Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Family Matters

• Start Topic

bethenny-frankel-rejoins-real-housewives

Miss me? 

Repeat after me: snark the show, not each other. I'm pretty sure if you say that three times in the bathroom mirror and turn the lights off then on again, I'll appear behind you. Go ahead...try it. 

• Love 16

The waiter might have been reciting a spiel or he might have been trying to extend his screen time.  Either way, as others have written, it didn't appear that he was offended.

B's friend was on her solo show and wore a wig then too.  I don't know this but it's a guess, she might be wearing it for a religious reason.  It looks very similar in color and fakeness as the ones worn up in Rockland county.

• Love 2

Something I just remembered that makes Kristen's remarks about Bethenny even more face-palmy, irrespective of whether they were in response to a producer question or not: last season, she had a live-in nanny.

Um . . . no wonder she doesn't have trouble making arrangements for the care of her children.

Ugh.  I'd forgotten that.  Face palmy, indeed. 

How could Kristin really think the issue for Bethenny was getting childcare?  She's a freakin' millionaire in New York City.  She can find a babysitter.  Or a nanny, a governess, or a fleet of personal security guards for Bryn if she wanted.  I just can't with that dimwit anymore.

I wonder what question a producer could have asked her to illicit such a response that would make her not look like a twit.

Producer: "Kristin, could you say something really dumb and embarrassing, please?"  

That's all I can come up with.  

• Love 4

They're basically slave labor. Schools are cracking down on it though,a nd I think there's been legislation in the works. I know Columbia doesn't count unpaid internships as credit.

Where do they come from?  Does Sonja have ads on Craigslist or something?  It's just so bizarre to me!

My theory on Sonja's "interns" is they're college kids who are boarding with Sonja.  Maybe they're paying Sonja & agreeing to do some light chores for staying with her.  We know she sure as shit can use the money, whatever they pay her & she can't afford help, so they're better than nothing.  I kinda doubt they do much cleaning.  Her bathroom looked like a mess, but it didn't look filthy, from what I could see, that is.  How she gets these "interns" is a mystery.  

But they are definitely NOT interns, because I know for a fact, interns who receive college credit must be paid & registered with specific college-affiliated internship programs -- from accredited colleges & meeting strict government regulations.  Sonja, in her delusions, thinks she can call them interns, just cuz she feels like calling them interns.  But by doing this on national TV & putting a spotlight on herself doing this -- she can bring on a whole heap of trouble with the IRS & the Labor Department.  They might both might wanna know if she has labor that she isn't paying.  This is illegal.  If I was her lawyer I would advise her to stop calling them that.

And Kristen getting an intern?  I don't know what that was about & couldn't care less.  She seemed to think it was hilarious, but I just couldn't give a fuck about anything she does this season.  Her swipes at Bethenny are off the mark & an obvious desperate ploy to make herself relevant when she isn't -- at all.

• Love 2

But they are definitely NOT interns, because I know for a fact, interns who receive college credit must be paid & registered with specific college-affiliated internship programs -- from accredited colleges & meeting strict government regulations.  Sonja, in her delusions, thinks she can call them interns, just cuz she feels like calling them interns.  But by doing this on national TV & putting a spotlight on herself doing this -- she can bring on a whole heap of trouble with the IRS & the Labor Department.  They might both might wanna know if she has labor that she isn't paying.  This is illegal.  If I was her lawyer I would advise her to stop calling them that.

If she was giving them room and board, would that suffice as payment enough?  Granted it would probably be unheated room in the cellar lit by abundance candles and their meals would consist of food that Sonja sneaks out of random cocktail parties in one of her Sharpied bags.  But would that count?  

• Love 6

The fact that the waiter was genuinely laughing makes the exchange not rude to me.  As a Miami waiter he is probably quite used to dealing with New Yorkers (Florida is filled with them). He knows when a New Yorker is being an asshole, and I don't think her style of humor offended him in the slightest. 

I think that what she was saying in a humorous and less offensive way is that when the waiter said "let me walk you though our menu" that the waiter usually does precisely that. He's supposed to explain the specials, maybe tell her what the soup of the day is, perhaps make suggestions as to the favorites, etc. It was her way of telling him that he really didn't walk her through the menu at all.

• Love 1

OMG, Mya Stone, that is the funniest gif.  For those that don't remember, I believe that's from a TH Bethenny did after Scary Island.  She was imitating Jill, when Jill showed up, unexpected on the morning after Kelly's 'break'.  So perfect.

• Love 5

Ugh.  I'd forgotten that.  Face palmy, indeed. 

How could Kristin really think the issue for Bethenny was getting childcare?  She's a freakin' millionaire in New York City.  She can find a babysitter.  Or a nanny, a governess, or a fleet of personal security guards for Bryn if she wanted.  I just can't with that dimwit anymore.

I wonder what question a producer could have asked her to illicit such a response that would make her not look like a twit.

Producer: "Kristin, could you say something really dumb and embarrassing, please?"  

That's all I can come up with.

Maybe he asked her what she thought about Beth agreeing to come on the show for $1MM and then not being available to film some of the group events with the others. Where I work, the response would have been similar to what Kristen said when it came to doing the job.

• Love 7
(edited)
If she was giving them room and board, would that suffice as payment enough?  Granted it would probably be unheated room in the cellar lit by abundance candles and their meals would consist of food that Sonja sneaks out of random cocktail parties in one of her Sharpied bags.  But would that count?

For actual interns who get college credits?  Absolutely NOT!  They are routinely paid minimum wage.  And this is now strictly enforced.  And anyone who doesn't adhere to it, can & will get sued.  These are not interns.  They're just a bunch of kids Sonja has some vague agreements with.  Whatever.  Seems to suit all their needs.  Just annoys me that she keeps calling them interns, when they're not.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1
(edited)

B's friend was on her solo show and wore a wig then too.  I don't know this but it's a guess, she might be wearing it for a religious reason.  It looks very similar in color and fakeness as the ones worn up in Rockland county.

Teri was Beth's Maid of Honor and had very thin hair.  There was another scene that season, maybe in Vegas?, when Teri was shot from above and her crown was shockingly thin.  I think the long curls in this picture are extensions.  Maybe she wears a wig now because she's lost even more.  I suppose it could also be for religious reasons.    However, I have a question:  most conservative Jewish women wear the wigs for modesty.  But Teri was showing a lot of cleavage in last night's episode during drinks in Miami.  Does that make sense that she would wear the wig and show so much skin?

bethenny_frankel_wedding-3.JPG

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

For actual interns who get college credits?  Absolutely NOT!  They are routinely paid minimum wage.  And this is now strictly enforced.  And anyone who doesn't adhere to it, can & will get sued.  These are not interns.  They're just a bunch of kids Sonja has some vague agreements with.  Whatever.  Seems to suit all their needs.  Just annoys me that she keeps calling them interns, when they're not.

Last year on the Vulture Recap page, someone posted a notice from one of the NY schools (cannot remember which one) looking for interns for Sonja. It was an actual classified type ad that talked about the requirements of working for Team Sonja, the expectations, and it specified that the interns would earn college credits. This caused a discussion that lasted for days over there because no one could believe it, but it looked legit.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Bravo is wearing Bethenny's story.   I personally would rather see her in action in the business world and I sense Bethenny would be happy to focus on that part of her life, but Bravo seem to think her childhood traumas make better TV.  They are the ones whittling down her whole story to her upbringing.  

I have no doubts that Bravo/Andy are loving this continued storyline for Bethenny but it is her decision, and hers alone, to use it. I do think she is doing now, again, to help remind viewers of why they liked her when she was on the HW show, before her own spin offs and the failed talk show when she lost a lot fans. She is trying to rebuild her tarnished brand and in order to that she must remind everyone of her past to evoke sympathy/support for her.   JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

I have no doubts that Bravo/Andy are loving this continued storyline for Bethenny but it is her decision, and hers alone, to use it. I do think she is doing now, again, to help remind viewers of why they liked her when she was on the HW show, before her own spin offs and the failed talk show when she lost a lot fans. She is trying to rebuild her tarnished brand and in order to that she must remind everyone of her past to evoke sympathy/support for her.   JMO

I completely agree.  Big Bad Bravo can't use what you don't give them.  If Bethenny refuses to talk about her childhood (like she's refusing to talk about the boyfriend that she had during filming) then obviously Bravo can't do anything about it.  She's driving this poor-me-pity-me bus.

• Love 11
(edited)
Last year on the Vulture Recap page, someone posted a notice from one of the NY schools (cannot remember which one) looking for interns for Sonja. It was an actual classified type ad that talked about the requirements of working for Team Sonja, the expectations, and it specified that the interns would earn college credits. This caused a discussion that lasted for days over there because no one could believe it, but it looked legit.

I don't believe for a second those kids get college credits.  But they do seem sweet & harmless.  It is oddball nevertheless that Sonja is letting strangers come & live in her home.  It can be a recipe for disaster.  People who put themselves in this position put themselves open to all sorts of crimes, including theft & yes, even murder.  Sonja is a freakin' loon.

I do think she is doing now, again, to help remind viewers of why they liked her when she was on the HW show, before her own spin offs and the failed talk show when she lost a lot fans.

I know I said in a previous comment that I was thoroughly bored & losing patience with Bethenny's whining about her past -- and I am.  And yet, I was kinda fascinated with the tidbits she let out while talking to Stepdad.  Hate to admit it, but I would like to hear more about the crazy shit that went on with her mother & some of the really whacked out stuff that went on with Stepdad.  It's more interesting than anything any of the others have to say.  I'm sure as fuck getting really sick of watching Moaner going all teary-eyed over asshole Mario.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Since Carole worked for ABC and has written 2 books she knows all about deadlines. And didn't she recently say she just wanted to have fun?

Bethenny has millions but is on the show, imo, to show/wear her angst about her childhood and divorce. Good grief....go to a real therapist and get over it......she is almost 45. These issues are tearing her apart and it simply cannot be healthy for Bryn. And make a settlement with Jason and walk away. It sickens me she can't seem to do that and drags the angst out. In just a few years Bryn us going to on the internet....is this what BF really wants Bryn to remember when she grows up?

• Love 7

When B heard from her step-dad that her mom did not want children, I thought, "That can not be the first time she heard that about her mother?"  My mother is not abusive but has told us that she never really wanted kids.  It was back in the 60's and it is just what you did and my dad really wanted kids so here we are.  My mom is probably a borderline narcissist so it does become a normal feeling that my mom is not too into us or her grandkids, even today. Meh.  I guess me and my sibs dealt with it a while ago.  She is in our lives but only when it is convenient for her.  It sucks but whata ya do? 

• Love 6

When B heard from her step-dad that her mom did not want children, I thought, "That can not be the first time she heard that about her mother?" My mother is not abusive but has told us that she never really wanted kids. It was back in the 60's and it is just what you did and my dad really wanted kids so here we are. My mom is probably a borderline narcissist so it does become a normal feeling that my mom is not too into us or her grandkids, even today. Meh. I guess me and my sibs dealt with it a while ago. She is in our lives but only when it is convenient for her. It sucks but whata ya do?

I thought the same. If everything Bethenny describes of her childhood is true (and I'm inclined to believe her) then I can't believe her mother hasn't screamed that in her face one, twice or ten times throughout her life. I would perhaps think it's one of those things that becomes no less painful each time you hear it and potentially hurt more being repeated matter of factly by a third party opposed to having it yelled at her by her mother.

My Mum didn't want children either - she got me on the old school IUD's (no hormones) and for a while they thought I was stomach ulcer! She's the best mother though and although it's never been a state secret that she didn't want kids, she's always said that I may have been an unwanted pregnancy, but I was never an unwanted child. Eh, it doesn't bother me. It never has - my brother and I have always known we are absolutely the loves of her life. I guess that's the difference.

I feel bad for Bethenny. Sure she's flawed and damaged but just because you know you should be able to let something go (and I'm sure she does) doesn't mean you're able to necessarily put that in to practise because unfortunately we can't make ourselves feel - or not feel - something.

For whatever reason, I think Bethenny is pretty open with the cameras so she drags them to her "therapy" sessions etc and Damaged Bethenny is what Bravo finds interesting about her and so that is what they show. I think she probably babbles on about her childhood far less than we see - and often is probably prompted to do so.

I've always liked her. I wouldn't want to be her BFF - or honestly even know her since I imagine she's exhausting - but she's my favourite of all the Housewives on any franchise particularly with an ensemble cast where she can make snarky little observations about the others in her TH. For me, she's good TV. Give me Bethenny over the likes of Sonja who is now truly delusional to the extent I feel a little uncomfortable when she's rambling about her non existent "brand." At least Bethenny has enough self awareness to know she's fucked up unlike poor Sonja.

• Love 3

When I think of Bethanny I think of the famous Buddha quotation.

Anger inside is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Ngl, if the boxer sweat had landed on me, I would've cried. And maybe amputated my leg.

LMFAO!

Can I pull up a chair with the others at the "Not liking boxing" table?

• Love 3

Bethenny has millions but is on the show, imo, to show/wear her angst about her childhood and divorce. Good grief....go to a real therapist and get over it......she is almost 45. These issues are tearing her apart and it simply cannot be healthy for Bryn. And make a settlement with Jason and walk away. It sickens me she can't seem to do that and drags the angst out. In just a few years Bryn us going to on the internet....is this what BF really wants Bryn to remember when she grows up?

The longer she is on, the more I don't like her and sadly I was rubbing my hands with glee at the start to watch her.  There's too much her, not enough others.

And this makes her sound a little narcissistic yes?  If you have millions, have a legitimate business (conglomeration practically!) - go run it! Live your life, fix up your apartment, parent your child.  I would actually have respect for her then.

• Love 3

Bethany's hands are tied. She can't really show her current life, her child, or divorce so her work and past is all she has left . And I wouldn't fret about Byrn being exposed to John, I think that was strickly for the camera. I love how smart and fast Bethenny is but I think angst is her fuel, and it's getting old. all her life she yearned for that family connection but when she was welcomed into the Hoppy fold she realized those connections can be a pain in the ass and come with a lot of expectations and demands. I'm sure that was a shocker.

I wasn't thrilled about Kristen last year but this year I detest her. I know in my heart that is because she is real life friends with Brandi. I just assume anyone that could be friends with Brandi must be an asshole. So for, she is not proving me wrong.

• Love 5
(edited)

Bethany's hands are tied. She can't really show her current life, her child, or divorce so her work and past is all she has left . And I wouldn't fret about Byrn being exposed to John, I think that was strickly for the camera. I love how smart and fast Bethenny is but I think angst is her fuel, and it's getting old. all her life she yearned for that family connection but when she was welcomed into the Hoppy fold she realized those connections can be a pain in the ass and come with a lot of expectations and demands. I'm sure that was a shocker.

I wasn't thrilled about Kristen last year but this year I detest her. I know in my heart that is because she is real life friends with Brandi. I just assume anyone that could be friends with Brandi must be an asshole. So for, she is not proving me wrong.

Yea, I think that the deal she made with Andy and Bravo was that she would show her past as part of her story, since she cannot show Bryn, and clearly doesn't want to show her current boyfriend. The boyfriend part irks me, since we know that Andy has not put up with this from the others recently. He publicly announced that he told Vicki she would be demoted if she didn't show her life with her boyfriend Brooks. He said that she had to show what was "currently" going on in her life in order to keep her orange. I wonder if this doesn't bother the other ladies just a bit? That concessions were made for Beth on this point. They knew the boyfriend because he was at events and just not filmed, yet she doesn't mention having a boyfriend at all. 

I think this is the general feeling about Kristen, but I admit I don't get it. I have never particularly liked or disliked her. I am completely "meh" on her. For me, I haven't seen enough of her yet to really form any kind of opinion. What has she done so far that irritates? 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Gee, I can see why Carole is so into her 20 something.  Such stimulating conversation on the phone.  "It's cold here," she comments  "UGH, that's the worst," he replies.  "Well, better get back to work."  "Yeah, me too."  

Boys are so distracting, she tells the camera with a giggle.

• Love 16

So the ratings for this episode were dismal. I assumed they would be the lowest of the season because I've never seen a more boring episode. I cannot help but wonder what kind of editing Bravo might be doing behind the scenes because of this - especially if there are anymore shows dedicated to Beth and her pile of problems. 

http://www.tv-recaps-reviews.com/2015/05/tuesday-cable-ratings-may-19.html

On a lighter note, I am very happy to see that the old Ramona will return next week.  The Ramona that is totally bat shit crazy. No way she can hide that for very long. I get that she wanted to give it a go like she did in S3, but you cannot fight this kinds of nuts for long.  Yes, Mario was a dog for treating her the way that he did. I just don't get how he was able to tolerate her for as long as he did. I picture conversations like the ones below happening around her all the time. Must be exhausting....

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-708/videos?clip=2866982

• Love 2

Kristin is just stupid.  I can get child care and I have TWO kids!

Does she not realize Bethenny is going through a nasty divorce and having to share custody of Bryn? She only gets her half the time.  If the stupid boxing match occurred on one of the nights Bethenny has custody, it's not about getting child care you dunce.  It is about deciding it is more important to be with her daughter.

Kristin should really remember that  old proverb "There but for the grace of God go I."  If her marriage to that jerk husband of hers falls apart, she would be in the same situation.  Oh, who am I kidding.  Her husband wouldn't want the kids half the time. 

She bugs the shit out of me from the constant look of surprise, her stupid comments, and her generally boringness.  Then of course, there's  the let me grind on a man in a sandwich with Sonja and then oh no, he touched me!  

• Love 5
(edited)

I think this is the general feeling about Kristen, but I admit I don't get it. I have never particularly liked or disliked her. I am completely "meh" on her. For me, I haven't seen enough of her yet to really form any kind of opinion. What has she done so far that irritates? 

That's exactly how I feel about her, too.  I haven't seen enough for her to offend me. Yet. 

I think she's very beautiful and not completely stupid and she could have married better.  Much better.

ETA:  Okay, Sasha.  You reminded me of the Grind and Go. LOL.  I agree, offensive.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

I think Bethenny always has her guard up and tries to stay 5 steps ahead of others, but she seemed to be caught way off guard when her step Dad John told her that her mother never wanted to have a kid. It was the closest I have ever seen her to speechless and you could almost see her wheels spinning in her brain to process the information. For her daughter's sake I really hope Bethenny has a real therapist, not that bozo on the show, who, btw, I think looks just like a male Bethenny ( have fun with that one- Freud ). Even though Bethenny loves her daughter, she is a true narcissist and it seems her mom was too, and they have a tendency to repeat the same mistakes.

• Love 3

I recall hearing Brandi Glanville say that Bethenny knew Josh Taekman more than just casually that she actually dated him.  I believe it was on the Brandi Podcast with Kristen as a guest.  I do think it funny that Bethenny blows off the Taekmans-it wasn't too long a go that Bethenny was upset over a chiropractor not remembering her. It makes sense now why Bethenny didn't go to the boxing match-it was a Kristen thing.

There is the odd divide this year with Kristin, Carole and Heather trying to woo Bethenny away from Sonja and Ramona.  LuAnn comes off as the center but I get the feeling Bethenny doesn't really trust her.  My guess is by season end Carole works her way into the Bethenny most favored status and Ramona works her way out.

• Love 1

Gee, I can see why Carole is so into her 20 something.  Such stimulating conversation on the phone.  "It's cold here," she comments  "UGH, that's the worst," he replies.  "Well, better get back to work."  "Yeah, me too."  

Boys are so distracting, she tells the camera with a giggle.

I felt second hand embarrassment during that scene.  She told us a couple seasons ago that boys don't get interesting until they're in their 40s. Well, there ya go, Carole. My 16 year old's conversations with his crush are more warm and engaging than what we saw between Carole and Adam. 

Lu made the remark that Adam was in Nicaragua with Nicole to aggravate Carole.  Even if Adam and Nic were down there knocking boots, I don't think Carole would care because she and Russ had an open sexual relationship. It's probable that's the agreement with Adam, too.  Everyone is having their kale and eating it, too. 

• Love 9

If everything Bethenny describes of her childhood is true (and I'm inclined to believe her) then I can't believe her mother hasn't screamed that in her face one, twice or ten times throughout her life. I would perhaps think it's one of those things that becomes no less painful each time you hear it and potentially hurt more being repeated matter of factly by a third party opposed to having it yelled at her by her mother.

Oh let me help you. Of course Bethenny heard this from her crazy mother, probably more than once. But I wonder if she ever had a trusted adult like her stepfather (she took his name for a bit, they're estranged but in a lot of ways this man is her father and probably the nicest one of the three parents she has to pick from) confirm to her that while her mom was indeed a crazy hormonal drunken she-beast, she was also being very honest when she said she never wanted kids.

• Love 3

I recall hearing Brandi Glanville say that Bethenny knew Josh Taekman more than just casually that she actually dated him.  I believe it was on the Brandi Podcast with Kristen as a guest.  I do think it funny that Bethenny blows off the Taekmans-it wasn't too long a go that Bethenny was upset over a chiropractor not remembering her. It makes sense now why Bethenny didn't go to the boxing match-it was a Kristen thing.

There is the odd divide this year with Kristin, Carole and Heather trying to woo Bethenny away from Sonja and Ramona.  LuAnn comes off as the center but I get the feeling Bethenny doesn't really trust her.  My guess is by season end Carole works her way into the Bethenny most favored status and Ramona works her way out.

It is interesting the way that I think everyone would like to have Beth be on their side. I think at the end of the day the feeling is that Beth will speak the truth and call shit out, and no one wants to be on the receiving end of that. Memories of the S3 reunion when she talked about Kelly and how bat shit crazy she was and how everyone was acting like they could make any sense of it. She tends to say the "thing" - usually the true thing - so I think they would all like her to be on their side. 

It looks like Heather and Carole are tight right now. The fact that they have been together so often after filming ended tells me things end well between them. On Social Media, it has appeared to me as though Lu is trying to suck up to Beth. I could be wrong, but that is how it comes across. Anytime someone tweets a message to Lu about how much they love seeing Lu and Beth together, Lu retweets it and says how much she is loving Beth. Lu mentions Beth a lot on Twitter and pretty much gushes over her. On the other hand, Beth doesn't do the same back to Lu. I would imagine that Lu gets nervous watching Carole and Beth hang out together and probably hates the idea of Beth being on Carole's side at the reunion. The most interesting thing to me is where the Heather/Beth relationship ends when the season wraps. Heather and Carole are still very close (Carole was with Heather in the Berkshires last weekend), which makes me wonder even more. I never believed all the BS about how Heather was so bossy over Carole that they couldn't have different friends, but that was the narrative so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. If Beth and Heather are at odds at the reunion, it will be interesting to see how Carole reacts. I've never heard Carole say a bad word about Heather at this point. 

• Love 3

At one time didn't she say that they were sons and daughters of people she knew?

I've always assumed that Sonja's interns were the inverse of the way people lend out their kids as "mother's helps." 

EG: "Mrs. Brown is between au pairs, so she's asked my Jenny to come on vacation with their family for the summer as a mother's help. It'll take some of the pressure off Mrs. Brown, and Jenny will get to see a bit of Europe."

In this case, it's "Mrs. Morgan is a wreck and beyond help, so she's asked my Jenny to come and be her intern. She says Jenny will learn something about how to entertain and run a great house and get to experience New York, but really we all know it's just a way to keep Sonja functional for a couple more months." 

• Love 4
(edited)

I recall hearing Brandi Glanville say that Bethenny knew Josh Taekman more than just casually that she actually dated him. I believe it was on the Brandi Podcast with Kristen as a guest. I do think it funny that Bethenny blows off the Taekmans-it wasn't too long a go that Bethenny was upset over a chiropractor not remembering her. It makes sense now why Bethenny didn't go to the boxing match-it was a Kristen thing.

There is the odd divide this year with Kristin, Carole and Heather trying to woo Bethenny away from Sonja and Ramona. LuAnn comes off as the center but I get the feeling Bethenny doesn't really trust her. My guess is by season end Carole works her way into the Bethenny most favored status and Ramona works her way out.

It was actually a Carole thing. Kristen's husband did end up sponsoring the boxer. eboost logo was all over the trainer/boxer. I don't really care about that, if we have to see skinny girl products everywhere, one scene with eboost doesn't bother me.

I don't know if Kristen, Carole and Heather are trying to woo Beth away from Ramona and Sonja. It's pretty obvious to me that Beth is barley giving the other women the time of day.

I've said it before, I'm sure these women know, if you film with Beth you'll get airtime.

I'm frankly tired of the all Beth show. As the season goes on, I dislike her more.

Filming Beth in a kinder light, is not going to change that. I think it's too much Beth.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2
(edited)

I honestly don't get it either. I like Kristen - I consider her pretty inoffensive. I don't recall her being outright cruel or callous to anyone on this show.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 6

I've never heard Carole say a bad word about Heather at this point. 

The only thing I can remember is when Carole was at lunch with Ramona and Aviva and tells them that she thinks Heather talks too much and you can never get a word in edgewise and that a ball gag might work.

I think Carole is open in not only her sexual relationships but probably her friendships, too. So, while I think that she was totally bossed around by Heather, I don't think she'd stand for Heather telling her who she can hang out with or who not.  Now, Heather on the other hand...if she got wind that Beth was trying to belittle Heather's business or assassinate her character to Carole as she accused Aviva of doing to Carole, I can't imagine Heather being okay with Carole remaining friends with Bethenny.

No Bravo blog again from Carole? I actually enjoy her blogs. I wonder why she has only written a couple all season. 

Carole only wrote one this season after the first episode. She said that her contract with her publisher prohibited her from doing any writing outside of what was contracted with her publisher, so no blogs from her this season. 

• Love 2

Yes, they're supposed to tell customers about the specials.  That wasn't what he was doing though.   I don't think she was terribly rude but she did cut him off.  I don't consider myself rude but I would have stopped him from explaining that the appetizers are listed under the Appetizer Section, etc., etc. and finishing up with the fact that the desserts are on the last page in the "Desert Section." 

I get that it's annoying and Beth is too super important to have to listen to some lowly waiter explain the menu, but you sit there and smile and let him do his job. It's what a polite person would do.  And I don't think he laughed be cause he thought it was funny.  I think he laughed because he was being filmed and some reality show bitch was making an ass out him.  It was awkward - what else would he do? 

I hate boxing it disturbs me and the ladies looked out of place and it sucked. I ff through the whole thing.

Victoria's got  a deep voice like "mama" (tm Heather)! That didn't fall far from the tree.... I am going to catch hell for this but she looked kind of, dirty. Of the unshowered sort.

I watched Carole's writing scene only for the view of the renovated kitchen, and the real estate porn. Think Adam was schtupping Nicole? What happens in Nicaragua stays in Nicaragua! I could play Carole replying "whaTTT" to Luann's "Sonja young" comment on a loop for days. Good one Countess!

Were Dorinda, Heather & Kristin in this ep? BO-ring.

And that clown thing sucked.

Upthread someone mentioned Bethenny being miffed because Kelly pretended she didn't know her, when in fact they had met several times previously according to Bethenny.  I didn't think of mentioning it, but a few eps back when Bethenny said (re: not inviting Kristin) she didn't know Kristen's husband she's only met him like 5x in ten years or something. I believe Josh and Bethenny have a work connection. The Herman Munster shoe is on the other foot Beth.

This is what I thought of when I saw Bethenny's friend Teri: Karen Walker w/the long wig in the disco with the blue dress & shoulder pads!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJuaRa7vZNU

OMG - perfect!!

Maybe he asked her what she thought about Beth agreeing to come on the show for $1MM and then not being available to film some of the group events with the others. Where I work, the response would have been similar to what Kristen said when it came to doing the job.

After reading some comments here I thought Kristen's TH was going to be something scandalous.  My personal feeling (and I am not saying that anyone else's feelings about Kristen are not valid) is that it was not a big thing at all.  Granted, I am one of about 5 people that actually kind of like her. She's relatively harmless.  I think she can be hella awkward on camera and sometimes plays things up too much, but she's never done anything nasty to anyone (yet).  

• Love 7

Lack of insight is a huge problem with mental illness. You don't seem to have that hurdle. Many mentally ill people don't have the capacity to recognize that they are ill. Some never will.

It seems as if mental illness and addiction, have become the main topics on these housewife shows.  I have learned a lot.  These shows are no longer light and frothy as they once were. And much less fun!

(edited)

This so called vendetta Kristen has against Bethenny by evidence of her TH, she spoke as if the words were being pulled out of her. It was quite clear they expected her to say something along those lines and she was VERY hesitant to go there.

I honestly don't get it either. I like Kristen - I consider her pretty inoffensive. I don't recall her being outright cruel or callous to anyone on this show.

I also feel like her actions are exaggerated to justify hating her for being Brandi's friend.  

I used to dislike the idea that she is friends with Brandi but come to think of it, her loyalty to Brandi is admirable. I don't know if I can publicly claim friendship to anyone like Brandi. When you listen to them talk, you'll that they aren't that friendly but Kristen is not going to make that known just to take the residual heat from her.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 4

To me Kristen is like a stage prop - part of the scenery but don't miss her when she's not there.  Except for her shocked "O" face.  Enough already.  And I'm over Carole and her giddy "girliness."  I liked her better first season when they played up the princess (gagging) title, but at least she reigned her silliness in.  And I'm surprised she's portraying herself as a lazy writer.  She was oh soooo offended when Avivia called her out on not being a real writer.  And the clucking hens all clustered around the poor princess ---- "her career is all she has, she has no children and she's a sad widow."  Blech all around that stinkpile.

Watching Bethenny and her "stepdad" was uncomfortable. Yes, I know she went through a lot as a child (a lot of us have to be honest) but she is always so attack'ish...it is very off putting. 

Now mind you...i've watched from season 1 and I like the original Bethenny..I get it that she is going through the divorce/custody thing but girl needs to dial it back a bit.

Being a Brooklynite I am all for being honest and upfront but well...she is just over the top.

BTW...did anyone see Dorinda on WWHL? She never stopped talking lol

I also think that Heather and Kristen have been pushed aside in order to give B and Dorinda air time...I like Heather. I think that Kristen not allowing filming of her marriage/home life might be we we are not seeing much of her. They feel like they have both been knocked down to friend status.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/05/real-housewives-new-york-kristen-taekman-off-limits-storyline/

• Love 3

Carole only wrote one this season after the first episode. She said that her contract with her publisher prohibited her from doing any writing outside of what was contracted with her publisher, so no blogs from her this season.

Hmmmm.  Other publishing people on the board what do you make of that?  Do Carole's Essays fall under the 'non'compete' clause in the contract?  Because if so, then she is gonna write about the Real Housewife/RealityTV experience--which I doubt because she would be prevented from doing so by the draconian confidentiality clauses in the Bravo contract.  I can't imagine her gossipy Kennedy pieces could compete at all.  It's possible she's so late with her ms that they've told her nothing except what we contracted you to write.  But the season was filmed a long time ago and if she hasn't turned it in yet they have almost certainly started proceedings to get back what they are owed and have shit-canned the book.

Nope.  I think the likely reason is that Carole prefers swanning around drinking her calories and flashing her vintage Jordaches in downtown bars.  Who wants to do some boring work writing a boring blog for this boring show?  It is so, like, uncool.  And she has come up with an excuse that sounds convincing enough.  Except that I am not convinced.

• Love 2

I am not sure how you "wear the story" of a sad, lonely and frightening past. I guess you could drink and drug yourself into oblivion or you could seize on the advantages available (money, schooling, contacts) and make a life. Hey, you could land on the cover of Forbes! If your personal life is not easy because you have understandable trust and attachment issues, you take that into account and take steps to have your child know that she is loved and wanted. See, you could do that with your life.

I would like to add that the past is with you more and more as you age. It does not recede. Interactions with your children recall your life as a child.

For my part, Bethenny inspires not pity, but admiration. She danced with "what brung her," and brought it home.

She's laughing all the way to the bank.

• Love 9