Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I know this was posted a while back, but I just finished a marathon re-watch to get ready for this season. The thing that was bothersome for me about her reaction wasn't that she was upset, but that she seemed so surprised. Before the embryos were implanted she knew that the male was the least viable of all of the embryos. She knew the odds of that particular embryo taking were EXTREMELY slim. But, she really wanted to "give Jim a boy" which is phrasing I have always found to be a bit creepy. I'm not saying she had no reason to be upset. Of course, she had every reason to be disappointed, but this was something that she was prepared for as it was the most likely outcome based on what she had been told when the embryos were implanted. 

I understand what you are saying and why but Meghan still had the raging hormones from the IF treatments/procedure on top of the excitement of knowing 2 embryos were implanted, her hopes that both took were high and that isn't unusual. My husband and I have 1 son and then I started miscarrying, we so wanted a daughter as well, and even though we knew the chance of a successful full term pregnancy were slim, we were still devastated each time I lost a baby. I lost a total of 13, 1 before I had my son and 12 after him. We initially wanted 4 kids but then prayed for 2 and finally realized we were blessed to have 1 but nothing dulled the heartbreak with each baby we lost.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Meghan has a soap, candle and tchtchke line that she's been posting about on IG.

Kinda reminds me of hotel bath products. I think we know why Meghan returned to RHOC -- she will be promoting this.

She looks great there.  I like her ensemble, and taking the ratty extensions out shows she has good hair.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I understand what you are saying and why but Meghan still had the raging hormones from the IF treatments/procedure on top of the excitement of knowing 2 embryos were implanted, her hopes that both took were high and that isn't unusual. My husband and I have 1 son and then I started miscarrying, we so wanted a daughter as well, and even though we knew the chance of a successful full term pregnancy were slim, we were still devastated each time I lost a baby. I lost a total of 13, 1 before I had my son and 12 after him. We initially wanted 4 kids but then prayed for 2 and finally realized we were blessed to have 1 but nothing dulled the heartbreak with each baby we lost.

Hugs, @WireWrap.  Also, Meghan sounded excited at the possibility of one pregnancy, two kids, a boy and a girl.  Slim chance, but still a possibility.  It wasn't meant to be and her heart broke a bit.  I can't even remember how many times I didn't carry to term.  I quit counting at 13.  (Just didn't see a reason to keep counting, it was pretty obvious another one wasn't in the cards.  I still tried though, just in case.)  It's a complicated, emotional situation, IVF or not.  And very individual.

Also, I'm not surprised Jim is very hands on with the wee one.  My ex was that way too.  My sons are as well.  Babies and small children are like crack to them.  They just love them up, to pieces.  It's sweet to watch.  You wouldn't know it by looking at them, though.  They look like hard core, manly men that couldn't be bothered by nurturing young ones.  And yet they are just teddy bears with them.  I'm remarried now.  And in menopause.  It is what is.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MissMel said:

Hugs, @WireWrap.  Also, Meghan sounded excited at the possibility of one pregnancy, two kids, a boy and a girl.  Slim chance, but still a possibility.  It wasn't meant to be and her heart broke a bit.  I can't even remember how many times I didn't carry to term.  I quit counting at 13.  (Just didn't see a reason to keep counting, it was pretty obvious another one wasn't in the cards.  I still tried though, just in case.)  It's a complicated, emotional situation, IVF or not.  And very individual.

Also, I'm not surprised Jim is very hands on with the wee one.  My ex was that way too.  My sons are as well.  Babies and small children are like crack to them.  They just love them up, to pieces.  It's sweet to watch.  You wouldn't know it by looking at them, though.  They look like hard core, manly men that couldn't be bothered by nurturing young ones.  And yet they are just teddy bears with them.  I'm remarried now.  And in menopause.  It is what is.

Hugs back to you! I didn't need IVF, as the old saying goes, my husband was potent Pete and I was fertile Fanny, I just could not maintain my pregnancies. I had a sinus infection when I was pregnant with our son and that is why I was able to go to term with him. I have an over active immune system, good for me but horrid for pregnancies.  But, we have our miracle, our son and he has a daughter that we adore. Like the men in your family, my husband and son were/are hands on and they are still, a great dad/PapPap! Grandbabies are the next best thing to having more of your own!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Hugs back to you! I didn't need IVF, as the old saying goes, my husband was potent Pete and I was fertile Fanny, I just could not maintain my pregnancies. I had a sinus infection when I was pregnant with our son and that is why I was able to go to term with him. I have an over active immune system, good for me but horrid for pregnancies.  But, we have our miracle, our son and he has a daughter that we adore. Like the men in your family, my husband and son were/are hands on and they are still, a great dad/PapPap! Grandbabies are the next best thing to having more of your own!

Preaching to the choir, WireWrap.  Not a problem conceiving here, carrying to term is a different story.  To be honest though, grandbabies scare me.  I mean, I know they would be loved and cared for and all that stuff.  I just don't want to be put in the position to be hurt anymore in case it doesn't work out.  It scares me.  I'll take it as it comes and see how it works out.  No hurries though, if you get what I mean.  :)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MissMel said:

Preaching to the choir, WireWrap.  Not a problem conceiving here, carrying to term is a different story.  To be honest though, grandbabies scare me.  I mean, I know they would be loved and cared for and all that stuff.  I just don't want to be put in the position to be hurt anymore in case it doesn't work out.  It scares me.  I'll take it as it comes and see how it works out.  No hurries though, if you get what I mean.  :)

I get it, I was guarded during my DILs pregnancy but once our GD arrived, Oh my, the absolute joy that little girl has brought into our lives, it is unmeasurable!

• Love 6
22 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I know this was posted a while back, but I just finished a marathon re-watch to get ready for this season. The thing that was bothersome for me about her reaction wasn't that she was upset, but that she seemed so surprised. Before the embryos were implanted she knew that the male was the least viable of all of the embryos. She knew the odds of that particular embryo taking were EXTREMELY slim. But, she really wanted to "give Jim a boy" which is phrasing I have always found to be a bit creepy. I'm not saying she had no reason to be upset. Of course, she had every reason to be disappointed, but this was something that she was prepared for as it was the most likely outcome based on what she had been told when the embryos were implanted. 

I thought I was alone in that thought about Meghan. 

Of course I didn't understand why they just didn't use artificial insemination and then there was this long explanation about how this making a bunch of embryos was a better bet. 

I guess the next baby will also be a girl for the Edmonds since they have a few on ice.  I am thinking that is Meghan's next step Baby #2. 

• Love 1
On 7/13/2017 at 5:19 PM, WireWrap said:

They showcased the store, in California, last season. This is Jim's endeavor. LOL

I was going to go check it out the other day but it was a good 15 minutes out of my way and I decided it wasn't worth it.

5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Oh No, Meghan....you did not tweet this last night:

"It's a little hard for me to be sympathetic towards Peggy considering I've watched my mom go through exactly what she's going through..."

The comments are interesting.

https://twitter.com/MeghanKEdmonds/status/889654991727845376

I don't understand this at all.  I'm the least sympathetic and empathetic person ever, but just the talk of the chest expanders last night had me tearing up because I remember how painful that was for my mom.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Deleted. Want to tell us the jist? 

Well, she tweeted the quote above, The responses were many. People were not happy. No one defended her.

People were making comments such as "Peggy's mom DIED!" and "Everyone was supposed to sympathize with your IVF journey and you don't have sympathy for Peggy?"

Overall she lost a lot of fans judging by people who had supported her last year, and now have completely changed their opinion because of that comment.

I can see why she deleted it and I'm surprised that she left it up overnight.  She tried to defend herself by saying "at least it wasn't invasive cancer", or some such nonsense. 

Some people are posting screenshots of her deleted tweet on her current twitter and referencing it.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

Well, she tweeted the quote above, The responses were many. People were not happy. No one defended her.

People were making comments such as "Peggy's mom DIED!" and "Everyone was supposed to sympathize with your IVF journey and you don't have sympathy for Peggy?"

Overall she lost a lot of fans judging by people who had supported her last year, and now have completely changed their opinion because of that comment.

I can see why she deleted it and I'm surprised that she left it up overnight.  She tried to defend herself by saying "at least it wasn't invasive cancer", or some such nonsense. 

Gee. One should have empathy or sympathy for anyone who has cancer. I'm a little surprised but then I remembered she's not the brightest bulb in the room. Even the "at least it wasn't invasive cancer" is a diss to someone who has a war to fight within their own body. Very unPC. I'm sure ppl weren't sympathetic to her. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Gee. One should have empathy or sympathy for anyone who has cancer. I'm a little surprised but then I remembered she's not the brightest bulb in the room. Even the "at least it wasn't invasive cancer" is a diss to someone who has a war to fight within their own body. Very unPC. I'm sure ppl weren't sympathetic to her. 

You would think that she would have more sympathy, knowing what her mom went through. Instead she says "it's a little hard for me to be sympathetic towards Peggy..."

How does that even make sense? 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

You would think that she would have more sympathy, knowing what her mom went through. Instead she says "it's a little hard for me to be sympathetic towards Peggy..."

How does that even make sense? 

In her Mommy brain all that matters is how happy her little family is and no one is going to bust that bubble. 

• Love 4
On 7/25/2017 at 4:29 AM, Happy Camper said:

Oh No, Meghan....you did not tweet this last night:

"It's a little hard for me to be sympathetic towards Peggy considering I've watched my mom go through exactly what she's going through..."

The comments are interesting.

https://twitter.com/MeghanKEdmonds/status/889654991727845376

I'm not sure I follow her logic (not an uncommon experience for me and Meghan). Why would watching her mother go though an illness make her less sympathetic to others going through the same illness. Why can babies see ghosts? Why do I bother asking questions of The World According to Meghan? 

• Love 8

I have warmed a little to Meghan over the seasons, but let's not forget this was also the woman who made LeAnn's cancer all about herself!

She is really quite weird when it comes to cancer. At least Vicki was trying to keep her boyfriend. I don't understand Meghan's weird preoccupation with all things cancer.

• Love 7

Now that she's had her baby maybe she was going to disclose she has the gene and her storyline would have been her struggle with whether or not to have the preventative surgery and she's pissed someone took her storyline. Harsh, I know but so was her response.

• Love 3

Any chance flat affect Meghan just figures she had covered prophylactic  mastectomies with her mom and her brave decision to take the BRACA test?  The women has some serious issues about self-awareness.  Let's talk her baby and the idea she has to tolerate the other women.

I get she has a three year contract but why is she back?  Absolutely nothing to offer. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Because Lady Stetson and Aspen were both perfumes from the 70's?

If that's the reason than I would have gone with Tigress.

Yes!  I think they were Coty.   My aunt wore Lady Stetson

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Peggy has said at least twice that she did not have cancer.  She had a prophylactic mastectomy.  Preventative mastectomy remains a little controversial, and some believe that the differences between cancer mastectomy and mastectomy are blurred.  Angelina Jolie still has fans crying over her nonexistent cancer, because they are confused. 

I'm not at all defending Meghan's tweet, but there is a great deal of difference between women with breast cancer removing their breasts, and women doing it electively.  One still has cancer to fight while healing (and possible chemo), and the other does not.

• Love 3
On 7/13/2017 at 8:54 PM, WireWrap said:

We initially wanted 4 kids but then prayed for 2 and finally realized we were blessed to have 1 but nothing dulled the heartbreak with each baby we lost.

{{Wirewrap}}

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Peggy has said at least twice that she did not have cancer.  She had a prophylactic mastectomy.  Preventative mastectomy remains a little controversial, and some believe that the differences between cancer mastectomy and mastectomy are blurred.  Angelina Jolie still has fans crying over her nonexistent cancer, because they are confused. 

I'm not at all defending Meghan's tweet, but there is a great deal of difference between women with breast cancer removing their breasts, and women doing it electively.  One still has cancer to fight while healing (and possible chemo), and the other does not.

Mea Culpa. I thought that she had stated that they had found a 3mm spot and was faced with choices. Have a lumpectomy, or mastectomy for one or both breasts. That she chose to do both preventively to get the spot and have no further spots (as there would be no more breast tissue for them to form in). 

• Love 4

I didn't know where to post this (Vicki thread/Meghan thread/general howives thread) so I have decided to land the plane here!  I'm wondering how much Brianna is hating Meghan for taking over the newborn baby schtick and even worse.....Meghan having a super cute bambino!! Move over Brianna! Your kids are yesteryears news. And clearly, Meg's baby is the cutest thing on the OC franchise!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

There was an update to that blind gossip blind item

http://blindgossip.com/?p=82301#more-82301

That is a shame. This will crush her dreams. With all of the "investigating" skills that she used on Brooke's pseudo cancer diagnosis you think that she'd have had a clue on what her own husband is allegedly doing. She might not want to know or acknowledge it (a blind eye don't burst my bubble thing), but she's too young for the harsh scrutiny that the other housewives and SM will put her through. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

That is a shame. This will crush her dreams. With all of the "investigating" skills that she used on Brooke's pseudo cancer diagnosis you think that she'd have had a clue on what her own husband is allegedly doing. She might not want to know or acknowledge it (a blind eye don't burst my bubble thing), but she's too young for the harsh scrutiny that the other housewives and SM will put her through. 

I wonder if this has anything to do with them selling their OC home a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

There was an update to that blind gossip blind item

http://blindgossip.com/?p=82301#more-82301

Who will be invited to the sip and sigh?

• Love 2

I'm not a huge fan of Meghan's but wow. This is a crusher for her if it's true. Although her husband hasn't been known for being faithful so it wouldn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise her. Sad for her baby girl to not have her father in her life full time. Why do people keep having children in unstable relationships?

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with them selling their OC home a few weeks ago.

Who will be invited to the sip and sigh?

Nah, it'll be a gulp and grouse.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Fuck! Now we will have to hear Vicky crow about she just KNEW Jimbo would bolt. *Goes to the grocery for casserole fixings* 

You don't think that Vicki would seriously go into her kitchen to make a casserole for someone else? Vicki who lets her daughter drive from OK with a high pain level? Nope. She's the getter of casseroles, never the giver. 

• Love 7

What on earth was that top that Meghan was wearing?  It looked like a shield trying to hold her boobs up?  And, please do we need to see all the ostentatious gifts of Peggy and Diko?  They are boring and she is the most confrontational person I have seen on the show so far...., well, she and Vicki can take turns.

• Love 3

I can't believe Megan says things like "When he is not being an asshole" or "He is NOT beautiful".  Does she not realize he is in pro baseball and there have to be TONS of women who would love to have him??  If he cheats on her I would not blame him.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I love this because it isn't carefully crafted and I can so see Jimmy saying all of it.

I don't think they've filmed the reunion yet, have they?  If shit is so bad that Jimmy is getting involved, when he's made it pretty clear he wants no part of the HW BS, I have a feeling the reunion is going to be crazy.  Except Megan will probably just be kind of even keel and logical and bring receipts, it doesn't seem like she ever gets super nasty.

• Love 2