Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, WireWrap said:

We don't know if the other embryo took or not. It is just as possible that it did but that she miscarried it, we just don't know. I think Meghan was very hopeful that both took and was hurt that 1 didn't/that she lost 1, either way, she became emotional which again, is normal. All she did is cry, she didn't wail, scream, lash out or overreact, she cried quietly in that moment. Again, a normal reaction to sad news.

She also didn't collapse on the floor wailing like a damn siren because her 80 something Mother had the temerity to die peacefully and unexpectedly to leave her, a little girl, all alone.   Sorry but I hate Vicki.  Megan is actually a fairly intelligent and reasonable seeming person.   She just bores the shit out of me.  

• Love 17

Does ANYONE still like or believe Vicki?  I think her tenure on this show is overkill.  Neither her cast mates nor the fans trust her any longer.  Since there is no way Vicki will have the dignity or good sense to bow out gracefully, the producers need to give her (and the boringingly skeevy Brianna, Ryan and Michael) the boot before the franchise suffers any more.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Nanny pants said:

Does ANYONE still like or believe Vicki?  I think her tenure on this show is overkill.  Neither her cast mates nor the fans trust her any longer.  Since there is no way Vicki will have the dignity or good sense to bow out gracefully, the producers need to give her (and the boringingly skeevy Brianna, Ryan and Michael) the boot before the franchise suffers any more.

At least one person, Vicki.

• Love 7
On 9/28/2016 at 6:50 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

Everything Meghan does or goes through is 10+ so to me that explains her reaction as much as anything. She must be exhausting to live with which is probably why she ended up with someone who tunes out her neediness.  This is the woman who made her husband's first ex-wife's cancer about her, after all!

I think this is the real crux of the issue here. I don't like Meghan at all, but I personally don't begrudge her her feelings over the missing embryo. Her feelings seemed sincere and she was admittedly hormonal from the IVF. But I do think a lot of the skepticism we're seeing comes from Meghan's overall established character on the show - someone who is quite dramatic, makes everything about herself, constantly seeks out medical mountains out of every last molehill and generally has very little self-awareness. I think if Meghan seemed like a more sincere, genuine, caring person up until now, people would probably be a lot less quick to question her motives. That's my theory, anyway.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:26 PM, Almost 3000 said:

Does anyone know if any of the OC fulltime HWs have been offered only a "pay for play" contract like the NYC cast?

My guess is no.  I only say that because they kept not inviting Alexis and I think she would have mentioned suffering financial set backs as a result of being excluded so many times.  Evolution has RHOBH, and I believe it was mentioned Yolanda could film as little or as much as she wanted last season. 

If anyone would be reduced to pay-for-play, I would think it would be Meghan next season.  I can't imagine her spending a lot of time on OC and her house is on the market. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

My guess is no.  I only say that because they kept not inviting Alexis and I think she would have mentioned suffering financial set backs as a result of being excluded so many times.  Evolution has RHOBH, and I believe it was mentioned Yolanda could film as little or as much as she wanted last season. 

If anyone would be reduced to pay-for-play, I would think it would be Meghan next season.  I can't imagine her spending a lot of time on OC and her house is on the market. 

Thanks. You don't really hear it mentioned on the west coast except for I think Kim Richards had a contract like that and other wives have just become Friends Of like Camille did for a season. I thought they played really hard ball with the NYC group or maybe we just hear about with that group. Vicki is in such an odd place right now and they must be wondering what to with her. Meghan's story can be wrapped up with attending an event next season with Jim and the baby.

I like the dress. Cute mix of sexy and stylish without having to see the belly button. I hate the tight stretchy clothes over the bump that's seems to be worn by so many reality stars. Well not really hate but I'd much prefer not to see your belly button or your nips for that matter either.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I like the dress. Cute mix of sexy and stylish without having to see the belly button. I hate the tight stretchy clothes over the bump that's seems to be worn by so many reality stars. Well not really hate but I'd much prefer not to see your belly button or your nips for that matter either.

Oh it's a cute dress. But I've seen it on Kim and kourtney kardashian, a random pregnant blogger and i think I've seen it in burgundy lol.

Congrats to them both. I noticed that Jim seemed a lot more affectionate after Meghan became pregnant and a lot more comfortable in St. Louis. I know that Meghan is still considering coming back, but she should leave a winner. She uncovered Brooks cancer scam, toppled Vicki, had a largely decent second season, and got herself a kid.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, misschung said:

Aspen King Edmonds

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/meghan-king-edmonds-shares-adorable-photo-of-newborn-daughter?cid=soc_dg_fb_RHOC

Glad she feels Jimmy is supportive. You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to have that rubber-mask-faced dude's baby implanted in my uterus. 

I feel like she's trying to convince everyone, including herself, that he's a great husband, when we all know he's totally a SOB.  I'm shocked that she made it through 22 hours of labor drug free after seeing how she reacted during the placement of the IV and the IVF procedure.  I do wish her and the baby the best.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, misschung said:

It bothered me a lot that she wanted to "give Jimmy a boy."  I really, really can't stand that dialogue in couples, but I'm also a little insane 

I find it ridiculous as well, even more-so because he already has a son with wife #2.

• Love 8

Wow. Does Meghan really believe that Jimmy is some super hero for sticking around during labor? Or is she still trying to convince us (and herself) that he's a committed, loving husband? I don't buy it for one second but I do wish the best for Meghan and her sweet baby. 

• Love 2

I've noticed that women on these shows tend to congratulate their husbands/boyfriends for doing ...exactly what they should be doing.   I don't see this marriage lasting but at least she got a baby out of it? Not a fan of the name (we had a dog named Aspen) but it's not my kid, so I don't care. Congrats to them! I hope she doesn't return to the show.  She's the only one who looked sane and kind last season.  Leave on a high note.

• Love 7
On 11/26/2016 at 7:42 PM, misschung said:

It bothered me a lot that she wanted to "give Jimmy a boy."  I really, really can't stand that dialogue in couples, but I'm also a little insane 

This made me laugh.  And alerted my coworker I wasn't working!  Know you are not a party of 1.

• Love 2

I know confirmations were released a couple of weeks ago that Meghan isn't returning, but the Watch What Crappens folks claim Meghan's actually signed a contract. I haven't seen anything else other than a "source" passing the info on or I would have posted in the media thread.

If it's true it might help next season (I'm not a Meghan fan - I think she showed her true colors during her first season). Her relationship with her husband seems...distant. And I could see her becoming disenchanted in St. Louis especially if her husband's at spring training. I think Meghan would be willing to walk around with a sandwich board reading "cancer scam" just to watch Vicki freak and that's fine with me. 

• Love 2

I don't really see Meghan becoming disenchanted with St. Louis, she was born and raised there and most of her family and friends are there; however, that doesn't mean she won't want to come our for a few months to film the show. 

• Love 2

I think Meghan would be willing to walk around with a sandwich board reading "cancer scam" just to watch Vicki freak and that's fine with me. 

Oh my God. That would be the most awesome thing to happen to this show in ages, if it did happen.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don't really see Meghan becoming disenchanted with St. Louis, she was born and raised there and most of her family and friends are there; however, that doesn't mean she won't want to come our for a few months to film the show. 

You're right - she seemed very happy with her family if I remember correctly. I should have said I could see Meghan becoming disenchanted with the lack of cameras in St. Louis! 

Well, if they can do it for a character on 'Ladies of London', then this may be a new formula for Bravo, where they allow a character to not actually live in the venue anymor, but still be on the show.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, b2H said:

Well, if they can do it for a character on 'Ladies of London', then this may be a new formula for Bravo, where they allow a character to not actually live in the venue anymor, but still be on the show.

That has always been they case for Meghan, she basically has always spent most of the time they werent filming living in St. Louis.

LoL hasn't been renewed so who knows what will happen with Marissa and Stanbury though both have said they will be spending summers in London.

Meghan and Jim sold their Newport Beach home last week.  Bought it for 2.8 million, remodeled and sold it for 2.998 million.  I don't think house flipping is a good business decision for the Edmonds.  The price barely covers the commission and closing costs and doesn't even touch the renovation.  I guess Meghan had a place to call home for filming.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, b2H said:

Geez, I mean why not. There are already air quotes around every other word (except "of") in the title: "Real" (except when scripted) "Housewives" (except some aren't married and most work outside the home) of "Orange County" (except when they live in St. Louis)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 3
On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 2:58 PM, b2H said:

LOL was cancelled so they aren't doing it for them.

• Love 1
(edited)

Meghan has a soap, candle and tchtchke line that she's been posting about on IG.

Kinda reminds me of hotel bath products. I think we know why Meghan returned to RHOC -- she will be promoting this.

Edited by LilaFowler
51 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Meghan has a soap, candle and tchtchke line that she's been posting about on IG.

Kinda reminds me of hotel bath products. I think we know why Meghan returned to RHOC -- she will be promoting this.

They showcased the store, in California, last season. This is Jim's endeavor. LOL

On 9/28/2016 at 11:05 PM, WireWrap said:

We don't know if the other embryo took or not. It is just as possible that it did but that she miscarried it, we just don't know. I think Meghan was very hopeful that both took and was hurt that 1 didn't/that she lost 1, either way, she became emotional which again, is normal. All she did is cry, she didn't wail, scream, lash out or overreact, she cried quietly in that moment. Again, a normal reaction to sad news.

I know this was posted a while back, but I just finished a marathon re-watch to get ready for this season. The thing that was bothersome for me about her reaction wasn't that she was upset, but that she seemed so surprised. Before the embryos were implanted she knew that the male was the least viable of all of the embryos. She knew the odds of that particular embryo taking were EXTREMELY slim. But, she really wanted to "give Jim a boy" which is phrasing I have always found to be a bit creepy. I'm not saying she had no reason to be upset. Of course, she had every reason to be disappointed, but this was something that she was prepared for as it was the most likely outcome based on what she had been told when the embryos were implanted. 

• Love 2