Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E14: It's A Fickle, Fickle Game / S30.E15: Worlds Apart Reunion

• Start Topic

I hope Joe makes it far this time. I believe he is one that will attempt to improve his game. Hopefully being so ingrained in people's minds doesn't make him a threat. He, Spencer, Stephen, and Woo should team up. I think they'll all be targets.

Joe seemed like a guy that could go to the end from the first time I saw him. I would love to see him do it this time. I have a good feeling about this season, but we just came off of possibly the shittiest season ever, so I think watching actual howler monkeys, stingrays and dead fish hanging out wearing buffs would be a step up from the crap heap of season 30.

• Love 7

Carolyn seemed very surprised by the lack of votes.  I thought she had it, and I think she did, too.  Also somewhat surprised by her exclusion from S31.  Maybe people assumed she won so they didn't vote, on top of the lack of campaigning she was allowed to do.  Jeff did say everyone that didn't make it might get another shot in the future.  

• Love 2

I love Andrew Savage and I am so happy that he was voted back on to S31. I remember the morning after the day that he was voted out staying home from work (as a lawyer, like him!) because I was so upset and someone on TWOP (where I was hanging out obsessively) telling me that I needed to get a life.

• Love 5

Rodney got off unbelievable easy. They sat him in front, like he was important, they gave his stupid loud suit lots of attention that he didn't know was sarcastic, and instead of the ten minute "best of Rodney" segment that we'd all been looking forward to, they gave him a cake. And, sure there was a little sarcasm involved there, too, but, again, it's not like he was actually smart enough to recognize it. Rodney walked out of there feeling totally proud of himself.

• Love 17
(edited)

I'm really surprised about how much Terry looked like Mitt Romney.

Can't believe T-Bird didn't get in.  No love for the Africa cast?

And that must sting for Carolyn that Shirin got in over her.

I'm actually blanking on Jim Rice.....why did love him so much?   (I guess after 30 seasons, you forget a few.)

I'm not sure that even Fairplay got under Jeff's skin like Dan did.  I've never seen Jeff go off like that.

Too bad for Joe that they don't do the Sprint text your favorite anymore.  He would have gotten some extra cash easily.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 10

BTW, did Mike kind of dance around the auction question as to whether it was a bad move or if he should have apologized for it?

I wonder if Rodney has man bun envy.  Looks like he's growing his hair out.

Rodney got off unbelievable easy. They sat him in front, like he was important, they gave his stupid loud suit lots of attention that he didn't know was sarcastic, and instead of the ten minute "best of Rodney" segment that we'd all been looking forward to, they gave him a cake. And, sure there was a little sarcasm involved there, too, but, again, it's not like he was actually smart enough to recognize it. Rodney walked out of there feeling totally proud of himself.

He said as many misogynistic asshole comments as Dan and Will, but he definitely got off easy. I think JP knew that he could shame Dan the easiest, because he has the most self awareness of the three (scary, I know). There would have been outrage if he didn't address Will. Rodney is just too stupid and belligerent to ever admit he was wrong, so why try to argue with a brick wall? Making fun of him was an easier route.

• Love 14

I feel sorry for Carolyn. Not only did she not get on Second Chances, she tied Will for votes. As in 1. 

Outside of Dan, no one deserves that. 

Yeah, I was very surprised she only got one vote.  Whoever said Rodney would refuse to vote for a woman, spot on.  

I was also surprised Carolyn didn't get on next season.  I'd actually like to see her play again.  She definitely deserved it more than those interchangeable young women (I agree with whoever said WHO THE HELL IS MONICA?  SERIOUSLY, who is she??) and I include Ciera in that too.  Big whoop she voted off her mom.  She sucked.  And since Theresa didn't make it, even more surprised Carolyn didn't.  Are there any women over 40?  Maybe Kimmi but not by much.  Oh wait, KASS.  Ugh.  

• Love 4

BTW, did Mike kind of dance around the auction question as to whether it was a bad move or if he should have apologized for it?

I wonder if Rodney has man bun envy. Looks like he's growing his hair out.

He looked like his man crush Joaquin with the slicked back hair. I wish they had bothered to even pan across the other people that played the game so we could see if they were twinsies.

• Love 2

Thank goodness Mike won, he deserved the win and even in the reunion it was hands down that Mike would have taken it home no matter what. He did good game play and I feared for Carolyn during the fire starting challenge I thought she was gonna lose but good thing she won and beat Rodney proving Rodney's uselessness even more.

Rodney has to be the dumbest person ever in the history of Survivor. He makes J'Tia look like Russell Hantz. Voting Will because Will kept it real. Okay Rodney whatever. Just an all around idiot, completely useless during challenges and sweet talked his way into absolutely nothing. 

Will had no damn gameplay at all and loved Shirin calling him a dead fish compared to Stingray and Howler Monkey that Mike and Carolyn got. That's exactly what Will was, a dead fish. 

How great was Jen at TC when she called them out for being bitter that they got outplayed by Mike. I was rooting her on when she reamed them out. Thing of gold and beauty.

Dan is just a bitter person, he's just too damn angry and really has no reason to be mad at Mike for playing the game the way he did. Dan just has no self-awareness of how he comes off to people at all. Even at the reunion he was an ass. 

Shocked that Carolyn didn't get voted in for a final chance as I voted for her many times. I never voted for Kass so that sucks that I have to see Kass again, but happy that Tasha, Spencer, Woo, & Joe got in.

I don't know why they invite the entire cast to the reunion when they know they weren't going to be speaking the majority of them during the reunion like creepy ass Victor, he really had no reason to be there at all. 

• Love 7

I wonder if Rodney has man bun envy.  Looks like he's growing his hair out.

I don't think Mike danced around it. He answered it how I would have: he regrets going back on making the move he was about to make, but doesn't regret making the move by itself.

• Love 5

WHO THE HELL IS MONICA?  SERIOUSLY, who is she??

She was on Russell Hantz's first season, she stood up to him and really got under his skin, she told him if she was on the jury, she would vote based on need, and he didn't need the money. Really freaked him out, so I like her.

• Love 3

"Will, you can ask Shirin to forgive you, but you don't get to TELL her to forgive you. That negates your apology."

Yes, and didn't he say Jesus would have to tell her to forgive you, or something like that? To me it was, I'll forgive you if you forgive me first.

• Love 6

Shut up, Dan.

I was scared that the only happy ending for a reality show that I watch would be Jordan & Sarah winning The Challenge. Good for Mike. It was like watching Tom Westman make it to the win, if Tom had his back to the wall through half the game. We might have lost a S31 contestant, but we gained a worthy winner.

Shut up, Dan.

Anybody wanting the winner of the Reward Challenge to take Rodney Sr. on the love-in? Oh, and Jeff? Stop making me like Rodney. He's not CT. CT had to work hard to not look like a thug. Rodney is a wanker, pure and simple. That said, I would've liked to have seen Rodney win the fire-making challenge just so Shirin could go off on him.

Shut up, Dan.

Surprised Shirin didn't turn the flame on Will up to 11. Anybody else feel that if contestants were music acts, she'd be a cover band? In her defense, she'd make for a kickass cover band. And I'm happy she made S31.

No, shut UP, Dan.

Why have the reunion? In the speculation thread, I put the over/under on ignored contestants at 9.5. Between the overflow of the voting and the S31 announcement, eleven cast members didn't have a say. I think that's a record. I know that nobody is really interested in Nina's beef with Jenn and Hali, or how big a nutjob Vince might be, but it would have been nice to -- I dunno -- have the S31 announcement on another night.

Shut the fuck up, Dan.

I don't think Probst has ever laid into anybody like he did with Dan. And Dan didn't even quit the game. He rolled the fatass under the bus, then produced a bogus suicide note. I will say that it kinda/sorta sucks Dan didn't make it to Day 36, because I would've wanted to see the person that would marry Dan Fucking Foley. Seriously. What the hell?!?

Dan, shut up.

I'll say it . . . Keith was eleventh among males. I guess voters love spitting. I'm happy with the cast, though I'm stumped as to how Shane didn't get enough votes. The man probably would have been a "character" even if he didn't go cold turkey on Exile Island. I'm not a betting man, but I'd lay a few bucks on a dark horse like Kimmi. Also Shirin, because I like her. Here's hoping the sympathy doesn't result in a backlash and an early boot.

Fuck you, Dan. And take off the suit, Rodney, you blue collar ignoramus. Seriously, I hope his family smacks him around. Hard.

• Love 17
(edited)

Really hate all the people who gave Cas a second chance. The rest are a mix of either I like them or I'm indifferent to them.........but Cas can't get voted off quick enough for me.

If Shirin had known she was going to be playing a again so soon she'd never have dropped that info at final tribal that she made her "first" million at 25......wonder how many second chancers caught that and if it'll come back to haunt her .

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 9

So after Shirin saying Carolyn had her vote, she voted for Mike? Because it showed Sierra voting for Carolyn, and Carolyn only got one vote, right?

I don't know that she said she had her vote, just that she was still in the running.

I totally didn't get her analogy of the stingray, howler monkey, dead fish and doing 'what nature intended'.  Throwing the dead fish back?  It made no sense.  Since it seemed like she ended that abruptly, maybe she lost her train of thought.

• Love 3

So after Shirin saying Carolyn had her vote, she voted for Mike? Because it showed Sierra voting for Carolyn, and Carolyn only got one vote, right?

Shirin said Mike didn't have her vote on lock, I think she said Carolyn was "in it."  But never promised her the vote.  Sierra was apparently the only vote for Carolyn.

• Love 5

Jeff may say that Mike is a likable winner, but not by this fan. Will and Dan said so many atrocious things it's easier to forget what an ass Mike was in the beginning. I never ever warmed to the guy and every time they showed his happy dance I got more annoyed.

Some of the girls up for second chances I have no recollection of and I've watched every episode of this show since season 2.

• Love 4

Really hate all the people who gave Cas a second chance. The rest are a mix of either I like them or I'm indifferent to them.........but Cas can't get voted off quick enough for me.

If Shirin had known she was going to be playing a again so soon she'd never have dropped that info at final tribal that she made her "first" million at 25......wonder how many second chancers caught that and if it'll come back to haunt her .

I have a feeling Kass will get voted off early.  And probably be put on a tribe opposite Spencer and Tasha.  She didn't get my votes, but not surprised she made it.

I also wonder if Shirin will regret anything she said/did, especially about the million dollars she made in her twenties.  Not sure why she even brought that up to begin with, other than to make herself feel superior.  We've seen Brian Heidek try to hide his lifestyle back home during Thailand, and Gary Haugboom not wanting people to know about his NFL career.  Self made millionaire aside, I believe Shirin won't have any game, will cling to people, annoy the hell out of them, and get voted off. 

I'll say it . . . Keith was eleventh among males. I guess voters love spitting. I'm happy with the cast, though I'm stumped as to how Shane didn't get enough votes. The man probably would have been a "character" even if he didn't go cold turkey on Exile Island. I'm not a betting man, but I'd laid a few bucks on a dark horse like Kimmi. Also Shirin, because I like her. Here's hoping the sympathy doesn't result in a backlash and an early boot.

I voted for Keith.  I liked the guy, as clueless as he might have been.  Up against better candidates, he likely wouldn't have gotten my votes.  But against Culpepper, Max, Jim, Terry, and Troyzan?  Yep.

I'm glad so many old schoolers made it on.  I hope there's good, actual game play going on.  No pettiness over new vs old school, or targeting people you had beef with on your respective seasons.  After this shit fest known as S30, I want some fun and strategy.

• Love 7

Aside from Woo and Vytas(?), I barely remember any of them.

I said tonight on twitter that I apparently don't recognize any of these people when they're cleaned up. Once they get a little dirty again, I'll remember who they are!

• Love 8

Shane!!! What? I wanted to see him and his Blackberry again so badly. Yay for Pei-Gee. Most of the survivors I voted for got on. So excited for next season.

• Love 1

Jeff may say that Mike is a likable winner, but not by this fan. Will and Dan said so many atrocious things it's easier to forget what an ass Mike was in the beginning. I never ever warmed to the guy and every time they showed his happy dance I got more annoyed.

Some of the girls up for second chances I have no recollection of and I've watched every episode of this show since season 2.

I also have a low tolerance for 35+ year old men doing a "happy dance." It was usually just for the camera too. If he did it in front of Rodney, Will and Dan when he beat them, just to piss them off, it would have been better.

That row of 4 girls where 2 made it and 2 didn't was the token bikini squad. Every single one of them is only remembered because of their association with a man. Mikayla was Brandon's Jezebel, Natalie was Boston Rob's second vote that came in second to him (in the season that was handed to him), Monica "stood up" to Russell and promptly got voted out, and I think Stephanie was part of Russell's "dumb girl alliance" on the season where he got voted out.

• Love 2

I'm still puzzled over Savage's inclusion. I mean, I have to get up for work in five hours and I'm thinking about this. He was such a condescending jackass and such a dick to Lil, yes she was annoying but he went overboard.

Burton may have been an idiot but he is so damn pretty I'm bummed he wasn't included.

I hope this cast of second chancers don't all have pre-existing friendships outside their seasons like some past seasons. It makes it less fun.

• Love 5

I'm not terribly surprised about Shane.  Very surprised by Kimmi and Savage.  I thought, from the old school seasons, Kelly, Jeff, and T-Bird had the best shots.  This made me feel all nostalgic and want to go back and binge watch some of the older seasons.

I wonder if Joe and Jenn are dating.  Joe hesitated when answering the single question, and Jenn kind of poked at him a little.  Could just be their playful nature.

I also have a low tolerance for 35+ year old men doing a "happy dance." It was usually just for the camera too. If he did it in front of Rodney, Will and Dan when he beat them, just to piss them off, it would have been better.

That row of 4 girls where 2 made it and 2 didn't was the token bikini squad. Every single one of them is only remembered because of their association with a man. Mikayla was Brandon's Jezebel, Natalie was Boston Rob's second vote that came in second to him (in the season that was handed to him), Monica "stood up" to Russell and promptly got voted out, and I think Stephanie was part of Russell's "dumb girl alliance" on the season where he got voted out.

Minor point, but I think Kelley Wentworth was in that group of 4, while Stephanie was in a group with Theresa and Peih-Gee.

• Love 2

And that's how he'll be remembered, if he's remembered at all. But he wanted to be memorable, and I guess he got it.

Be careful what you wish for. I feel like this season was like watching a bunch of knock offs of other "beloved" players. Casting was so sloppy. They really could have just called this "Survivor: Poor Man's _____"

Rodney is the discount Boston Rob.

Dan saw himself as the new Rupert, a lovable gruff hairy pirate guy.

Vince with the feathers in his hair probably saw himself as a blonder, younger Coach. He tried to make Jenn his Jerri Manthey, but she had none of it.

I think Shirin (with her constant quoting, past season facts and general homaging) seemed to want to be a compilation of the best survivors ever, and I would love for her to just focus more on being herself.

• Love 7

Reunion show was the biggest train wreck I've seen in some time. Never seen a winner get less screen time. Dan, fuck off forever. Will, fuck off forever. Will's wife, you have shit taste in men. Rodney, go do more steroids. I hate you all.

Can't believe Troyzan didn't get a second chance.

Dan, get dead, fuckboy.

• Love 6

Be careful what you wish for. I feel like this season was like watching a bunch of knock offs of other "beloved" players. Casting was so sloppy. They really could have just called this "Survivor: Poor Man's _____"

Funny. Me and my wife referred to Joe as Dollar Store Ozzy.

• Love 9
(edited)

First time I ever fast-forwarded through 90% of the show because I was so certain of how predictably it would go.  At every step.  Alas, I was not disappointed.     "Fickle, Fickle Game" my ass.   What a cheap ploy to make us think some great twist was in the offing. 

Worst season yet.   Worst jury council ever.   ("Most unique jury council ever," Jeff?  Really?  How do you figure?)  Is it a thing now where one member of the jury is assigned to serve as public advocate for the winner apparent?   I seem to recall it happening for the last few seasons.   STFU, Jen.   And Shirin with all that self-indulgent agony.   I thought for sure she was going to tell us her dream about being in a refrigerator.

If I've unwittingly repeated anyone's previous complaints, I apologize.   I skipped past the previous 9 pages.  I've wasted enough of my life on this season and these terrible people already.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

I'm not terribly surprised about Shane. Very surprised by Kimmi and Savage. I thought, from the old school seasons, Kelly, Jeff, and T-Bird had the best shots. This made me feel all nostalgic and want to go back and binge watch some of the older seasons.

I wonder if Joe and Jenn are dating. Joe hesitated when answering the single question, and Jenn kind of poked at him a little. Could just be their playful nature.

I would love that! I think they were a lot of fun to watch together, and they definitely have a great friendship.

Well, all things considered that was the least offensive finale/reunion in awhile.  Which, granted, is like saying it was the best root canal.

I can live with Mike as a winner, but only because of the alternatives.  Otherwise, I kind of hate him.  Mike, you didn't "find the strength" to make moves because of Jesus, it was because you shit the bed at the auction and had no other choices.

As far as Will goes, I think Jeff was wise to leave it where he did.  Will said something about having to apologize because he should be "helping Shirin become the person that God wants her to be", which suggests to me that he really does think she's a soul-less pagan destined for Hell.  Shirin's response was exactly right in that regard.  But I don't think there's any point in letting it degenerate into a religious diatribe.  Plus, Will's wife was starting to shout from the audience and I think it was getting awkward.

Jeff's "let's go to the video" with Dan may be my favorite Probst moment ever.  But, by the same token, if Dan hadn't gone after the show and the editing, I have no doubt he would've been given a much easier time.  

The only real disappointment of the night was Kass.  If she hasn't learned anything from her last time out there she may not survive the bus ride to the airport.  And I certainly hope that's the case.

• Love 16

Rodney is the discount Boston Rob.

Dan saw himself as the new Rupert, a lovable gruff hairy pirate guy.

Vince with the feathers in his hair probably saw himself as a blonder, younger Coach. He tried to make Jenn his Jerri Manthey, but she had none of it.

I think Shirin (with her constant quoting, past season facts and general homaging) seemed to want to be a compilation of the best survivors ever, and I would love for her to just focus more on being herself.

And he had the discount suit to go along with the discount persona.

What is so damn special about Ciera voting out her mom?  Yeah, I appreciated the move and blurring the line between BvsW.  But that's all they ever bring up in regards to her.  I do like her, and voted for her, but really, we get it.

Peih Gee looked so happy and surprised to be voted on.  I know she was worried about her chances.

I didn't have a problem with the reunion show.  There have been better ones, but there have been HORRIBLE ones, too, with long ridiculously clunky time wasters that made me gnash my teeth.  At least Jeff wasn't out there in the audience chatting up nine-year olds or striking a woody because Baaston Raab happened to drop by.

It felt pretty good to see Dan called to account.  I'm sure it was motivated by retaliation--Don't Fuck With The Show!--but it's not a total impossibility that Dan might one day hear Jeff saying "take a hard look at yourself and reassess whether this is the impression you want to make."

• Love 14
(edited)

What is so damn special about Ciera voting out her mom?  Yeah, I appreciated the move and blurring the line between BvsW.  But that's all they ever bring up in regards to her.  I do like her, and voted for her, but really, we get it.

I think the fact she went to rocks was a bigger deal. It annoys me too they bring up the fact she voted out her mom all the time. I do like her better than her mom and voted for her.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 4

As far as Will goes, I think Jeff was wise to leave it where he did. Will said something about having to apologize because he should be "helping Shirin become the person that God wants her to be", which suggests to me that he really does think she's a soul-less pagan destined for Hell. Shirin's response was exactly right in that regard. But I don't think there's any point in letting it degenerate into a religious diatribe. Plus, Will's wife was starting to shout from the audience and I think it was getting awkward.

Jeff's "let's go to the video" with Dan may be my favorite Probst moment ever. But, by the same token, if Dan hadn't gone after the show and the editing, I have no doubt he would've been given a much easier time.

The only real disappointment of the night was Kass. If she hasn't learned anything from her last time out there she may not survive the bus ride to the airport. And I certainly hope that's the case.

Jeff was at a peak tonight. While he certainly shafted some of the more decent people, (and everyone that wasn't dreamy Joe, Shirin, Dan, Rodney, Will, Carolyn and Mike) he really did make Dan eat his words. He was pissed. Part of me (the pathetic, sappy, squishy part) felt bad that he was getting his ass handed to him live, but the other 150,000% of me loved it. Survivor is Jiffy's life, and he'll be damned if he's going to stand by and let the likes of Dan say he was a victim of evil editing.

• Love 22