Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

(edited)

I suppose we could've seen this coming. Proper love interests for Meredith and Maggie. 

I see Deloser's sister is going to be a regular on Station 19. In addition to ignoring her brother's issues, what's she going to do, put fires out with her orgasms? (yes, I know she's someone's love interest over there) 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 4

I wish I could be excited about this but again the show continues to add to its already bloated cast. 

Delighted to see that they continue to move away from the Jackson/Maggie fiasco. 

Although I don’t think they’d go there, I wouldn’t mind seeing him with Jo. I think they’ve had a nice chemistry over the last year. 

Ugh to delosers sister, moreso because there’s no role for over there bar being the love interest which will suck screen time away from other characters. I think  Krista et al think they’re a more popular couple than they actually are. 

4 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Yay, a love interest for Maggie. May we be getting away from that horrific Jackson mess.

Maybe he can also get it into her head to you know, "like what your boyfriend likes" and tell her she is on her way to 40, so stop thinking everyone thinks she is a baby and maybe STOP acting like one. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Teddy, Owen and Jo will be sticking around for the foreseeable.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/greys-anatomy-kim-raver-camilla-luddington-kevin-mckidd-sign-new-contracts-deals-continue-abc-drama-season-17-18-renewal-1202989259/

Of all the characters they’ve chosen to write off in the last few years, I can’t understand how Owen is still around. His story should have ended, with Teddy, the minute the baby was born. 

Outside of voice acting, I think Kevin McKidd wants to keep his job and his bills paid at this point. 

I’m sure he does. I’d say Capshaw and Drew felt the same. My point is that I personally don’t feel there’s anywhere his story goes that isn’t repetitive so out of other characters they’ve let go I’m surprised he’s still here. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I’m sure he does. I’d say Capshaw and Drew felt the same. My point is that I personally don’t feel there’s anywhere his story goes that isn’t repetitive so out of other characters they’ve let go I’m surprised he’s still here. 

I agree, the difference with both Drew and Capshaw was the writers "got tired of them" and felt they couldn't do anything else with their stories and said: "Been great, good luck." Same with Rameriez, Dane and Leigh. Unlike way with: Dempsty, Knight, Heigl, Ferre where they were just downright pissed off at the actors for what they were doing off and on the set. 

However, they keep TRYING to use characters that have NO STORY left with McKidd, Williams, Raver or the DeLuca Clan. Yet basically just throw stupid story after stupid story to their WORST character traits that viewers and critics hate. Yet keep going: "But it's such AMAZING story telling." Oh just stop. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, readster said:

However, they keep TRYING to use characters that have NO STORY left with McKidd, Williams, Raver or the DeLuca Clan. Yet basically just throw stupid story after stupid story to their WORST character traits that viewers and critics hate. Yet keep going: "But it's such AMAZING story telling." Oh just stop. 

Yeah, pretty much. I stand by my opinion that Owen and Teddy's stories ended when they had their daughter and they should have had Teddy get her job in Germany back and have the whole family move out there. That was the best possible exit for both characters. But now, we get stuck with a happily cheating Teddy, Owen who will likely get married to her even after the horrible treatment she's given him because he's cheated too, and less time for other characters who should be getting more screentime. 

The entire Avery-Fox clan should also end their stories (yes, even Richard). They've been SUPER played out. Especially for Jackson, whose story ended pretty much when April left but they continue to not know what to do with Jackson just to keep Jesse Williams around (and also because of Debbie Allen and giving her something to do outside of scenes with Richard). 

And Deluca, who they don't know what to do with outside of him smooching on someone, depending on the season. 

I mean, I'd even argue that Meredith's story has been done for ages now. They technically don't really need Meredith; the hospital has Grey in the name. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, pretty much. I stand by my opinion that Owen and Teddy's stories ended when they had their daughter and they should have had Teddy get her job in Germany back and have the whole family move out there. That was the best possible exit for both characters. But now, we get stuck with a happily cheating Teddy, Owen who will likely get married to her even after the horrible treatment she's given him because he's cheated too, and less time for other characters who should be getting more screentime. 

Don't forget now the apparent secret lesbian Teddy is and named their daughter after her dead lover who died in 9/11.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The entire Avery-Fox clan should also end their stories (yes, even Richard). They've been SUPER played out. Especially for Jackson, whose story ended pretty much when April left but they continue to not know what to do with Jackson just to keep Jesse Williams around (and also because of Debbie Allen and giving her something to do outside of scenes with Richard). 

And Deluca, who they don't know what to do with outside of him smooching on someone, depending on the season. 

I mean, I'd even argue that Meredith's story has been done for ages now. They technically don't really need Meredith; the hospital has Grey in the name. 

I agree with all this, which means that basically they should pull the plug on the show now, as there are pretty much no character with interesting stories left.

• Love 4
On 4/25/2020 at 8:53 PM, LexieLily said:

According to Krista they couldn't have just scrapped Catherine buying Pac-North and left Alex in charge there or at another unseen hospital because then Jo wouldn't have anything "fun" to do.

Here's an out of the box idea...maybe she could have had some storylines that focused on, oh, I don't know...MEDICINE?

• Love 10
7 hours ago, auntiemel said:

Here's an out of the box idea...maybe she could have had some storylines that focused on, oh, I don't know...MEDICINE?

Also filling the TV troupe that "marriage means characters no longer are interesting." 

• Love 5

Luddington also put up a post showing she had dyed her hair back to brown which “can only Mean one thing”.. aka filming must be due to start back at some point in the coming weeks. 

On another note Ellen Pompeo was interviewed on Dax Sheperds podcast the other day. I will say I love her interviews. She’s always very engaging. 

Some highlights below.

https://tvline.com/2020/08/24/ellen-pompeo-age-greys-anatomy-aging-photos-interview/

• Love 2

For more than a month now, Grey’s Anatomy, as well as most other ABC drama series based in Los Angeles, had been targeting September production restarts. Deadline can report exclusively, that the veteran medical drama is looking to begin filming next week, Sept. 8, immediately following the Labor Day holiday weekend. The cast is expected to reconvene for their first (virtual) table read this Thursday, Sept. 3, I hear. Reps for ABC Signature, which produces the series, and ABC Entertainment declined comment.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/greys-anatomy-season-17-production-start-date-september-8-first-table-read-september-3-filming-restart-post-labor-day-abc-1234568486/

Ok while the show is basically awful at this point I’m still excited that it’s going back into production. Moreso because it shows some sort of normality returning. 

• Love 5
On 9/17/2020 at 9:46 PM, chitowngirl said:

November 12 premiere date with Station 19 crossover 🙄 Never watched Station 19, never will. I can always follow what’s going on. Crossover episodes need to stand alone for syndication purposes, so I feel no need to be “goaded” into watching Station 19.

I hate crossover episodes.  Yeah, they stand alone and you can basically follow, but there's usually some minor thing in the other series episode that ends up being a big deal later.  I hated the Private Practice crossovers, I hate the Station 19 crossovers, I've ALWAYS hated crossover episodes in any series.

• Love 5

considering how many people have raged about the S19/GA crossovers you'd think they'd stop. but no. they are premeiring with it. 
So. basically we're all gonna start the season, lost. lovely. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Daisy said:

considering how many people have raged about the S19/GA crossovers you'd think they'd stop. but no. they are premeiring with it. 
So. basically we're all gonna start the season, lost. lovely. 

Plus, with the "flash forwards" to get things caught up since they had bits and pieces filmed for the last few episodes before COVID shut down. I mean, I will give them a thumbs up for trying to move forward, but at the same time as many people have said: "You can't pretend the pandemic is over unless the shows are set in the past or future." For someone who use to work in health care and still have plenty of friends who work there still including my own nephew. It's a much different place that the bustling, sleeping with everyone, surgens are miracle workers, the show and Station 19 have done. I mean, are they going to also ignore the major wild fires too? Granted they did an episode on Station 19 about them, but there were DAYS where you couldn't see 4 feet in front of you and people seriously, couldn't go outside. 

10 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I’d rather them ignore it. I don’t watch these shows for reality, I get enough of that, thanks.

I'm with you.

When "Everybody Loves Raymond" was such a huge hit, I couldn't watch it.  It was like seeing my mother-in-law on my big screen.  It was hard enough dealing with her in real life; I didn't want her in my leisure time, too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't think medical shows need to go into Covid mode. I think of them like The West Wing when it comes to politics - an alternate universe. I wouldn't have expected them to address real-time political events. Those didn't happen in that universe. It's not a documentary.

Edited by auntiemel
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, auntiemel said:

I don't think medical shows need to go into Covid mode. I think of them like The West Wing when it comes to politics - an alternate universe. I wouldn't have expected them to address real-time political events. Those didn't happen in that universe. It's not a documentary.

Can’t “like” your post enough!!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, auntiemel said:

Unfortunately, they will.  Most especially Grey's.  They like to do the "ripped from the headlines" thing.

• Love 2
On 9/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, chitowngirl said:

Can’t “like” your post enough!!

They're:

A. Known for taking on topical issues

B. In Seattle, where the first outbreaks in the US were seen

C. Placing the season in the midst of Covid gives them a way to allow their cast and crew to remain safer by wearing PPE, even while filming.

• Love 3

“Wasn’t he with someone?” she said in the Wednesday, January 27 interview, referencing Alex’s wife Jo (Camilla Luddington). “Listen, isn’t that an a–hole move?”

haha yes Heigl, yes it was an asshole move.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I just saw an add on ABC, and Grey's and Station 19 will have a crossover episode, when they return on March 11. 

I've also read several interviews with Ellen teasing whether this is the final season or not.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just saw an add on ABC, and Grey's and Station 19 will have a crossover episode, when they return on March 11. 

Remember when crossovers used to be few and far between because they were very special episodes and a treat? Remember when Grey's wasn't used as glorified product placement for another series? Grey's and Station 19 crossover so frequently that here's nothing special nor exciting about them. 

Once upon a time, Grey's was a medical show with patient storylines paralleling the personal lives of the doctors, not doing police work… because the police would be on the chase of human traffickers, not the DeLosers. But I digress. 

I have yet to watch any of Station 19's half of the crossovers and I don't intend to. 

• Love 4

I think there are usually only 2 crossovers per year?  So this is the second one, and I actually kind of like them.  Station 19 isn't that great of a show, but let's face it, there isn't much else on TV anymore anyway.  

🙄 They're not going to end this season. ABC will allow Grey's Anatomy the grace to have time to craft it's final season ahead of time. I think what they're really trying to decide behind the scenes with Ellen is whether or not to do one more season or two.

I, personally, am hoping that the show ends next season. I'd be fine with it being now, but there's only another month or so of filming left and the ending would be too rushed, especially if they wanted to try and bring back any beloved characters for the finale.

• Love 5

I know greys makes a boatload of money, so I never assume it’s done until it’s done, but I do feel Ellen & others may feel it’s getting close to closing time, if you will. 
I think this has been an absolutely fantastic season, and I could see wanting to end on a high note with such a strong season. 
Selfishly, if the end is near, I’d love one more season.  Bring back the tinkly/sparkly opening credits..bring back more lightheartedness even though touched by dramatic moments. Let us all, as we get back to normal, see fun & normal starting anew on the show!! Give us a happy coda of a season (hell, I’ll take a 1/2 season). 

• Love 4

Great news! Last we heard, April was still living in Seattle with Matthew and gets Harriet half the time so it's not out of the realm of possibility that she'd show up. I do wonder in what context it will be, though. 

Seeing the old/er characters is saving this season for me.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

She better not show up on the beach with the other Dead People! Meredith and April weren't ever that close, were they?

Not really. April mostly got on Meredith's nerves during her perky years and after that they were mainly colleagues. Can't imagine April is on dead-people beach.

Maybe she's pregnant and comes in to deliver? 

5 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Not really. April mostly got on Meredith's nerves during her perky years and after that they were mainly colleagues. Can't imagine April is on dead-people beach.

Maybe she's pregnant and comes in to deliver? 

How did Bailey and Richard end up on Dead People Beach, then? Because they were close to Meredith and in her room so Coma Meredith could hear them?

8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

How did Bailey and Richard end up on Dead People Beach, then? Because they were close to Meredith and in her room so Coma Meredith could hear them?

Richard and Bailey were talking in Meredith's room, but they never interacted with Meredith or George while on the beach. It was Meredith's subconscious that brought them on the beach to sit with her and George. 

I find it hard to believe they'd bring April back to kill her off, nor do I think she's going to come back divorced from Matthew. After leaving him at the altar for Jackson the first time around, I can't imagine the relationship doesn't stick this time. 

• Love 1

I'd guess that April has a patient or a friend that needs help and she brings them in to consult with one of the best doctors in the country.  (That's all of them, isn't it?  Every single one is "the best in their field"? 🙄)

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

An interview with Giacomo Gianoiti about De Luca's end and him time on Grey's. I don't usually read these interviews but this was a thoughtful goodbye to his character and his friends on the show, including 2 days on the beach with Ellen.

I liked that he talked about how he will miss the crew, not just the cast. I think a lot of times when a character leaves a show or a show ends, we think about the relationships we have seen every week between the characters and associate that with the cast, but there is also an army of people in the crew who work with the cast and we rarely see that except for brief snippets of behind the scenes tours where we see stuff like a makeup artist working on an actor or a cameraman waving as an actor says, "And this is our crew!"

• Love 5