Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

I love the part where she says she brings real stories to the housewives show.

Shut up Meghan. I'd love to know the real story on you and Jimbo. Fakery, just like Vicki and Brooks: IMO

How was Meghan faking anything? Leann did have terminal cancer and she did die from it. Brooks faked having cancer and both he and Vicki told lie after lie about it all season long. Meghan may be a "bull in a china shop" in her methods in seeking "truth and justice" but she didn't create a storyline based on lies like Vicki and Brooks did. If I found out someone I knew was faking cancer while someone close to/part of my family was actually dying from cancer, I would be angry and want to expose the fraud as well. Meghan's methods in exposing the lie may have sucked but she didn't lie, she didn't create the message, she only helped deliver it. Blame the liars, NOT the messenger. JMO

• Love 10

How was Meghan faking anything? Leann did have terminal cancer and she did die from it. Brooks faked having cancer and both he and Vicki told lie after lie about it all season long. Meghan may be a "bull in a china shop" in her methods in seeking "truth and justice" but she didn't create a storyline based on lies like Vicki and Brooks did. If I found out someone I knew was faking cancer while someone close to/part of my family was actually dying from cancer, I would be angry and want to expose the fraud as well. Meghan's methods in exposing the lie may have sucked but she didn't lie, she didn't create the message, she only helped deliver it. Blame the liars, NOT the messenger. JMO

After Brandi on RHOBH I am usually turned off by "truth cannons" but Meghan is pretty linear in her thinking.  I think the fake psychic was a plot device so that the others could have a discussion about Brooks cancer.  Of course, they didn't really need the psychic because Brooks stepped in as usual and announced his cessation of chemotherapy.  Pretty much everything Meghan predicted turned out to be true-with the seemingly miraculous recovery of Brooks.

Meghan turned me off early on with her treatment of Shannon-I think that was Meghan's design to garner a lot of attention.  She stepped in it again with the stepchildren argument-clearly she put out the wrong statement at the wrong place and time.  I also felt like she was inviting the others for advice when she threw out the Haley stuff and especially announcing Haley getting birth control.  Her linear thinking made it sound like they were having a discussion about buying cars and it was a fail.

Where Meghan was correct as far as her opinions-not necessarily her methods in disputing Brooks' claims.   The girlfriend thing was out of bounds.  Calling the various facilities no harm, no foul and I am sure if Brooks had said he was trying to boost his immune system with the juicing and resveratrol Meghan would have had a different opinion and probably backed off.  

Meghan said a couple of things at the Reunion that rang true-your Mother dying doesn't excuse you lying four months before her death.  Nor does it excuse a continuing pattern of untruthfulness. 

Meghan wants back in next year and I expect we will still see the bickering and Meghan being unfulfilled in the baby department.  I just hope it doesn't become an entire season about her quest to have a child.  At this point because she did not out and out lie I think I could tolerate another year, especially of they bring on some women that are closer to her in age.

• Love 4

After Brandi on RHOBH I am usually turned off by "truth cannons" but Meghan is pretty linear in her thinking.  I think the fake psychic was a plot device so that the others could have a discussion about Brooks cancer.  Of course, they didn't really need the psychic because Brooks stepped in as usual and announced his cessation of chemotherapy.  Pretty much everything Meghan predicted turned out to be true-with the seemingly miraculous recovery of Brooks.

Meghan turned me off early on with her treatment of Shannon-I think that was Meghan's design to garner a lot of attention.  She stepped in it again with the stepchildren argument-clearly she put out the wrong statement at the wrong place and time.  I also felt like she was inviting the others for advice when she threw out the Haley stuff and especially announcing Haley getting birth control.  Her linear thinking made it sound like they were having a discussion about buying cars and it was a fail.

Where Meghan was correct as far as her opinions-not necessarily her methods in disputing Brooks' claims.   The girlfriend thing was out of bounds.  Calling the various facilities no harm, no foul and I am sure if Brooks had said he was trying to boost his immune system with the juicing and resveratrol Meghan would have had a different opinion and probably backed off.  

Meghan said a couple of things at the Reunion that rang true-your Mother dying doesn't excuse you lying four months before her death.  Nor does it excuse a continuing pattern of untruthfulness. 

Meghan wants back in next year and I expect we will still see the bickering and Meghan being unfulfilled in the baby department.  I just hope it doesn't become an entire season about her quest to have a child.  At this point because she did not out and out lie I think I could tolerate another year, especially of they bring on some women that are closer to her in age.

IMO, BOTH Meghan AND Shannon were at fault about the phone call. Meghan came on too strong and Shannon was too sensitive, BOTH overreacted.

I didn't mind her talking about Haley to the others as they all had children and could give her some advice. Only Vicki though told her to back off because she was not the bio mom and then a day or so later told her she wasn't strict enough, typical Vicki. LOL Meghan's first season was rather typical for a newbie with the exception of Brooks/Vicki/cancer IMO.

I do think production knew that Brooks and Vicki were lying about cancer from the get go and decided to "help" bring out the truth via the Eddie/cough BS cough, the psychic and they may have helped steer Meghan to the SH site and the ex gf info about Brooks. Calling the ex gf was overstepping but I get it.

I hope she gets a second season, that she dials it back a bit and doesn't do the "I want a baby" storyline unless it is real.

• Love 3

I'm one of Meghan's few earnest fans. She shares her perspective, doesn't back down, communicates her opinions transparently, apologizes when she feels she has erred (without any "that's my PER-CEP-TION equivocation), and - a thousand points bonus! - is the first franchise cast member of which I'm aware to mention literature on social media (The Goldfinch and Tolstoy; aside from Cop Without a Badge, the only other book to which I can recall a Housewife referring is The Prince/Camille). For all of the viewer and cast focus on her age, she's older than Gretchen or Porsha Stewart when they joined and doesn't trail Lizzie, Katie Hamilton, Lydia, Alexis, or Joanna Krupa (with respect to their maiden seasons) by much. And, despite her Valley Girl affectations, she's certainly less puerile than Vicki or Tamra. She can, of course, be petty per her refusal to let picayune points - ie the telephone call to Shannon- of dispute drop but that's part and parcel with the ridiculous conflicts that are the sine qua non of this series (see: Shannon and Heather and ChairGate). I'm offended by ethnic impostors that crop up in the new cycles and their appropriation of histories of strife/oppression that they have not experienced to understand why Brooks's charade would inspire someone watching Lee Ann struggle (or Haley's part in it) do the entire dog-with-a-bone bit that Meghan adopted this season.

• Love 3

Will next season's storyline be if Meghan is pregnant or not? Meghan wants a baby above all else, it should be very interesting if she and Jim devise a season storyline around it. Tamra is just laying in wait for something sketchy she can wrap her claws around and it may just be Meghan's neck.

• Love 1

Will next season's storyline be if Meghan is pregnant or not? Meghan wants a baby above all else, it should be very interesting if she and Jim devise a season storyline around it. Tamra is just laying in wait for something sketchy she can wrap her claws around and it may just be Meghan's neck.

Well Jim did say they were exploring the option.  BTW totally inappropriate for Tamra to ask the question.  I have to say Jim is going on 46 years old, he has a history of concussions and PCS, so Meghan might want to think about all of these factors before having a baby.  She could very well be facing some pretty major health issues with Jim.  Don't mean to be a pessimist but is teems Meghan was concerned enough to have a BRCA test she might want to look at what she is working with.  Effectively it would also pull her out of the show.  With Jim's son and daughter in St. Louis who he sees 50% of the time and his two older daughters grown-why would they maintain a home in OC with an infant?

But Meghan wants a baby. She wants to give birth herself. She seems determined, so who knows what she's capable of doing to start her own little family? How far is she willing to go to make her dream come true...it's her ambition. Will Jim come through for her? They have both layed the groundwork this season, now Evolution Media has to bring the audience along for every detail and drama that ensues, lol.

Edited to add "About Evolution Media"

About Evolution Media

Since 1987, Evolution Media, under founder and CEO Douglas Ross, has forged a reputation as a bold, innovative provider of non-fiction programming. Evolution's productions span the broadcast and cable spectrums, with commercial success and critical acclaim in virtually all formats and genres.

Current programming includes Bravo's hits The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, The Real Housewives of Orange County, and Vanderpump Rules, and the new breakout-hit Botched for E!.

Evolution Media's awards and industry accolades include 9 Telly Awards, CableFax Awards and the Best Reality Show award from the Critics' Choice Awards.

Previous programming, consisting of over 45 series, includes the inaugural seasons of CBS's Big Brother and NBC's Fear Factor, as well as TLC's 10 Years Younger, truTV's docu-drama Ocean Force, MTV's Yo Momma, Bravo's Date My Ex, Gay Weddings and Boy Meets Boy, VH1's Bands Reunited, ABC Family's teen reality hit, Switched!, TLC's Clean Sweep, Disney Channel's Bug Juice, the reality comedies The Adam Carolla Project (TLC) and He's a Lady (TBS), the tele-feature Now You See It for Disney Channel, and the award-winning feature documentary Camp Out (LOGO).

Edited by talula

Because she lied during a phone call to a real medical practice, that treats real patients, with real cancer, in order to obtain information that was and still is none of her business in the first place.

That phone call took time away from the real patients, with real cancer.

Nope. I still have yet to see any credible evidence Babbling Brooks is faking cancer.

All the above is my opinion only.

----

To be fair to Megan I don't think the person answering the phone is the doctor or one of the nurses that is treating patients. Regardless if it was any of her business or not, she did help point out what, in my opinion, were lies Brooks was saying.

Megan kind of grew on me this season. I love that she is so confident. I hope she gets to have the baby she wants.

• Love 1

Looks like Meghan kicked Brooks' ass! He confessed to lying about all the health records he produced. What a lying piece of crap he is!!! I don't believe that Vicki knew nothing about it.

Ayers' Cancer Bombshell: RHOC Star Admits He 'Fabricated' Medical Records

Brooks Ayers is breaking his silence about the controversy surrounding his claim that he has cancer after the hospital where he said he was treated revealed he was never a patient there.

On Wednesday, Ayers, who is Real Housewives of Orange County star Vicki Gunvalson's ex-boyfriend, made the bombshell admission that he had indeed forged medical documents from cancer hospital City of Hope, which he originally presented in an attempt to prove his diagnosis.

"Words cannot express the deep regret that I have in fabricating documents to 'prove' to the world that I, in fact, have cancer," Ayers told E! News in a statement. "What I did was wrong and inexcusable. I acted alone, without Vicki's knowledge, to produce documents for a reality TV show in hopes of putting doubts about my cancer to rest. I never intended to disclose my actual medical records or details about my private and personal medical history, thus the rationalization of presenting documents that weren't true simply for a 'storyline' for the show."

From this day forward, my own personal journey with this disease will remain private as I initially intended over a year ago," Ayers continued. "My sincerest apologies to my family, friends, loved ones, and those who are battling this horrid disease for any additional pain and/or stress that I have caused. As [university of Louisville basketball coach] Rick Pitino once said, 'Mistakes can be good. They are fertilizer. Everything I've learned about coaching [life], I've learned from making mistakes.' I made a mistake yet I have learned a huge lesson as well."

http://www.people.com/article/brooks-ayers-cancer-admits-fabricating-medical-documents

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

To be fair to Megan I don't think the person answering the phone is the doctor or one of the nurses that is treating patients. Regardless if it was any of her business or not, she did help point out what, in my opinion, were lies Brooks was saying.

Megan kind of grew on me this season. I love that she is so confident. I hope she gets to have the baby she wants.

I understand and appreciate what you are saying.

From my point of view, Meghan lied about having cancer herself and took time away fr/ legitimate patients w/ legitimate issues.

The woman has serious problems w/ boundaries.

Her behavior is inexcusable, IMO.

• Love 4

Meghan is now taking the high road: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/meghan-king-edmonds-reacts-to-brooks-ayers-cancer-documents-lie-20151211 Good for her if she is truly working to help people with cancer. Maybe some good can come out of Brooks' bad behavior.

Well it's about time.

I hope it is genuine and not just a sightseeing tour through the high road.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1

I didn't know Meghan was on say yes to the dress, it's on right now... And she is whining that she can see her abs and hip bones through her dress... I haven't seen mine since I was born in 1982... But whatever

Yeah, that's why I'm skeptical about her desire to have a kid. Unless she adopts or uses a surrogate. She's very fixated on her body.

• Love 3

This is not a put down because my 17 yo son's body is healthy and strong but from the boobs down, her body looks EXACTLY like his. 

Props to her for being fit.

This is not meant as in insult-Meghan is built like Brandi Glanville only with a better implant job.

I'm not sure if I'll ever warm up to Meghan but I'm okay if she comes back for a season. Probably not more than that though.

I kind of feel the same way.  I would like to see more depth and more getting along. 

• Love 2

Are we sure that's Megan's real family & not some random gorgeous model group at a Fall catalog shoot?  Gotta tell my sibs to up the attire, & work on color coordination (& diet!) by Xmas reunion.  Odd that Megan's l-o-n-g neck looks quite normal in sib pic.

Congrats to them. I hope she also realizes the changes this will bring to their marriage. Those instagrams of her vacations will be different. Their time together will be different. Babies have a way of either bringing couples closer together or further apart, but regardless they change you and your lifestyle. But for a guy with a few marriages behind him, I am not sure. He still travels a great deal, so I don't know if he will be a hands on dad. And she still acts and instagrams like a teenager than a 30(?) year old married woman. Who still says half about their age? Or basically says "I hate her and am not friends with her so you shouldn't be friends with her either" (to Kelly about Vicki). 

Did Jim get her a shiny new ring? It looks bigger on the show. It is lovely, though not my particular taste (I feel after a certain size, the diamond just looks fake).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nenya said:

Congrats to them. I hope she also realizes the changes this will bring to their marriage. Those instagrams of her vacations will be different. Their time together will be different. Babies have a way of either bringing couples closer together or further apart, but regardless they change you and your lifestyle. But for a guy with a few marriages behind him, I am not sure. He still travels a great deal, so I don't know if he will be a hands on dad. And she still acts and instagrams like a teenager than a 30(?) year old married woman. Who still says half about their age? Or basically says "I hate her and am not friends with her so you shouldn't be friends with her either" (to Kelly about Vicki). 

Did Jim get her a shiny new ring? It looks bigger on the show. It is lovely, though not my particular taste (I feel after a certain size, the diamond just looks fake).

That will be her story/focus in season 12...since shes due in November/December....and filming usually starts in Feb.  We will probably see the changes a newborn brings to a marriage...her adjusting to mother hood...probably will see her mother around since Jimmy will be working...and tension in hwr marriage to Jimmy....the story writes itself.

• Love 4

Talking about not be able to see the forest because of the trees?

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/07/20/meghan-king-edmonds-is-frustrated-about-fractures-in-her-marriage/

I can bet that Jimmy was totally against MKE joining the cast - I think that it threw her into another gear and she became unbearable at home.

I think he is rethinking his impending fatherhood - imagine living with a 'researcher' and having to listen to shit like birth defects, killer strollers, baby proofing the house, possible complications of pregnancy......Since she is the first woman on earth to give birth, I suppose she is going to get a good edit?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Talking about not be able to see the forest because of the trees?

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/07/20/meghan-king-edmonds-is-frustrated-about-fractures-in-her-marriage/

I can bet that Jimmy was totally against MKE joining the cast - I think that it threw her into another gear and she became unbearable at home.

I think he is rethinking his impending fatherhood - imagine living with a 'researcher' and having to listen to shit like birth defects, killer strollers, baby proofing the house, possible complications of pregnancy......Since she is the first woman on earth to give birth, I suppose she is going to get a good edit?

Nah.....He signed up wife #2 for the show before they divorced! Oh, wait..................

• Love 3
(edited)

Jimmy has been floating around this franchise for years.  He was at Heather's Onion Ring party in S8 (filmed September 2012). He was also at Heather's groundbreaking party in S9 (filmed in Sept/Oct 2013).  He was originally planning on coming on the show with a different wife.  LOL.  Megan is here because of him, and not the other way around.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 7

All that article did was fish quotes from Meghan's blog and put up a sensationalist headline with it. That said, I am really surprised that Jimmy isn't even trying to pretend to be more interested in Meghan this season. Given all the flak they got for their marriage last year, you think he would be more mindful of the cameras. It's pretty telling that he still just can't be bothered to give a fuck.

• Love 3

I really despised Meghan last season - her treatment of Shannon, and her Meghan, PI personality were so over the top.  "I care about JUSTICE!".  But I'm trying to reset and look at Meghan as she is this season.  I actually find her tolerable so far.  Her needle phobia seems genuine (I have a cousin who chose natural childbirth simply because she feared needles) and she was actually a little endearing after she gave herself that first shot.  I can tolerate her in small doses, and it helps that she's shed the martyrdom of the "saving motherless Hayley" storyline.

I'm a lifetime Cardinals fan, and I liked Edmonds well enough when he played.  He was a great athlete, good offensively and defensively, and had the typical Cardinal reputation of "nice guy".  He certainly doesn't put on any airs on this show, and he clearly gives zero fucks.  I appreciated that he immediately shut down Meghan's attempt to drag him into the drama with Vicki, he remained respectful in the way he spoke to Vicki, and he told Meghan to not try that again.  And while I didn't care much for him last season, I appreciated that he wasn't fame-whore Terry, with that unctuous personality, or nice guy turned weasel like David.  I'm no Eddie fan, but at least he's pretty consistent, and I'll group Jim in with him.

So having said all of this, I bought the baseball package this year, and I'm seeing tons of Edmonds in his announcer role.  And I gotta tell you - he's rather charming on air.  He's self-deprecating, but has no false modesty when asked about his own experience as a gold glove center fielder.  He's generous in his praise of all players (not just the Cardinals) and minimal in his criticisms.  He single-handedly made me reconsider my deep antagonism for Cub's manager, Joe Maddon, by praising Maddon as a human being, and nurturing mentor.  And that's really saying a lot - the friendly rivalry between the Cubs and Cardinals is not at all friendly.  He has deep ties within the St. Louis community, and is generous with his time in that arena.

So this is making me reconsider my opinion of his personal life.  Now again, I'm not enthralled by what we saw last season, or even this season thus far.  But the amount of criticism he receives seems a little exaggerated.  We've seen his interactions with one of his children.  Hayley was an obnoxious teenager, utterly lacking in charm or good manners.  But she was going through the worst time of her young life.  Hayley seemed to be comfortable with her father, and aware that he loved her.  He wasn't all over her behavior, but he did correct her a time or two.  In retrospect, I actually pity Haley.  And while I question the decision to allow her on the show, Jim clearly decided to keep her off this season. 

So I think the endless comments of how Jim is a horrible uninvolved father, and that he will ignore this child with Meghan just like he ignores the others, is a little extreme.  We've seen him with one out of four of his children.  We know his two youngest are in St. Louis, and he spends half of his time there.  I have absolutely no problem with him keeping the other three children off the show.  Going by pictures and comments, he sees a lot of his two youngest.  At the recent celebration of the ten year anniversary of the 2006 World Series win, Jim had his son on the field with him.  Jim is involved in his son's little league team.  He speaks of his children affectionately on air during the games.  Off the top of my head, there are two actresses that chose to be separated from their children while filming their shows - Keira Sedgwick, and Angie Harmon.  I've heard little to no judgment regarding their dedication to their children, and each chose to keep their children across the country with their fathers, rather than live as an intact family.  I think it's Meghan who chooses to live in the OC, and she does that to be on this show.  If it gets too difficult for her to raise the baby with her mother and a nanny's help, I'm sure she could pack up at the end of filming, and move to St. Louis - which is her home town.

We know these shows are very scripted at times, and they've been known to do many re-takes.  So I have no problem with Jim's detached or disinterested interactions with Meghan.  I'm sure she's attempting to lure him into a conversation they've had many times off-camera, and possibly many re-takes on camera.  He seems disinterested in being on this show, which is fine with me, and seems comfortable enough with his baseball persona, that he's not willing to be fake on camera for this show.  As far as I know, he hasn't been fucking Meghan's friend for a year (while she confides her marital woes to the woman), and doesn't refer to his young daughter as a bitch.  And while snark is the entire purpose of watching these shows and coming here to post, the references to Jim's physical attributes seem pretty harsh at times.  I'm not sure what the man's supposed to do about his lips that seem to offend so many.  They've been there his entire life, and it's not like he's filling them with silicone.  Last season I heard endlessly about his unattractive "dad bod".  The guy's no longer an athlete, is pushing fifty, and according to Meghan, on a diet.  So he seems to be doing his best.  And I'm personally offended by the constant references to his being closeted.  First of all, it implies there's something wrong with being gay.  Second, even if he were, it's certainly his decision to come out, and I hate when people are outed for shock value.  And thirdly, it seems the first two marriages would be enough to appear hetero. the accusations seem unfounded.  But I guess his interest in his candle business is enough to again confirm the closeted conspirators.  Gotta make sure my hetero male friends and family know they're not allowed to like candles. 

But he signed up for this, and the snark goes with the territory.  He doesn't seem concerned about the criticism, and he isn't out there whining about a "bad edit".  So snark away everyone.  I just wanted to express my opinion.  God knows I'm full of snark myself.

• Love 14
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, RedheadZombie said:

But I guess his interest in his candle business is enough to again confirm the closeted conspirators.  Gotta make sure my hetero male friends and family know they're not allowed to like candles.

So, where does that rank him against Roosevelt Grier and his needlepoint habit?

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/23/2016 at 3:41 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I really despised Meghan last season - her treatment of Shannon, and her Meghan, PI personality were so over the top.  "I care about JUSTICE!".  But I'm trying to reset and look at Meghan as she is this season.  I actually find her tolerable so far.  Her needle phobia seems genuine (I have a cousin who chose natural childbirth simply because she feared needles) and she was actually a little endearing after she gave herself that first shot.  I can tolerate her in small doses, and it helps that she's shed the martyrdom of the "saving motherless Hayley" storyline.

I'm a lifetime Cardinals fan, and I liked Edmonds well enough when he played.  He was a great athlete, good offensively and defensively, and had the typical Cardinal reputation of "nice guy".  He certainly doesn't put on any airs on this show, and he clearly gives zero fucks.  I appreciated that he immediately shut down Meghan's attempt to drag him into the drama with Vicki, he remained respectful in the way he spoke to Vicki, and he told Meghan to not try that again.  And while I didn't care much for him last season, I appreciated that he wasn't fame-whore Terry, with that unctuous personality, or nice guy turned weasel like David.  I'm no Eddie fan, but at least he's pretty consistent, and I'll group Jim in with him.

So having said all of this, I bought the baseball package this year, and I'm seeing tons of Edmonds in his announcer role.  And I gotta tell you - he's rather charming on air.  He's self-deprecating, but has no false modesty when asked about his own experience as a gold glove center fielder.  He's generous in his praise of all players (not just the Cardinals) and minimal in his criticisms.  He single-handedly made me reconsider my deep antagonism for Cub's manager, Joe Maddon, by praising Maddon as a human being, and nurturing mentor.  And that's really saying a lot - the friendly rivalry between the Cubs and Cardinals is not at all friendly.  He has deep ties within the St. Louis community, and is generous with his time in that arena.

So this is making me reconsider my opinion of his personal life.  Now again, I'm not enthralled by what we saw last season, or even this season thus far.  But the amount of criticism he receives seems a little exaggerated.  We've seen his interactions with one of his children.  Hayley was an obnoxious teenager, utterly lacking in charm or good manners.  But she was going through the worst time of her young life.  Hayley seemed to be comfortable with her father, and aware that he loved her.  He wasn't all over her behavior, but he did correct her a time or two.  In retrospect, I actually pity Haley.  And while I question the decision to allow her on the show, Jim clearly decided to keep her off this season. 

So I think the endless comments of how Jim is a horrible uninvolved father, and that he will ignore this child with Meghan just like he ignores the others, is a little extreme.  We've seen him with one out of four of his children.  We know his two youngest are in St. Louis, and he spends half of his time there.  I have absolutely no problem with him keeping the other three children off the show.  Going by pictures and comments, he sees a lot of his two youngest.  At the recent celebration of the ten year anniversary of the 2006 World Series win, Jim had his son on the field with him.  Jim is involved in his son's little league team.  He speaks of his children affectionately on air during the games.  Off the top of my head, there are two actresses that chose to be separated from their children while filming their shows - Keira Sedgwick, and Angie Harmon.  I've heard little to no judgment regarding their dedication to their children, and each chose to keep their children across the country with their fathers, rather than live as an intact family.  I think it's Meghan who chooses to live in the OC, and she does that to be on this show.  If it gets too difficult for her to raise the baby with her mother and a nanny's help, I'm sure she could pack up at the end of filming, and move to St. Louis - which is her home town.

We know these shows are very scripted at times, and they've been known to do many re-takes.  So I have no problem with Jim's detached or disinterested interactions with Meghan.  I'm sure she's attempting to lure him into a conversation they've had many times off-camera, and possibly many re-takes on camera.  He seems disinterested in being on this show, which is fine with me, and seems comfortable enough with his baseball persona, that he's not willing to be fake on camera for this show.  As far as I know, he hasn't been fucking Meghan's friend for a year (while she confides her marital woes to the woman), and doesn't refer to his young daughter as a bitch.  And while snark is the entire purpose of watching these shows and coming here to post, the references to Jim's physical attributes seem pretty harsh at times.  I'm not sure what the man's supposed to do about his lips that seem to offend so many.  They've been there his entire life, and it's not like he's filling them with silicone.  Last season I heard endlessly about his unattractive "dad bod".  The guy's no longer an athlete, is pushing fifty, and according to Meghan, on a diet.  So he seems to be doing his best.  And I'm personally offended by the constant references to his being closeted.  First of all, it implies there's something wrong with being gay.  Second, even if he were, it's certainly his decision to come out, and I hate when people are outed for shock value.  And thirdly, it seems the first two marriages would be enough to appear hetero. the accusations seem unfounded.  But I guess his interest in his candle business is enough to again confirm the closeted conspirators.  Gotta make sure my hetero male friends and family know they're not allowed to like candles. 

But he signed up for this, and the snark goes with the territory.  He doesn't seem concerned about the criticism, and he isn't out there whining about a "bad edit".  So snark away everyone.  I just wanted to express my opinion.  God knows I'm full of snark myself.

Thank you very much, RedheadZombie, for your wonderfully articulate analysis rendering a view of Jim from a different angle.  We needed that (or at least I did).

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
On 8/10/2015 at 0:31 PM, talula said:

I'm laughing at this cause I just saw these photos of Meghan and noticed her manly arms and large hands. Her hip area is awful reminiscent of the statue of Michaelangelo. Her knees are twice the size of her fellow cast mates. She has a male physique...no female fat areas.

Talula -- I think you meant Michelangelo's statue of David. :-)

47 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Talula -- I think you meant Michelangelo's statue of David. :-)

There is no fig leaf large enough to hide her balls.

I don't suffer ANY fools that lie about their health.

I would never trust, confide in or say anything in front of, or about her. I wouldn't say anything about  our mutual contacts either.

Most of us are happy/glad that Brooks was outed as a liar, but just think if YOU were ill and she went in search of your doctors/info?

Just because she can root out a lie and dedicated to truth, doesn't mean she is able to discern honest-to-god concern versus being a nosy asshole.

If brooks had been sick, I can see Mudhen organizing fundraisers, bake sales, offering to take over brooks' social media accounts and baking casseroles for both bicki and brooks.

• Love 3