Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

On 5/25/2021 at 10:18 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Seattle Chiropractors?  So that Ben, Amelia and Link have somewhere to go after carrying both of these shows on their backs this whole time?  

ETA:  I know it wasn't a spinoff, but it was Shondaland - Rebel was good.  I don't know why they cancelled it so quickly without giving it time.  

Wow, that was fast!  I watched the part of the first episode, mainly for Katey Sagal (Married...with Children is my all-time favorite sit-com), but it didn't hold my interest to even watch the whole episode.  Too bad.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:00 PM, pennben said:

I know greys makes a boatload of money, so I never assume it’s done until it’s done, but I do feel Ellen & others may feel it’s getting close to closing time, if you will. 
I think this has been an absolutely fantastic season, and I could see wanting to end on a high note with such a strong season. 
Selfishly, if the end is near, I’d love one more season.  Bring back the tinkly/sparkly opening credits..bring back more lightheartedness even though touched by dramatic moments. Let us all, as we get back to normal, see fun & normal starting anew on the show!! Give us a happy coda of a season (hell, I’ll take a 1/2 season). 

Forgive me for quoting myself.  I thought this season was fantastic & timely & necessary.  I also wanted another season of the fun that Grey's can be.  I don't usually stay through credits, as I'm on a DVR watching, but this past week I noticed the tinkly/sparkly music ran over the closing credits.  I'm taking that as a sign for optimism & hope we get one more great one, along the lines of the first ones, on the way out.  

• Love 4

It was! Maybe instead of trying to beat a dead horse with the Grey's Anatomy "franchise", how about enrich new shows and give them time to gain an audience? 

I feel like ABC is really bad about this the most. So many Sunday at 10 PM shows cancelled. Grrrr. I watched Rebel a couple of times and while it could be good, it seemed really shouty.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

I assume she’s returning to mentor Jo.

Isn't that what sister DeLuca is supposedly doing? What else is she good for at the hospital?

It's possible Addison will be roped in to Jo's new career path, but I think Addison will be mostly tied to Amelia's story. Former sister-in-law/worked closely together on Private Practice. 

• Love 4

Please please say she’ll cart Owen off with her. I still cannot for the life of me comprehend how he (and Teddy) are still here while so many other characters have been removed. His storyline should have ended seasons ago. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I hope she brings Riggs back with her.  I know I can watch Virgin River to see Martin Henderson, but the more Martin Henderson on my TV screen, the better.  

There's a promo & speculation that Riggs is the patient so be careful what you wish for! 

Also from the promo - please, please, please, please, please let Ellis be a flashback & not vision, ghost, coma Ellis that chats with Meredith.

https://tvline.com/2021/09/07/greys-anatomy-season-18-premiere-promo-riggs-returns/

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, windsprints said:

There's a promo & speculation that Riggs is the patient so be careful what you wish for! 

Also from the promo - please, please, please, please, please let Ellis be a flashback & not vision, ghost, coma Ellis that chats with Meredith.

https://tvline.com/2021/09/07/greys-anatomy-season-18-premiere-promo-riggs-returns/

I don't know... I watched that promo and paused it where they are transporting the patient...

If that's Martin Henderson, well... I'll try to be polite and just say that he's let himself go a bit?  I don't think that looks like him, but I guess we'll see.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I'm going to be highly annoyed if they breakup Megan and Nathan Riggs. They had such a sweet ending. And just because Martin Henderson is busy filming his other show(s) doesn't mean Nathan's absence = no longer together. 

Same goes for Addison and Jake, who she married at the end of Private Practice. 

It's not like Megan and Addison are going to be series regulars. There's no reason why the writers can't just have them mention their men and then focus back on the plot that the characters/actors are guest starring on the show for to begin with. 

I guess we'll see. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I'm going to be highly annoyed if they breakup Megan and Nathan Riggs. They had such a sweet ending. And just because Martin Henderson is busy filming his other show(s) doesn't mean Nathan's absence = no longer together. 

Same goes for Addison and Jake, who she married at the end of Private Practice. 

It's not like Megan and Addison are going to be series regulars. There's no reason why the writers can't just have them mention their men and then focus back on the plot that the characters/actors are guest starring on the show for to begin with. 

I guess we'll see. 

I got the impression that Kate Walsh is a regular again this season. I could easily be wrong though. I agree that the actress who plays Megan Hunt is just on for a guest spot. 

Of course, bringing Benjamin Bratt with her wouldn't be a bad thing....but we're not that lucky. 

Megan Hunt....whatever.  Don't care. She took Riggs away and he was far more interesting as a potential love interest for Mere than the Widow McBoring. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Ever since Zap2it stopped reporting ratings, I haven’t really followed them. Has doing endless crossovers really been helping ratings for either show?

i have no idea

12 hours ago, Evie said:

I haven't listened to her podcast, but I read what she said about yelling at Denzel Washington when he directed.

https://people.com/tv/ellen-pompeo-denzel-washington-clashed-when-he-directed-greys-anatomy/

Yikes. That's not the "You go, girl" moment that I think she thinks it is.

I dunno? I took it completely opposite. Ellen says it was a great experience -- and since it is she who is recalling the incident -- I'm gonna believe her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, taanja said:

I dunno? I took it completely opposite. Ellen says it was a great experience -- and since it is she who is recalling the incident -- I'm gonna believe her.

I'm an actor, and one of the biggest no-nos among actors is directing your fellow actors.  It's soooooo obnoxious.  Pompeo improvised during a scene because she didn't like the acting choices her scene partner was making, and her improvised choice was essentially to direct the other actor on how he should be acting. Then, when she was called on it by the director, who should be giving those kinds of notes to the actors, she responded like a giant, entitled asshole.  No, ma'am.

Now, this is not some blanket defense of Denzel Washington.  I've always found him to be a humorless, self-important, know-it-all twat.  In fact, I have a friend who has actually acted onstage with Denzel and went with him to see Eclipsed (the Broadway play Lupita Nyong'o was in); afterward, they went backstage to congratulate the cast, and Denzel proceeded to give acting notes to the cast.  That deserved a "This is my motherfucking show, asshole, who fucking asked you" response.  However, since Denzel was actually the director of the episode in this instance, he was exactly right to call Pompeo out, and she is the one who comes off like a shithead and deserves all the criticism she's getting.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Avabelle said:

She comes off really obnoxious with the “this is my show motherfucka” stuff. 

I thought so too, I've only ever seen her on things like Ellen or when they do cast interviews with others, she was very much over the top at times with Patrick Dempsey, yet he seemed to agree with her behaviour and condone it. 

This put me in perspective on the responsibility Denzel and most famous black artists have:

Also online there's a video of Jamie Foxx talking about how when he was first nominated for COLLATERAL and he was partying the week before the Oscars, Oprah took him to a party full of older black celebrities including Quincy Jones and Sidney Poitier to impress on him the importance of his getting an Oscar. So if Denzel has high standards I can understand why. Chadwick Boseman was such a loss because everyone including Denzel thought he was going to be the new guy.

Edited by Fool to cry
  • Love 4
On 1/10/2022 at 2:13 PM, windsprints said:

You guys, I promised myself I’d see this show through to the end. It’s gotten stale & recouped & gotten tired & reinvigorated and had great episodes/arcs/dare I say a good season or two in these later years. I’m not hate watching, but Im just getting tired of watching it. Does that make sense?  
i understand that the money makes the decision, but is it ok to just want it to be done?

of course I don’t have to watch & can change the channel & I’ve said that to others over the years/decades, but is there an acceptable time for dedicated fans/actors/whoever to say let’s land this show spectacularly!  Of course until the reboot?:)

Asking for a friend! 

• Love 6

The one thing about this show, it never stops giving with backstage drama!  Not fully sure I understand this story about the writer above. She does write fiction—is it because she wrote stories claiming them as her own on factual sites? made claims for things under company policies? Claimed a story as her own & embarrassed company? Just weird.  

Another story about racial profiling on remote set by LAPD:   https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/greys-anatomy-driver-sues-lapd-racial-profiling-1235114173/

Edited by pennben

2 hours ago, pennben said:

Not fully sure I understand this story about the writer above. She does write fiction—is it because she wrote stories claiming them as her own on factual sites? made claims for things under company policies? Claimed a story as her own & embarrassed company? Just weird.  

Finch is a consulting producer on the show. She told the company that she is living with cancer, and lived that at work. As she wrote in The Hollywood Reporter, "In the past five years, they’ve seen every version of me from chemo-scarf to buzz cut to that one day my left arm decided to stop behaving like an actual arm — and never once doubted my ability to do my job."  

She wrote her story into Catherine's cancer storyline, and wrote more than one feature about that and her perspective on managing rather than curing the disease. A disease that her estranged wife claims Finch never had: she does. 

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I remember that article referred to in tv line where she commented on her departure.

It's been ages but I also remember making comments in a tv interview. I can't recall what show it was though. 

In other news: https://deadline.com/2022/04/jesse-williams-sarah-drew-return-greys-anatomy-jackson-april-season-18-1235007927/

IIRC the finale is the 400th episode. I wonder if there's anyone else who will be back for it.

• Love 2
On 4/22/2022 at 2:47 PM, windsprints said:

It's been ages but I also remember making comments in a tv interview. I can't recall what show it was though. 

In other news: https://deadline.com/2022/04/jesse-williams-sarah-drew-return-greys-anatomy-jackson-april-season-18-1235007927/

IIRC the finale is the 400th episode. I wonder if there's anyone else who will be back for it.

Can we get Riggs back please?  For good though?  Get rid of whatever his name is, Nick...  If Alexandra Breckenridge can do both Virgin River and This is Us, surely Martin Henderson can do two shows too.  

(edited)
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Can we get Riggs back please?  For good though?  Get rid of whatever his name is, Nick...  If Alexandra Breckenridge can do both Virgin River and This is Us, surely Martin Henderson can do two shows too.  

But Alexandra has only been able to do This Is Us sparingly. Matter of fact, she was actually supposed to be in more episodes last season into this season but was unable to because of the Virgin River filming schedule. 

I'm wondering if that's why they couldn't bring Martin/Riggs back at the beginning of the season (or was it end of last season?) with Megan Hunt? Either way, they didn't have to break up Riggs/Megan since Megan has now left anyway. What was the point? 

Speaking for myself, in hindsight, Riggs was a much better match for Meredith than Nick. I did like the potential Hayes had, but the show played around too much and never even gave him and Hayes/Meredith a chance, so we'll never really know how that could've gone. What drew me to Hayes is that he wasn't at all like Derek, especially in the looks department - unlike Nick, who looks too much like Derek I find it irksome. 

There are so many derailed storylines and missed opportunities in the past 7 or 8 seasons due to the show never ending and Krista's writers room changing their minds, that we'll never know the potential goodness that was left in the dust. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

But Alexandra has only been able to do This Is Us sparingly. Matter of fact, she was actually supposed to be in more episodes last season into this season but was unable to because of the Virgin River filming schedule. 

I'm wondering if that's why they couldn't bring Martin/Riggs back at the beginning of the season (or was it end of last season?) with Megan Hunt? Either way, they didn't have to break up Riggs/Megan since Megan has now left anyway. What was the point? 

Speaking for myself, in hindsight, Riggs was a much better match for Meredith than Nick. I did like the potential Hayes had, but the show played around too much and never even gave him and Hayes/Meredith a chance, so we'll never really know how that could've gone. What drew me to Hayes is that he wasn't at all like Derek, especially in the looks department - unlike Nick, who looks too much like Derek I find it irksome. 

There are so many derailed storylines and missed opportunities in the past 7 or 8 seasons due to the show never ending and Krista's writers room changing their minds, that we'll never know the potential goodness that was left in the dust. 

You can speak for me too. 😉

You're probably right about Martin Henderson coming back full-time or with Megan, but a girl can dream!

4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

She's still going to do the voiceovers but she's only going to appear in 8/22 episodes.

Can't say I'm shocked at this.  It was probably let her have a reduced role or she would walk entirely from the series. 

• Love 2

If Meredith is gone for the majority of the season does that mean Nick is gone? So what was the point of Minnesota at all? Other than breaking up Link/Amelia inexplicably for Kai.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Still doing the voiceovers is a clever way of keeping Meredith on while cutting down EP's workload but I really hate them now. After 18 seasons, the voiceovers bear little association to reality.

I don’t know if I would call it clever. But without Meredith VOs, then the show essentially has no title character. And you can bet Ellen will literally be phoning those in from her poolside vista.

• LOL 2