Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

So, read on multiple fb posts that Alex and Izzy's kids were listed as cast members for the first episode.  Anyway, I went to have a look.  Not only are they listed, but so are Sara Ramirez, Jessica Capshaw, Kate Walsh and a couple of other old cast members.  Not Justin or Katherine, but still.  Was actually hoping for Martin Henderson, but his name wasn't there :(  

Is this people reaching and hoping or actual possibility?  If it is a possibility, it's going to be a very full on episode.  

Any thoughts? 

Martin Henderson was in an episode of My Life is Murder, season 2. At least one episode. I haven't watched all of them (and not all are released).

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Anela said:

Martin Henderson was in an episode of My Life is Murder, season 2. At least one episode. I haven't watched all of them (and not all are released).

Season 2 of My Life Is Murder was filmed in New Zealand.

• Love 2

Press release for 18x14, putting it here in case it is deemed spoilery: 

GREY’S ANATOMY 18x14 – “Road Trippin’”

Tensions at Grey Sloan Memorial rise as the effects of the physician shortage begin to show. Meanwhile, Meredith struggles to step away from work as she spends a sick day at home with Zola, and the hospital receives an unexpected visitor on a new episode of “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, MARCH 31 (9:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

Seriously, what is the deal with Meredith and her obvious lack of parenting this season? I guess it wouldn't be so glaring if her storyline wasn't revolved around blowing them off for her new boyfriend and hopping flights to and from MN. Is it that much of a hardship for her to stay home for one day with her sick child?  It's like tptb want us to forget that she was in a COVID coma most of last season and her kids were the reason she didn't stay on the beach with Derek. 

If it were earlier in the series when the writing was better, I'd think Meredith's shitty absent parenting was intentional and leading somewhere. But I know it's just these writers being lazy. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 3

I think Meredith has been shown over and over to put everything over her kids. I went and read a recap about her going back for the kids because I just could not recall:

The couple then goes on to discuss their kids, with Meredith making the case that their kids are resilient and will be okay, while Derek insists that they still need her, joking that they don’t want the trauma of losing a parent to turn their kids into his sister Amelia (Caterina Scorsone), who went into an extended dark period after their father was murdered—a pretty dark and twisty joke, to be sure, but appropriate for his dark and twisty wife.

After reading it did come back, her "they'll get over it" attitude & it was Derek who wanted her to go to the kids.

All season she's treated her kids like it's such a hardship being with them so it being a struggle to stay home for 1 day with her kids fits.

I'm more interested in who the unexpected visitor could be, Anyone have a guess?

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I think Meredith has been shown over and over to put everything over her kids. I went and read a recap about her going back for the kids because I just could not recall:

After reading it did come back, her "they'll get over it" attitude & it was Derek who wanted her to go to the kids.

All season she's treated her kids like it's such a hardship being with them so it being a struggle to stay home for 1 day with her kids fits.

I'm more interested in who the unexpected visitor could be, Anyone have a guess?

I remember that. She wanted to stay with Derek. If she hadn't wanted Zola so much, you would think she only had kids for Derek's sake. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, windsprints said:

My guess is Addison. I remember hearing that Kate Walsh would be back for another episode later in the season. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

My guess is Addison. I remember hearing that Kate Walsh would be back for another episode later in the season. 

Oh good, I didn't know she was going to be back. At this point I just want someone alive and not Dead Denny or some vision.

• Love 2

So, I just watched episode 17 of season 18.  Richard drank Catherine's cannabis drink.  And then at the end, she said her cancer had progressed. 

This is sheer speculation, I haven't read any spoilers and this is me putting 2 and 2 together and making 22 of it :)  

Since Jackson and April are coming back in the finale, does this mean she will die or will there be yet another life-saving miracle surgery and she will survive?  While I love watching Debbie Allen, she gives her all in every scene, I find her overbearing and downright rude a lot of the time and Catherine dying wouldn't be a bad thing.  Maybe Korascic will be back too and he and Amelia (and Meredith because she almost became a neurosurgen) can save her life again? 

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

So, I just watched episode 17 of season 18.  Richard drank Catherine's cannabis drink.  And then at the end, she said her cancer had progressed. 

This is sheer speculation, I haven't read any spoilers and this is me putting 2 and 2 together and making 22 of it :)  

Since Jackson and April are coming back in the finale, does this mean she will die or will there be yet another life-saving miracle surgery and she will survive?  While I love watching Debbie Allen, she gives her all in every scene, I find her overbearing and downright rude a lot of the time and Catherine dying wouldn't be a bad thing.  Maybe Korascic will be back too and he and Amelia (and Meredith because she almost became a neurosurgen) can save her life again? 

Oh, that would be a logical reason for them to come back. Is it bad that I sort of hope they *don't* save her life? It just seems unrealistic to be able to have two life-saving surgeries like that. But then, I don't want Richard in mourning, so I don't know.... Maybe if the surgery just buys her some time as opposed to a cure.

Though I'm all for Koracic coming back for whatever reason!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

Oh, that would be a logical reason for them to come back. Is it bad that I sort of hope they *don't* save her life? It just seems unrealistic to be able to have two life-saving surgeries like that. But then, I don't want Richard in mourning, so I don't know.... Maybe if the surgery just buys her some time as opposed to a cure.

Though I'm all for Koracic coming back for whatever reason!

she can die.  I don't get why she is there busting balls about leaving anyway, Jackson is in charge of the foundation these days anyway.  I get her name is on it, but seriously.  We can lose Catherine.  

• Love 2
On 5/18/2022 at 4:51 PM, LittlePeas3 said:

she can die.  I don't get why she is there busting balls about leaving anyway, Jackson is in charge of the foundation these days anyway.  I get her name is on it, but seriously.  We can lose Catherine.  

If she does go, wonder if Debbie Allen will reprise her role as Hondo's mother on SWAT? (Although, she might have given that up because of her producer duties on Grey's as well as the occasional acting appearance.  I assume she will still be a producer)

So, since Teddy and Owen are on the run for doing dumb sh*t, who can they humour me with and bring back?  Can we have Arizona (since we don't have a pediatric surgeon) and Callie (who cares if we have 2 orthos?  We've had 3 cardiac surgeons!)  

I enjoyed Jackson and April back too - April can replace Owen :)  and we rarely see the new plastics lady anyway. 

And  I say who cares about the interns and the residents, they are all boring!  

• Love 3

The show might be more interesting if Grey Sloan isn't a teaching hospital. Instead, it can be a research hospital. That way Nick and Kai can stay in Seattle and do their research close to the ones they love. We will also not have to have scenes with the hapless interns/residents who we don't care about anyway and who really haven't added anything to the story lines in years. Instead of bringing in new residents, the hospital can have a bunch of new attendings. Bailey said they hired some new ones. After 18 years, the show can focus on the attendings and all the groundbreaking surgeries they are doing.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

The show might be more interesting if Grey Sloan isn't a teaching hospital. Instead, it can be a research hospital. That way Nick and Kai can stay in Seattle and do their research close to the ones they love. We will also not have to have scenes with the hapless interns/residents who we don't care about anyway and who really haven't added anything to the story lines in years. Instead of bringing in new residents, the hospital can have a bunch of new attendings. Bailey said they hired some new ones. After 18 years, the show can focus on the attendings and all the groundbreaking surgeries they are doing.  

I love this and wish it was true.  This show has been on for 18 years, like the "intern" and "resident" program, it needs to evolve too.  As someone who has watched from the beginning, they need new storylines if they want it to keep going and to feel relevant.  Covid seems to have put a huge dent in the storylines, the just haven't recovered,  While it would have been stupid to deny Covid happening, I really wish they had.  A whole season of Meredith in a coma, while we got to see Derek and George and Lexie and Mark, really slowed things down.  It needs life and direction again, and Meredith and Amelia joined in on innovation, surely there could be some cardio research happening? They have 3 cardio thoracic surgeons (if Teddy returns) and Owen could come up with some new trauma-based technology (also if he returns).  There is plenty of scope there :)  

• Love 1
On 6/1/2022 at 3:35 PM, LittlePeas3 said:

It needs life and direction again,

And a shift away from Meredith being the be-all and end-all of everything. 19 seasons and the character has really been played out. And all the praise for "the Sun" fall so fake.

There are other characters who could carry good medical storylines. Spend some more time with them.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I’m wondering where they’re going with all of the new cast members. I’m assuming we’re getting some sort of time jump that allows residents and interns back into the hospital but with Queen Meredith in charge of the entire hospital. 

• Love 1

Grey's has been a consistent disappointment for years now, so I wouldn't be surprised if - in addition to the 5 new residents they've cast and are adding to the show - they keep useless Schmitt and the other merry band of idiot residents that have been chewing screen time. 

On 7/31/2022 at 6:09 PM, funnygirl said:

Grey's has been a consistent disappointment for years now, so I wouldn't be surprised if - in addition to the 5 new residents they've cast and are adding to the show - they keep useless Schmitt and the other merry band of idiot residents that have been chewing screen time. 

Schmitt will be Chief of Surgery.

• Sad 2
  • LOL 2

I've been watching older episodes on Lifetime. I don't know why I keep watching this show, but I don't care what unrealistic thing they do next as long as they never bring back Izzy or Callie, the two most annoying characters for me upon rewatch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This past season was truly awful. I didn't care one bit about any of the Minneapolis folks. Teddy/Owen are insufferable. Nico/Levi need to realize they just aren't right for each other. I was hopeful at the end of the previous season, but then this season happened and they broke up AGAIN. Just give them other love interest and let them move on. Please give the new interns actual storylines & backstories. I have to admit, I'm a Harry Shum Jr fan so I hope he gets an actual storyline.

Sorta, kinda explains how they get the residency program back. Sounds like an experimental program to take residents that may not have matched elsewhere. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CiLEpblhfgW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I wasn't a fan of it but I cannot overstate how distasteful I find an intern/attending relationship in 2022. Especially for Linc who has had a couple of good romance on the show already with peers.

The lengths Krista is going to to keep Amelia and Link, who were delightful together until they imploded for no reason, apart.  

Not that Attending/Resident relationships aren't the norm around Seattle Grace Mercy West Grey Sloan Memorial, but from the preview they are essentially ripping off Meredith and Derek with Link and new girl. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 7/31/2022 at 6:09 PM, funnygirl said:

The main problem I have with this latest bunch of residents is they never actually gave them personalities. Except for Schmitt we know nothing about their lives outside the hospital or their personalities. They are mostly just the butt of jokes. This show started following Grey and her fellow interns. We knew all about their backgrounds & families. We barely know last names for half this bunch. 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 3

The year of Jos intern class they were very integrated with the main cast but that also annoyed people as it was too fixed. They’ve half assed each class since then but this year it seems they might be trying to put them centrefold with the potential Linc/Adelaide romance and the other characters getting promos and backgrounds. 

• Love 3

I saw a promo for the new season and realized that I have no anticipation for this show anymore, especially when someone said something about the new interns "they have a lot of potential". In previous intern groups I was interested in the vet hacker and instead I got endless Schmidt and Helm-as-a-joke (a waste of the actress). In the last batch I was interested in the mother/daughter interns but they disappeared and the only ones I remember is the big guy whose name I don't even know and the token Asian woman.

Owen and Teddy are back (why?), Meredith (/Ellen) is in a job she doesn't want because she's the 'Grey' in the title and  Amelia has gone from the best relationship on the show to the worst. The writing has ruined the show and teasing a Linc/Adelaide romance reprising Mer/Der shows how creatively dead it is.

I am strongly tempted to spend the hour watching reruns of Murder She Wrote which is what another channel is playing.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 9/30/2022 at 7:12 AM, statsgirl said:

I am strongly tempted to spend the hour watching reruns of Murder She Wrote which is what another channel is playing.

If I want to watch cheese and characters I care about, I could do that. Plus I always like her head shake at the end. 

On 9/30/2022 at 7:12 AM, statsgirl said:

In previous intern groups I was interested in the vet hacker and instead I got endless Schmidt and Helm-as-a-joke (

I've complained about this too. The interns I cared about were never more to be seen. I'm so tired of the endless Schmidt.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

https://screenrant.com/greys-anatomy-season-19-meredith-exit-storyline-details/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox-GAF&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1PrAKyBW817es_HUkvbaslE4VpFL8ZPRDwF1rbELEGs6TnOBJQr0Gh9cg#Echobox=1666411003 

Not sure if this belongs here, or in the Media link, but what do we think of Meredith only being in the first 8 episodes? I think I would have preferred random 8 episodes through the season, as they could just have her "behind scenes" managing the hospital. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

https://screenrant.com/greys-anatomy-season-19-meredith-exit-storyline-details/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox-GAF&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1PrAKyBW817es_HUkvbaslE4VpFL8ZPRDwF1rbELEGs6TnOBJQr0Gh9cg#Echobox=1666411003 

Not sure if this belongs here, or in the Media link, but what do we think of Meredith only being in the first 8 episodes? I think I would have preferred random 8 episodes through the season, as they could just have her "behind scenes" managing the hospital. 

I'm surprised they're only having her in the first 8--I had also assumed she'd be sprinkled throughout the season. Reading that article, it makes me wonder if one of her kids has a rare medical condition or, say, a particularly bad form of cancer, and a hospital in a location other than Seattle (or Minnesota) specializes in it. Or there's a clinical trial going on. That would make sense for her to leave town to be with her sick child.

Yes, they were just showing Zola having anxiety and also being gifted, but I can't really see Meredith leaving Seattle (or at least her job) over that. Perhaps if the anxiety were very severe? Or, I don't know, if somehow only one school in the country/world could handle her extreme intelligence?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Maybe Meredith has to take Zola back to her birthplace in Africa for some reason. 

While she’s there she discovers a cure for starvation so that ask her to stay on.

• LOL 3

Ellen's gone but Meredith is slated to be back for the season 19 finale. 

It was just announced that Kelly McCreary is leaving and her last episode as a series regular will be April 13, but she'll make an appearance later in the season. 

If at any point it's announced that Jesse Williams is making a guest appearance at the end of the season, I think that means Catherine Avery is going to die. 

Of course Jackson would be present if that happened (perhaps April, too!), and it would explain both Meredith and Maggie coming back to be there for Richard. 

Purely speculation. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 3/17/2023 at 2:41 PM, funnygirl said:

Ellen's gone but Meredith is slated to be back for the season 19 finale. 

It was just announced that Kelly McCreary is leaving and her last episode as a series regular will be April 13, but she'll make an appearance later in the season. 

If at any point it's announced that Jesse Williams is making a guest appearance at the end of the season, I think that means Catherine Avery is going to die. 

Of course Jackson would be present if that happened (perhaps April, too!), and it would explain both Meredith and Maggie coming back to be there for Richard. 

Purely speculation. 

This makes sense to me. Seems odd they'd choose to have her cancer come back/progress again if it wasn't going to lead to a death (as they've already done the lifesaving surgery thing). And it would explain Meredith and Maggie returning.

The promos suggest someone might get killed in the two-parter. I'm trying to think of who might make sense, and Winston jumps to mind. Then Maggie would be filled with guilt because of how she'd treated him and feel the need to leave Seattle, and the natural place to go is to be with Meredith. Or possibly Maggie gets badly injured and can't deal with continuing to work there.

I haven't watched, since before the episode with the fire that was mentioned late last year. I can't remember the last time I looked forward to it, so I don't know why I was surprised to see that Maggie is leaving. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I have heard the season finale is very sad and that both Meredith and Maggie make appearances.

11 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Then I’m going with Catherine’s death. Maybe then we’ll get Jackson and April also?

Does Maggie have ties to Catherine? I guess maybe Maggie/Meredith could be coming back to provide emotional support for Richard if Catherine dies, but those two coming back make me more scared that it's something bad happening to Richard or Amelia.

• Like 1

My Speculation for Season 20:

Hard reboot - maybe add a subtitle a la L&O, SVU, NCIS, etc. GA is a brand so the Grey’s  name must be present somewhere even if now there are no Greys in the cast. 

Remaining regulars are MAGYK, Schmidt, Hunt and Altman.

Bailey, Webber and A. Shepherd are moved to recurring; possibly Ndugu if he is promoted to Chief of Cardio. Otherwise, he goes to Chicago to join Pierce. 

Special appearances by Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey (2 or 3)  

Helm continues to recur as bartender at Joe’s   More scenes will be at Joe’s in Season 20

New General Surgery and Peds chiefs hired. All the seminal GA stories are general, trauma, cardio and peds surgeries, so those two positions should be filled. 

Marsh either stays in current role with Residency Program, or perhaps becomes General Surgery chief. If not, character booted and goes to Boston. 

Both Wilson and Lincoln can profess their eternal love and leave the show. Wilson is no longer a surgeon, and GA is about surgery. I think GA is out of surgical stories for Linc. With Krista leaving as showrunner, it would not surprise me if Chris Carmack either exits  on his own, or is written out. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kurtz said:

My Speculation for Season 20:

Hard reboot - maybe add a subtitle a la L&O, SVU, NCIS, etc. GA is a brand so the Grey’s  name must be present somewhere even if now there are no Greys in the cast. 

Remaining regulars are MAGYK, Schmidt, Hunt and Altman.

Bailey, Webber and A. Shepherd are moved to recurring; possibly Ndugu if he is promoted to Chief of Cardio. Otherwise, he goes to Chicago to join Pierce. 

Special appearances by Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey (2 or 3)  

Helm continues to recur as bartender at Joe’s   More scenes will be at Joe’s in Season 20

New General Surgery and Peds chiefs hired. All the seminal GA stories are general, trauma, cardio and peds surgeries, so those two positions should be filled. 

Marsh either stays in current role with Residency Program, or perhaps becomes General Surgery chief. If not, character booted and goes to Boston. 

Both Wilson and Lincoln can profess their eternal love and leave the show. Wilson is no longer a surgeon, and GA is about surgery. I think GA is out of surgical stories for Linc. With Krista leaving as showrunner, it would not surprise me if Chris Carmack either exits  on his own, or is written out. 

Grey’s Anatomy:  TNG

• Like 2
16 hours ago, shantown said:

Does Maggie have ties to Catherine?

she did date Jackson, Catherine's son, and Richard her bio-dad is Catherine's husband. I'd call those ties.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

she did date Jackson, Catherine's son, and Richard her bio-dad is Catherine's husband. I'd call those ties.

I had apparently blocked that Jackson/Maggie relationship from my brain completely!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

In the light of everything, speaking of sad finale, I hope they don't kill off Bailey.

Maybe Webber dies? He was old 19 seasons ago, that could be a twist when everybody expects Catherine to die

With Maggie coming back for the season finale, that’s a possibility.  

• Like 1