Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy in the Media: Incident Reporting

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, moonorchid said:

Sara has tea!

Sara doesn't have tea. But going off of her past tweets, she's seemed to have had a chip on her shoulder towards Grey's for a few years now. Why? Who knows. I think she's just being petty for attention, it's not like she has anything else going on. 

Having said that, it doesn't mean that there isn't some bts issue connected to Justin's departure. I just don't believe that Sara knows anything about it. 

• Love 6
Just now, funnygirl said:

Sara doesn't have tea. But going off of her past tweets, she's seemed to have had a chip on her shoulder towards Grey's for a few years now. Why? Who knows. I think she's just being petty for attention, it's not like she has anything else going on. 

Having said that, it doesn't mean that there isn't some bts issue connected to Justin's departure. I just don't believe that Sara knows anything about it. 

Yeah I didn’t think she has anything about what’s happening now...but she at least thinks she knows something and she’s been a little shady towards greys for some years now. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Oh, I'm sure Sara's departure from Grey's wasn't all that amicable, just judging by her tweets. And I'm sure Sara has no idea what actually happened (I don't know if she really talks to her Grey's costars).

That being said, since we've had several main cast members leaving under shady circumstances, I have no doubt that it's behind the scenes related that Sara probably suspects. This show is probably the number one long running drama that has had at least half of its main cast leave because of some sort of conflict with the showrunner(s). I know we can't know for sure if Justin left because he was having issues with Krista or someone else behind the scenes...but really, why else would he abruptly leave in the middle of the season, besides a health issue (which it doesn't SEEM like there is, from his statement)? 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That being said, since we've had several main cast members leaving under shady circumstances, I have no doubt that it's behind the scenes related that Sara probably suspects. This show is probably the number one long running drama that has had at least half of its main cast leave because of some sort of conflict with the showrunner(s). I know we can't know for sure if Justin left because he was having issues with Krista or someone else behind the scenes...but really, why else would he abruptly leave in the middle of the season, besides a health issue (which it doesn't SEEM like there is, from his statement)? 

All this. This show had backstage drama from the start, apparently. It first exploded into public domain in Sept/October 2006 with IW and PD fight which lead to TRK's coming out, the GG utter fiasco, KH's defensive rant and has never recovered from there. But it had been going on for a while before then with a cast of working actors, has beens suddenly becoming A list again and everyone and their mother wanting a piece of it, especially post Superbowl and once it kept even a fraction of that audience, 

I'd agree and say most of it's original and early seasons' cast have departed under some sort of stormy weather, much of which they don't even bother to hide behind standard phrases, especially on SM. Even "amicable" departures like SO's people rule out guest spots until finale season/season finale time. And actors which were thought to be storyline or actual family related (CL, others) end up with a f-tonne of rumours of bad blood and long running problems. They even turned "not picking up your option for next year" into a last minute mess. 

Justin's statement was the most grateful and polite of the last few long term cast exits and he has never been publicly part of the BTS drama. It has mostly seemed like he does his job, takes the money and is grateful for a long running show that gives him a lot of exposure and also time with his family. 

As he is approaching 50 he might have decided it's now or never to make a jump, especially as he should be set for a while at least and his kids are much older. But that wouldn't have happened in the middle of a season. If they had decided to have the 350th be his last it would be a "Grey's Anatomy Event!!!" They always like those. If now was the time but it wasn't urgent it could have been better planned and played up.

This doesn't at all mean there's one innocent party and one entirely guilty party whether showrunner or actor. Definitely not. However it *is* noticeable that through several showrunners and a massive revolving cast so many (who go on to other things) aren't just happy to (publicly no matter what they think in private) say "so long and thanks for everything" but make comments about it all later. It doesn't ever seem to have been a happy culture on set. 

It could be a private matter or health issue that they want to stay that way, in which case I would think there would be more support from Krista/ABC/fellow cast. Several shows have shouldered the blame for abrupt exits that turn out later to be covering for a personal or family issue. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't necessarily think that SaRa has tea, but I believe that she is friendly enough with Justin to know if it was a health or family problem. And if it were, she probably wouldn't have tweeted what she did. She and his wife have been pretty good friends for years, I"m pretty sure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, AnotherCastle said:

And this is the missing piece of the story. This actually makes a lot more sense for the abrupt departure. 

I feel bad for the guy, I really do. But I'm glad he recognized his limits and what was best for him.

I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything from most of the cast or Krista or Shonda. 

1 hour ago, Deanie87 said:

I don't necessarily think that SaRa has tea, but I believe that she is friendly enough with Justin to know if it was a health or family problem. And if it were, she probably wouldn't have tweeted what she did. She and his wife have been pretty good friends for years, I"m pretty sure.

*used to be, anyway. It doesn't appear that Sara has kept in contact with anyone from the show, past or present, since she bolted. Her focus is elsewhere with others now. 

I don't necessarily believe Page Six's claim, at least not in the sense that he is struggling or is unhealthy. If that was the major issue, why wouldn't we be hearing from the show/cast wishing him well? They can do that without being specific as to why he's leaving. And it must be more than that or else Justin could've just taken a leave of absence. 

I think the departure came first and his stint at the facility followed. 15 years playing the same character can have an affect on someone, and it may not be so easy to transition out of and shake off (everyone and every mind is different). Not to mention dealing with the unknown in "what comes next". The article stating that "there is a lot going on with Grey's Anatomy behind the scenes right now" made me laugh. What else is new! 

Just my opinion, and I wish Justin well regardless of the reasons for his exit. I really hope it's nothing health-related and is instead him wanting to be free to spread his creative wings. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 9

The Page Six claims offer an explanation but it still seems odd; the lack of well wishes, etc.  They could have had Alex's mom need him and have him off screen until the finale or til next season. Its not like they give him major storyline anyway.

If he needed help I am glad he is getting it, regardless of the issue.

The article stating that "there is a lot going on with Grey's Anatomy behind the scenes right now" made me laugh. What else is new! 

Haha that was my immediate thought as well. Its been just about every season.

• Love 2

Either it's a medical or substance abuse. Regardless based on his statement he didn't want anyone to think it was medical or substance abuse so why would his co-stars send well wishes if the cover story was that he was just exiting the show? 

2 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Either it's a medical or substance abuse. Regardless based on his statement he didn't want anyone to think it was medical or substance abuse so why would his co-stars send well wishes if the cover story was that he was just exiting the show? 

*Shrug* Because usually "Hey, good luck for the future" or "Loved working with you" or something else about the last 16 years doesn't have to be coded language for "hope treatment goes well." If that's really the case.  I know of at least two cases where a cast member left for mental health/substance abuse problems and no one let that out publicly until the person involved spoke and the producers/costars still said something nice and/or had a better ending. This wouldn't even be close to the first time it's rumoured for Greys.

If it's true I really wish him well and I'm glad he's getting help but everything is still very abrupt. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 7

Things still don't add up to me. Like some others suggested, if Justin needs to take care of his health wouldn't he have opted for an extended leave of absence instead of quitting the show so suddenly? Especially, because there have been so many seasons in different stages of this show where Alex was treated like a side character. Justin certainly must have been annoyed about it, but if it didn't make him quit before, why now? He always seemed to enjoy that he had a steady gig that brought in good money and a daily routine.

But even if it reached the point where he couldn't take it anymore, in addition to alleged mental health problems, I'd want to believe he cared enough about the character (and the fans) to want some sort of proper ending for him. But this... this is just so weird I can't make sense of it.

• Love 7

To me, this sounds like a negotiation that went very sour. Looking to the rest of his career, Justin and his management may have asked for a more flexible schedule, an Executive Producer's credit, other opportunities within the production and/or a salary hike. 

Both sides had a drop-dead option. Justin's option to walk came at much greater risk (to his reputation within the industry), but he or his management may have wagered that production wouldn't play its last card, either. Or, at least by the time that negotiations got harsh, he may have been willing to bet the house and lose.

• Love 5

Yeah, we will probably never know the details for any of the backstage stuff (dammit!!). Grey's has definitely dealt with cast members needing time off for various personal and professional reasons, so maybe it was a contract negotiation that went sour which led to Justin seeking help or maybe the other way around.  It just stinks that from all outward appearances (which I know don't always mean much) he seemed like a pretty good employee.  Shondaland has a lot of disgruntled former employees in its wake though, so I always side eye them.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

Yeah, we will probably never know the details for any of the backstage stuff (dammit!!). Grey's has definitely dealt with cast members needing time off for various personal and professional reasons, so maybe it was a contract negotiation that went sour which led to Justin seeking help or maybe the other way around.  It just stinks that from all outward appearances (which I know don't always mean much) he seemed like a pretty good employee.  Shondaland has a lot of disgruntled former employees in its wake though, so I always side eye them.

True. Although, we could get some sort of answers down the road, whether that's in a few weeks, a few months, or a few years. 

I do think that, had it truly been an amicable split, the cast and crew would be speaking out on social media more. But, so far, only Alex Blue Davis has (and then some former cast members), which does question the context of Justin leaving so suddenly. So, I may have initially jumped on board with the idea that he left the show for his health, but if that was the case, we would have seen some cast members wishing him well on social media. 

I mean, Krista should have been one of the first people to make some sort of statement. And this news also comes a day after she gave an interview about a potential Pac North spinoff and she mentions Alex. And now, even though it hasn't been 24 hours yet, she still hasn't said a word. Nobody really has, so something serious had to have gone down for Justin to leave the show suddenly in the middle of the season, as well as have basically the entire cast not say a word about it. 

It does seem like Justin could have also caught the Grey's team off guard with releasing his statement yesterday; you'd think at least ABC would have had a written statement to the press if they were aware that the news would be getting out when it did. 

There just is so many things pointing toward Justin's exit being on a bad note, regardless of what it says in his statement (because he could be covering up the bad blood between them and taking the high road, especially with how other actors have left the show). 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Yeah, this was a parting on a bad note. A good note doesn’t look like this. A good note looks like Sandra Oh’s departure. 

And even she is likely not coming back until MAYBE the series finale. But still, a better note than a lot of other exiting cast members.

Oh, look. Ellen finally spoke up:

I'm glad she finally did....but I'll admit, I find it weird because she had a bigger reaction to when Sarah and Jessica were fired from the show. She had whole posts dedicated to them. But with Justin, I guess she could only afford a six word tweet? 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And even she is likely not coming back until MAYBE the series finale.

That’s more to do with her own career goals then it is any beef with the cast or crew. Chyler Leigh appears to be the only other cast member bar Oh who left by choice and without a cloud of mystery around it. The rest it seems to have all gone to shit for. 

Every single character got a better send off than this. Even Hahn. Something must have gone down. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It does seem like Justin could have also caught the Grey's team off guard with releasing his statement yesterday; you'd think at least ABC would have had a written statement to the press if they were aware that the news would be getting out when it did. 

I think Justin's publicist released the statement yesterday because they were told or tipped that Page Six was about to publish the story of his recuperation. 

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

There just is so many things pointing toward Justin's exit being on a bad note, regardless of what it says in his statement (because he could be covering up the bad blood between them and taking the high road, especially with how other actors have left the show).

Also, not speaking ill of a former employer (including Disney/ABC) to everyone who might employ him in the future (including Disney/ABC). The statement was pointedly upbeat and collegial in how it acknowledged all the powers that be. Except the current showrunner.

Alexit.

• Love 3

Also interesting/smart how all of this went down a couple of days after the TCAs so no uncomfortable questions. I didn't pay much attention, though, so I don't even know if Grey's was even asked about. Maybe Station 19?

• Love 1

That's it, Ellen? As the "leading lady" and a producer, I expected more from her. But then again, I also think that she is part of the problem. Worst thing the show ever did was have Cristina tell Meredith that she is "the sun", because now the show - both on screen and behind the scenes - has taken that as gospel. But as much as Meredith is the show's namesake, she isn't to Grey's what Olivia Pope is to Scandal or Annalise Keating is to HTGAWM. Because any episode of Grey's can get away with merely 5 minutes of Meredith screen time, while Olivia and Annalise are in practically every other scene on their shows. There is a difference, and the biggest of all is that Grey's has always been an ensemble. That is, until the show decided to completely switch gears in season 12 and make everyone bow to Meredith's greatness. 

I don't know, something smells rotten in Denmark and quite frankly I don't think the trio of Ellen, Debbie and now Krista are exactly innocent in this latest departure. Yes, Debbie is a legend in the industry, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the show's shift coincided with when she started having a heavier presence both in front of and behind the camera. (I remember watching an interview with Loretta Devine, who played Adele Webber, and she hinted that Debbie was the influence for Adele going bye-bye. And that was back in season 9 before Debbie had as much control as she has now!) 

In any case, I don't for one minute think Justin blindsided tptb. Whatever happened, tptb were very much aware and they just dropped the ball in handling Alex's story and another big cast departure. It is possible that maybe sometime in the remainder of the season they'll fashion a better goodbye for him - even if it has to be an info dump - but ever since Derek died, the show has seemed to want to handle big exits (so no, not Stephanie) as out of site, out of mind because I think they think fans would move on easier that way. But on a show that's already been limping in quality and characters, Alex's absence is going to leave an even bigger hole. I mean what genuinely good rootable couples are left? Other than Ben and Bailey, who have always been on solid ground and now he's on Station 19, Grey's in now devoid of the big sweeping epic couples. At one time the show had like six! There's no more Jolex - even if they somehow keep them together with Alex gone, there's no more story for them. Amelia and Link seemed to be on their way but because of Krista and the writers obsession with giving Owen all the babies, that pure pairing appears on the brink of destruction. And whether or not one tolerates Meredith with Andrew DeLuca, that they aren't universally liked is lackluster for the lead character's love life. 

Shonda's made her own messes with Grey's, this we know. But I have to think that as a storyteller, somewhere deep down - beyond the millions and millions of dollars she continues to make off of Grey's despite having left the reigns in another's hands - she is disappointed in how her first baby has turned out. That she acknowledges, even if just to herself in secret in the quiet of the night, that this wasn't how she envisioned things for her Grey's Anatomy. 

• Love 12

I’m sorry something happened big time cause the silence is deafening. 

Ellen has power here and some responsibility. You want to be the highest paid female actress on tv? You want to be the only one on the poster? You want to be celebrated? You want to be a producer? You don’t get to throw your hands up and claim “it’s above my pay grade”, if she could retweet an article with two sentences, she could put out a statement. That goes for her, Krista Vernoff, Debbie Allen, AND Shonda Rhimes!

• Love 8

I was just thinking about making some time to catch up on the last 2 seasons when this news dropped. Guess I won't be catching up then because Alex's scenes were some of the only ones I didn't watch on double speed back when I still forced myself to watch the show.

Something definitely went down. The negotiation theory sounds legit. Or JC had some midlife crisis with his 50th coming up and the kids out of the house so he up and quit suddenly which caused bad blood towards him from showrunners.

All the former cast I still keep up with seems infinitely happier post Grey's and I hope he will be too. With his talent and name recognition it shouldn't be too hard to get another gig unless he gets blacklisted.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

That's it, Ellen? As the "leading lady" and a producer, I expected more from her. But then again, I also think that she is part of the problem. Worst thing the show ever did was have Cristina tell Meredith that she is "the sun", because now the show - both on screen and behind the scenes - has taken that as gospel. But as much as Meredith is the show's namesake, she isn't to Grey's what Olivia Pope is to Scandal or Annalise Keating is to HTGAWM. Because any episode of Grey's can get away with merely 5 minutes of Meredith screen time, while Olivia and Annalise are in practically every other scene on their shows. There is a difference, and the biggest of all is that Grey's has always been an ensemble. That is, until the show decided to completely switch gears in season 12 and make everyone bow to Meredith's greatness. 

I don't know, something smells rotten in Denmark and quite frankly I don't think the trio of Ellen, Debbie and now Krista are exactly innocent in this latest departure. Yes, Debbie is a legend in the industry, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the show's shift coincided with when she started having a heavier presence both in front of and behind the camera. (I remember watching an interview with Loretta Devine, who played Adele Webber, and she hinted that Debbie was the influence for Adele going bye-bye. And that was back in season 9 before Debbie had as much control as she has now!) 

In any case, I don't for one minute think Justin blindsided tptb. Whatever happened, tptb were very much aware and they just dropped the ball in handling Alex's story and another big cast departure. It is possible that maybe sometime in the remainder of the season they'll fashion a better goodbye for him - even if it has to be an info dump - but ever since Derek died, the show has seemed to want to handle big exits (so no, not Stephanie) as out of site, out of mind because I think they think fans would move on easier that way. But on a show that's already been limping in quality and characters, Alex's absence is going to leave an even bigger hole. I mean what genuinely good rootable couples are left? Other than Ben and Bailey, who have always been on solid ground and now he's on Station 19, Grey's in now devoid of the big sweeping epic couples. At one time the show had like six! There's no more Jolex - even if they somehow keep them together with Alex gone, there's no more story for them. Amelia and Link seemed to be on their way but because of Krista and the writers obsession with giving Owen all the babies, that pure pairing appears on the brink of destruction. And whether or not one tolerates Meredith with Andrew DeLuca, that they aren't universally liked is lackluster for the lead character's love life. 

Shonda's made her own messes with Grey's, this we know. But I have to think that as a storyteller, somewhere deep down - beyond the millions and millions of dollars she continues to make off of Grey's despite having left the reigns in another's hands - she is disappointed in how her first baby has turned out. That she acknowledges, even if just to herself in secret in the quiet of the night, that this wasn't how she envisioned things for her Grey's Anatomy. 

I agree with so much of this. The show has changed ad I think those changes stared to happen around season 10. It shifted. Up until then they presented the show as an ensemble, yes it was named after Meredith but it was kind of the characters were more or less equal. if you look at the interview at the early seasons that is what they are trying to sell. Then the change happened, it apparently was always about Meredith and the supporting cast. And if that is what they wanted its fine, but you can't change your narrative after 10 years. I think Allen had a big influence on this, never really liked the changes that came when she became a show runner. I also think Ellen's hand are not clean in all of these. And I still like her a lot, but I do think power has kind of gotten to her head and she kind of really thinks she is the sun now. It seems like she is trying to prove a point. It would be much better if she let the show go, I think she would get a lot more respect. 

But really who is there to root for anymore? Jolex were one of main big couples left. Ben and Bailey were never even that big, and he is on another show. (And they are even trying to push station 19 to grey's fans, they are having a hard enough time pushing grey's , let alone these other characters.) Chief with Catherin , no one seem to like her anyways, Owen and his many women and babies. Amelia and Link seemed cute but I guess Owen needs more babies and women. Don't get me started on Meredith and the baby, if they will give her a love interest make it with some man with substance, that has character and at least a little more chemistry than the non existent chemistry Ellen has with Giacomo. 

This is not just one abrupt departure, its seems like one of many. They say where there is smoke there is fire. I don't even know if it was a contract thing. Because he would have been there at least until the end of the season.  Also I think the originals are up for negotiations at the same time. And I think they are signed until next season. I believe Dempsey was let go mid/late season 11 but they had to pay him for most of season 12 as well because they had a contract. So I am not sure how it will go down with Chambers. 

To be honest though, as someone mentioned above, it does seem like the cast who has left are in much better places and happy. Oh is great in her new show and getting nominated and awards . Dempsey had a miniseries, and e new one coming up, and it seems like they are actually using his acting chops, in addition to producing and making documentaries, his cancer centre. Ramirez was on Madame Secretary. Dane, Leigh have had a few more shows. So really this might be the best for Justin. 

If they had ended it season 8 or even 10 they would have had so much more dignity and respect. Let people want more don't drag it until its last breath. 

• Love 8

The more I think about it I think there's a possibility that they wanted to do Pac North spinoff and JC didn't agree to that. And I think showrunnes and producers of this show are kind of people who say 'you do it my way or get out' and maybe he chose to get out. And if that's the case I can't blame him. In case getting out of Grey's world he propably wanted to do something entirely different and not some Grey's slops.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

But who would turn down a spin-off that will give your character more focus?

If anything I could see Justin demanding more of something (Storylines? Screentime? Money?) and TPTB refusing. Because I could absolutely see those people having an "Do it our way or get out" attitude.

It bothers me that we will never know what exactly went down. I feel so disrespected as a fan by this curveball.

I'm also not sure that story about his mental health issues is legit. So far there has only been one site that wrote about it. Not a single other media outlet has picked it up. That makes me wary.

• Love 1

He hasn’t had storylines in years. I’d be surprised that it now bothered him. I’d say he either wanted more money or maybe an exec producer credit. Having said that though to leave right in the middle of filming with no notice or exit suggests to me that it could be health issues and his statement about diversifying his career is more to not draw further attention to himself (failed of course). Either that or he did something seriously bad that got him fired? But I think they’d have said that and it would be out by now..

• Love 1

Per a friend of mine who is... familiar with the set, Chambers wasn't being let go. He wasn't moving to any spin-off (there was never a Pac-Gen spinoff on the table). He was signed on through the end of next season. He's very well-liked on set, good friends with Ellen, Jesse, etc. He asked for time off for personal issues, which he was granted, and then amidst that break, he approached ABC and the producers asking to be let go from his contract immediately. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

Per a friend of mine who is... familiar with the set, Chambers wasn't being let go. He wasn't moving to any spin-off (there was never a Pac-Gen spinoff on the table). He was signed on through the end of next season. He's very well-liked on set, good friends with Ellen, Jesse, etc. He asked for time off for personal issues, which he was granted, and then amidst that break, he approached ABC and the producers asking to be let go from his contract immediately. 

So maybe a new project was offered to him that he didn't want to miss out on?

Regardless, if this story is true I'm disappointed in Justin that he didn't care enough about the character or the fans to give Alex a proper ending.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave, because the lack of screentime and storylines was insulting, but this? This is not okay.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, GSMHvisitor said:

So maybe a new project was offered to him that he didn't want to miss out on?

Regardless, if this story is true I'm disappointed in Justin that he didn't care enough about the character or the fans to give Alex a proper ending.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave, because the lack of screentime and storylines was insulting, but this? This is not okay.

I don't think it has anything to do with other work/parts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm guessing whatever personal issues prompted his break turned out to be much bigger to deal with. And if that's the case maybe he's guarding his privacy and his coworkers are cooperating by not posting stuff online. 

• Love 16

1 minute ago, anna0852 said:

I'm guessing whatever personal issues prompted his break turned out to be much bigger to deal with. And if that's the case maybe he's guarding his privacy and his coworkers are cooperating by not posting stuff online. 

Yeah it must be really severe if he decided to quit altogether. Now I'm worried he or his family might be ill.

I wonder if we will finally hear something from cast & crew once the show comes back. I'd expect them to wish him well and thank him for his work at the very least.

• Love 2

I am starting to see a lot of speculation show up online with specific regards to the fact that the facility he has checked into is the same facility that Selena Gomez and Kit Harington went to deal with 'mental health issues' ........ and depending on what you have read or heard or want to believe about either of those two and other reasons why they needed a rehab facility, well, there's talk.  Take this as you will.  I am most certainly not wanting to believe the worst for his sake; I haven't watched this show in a long time and was still very shook by this news and wish him nothing but good health and happiness. 

A second source told us that, “Justin was at Privé-Swiss being treated for stress, depression and life-coaching. There is a lot going on with [‘Grey’s Anatomy”] behind-the-scenes right now.”

hmm

45 minutes ago, GSMHvisitor said:

I'm always sad when a character (or plot or show) doesn't get a satisfying conclusion, but I understand there a hundred moving parts that go into decisions like this and it rarely comes down to an actor deciding it in a vacuum. 

• Love 2

Apparently a major part of Ellen's 2-year contract signing last year was making sure that the other 3 originals wanted to stick around, as well. They really wanted to make it to the end together. If any one of them wanted to leave, Ellen likely wouldn't have signed for 16 and 17. I think this departure was a huge shock for everyone.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

For a million an episode I think she might have still signed. I don’t say that to sound like a smart ass I just think it’s become really obvious that the show is just a cash cow and they stopped caring about the storyline/characters/ending a long time ago.

• Love 11

Justin does have a history of sleep disorders, and that can really drag you down.    I bet all of the behind the scenes drama, wasn't easy on him or anyone else on the show either.     

My guess is that what ever his demand was,  he either wanted to do other projects, and wanted additional time off, or wanted something like a producer credit or direct a certain number of episodes.   The other possibility is that he wasn't happy with the paltry scenes, and reduced story lines, and wanted better.   So when he didn't budge on the changes he demanded, his character was sent to help his mother, and he was told he was gone.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama