Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

I would like to nominate Meghan for Most Boring Housewife Ever.

I know the Bravo awards are over for this year but Andy needs to add a few really interesting award titles for the next time...

• Love 5

I think that from now on Jimmy could just send a life sized cardboard cut out of himself to take his place in all of the Meghan segments. We wouldn't even notice. Come to think of it, Meghan wouldn't notice either. He wasn't even required to be present at the conception of his own child.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I think that from now on Jimmy could just send a life sized cardboard cut out of himself to take his place in all of the Meghan segments. We wouldn't even notice. Come to think of it, Meghan wouldn't notice either. He wasn't even required to be present at the conception of his own child.

He probably thinks that if he's not there, the child can't be considered his when they divorce.

The cardboard cutout has more personality, I have two cardboard statues, One of The Most Interesting Man and the other of Joe Kenda. They are more fun that real people.......really.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

They could also just use a cardboard cut out of Meghan too. All they will need to do is attach a syringe to one of her hands.

• Love 5
On July 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM, ElDosEquis said:

There is no fig leaf large enough to hide her balls.

I don't suffer ANY fools that lie about their health.

I would never trust, confide in or say anything in front of, or about her. I wouldn't say anything about  our mutual contacts either.

Most of us are happy/glad that Brooks was outed as a liar, but just think if YOU were ill and she went in search of your doctors/info?

Just because she can root out a lie and dedicated to truth, doesn't mean she is able to discern honest-to-god concern versus being a nosy asshole.

If brooks had been sick, I can see Mudhen organizing fundraisers, bake sales, offering to take over brooks' social media accounts and baking casseroles for both bicki and brooks.

I agree, and also think She had absolutely no business contacting Crook's ex.  As far as I'm concerned, they all should have left it be and relegated Vicki to a cast mate they merely tolerate for work.  Vicki will lie and obsfucate all day, every day, but the one thing that truly hits her where she lives is to not validate her or give her attention.  That's how they should play it, and indeed Heather is.  

Vicki being complicit in a cancer lie didn't really affect them.  They should have just filed it under can't be trusted, keep her at an arms length.  I really want to see her dirty liar face off the show permanently.   Continuing to focus on the cancer thing gives her a storyline, sordid though it may be.  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

ONG! Where did you get a cardboard cut out of Joe Kenda? That's awesome!

I want one and I'll bet Meghan would too. But he might be too interesting for Meg.

Go to the Investigation Discovery store. I set him up in the hallway and the dog freaked out!

http://store.discovery.com/homicide-hunter-joe-kenda-standee/detail.php?p=597608

One  other thing?
If you set him up in a hallway or room, you are going to scare the shit out of yourself until you get used to the fact that there is a cardboard man in your house.

I'd wake up in the middle of the night to use the facilities and he never failed to shake me up.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I agree, and also think She had absolutely no business contacting Crook's ex.  As far as I'm concerned, they all should have left it be and relegated Vicki to a cast mate they merely tolerate for work.  Vicki will lie and obsfucate all day, every day, but the one thing that truly hits her where she lives is to not validate her or give her attention.  That's how they should play it, and indeed Heather is.  

Vicki being complicit in a cancer lie didn't really affect them.  They should have just filed it under can't be trusted, keep her at an arms length.  I really want to see her dirty liar face off the show permanently.   Continuing to focus on the cancer thing gives her a storyline, sordid though it may be.  

I am of the mind that what Crooks did wasn't as terrible as they made it out to be.

Yes, he lied about having cancer - but he never went to the rest of the cast and told or asked them for anything.

I have MORE disdain for people that pose as cancer victims, then fleece the community out of money, help, etc.

IF Crooks was trying to fleece Bicki, you may mention your concern as a friend, but you don't go all fucking Nancy Drew on someone because they lied. It was Bicki's cross to bear and no one had the right to tell her who she wanted to rub peepees with.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Go to the Investigation Discovery store. I set him up in the hallway and the dog freaked out!

http://store.discovery.com/homicide-hunter-joe-kenda-standee/detail.php?p=597608

One  other thing?
If you set him up in a hallway or room, you are going to scare the shit out of yourself until you get used to the fact that there is a cardboard man in your house.

I'd wake up in the middle of the night to use the facilities and he never failed to shake me up.

Oh I can't wait to set up my Joe Kenda cardboard cutout! Any chance of purchasing a Joe Kenda blow up doll!? Lol.

Well back to snarking on Mehgan. I don't typically like to comment on women's figures because women really do have it over on men when it comes to beautiful bodies. But IMO, Meghan has one of the weirdest females bodies I've ever seen. Not one thing about her that is feminine, womanly or sexy. 

I hope the in vitro doesn't work for Meghan until she finds a man who really loves her. And that "man" is definitely not soulless Jim. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Oh I can't wait to set up my Joe Kenda cardboard cutout! Any chance of purchasing a Joe Kenda blow up doll!? Lol.

Well back to snarking on Mehgan. I don't typically like to comment on women's figures because women really do have it over on men when it comes to beautiful bodies. But IMO, Meghan has one of the weirdest females bodies I've ever seen. Not one thing about her that is feminine, womanly or sexy. 

I hope the in vitro doesn't work for Meghan until she finds a man who really loves her. And that "man" is definitely not soulless Jim. 

Well she's currently pregnant so they're going to have to deal...

• Love 1

So I checked out her instagram diary. Holy smokes is she full of herself. She is such a martyr for cancer! 

So if that meant two days of unbearable pain in order to fulfill my friend's legacy with my platform, so be it.

www.instagram.com/p/BIdN2omAcn_/?taken-by=meghansivfjourney&hl=en

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

So I checked out her instagram diary. Holy smokes is she full of herself. She is such a martyr for cancer! 

She is the worst. I want to feel sorry for her because she is having a baby with someone who obviously can barely tolerate being around her, but she is so self centred I just can't. I don't understand her motive. She has knowingly placed herself and her unborn child in this unfortunate position. I just really feel sorry for her baby, who will be used as a pawn in the upcoming divorce.

• Love 3

I was trying to figure out why she insisted on doing this when he was gone but maybe the thought was that if she did get pregnant, she'd rather deliver during the off-season so I can see that. (Not like I expect him to be a big help, though.)  Eventually, though, he's gonna go back on the road and leave her and the kid home alone for half of the year. And when he's with them, he's not with his young children who live in St. Louis. All that so Meghan can star in a reality show. I really don't get priorities for these people.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I was trying to figure out why she insisted on doing this when he was gone but maybe the thought was that if she did get pregnant, she'd rather deliver during the off-season so I can see that. (Not like I expect him to be a big help, though.)  Eventually, though, he's gonna go back on the road and leave her and the kid home alone for half of the year. And when he's with them, he's not with his young children who live in St. Louis. All that so Meghan can star in a reality show. I really don't get priorities for these people.

Although Meghan has been on other reality TV shows, Jim signed up for the OC HW show with his then second wife, well before he got divorced then married Meghan. So, this, the OC show, is something he wanted just as much, if not more than Meghan wanted. She is due around Christmas, so she/they will be back in SL when she has their daughter. Right now we just don't know if she will return to the show or not next season after having the baby.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Although Meghan has been on other reality TV shows, Jim signed up for the OC HW show with his then second wife, well before he got divorced then married Meghan. So, this, the OC show, is something he wanted just as much, if not more than Meghan wanted. She is due around Christmas, so she/they will be back in SL when she has their daughter. Right now we just don't know if she will return to the show or not next season after having the baby.

Of course. Nothing I said contradicts that. In fact, the kids in St. Louis are his kids, not hers, so I would say he owes more to the St. Louis kids than Meghan but for some reason having what I guess he perceives as the trophy wife on a reality show is more important to him than family time.

1 minute ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Of course. Nothing I said contradicts that. In fact, the kids in St. Louis are his kids, not hers, so I would say he owes more to the St. Louis kids than Meghan but for some reason having what I guess he perceives as the trophy wife on a reality show is more important to him than family time.

I believe that he spends far more time in SL than he does in the OC. I think both of them are only in the OC when they are filming the show and he isn't on the show all that much, otherwise they are based in SL. As for him spending time with his younger kids, is there any evidence, say from his ex wife/family, that says he is an absentee father or that he doesn't spend a lot of time with them? I haven't heard/seen/read anything that points to him being a bad father or a distant father in his kids life. His jobs entail travel, travel away from home (out of state) as it does for a lot of parents.

• Love 3
On 7/29/2016 at 0:28 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

She is awful. I hate that Brooks was lying because it so distracted from Meghan's awfulness.

• Love 1

Her talk to the cancer club was all about how it affected her and it messed her up and how she had to deal with it and she was sad that Jimmy's wife had cancer and it was depressing to her and it made her think about doing something because of the impact it had on her and her life.

Btw, Jimmy's wife thanks you for listening to me.

• Love 8

Article on Daily Mail where Megan says she gave Jim an ultimatum. Either he unfroze his sperm and they tried for a baby or she walked away. Great foundation for bringing a child into the world. I am predicting divorce will be on the horizon within the next year.

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:31 PM, Pickles said:

Article on Daily Mail where Megan says she gave Jim an ultimatum. Either he unfroze his sperm and they tried for a baby or she walked away. Great foundation for bringing a child into the world. I am predicting divorce will be on the horizon within the next year.

Mudhen is supposed to be smart?

THAT is the reason Jimmy is so distant about the kid.

I can see him agreeing, just to get her to STFU about having a child?

The only way that they were going to stay married is if she stayed on the west coast - I can see her calling jimmy and begging him to leave work because she can't open a jar or drops something on the floor?

I can also see her reading every book on the planet about childbirth and her having the symptoms of at least 5 different complications during her pregnancy?

• Love 1
On 8/16/2016 at 10:57 AM, ElDosEquis said:

I can also see her reading every book on the planet about childbirth and her having the symptoms of at least 5 different complications during her pregnancy?

And I can also seeing her using her entire pregnancy to act all bat shit crazy. She knows she's boring and brings nothing to the show.

She's already acting like she's crazy..."ok. Tamra you can invite Vicki to my party..No don't invite Vicki to my party...No just don't have the party...ok go ahead and have the party and invite Vicki"

I see what you're up to here Meghan... (I'm a super sleuth too)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And I can also seeing her using her entire pregnancy to act all bat shit crazy. She knows she's boring and brings nothing to the show.

She's already acting like she's crazy..."ok. Tamra you can invite Vicki to my party..No don't invite Vicki to my party...No just don't have the party...ok go ahead and have the party and invite Vicki"

I see what you're up to here Meghan... (I'm a super sleuth too)

LOL The crazy act is real but it is due to her high hormone level. I have seen it before with others that have gone through IVF, their hormones are through the roof, 1 second they are all giddy happy, giggling away then 2 seconds later they are crying their eyes out or threatening to gouge your eyes out. They change their minds multiple times over everything while driving those around them BSC! LOL

• Love 4

I haven't been around too many pregnant women in my life so I didn't realize it could happen that soon into the pregnancy. Thanks for educating me!

But I still can't stand Meghan. Give me a minute and I'll come up with some more snark and criticism for her!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I haven't been around too many pregnant women in my life so I didn't realize it could happen that soon into the pregnancy. Thanks for educating me!

But I still can't stand Meghan. Give me a minute and I'll come up with some more snark and criticism for her!

She doesn't bother me but Please, Snark away! LOL They all deserve it for being on the show IMO.

Even in early pregnancy, some women get moody, really moody but IVF treatments make that look mild in comparison. Hopefully it all settled down when she became pregnant or soon after. LOL

• Love 1

She's posting every step of her "journey" on Instagram.  She really expects everyone to feel sorry for her going thru this alone.  Hello? If you don't want to be alone during all of this, perhaps you should time it better, like during the off season. Ya know - NOT starting the process during spring flipping training!! SMH

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

She's posting every step of her "journey" on Instagram.  She really expects everyone to feel sorry for her going thru this alone.  Hello? If you don't want to be alone during all of this, perhaps you should time it better, like during the off season. Ya know - NOT starting the process during spring flipping training!! SMH

Filming for this season, with the exception of the reunion, is already finished as is spring training. She should be back in St.L with Jim and family. I wonder if she/Jim are separated if she is still back in the OC or if he is nowhere to be found.

Opps, ETA, does Jim travel with the team and that is why he is MIA? If so, that is the price you make when your husbands job entails travel and she would/should have known that.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Filming for this season, with the exception of the reunion, is already finished as is spring training. She should be back in St.L with Jim and family. I wonder if she/Jim are separated if she is still back in the OC or if he is nowhere to be found.

Opps, ETA, does Jim travel with the team and that is why he is MIA? If so, that is the price you make when your husbands job entails travel and she would/should have known that.

If I were Jim I would stay far, far away.  Meghan King has lapped the last woman who thought she was the first person to have a baby.  I can't imagine what she will be like when the baby gets here.  Twenty three hours a day of documenting the baby.  I hope Meghan remembers Jim already has four children,, who need his love and attention.

• Love 4

I think I might be an outcast. Meghan's storyline doesn't bother me at all and I honestly find it a bit refreshing compared to the others. I think she is a little self absorbed and immature, but she isn't as crazy as the others.  Her pregnancy and Jimmy being gone is something I see on a daily basis with a husband in the military (hubby deployed the day I found out I was pregnant). While she does go overboard on the documenting of the pregnancy, I also find it a tad bit refreshing to see someone so excited that they are pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I think she is going to have a hard road with Jimmy because he obviously didn't want the baby, but maybe the baby will keep her occupied while he is gone.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, corter20 said:

I think I might be an outcast. Meghan's storyline doesn't bother me at all and I honestly find it a bit refreshing compared to the others. I think she is a little self absorbed and immature, but she isn't as crazy as the others.  Her pregnancy and Jimmy being gone is something I see on a daily basis with a husband in the military (hubby deployed the day I found out I was pregnant). While she does go overboard on the documenting of the pregnancy, I also find it a tad bit refreshing to see someone so excited that they are pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I think she is going to have a hard road with Jimmy because he obviously didn't want the baby, but maybe the baby will keep her occupied while he is gone.

I'm with you.  I despised Meghan last season, but she's just not bothering me this season.   And if her 24/7 IVF journey enrages people, it seems a simple solution to, I don't know, not look at Meghan's SM.  It's not rocket science.  As to her self-involvement, the only women I've ever known who were more self-involved than brides, happened to be those going through IVF.  It's a rather obsessive process, and as tiring as it is to be in that person's life during that period, the hormonal up and downs and the alternating hope and fear of disappointment are surely overwhelming.  I had a friend who sailed through the IVF process in a rather uneventful manner, got pregnant on the first try, and gave birth to healthy twins (boy and girl), and yet swore she wouldn't do it again if she hadn't been successful.   It was that grueling - in her opinion.

And I'm beyond tired of the constant references that Jim is an unloving and uninvolved parent.  To my knowledge, he hasn't called his small child a bitch, or admitted on camera that he feels no guilt at being minimally involved in his children's lives. Jim may not be a surgeon like Terry, but he's the primary bread winner in his marriage, and has four children to support.  His job is also his passion - baseball.  He's very involved with the Cardinals, as an announcer and mentor.  Unless Meghan is willing to follow him, she is in the same boat as any woman married to a current MLB player.  They are gone 50% of the time during the season, and 100% of the time in pre-season.  It's apparently Meghan's choice to be on this show which reduces the time she spends with Jim.  Perhaps when the baby is born she will relocate to St. Louis and possibly follow him to Florida during spring training. 

I do not claim their marriage is great.  It wouldn't be my idea of a marriage.  Jim is clearly disinterested in being on camera, but only Meghan knows how he is off camera.  And I think she'd be wise to stop talking about her ultimatum that she get pregnant to save the marriage.  It simply adds to the scrutiny of how they interact on camera.  But it's not uncommon for a husband and wife to disagree on family planning, which obviously means one of them ends up compromising.  In this situation it was Jim.  I'm not sure why it's a moral failing.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm with you.  I despised Meghan last season, but she's just not bothering me this season.   And if her 24/7 IVF journey enrages people, it seems a simple solution to, I don't know, not look at Meghan's SM.  It's not rocket science.  As to her self-involvement, the only women I've ever known who were more self-involved than brides, happened to be those going through IVF.  It's a rather obsessive process, and as tiring as it is to be in that person's life during that period, the hormonal up and downs and the alternating hope and fear of disappointment are surely overwhelming.  I had a friend who sailed through the IVF process in a rather uneventful manner, got pregnant on the first try, and gave birth to healthy twins (boy and girl), and yet swore she wouldn't do it again if she hadn't been successful.   It was that grueling - in her opinion.

And I'm beyond tired of the constant references that Jim is an unloving and uninvolved parent.  To my knowledge, he hasn't called his small child a bitch, or admitted on camera that he feels no guilt at being minimally involved in his children's lives. Jim may not be a surgeon like Terry, but he's the primary bread winner in his marriage, and has four children to support.  His job is also his passion - baseball.  He's very involved with the Cardinals, as an announcer and mentor.  Unless Meghan is willing to follow him, she is in the same boat as any woman married to a current MLB player.  They are gone 50% of the time during the season, and 100% of the time in pre-season.  It's apparently Meghan's choice to be on this show which reduces the time she spends with Jim.  Perhaps when the baby is born she will relocate to St. Louis and possibly follow him to Florida during spring training. 

I do not claim their marriage is great.  It wouldn't be my idea of a marriage.  Jim is clearly disinterested in being on camera, but only Meghan knows how he is off camera.  And I think she'd be wise to stop talking about her ultimatum that she get pregnant to save the marriage.  It simply adds to the scrutiny of how they interact on camera.  But it's not uncommon for a husband and wife to disagree on family planning, which obviously means one of them ends up compromising.  In this situation it was Jim.  I'm not sure why it's a moral failing.  

Meghan cleared the ultimatum-it was while they were dating.  Jim seems to have a good relationship with his other children and this will be the first time he won't be playing ball when his daughter arrived. 

I like Jim, I think he recognizes Meghan gets overly involved in situations and it is just part of her charm to him.  Once the baby comes, they will most likely be living in St. Louis and Meghan will go into the RHOC retirement home.  I can't imagine unless they truly want to winter in the OC there being a reason to keep up a large home in Orange County. 

• Love 4
On 7/27/2016 at 2:25 PM, ElDosEquis said:

I am of the mind that what Crooks did wasn't as terrible as they made it out to be.

Yes, he lied about having cancer - but he never went to the rest of the cast and told or asked them for anything.

I have MORE disdain for people that pose as cancer victims, then fleece the community out of money, help, etc.

IF Crooks was trying to fleece Bicki, you may mention your concern as a friend, but you don't go all fucking Nancy Drew on someone because they lied. It was Bicki's cross to bear and no one had the right to tell her who she wanted to rub peepees with.

What about Club Detox that was miraculously curing his "cancer"?  I feel like that was him and Vicky using the fake cancer to fleece cancer patients out of money -- not to mention Vicky's fake cancer charity that was a front for insurance leads or her constant reminders in her Bravo blog to buy "cancer insurance."  I'm glad Meghan was like a dog with a bone and didn't let it drop until he was exposed.

• Love 4

Jim's working the game tonight.  He referenced the nachos being eaten by the young lady on his right.  When asked by his co-announcer who she is, Jim announced - Haley Nicole Edmonds.  I wonder if she's living in St. Louis or just visiting.  

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:24 PM, zoeysmom said:

If I were Jim I would stay far, far away.  Meghan King has lapped the last woman who thought she was the first person to have a baby.  I can't imagine what she will be like when the baby gets here.  Twenty three hours a day of documenting the baby.  I hope Meghan remembers Jim already has four children,, who need his love and attention.

LOL, 23 hours of documenting a baby -

When the baby develops diaper rash or screams incessantly because it's hungry but it can't be fed or changed because her cell phone isn't charged - no photos of the filming?

NO ONE ever takes into consideration that the baby - born as an ultimatum - is going to be the rope in the tug-of-war that this marriage is going to turn into.

• Love 1

I'm not a big Meghan fan, but I thought her finding out that she didn't have twins was the most "real" thing that has come out of this show in a long time.

And the lesson is that life is hard - even for the attractive and well-to-do folks.

I always thought things came easily for Meghan, but in taking a more objective look, I'm not sure that's it.  She's gone through some things. She is actually strong and has a good attitude.  

I think I may have turned a corner where she is concerned.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

I thought she was kind of ridiculous. #guessI'mabitch

Her reaction shows there was nothing "infertile" about her situation. I've known of too many women who truly struggled with infertility - emotionally, physically, financially - to think her reaction was just OTT because they would have been happy to just be pregnant. There might be some disappointment but not that scene.

23 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Her reaction shows there was nothing "infertile" about her situation. I've known of too many women who truly struggled with infertility - emotionally, physically, financially - to think her reaction was just OTT because they would have been happy to just be pregnant. There might be some disappointment but not that scene.

Take this from someone that has had quite a few miscarriages herself, what we saw was real, very raw and very real. Of course she is happy that she is still able to have 1 of the babies but that doesn't negate the loss of the other. Bottom line, anytime you miscarry a wanted baby, it hurts.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

This idiot was going to have a baby, no matter what happened.

She just so happened to marry Jimbo, short of Vas Deferens - but full of cash? So, technically, she bought herself a baby.

I don't like her and not because I was a fan of brooks. I am sure if people went snooping around HER life and started to debunk her 'journey', she'd have her asshole all bound up.

She in an insincere, whiny, spoiled little girl that hit the 'husband lottery'.

Edited by ElDosEquis
you say tomaytoe
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Take this from someone that has had quite a few miscarriages herself, what we saw was real, very raw and very real. Of course she is happy that she is still able to have 1 of the babies but that doesn't negate the loss of the other. Bottom line, anytime you miscarry a wanted baby, it hurts.

I'm totally bored by Megan and her storyline, but I agree that was real.   

• Love 4
21 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I have had two miscarriages myself.

And was she ever pregnant with two? I thought she just knew she was pregnant but they didn't do an u/s yet so she had no idea if she was pregnant with one or two.

9 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

She in an insincere, whiny, spoiled little girl that hit the 'husband lottery'.

Except he's no prize.

Everything Meghan does or goes through is 10+ so to me that explains her reaction as much as anything. She must be exhausting to live with which is probably why she ended up with someone who tunes out her neediness.  This is the woman who made her husband's first ex-wife's cancer about her, after all!

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I have had two miscarriages myself.

And was she ever pregnant with two? I thought she just knew she was pregnant but they didn't do an u/s yet so she had no idea if she was pregnant with one or two.

Except he's no prize.

Everything Meghan does or goes through is 10+ so to me that explains her reaction as much as anything. She must be exhausting to live with which is probably why she ended up with someone who tunes out her neediness.  This is the woman who made her husband's first ex-wife's cancer about her, after all!

They implanted both embryos and showed them then but this was the first sonogram since then but she was implanted with 2 and was sad/hurt that both didn't survive/take. Again, it doesn't mean that she can't feel the loss of the one that didn't attach/make it. Sorry about your loss.

• Love 6

They transferred two embryos and then it is up to Mother Nature whether they actually implant, or "take," or not.  So she actually was not pregnant with two - she was hopeful she would be pregnant with two, it sounds like.

I did say I can certainly understand the disappointment.  But I thought her reaction was OTT.  I have had many friends go through IVF and implantation is certainly not a given at all. (Of course her odds were probably greater considering they really are not "infertile" as much as she has tried to act like they are.) 

• Love 1

Just because others have struggled more doesn't mean that Meghan cannot have a few minutes of sadness when confronted with the reality that was different than she was imagining. Yes, it wasnt certain that they would both take but once she found out she was pregnant it's quite natural to start imaging/dreaming/thinking about what the future is going to be. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

They transferred two embryos and then it is up to Mother Nature whether they actually implant, or "take," or not.  So she actually was not pregnant with two - she was hopeful she would be pregnant with two, it sounds like.

I did say I can certainly understand the disappointment.  But I thought her reaction was OTT.  I have had many friends go through IVF and implantation is certainly not a given at all. (Of course her odds were probably greater considering they really are not "infertile" as much as she has tried to act like they are.) 

We don't know if the other embryo took or not. It is just as possible that it did but that she miscarried it, we just don't know. I think Meghan was very hopeful that both took and was hurt that 1 didn't/that she lost 1, either way, she became emotional which again, is normal. All she did is cry, she didn't wail, scream, lash out or overreact, she cried quietly in that moment. Again, a normal reaction to sad news.

• Love 9
On September 27, 2016 at 9:24 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

I wrote a post on the episode thread but speaking as someone who has actual fertilty issues, has gone through multiple IVF procedures, miscarriages, and two live births, Megan's reaction is valid. Her sadness is real and not OTT (to me). She was also hormonal. Just because others have gone through worse doesn't mean that she can't feel sadness for herself. She hoped for twins, it didn't happen. Maybe this was the one chance for her to get pregnant with Jimmy. Maybe they used all if his frozen sperm. If so, she now faces the reality that she may only have one child. It's ok to mourn the loss of a dream of having more than 1 child. Whatever it is, I don't judge her reaction. It doesn't take away from or affect anyone else.

• Love 15