Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Thank you for recalling it correctly, @Grneyedldy and @Wirewrap.  I do remember Shannon saying what a great cook he was, or something to that effect, while he fussed over a roast or turkey he pulled out of the oven and chopped some stuff.  Then, I remember she was pissed because he didn't get enough wine, so she sent him out to get more, and it turned into a really uncomfortable situation. Tension abound.

I'm sure Shannon can cook well when she isn't restricting herself and her family.  For someone who does everything she can to live longer,,she really isn't living.  Have a steak, eat a piece of white bread once in a while!

• Love 1

Shane & Colton have said recently they were mean to her and regret most of what they said to her, which gives me hope for their future wives!

Really!? Do you remember where you read this? (In no way is this one of those provide-your-source-or-it-didn't-happen demands that pop up every so often--I simply would love to see that peckerhead Shane display a modicum of humility. Colton wasn't as bad.)

• Love 1

Thank you for recalling it correctly, @Grneyedldy and @Wirewrap.  I do remember Shannon saying what a great cook he was, or something to that effect, while he fussed over a roast or turkey he pulled out of the oven and chopped some stuff.  Then, I remember she was pissed because he didn't get enough wine, so she sent him out to get more, and it turned into a really uncomfortable situation. Tension abound.

I'm sure Shannon can cook well when she isn't restricting herself and her family.  For someone who does everything she can to live longer,,she really isn't living.  Have a steak, eat a piece of white bread once in a while!

Shannon used to have the recipe for the rolled roast beef with some sort of creamy horseradish filling rolled in peppercorns that David was famous for as well as her recipe for the scalloped goat cheese potatoes side dish on her website and they did indeed look mouth watering good. I just tried to go to her website and interestingly enough it has been scrubbed clean and just says coming soon?

• Love 3
(edited)

When someone at the dinner party asked him how he was doing he brushed it off and said  that it is totally curable.  One particular drug in an often a 4 or 5 drug combination causes hair loss.  Not everyone or every cancer gets that drug.

I remember Vicki  driving with her daughter to the hospital how she did not want to discuss her cancer it was too hard for her.  While she is in Florida who will be taking care of him while he is sick to death for 5 days  City of Hope in not in the OC maybe she will hire a driver.  Those carrots carried across the border should help.  Don't give up your will to live Crooks you have it very very good. This is the lowest of the low even for Brovo.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 2

I really hope Shannon and David make it - they need to laugh and play more.

Wonder if something from their past keeps them from being joyful - looked like they might have talked about that in the workshop.

I think what keeps them from being happy is Shannon. She's so depressing JMO

• Love 8

That might have been the most horrible scene I've seen on these shows, and that's saying something. I felt so bad for the girls. Not just for now, but when they're older, too - to look back and see their parents made them participate in that. You cheat on your wife and then ask your daughters to forgive you - can't you do that privately? They were smiling, too - not their fault - probably nervous giggles, but nothing about your father having an affair and your parent's marriage problems is funny. This whole marriage/affair/forgiveness storyline is so fake and staged and ludicrous.

I think the girls were smiling and giggling because this was a rehearsed scene that they wanted to do well on. The eldest daughter got tripped up on the whole "I'll forgive you but I wont forget" (totally paraphrased that supposed quote). That sounded like it came straight out of Shannon's mouth.

• Love 5
The eldest daughter got tripped up on the whole "I'll forgive you but I wont forget" (totally paraphrased that supposed quote). That sounded like it came straight out of Shannon's mouth.

Shannon probably made both daughters repeat that phrase 8 billion times & make them say it every day & night -- just to twist David's balls that much tighter.  Er, and why does he stay with her again?  Cuz she's just such oodles of fun & joy?

• Love 7

If they are going to have the Bedore's marriage problems every episode it's going to be a buzzkill. And I thought the eulogy therapy was a good idea but laying there like you're dead with your tombstone was really morbid.

Shannon does not seem happy to me. Both her and David acting lovey dovey and happy seems forced.

I don't think Tamra and Vicky are going to be great friends again. They are both toxic bitches.

Meghan has only been married for four months? Her and her husband sure don't act like they are still in the honeymoon stage. They don't seem happy to me either. Maybe they should go to Shannon and David's marriage counselor.

I don't think I can take a whole season of this marriage counseling.  I'm already bored with it and if I see Shannon cry one more time, I'm going to have a crying fit my damned self!!!  Enough already!  Let's fast forward to them being happy (if it ever happens).

And advice for Shannon:  Stop inserting yourself into Vicki and Tamra's frenemyship.  It can only turn out bad for you.  You see what happened to Gretchen. 

I'm already hating the new girl.  She's a little too full of herself for my taste.  And her husband treats her like a naughty child that has to be chastised all the time.  Don't like either one of them.

Don't know what to think of Vicki and Brookes.  He still seems so fake; like he's trying to come off a good guy but you know deep down he's a sleezeball.  If he really does have cancer, I wish him a speedy recovery though.  I'm not a total coldhearted bitch. ;-)

• Love 7

Finally got to watch the latest episode (seriously ,we put our company on an airport shuttle, said our goodbyes, and I was so relieved after 5 days to get things back to normal and watch RHOC.  Two hours later they call and their flight had been cancelled, and they were coming back!  They are not fans, so no watching, and today's flight didn't leave until 4).  Anyway, I plunked myself down and watched.  

Heather, pretentious as usual, cut by now I'm just used to it.  But the white one shoulder outfit was hard to look at.  Not flattering.  Stick to your usual black. 

Shannon.  Oh my.  Where to start.  That woman doesn't know whether to wind her ass, or scratch her watch.   Push push push and when David does have an affair, you can relax because it means months of various whack job counseling sessions.   His affair was probably the best thing that happened to her.  He has to be remorseful, keeping quiet when he inadvertently missing that you want a kiss.   He won't make eye contact with any female at a party because she may go into her eye blinking poor-me persona.  She is a whole bag of nuts.  And, clearly, she didn't get the memo that when the new season starts, everyone "moves on".  

New girl.  Hmmmmm.   Husband a jerk, step-daughter basically laughing at you, and you are sure this will work.  Ok, but honey don't unpack those bags just yet.

Tamara.  Ah  it's nice to see some things don't change.  Invite her to a nice party and she will bring it down to a kegger at a trailer park.   Why does she have to scream all the time??    She is not witty, pretty, or even entertaining.   She does seem desperate.  She's  longing to have the life style she once had with Simon, only without Simon.  

Vickie.  Ok this is by far the best she has looked in years.  But, I would hate to have people say "oh she looks good, her face has finally settled down".   Didn't she recently sell the house?   Maybe that was the reason for her party at her house so early in the season.    She seemed more at ease, and not nearly as annoying.   Brooks may be a jerk, but for whatever reason she thinks he makes her happy (probably because he allows her to control everything).   As for his cancer diagnosis, I'm not ruling it out - yet.   I have a good friend who had pancreatic cancer, went through an unbelievable gruesome procedure (his only chance at beating it), and two years of chemo.   Lost a bit of weight, but never lost a strand of hair.   My SIL (as some of u know) is at the end of cancer, and during her last several rounds of chemo - her hair actually grew back.  So, I'm not going to say he's faking it.    Vickie does seem like the type who would investigate, see proof, demand information.  Cripes look how involved she was when he got his teeth done, can you imagine her with a more serious diagnosis. 

• Love 6

*Small voice* regarding Shannon and David, but as much as Shannon seems like a complete buzzkill, I can relate to her despair and paranoia. Having experienced the mind f that is gaslighting from the person you love and trust most in the world and specifically regarding the existence of an affair, I cannot empathize with David whatsoever. It takes a special kind of coward and skeeze to passively aggressively practically throw evidence in their spouse's face (receipts), and then cry "You are crazy," when confronted!

The affair itself is horrible, as is the direct lying when confronted, but actively making someone doubt their own sense of reality and intuition is egregious. It is inhumane to make someone doubt their own sense of safety and security. Maybe Shannon was unpleasant prior to David's affair, but my hunch is that she is gutted, exhausted and deeply depressed as a result of trying to keep her family together and stay in denial after repeated affairs or "indiscretions".

• Love 19

Jim Edmonds made one of the most spectabular outfield catches in major league baseball history about 18/19 years ago.  It was an over the shoulder, diving catch where he was basically fully horizontal in mid-air.   Some feel it is even better than the one they always show Willie Mays making.   

Interestingly enough, he always went by "Jim" then, but I never lived in the city where he played.   Maybe only cool people like the Dubrows call him Jimmy. 

I don't remember Jimmy either, but Wikipedia states his nicknames were - "Jimmy Baseball" and "Jimmy Ballgame".

Im use to viewers changing opinions of HWs but I cant believe how quickly those who have liked Shannon has stopped liking her. To me shes the realest one of the show and probably amongst a lot of HWs.

As much as a lot of fans complain about that they want more realness on these shows I would had thought for some this been in it. And this is RHOC since the beginning we have seen women have troubled marriages and relationships and their insecurities this isnt some new trend that started with Shannon. Marriage is not always sunshine and daisies - it takes work if you want to save it. Shannon is a nag and stress ball but I dont expect this to change overnight.

Now I do agree Sha/Dav's marriage woes shouldn't eat the show and there needs to be a balance in the show. Plus this was filmed about 8 months ago so yes she was in a bad place emotionally.

I haven't given up on Shannon yet.  Everyone's saying - no wonder David cheated on that joyless hag.  It can also be said that Shannon is a high strung, neurotic mess because she's seen signs of cheating forever, and David's been telling her she's "crazy" and "paranoid".  It's a what came first question.

David looks so miserable and watching this is even more painful than last year. I didn't think that was possible. I kind of liked Shannon but thought she was a drama queen with a persecution complex. Heather and Tamra were bitches but it's high school stuff. If you don't want to have people talk, don't tell. Shannon must have been a mess at 16 if she didn't learn that lesson.

But she's really got problems. The scenes from next week look bad and I think her problems are just being shown. I've never seen less chemistry between a couple than this. It's not about saving a marriage, it's about fixing a mistake.  Sometimes, it's for the best. JMO.

I'm sure the definition of "high school stuff" varies person to person.  I can guarantee that when I was in high school, no one chased me around the house like a dog, restraining me and physically holding my head, as I begged to be left alone.  While simultaneously two people (one a MD) calmly discussed calling 911 and having me committed because I was dangerous.  That is unforgiveable.  Terry being an MD carries more weight in that kind of situation.

• Love 13

*Small voice* regarding Shannon and David, but as much as Shannon seems like a complete buzzkill, I can relate to her despair and paranoia. Having experienced the mind f that is gaslighting from the person you love and trust most in the world and specifically regarding the existence of an affair, I cannot empathize with David whatsoever. It takes a special kind of coward and skeeze to passively aggressively practically throw evidence in their spouse's face (receipts), and then cry "You are crazy," when confronted!

The affair itself is horrible, as is the direct lying when confronted, but actively making someone doubt their own sense of reality and intuition is egregious. It is inhumane to make someone doubt their own sense of safety and security. Maybe Shannon was unpleasant prior to David's affair, but my hunch is that she is gutted, exhausted and deeply depressed as a result of trying to keep her family together and stay in denial after repeated affairs or "indiscretions".

I get what you're saying, but Shannon should have stayed off tv while dealing with all this. For her and David to allow cameras to film when their family is vulnerable and trying to recover from his affair(s) shows me they are just fame whores. I guess I could understand if they needed the money. No I actually take that back nothing should mean more to them then their family. I'm so disappointed because last year I was a huge Shannon can.

• Love 8

I get what you're saying, but Shannon should have stayed off tv while dealing with all this. For her and David to allow cameras to film when their family is vulnerable and trying to recover from his affair(s) shows me they are just fame whores. I guess I could understand if they needed the money. No I actually take that back nothing should mean more to them then their family. I'm so disappointed because last year I was a huge Shannon can.

Shannon basically said last year when they were introducing her that they had always had an unhappy marriage. She talked of getting pregnant on the honeymoon and never really gelling as a couple. She talked of never having been away together, and of him working all the time. She admitted she did the show in the first place because she thought it might help her marriage to see if all played out on TV. Bottom line, there is zero excuse for his affair, but he didn't interrupt some happy marriage. It was already desperately sad. Shame on them for showing it to the world.

• Love 10

*Small voice* regarding Shannon and David, but as much as Shannon seems like a complete buzzkill, I can relate to her despair and paranoia. Having experienced the mind f that is gaslighting from the person you love and trust most in the world and specifically regarding the existence of an affair, I cannot empathize with David whatsoever.

This is why I would personally advise anyone who truly loves their spouse who has sex with someone else to leave and would do so myself. Because you don't get over it. You keep punishing and punishing and living in paranoia that no therapy or treatment fixes. If it's just a conveinence marriage, then it probably wouldn't matter, but I think Shannon is like Vicki in that she desperately needs a man to want her and need her. And David doesn't and that isn't going to change. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Meghan has a  very looooonnnngggg, skinny neck and a big head. Who ever compared her to ET is spot on! 

That's it! I saw her first from the back and thought something was off. Good call whom ever it was.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Shannon basically said last year when they were introducing her that they had always had an unhappy marriage. She talked of getting pregnant on the honeymoon and never really gelling as a couple. She talked of never having been away together, and of him working all the time. She admitted she did the show in the first place because she thought it might help her marriage to see if all played out on TV. Bottom line, there is zero excuse for his affair, but he didn't interrupt some happy marriage. It was already desperately sad. Shame on them for showing it to the world.

I'm aware of all that and I can understand not knowing what to expect since it was her 1st season. Shannon found out about this affair before this season started. She now knows what being on tv entails and how it can negatively affect your life. For them to knowingly go into this season with all their baggage was a disservice to their children and their fragile marriage.

• Love 5

Shannon probably made both daughters repeat that phrase 8 billion times & make them say it every day & night -- just to twist David's balls that much tighter.  Er, and why does he stay with her again?  Cuz she's just such oodles of fun & joy?

My thoughts on adultery have always been, "why cheat when leaving someone these days is so much easier than any other time in history?" This may be the only time I cheer for the cheater to get the hell out. I really can't grasp why this man stays with this woman other than for the sake of the children but don't those girls deserve parents who at least tolerate each other?

• Love 6

I kind of have to wonder, why was the older daughter going through her dad's phone anyway?

I don't buy this bullcrap for one moment!  I bet it was more like Shannon going through David's phone and running to the older daughter yelling, "Look what your father is doing!!!  He's cheating!!!  Your dad's a piece of shit!!!  Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!"  Either that, or she has her daughter check his phone daily so that she herself doesn't get caught doing it.  Shannon is really pathetic this season.  David really needs to drop that sucker of all things pertaining to life.

• Love 12

I need to get me to my annual exam at Today's Vision and see if my prescription has changed because I don't think Meghan is anything special either. And her neck is really long in her talking heads. I keep zeroing in on her neck during them. [snip]

YES YES YES!! This is what I've been saying in my head since I first laid eyes on her. Such a long neck, disproportionately so. Other than that, I think she's a natural beauty. Emphasis on natural. Nothing over the top about her looks, she's got that All-American Girl, Southern California vibe going for her and she dresses well. Sophisticated and tasteful without trying too hard. That said, she's gonna be a trouble maker by the looks of things.

• Love 3

Im use to viewers changing opinions of HWs but I cant believe how quickly those who have liked Shannon has stopped liking her. To me shes the realest one of the show and probably amongst a lot of HWs.

As much as a lot of fans complain about that they want more realness on these shows I would had thought for some this been in it. And this is RHOC since the beginning we have seen women have troubled marriages and relationships and their insecurities this isnt some new trend that started with Shannon. Marriage is not always sunshine and daisies - it takes work if you want to save it. Shannon is a nag and stress ball but I dont expect this to change overnight.

Now I do agree Sha/Dav's marriage woes shouldn't eat the show and there needs to be a balance in the show. Plus this was filmed about 8 months ago so yes she was in a bad place emotionally.

I see that too! She called the child "her favorite" last night so I sensed the grooming and she'll be getting more camera time. And I hate calling kids not cute but yea. Plus she was nasty last year when they went to dinner and was all under the table. Heather missed some home training lessons. The only cute kids on housewives are Miliana, Portia and PHaedra's.

I did like her last year but I always hated the way she treated David, she scolded him, chastised him in front of guests, in front of strangers (us), belittled him, treated him like she would her girls.and she is still doing it and expecting things to change. She said she was making changes and things were better but from what I see she still thinks he can't do anything right by her and David knows he can't fulfill the role she wants him to play in her little world. She makes him read her eulogy, and still bitches about his delivery, he walks out of the room to get ready for a party and she starts to pout that he left with out kissing her for the camera. I do believe that his public penance apology and asking forgiveness from the girls on camera was all Shannon's doing. And I do believe that she will never forgive him, that it will always be there for her, that she will always bring it up in a fight.

I hate that he cheated it was an asshole thing to do, but I also can see why he was motivated to cheat. Shannon can emotionally suck someone so dry that they give up, their body is present, they say the right words that are expected and desired,  but their soul has checked out. 

• Love 8

I know that if my marriage was on shaky grounds, and we had lost touch with each other, my first option would be to go on a TV reality show!!!!  Both Shannon & David are self-absorbed, and they are getting something besides a paycheck out of this.  

As a side note.  My daughters live-in boyfriend of 5 years cheated on her - badly (with someone she knew).  She never saw it coming, and was devastated.  I went back to help her move out of their apt. He, of course left town while I was in town.   She took her last load down to the car, and I said I'd be right down.   I had in my purse a seam ripper, and other seemingly innocent items.  I took the seam ripper, and clipped every other stitch of all of his suit pants.  Knowing that perhaps not immediately, but at the right time, he would sit down and the entire crotch would open wide up!!!  Then I took out the block of blue cheese, and found his good winter gloves & overcoat at the back of the closet (this was the beginning of summer).  I stuffed those gloves and pockets with the cheese!   I "accidentally" left the refrigerator door open just a bit, then on my way out shut off the air conditioner.    I left him a voice mail.   "If you ever speak to her or get in touch with her again, I will come after you, and it won't be pretty.   Remember, when it comes to my kids, I AM NOT AFRAID OF PRISON!!!   Now you will send her a check for the deposit and moving expenses for her new place".     He did!  Today she is happily in a new relationship, and he's still the sniveling POS I had always suspected ;-)

Bottom line, if you are unhappy, talk it out, leave - but don't cheat!

• Love 12

I am giving Shannon some slack so far. I have a feeling that she knew or suspected something fishy in her marriage early in her first season and has been on edge ever since. Kind of like Camille from BH. How humiliating, whether you were a nag or not, to have all that come out after you are already in the public eye. Unlike Kelsey, I do like David and Shannon together so I'll give them some time to either get their shit together or take your stressful marriage off tv and get some help. I think what we're watching right now is Shannon in her head going "shit, wtf do I do now" every time the cameras are on.

• Love 7

I just don't get why people who are in a very fragile marriage like David and Shannon would agree to be on this show.  Not only that, but to have their torturous therapy sessions broadcast to the world, and to subject their daughters to it?  It's all very tragic. 

It's also depressing and hard to watch on a Monday night.  If this show doesn't cheer up soon I'm probably going to have to stop watching.  I mean, like Mondays don't already suck enough?

Tamra is still so, so two-faced.  She trashes Brooks in her THs and with Eddie, but is oh-so-sweet to his face.  She's such a coward.

The new girl is really full of herself.  Wife #3 who swans around and pretends she's #1.  Was she the cause of the breakup of marriage #2?  Inquiring minds.

Also, do we know who David cheated with?

• Love 5

I know that if my marriage was on shaky grounds, and we had lost touch with each other, my first option would be to go on a TV reality show!!!!  Both Shannon & David are self-absorbed, and they are getting something besides a paycheck out of this.  

As a side note.  My daughters live-in boyfriend of 5 years cheated on her - badly (with someone she knew).  She never saw it coming, and was devastated.  I went back to help her move out of their apt. He, of course left town while I was in town.   She took her last load down to the car, and I said I'd be right down.   I had in my purse a seam ripper, and other seemingly innocent items.  I took the seam ripper, and clipped every other stitch of all of his suit pants.  Knowing that perhaps not immediately, but at the right time, he would sit down and the entire crotch would open wide up!!!  Then I took out the block of blue cheese, and found his good winter gloves & overcoat at the back of the closet (this was the beginning of summer).  I stuffed those gloves and pockets with the cheese!   I "accidentally" left the refrigerator door open just a bit, then on my way out shut off the air conditioner.    I left him a voice mail.   "If you ever speak to her or get in touch with her again, I will come after you, and it won't be pretty.   Remember, when it comes to my kids, I AM NOT AFRAID OF PRISON!!!   Now you will send her a check for the deposit and moving expenses for her new place".     He did!  Today she is happily in a new relationship, and he's still the sniveling POS I had always suspected ;-)

Bottom line, if you are unhappy, talk it out, leave - but don't cheat!

AMAZING!! Sounds like you may be related to my mother. I don't feel sorry for David, I feel sorry for Shannon. It's an awful feeling to live with that paranoia and make yourself think that you are to blame. I wish she hadn't come back this season, that scene with her daughters was so uncomfortable to watch. I felt like I was intruding on something private and inappropriate. I hope she figures out a way to find happiness within herself.

• Love 5
I don't feel sorry for David, I feel sorry for Shannon.

I don't feel sorry for either of 'em.  Why feel sorry for Shannon?  She chooses to stay with him.  Look, I don't think anyone should get involved in the particulars of a relationship, except the peeps involved in that relationship.  Shannon involving the daughters, in the way I suspect she did, was manipulative & just all kinds of wrong, especially cuz they're so young.  Nobody should get involved in a relationship/marriage -- parents, kids, friends, whatever, except if there is violence going on.

I never really cared much for Shannon, so I'm not doing a total turn-around on her.  Last season I definitely did NOT like how she was treated by both Heather & Tams.  They were horrible to her.  But Shannon hasn't changed.  Not in the least.  She's still the same jittery, joyless mess she was last season.  She's just continuing to throw her shitty marriage in our faces & I'm not much caring for it or about it.  

It's kinda like Vicks & Brooks.  If they wanna stay together, stay together.  I don't give a fuck.  At least Vicks & Brooks seem happy.  I think he's a vile lazy conman, but if that's what she wants, it ain't my business.  And if Shannon & David wanna stay together & continue to make each other miserable, have at it.  But enough about their crap marriage, cuz I really don't care anymore.

• Love 4
(edited)

Shannon needs to find ways to make herself happy. She seems to have no joy. Her house is sterile looking, her cooking is unimaginative, her interests are just distractions that feed her OCD, i.e., nine lemons, hang the crystals just so. She has education and work experience, so she is possessed of some intelligence and reasoning ability.

At the age of fifty, why can't she try to find her joy? She needs to be in counselling alone, you ask me.

Who knows why people go on TV with this stuff? But it interests me.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 6

I'm going to stick up for Brooks.  If he'd yammered on about his health situation, he would have been condemned for that.  If he'd called it "our" house, instead of Vicki's house, he would have been condemned for that, too.  Cancer's horrible enough, even without a zillion people scrutinizing every twitch and pore to build a case against you.  Torches and pitchforks can always be purchased later from the giftshop in the lobby.

• Love 13

I'm going to stick up for Brooks. If he'd yammered on about his health situation, he would have been condemned for that. If he'd called it "our" house, instead of Vicki's house, he would have been condemned for that, too. Cancer's horrible enough, even without a zillion people scrutinizing every twitch and pore to build a case against you. Torches and pitchforks can always be purchased later from the giftshop in the lobby.

Seriously, I don't wish him ill, but it's not going to get me going if he's "faking." I'm not invested in his fate at all.

And seeing cancer treatments is less fun than Shannon's "retreat," which was NO fun at all. Can't understand why Meghan or anyone would else would make it their business unless they were asked to contribute cash toward his care or carry his bed pan or such.

• Love 5

Why is it that Tamra always has to "out" someone. She delves into others business then with fervor and fullness of ire she MUST REVEAL ALL TRUTHs. If it isn't Gretchen, it's Alexis. If it isn't Alexis it's Brooks. If it Brooks, it's Shannon or Lizzie. Although it is quite vile, her "psyche" would make for fascinating psychological studies.

• Love 9

Did we ever learn which type of cancer Brooks has/had? 

Tamra, ugh, really? Had to just blurt out anal at the dinner table then throw whatshername under the bus about it?  Trashy and uncouth as ever. 

I wonder if Brooks will be enjoying family time at Disney World with Vicki and kids or did Brianna forbid it?

• Love 1

AMAZING!! Sounds like you may be related to my mother. I don't feel sorry for David, I feel sorry for Shannon. It's an awful feeling to live with that paranoia and make yourself think that you are to blame. I wish she hadn't come back this season, that scene with her daughters was so uncomfortable to watch. I felt like I was intruding on something private and inappropriate. I hope she figures out a way to find happiness within herself.

I do think Shannon must have felt awfully gaslighted last year between Heather and Tamra setting her up and David telling her she was crazy.  My sympathy for David having to endure a nag is pretty slim.

Before Shannon and David went on RHOC they had their house on the market.  I am thinking that was the motivator to appear on the show.  David most likely agreed because he would unload the albatross of a house and be free to pursue his happiness without having to feel a big financial crunch.  The $150,000.00 or more paycheck Shannon would be receiving probably didn't hurt either.  Last season after Shannon whined about not ever having an away weekend with David and then magically he invites her to spend the night at a hotel, as they got in her car he dogged her about her car being messy.  So I think the OCD and perfection thing goes both ways.  Shannon's may present itself in more of the "what will others think?" while David may be just an all around fuss budget with his perfectly gelled hair and everything in its place.  So maybe this couple who found each other later in life both had issues with being fussy and had no idea over the years how this quest for perfectionism comes off.

I am surprised with Shannon's army of feel good people, she and David didn't check with a child psychologist to see the wisdom in the children accepting apologies and the children accepting apologies on TV.  It was uncomfortable for me. There must have been some reason they decided to go to a marriage therapy situation some nine months after the discovery of the affair.   Perhaps David is a little more brutal in the finance department and it made Shannon and the girls feel insecure.  It doesn't take much for him to stop bidding on projects and surpress his income.  Shannon worry may have been that he would rather finance a bachelor lifestyle than work and support a family in the manner they had become accustomed.

• Love 1

I will confess the rate at which the tides turned against her is surprising to me as well. I thought that the change in fan reaction towards Heather on the NY show was swift, but Shannon's is much more so.

My opinion hasn't changed. I thought she was a loony bag of need last season, an opinion that didn't change just because Tamra and Heather were mean to her. This is pretty much always the formula. Someone can be crazy and not well liked, but if it appears they are being picked on, suddenly they are loved. I have never gotten this at all. Just because someone is being treated in a manner that isn't right, doesn't make them a great person. In Shannon's case she went from being heavily criticized on this and pretty much every forum I read for the first half of the season, to being named the Most Loved HW of all Time.  You couldn't cobble together 2 dozen people that liked her in the beginning. Then Heather and Tamra go to work and she is suddenly a hero.  Makes no sense to me at all. She didn't stop being a crazy person just because people were  mean to her and she responded well to them. 

I know the narrative here is that Shannon is so real. This is what she is going for on Twitter (and I will say, she is being extremely interactive with her followers). For me this doesn't work. She might be showing us a real issue in her life, but it is being largely recreated for us on film. The affair was in April, and they filmed these scenes in January. They waited 9 months to do that counseling deal - until they were filming again. Does anyone believe that the timing was just a coincidence? That they just happened to decide that January was the right time? I believe that like I believe I will ever be a size 2 again. She was being hammered away at on Twitter for allowing her kids to be part of something so hurtful on camera with David's apology, and she responded that the conversation we saw was far from the first time they had had such a conversation or that he had apologized. Of course they had talked about all of this before.  Clearly they are both still miserable, but they are just rehashing conversations they have already had for the camera. So yea, the issues are real, but she is very fake in the way that she is delivering it to us all for the sake of a storyline. 

• Love 10

Did we ever learn which type of cancer Brooks has/had? 

Tamra, ugh, really? Had to just blurt out anal at the dinner table then throw whatshername under the bus about it?  Trashy and uncouth as ever. 

I wonder if Brooks will be enjoying family time at Disney World with Vicki and kids or did Brianna forbid it?

He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, Stage 3, undefined as to the particular type. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkinlymphoma/detailedguide/non-hodgkin-lymphoma-types-of-non-hodgkin-lymphoma So without further information as to the particular type it is pretty hard to speculate on what he should look like or as Tamra put it what level of chemo therapy.  I have no idea what Tamra meant by that and thought it was really none of her business.  Short of Brooks, with Vicki's assistance pretending to go to chemo appointments it is a huge reach for any of the co-stars to comment on his course of treatment.  Some people have infusion, some have oral and many NHL people receive bone marrow transplants.  So without Brooks giving us further information it really isn't Tamra's business to ask.  Most cancer patients I know do not want to hear from friends and loved ones let alone people who hate them about others' cancer treatment.  http://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkinlymphoma/detailedguide/non-hodgkin-lymphoma-treating-general-info

I hold Vicki equally responsible if Brooks is perpetuating a fraud about having cancer.  I hope Dr. Dubrow doesn't decide to weigh in.  After his misdiagnosis of Alexis's sinus issue - we saw the proof with her plastic surgeon/ENT pulling the wad of stuff from her sinuses.  Most plastic surgeons are really well versed in oncology protocol.  Just as most oncologist would not do a tummy tuck.

• Love 4

He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, Stage 3, undefined as to the particular type. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkinlymphoma/detailedguide/non-hodgkin-lymphoma-types-of-non-hodgkin-lymphoma So without further information as to the particular type it is pretty hard to speculate on what he should look like or as Tamra put it what level of chemo therapy.  I have no idea what Tamra meant by that and thought it was really none of her business.  Short of Brooks, with Vicki's assistance pretending to go to chemo appointments it is a huge reach for any of the co-stars to comment on his course of treatment.  Some people have infusion, some have oral and many NHL people receive bone marrow transplants.  So without Brooks giving us further information it really isn't Tamra's business to ask.  Most cancer patients I know do not want to hear from friends and loved ones let alone people who hate them about others' cancer treatment.  http://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkinlymphoma/detailedguide/non-hodgkin-lymphoma-treating-general-info

I hold Vicki equally responsible if Brooks is perpetuating a fraud about having cancer.  I hope Dr. Dubrow doesn't decide to weigh in.  After his misdiagnosis of Alexis's sinus issue - we saw the proof with her plastic surgeon/ENT pulling the wad of stuff from her sinuses.  Most plastic surgeons are really well versed in oncology protocol.  Just as most oncologist would not do a tummy tuck.

I would hope that this is not just a story line, can't imagine anyone faking cancer just for a story line on a dumb reality show.  Having some knowledge of the "collateral damage" from the effects of chemo Brooks does seem to be holding his own very well.  I wonder if he has had his spleen removed as part of his treatment, (it used to be part of the therapy, not sure if they do it these days). 

I am sooo looking forward to Napa, really I am.  The need for vacation porn is upon us!  Also I want to see more of the golf cart ride with Shannon and David, methinks that weekend of therapy was an expensive bandaid.

• Love 1

I will confess the rate at which the tides turned against her is surprising to me as well. I thought that the change in fan reaction towards Heather on the NY show was swift, but Shannon's is much more so.

My opinion hasn't changed. I thought she was a loony bag of need last season, an opinion that didn't change just because Tamra and Heather were mean to her. This is pretty much always the formula. Someone can be crazy and not well liked, but if it appears they are being picked on, suddenly they are loved. I have never gotten this at all. Just because someone is being treated in a manner that isn't right, doesn't make them a great person. In Shannon's case she went from being heavily criticized on this and pretty much every forum I read for the first half of the season, to being named the Most Loved HW of all Time.  You couldn't cobble together 2 dozen people that liked her in the beginning. Then Heather and Tamra go to work and she is suddenly a hero.  Makes no sense to me at all. She didn't stop being a crazy person just because people were  mean to her and she responded well to them. 

I know the narrative here is that Shannon is so real. This is what she is going for on Twitter (and I will say, she is being extremely interactive with her followers). For me this doesn't work. She might be showing us a real issue in her life, but it is being largely recreated for us on film. The affair was in April, and they filmed these scenes in January. They waited 9 months to do that counseling deal - until they were filming again. Does anyone believe that the timing was just a coincidence? That they just happened to decide that January was the right time? I believe that like I believe I will ever be a size 2 again. She was being hammered away at on Twitter for allowing her kids to be part of something so hurtful on camera with David's apology, and she responded that the conversation we saw was far from the first time they had had such a conversation or that he had apologized. Of course they had talked about all of this before.  Clearly they are both still miserable, but they are just rehashing conversations they have already had for the camera. So yea, the issues are real, but she is very fake in the way that she is delivering it to us all for the sake of a storyline. 

I didn't really think of Shannon as crazy and perhaps that is because I am surrounded by a lot of new age people who use alternatives therapies and treatments in their lives.  Even my dad's older brother (87) recently visited my dad to go to my dad's acupuncturist.  I am still longing for the days when one could throw a party and not have to deal with vegans, vegetarians, gluten free and yeast free party goers.  Needless to say throwing some steaks on the grill as become quite complicated.

I agree with you I don't get this full on marital therapy nine months later -  I mean how many times are you going to scratch open the scab?  I am glad to hear that the David apologies weren't first round and this is bordering on re-enactment.. 

To me, the difference between cheering for the underdog (like a Brandi) and Shannon's case is she really didn't do or say anything to Tamra or Heather to get the treatment she got.  I will say I think she was initially brought on because of her house- OC didn't really have a mansion last year and the Beadors' home and Heather's commentary provided both the real estate porn and Heather being a twit and competitive.  Also, I think people honestly enjoyed Judy, Lydia's mom and I can't think of many who thought she deserved the treatment she did by Ryan.  So maybe with Shannon's counter culture and New Age stuff they thought they would have Judy without the marijuana and the fairy dust, although at times I think Judy needs to dump a big bucket of fairy dust on Shannon.

• Love 3

That's very odd! At least squeeze some lemon on it?! My husbands sister eats dry salad too. I know no one else who does that...even worse, she eats cereal dry! Not out of the package as a snack, but actually pours it in a bowl, and uses a spoon to eat it dry. My kids snacked on dry cereal in the car as a snack, when they were toddlers...

Organic turkey for Thanksgiving once...it was dry as all out. I think it would only work if fried...Worst Tday meal I ever made. I can't imagine Shannon's dinners. David should just eat something on the way home from work just in case it's one of those dinners.

Too bad for her it is the cereal that is the health risk.

• Love 3

I think what keeps them from being happy is Shannon. She's so depressing JMO

But what in Shannon's past keeps her from allowing herself to be joyful - that's what I think she needs to figure out.

• Love 4

Here's my two cents about the first couple of episodes:

Tamray is absolutely disgusting.  I rewatched last years' reunion the other day, because so many were talking about how uncomfortable Shannon was when the others were talking about how David is a flirst.  What I couldn't get over was Tamra's FACE.  That is the ugliest face I think I've ever seen.  So awful that it is absolutely PAINFUL to look at.  That nasty bitch's insides have permenantly settled on her face.  Her beady eyes, and that mouth.  Holy shit, can you imagine wakng up to that mug every morning?  No wonder Eddie looks so damn miserable all the time.  She was so vile at that reunion, I couldn't imagine Vicki or Shannon ever wanting to be in her presence after that.  She was also so nasty and classless with Lizzie.  Talking about her "Kentucky fried titties" can you even imagine someone saying such a thing.  So crass.  I'm so disappointed that those rumors about Tamra getting fired weren't true.  I just can't even look at her, she makes me physically sick.  And that screeching she does.  Just awful

I have always enjoyed Vicki, and she looks FAB this year!  I don't see how it would be possible for Brooks to be lying about having cancer.  You know Vicki has spoken with his doctors, gone with him to appointments, etc...  The only possible way for a fakery to be going on is if Vicki is in on it too, and I really can't imagine that.  Especially with her concern over Brianna, when they had the cancer scare a couple of years ago.  I just can't see Vickie doing that.  I'm also over the Brooks hate. He and Vicki seem to really love each other, and if he makes her happy, I say "Go for it."  She is a grown ass woman and doesn't need those other bitches or her often bitch-of-a-daughter all involved in her love life.  I like that Heather and Shannon have always been supportive of Vicki and Brooks, not always looking for the worst in him.

I also really like Shannon.  I just wish she could calm down some.  If she doesn't, I don't think her marriage will make it.  Have some fun, for God's sake!  You have a beautiful family, don't have to worry about money, so try to fight all of your anxietites and let loose!  We've seen that she can be tons of fun.  I loved Vicki and her in the ocean last year cutting up.  With their drinks in the raft, losing their drinks when they overturned the raft, and laughing.  It was one of my favorite scenes;  Lucy and Ethel and their escapades on vacation.

Can't get a read on Meghan yet, but that husband of hers is a jackass.  They've been married only four months???  And he gets pleasure from humilating her on camera?  Wow, what a catch!

I enjoyed seeing Jeana and Lizzy at Vicki's party.  Wish they were both back full-time, as they bring a bit of normality to the group.   

• Love 8

Also I want to see more of the golf cart ride with Shannon and David, methinks that weekend of therapy was an expensive bandaid.

I agree.  Sure looks like David was simply going thru the motions.  And I agree with others that he's marking his time until the girls are 18 and out of the house.

I know it sounds like I'm defending him and trust you me, I'd NEVER defend a cheater, but damn.    Shannon and David are CLASSIC examples of why men cheat.  C.L.A.S.S.I.C.    A guy that feels nagged on and emasculated will go find someone that makes him feel happy and good.   Shannon is constantly picking on him about every little thing.   As a matter of fact, when they had that beautiful lunch in Mexico, that's specifically what he told her.  "I just want to be happy."   Apparently, Shannon didn't listen, evidenced by her continual nagging.   

Granted, David should man up and leave, but of course, that's easier said than done especially with children involved.

• Love 8

It did hit me if Brooks lying about his cancer it wouldn't be far fetched. Remember Kim Z did the same thing on the RHOA reunion in S1. Did she Really have cancer? I do remember she had crocodile tears and she still smoked cigarettes.

Do we know if there are any Chili's in the OC?

It’s not a party until you hear Tamra screeching about anal.  Stay classy, Tamrat!

I wonder if Simon was ably to a refund after discovering her etiquette lessons didn't work?

Anyone willing to explain the Sara Winchester references?  I assume we're not talking about the Sarah Winchester - the one with the curse.

Wouldn't that be awesome if Dean and his brother showed up to perform an exorcism on Tamra?

This Sarah Winchester (I don't recall if she was related to THE Winchesters) was a friend of Alexis's who was kicked out of Heather's party for nibbling on the cake of honour before the proper time. As she was escorted out, she incredulously asked "Is this the world we live in?"

• Love 4

Here's my two cents about the first couple of episodes:

Tamray is absolutely disgusting.  I rewatched last years' reunion the other day, because so many were talking about how uncomfortable Shannon was when the others were talking about how David is a flirst.  What I couldn't get over was Tamra's FACE.  That is the ugliest face I think I've ever seen.  So awful that it is absolutely PAINFUL to look at.  That nasty bitch's insides have permenantly settled on her face.  Her beady eyes, and that mouth.  Holy shit, can you imagine wakng up to that mug every morning?  No wonder Eddie looks so damn miserable all the time.  She was so vile at that reunion, I couldn't imagine Vicki or Shannon ever wanting to be in her presence after that.  She was also so nasty and classless with Lizzie.  Talking about her "Kentucky fried titties" can you even imagine someone saying such a thing.  So crass.  I'm so disappointed that those rumors about Tamra getting fired weren't true.  I just can't even look at her, she makes me physically sick.  And that screeching she does.  Just awful

I have always enjoyed Vicki, and she looks FAB this year!  I don't see how it would be possible for Brooks to be lying about having cancer.  You know Vicki has spoken with his doctors, gone with him to appointments, etc...  The only possible way for a fakery to be going on is if Vicki is in on it too, and I really can't imagine that.  Especially with her concern over Brianna, when they had the cancer scare a couple of years ago.  I just can't see Vickie doing that.  I'm also over the Brooks hate. He and Vicki seem to really love each other, and if he makes her happy, I say "Go for it."  She is a grown ass woman and doesn't need those other bitches or her often bitch-of-a-daughter all involved in her love life.  I like that Heather and Shannon have always been supportive of Vicki and Brooks, not always looking for the worst in him.

I also really like Shannon.  I just wish she could calm down some.  If she doesn't, I don't think her marriage will make it.  Have some fun, for God's sake!  You have a beautiful family, don't have to worry about money, so try to fight all of your anxietites and let loose!  We've seen that she can be tons of fun.  I loved Vicki and her in the ocean last year cutting up.  With their drinks in the raft, losing their drinks when they overturned the raft, and laughing.  It was one of my favorite scenes;  Lucy and Ethel and their escapades on vacation.

Can't get a read on Meghan yet, but that husband of hers is a jackass.  They've been married only four months???  And he gets pleasure from humilating her on camera?  Wow, what a catch!

I enjoyed seeing Jeana and Lizzy at Vicki's party.  Wish they were both back full-time, as they bring a bit of normality to the group.   

Tamera is the Honey Boo Boo of the OC. She may not be overweight but she's got the crudeness and mentality of that clan bone marrow deep.

TRAILER TRASH QUEEN of the OC in perpetuity.

• Love 8

On the subject of the tides turning against Shannon, it is impressive. I chalk it up to victim hood being one of Shannon's strongest personality traits. It's her sweet spot. With no one picking on her she's just annoying. Of course, I'm one of the very few who never liked her, not ever. I never saw this great person who was struggling to be real. I saw a deeply wounded (to the point of being a little dangerous) and manipulative narcissist. This is not that same thing as defending David, because I'm not so wild about him either, but I don't think he could have ever been good enough for her. I don't think anyone could ever be good enough for her. I see someone who will always find a way to be betrayed by everyone in her life. Her daughters should get ready because they will betray her too. Everyone betrays Shannon. They have affairs, or talk about how she might divorce her husband, or hold hands with Tamara. Whatever, but never forget, it's all about Shannon.

As for how she has been treated: my guess is David has had many affairs and she has known/not known for years. The kids finding out just forced the issue into public light. Tamara was awful to her and Tamara is just awful. Terry was really bad too. Heather? Ehhh, I saw that as more of a tit for tat kind of thing. Heather and Shannon could both be pretty petty and awful with eachother. I got why Shannon didn't like Heather, but I also got why Heather felt like she had become Shannon whipping boy for absurd shit too.

• Love 9

I didn't really think of Shannon as crazy and perhaps that is because I am surrounded by a lot of new age people who use alternatives therapies and treatments in their lives.  Even my dad's older brother (87) recently visited my dad to go to my dad's acupuncturist.  I am still longing for the days when one could throw a party and not have to deal with vegans, vegetarians, gluten free and yeast free party goers.  Needless to say throwing some steaks on the grill as become quite complicated.

I agree with you I don't get this full on marital therapy nine months later -  I mean how many times are you going to scratch open the scab?  I am glad to hear that the David apologies weren't first round and this is bordering on re-enactment.. 

To me, the difference between cheering for the underdog (like a Brandi) and Shannon's case is she really didn't do or say anything to Tamra or Heather to get the treatment she got.  I will say I think she was initially brought on because of her house- OC didn't really have a mansion last year and the Beadors' home and Heather's commentary provided both the real estate porn and Heather being a twit and competitive.  Also, I think people honestly enjoyed Judy, Lydia's mom and I can't think of many who thought she deserved the treatment she did by Ryan.  So maybe with Shannon's counter culture and New Age stuff they thought they would have Judy without the marijuana and the fairy dust, although at times I think Judy needs to dump a big bucket of fairy dust on Shannon.

I don't care is Shannon uses alternative therapies or delves into new age beliefs. That's fine for certain aspects of her life but I believe that she has gravitated towards them hoping that they will also fix something that only she herself can fix with a therapist or psychologist if she is willing to do the work required of her.  She's got deep issues, none that require an "I Love Me" jacket" that the Dubrow's and Tamera insinuated last season but she does need to get help if she wants to save her marriage.

Nine lemons in a bowl, crystals in the bedroom, food restrictive fads, and Dr. Moon's healing hands isn't going to fix your marriage. Neither will a couples retreat if you don't own up to your part of the dysfunction in the relationship that you are responsible for and change that behavior. 

Her whining about David walking out and not kissing her this episode set my teeth on edge. It's the little crap like that day in and day out that is going to drive him out of the house.

Keep doing what you're doing Shannon and David is gonna walk.

• Love 8

Its sad that our society nowadays finds more sympathy for the person who cheats vs. The person cheated on. I'm not saying Shannon is a saint...but if one isn't happy in a marriage then leave before having an affair. When the person cheated on is blamed, it kind of let's the.person who cheated off the hook.

Also, I'm on the fence with how Shannon acted at vicki's party. On the one hand, its perfectly organic and realistic to be stand offish with people who gas lit you...but at he same time, being so stand offish gives heather and Tamra an upper hand.

Lizzie came in and was cordial with Tamra...which caught her off guard...so Tamra couldn't just boo hook about Lizzie whatsoever.. and so Tamra had to make nice.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/06/the-group-teen-mom-golden-girls/

• Love 6

I don't care is Shannon uses alternative therapies or delves into new age beliefs. That's fine for certain aspects of her life but I believe that she has gravitated towards them hoping that they will also fix something that only she herself can fix with a therapist or psychologist if she is willing to do the work required of her.  She's got deep issues, none that require an "I Love Me" jacket" that the Dubrow's and Tamera insinuated last season but she does need to get help if she wants to save her marriage.

Nine lemons in a bowl, crystals in the bedroom, food restrictive fads, and Dr. Moon's healing hands isn't going to fix your marriage. Neither will a couples retreat if you don't own up to your part of the dysfunction in the relationship that you are responsible for and change that behavior. 

Her whining about David walking out and not kissing her this episode set my teeth on edge. It's the little crap like that day in and day out that is going to drive him out of the house.

Keep doing what you're doing Shannon and David is gonna walk.

Maybe what Shannon should be focusing on is not having the last word.  Perhaps from growing up with an over critical mother she is unaware how her last comments are always construed as nagging or overly critical.  A missed kiss cue on screen should just be left alone--we get it you are working on your marriage PDA is not the answer.

I feel like all Shannon has to offer in the marriage is her forgiveness of the affair.

Its sad that our society nowadays finds more sympathy for the person who cheats vs. The person cheated on. I'm not saying Shannon is a saint...but if one isn't happy in a marriage then leave before having an affair. When the person cheated on is blamed, it kind of let's the.person who cheated off the hook.

Also, I'm on the fence with how Shannon acted at vicki's party. On the one hand, its perfectly organic and realistic to be stand offish with people who gas lit you...but at he same time, being so stand offish gives heather and Tamra an upper hand.

Lizzie came in and was cordial with Tamra...which caught her off guard...so Tamra couldn't just boo hook about Lizzie whatsoever.. and so Tamra had to make nice.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/06/the-group-teen-mom-golden-girls/

I agree about the party and there was a lot of really bad publicity towards Heather, Terry and Tamra after last season because of the way they treated Shannon and David.  I kind of figured they all would tread slowly.  However, things didn't get off to a wonderful start when Vicki demanded David look her in the eye while speaking to her. 

• Love 1