Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I could see being Schmitt since he was given constant: "Shut up or get out!" Most of the season. Catherine is possible, after everything that has happened. I could see Deluca getting the boot, but who knows. I just think it's STUPID to carry on Owen/Teddy/Tom. Seriously, either kick Teddy to the curb, or put her with Tom or just GET RID OF OWEN!

• Love 4

Damn. Well if it's not Meredith, Miranda or Richard, sparing also Link and Hayes, I hope they still move forward with it. 

I'm wondering if Jackson might've been the most likely victim because Jesse's Broadway show "Take Me Out" was set to open in April and would surely run into/through the Fall. Even though tptb were working with his schedule, things could've changed. 

But Glasses, Helm, Deloser, Koracick, Teddy, Catherine... take them all. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I'm wondering if Jackson might've been the most likely victim because Jesse's Broadway show "Take Me Out" was set to open in April and would surely run into/through the Fall. Even though tptb were working with his schedule, things could've changed.

After thinking about it, I guess Jesse could have had doubts about signing on for two full seasons and was looking to get out of it. So, it's possible that we still see Jesse leaving next season. 

3 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

But Glasses, Helm, Deloser, Koracick, Teddy, Catherine... take them all. 

Replace Tom with Owen and I'd be down with this major cast change. 

Actually, I WISH they'd also take Meredith. I know, probably an unpopular opinion, but...the show is called Grey's Anatomy, but they can absolutely make do without Meredith. Why? Because the hospital is called Grey-Sloan so it still works 😉 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, according to this article, there was supposedly going to be a major character death in the real season finale:

Thoughts on who it could have been, if this is true?

Well, we can eliminate Meredith, Richard (since he just went through an almost-death experience), and Teddy/Tom/Owen (because of Krista's comments about how she was planning to carry on with the love triangle into next season). 

Which leaves Jackson (I'd say this is unlikely because Jesse just signed a two year contract last year so unless Jesse changed his mind halfway through, he should be clear to stick around), Bailey (probably unlikely since I doubt Krista would go through with another original character's departure, unless Chandra wants to leave), Schmitt (quite possible since he seems to be floundering as a doctor), Amelia or Link (again, probably not because they just had their son and that would be TOO depressing, even for this show), Deluca (quite possible), Catherine (I would love it if this was the case and it's possible), Hayes (unlikely since I see them promoting the actor next season), Jo (not likely since they would have just shipped her off with Alex if they were planning to get rid of the actress), or Maggie (a slight possibility but they've been setting her up with that Winston guy, who I assume will be a recurring character next season).

So my best guesses? Schmitt or Catherine, in all honesty. Maybe Jackson, if Jesse decides that he actually wants to leave?  

Didn't they have an explosion already? A few years ago?

I would have thought Teddy. As for some reason Greys will just never get rid of Owen no matter how stagnant the character gets and I just think they’ve written Teddy into such a corner that I’m wondering if it’s just to kill her off and then watch how it impacts the other characters.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't they have an explosion already? A few years ago?

Yeah, the season 13 finale with Stephanie and half of a floor exploding. I guess it depends on what kind of explosion they're talking about, but....yeah, I was expecting a new disaster. I'm pretty sure the show hasn't tackled a major earthquake, so I'm wondering when they're going to go that route. I also don't think they've dealt with a flooding of some sort. 

2 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I would have thought Teddy. As for some reason Greys will just never get rid of Owen no matter how stagnant the character gets and I just think they’ve written Teddy into such a corner that I’m wondering if it’s just to kill her off and then watch how it impacts the other characters.

Not with what Krista has said in interviews about how she doesn't know who Teddy will choose and that she wants to redeem Teddy and all that. If she was meaning to redeem her and kill her off in a span of four episodes...then that's TERRIBLE on Krista. 

There was also an explosion in the season 9 finale - or was it the penultimate episode? - the bus that was overturned in front of the hospital (lol), and Jackson got the trapped little girl out just in time.

Not that I watch Station 19, but since they completed filming for their season before the lockdown, I'm sure an explosion of sorts factors into their season finale - since the crossovers are pre-planned and filmed as needed. Krista did say in an interview that viewers will still see some Grey's characters on Station 19 in the coming weeks, and that they had to edit some stuff out that would've hinted at/spoiled what would've been upcoming Grey's storylines.

It wouldn't surprise me that whatever tptb had planned/scripted for the final four episodes of season 16, that they scrap most of it and change things up - and how they approach some of the current loose ends - for season 17. The more time the writers have to step away and marinate on things, the more perspectives will shift. 

I guess we'll never know what the original plans were and we'll see what they end up going with after the fact. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Grey's had to abruptly change end-of-season plans (see: season 11 when they abruptly killed Derek off, changing the course of most storylines for the final few episodes - and beyond). 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, the season 13 finale with Stephanie and half of a floor exploding. I guess it depends on what kind of explosion they're talking about, but....yeah, I was expecting a new disaster. I'm pretty sure the show hasn't tackled a major earthquake, so I'm wondering when they're going to go that route. I also don't think they've dealt with a flooding of some sort. 

Yes, your example and @funnygirl's example were the two explosions I was thinking of. Unless they considered the Stephanie-rapist patient plot-line more of a fire and not an explosion. But yeah, they are running out of natural and/or human-created disasters and ways to kill people! 

It could be Teddy because I don't see how they can redeem her after this. Krista said that she wanted to explore Teddy's feelings more but that could have been done during the last four episodes.

Richard and Catherine have both just survived life-threatening illnesses so it would be out of left field if it were them.

How many people would care if it were Glasses?

Actually, I WISH they'd also take Meredith. I know, probably an unpopular opinion, but...the show is called Grey's Anatomy, but they can absolutely make do without Meredith. Why? Because the hospital is called Grey-Sloan so it still works 😉 

I'd like that too, as a story driver she's pretty used up. But if they don't, I really wish that  they would dial back The Sun stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It could be Teddy because I don't see how they can redeem her after this. Krista said that she wanted to explore Teddy's feelings more but that could have been done during the last four episodes.

That would certainly make some sense as to why Krista said that she had no idea who Teddy would choose, but I highly doubt that it's Teddy.

I think it's more likely to be Schmitt or Deluca (but probably Deluca more so). They have definitely made it feel like Deluca's mental health is spiraling downward to the point of dying by his own hand (probably by running into the explosion but not being as lucky as Jackson was that one time). Plus, I do feel like they want to explore Meredith/Hayes more than Meredith/Deluca now. 

Catherine might, but I can't forget that Debbie Allen is one of the powerhouses so she would have to make the choice to end her character's arc and work solely behind the scenes in order for it to actually happen. And I guess it could be Jackson, if Jesse changed his mind about staying on for season 17 (tbh, I was shocked when he signed on for two seasons instead of just one, as I always assumed that Jesse was ready to move on from the show). 

But I guess there's a chance we may not see any of the characters get killed off now that season 17 is up in the air in terms of when it'll be filmed.

• Love 1

Could Schmitt perhaps commit suicide? I could see him spiraling because his boyfriend left and people are telling him to rethink being a surgeon... Have they dealt with suicide at all? I can’t think of anyone.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Could Schmitt perhaps commit suicide? I could see him spiraling because his boyfriend left and people are telling him to rethink being a surgeon... Have they dealt with suicide at all? I can’t think of anyone.

ER had a good suicide story in the early years (not that a story about suicide is good, but you know what I mean) so it would have to be different: i.e. not stepping in front of a train. 

• Love 3

Glasses doesn't seem depressed enough to attempt suicide. Deluca, on the other hand, has shown both volatility and depression at the end of the last episode. It would also make a bigger impact on the show, especially now that Richard owes him. Krista also said that she wants to re-visit the sex trafficking story and his death would affect that.

I'd be sorry to lose him because I think Hayes is about as interesting as beige paint and a lot more judgmental.

• Love 5

I can see Tom as the one who dies.   He lost his son but was able to save the look alike.   He compromised his values to get money for the hospital.... that subplot wasn’t necessary unless there are down the line repercussions.   And now the woman he loves used him and walked away to marry someone else.   He might feel he has nothing to live go and decides to go out heroically if there is a bomb involved.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I can see Tom as the one who dies.   He lost his son but was able to save the look alike.   He compromised his values to get money for the hospital.... that subplot wasn’t necessary unless there are down the line repercussions.   And now the woman he loves used him and walked away to marry someone else.   He might feel he has nothing to live go and decides to go out heroically if there is a bomb involved.  

Or the billionaire with the exploding rockets ends up doing another close to the hospital, because why not? I mean he just gave all the money to Grey Sloan, might as well shoot something that blew up a gas station and injured dozens of people by another one. All for the sake of making good on his money. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure where to put this, but according to the episodes of Station 19 that were filmed after Grey's stopped taping, Carina DeLuca had a line of dialogue in the recently-aired Station 19 that her brother was recently diagnosed with bipolar. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I'm not sure where to put this, but according to the episodes of Station 19 that were filmed after Grey's stopped taping, Carina DeLuca had a line of dialogue in the recently-aired Station 19 that her brother was recently diagnosed with bipolar. 

Right and it was apparently suppose to be tied in with the human trafficker victim coming back. Which would have made sense, she never had her hernia fix and should could have easily keeled over and someone rushed her to the hospital. Of course, great to see Carina is such as "caring sister" about her brother. Oh no, off to get my hands on my girlfriend, I need sex or to talk about it. She needs an Own smack down like he did with Schmidt over how stupid he acts. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Carina is a joke of a character, always has been. Since Meredith and the man-child have broken up, it's her responsibility as the sister to take care of her brother and (literally) pick him up off the ground and get him the help he needs. She knows the deal, after all, since she's experienced it with their father. But she's too busy spending all of her time at the fire station gettin' busy. 

But thanks for clarifying that which we already could assume! 

Honestly, this Deloser diagnosis and spiral is just the show runner's way to try and give him some "dark and twisty" experience because apparently that will somehow bring him more equal to Meredith. Krista said that in no uncertain terms in some recent Deloser vs McWidow(er) love triangle article at TV Line. In any case, No. Suffering from a mental illness does not make an insecure twenty-something fifth year resident, never married no children, whose fallen hard for a multitude of women in a short amount of time (Maggie, Jo, Sam Bello, Meredith) does not make him any closer to being equal to Meredith Grey, Our Lady of the Sun, married, widowed, mother of three, award winner, Chief of General, has had multiple near-death experiences, etc etc etc. 

Nice try, though. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Well not Maggie as he dumped her because he was a flake and got freaked out..

I do think it says more about Maggie though that not even the shows serial “I’m in love with you after five minutes” character could put up with her shite.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Carina is a joke of a character, always has been. Since Meredith and the man-child have broken up, it's her responsibility as the sister to take care of her brother and (literally) pick him up off the ground and get him the help he needs. She knows the deal, after all, since she's experienced it with her father. But she's too busy spending all of her time at the fire station gettin' busy. 

But thanks for clarifying that which we already could assume! 

Honestly, this Deloser diagnosis and spiral is just the show runner's way to try and give him some "dark and twisty" experience because apparently that will somehow bring him more equal to Meredith. Krista said that in no uncertain terms in some recent Deloser vs McWidow(er) love triangle article at TV Line. In any case, No. Suffering from a mental illness does not make an insecure twenty-something fifth year resident, never married no children, whose fallen hard for a multitude of women in a short amount of time (Maggie, Jo, Sam Bello, Meredith) does not make him any closer to being equal to Meredith Grey, Our Lady of the Sun, married, widowed, mother of three, award winner, Chief of General, has had multiple near-death experiences, etc etc etc. 

Nice try, though. 

How true and now trying to make Carina part of the Station 19 cast is not working either. Hell, she was too busy being on the mini vacation with Maya to be around for Amelia to have her baby and the fact she was Amelia's OBGYN. Making it really question what the hell she really does as a doctor? She comes across as some sex crazed social working talking about "The Joys of Sex" then someone who went to medical school and has helped "hundreds of women have babies." 

It's like us trying to figure out how Dixon or even Ripley EVER made it to Fire Chief. Dixon basically bribed and black mailed his way to the top and then the City Council acted like this was like a BIG SHOCKER and then seeing Ripley the past two seasons in flashbacks before they killed him. The man really made some very stupid mistakes in the field and honestly him originally killing Sully's wife who was ALLERGIC to the stuff he gave her and was told flat out it would killer her. Didn't listen and he was up for his interview for section captain as he said. That would have cost him the position right there. But nah... why use reality. 

9 minutes ago, readster said:

How true and now trying to make Carina part of the Station 19 cast is not working either. Hell, she was too busy being on the mini vacation with Maya to be around for Amelia to have her baby and the fact she was Amelia's OBGYN.

Carina delivered Amelia's baby in the last Grey's episode of the season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, LexieLily said:

To put it in a bit more context, she doesn't specifically say that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder; just that he inherited it from their father, which could go either way on an official diagnosis or not. Seeing as Carina has said several times on this show in the second half that her brother must have bipolar disorder and sounding confident without a diagnosis, it could be her just continuing that trend and he may not be diagnosed yet. 

It could go either way, honestly. I feel like we're just supposed to accept that he has bipolar disorder without needing an on-screen diagnosis and I wouldn't be surprised if we do eventually have a throwaway line about how Deluca is seeing a therapist who is treating his bipolar, which would be official confirmation that he finally went to see someone about it. 

2 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Carina is a joke of a character, always has been. Since Meredith and the man-child have broken up, it's her responsibility as the sister to take care of her brother and (literally) pick him up off the ground and get him the help he needs. She knows the deal, after all, since she's experienced it with their father. But she's too busy spending all of her time at the fire station gettin' busy. 

I'm 99% positive that the only reason why Carina is on Station 19 is because they wanted Maya to be in a relationship with a woman AND not have to cast another actress to play Maya's girlfriend. Maya had been in a relationship with Jack, another Station 19 character, and they were relatively stable up until the premiere of the recent season for that show, until they unexpectedly broke them up and threw in Carina not long after. 

So she was never going to be a full fledged character on that show, much like how she's been very one note, for the most part, on Grey's. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm 99% positive that the only reason why Carina is on Station 19 is because they wanted Maya to be in a relationship with a woman AND not have to cast another actress to play Maya's girlfriend. Maya had been in a relationship with Jack, another Station 19 character, and they were relatively stable up until the premiere of the recent season for that show, until they unexpectedly broke them up and threw in Carina not long after. 

So she was never going to be a full fledged character on that show, much like how she's been very one note, for the most part, on Grey's. 

Plus, the original flashback with Maya in high school and how she attracted to her friend was to show when she first realized she gravitated towards women too. The problem is I keep feeling that more that either Station 19 or Grey's wants to be "all inclusive" with everyone. They hit us over the head that when couples who are gay or bi are always constantly after each other to do it where ever they are. I do remember many tweets on Twitter going: "I don't know who writes this, but my partner and I are not itching to tear our clothes off all the time. Hell, not even when we were first together." 

• LOL 3

To put it in a bit more context, she doesn't specifically say that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder; just that he inherited it from their father, which could go either way on an official diagnosis or not. Seeing as Carina has said several times on this show in the second half that her brother must have bipolar disorder and sounding confident without a diagnosis, it could be her just continuing that trend and he may not be diagnosed yet.

There is no blood test or brain scan for BPAD. It's pretty much rule/out thyroid disorder and look at behaviour.

The DSM defines mania as a “distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood.” The episode must last at least a week. The mood must have at least three of the following symptoms:

• high self-esteem
  • little need for sleep
  • increased rate of speech (talking fast)
  • flight of ideas
  • getting easily distracted
  • increased goals or activities
  • psychomotor agitation (pacing, hand-wringing etc.)
  • increased pursuit of activities with high risk of danger

Bipolar I means manic episodes; bipolar II is primarily depression with hypomanic episodes, and bipolar III, also known as cyclothymic disorder, if depression and hypomania do not meet the criteria for a full episode.

On top of the hereditary factor, we've seen Deluca have at least 2 manic episodes. They're writing him as a textbook case of Bipolar I. As an MD, Carina is qualified to make the diagnosis even if it's not in her area.

Now that they've confirmed Deluca's BPAD, I'm wondering if the character death that Grey's was supposed to have on their season finale crossover is him. They're supposed to try to save a doctor at Pac Med so maybe he runs in there to try to save a patient and gets hurt.

• Love 1

Those of you who watch Station 19, I appreciate you letting the rest of us know whatever little Grey's tidbits are in these remaining episodes that hint to what is/would've been going on with Grey's. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Those of you who watch Station 19, I appreciate you letting the rest of us know whatever little Grey's tidbits are in these remaining episodes that hint to what is/would've been going on with Grey's. 

It's funny because we are basically piecing together what the missing 3 episodes are about and we are getting what actually happened to Pac North after the buy out in the Station 19 finale. Though, funny fire fighters are going in when there are "known bombs" instead of the damn bomb squad first. 

(edited)

A bomb at Pac North? Oh goodness... there they go recycling storylines again. Grey's did it and did it well in season 2. 

I know the show's been on for way too long, but I feel like Krista thinks - or is hoping - fans have forgotten what has already happened.

Sigh. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, funnygirl said:

A bomb at Pac North? Oh goodness... there they go recycling storylines again. Grey's did it and did it well in season 2. 

I know the show's been on for way too long, but I feel like Krista thinks - or is hoping - fans have forgotten what has already happened.

Sigh. 

The problem was, the bomb in season 2 was an accident. Pac North, they are setting this up as a series of bombs and they find one left. Because you know, Pac North was a cursed hospital. 

(edited)

Krista confirms season 17 will include Covid Pandemic.

https://tvline.com/2020/07/21/greys-anatomy-coronavirus-season-17-pandemic/

The doctors come in, and we’re the first people they’re talking to about these types of experiences they’re having,” she revealed. “They are literally shaking and trying not to cry, they’re pale and they’re talking about it as war — a war that they were not trained for. And that’s been one of our big conversations about [Kevin McKidd’s] Owen [who served in the Army], that he’s actually trained for this in a way that most of the other doctors aren’t.”

Edited by Avabelle
(edited)

Of course they are, because what people really want to be entertained by is the current crisis we're all trying to survive through. 

Is the pandemic going to be a part of the show until there's a vaccine/cure, or will they just do a little arc, pat themselves on the back for being topical, and then forget about it? At this point, I wouldn't put it past them to have Our Lady of the Sun coming up with a cure, because on top of randomly being able to speak Italian 15 seasons into the show, she's also a virologist! 

Edited by funnygirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

they’re talking about it as war — a war that they were not trained for. And that’s been one of our big conversations about [Kevin McKidd’s] Owen [who served in the Army], that he’s actually trained for this in a way that most of the other doctors aren’t.”

What part of "metaphor" does she not understand?

Owen and Teddy are trained for the kind of war where people get shot  and blown up. They are not infectious disease specialists or epidemiologists or even internists. They are not trained for this kind of 'war'.

And in case Krista hasn't heard, smart hospitals are postponing elective surgeries while this lasts.

• Love 2

I'm not surprised CV will be adressed. Heck it'll allow actors to be masked for scenes they usually wouldn't be which increases the on-set safety. 

I feel like it would be too weird to ignore this, especially on a medical show. Like if an NYC cop show pretended 9/11 never happened. 

• Love 6

I agree... I’m just dreading Owens inevitable aggressive breakdown over it.

God I miss spoilers and tv shoe updates. I assume at this point we’re looking at a mid season start date.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I feel like it would be too weird to ignore this, especially on a medical show. Like if an NYC cop show pretended 9/11 never happened. 

There is a difference between acknowledging the situation, which I could understand, and having Owen run things because he understands what it's like to be in a war (which this isn't) and Meredith working to research a cure or vaccine. It's the latter I'm afraid of. None of this should require the services of a surgeon.

A recent study in Brain found that half of people who recovered in Spain had neurological deficits, Hey, let's get Amelia and Koracek involved!

• Love 4

OMG!  She comes across as so pompous and so dumb!  

First of all, Grey’s Anatomy writers and producers are NOT the first people they are talking to about this stuff.  First, they discuss it with their actual colleagues, THEN they discuss it with their family members and dear friends and that’s who they keep on discussing it with.  If they talk to the media about it, it’s the NEWS media, NOT Grey’s Anatomy/entertainment media.  

I once saw a thread on Survivor Sucks titled, “Why does Jeff call every meal a feast?”  Similarly, why does Grey’s have to ‘TACKLE’ Things every season?  Why do they THINK they have a RESPONSIBILITY to re-interpret the news?  How about they just provide some entertainment?  

Also, by the time people can start filming again, Covid won’t be so big anymore.  People are sick of it already.  By the time anything comes to air it will be REALLY OLD NEWS that no one is going to want to watch.  The ratings will continue to plummet.

• Love 1
(edited)

I know - I only see it as making sense to have the cast in the masks and mention the precaustions/guidelines etc a couple of times.

nobody is interested in A Very Special Episode featuring Owens PTSD Because it reminds him of the war. (... how even)

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 1
On 7/21/2020 at 2:42 PM, funnygirl said:

Of course they are, because what people really want to be entertained by is the current crisis we're all trying to survive through. 

Is the pandemic going to be a part of the show until there's a vaccine/cure, or will they just do a little arc, pat themselves on the back for being topical, and then forget about it? At this point, I wouldn't put it past them to have Our Lady of the Sun coming up with a cure, because on top of randomly being able to speak Italian 15 seasons into the show, she's also a virologist! 

The second option, obviously.  Once they've done something on Grey's, they forget about it.  Until they need to do it again with a different character.

On 7/22/2020 at 5:08 AM, Avabelle said:

nobody is interested in A Very Special Episode featuring Owens PTSD Because it reminds him of the war. (... how even)

Right? I need a "rolling my eyes" reaction for this. And haven't we already done Owen's PTSD twice now?

One thought I has about the supposed Covid story next year is that a lot of these characters would essentially be furloughed when the hospital stops non-emergent surgery. Link and Jackson would only have the rare emergency surgery and would probably just be working when they were called in since most of what they do could be pushed back. Almost everyone would realistically have their workload reduced by the lockdown. It probably won't happen that way because DRAMA but it might make for some interesting choices. Like say Link staying home with the new baby so Amelia can go to work.

• Love 1

Just for my sanity I wish they would fast forward and pick up to a place where things have calmed down. I don’t think I can handle one of the very special episodes dedicated to the non realistic frontline workers of Grey Sloan. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Just for my sanity I wish they would fast forward and pick up to a place where things have calmed down. I don’t think I can handle one of the very special episodes dedicated to the non realistic frontline workers of Grey Sloan. 

You and me both.  I watch this stuff to forget about real life, not relive it.

• Love 3
On 8/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, Emily Thrace said:

One thought I has about the supposed Covid story next year is that a lot of these characters would essentially be furloughed when the hospital stops non-emergent surgery. Link and Jackson would only have the rare emergency surgery and would probably just be working when they were called in since most of what they do could be pushed back. Almost everyone would realistically have their workload reduced by the lockdown. It probably won't happen that way because DRAMA but it might make for some interesting choices. Like say Link staying home with the new baby so Amelia can go to work.

They will probably all be needed for the influx of emergencies. 

I'm also not looking forward to it being all over fictional TV. I'm finally to a point where I can concentrate to read a bit, or watch a show, cooking more, too (although I'm still not baking bread). Everyone I know is experiencing fatigue when it comes to quarantine (if they've mostly avoided things), and/or from trying to keep their kids occupied, and figure out school. My life didn't change that much, but I've still worried, along with everyone else. 

• Love 2

I'm torn. Part of me agrees with you. TV is my escape and I don't need to see the pandemic all over it.  I do a good enough job worrying about it all on my own.

However, part of me is hoping that if we start seeing the pandemic in the fall TV shows that will maybe help combat some of the damaging anti-mask and conspiracy theory rhetoric that has been going around. Does that make sense?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I'm torn. Part of me agrees with you. TV is my escape and I don't need to see the pandemic all over it.  I do a good enough job worrying about it all on my own.

However, part of me is hoping that if we start seeing the pandemic in the fall TV shows that will maybe help combat some of the damaging anti-mask and conspiracy theory rhetoric that has been going around. Does that make sense?

It does make sense. The only thing is, the people who are anti-mask and pro-conspiracy would probably complain about television shows dealing with political themes, even though a pandemic isn't political (or shouldn't be).