Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Family Matters

• Start Topic

(edited)

It's always an interesting exercise watching an episode after reading comments. Like a couple others noted, Kristen's comments about Bethenny didn't seem all that off the wall to me. 

I also got a chuckle out of Bethenny being all, "What's this 'mama' business with Heather? What is this?" Ma'am, at the very least Heather is using phraseology that is currently used. One cannot say the same about "You better check yourself before you wreck yourself" and "Get off my jock." That said, I also didn't see what was so bad about the exchange between Bethenny and the waiter in Miami. When he said, "Let me walk you through the menu," I'd assume that he'd point out any specials of the day as opposed to breaking it down all "And this page says 'Appetizers' and the next page says 'Salads'." 

I'll add my two cents to the boxing discussion. I grew up in a household where my mom would invite folks over for fight parties. I did like watching boxing, but over the past five or six years, I haven't watched. I don't like it so much these days. And forget about it, the MMA. I can't deal with that kind of fighting. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5
(edited)

It's always an interesting exercise watching an episode after reading comments. Like a couple others noted, Kristen's comments about Bethenny didn't seem all that off the wall to me.

i also got a chuckle out of Bethenny being all, "What's this 'mama' business with Heather? What is this?" Ma'am, at the very least Heather is using phraseology that is currently used. One cannot say the same about "You better check yourself before you wreck yourself" and "Get off my jock." That said, I also didn't see what was so bad about the exchange between Bethenny and the waiter in Miami. When he said, "Let me walk you through the menu," I'd assume that he'd point out any specials of the day as opposed to breaking it down all "And this page says 'Appetizers' and the next page says 'Salads'."

I'll add my two cents to the boxing discussion. I grew up in a household where my mom would invite folks over for fight parties. I did like watching boxing, but over the past five or six years, I haven't watched. I don't like it so much these days. And forget it about it, the MMA. I can't deal with that kind of fighting.

My brother boxed as a teenager, my mom would take us (6 sisters) to go watch our brother boxing matches, we loved it. We grew up watching boxing on TV. I don't watch much now and absolutely no about the mma fighting.

I get how some might get tired of hearing mama or Holla but Beth really is the worst at using outdated phrases,so her bitching about how another person talks is crazy funny to me. so yeah Holla! mama!

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4
(edited)
The clown being fed by Beth is according to Andy Cohen the most hilarious thing he has seen on tv.  what?

Satan Andy's sense of humor is usually based on cruelty & humiliation.  That clown looked like a sloppy mess, which was acknowledged in the scene.  Putting himself up for being sloppily fed by Bethenny was humiliating & really quite cruel.  I know, I know, this guy willingly put himself up for this crap, but still . . . I'm supposed to laugh at some guy humiliating himself?  Really?  This is supposed to be funny?  Yeah, Satan Andy, I guess that's real funny shit in your world.

I can think of some instances where Sonja and Ramona referred to grown men as boys, too. I don't get that!

Ordinarily, that would not have bothered me at all.  My mom & grandma referred to men of all ages as boys.  I've always thought it was harmless & sorta cute.  But when Carole said, "Boys can be so distracting", it was her yet again trying to be cutesy & act like she's in junior high.  It's a really grating & annoying shtick by now.  And she looks kinda loony (to me) saying shit like this.

So the ratings for this episode were dismal. I assumed they would be the lowest of the season because I've never seen a more boring episode. I cannot help but wonder what kind of editing Bravo might be doing behind the scenes because of this - especially if there are anymore shows dedicated to Beth and her pile of problems.

Wow, ratings have tumbled down, exactly as I predicted in the thread for last ep.  The prob is we're getting too much Bethenny -- and it's really not Bethenny's life at all that we're seeing.  It's just B whining & crying.  We don't see where she lives, we don't see her boyfriend, and we don't see her working, that is, if she actually works.  So we're really not seeing much of her life.  

We're stuck with B going wah-wah-wah, more boring therapy sessions & her going on endlessly about her past.  It don't add up to much.  And what they're getting is crap ratings.  Satan Andy should be forcing Bethenny to interact with the others.  And if he doesn't, it means to me, B is calling the shots here & this show is big, big, big trouble,

Bethenny said in a TH, that if she has to choose between obligations for the show or seeing her daughter, she will choose her daughter every time.  OK then, B.  Just who was that one pointed at -- us or Satan Andy?  Me thinks she was telling Satan Andy she's calling the shots & he better not tell her what to do.  

Hey, look, he brought her back, thinking she could save the show & bring gangbuster ratings and that hasn't happened.  Now he's gotta deal with her & her attitude of being a bazillionaire.  Good luck dealing with her, Satan Andy,  Nobody can tell her to do anything now,

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

I am not sure how you "wear the story" of a sad, lonely and frightening past. I guess you could drink and drug yourself into oblivion or you could seize on the advantages available (money, schooling, contacts) and make a life. Hey, you could land on the cover of Forbes! If your personal life is not easy because you have understandable trust and attachment issues, you take that into account and take steps to have your child know that she is loved and wanted. See, you could do that with your life.

I would like to add that the past is with you more and more as you age. It does not recede. Interactions with your children recall your life as a child.

For my part, Bethenny inspires not pity, but admiration. She danced with "what brung her," and brought it home.

She's laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe , rather than just the two choices of drugs and drinking vs money, schooling, contacts there is a third option.  Emotional success/growth.

Bethy has, and has rightly earned , all of her financial success, I just do not see the emotional success/growth.  

I don't see the laughter on her way to the bank, just her dragging around the same baggage from the past.

I think the hole she is trying to fill is not one that can be filled with money.

• Love 6

The clown being fed by Beth is according to Andy Cohen the most hilarious thing he has seen on tv.  what?

Andy's a piece of shit. I get that it's performance art and that he's putting himself out there, but Bethenny's snide remarks about him being a hot mess of a clown and his chest hair and whatnot was uncomfortable to watch. 

• Love 4

Bethany's hands are tied. She can't really show her current life, her child, or divorce so her work and past is all she has left . 

Of course B can show her current life.  She chooses not too.  What's off limits is her daughter because of a court decree (most likely).  Other housewives face that same very issue including Sonja, Tamra (OC), Dina (NJ), Lisa WU (ATL) to name a few.

• Love 5
(edited)
I wish there could be a separate area somewhere devoted to the incessant Carole bashing. It's truly tiresome and gets in the way of actually discussing the show.

Carole is part of the show.  Comments about her are about the show.  Shutting down what you see as negative opinions about her is censorship, which fortunately is not endorsed by this board.  If you don't like what you see as negative comments about Carole, either don't read them or please offer why you disagree. 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 16

Gee, I can see why Carole is so into her 20 something.  Such stimulating conversation on the phone.  "It's cold here," she comments  "UGH, that's the worst," he replies.  "Well, better get back to work."  "Yeah, me too."  

Boys are so distracting, she tells the camera with a giggle.

Damn.  You know you're hard pressed to find something critical to say about a HW when you're reduced to criticizing their phone conversation. 

I wish there could be a separate area somewhere devoted to the incessant Carole bashing. It's truly tiresome and gets in the way of actually discussing the show.

Indeed.  I think I'm gonna stick with reading the REalityTea and Vulture recaps here on out for this season of NY.  It's just not fun to see a HW repeatedly bashed for the most mundane and innocuous things. 

• Love 1
(edited)
Of course B can show her current life.  She chooses not too.  What's off limits is her daughter because of a court decree (most likely).  Other housewives face that same very issue including Sonja, Tamra (OC), Dina (NJ), Lisa WU (ATL) to name a few.

Some parts of her life she chooses not to show -- like the boyfriend, and some parts she can't show, like her daughter.  And therein lies the problem with having Bethenny on the show.  But they could get around these probs.  She really needs to interact with the cast more.  And she's not.  She probably doesn't particularly want to.  

My point is -- I suspect Bethenny is probably very, very prickly in following direction.  She said directly to the camera, if she has to choose between obligations for the show or being with her daughter, she'll choose her daughter.  I think that speaks volumes -- not just about her daughter, but that she's telling Satan Andy, "Don't fucking tell me what to do, asshole!"  Look, he wanted her back.  Now he's gotta deal with her attitude.  Yeesh.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
(edited)
Damn.  You know you're hard pressed to find something critical to say about a HW when you're reduced to criticizing their phone conversation.

Not really.  In the scheme of things that convo was somewhat significant in Carole's storyline.  Adam is now her (kinda/sorta) bf & she hadn't seen him in a bit.  What struck me was how unromantic the talk was.  Sounded to me like she could have been speaking to her neighbor or an assistant.  She's more friendly speaking to Heather than she was on the phone with Chef Shaggy.  Hmmmm.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7
(edited)

She was objecting specifically to being called mama, not Heather's general use of slang.  It's Ramona that went on to comment about Heather's word choices to make herself appear cool

Is bitch better? lol,J/K

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Every franchise has at least one character that we love to bash. Witness Brandi, Kim Richards, Theresa, Heather Dubrow, Kenya Moore. Thread after thread posters delight in pointing out how idiotic these people act without an ounce of self awareness. Carole just gives you too much ammunition to not snark her at every turn. She is without doubt the most pretentious, condescending jerk on this franchise.

When you sitting between Sonja and Ramona that is quite an accomplishment.

• Love 13
(edited)

Damn.  You know you're hard pressed to find something critical to say about a HW when you're reduced to criticizing their phone conversation. 

I take it you missed the moderator's warning?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3

Not really.  In the scheme of things that convo was somewhat significant in Carole's storyline.  Adam is now her (kinda/sorta) bf & she hadn't seen him in a bit.  What struck me was how unromantic the talk was.  Sounded to me like she could have been speaking to her neighbor or an assistant.  She's more friendly speaking to Heather than she was on the phone with Chef Shaggy.  Hmmmm.

From what was shown, she had her flirty moments (asking him to bring back honey for his honey). She didn't go overboard with it. I mean, I can imagine how it'd go over if her entire conversation consisted of flirt, flirt, flirt, sexual innuendo, etc. Oooo, boy!

• Love 5
(edited)

All the waiter said was 'Welcome, let me walk you through the menu, the first page is all the food items and the rest is our signature drinks.' ( I imagine he sees plenty of ladies who lunch who prefer going straight to the drinks section lol)

He didn't break down each page.

His sentence probably took all of 5 seconds but it ate up an extra 5 seconds that Bethy could not go over her history....with the ' friend who already knows my history and doesn't need to be told'.

I remember Bethy being more understanding with what service entailed in her early years.  

Yanno the years she was 'broke'.  ;)

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 5
(edited)

Carole is part of the show.  Comments about her are about the show.  Shutting down what you see as negative opinions about her is censorship, which fortunately is not endorsed by this board.  If you don't like what you see as negative comments about Carole, either don't read them or please offer why you disagree. 

Exactly.  

I'm amazed by the sensitivity about a reality show participant on a board that discusses the reality show and its participants.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12
(edited)

I wish there was a reality show forum in which we could talk about reality show participants and what happens on the reality show they participate on.  Oh wait, there is.  And we're both posting on it!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12

OK, cuz I know y'all wanna hear this -- more Sonja townhouse sightings update-

Yesterday morning, the windows were wide open, with 30 mph winds going on.  What looked like frayed curtains/drapes were flying out of the open windows.  And this morning, it was freezing cold -- well, for this time of year anyway.  And yet again, wide-open windows.  WTF???  No other townhouse on that block has all its windows open.  Only hers.  Hey, I don't leave my windows open.  WTF is up with the wide open windows all the freakin' time?

• Love 9

Yesterday morning, the windows were wide open, with 30 mph winds going on.  What looked like frayed curtains/drapes were flying out of the open windows.  And this morning, it was freezing cold -- well, for this time of year anyway.  And yet again, wide-open windows.  WTF???  No other townhouse on that block has all its windows open.  Only hers.  Hey, I don't leave my windows open.  WTF is up with the wide open windows all the freakin' time?

Airing out the smell of fecal matter?

• Love 5

She probably has to air the joint out after her 11-7er goes home.  

BTW--"kadooz" to The Moaner for coining the phrase "11-7" to describe Sonja's hook ups. 

• Love 4

Carole is part of the show.  Comments about her are about the show.  Shutting down what you see as negative opinions about her is censorship, which fortunately is not endorsed by this board.  If you don't like what you see as negative comments about Carole, either don't read them or please offer why you disagree.

And I believe that there are sections devoted to each cast member.

Who wants to do some boring work writing a boring blog for this boring show?  It is so, like, uncool.

Except that I think her past blogs have shown a great deal of thought and effort, and I miss them (especially compared to the blogs of the other HWs). I remember - when comments were allowed - commenters sometimes criticizing her for the length of her blog pieces, but I appreciated them.  

But yeah, I'm curious as to why Carole came back. Maybe she and Heather have agreed to do RHONY as long as the other one has signed up for it.

• Love 1

I hate to think what Sonja is trying to air out of her house. If constantly having the Rocco Flame Farts in front of everyone doesn't bother her, I can't imagine what she'd think was bad enough to get rid of.

• Love 6

But yeah, I'm curious as to why Carole came back. Maybe she and Heather have agreed to do RHONY as long as the other one has signed up for it.

Money and exposure? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Kristen getting squeamish over the boxer's bead of sweat on her leg might want to think about Sonja and her commando moments.  In Vegas Sonja went commando while wearing a tight sequined dress that did not cover her commando parts when she sat down in the vinyl covered booth seat.  hahaha

It reminded me of the time I bought a van for my business.  The previous owner told me he and his wife were nudists.  I bought the van then promptly scrubbed the whole van and made new seat covers.

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 8

Except that I think her past blogs have shown a great deal of thought and effort, and I miss them (especially compared to the blogs of the other HWs). I remember - when comments were allowed - commenters sometimes criticizing her for the length of her blog pieces, but I appreciated them.  

I think Carol needs the money. I can't figure out an income stream since "What Remains" so if someone can post what she's been doing since that book's promotion tour in 2005, I'd love to know. A magazine column doesn't count as filling her time nor income for a NYC lifestyle. I like her but there seems to be a lot of unaccounted for time.

• Love 1
I think Carol needs the money. I can't figure out an income stream since "What Remains" so if someone can post what she's been doing since that book's promotion tour in 2005, I'd love to know. A magazine column doesn't count as filling her time nor income for a NYC lifestyle. I like her but there seems to be a lot of unaccounted for time.

Carole is actually the wealthiest housewife on the show, so I don't think she's doing it for the money any more or less than any of the other wealthy women on the show.

Kristen getting squeamish over the boxer's bead of sweat on her leg might want to think about Sonja and her commando moments.  In Vegas Sonja went commando while wearing a tight sequined dress that did not cover her commando parts when she sat down in the vinyl covered booth seat.  hahaha

It reminded me of the time I bought a van for my business.  The previous owner told me he and his wife were nudists.  I bought the van then promptly scrubbed the seats and made new seat covers.

Ha! Bravo showed her stuff and it was black (not blacked out black) so she was either wearing black panties (sorry to those who hate the word pantie) or she's not a natural dirty dishwater blond.

Carole is actually the wealthiest housewife on the show, so I don't think she's doing it for the money any more or less than any of the other wealthy women on the show.

Where does her wealth come from? I didn't think Anthony had personal wealth.

• Love 2

Every franchise has at least one character that we love to bash. Witness Brandi, Kim Richards, Theresa, Heather Dubrow, Kenya Moore. Thread after thread posters delight in pointing out how idiotic these people act without an ounce of self awareness. Carole just gives you too much ammunition to not snark her at every turn. She is without doubt the most pretentious, condescending jerk on this franchise.

When you sitting between Sonja and Ramona that is quite an accomplishment.

With the exception of Heather Dubrow (I would have thrown Tamra or Vicki on the list in her place but agree with the rest) these are all people who seem to delight in creating conflict and have a hard time playing well with others. For the most part they are not accomplished, intelligent, or happy people in general. I agree with others that the bashing of Carole (although bash away - that is one function of this forum) seems unusual based solely on the reasons that she seems to be bashed. She is very accomplished, smart, and she plays very well with others. She doesn't seem to look for drama or conflict, although she can handle herself if the situation should arise. For the most part she is supportive of the other ladies and is able to mock herself and point out her own flaws. Is she quirky? Oh yea, but I love that about her or anyone else. The most interesting people I know stand out from the crowd. For me it is so nice to see a 50+ woman who seems happy with her life, loves her friends and has lots of them, and doesn't really care too much what people think about her. To be so lucky. For the most part I think that if she would read this forum that she would be fine with the fact that most of the comments have to do with the way she dresses or her affinity for referring to herself as a "girl" who likes "boys". 

• Love 11
Where does her wealth come from? I didn't think Anthony had personal wealth.

He had a reported net worth of $50 million when he died, so I guess it just depends on your definition of personal wealth.

Since I'm one of each, I'd say it probably wouldn't make a difference, but I should stick to answering on my own behalf ;)

LOL, it was just a silly throwback to that NJ felon Teresa G.

I can't remember who she said it to, but it made me laugh.

• Love 3

I miss Carole's blogs and cannot imagine that she wouldn't write them if she could. Why would she not want to defend herself on that forum against the things that Lu was saying about her?

With regard to why she came back. It could be money and exposure, or it could just be that she is under contract. It has always been reported (and confirmed in the case of Carlton) that the initial contracts are for 3 years. 

• Love 2
(edited)

He had a reported net worth of $50 million when he died, so I guess it just depends on your definition of personal wealth.

Was it reported or just listed on one of those sites that guestimates wealth of the famous?  Because Carole herself said she's a single girl with bills and it's a paycheck (and exposure).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542898/Lee-Radziwill-horrified-daughter-law-Real-Housewives-thinks-reality-tacky.html

Carole has made it clear that she joined the show after initial hesitation, but the former journalist decided to sign on out of an anthropological interest- not to mention a paycheck.

‘I am not terribly motivated by money. I am more motivated by experiences, and this seemed like an interesting new experience. But at the end of the day, I am also a single girl with bills. And I thought maybe it might help sell some books,’ she told MailOnline.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have no clue about Anthony's money, but maybe he had really good life insurance? I don't know. It's speculation on my part. Plus, Carole was a news producer for a major network for a number of years. I'd like to think that ABC pays well.

With the exception of Heather Dubrow (I would have thrown Tamra or Vicki on the list in her place but agree with the rest) these are all people who seem to delight in creating conflict and have a hard time playing well with others. For the most part they are not accomplished, intelligent, or happy people in general. I agree with others that the bashing of Carole (although bash away - that is one function of this forum) seems unusual based solely on the reasons that she seems to be bashed. She is very accomplished, smart, and she plays very well with others. She doesn't seem to look for drama or conflict, although she can handle herself if the situation should arise. For the most part she is supportive of the other ladies and is able to mock herself and point out her own flaws. Is she quirky? Oh yea, but I love that about her or anyone else. The most interesting people I know stand out from the crowd. For me it is so nice to see a 50+ woman who seems happy with her life, loves her friends and has lots of them, and doesn't really care too much what people think about her. To be so lucky. For the most part I think that if she would read this forum that she would be fine with the fact that most of the comments have to do with the way she dresses or her affinity for referring to herself as a "girl" who likes "boys".

Yeah, I'd be hesitant to put Carole on a list with Brandi or Teresa. It really does seem like apples and spaceships there. The ire that Brandi inspires, for example, seems to be not only about her major lies (lawsuit) and the way she instigates real life conflicts (outing Adrienne's surrogacy just because Adrienne annoyed her), but some of the off the wall things she got into off camera.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4
(edited)

Carole would laugh her ass off at this.  Where did you get this information?  Neither Anthony nor his mother, Lee Radziwell, were enormously wealthy.  Your information is incorrect.  Carole has money, but she is not wealthy,  She has clearly stated this before.  Bethenny is the wealthiest one by far on this show.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

LOL, it was just a silly throwback to that NJ felon Teresa G.

I can't remember who she said it to, but it made me laugh.

Teresa said it to Danielle after Danielle told her not to call her 'honey'.  Ahhh...the golden age of the Housewives.

I think Carol works because she needs to work.  But not in the personal fulfillment way of needing to work, though.  She's shown us and told us that 'no work makes her a happy girl'.  She'd rather not work but she needs to, imo.

She's easy to snark on and I agree, mcm, that if she were reading here she'd not care because she's laughing her way all the way to the bank.  No harm, no foul to Carole.  She's creating the snark fodder, a lot of us enjoy taking the piss out of her, and she's cashing a pay check by doing so.  Win, win.

• Love 2
Carole would laugh her ass off at this.  Where did you get this information?  Neither Anthony nor his mother, Lee Radziwell, were enormously wealthy.  Your information is incorrect.  Carole has money, but she is not wealthy,  She has clearly stated this before,  Bethenny is the wealthiest one by far on this show.

Sorry, but how do you know my information is incorrect?  I would imagine neither one of us has access to any of these people's bank records.

By the way, to the person who mentioned it before, writing a book in 2005 doesn't mean you stop making money from the book in 2005.  Carole's first book is still in print, in many different editions and languages, and is still a strong seller.  A good book can earn a writer a nice income for years, even decades.  I have a friend who wrote a book in 1980, for example, that's still earning him a very healthy income every year.  That's just one of about 65 books he's written, but just that one still produces enough income for someone to live quite comfortably.  Writing done right can really pay.

Carole would laugh her ass off at this.  Where did you get this information?  Neither Anthony nor his mother, Lee Radziwell, were enormously wealthy.  Your information is incorrect.  Carole has money, but she is not wealthy,  She has clearly stated this before.  Bethenny is the wealthiest one by far on this show.

Exactly.  This is what she said:

"For another, she’s hardly swimming in money—a fact that everyone continues to be amazed about vis-à-vis the extended Kennedys and the Bouviers/Radziwills, but that is nevertheless the reality. “There's this idea everyone's wealthy and living these grand lives. The rumors of Radziwill fortune have been vastly overstated. I read somewhere on the Internet that I have $50 million, and I think what they meant was 50 million pesos.”"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/04/carole-radziwill-on-the-real-housewives-kennedys-and-more.html

Sorry, but how do you know my information is incorrect?  I would imagine neither one of us has access to any of these people's bank records.

By the way, to the person who mentioned it before, writing a book in 2005 doesn't mean you stop making money from the book in 2005.  Carole's first book is still in print, in many different editions and languages, and is still a strong seller.  A good book can earn a writer a nice income for years, even decades.  I have a friend who wrote a book in 1980, for example, that's still earning him a very healthy income every year.  That's just one of about 65 books he's written, but just that one still produces enough income for someone to live quite comfortably.  Writing done right can really pay.

Simple research would pull up her very own comments on it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/04/carole-radziwill-on-the-real-housewives-kennedys-and-more.html

For another, she’s hardly swimming in money—a fact that everyone continues to be amazed about vis-à-vis the extended Kennedys and the Bouviers/Radziwills, but that is nevertheless the reality. “There's this idea everyone's wealthy and living these grand lives. The rumors of Radziwill fortune have been vastly overstated. I read somewhere on the Internet that I have $50 million, and I think what they meant was 50 million pesos.”

• Love 2

As I said, I'm pretty sure none of us has access to these women's bank records, so I'm not sure why folks would get so militant about it one way or the other.  I'm happy to acknowledge that I don't have any inside track on Carole Radziwill's bank balance or other financial holdings.  I can make a somewhat educated guess based on certain known facts, but that's about as much as any of us can do.

And I'll also add that her "relationship" with Adam is a big part of the story so hearing their lukewarm interaction on the phone WHILE he's somewhere with the EX is something that makes ya go hmmmmmm... I mean a big part that's supposed to justify Carole mounting Luanne's nieces ex is that they have genuine feelings and it goes beyond fuck buddies  cause ya know if it was just about a fuck buddy then did she really need that particular fuck buddy at the expense of some serious complications with a coworker/friend? Of course, their scenes together will be scrutinized for validation. 

• Love 3

I get how some might get tired of hearing mama or Holla but Beth really is the worst at using outdated phrases,so her bitching about how another person talks is crazy funny to me. so yeah Holla! mama!

Seriously. The "get off my jock" comment. I hadn't heard that one since the early 90's.
  • Love 6
(edited)

As I said, I'm pretty sure none of us has access to these women's bank records, so I'm not sure why folks would get so militant about it one way or the other.  I'm happy to acknowledge that I don't have any inside track on Carole Radziwill's bank balance or other financial holdings.  I can make a somewhat educated guess based on certain known facts, but that's about as much as any of us can do.

Who is getting "militant"?  The question was raised, "why does she do the show."  Some thought it was money.  You responded that her husband was worth $50M and then when someone questioned it YOU said "how do you know I'm incorrect?"  I then found her very own words disputing her supposed net worth.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6

I wonder if this has something to do with why Sonja couldn't let people come upstairs?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/real-housewife-morgan-house-article-1.1756168

Who is getting "militant"?  The question was raised, "why does she do the show."  Some thought it was money.  You responded that it was $50M and then when someone questioned it YOU said "how do you know I'm incorrect."  And I just dug up her very own words.

I think she does the show to promote her writing and get material for new writing.  She's said that, too.

I can make even more of an educated guess as to what kind of income a person can achieve as a writer.  My husband's a writer.  He co-authored two books in the 1980s that are still selling very strongly today.  One of them reached #1 on the NYT Best Sellers List and stayed on the list in various positions for two years.  Even splitting the royalties 50-50, he did very well, and he continues to receive checks for those two books.  But it's laughable to think that even if he received the total profits from both books we'd be sitting on $50 million.  Carole is not such an acclaimed writer (if she actually did write her own books) or such a huge celebrity draw that she'd be getting the kinds of advances and making the levels of sales that would remotely account for that kind of wealth, accrued from her career as a news producer and then the wife of someone who was barely even famous based on his connections to someone famous--that's several degrees of separation from actual fame.

She's now someone with two books under her belt, the second of which did pretty disappointingly in both critical reviews and sales.  Plus, it's been no secret, since long before Carole became a Bravolebrity, that the Radziwill family lost all its wealth during the Second World War and came to England as essentially penniless refugees.  Just because the Internet says $50 million, that doesn't make it true.  Especially when Carole herself said it isn't.  I believe her about that at least.

• Love 3
(edited)

Teresa said it to Danielle after Danielle told her not to call her 'honey'. Ahhh...the golden age of the Housewives.

I think Carol works because she needs to work. But not in the personal fulfillment way of needing to work, though. She's shown us and told us that 'no work makes her a happy girl'. She'd rather not work but she needs to, imo.

She's easy to snark on and I agree, mcm, that if she were reading here she'd not care because she's laughing her way all the way to the bank. No harm, no foul to Carole. She's creating the snark fodder, a lot of us enjoy taking the piss out of her, and she's cashing a pay check by doing so. Win, win.

Thanks, ryebread that's right it was Danielle. Edited by imjagain