Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 10/5/2023 at 6:53 AM, Haleth said:

I love that they brought him back but I feel like the commercial could have been better.  Kind of lost potential unless this is going to be a continuing theme of libbity bibbity replacing Doug.

The Libbity Bibbity guy reminds me of a young David Boreanz (maybe even from when he was Kelly Bundy's boyfriend in Married with Children)! 

I just wish they'd get rid of their tag line; so annoying.

• Like 3

I'm not ashamed to admit it: I love the Just Eat music video commercial featuring Christina Aguilera and Latto so much, I've rewatched it several times on YouTube. And that's without knowing a damn thing about Just Eat. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 2

The 2 women talking on the phone with an Aetna agent about Medicare totally crack me up.

The Johnny Walker ad with the song Walk This Way. The guy in the red and white striped pants walking while squatting - I don't think I ever could have done that! I keep trying to figure out what city it is in the last shot with the couple on a bridge at night with fireworks. I don't recognize the skyline but, in my head, I've made it Paris.

• Like 2

There's a great commercial for Discover's cash back debit card with Jennifer Coolidge. She's so so disappointed to learn from her waiter (who's patiently sitting at her diner booth trying to get her to hand over her card) that it's not just her  - everybody gets cash back - even Debbie John: "All those years that I couldn't find my bike and it was in her garage." The acting, the lines, the setting and the camera angles are perfection. It's hysterical. I usually fast forward most commercials (especially the ones where people are so gosh darn happy about their medications), but this one I had to rewind and watch twice. (Well, this one and the Temptations ad with the disdainful cat in the limo who's out clubbing.)  

• Like 3
On 10/4/2023 at 2:21 PM, sempervivum said:

Seems to be new, and at the top of my 'favorite' list- the Liberty Mutual ad where 'Doug' is told on set that his character is going to have a piano fall on him. The past actor who played the 'Liberty-bibberty' spokesman is taking over! Too funny.

I love Limu’s reaction to “Biboo!”

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I like Martha. There, I said it!

In the greater scheme of some of the really awful/annoying Medicare commercials, Martha is the least annoying.  She does get on my nerves at times but is better than most.

It has apparently been out for several months now, but I just saw this Dr. Rick commercial for the first time this morning:

It was just mildly amusing until "Oh, I'm just paying for my own salad".  The actor nailed the delivery on that one, and his facial expression is even better -- he perfectly plays the guy as not considering for even a nanosecond the notion that is actually the cost of his salad.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

I am that guy looking at the board trying to figure out WTH all the ingredients are for the different salads.   It's like a science project!

I am also that woman saying no apples on the salad!  That doesn't sound right!

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 4
20 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I am that guy looking at the board trying to figure out WTH all the ingredients are for the different salads.   It's like a science project!

I am also that woman saying no apples on the salad!  That doesn't sound right!

I make a chicken, pecan, apples and red lettuce salad with a red wine vinegar dressing that works nicely.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, Bastet said:

It has apparently been out for several months now, but I just saw this Dr. Rick commercial for the first time this morning:

It was just mildly amusing until "Oh, I'm just paying for my own salad".  The actor nailed the delivery on that one, and his facial expression is even better -- he perfectly plays the guy as not considering for even a nanosecond the notion that is actually the cost of his salad.

And his wallet is stuffed with notes, receipts, and other pieces of paper.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

There must be something seriously wrong with me because I love the new Car Shield commercial with Ice-T and a woman I don't recognize treating this guy like a suspect and interrogating him at the transmission repair shop about his failure to cover his car with insurance.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
59 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

There must be something seriously wrong with me because I love the new Car Shield commercial with Ice-T and a woman I don't recognize treating this guy like a suspect and interrogating him at the transmission repair shop about his failure to cover his car with insurance.

I actually kind of like that one, too. Especially the end when they're walking away and the guy is like "So, can I go?"  Yes, yes, I think you can.  "overpaying for car repairs" is not a crime.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I usually can't stand the Car Shield ads, but I do like this one.  The woman is an actress, Vivica A. Fox, who's done several of these ads.  I didn't like her in the other Car Shield ads, but she and Ice-T have a good vibe in this one. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I usually can't stand the Car Shield ads, but I do like this one.  The woman is an actress, Vivica A. Fox, who's done several of these ads.  I didn't like her in the other Car Shield ads, but she and Ice-T have a good vibe in this one. 

Oh okay, my son would know her. He and my DIL like to watch Lifetime movies ironically. I think they make a good team on here.

• Like 3

I sort of like that CarShield one, too, and I HATE all the other ads for them. I am similarly sheepish about liking a bit of that Buffalo Wild Wings commercial where the buffalo is singing and says he used to sing on cruises. One of the humans asks him what made him stop and he says "[beat]...the cruises." Something about that delivery just amuses me.

• Like 4
On 11/2/2023 at 5:37 PM, jcbrown said:

I sort of like that CarShield one, too, and I HATE all the other ads for them. I am similarly sheepish about liking a bit of that Buffalo Wild Wings commercial where the buffalo is singing and says he used to sing on cruises. One of the humans asks him what made him stop and he says "[beat]...the cruises." Something about that delivery just amuses me.

Yes, I have inadvertently seen that ad a couple of times and the delivery/timing amuses me too -- too bad the rest of it is so cringey.

• Like 2
On 10/7/2023 at 10:06 AM, tanyak said:

I’m still really loving all of the Wendy’s spots.

Best they've ever had.  I ❤️ that group of “employees”…giving the GEICO gang a run for their money.

10/10 would watch a Christmas special with them in it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I like the Macy's commercial with the little boy looking through the store and ends up handing Santa a pair of slippers. He also walks by the toy section but puts his hand up so he doesn't get side tracked. I've had to do that a few times as a kid. 

• Like 7
  • Love 5

I was at a friend's house this weekend when a package from Chewy was delivered.  I sang "The peanut butter box is here" and she had no idea what I was talking about.  How do you watch TV and not know that commercial?!  Obviously, I immediately went to her computer and rectified the situation for her.

(When I looked it up, I saw there are a bunch of shirts and other merch with "The peanut butter box is here" on them.)

• Like 3
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I was at a friend's house this weekend when a package from Chewy was delivered.  I sang "The peanut butter box is here" and she had no idea what I was talking about.  How do you watch TV and not know that commercial?!  Obviously, I immediately went to her computer and rectified the situation for her.

(When I looked it up, I saw there are a bunch of shirts and other merch with "The peanut butter box is here" on them.)

That's what we say too!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Still loving those Wendy’s commercials. “Bag boys, bag boys…”😂

My new favorites are the Etsy ones set to the Mission Impossible theme. I love that they aren’t professional singers. Also, I sing and narrate my tasks, so I feel nicely seen with these commercials!

• Like 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Bastet said:

I just ordered from Chewy for the first time last week because I love their commercials and had coupon.  I'll continue to do so.

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I just ordered from Chewy for the first time last week because I love their commercials and had coupon.  I'll continue to do so.

I started ordering from Chewy at the beginning of the great wet cat food shortage that the pandemic brought us. I only knew about them from the ads on tv. I've never looked back.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I started ordering from Chewy at the beginning of the great wet cat food shortage that the pandemic brought us. I only knew about them from the ads on tv. I've never looked back.

Same. I get all of Elizabeth's food from them and when Peaches was still with me, I got her prescriptions there. I love Chewy.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

Does anyone know the song on this comm.  I love it a lot but I realize too it may just be local.  It's for King Soopers (Kroger) and its clay animation and it's about foreign exchange students.  It's just very sweet.  Thanks

On 11/6/2023 at 7:05 AM, andromeda331 said:

I like the Macy's commercial with the little boy looking through the store and ends up handing Santa a pair of slippers. He also walks by the toy section but puts his hand up so he doesn't get side tracked. I've had to do that a few times as a kid.

I love this one! No one ever thinks about giving to Santa, and I so like this generous kid. Also that he had to put his hand up past the toy section, yet stayed to his mission!

• Like 7
11 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I started ordering from Chewy over a year ago and won't go back. With all feral cats I have I'm buying multiple 30# bags of kibble and cases of wet food monthly. These guys eat a lot!!

I really like not having to shlep the food in the stores and load in and out of my car! Just unload the box on porch and bring the food in! Easy, peezy!

Another plus, the cats love the big boxes!!😸

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Another plus, the cats love the big boxes!!😸

Owner: Buys/orders stuff for their cat(s)

Cat(s): Okay, but the boxes...

My family should really look into using Chewy, apparently. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
11 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

It's a great company.  It was bought out by Petco many years ago, and I thought that would be the end of its famous customer service, but to this day I haven't noticed even the slightest decline; I'd have lost big on that one if I was a gambler.

You can get a person - all of whom seem to have been vetted as true pet people before being hired - on the phone, they'll bend over backwards to fix even the slightest error whether or not it was their fault, they tell you to donate returns rather than shipping them back, and if they find out your pet died, they send flowers.

I still do most of my buying from an independent local pet food/supply store, because I'm fortunate enough to have that option, but despite the Petco buyout and my general aversion to big business when I have a small business alternative, I have zero qualms ordering from Chewy the times they can do what my local retailer can't.

And, of course, they have great commercials. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Owner: Buys/orders stuff for their cat(s)

Cat(s): Okay, but the boxes...

I learned that after adopting my cat. Everyone around me has dogs so there was no one to tell me that cats love boxes more then anything. And bags.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I started ordering from Chewy over a year ago and won't go back. With all feral cats I have I'm buying multiple 30# bags of kibble and cases of wet food monthly. These guys eat a lot!!

Chewy's too expensive for me.  I get the Walmart brand for the ferals I feed.  And Friskies there for my indoor cats.  Much cheaper than Chewy.  But I do tend to love their commercials, especially the peanut butter box.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Chewy's too expensive for me.  I get the Walmart brand for the ferals I feed.  And Friskies there for my indoor cats.  Much cheaper than Chewy.  But I do tend to love their commercials, especially the peanut butter box.

I'm in the boonies in MT and by the time I'd drive to town to get to a Walmart and back home the price of gas would eat up any lesser price for the food than what I pay to Chewy. Plus it is delivered to my door and I have  fewer times I have to lift the heavy bags of kibble. Since fracturing a vertebrae in my back and breaking 3 ribs at the end of last year,  lifting heavy things is not a good thing for me to be doing. 

Yeah, my feral cats are spoiled, but the enjoyment I get just watching them play, and loving on the few that are more social makes the Friskies worth it to me.  I'm a hermit basically and don't go far from home, except for dr appointments, so it works for me in the end. 

I'm going to have to start singing the peanut butter box song now when the deliveries come!   😸 😸 😸

Edited by Gramto6
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 5