Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E14: It's A Fickle, Fickle Game / S30.E15: Worlds Apart Reunion

• Start Topic

(edited)

The only one I'm shocked about is Woo over Shane. I always thought Theresa would have the hardest time out of the old school contestants because Outback and Bornero were so popular compared to Africa. The only one I feel bad for is Carolyn she was pretty much included because she made the final 3 to throw off viewers and couldn't do any campaigning.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 3

I thought Jeremy was in.

I wonder who was brought in cause of Mike winning.

Jeremy is in. The men who didn't make it are Shane, Troyzan, Jim, Brad, and Max (Mike was ineligible).

• Love 2

I wonder which of the guys was #11 and got bumped up by Mike's win?

I'm guessing Savage or Keith.

I'm saying CBS interfered.  All of Probst's man crushes, except Culpepper, made it.  And the old schoolers, except Shane and T-Bird, all made it.

(edited)

Jeff Probst, closing statement:

Thank you for you for your loyalty even when you don't like everybody.  See you in the fall.

The tagline of the season.

It's sad how invested he is and has to be in this show.  

I'm really irritated that Terry made it over Shane.

DAMN YOU TERRY!!!!!!!  That wasn't part of our deal Blackheart!  That wasn't PPAAAAAARRTT!!!!!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
(edited)

Omg. Sorry to shallow but Wu and Joe on one show might be just enough pretty for me. Wait til they both put their hair up. I am going to lose it.

Edited by trackmommy
  • Love 15

I didn't like that most of the reunion was all about the next season and its cast. I was really hoping we would get to hear more from the cast that just played and Jeff giving shit to Rodney about the things he did and said.

Kelly Wiggelsworths face looked bloated and full of Botox!

• Love 5

Surprised Carolyn didn't make it in. Yay for Shrin, Wu, Joe.

Me too, actually.  I figured it could go either way.  I was so worried for Savage, Jeff, Kimmi, and Peih Gee.  So happy they made it!  Pretty much all my faves that I voted for got in.

• Love 3

I'm saying CBS interfered.  All of Probst's man crushes, except Culpepper, made it.  And the old schoolers, except Shane and T-Bird, all made it.

I don't think so, I Don't see how Shane and or Jim Rice get overlooked by producers they loved them.

I could see Wu being 11th

• Love 1
(edited)

I can see why one would feel this way, but I think that had CBS interfered, Natalie (connected to producers via other Survivors, especially Rob) would have made it and Monica (originally from a season where we are supposed to only remember Shambo and Russell) would never have made it.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 1

The pleasant surprise of Kelley and Monica making it almost lessens the sting of losing Teresa. Almost. Peih-Gee was my #1, so as long as she was in I would have survived, but I am happy about all ten females.

But no Shane? WTF? Obviously viewer memory stretches back far enough to put through Terry and Andrew, so I am a bit confused. Not thrilled to see Woo in the mix, but the guys I really didn't want to see (Brad, Jim, Max) missed the cut, so no complaints.

• Love 2

Kelly Wiglesworth had a sort of muted reaction.  I feel like she would have been cool either way.

I loved seeing Brad sitting between Spencer and Joe, with only 2 spots left for the mens side.  TPTB sure have a sense of humor.

• Love 2

I didn't think Stephanie had much of a shot, but her reaction to not getting selected broke my heart. After seeming genuinely shocked that Teresa didn't make it, she looked heartbroken at her own exclusion for half a second and then seemed like she thought she had to immediately compose herself.

My #1 priority was Tasha Fox, world's sassiest accountant!

Glad to see some of my crushes come back, especially Joe and his precious man bun.

The only person I wanted but didn't get was T-Bird, she seemed like she would be one of those 50+ women that could be a challenge beast!

There was no way Kass, Jeffo's man crushes weren't getting on. Producers definitely had a hand.

• Love 3

I can see why one would feel this way, but I think that had CBS interfered, Natalie (connected to producers via other Survivors, especially Rob) would have made it and Monica (originally from a season where we are supposed to only remember Shambo and Russell) would never have made it.

I might be wrong.  It's just hard for me to believe that someone like Kimmi might make it over someone more recent.  However, I don't know who was voting and what their criteria was.  Even if they never watched Survivor back then, maybe she was appealing  in other ways.  I was all about the old schoolers.  So whether it was a legit fan vote, or a little help, I'm happy with these results.  Glad only 2 WA alum got on.  Hoping for a fun, successful, drama-free season.

Could live without Terry and a few others, but even the horrible people are so much less evil than Dan, Rodney and Will that they seem angelic.

• Love 4

Who is Monica? No really who is she? I don't remember her :( and I watched every season. 

I have to say this was a v. good run of sub 20 , which i was afraid. Shane didn't make it (shame) neither did T-Bird. I knew she hadn't the moment that Kimmi made it. I don't even know why, I just felt that way, and obvi it made sense. I'm happy about Savage (I liked him, sue me, hehe get it?) meh about Deitz, and I am ecstatic that Varner made it. 

Everyone else, we'll work on it. 

• Love 1

Oh, and already pegging Shirin as the first to go.  I think she's going to annoy the crap out of everyone out there.  So I missed what Jeff said, are they actually flying to Cambodia tonight?  I'm excited for a new location as well.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Andrew Savage was legitimately hurt when Jeff referred to him as "old" or "Older".

Shane has to be the #1 choice for the Second Second Chance :(  This is a sad one.  I don't know how I got so lucky with all of my other choices, so Shane really stings because he's the only one that got missed somehow!

It's really bad karma to wish that somebody has to drop out so that Shane can replace him or her right?  Damn, we even got Mike dropping out for this!  Why do the genders even have to be even?  Are they always?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I must admit that there are some former contestants that I truly do not remember and I have watched almost every episode.

The good? Joe is back.

The bad? It will be a Shirin drinking party. Every time she mentions a former Survivor contestant, take a shot. I may end up in AA after the fifth episode.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm pretty excited Peih-Gee, Varner and Kimmi made it so that lessens the sting that Shane didn't made it. T-Bird I was always on the fence about I voted for her for Nostalgia and the fact she  was excited to have a second chance to play. People have been saying Sabrina is having some family issues right now which probably took away from her campaigning. I don't know her situation obviously, but I do hope everything is okay with her. 

I might be wrong.  It's just hard for me to believe that someone like Kimmi might make it over someone more recent.  However, I don't know who was voting and what their criteria was.  Even if they never watched Survivor back then, maybe she was appealing  in other ways.  I was all about the old schoolers.  So whether it was a legit fan vote, or a little help, I'm happy with these results.  Glad only 2 WA alum got on.  Hoping for a fun, successful, drama-free season.

The one thing that I think helped her is the  they use to replay her fight with Alicia all the time plus I remember Varner saying on twitter 33 million people watched his boot episode. The season 2 cast was everywhere!

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1
(edited)

Shane didn't look good. He might noth have lasted long anyway. I think Carolyn deserved a second chance and not Shirin. I'm pretty happy about the guys except for Woo. I would have replaced him with Jim Rice. Spencer, Kass & Woo....Final 3 perhaps? Also, totally stoked that Deitz & Savage are both in. Both over 50 year old studs. Awesome!!!

Edited by ByaNose

Kelly Wiglesworth had a sort of muted reaction. I feel like she would have been cool either way.

I loved seeing Brad sitting between Spencer and Joe, with only 2 spots left for the mens side. TPTB sure have a sense of humor.

I think Wiggles knew that she was a shoe in, if not from the voters, then definitely by TPTB. If she (or any other Borneo's) was willing, they wouldn't let go of the opportunity to frequently bring up the contrast of season 1 to season 31.

I loved that they had Culpepper between Joe and Spencer. It was like their subtle way of quoting Gervase's niece (Marissa?) "Fuck you, Brad Culpepper."

• Love 4

Woo is such a waste of a spot.  Glad no Culpepper or Max and pleasantly surprised by Peih Gee but I am damn near heartbroken that clueless Keith and useless Woo got on over SHANE.  Fuck!  

The rest of the reunion was so weird.  I think Mike got the least time of any winner ever.  Probst just threw the check at him.  LOL.  Dan's takedown was great but they spent way too much time on his gross ass.  Will, also gross.  Shut the fuck up, Will's wife.  Rodney looked like a six year old on his way to church for Easter.  Except for his weird hair, which totally looked like plugs.  I hope he takes that birthday cake and goes away forever.  Wish Jenn got a chance to speak.  

What a terrible season.  Good riddance.

• Love 17

I hope Joe makes it far this time.  I believe he is one that will attempt to improve his game.  Hopefully being so ingrained in people's minds doesn't make him a threat.  He, Spencer, Stephen, and Woo should team up.  I think they'll all be targets.

• Love 3

This Survivor retread cast has the awesome benefit of seeing the last season as it played out. So I'm assuming Shirin is voted out first, quoting every Survivor in history on the way out the door.

• Love 9

I thought Shirin was fine and Will was a well rehearsed ass. Shirin has every right to know why he made those comments.

What I wondered about Will and his alleged apology at Ponderosa-does he realize he can prove Shirin is lying or telling the truth about what he said?  We see Ponderosa.  I have a feeling it went as Shirin said it did.

• Love 9

I really feel bad for anyone at the reunion not named Dan, Will, Rodney, Mike, Carolyn, or Jenn.  I know they couldn't ignore the drama, but it would have been nice to see/talk with some of the others.  Like Caramoan, this cast got hosed.

Well, Jeff was right about the winner being likable.  Not sure about the game play, and not sure if this was a dramatic final TC.  But it's Jiffy spin, and it'll be back next season.

• Love 2