Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Family Matters

• Start Topic

With regard to why she came back. It could be money and exposure, or it could just be that she is under contract.

Right. It was the exposure thing I was curious about, since - so far - Carole doesn't seem to be shown in the best light, and doesn't have anything to especially promote this season (in previous seasons, it was Widow's Guide and the foundation she started (?) in her husband's name, if I'm remembering correctly - the ping pong tournament). If she hadn't met the chef at LuAnn's house, I'm not sure what her storyline would be.

• Love 2
(edited)
I wonder if this has something to do with why Sonja couldn't let people come upstairs?

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1756168

That article is from a year ago & is outdated.  Sonja seems to have been able to keep her townhouse.  The deets on how she was able to do this remain a mystery to us.  I suspect Old Man Morgan stepped in & helped her to keep it, but who knows.  She is clearly still in financial trouble.  I'm totally expecting to see one day, as I'm once again quickly passing by Sonja's townhouse, whatever is left (that hasn't been hocked) in the townhouse, to be spread out in the tiny area in front -- for a garage sale -- kinda like what Lu had.

As I said, I'm pretty sure none of us has access to these women's bank records, so I'm not sure why folks would get so militant about it one way or the other.  I'm happy to acknowledge that I don't have any inside track on Carole Radziwill's bank balance or other financial holdings.

I have seen no evidence of "militant" comments.  You posted misinformation which was merely corrected.  And that's it.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

I wonder if this has something to do with why Sonja couldn't let people come upstairs?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/real-housewife-morgan-house-article-1.1756168

I think she does the show to promote her writing and get material for new writing.  She's said that, too.

I had read that but saw that Sonja had posted pictures on her twitter of her in her house since that article so, I am just not sure what is going on.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/real-housewife-morgan-house-article-1.1756168

I think she does the show to promote her writing and get material for new writing.  She's said that, too.

No question.

It was in both links and comments I copied. 

I think most of them do these shows hoping it will give exposure to their current projects or serve as a springboard for their other career interests.

Gee, I can see why Carole is so into her 20 something.  Such stimulating conversation on the phone.  "It's cold here," she comments  "UGH, that's the worst," he replies.  "Well, better get back to work."  "Yeah, me too."  

Boys are so distracting, she tells the camera with a giggle.

"Bring back honey for your honey".....I threw up a little in my mouth when I heard that one!!!  

• Love 4
(edited)

I was pretty annoyed with Kristen's dig at Bethenny for not leaving her child to go out with "the girls."  As far as I can see, Kristen's a stay at home mom who has access to her kids 24/7, whether she wants to or not.  So to suggest that if she, Kristen, can leave her children to go out for an evening, then Bethenny should be able to do so, too, was, at best, short sighted.  There wasn't an ounce of empathy or a glimmer of understanding of the difference between Kristen's situation and the situation Bethenny -- an insanely busy working woman who has shared custody of her child -- has to work around.  I can't believe anyone would fault Bethenny for choosing her child over another tired cat fight over nonsense.

Edited by pbutler111
  • Love 3

And I'll also add that her "relationship" with Adam is a big part of the story so hearing their lukewarm interaction on the phone WHILE he's somewhere with the EX is something that makes ya go hmmmmmm... I mean a big part that's supposed to justify Carole mounting Luanne's nieces ex is that they have genuine feelings and it goes beyond fuck buddies  cause ya know if it was just about a fuck buddy then did she really need that particular fuck buddy at the expense of some serious complications with a coworker/friend? Of course, their scenes together will be scrutinized for validation. 

I really doubt we heard the whole phone conversation, which makes me ask what the producers are up too. Oh, those little editing devils  Bravo/production. LOL

• Love 2
I think most of them do these shows hoping it will give exposure to their current projects or serve as a springboard for their other career interests.

Bethenny once made a comment to the effect that she can't understand why anyone would do one of these shows unless they were promoting a product or cause or building a brand.  The only reason beyond those is either sheer vanity or a crippling need for public approval (and look how well that's worked out for Sonja so far).

• Love 2

Bethenny once made a comment to the effect that she can't understand why anyone would do one of these shows unless they were promoting a product or cause or building a brand.  The only reason beyond those is either sheer vanity or a crippling need for public approval (and look how well that's worked out for Sonja so far).

Agreed.  

It's particularly gruesome when they become serial reality show contestants.  Aviva has the perfect marriage!  Until she's off RHONY.  Then suddenly they're on Marriage Boot Camp!  

• Love 2
(edited)

Bethenny once made a comment to the effect that she can't understand why anyone would do one of these shows unless they were promoting a product or cause or building a brand. The only reason beyond those is either sheer vanity or a crippling need for public approval (and look how well that's worked out for Sonja so far).

Did she really say that?

This women who very wealthy. Yes of course she still has her company but please. Beth should really not talk about other people's vanity or public approval. Fame whores come in all shapes and sizes. I do think most women come to promote what ever they have going on, but imo they all love the camera time the fame and all seem very vain. That includes Bethenny Frankel. Who has enough money to go live her life off camera and still run her business. Skinny girl is in every store I go into, it's not trying to make it, it made it.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

OK, cuz I know y'all wanna hear this -- more Sonja townhouse sightings update-

Yesterday morning, the windows were wide open, with 30 mph winds going on.  What looked like frayed curtains/drapes were flying out of the open windows.  And this morning, it was freezing cold -- well, for this time of year anyway.  And yet again, wide-open windows.  WTF???  No other townhouse on that block has all its windows open.  Only hers.  Hey, I don't leave my windows open.  WTF is up with the wide open windows all the freakin' time?

So, now we know why Sonja's abundance candles are clearly not working....she lights them, and then, the breeze comes in through the open windows and blows them out before they have a chance to waft all the "abundance energy" through the townhouse!!!  

And, I'm in NJ - you are right - it is frickin' freezing here, for this time of year...I had my bedroom windows opened a couple of inches last night and woke up shivering.   

I wonder if Sonja is evenhome, or maybe someone (a realtor, maybe) is fumigating the house?

• Love 2

Except that I think her past blogs have shown a great deal of thought and effort, and I miss them (especially compared to the blogs of the other HWs). I remember - when comments were allowed - commenters sometimes criticizing her for the length of her blog pieces, but I appreciated them.

I miss them, too. Reading her take on things was a real highlight for me last season. Doubting Carole's reason for why she's not blogging now doesn't make sense to me. Not only did she turn in a blog after every ep. last year, but she seemed to put a lot into them, and yes, they were pretty lengthy. Also, if you follow her Twitter feed, you'll see she has no qualms about using social media to get her point across on things, including defending herself when she sees fit. I imagine she misses having the chance to do that this season via blogging.

• Love 2
(edited)

LOL, it was just a silly throwback to that NJ felon Teresa G.

I can't remember who she said it to, but it made me laugh.

It was said to Danielle, prior to the country club runaround and Danielle losing her extensions to Ashlee.  Teresa first said something to Danielle and called her "Honey", Danielle replied "Don't call me honey", and from there, the famous phrase "Is Bitch better" was coined!!  

Everytime I hear someone say "Don't call me....{whatever}"...in my head, I'm saying "How about Bitch?  Is Bitch better"!!!!    :-)

ETA:  Ryebread already answered, but it still gives me a giggle every time I remember that episode!!

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 1

LOL, it was just a silly throwback to that NJ felon Teresa G.

I can't remember who she said it to, but it made me laugh.

Teresa said it to Danielle after Danielle told her not to call her 'honey'.  Ahhh...the golden age of the Housewives.

I think Carol works because she needs to work.  But not in the personal fulfillment way of needing to work, though.  She's shown us and told us that 'no work makes her a happy girl'.  She'd rather not work but she needs to, imo.

She's easy to snark on and I agree, mcm, that if she were reading here she'd not care because she's laughing her way all the way to the bank.  No harm, no foul to Carole.  She's creating the snark fodder, a lot of us enjoy taking the piss out of her, and she's cashing a pay check by doing so.  Win, win.

You guys' memories make mine jealous.   ryebread describes the scene and now I can see it.  Damn.  Danielle.  What was that like 6/7 years ago?

sasha thanks for that link - this whole time my mind has been doing a nifty trick of referring to Carole as an actual Kennedy by marriage.   You guys would laugh at my she's-not-European-thought-bubble:  Wait What? She's not a Kennedy, she's a Radziwill!   Which, any and every one of you paying attention already knew.  Lol.

And, I'm in NJ - you are right - it is frickin' freezing here, for this time of year...I had my bedroom windows opened a couple of inches last night and woke up shivering.

girl, I'm over it.  It was 48.  FORTY EIGHT degrees out last night.  In May. 

• Love 6

I was pretty annoyed with Kristen's dig at Bethenny for not leaving her child to go out with "the girls."  As far as I can see, Kristen's a stay at home mom who has access to her kids 24/7, whether she wants to or not.  So to suggest that if she, Kristen, can leave her children to go out for an evening, then Bethenny should be able to do so, too.  There wasn't an ounce of empathy or a glimmer of understanding of the difference between Kristen's situation and the situation Bethenny -- an insanely busy working woman who has shared custody of her child -- has to work around.  I can't believe anyone would fault Bethenny for choosing her child over another tired cat fight over nonsense.

But this show is their job.  They signed a contract that includes showing up for scheduled events to be filmed.  It's seems pretty clear to me that Bethenny had been shirking her responsibilities during filming and the other "girls" were getting annoyed by it.  I would be.  Maybe Beth made it clear to Andy that she'd participate in filming how she saw fit.  Who knows.  Kristen was clearly asked by producers to comment on Beth not showing up to the boxing match and she answered.  I'm sorry Beth is going through a nasty divorce.  I'm sorry she's in a custody battle.  I'm sorry that she's gets Bryn 50% of the time, but so do countless number of other parents and they're still expected to do their jobs.  

• Love 10

You guys' memories make mine jealous.   ryebread describes the scene and now I can see it.  Damn.  Danielle.  What was that like 6/7 years ago?

sasha thanks for that link - this whole time my mind has been doing a nifty trick of referring to Carole as an actual Kennedy by marriage.   You guys would laugh at my she's-not-European-thought-bubble:  Wait What? She's not a Kennedy, she's a Radziwill!   Which, any and every one of you paying attention already knew.  Lol.

Me, too!!!  It's like the friggin' winter that NEVER ends!!!   

I guess Carole is wearing her hipster wool hat today, too!!  

• Love 1

How is it "clear" that B doesn't show up? How is it known what her contract includes? None of this is clear to me. Reaching a conclusion that someone doesn't do their "job" based on such flimsy evidence makes no sense to me.

And, if she wasn't doing her "job," it isn't the province of her co-workers to correct her behavior. Are they digging in the coal mines every day and Bethenny is late with the truck? The people paying her reportedly large salary are the aggrieved individuals in this instance.

Is it even possible to refer to the actual text without assuming extra-textual "facts" that are unprovable?

• Love 1

But this show is their job.  They signed a contract that includes showing up for scheduled events to be filmed.  It's seems pretty clear to me that Bethenny had been shirking her responsibilities during filming and the other "girls" were getting annoyed by it.  I would be.  Maybe Beth made it clear to Andy that she'd participate in filming how she saw fit.  Who knows.  Kristen was clearly asked by producers to comment on Beth not showing up to the boxing match and she answered.  I'm sorry Beth is going through a nasty divorce.  I'm sorry she's in a custody battle.  I'm sorry that she's gets Bryn 50% of the time, but so do countless number of other parents and they're still expected to do their jobs.  

And she doesn't need to do the show, if it really is too much of a trouble. She wants to be on the show, so do what the rest do, film.

• Love 6

I'm so tired of HOs blaming their mommy and daddy. Christ on a cracker! If you reach 40 and are still blaming your parents, it's on you not them! You choose to wallow in your poor upbringing instead of making a decision to stop the behavior. Every single person has a story to tell. I would rather mine be of victor than victim.

That clown wasn't as bad as John Wayne Gacy, but...

• Love 15

This is what I think is happening, honestly.  If so, if she has some kind of special side deal with her boss(es), the other HWs have a legit beef but it's not with her.  I've got a deal with my boss.  I get to go home a little before 4 because I come in a little before 8.  A coworker stopped me not long ago and said what is your deal that you get to go home early.   I said, well lady who doesn't work in my department, it's not early, it's just earlier than you leave, but I work the same 8 hour shift that you do, you're just not here when I start.   Point is, her check isn't affecting theirs, don't hate (<- is that still current :D), if you're valuable enough to the show, cut a side deal of your own. 

Now, if not one bit of my speculation is true and she's shirking work to be with her kid, on principle, I really should be mad at that, but can't.  More misdirection. That's also something for the employees to be salty at the boss about. 

• Love 5
In short: none of us, myself included, really knows jack shit.

No, that's not true at all,  You posted a statement that goes completely against what Carole has said about herself & her late husband.  It was misinformation.  And it also made absolutely no sense.  I merely corrected it with information which has come from Carole herself.  

Why would "old man Morgan" step in and help her when he won't even pay her the money he was actually supposed to give her?

Again, we don't know how Sonja is able to keep her townhouse.  I merely hypothesized that maybe her former husband is helping her because their daughter does stay there when she is off from school.  Maybe he is helping Sonja & maybe not.  And btw, he has already settled with her.  That has widely been reported, because the cash she got from him, along with the property, has to be recorded publicly, in dealing her own bankruptcy & with her paying off this lawsuit -- which she must pay since it was for fraud.  As we see in each ep, she is struggling.  

How is it "clear" that B doesn't show up? How is it known what her contract includes? None of this is clear to me. Reaching a conclusion that someone doesn't do their "job" based on such flimsy evidence makes no sense to me.

It was reported while they were filming she refused to do certain scenes she thought seemed too fake.  Bottom line is Satan Andy seems happy enough with her, so whatever differences they may have had, they worked out.  Maybe he's OK with her judging what she will & won't do.  Remember how Aviva pulled that shit?  Didn't work out so well for her, did it? 

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't blame Bethenny if she is annoyed that Heather calls her Beth, or Mama. I believe Jason used to call her Mama so that would be really annoying. And I don't think anyone should shorten someone else's name when they obviously prefer the name they use. If I were Bethenny I would start calling Heather "Her", and see how she likes it.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2

I'm so tired of HOs blaming their mommy and daddy. Christ on a cracker! If you reach 40 and are still blaming your parents, it's on you not them! You choose to wallow in your poor upbringing instead of making a decision to stop the behavior. Every single person has a story to tell. I would rather mine be of victor than victim.

That clown wasn't as bad as John Wayne Gacy, but...

A few years ago I couldn't sleep and started to watch a movie about JWG, holy hell! I don't know why I did that to myself. I have never had an issue with clown but now, shivers.

• Love 4

I can 'totes' (how's that for edgy?) see Bethenny responding to Andy's request for her to come back to RHONY like this:

"I won't come back for under a million.  My divorce, kid and boyfriend are off limits.  If I need time off for court, Bryn, or my business, I'm taking it no questions asked.  I don't do more than two overnighters with these broads per season and I can promote my SG crap whenever/wherever I want."

Andy:  "Done".

Her balls are that big and Andy was that desperate.

• Love 23

I can 'totes' (how's that for edgy?) see Bethenny responding to Andy's request for her to come back to RHONY like this:

"I won't come back for under a million. My divorce, kid and boyfriend are off limits. If I need time off for court, Bryn, or my business, I'm taking it no questions asked. I don't do more than two overnighters with these broads per season and I can promote my SG crap whenever/wherever I want."

Andy: "Done".

Her balls are that big and Andy was that desperate.[/quote

All the way to the bank.

• Love 1

And, if she wasn't doing her "job," it isn't the province of her co-workers to correct her behavior. Are they digging in the coal mines every day and Bethenny is late with the truck? The people paying her reportedly large salary are the aggrieved individuals in this instance.

Is it even possible to refer to the actual text without assuming extra-textual "facts" that are unprovable?

It's my opinion of what's happening based on what I've seen. Period. 

• Love 7

I don't blame Bethenny if she is annoyed that Heather calls her Beth, or Mama. I believe Jason used to call her Mama so that would be really annoying. And I don't think anyone should shorten someone else's name when they obviously prefer the name they use. If I were Bethenny I would start calling Heather "Her", and see how she likes it.

I have a habit of giving people nicknames. Something will happen or they will say something and a nickname is born (never anything mean) Nicknames include Happy Meal (my daughter), peanut butter cup, waffles, boo boo bear, sweet cannoli (my Italian boyfriend), Bean, copy and paste (they are twins), Hammie, Sgt Hardazz (my trainer) .. it goes on. My point being most people not only take it in the love and spirit it is meant but some of my friends with no nickname are sometimes offended because they don't have one. You just need to know your audience. I don't have a problem with what Heather does but I don't think this is the right group of friends for this particular quirk. 

• Love 6

Amen. I'm not unsympathetic to Bethenny's situation re: joint custody, but it's a work commitment she blew off, not a night out with the girls. I didn't like how she took advantage of the fourth wall by saying she would always choose her daughter over a night out, a comment soaked in sanctimony, and not at all representative of the truth.

She negotiated a huge salary to return, and good for her. But to me, that would come with a sense of responsibility to show up and deliver. I think MotorCityMom wrote about the special conditions included in her deal that other HW's don't get, ie. product placement, not showing the boyfriend, etc... Bravo must be kicking themselves over their decision to give her so much, only to see it not pay off in the ratings. This season's ratings are not only hovering at last year's lows, but this Bethenny-centric episode in particular was the lowest yet - just over 1 million viewers. That's close to Miami bad. Yikes. I'm worried.

• Love 9

I have a habit of giving people nicknames. Something will happen or they will say something and a nickname is born (never anything mean) Nicknames include Happy Meal (my daughter), peanut butter cup, waffles, boo boo bear, sweet cannoli (my Italian boyfriend), Bean, copy and paste (they are twins), Hammie, Sgt Hardazz (my trainer) .. it goes on. My point being most people not only take it in the love and spirit it is meant but some of my friends with no nickname are sometimes offended because they don't have one. You just need to know your audience. I don't have a problem with what Heather does but I don't think this is the right group of friends for this particular quirk.

I guess I can see where it might annoy a person, then address it. I guess my problem is Beth seems to get offended as in Heather is trying to be rude and I don't see that. I think that's who Heather is.
  • Love 5

It was said to Danielle, prior to the country club runaround and Danielle losing her extensions to Ashlee.  Teresa first said something to Danielle and called her "Honey", Danielle replied "Don't call me honey", and from there, the famous phrase "Is Bitch better" was coined!!  

Everytime I hear someone say "Don't call me....{whatever}"...in my head, I'm saying "How about Bitch?  Is Bitch better"!!!!    :-)

ETA:  Ryebread already answered, but it still gives me a giggle every time I remember that episode!!

That will never not be funny. T may be a dum dum in a lot of ways, but that was a good line.

Ugh, yes. It is FREEZING here. No more!

• Love 3

Wow, was step-daddy insensitive when he blurted out "you know your mom never wanted kids."  Not all truth needs to be spoken.  She was just looking for an acknowledgement about how bad it was and an apology.  He needed to listen, apologize and be thankful that he can be a grandpa to her little girl.  He needed to move on.  And if B ever brought it up again, he can say "We already hashed this out and I apologized."

Saw pictures of B's new haircut and color.  Not a fan.

Is this Carole's boyfriend who tried out for Cosmo Bachelor of the year or something about 5 years ago?

nName: Adam Kenworthy

Job: Organic-fruit farmer

Email: IAbachelor11@gmail.com

In the words of his friend who nominated him: "Adam is the sweetest guy – the type who'd send flowers to a girl he likes 'just because.'"

Personality profile: "I'm adventurous and spontaneous."

Do you Facebook or Google a girl you're into? "Yes, but only if we don't have mutual friends who can tell me about her."

Favorite female body parts: "I'm a legs and butt guy."

Touch him here: "I love when a girl runs her hands in my hair."

Hottest sex a girl could send: "I reserve your body for tonight."

Do you manscape? "I keep things trimmed."

What women need to know: "If you try to get a guy to change, it'll never work."

The picture that accompanies this looks just like him, without the facial hair.

• Love 5

Amen. I'm not unsympathetic to Bethenny's situation re: joint custody, but it's a work commitment she blew off, not a night out with the girls. I didn't like how she took advantage of the fourth wall by saying she would always choose her daughter over a night out, a comment soaked in sanctimony, and not at all representative of the truth.

She negotiated a huge salary to return, and good for her. But to me, that would come with a sense of responsibility to show up and deliver. I think MotorCityMom wrote about the special conditions included in her deal that other HW's don't get, ie. product placement, not showing the boyfriend, etc... Bravo must be kicking themselves over their decision to give her so much, only to see it not pay off in the ratings. This season's ratings are not only hovering at last year's lows, but this Bethenny-centric episode in particular was the lowest yet - just over 1 million viewers. That's close to Miami bad. Yikes. I'm worried.

but but but....what if the part we don't know is the actual terms and conditions?  what if, we go with ryebread said for a sec and her contract states the events from which she can pick and choose, how many trips she gets to go on, exclusive product placement and the right to walk off when she feels like it?  What if she really did say all that to Andy and he was like yeah ok, still worth it.  It can't really be something the other hws hold her responsible for if Bravo agreed to it, right?  Now the 4th wall thing where she gets all high horse and refers to it in her THs?  Generally, I don't believe in poking the beast, but I sort of love that. 

• Love 3
(edited)
Bravo must be kicking themselves over their decision to give her so much, only to see it not pay off in the ratings. This season's ratings are not only hovering at last year's lows, but this Bethenny-centric episode in particular was the lowest yet - just over 1 million viewers. That's close to Miami bad. Yikes. I'm worried.

Well, nowhere near as bad as Miami's ratings were -- not yet at least.  But Satan Andy must be shittin' bricks about now, I'd say.  As long as the ratings stay above a mil, the show won't get cancelled.  But with ratings this crappy, is it worth keeping Bethenny on for a million bucks per season?  Me thinks not.  If the ratings continue on this trend, my prediction is they'd do some major re-casting & send Bethenny, with her million dollar salary demands, packing.  I just don't think Satan Andy is gonna let this show die.  Altho he may not have a choice.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Is this Carole's boyfriend who tried out for Cosmo Bachelor of the year or something about 5 years ago?

nName: Adam Kenworthy

Job: Organic-fruit farmer

Email: IAbachelor11@gmail.com

In the words of his friend who nominated him: "Adam is the sweetest guy – the type who'd send flowers to a girl he likes 'just because.'"

Personality profile: "I'm adventurous and spontaneous."

Do you Facebook or Google a girl you're into? "Yes, but only if we don't have mutual friends who can tell me about her."

Favorite female body parts: "I'm a legs and butt guy."

Touch him here: "I love when a girl runs her hands in my hair."

Hottest sex a girl could send: "I reserve your body for tonight."

Do you manscape? "I keep things trimmed."

What women need to know: "If you try to get a guy to change, it'll never work."

The picture that accompanies this looks just like him, without the facial hair.

C'monnnn! Where's the picture?! You had one job! (Not really, but I love saying that in my real life.)

I'm so curious about the date of this if it is Adam Kenworthy. Because if you're saying this was five years ago and he's saying that he's 26 at that point in time...yeah LuAnn's "Sonja young" crack is ridiculous. Actually, it's been ridic because if I recall correctly, in her initial rant LuAnn kept wailing, "But my son is 18!!! And my daughter is 20!!! I have children who are 20!!!" Like it was supposed to be meaningful. 

This is what I think is happening, honestly.  If so, if she has some kind of special side deal with her boss(es), the other HWs have a legit beef but it's not with her.  I've got a deal with my boss.  I get to go home a little before 4 because I come in a little before 8.  A coworker stopped me not long ago and said what is your deal that you get to go home early.   I said, well lady who doesn't work in my department, it's not early, it's just earlier than you leave, but I work the same 8 hour shift that you do, you're just not here when I start.   Point is, her check isn't affecting theirs, don't hate (<- is that still current :D), if you're valuable enough to the show, cut a side deal of your own. 

Now, if not one bit of my speculation is true and she's shirking work to be with her kid, on principle, I really should be mad at that, but can't.  More misdirection. That's also something for the employees to be salty at the boss about. 

Yeah I was never about cowokers getting in the business of other people's work arrangements and the only reason I would give the HOwives a pass at being annoyed is if it affect MY schedule like it did the day of the trip. Now that is a legit beef. One thing I wonder is if some of Bethenny's absences for filming happen at the last minute and affects the logistics of the filming schedule. That would be something that would bother me too. Hey if there's a sweet arrangement Beth has with Andy then whatever but they better make sure that shits organized, mapped and sorted out before hand. If the deal is that Beth can just participate or not participate whenever she pleases and informs production any ole time she wants therefore affecting the expected game plan for a day or night of filming then yeah I think the rest of the cast can voice their gripes with it.

• Love 3

I don't know how to post it!  I'm 99% sure it's him standing next to a tree without a shirt on trying to look sexy. 

(every time I try to post, it says "you're not allowed ... etc)

but but but....what if the part we don't know is the actual terms and conditions?  what if, we go with ryebread said for a sec and her contract states the events from which she can pick and choose, how many trips she gets to go on, exclusive product placement and the right to walk off when she feels like it?  What if she really did say all that to Andy and he was like yeah ok, still worth it.  It can't really be something the other hws hold her responsible for if Bravo agreed to it, right?  Now the 4th wall thing where she gets all high horse and refers to it in her THs?  Generally, I don't believe in poking the beast, but I sort of love that.

Oh don't get me wrong - I totally agree that Bethenny made all those demands in her negotiations with Bravo, and got them all. And like I said - good for her. That's capitalism at work, supply and demand. I think they really wanted to save the show, and thought Bethenny was the answer, so they capitulated on things that they don't with other HW's. They took a gamble, and I guess it's up to them if it worked, but so far, ratings-wise, it hasn't.

So is Bethenny doing anything wrong? Or something that her castmates would consider "wrong?" It depends on how you look at it. Please indulge me for a sec as I compare the show's cast to a pro baseball team. They're all highly paid and holding lofty spots. On one team, the player with the highest salary is paid the most because of his numbers and skills, ie. what he can bring to the team. But he's a prima donna who doesn't talk to the media or do anything above and beyond what's in his contract. This puts more work and pressure on the lesser players, esp. for the ones that are fighting to stay on the team. One another team, the highest paid star player considers it part of his job to do all the extras, and contributes on and off the field. Not only that, but it helps with team morale. Bethenny is like the star player who negotiated a great contract, and is evidently fulfilling it. But I can see why her teammates/castmates resent the highest paid player getting all these exemptions and perks, while they slosh in the rain to show up on time. It's just human nature.

• Love 5

I don't think any of the other HW's know that Bethenny may have extra perks, such as picking/choosing when she wants to film, in her contract. They may believe her contract is along the same style/type as theirs are. Or at least they thought that while filming. JMO

(edited)

Oh don't get me wrong - I totally agree that Bethenny made all those demands in her negotiations with Bravo, and got them all. And like I said - good for her. That's capitalism at work, supply and demand. I think they really wanted to save the show, and thought Bethenny was the answer, so they capitulated on things that they don't with other HW's. They took a gamble, and I guess it's up to them if it worked, but so far, ratings-wise, it hasn't.

So is Bethenny doing anything wrong? Or something that her castmates would consider "wrong?" It depends on how you look at it. Please indulge me for a sec as I compare the show's cast to a pro baseball team. They're all highly paid and holding lofty spots. On one team, the player with the highest salary is paid the most because of his numbers and skills, ie. what he can bring to the team. But he's a prima donna who doesn't talk to the media or do anything above and beyond what's in his contract. This puts more work and pressure on the lesser players, esp. for the ones that are fighting to stay on the team. One another team, the highest paid star player considers it part of his job to do all the extras, and contributes on and off the field. Not only that, but it helps with team morale. Bethenny is like the star player who negotiated a great contract, and is evidently fulfilling it. But I can see why her teammates/castmates resent the highest paid player getting all these exemptions and perks, while they slosh in the rain to show up on time. It's just human nature.

^^ = A. Rod and the entire starting line up of the New York Yankees.   We might be saying the same thing, but especially when you get to the part about a player on another team considering it his responsibility - that there is his feeling and sense of personal duty, not his obligation.   His obligation is to play ball for as long as his contract states.   Now would it help his team and generally the morale of his teammates if he were a sweetheart willing to sit through all the press conferences and answer every question ::looks at Jeter:: absodamnlutely, but if that's not in his contract, that's not on him.  All the rest of his team needs to know how to do is play their respective positions, don't worry about his.  

Hey I'm a huge fan of justice so I get what ya'll are saying about the unfairness of it all.  But if anything, I'd go so far as to say it's ungracious to point to all the stuff your coworker gets to do that you can't.  These chicks were on a show for years without her, she comes back and she's literally the center of it all, she's the one in the middle of the show's opening.  Nobody except B or Bravo is changing the terms of that deal, so how bout the other women step their game up. 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 4

Well, nowhere near as bad as Miami's ratings were -- not yet at least.  But Satan Andy must be shittin' bricks about now, I'd say.  As long as the ratings stay above a mil, the show won't get cancelled.  But with ratings this crappy, is it worth keeping Bethenny on for a million bucks per season?  Me thinks not.  If the ratings continue on this trend, my prediction is they'd do some major re-casting & send Bethenny, with her million dollar salary demands, packing.  I just don't think Satan Andy is gonna let this show die.  Altho he may not have a choice.

Well, he was crapping his pants when a caller compared Bethenny this season to JillZ her last season! LOL

I don't think it's fair to tell someone to "get over" trauma or how long it should take. 

Everyone has their own timeline to "heal move on" from childhood trauma but she needs to stop talking about on the show, it has become repetitive at this point IMO.

C'monnnn! Where's the picture?! You had one job! (Not really, but I love saying that in my real life.)

I'm so curious about the date of this if it is Adam Kenworthy. Because if you're saying this was five years ago and he's saying that he's 26 at that point in time...yeah LuAnn's "Sonja young" crack is ridiculous. Actually, it's been ridic because if I recall correctly, in her initial rant LuAnn kept wailing, "But my son is 18!!! And my daughter is 20!!! I have children who are 20!!!" Like it was supposed to be meaningful. 

LuAnn also forgot to mention she herself is not above a quickie with someone in their 20s!

I don't know how to post it!  I'm 99% sure it's him standing next to a tree without a shirt on trying to look sexy. 

(every time I try to post, it says "you're not allowed ... etc)

Try posting the link.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think any of the other HW's know that Bethenny may have extra perks, such as picking/choosing when she wants to film, in her contract. They may believe her contract is along the same style/type as theirs are. Or at least they thought that while filming. JMO

See how a rumor gets started?  LOL!!  I'm not assuming she does either but it fits her acting noncommittal to being part of an ensemble cast.    She might just be like fuck it, I couldn't come in today, your move Bravo.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 3