nothing is really new with these girls.

• Love 7
(edited)

My family thinks I'm nuts because I insisted on being in front of a tv at 10pm, even though we are on vacation and were out having ice cream. This show is my guilty pleasure.

Leah is such a train wreck! She was so high in just about every scene IMO. And her coming problems with Germy is KARMA at it's finest. Remember when she started dating him and bragged all over social media how he made like $100k and she had more money than she could spend.... Karma. And I gotta say, those twins throw down hardcore! Stabbing each other and chucking lunch boxes at each other's head? Wow. And Gramma had to remind the baby (?!?!?!!) that spitting on people wasn't cool? Dear Lord. For a stay at home mom, she isn't doing anwhole lot of parenting, is she? Drugs will don that to you, I guess.

Janelle, cursing out her mom on the phone and telling her to shut up.... I cannot imagine who would speak to ther MOM that way AND let it be taped for others to see. Omg.

Kail and Javi- wow, stick a fork in that one from the looks of it. Such hate in their words, IMO. And having all your friends in your marriage problems ain't ever gonna help! I hate controlling guys but Kail seemed guilty af when she told Javi "at the end of the day..." I say she's probbaly doing some hardcore flirting and got caught.

Chelsea seems level-headed and happy, as does her kid. Love Randy. Adam looks like hell. How embarrassing for him.

Edited by ArtTypeGirl
  • Love 14
(edited)

I was in that relationship with someone who thought he was entitled to every bit of privacy I had and it's exhausting. There is never enough "proof" that you are not doing anything wrong. I also think Kail is shady, but felt for her in that argument.

I've also tried to talk to someone when he was as messed up as Leah was in the diner. He put up with it longer than I have the patience for, although he was clearly checked out from the get go. Leah was sober when they arrived at court, but her attorney's comments as they left made it clear to me that there IS a problem. The tardiness, the switching up weeks for picking them up at school and taking her to PT, and especially Corey saying he still wanted to work it out without the court, and I'm assuming effecting her child support, screams a big issue. I'm glad to see he isn't dropping it in real time.

Speaking of real-time, does anyone know if Adam is sober? He said 15 months, but it seems like his last car crash was just a few months ago. I can't remember if alcohol was involved.

As an aside, Leah's attorney was a Family Court Judge who got de-benched and sanctioned for illegally videotaping her soon-to-be ex-husband during their divorce. I think she had hired someone to follow him or something too, but the videotaping got her in trouble. It was shocking to see her on television.

Edited: because I put this comment out there, I went looking for the opinion but cannot find it. I did find mention of it in another article about a different complaint about her:

A former assistant U.S. Attorney, Ranson in 1992 successfully ran for Kanawha circuit judge. Five years later, she resigned amidst revelations she played a role in planting recording devices in the office of her husband, J. Michael Ranson, in an attempt to gain evidence he was having an affair with his then-paralegal, Cynthia Salmons.

http://wvrecord.com/stories/510602747-charleston-attorney-accused-of-fraudulent-filings-in-putnam-divorce

Edited by Christina
  • Love 4
(edited)

I felt for Kail a little as well but for some reason I think it's a bigger issue that has maybe been building for some time. Something so small seems strange to set Javi off like that.  But maybe I'm wrong, it just seems like it had been building and he was over it. I don't think he has a right to demand that all her passwords be broken and unlocked- it's how I felt when back on Teen Mom original recipe Tyler wanted Catelynns phone records because she hooked up with an ex-boyfriend YEARS AGO= but, something else seems to have set it off.

Cole seems like a nice enough guy. Also love when Adam was all, "I'm glad she's moved on, finally.." like, shut your stupid mouth Adam. You aren't a catch. At all. 

Also on a side note: SO. MUCH. YELLING. Tonight. More than I had anticipated, actually. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm wondering if Adam seeking 50/50 custody is a ploy for him to either not have to pay child support or have Chelsea pay child support to him.

Chelsea, please don't move your new boyfriend in your home.

Jeez those twins' fights are vicious. Stabbing each other in the face with pencils, launching pencil boxes like grenades.

"St. Thomas, where's dat at?" See why it's important to pay attention in school, Jace?"

Kail's friend needed to STFU, but Kail had no business confronting Javi about that in front of her, her boyfriend (I'm assuming), Javi's sister, and that little girl. Who wants to sit there and watch a couple bicker? It's extremely uncomfortable.

Leah's kids were probably beating each other to burn off the energy they got when they drank their coffee!!! Did y'all hear that? My mouth fell to the floor!

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 8
(edited)

WTF is with Adam being a personal trainer? Like, whaaaa?

Wait....I haven't watched the episode yet. Is this for real? Is he legitimately a personal trainer (like has some sort of certification)? I need to be able to prepare myself for that. Does not compute.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 1

Wait....I haven't watched the episode yet. Is this for real? Is he legitimately a personal trainer (like has some sort of certification)? I need to be able to prepare myself for that. Does not compute.

LOL yes! This is a real thing he said out loud, on camera, with a straight face.

• Love 1

"Keep It Moving?!" Every season has the Exact. Same. Storyline.

The one thing that surprised me was how drugged-up Leah was. When she was out to dinner with Jeremy, she was slurring so badly that they had to subtitle her. She also sounded very congested and couldn't breathe through her nose, so I guess she's snorting her pills. Dag ...

• Love 6

I saw that doc, too. I love Frontline. I agree about the money/pay checks - it has totally ruined this show. I wrote on the Teen Mom thread after the latest reunion that Maci's bf's answer to when he's planning on proposing to pregnant Maci ("when I get my next MTV check") epitomized everything that's wrong with the show. In year one, it felt like a real docu-series (and it was), and I think it had some cautionary tale value. But it's turned into a money maker for MTV and the moms, so it's now just a regular trash TV scripted drama that exploits these drug-addled, immature tabloid-living idiots for our viewing pleasure. Yet Dr. Drew hasn't gotten the memo. He's still in year one, acting like the show is about preventing teen pregnancy, and making a real difference.

• Love 9
(edited)

I think "Keep it Moving" was the powers that be having another meta joke with themselves  and trolling us over their titles of these shows. They did the same thing with this past seasons of TM Ogs. Those episode titles had to have been them playing a joke on us.  Like, "ha ha, you're wasting an hour of your life on this!" 

The one thing that surprised me was how drugged-up Leah was. When she was out to dinner with Jeremy, she was slurring so badly that they had to subtitle her.

Agreed. After the court hearing, I noticed how unfocused her eyes were. I suppose until the drug test results come back, there was no substantial evidence for Corey to get full custody. Yet, anyway. I guess. I'm always on the fence with how I feel about Leah. I don't dislike her as much as I loathe Janelle but.. I don't know. I personally hated that the show edited it to make it look like her and Corey divorced due to him wanting a truck rather than the truth which is that she cheated on him but whatever. Like I said she's made bad choices but I think there's a lot of underlying stuff with her that she's never dealt with. But maybe I'm reading too much into her and it's not really that deep.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4

As an aside, Leah's attorney was a Family Court Judge who got de-benched and sanctioned for illegally videotaping her soon-to-be ex-husband during their divorce. I think she had hired someone to follow him or something too, but the videotaping got her in trouble. It was shocking to see her on television.

You guys have all the tea! Where do you find this stuff?!

The one thing that surprised me was how drugged-up Leah was. When she was out to dinner with Jeremy, she was slurring so badly that they had to subtitle her. She also sounded very congested and couldn't breathe through her nose, so I guess she's snorting her pills. Dag ...

I have never seen anyone as drugged up as Leah was during that dinner scene. And I watch the Housewives...

Jenelle is such a despicable human being. She should be sending Barb on an all-expense-paid trip to St. Thomas as a thank-you gesture, not going herself, and then screaming and hanging up on her mother for having the nerve to ask about Jace. She is such a POS.

• Love 13

I worked as a paralegal about an hour away from Charleston. It was huge news at the time, with many family court issues coming to a complete halt because there was too much work for the other judges to hear it all. I don't know any of them personally.

• Love 2

I'm only 20 minutes in and I already want to punch Jenelle in the throat. She's a broken record. Every season she's getting custody of Jace, she and current idiot are "getting along great" and don't yell in front of Jace. Blah blah bullshit.

She's a waste of a human being.

And Jenelle, good parents don't have to tell people they are doing great raising their kid.

Kail is reaching Jenelle levels of hate for me. Imagine if a girl had texted Javi. She would have come unglued.

I hate jealous, insecure people like that. Who cares if a guy texted her? A person secure in their relationship wouldn't care. I've been in a relationship for 26 years now, I point out good looking girls for him when we are out, both of our phones lay wherever and we never touch the other's phone. We could if we wanted but it never occurs to us because we have a trusting, secure relationship. I even bought him a lap dance once.

I just can't stand a jealous person.

I just get sad when I watch Leah. Her pupils were out of control. She looked and sounded fucked up in every scene.

Once again....Chelsea for the win.

Edited to ask...is the custody hearing Chelsea is talking about the same one where Adam was not only denied more time but was also arrested at the hearing?

He's the same as Jenelle. When the cameras are around they pretend to be good parents wanting more time with their kids. I wonder how much time they spend with the kids when the cameras are gone.

Why do they even show Adam? The show would be much better without him. He grosses me out.

• Love 9

Adam is probably the same kind of personal trainer that MTV hired for Leah.

That whole issue between Kail and Javi gave me a headache. Kail is one shady bitch. She has been. She always will be. Why should her shady ways stop with Javi? Maybe, just maybe, she does have male friends and it is innocent texts. The thing is, Kail would not tolerate it if Javi had female friends texting him. The girl would come unglued and would go all psycho. I came away feeling there is more than meets the eye. Kail commented to her friend "I could cheat if I wanted to". That was a major red flag. She has THOUGHT about it. Now why would she think about cheating? Simply put, she is not happy. She hasn't been. This is why it is important to get to know the person you choose to have babies with and marry. Notice, I put that in the correct order. It is Teen Mom after all.

I kept getting interrupted and missed most of Leah's scenes. I did catch that WWE match in the car between the girlses. Sure Leah, you are a great mother. Motherfucker, that is.

A former assistant U.S. Attorney, Ranson in 1992 successfully ran for Kanawha circuit judge. Five years later, she resigned amidst revelations she played a role in planting recording devices in the office of her husband, J. Michael Ranson, in an attempt to gain evidence he was having an affair with his then-paralegal, Cynthia Salmons.

A shady attorney, huh? Perfect person to represent Leah.

I changed my avatar for the new season! lol

• Love 12

What fucking kills me about Adam is this whole custody deal is just for show. He has no interest in being a loving, involved father to Aubrey. It's all about making Chelsea's life miserable and playing to the cameras until he finds his next stripper girlfriend. Aubrey is just a pawn in his sick little game.

That's always been my take. Adam only wants Aubree when he can get something out of it. Either impressing a new girlfriend with what a great dad he is, or a MTV storyline, or fucking with Chelsea. I don't believe for one minute he cares about any of his kids. And if I were a mom I wouldn't want my kids alone with him either. I feel for Chelsea in that she's the only one with no co-parent. Corey seems like a solid guy and a good dad. I don't like Jo, but I think he's a good father. I don't think Barbara is a good parent, but I think Jace is reasonably safe with her. If I dropped a kid with Adam, I wouldn't sleep until I picked that kid up again.

• Love 9

Leah is a really nasty piece of work. I'm surprised Germy didn't lose it when she did that gesture (don't know what it's called) that meant shut up, with accompanying audio. Twice. Who treats their husband, or anyone, like that.

Where does she get off lecturing him? IIRC, she gave him the same speech in a previous season. Who would want to come home to her after working all day. I can't believe the marriage lasted as long as it did. That was probably due to the fact that he got to be out of town for weeks at a time.

The Leah/Germy baby did not look well. I hope it's okay. She looked like she had red circles under her eyes, and that headbanging/rocking back and forth was weird. Having a lunch box hurled at her couldn't have helped. The girlses were really monsters in the car.

• Love 7
(edited)
I didn't expect to see leah. There were reports that she had quit. Anyone know what happened?

Old news. She changed her mind not long after and decided to re-sign for the new season.

I'm wondering if Adam seeking 50/50 custody is a ploy for him to either not have to pay child support

That's the only thing I've ever thought about this.

"St. Thomas, where's dat at?"

Seriously, I rolled my eyes so hard at that.

(Looking at the paper right in front of her): "What's this?"

Read it, you numbskull.

"St. Thomas? Where's that?"

Lord Jesus...

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 7

Has Leah ever really said why she doesn't want to have 50/50 custody with Corey? It's not like he's a piece of shit horrible father (like Adam) so what's the problem? Wouldn't you want your kids to have equal time with both parents?

I'm not understanding what the issue is.

• Love 4
(edited)

These shows remind me of that ancient TV show, The Millionaire.  Each week, someone would be handed a cashier's check for a million dollars from an anonymous benefactor, and viewers got to see how they handled their new wealth.

Chelsea went to school and bought a house (yay!).  Leah pissed through her money, buying top of the line appliances, drugs, and eye makeup.  Kail bought houses, an industrial size SUV, and masive tattoos.  Jenelle paid for a yellow Hummer for Nipples, vacation trips, and supports half of the criminal defense attorneys in the Carolinas. 

One thing is for sure, TM would be a very different show if it was a PBS-type documentary and all of the MTV-related money was taken out of the equation.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 13

Has Leah ever really said why she doesn't want to have 50/50 custody with Corey? It's not like he's a piece of shit horrible father (like Adam) so what's the problem? Wouldn't you want your kids to have equal time with both parents?

I'm not understanding what the issue is.

I suspect it has to do with child support. If it were 50/50 and Leah's Teen Mom earnings are counted, she might either get no financial support from Corey, or possibly have to pay him.

I think it's either financial, or she feels like by giving 50/50 custody a try she's conceding that she's not a very good mom, and she's worried what people will say.

• Love 6
(edited)

The Leah/Germy baby did not look well. I hope it's okay. She looked like she had red circles under her eyes, and that headbanging/rocking back and forth was weird.

I THINK, but didn't pay that much attention, but I think the headbanging baby on the couch was a little boy who was possibly the son of the friend that was over talking to Leah. But you are right, the other scenes she looked a little haggard. I would be wary too of being around Leah full time and constantly being on guard for flying pencils.

I am a Mom of two young girls, so I understand girls can fight. But wow, it was like Leah didnt even bat an eye at the pencils flying. Why would she not seperate the two girls and put the baby in the middle? It's like she is so busy fighting for custody that she can't be bothered to parent.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 5

Wasn't it court ordered that kail had to do the driving when Isaac went to see Jo? I thought that was discussed on the show before and then after she bad the new baby it was an issue? In any case, I don't hold it against javi if he changed his mind after kail got caught texting other guys. She's shady. She pulled the same shit when she was living under Jo's parents roof and sneaking around to see that Jordan guy. Even had jo driving her places to sneak around and the. Was juvenile enough to put it in Facebook after they laid down the no dating rule. Kail has a pretty sweet deal there, javi can drive her kid three hours away because she wants to go out and also text guys that he isn't comfortable with? Maybe if she wasn't a known shady sneak he wouldn't want her password or unlocked phones. There is no compromise with kail. She could have just said ok since we're on the verge of divorce we can just unlock the phones and go to counseling and touch back on the subject in six months. If kail had an issue with who javi was texting she probably would have hulk smashed his phone and then his face too.

That scene with jenelle was gross. Kaiser is learning how to act like an animal already. It didn't even occur to that scumbag that barb might have wanted her to you know, actually have jace for that time. She should have asked first but just assumed that barb would keep him. I don't blame barb for jenelles issues. Jenelle is a grown woman and "mother" of two kids that she chose to have. You cannot blame your mother for everything. I don't see anyone wondering what barbs parents were like to place the blame there. I'm not saying she's perfect but it's gross that jenelle dropped a baby on her lap and then also wants to talk a bunch of shit and be disrespectful and barb still gets to be jaces only parent with 100 percent of the responsibility and nothing but blame and disrespect and threats about taking him away (that jenelle has no actual plans of doing) in return.

Leah is a trainwreck. As usual. They need to get that one bratty twin some help imo.

• Love 9