Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

On 4/7/2023 at 2:46 PM, Milaxx said:

I keep praying that they just wanted to make it to season 20 and then call it a wrap. 

They need to. Remember, Shonda famously said the show will end when Meredith leaves. Well, Meredith has left, and Shonda still hasn't pulled the plug. Too many shows these days simply don't know how to quit while they're ahead and go out on top. Yes, the show might still be making money, but it shouldn't keep going solely because of money. Especially, when the stories are becoming redundant and follow the same old formula.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Shonda famously said the show will end when Meredith leaves. Well, Meredith has left, and Shonda still hasn't pulled the plug.

Shonda left long ago. It’s not up to her to pull the plug anymore.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

It was my understanding that Shonda is still an executive producer.

That just means Shonda still gets paid for it. She’s not the show runner and hasn’t been for many many years. She makes zero decisions.

8 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I just went and read that the reason she left was because of some remark made by someone at Disney.  Oh well!  

Shonda was having issues with the network/studio for awhile, she had had one foot out the door but was checked out once Scandal ended.

As silly as it seems, what pushed Shonda over the edge was: She went to Disney with her kids and had called an exec to get an extra park pass for her sister. The executives denied her simple request (because what's one pass for your top show creator?), and especially after all of the money Shonda has made for the network/studio, it rubbed her the wrong way. 

And I don't blame her. You'd think Disney would've rolled out the red carpet wherever Shonda went. She ran an entire night of television for them. 

At that point, Shonda didn't need Disney/ABC anymore. So she took her talents to Netflix where she had more creative freedom and they paid her $100 million. 

Shonda's still the show creator and executive producer, so she still makes money off of Grey's. But this stopped being her show a long time ago. The majority of current characters aren't even hers. Grey's is still on because it's an easy money-maker for Disney/ABC. 

Scandal got to end on Shonda/the show's terms. Not so much for Grey's Anatomy. I, personally, think that's unfortunate. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
43 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

A heads up for tonight-there are 2 new episodes back to back. One at the usual time and the other right after. I wasn’t sure if people had to adjust DVRs…I don’t have one! 

In Toronto it shows as a two hour episode.

Re Shonda/Disney, that's a rodent for you 😂

(My nickname for ABC/Disney is The Rodent (Disney-->Mickey Mouse-->Rodent)  So basically I am calling Disney vermin lol (never have been a big fan of Disney.  I lived in Southern California for over 20 years and only visited Disneyland once (actually, on my first visit before I lived there.  I was more a Magic Mountain kind of guy))

I saw today that Kathryn Heigl and Ellen Pompeo will appear on an episode of Variety's "Actors on Actors" in early June - the first time they will have appeared together since Kathryn left her role on Grey's.  

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, PWHCHCH said:

Just finished watching the Ellen x Katherine interview and I absolutely adored it. I could have listened to that for hours. 

That was a great interview (I just finished it).  Now I want to go back and start watching Grey's from the beginning just so I can relive some of the iconic moments they talked about.

• Like 1

I haven't watched the show in so many years that I have lost count but that interview hit me right in the heart.  It was like watching two friends who I didn't know I missed.  I will even admit to tearing up at some of the still photos that they showed.  But I am a giant sap.  I only wish they had talked more about when Heigl left the show but I assume it's a tough subject and they didn't want to delve too deep into it.  Even though I wanted a deep, deep dive. 

• Like 2
(edited)

It's reportedly only for one episode, but it will be nice to see an "old" face again and get an update on her life. 

I couldn't care less about the current newbies. lol

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 1