Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

From the looks of his Instagram (as well as Jake Borelli's, etc.) it seems that the doctor they introduced very briefly two weeks ago as Koracick's protege will start appearing a lot more.

Wake up, Maggie, I think they've got something to say to you...

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

From the looks of his Instagram (as well as Jake Borelli's, etc.) it seems that the doctor they introduced very briefly two weeks ago as Koracick's protege will start appearing a lot more. He's played by Devin Way

So, I guess he was introduced as Qadri's replacement. Seeing as the character is hanging out with Helm/Contacts, it does seem like he was added because of Sophia's departure from the show.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, I guess he was introduced as Qadri's replacement. Seeing as the character is hanging out with Helm/Contacts, it does seem like he was added because of Sophia's departure from the show.

Maybe instead of adding yet another new resident, they pay more attention to Casey Parker. 

This show loves to pat itself on the back for it's diversity, yet they have a trans actor playing a trans character who they basically ignore. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Coxfires said:

Love the Rod Stewart reference !

Maybe there will be a future (maggie-centric) episode called "Maggie May" 😄

(Trivia note: Rod Stewart never actually sings "Maggie May' in the song.  Maggie, yes.  May, no)

13 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Sounds like Kate Walsh is still in talks to potentially return for an episode or small arc this season.

This kinds of confirms my fear that something will be wrong with Bailey's baby and she'll have to choose what to do. Obviously it's something to do with the current pregnant staff members or why would Addison bother? 

The show doesn't need anymore characters, and it certainly doesn't need any more white guys. They just upped three to series regulars (Link, Koracick, Glasses). 

The only bright side I see of this unnecessary addition is that it looks like Alex and Richard really will be at Pac Gen for the long haul, or else why add another Peds surgeon later in the season if the hospitals merge and/or Alex goes back to GSMW. And I'm all for more Pac Gen (Pac North?), as the years in this show have made a mockery out of the formerly fantastic Seattle Grace. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Why do we need more characters? Why? 

We already have enough who aren't focused on or written badly. Why do we need THIS GUY? Who is likely going to be a complete douchebag to reiterate how important Alex is to the hospital. 

You answered your own question.

• LOL 1
On 11/6/2019 at 9:47 AM, BaseOps said:

The mid-season finale, 16x09, includes Jo going to Station 19 after a baby is left at the firehouse. Anyone else sense a possible Alex/Jo adoption storyline? 

I'd call it a statistical inevitability.

• LOL 3

Meredith and DeLuca won't be broken up for long. Per Ellen's instagram story, she has a love scene with Giacomo in the episode that Jesse Williams is directing right now, which is 16x13. 

Edited by BaseOps
20 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Meredith and DeLuca won't be broken up for long. Per Ellen's instagram story, she has a love scene with Giacomo in the episode that Jesse Williams is directing right now, which is 16x13. 

I saw that story, but was hoping that love scene is with someone else. I guess no such luck 😕

This pairing is not working and I wish KV would finally realize it.

• Love 7

16x10 - “Help Me Through the Night” – Following the car crash at Joe’s Bar and subsequent rescue efforts led by the Station 19 firefighters, Grey Sloan doctors work through the night to save the lives of their colleagues. Meanwhile, Amelia worries about sharing her pregnancy revelation with Link. Owen and Teddy take a big step, and Bailey deals with grief over her recent loss when “Grey’s Anatomy” returns THURSDAY, JAN. 23 (9:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on ABC. 

Guest starring is Jason George as Ben Warren, Richard Flood as Cormac Hayes, Alex Blue Davis as Casey Parker, Alex Landi as Nico Kim and Jaicy Elliot as Taryn Helm.

Looks like the rescue will play out on Station 19 and Grey's will pick up with the doctors coming into the hospital, so watching S19 first won't be essential unless you're eager to actually see how Levi, Jackson, Ben, etc. get out of the bar.

• Love 4

Even worse than Alex being killed off, would be if he ran into Izzy, and dumped Jo.     

I was watching the original seasons on Lifetime, and today was the Denny death scene.   It just reminded me what I loved about Alex all along.   His character changed and grew, and had a complex back story that was introduced a little at a time.       I will miss that, and probably will only look at the postings on here instead of ever watch the strange, boring soap opera Grey's turned into.    I saw speculation that next season will be the end, and I think it's a few seasons too late.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I don't think they can just keep referring to Alex as though he is perpetually off-screen but still around, because that keeps Jo in a state of limbo. This show is such a soap opera, the writers will not know what to do with Jo if she doesn't have a love interest on screen. They would either have to writer her off, too, or else get rid of Alex either through a death or a divorce.

• Love 1

He will find out his mom/sibling needs extra long-term care for whatever reason and stay there...  Jo’s reaction will occur next season....

He somehow gets reacquainted with Izzie who needs long-term care, maybe she used the eggs to have a kid who needs care.  I mean this show is now more of a soap than a drama, so let’s jump the shark!!!  He leaves Jo in the dust, but she’s a STRONG WOMAN now, so she dusts herself off and carries on....

oh, this is fun!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

How about this idea, Alex moves home to Mommy, get notified that Izzy had one or more kids from the eggs they froze, and Izzy's cancer came back, and she died.    Twist is she moved to  where Alex's mommy is.    Alex doesn't want to upset the kid or kids life, so Jo moves to Iowa to reunite with Alex, help Lindsay Wagner, and raise the kid or kids.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

That could work IF Camilla is ready to leave the show. There is a real person playing Jo and Grey's is her paycheck. She may not be ready to leave. Which massively hamstrings story choices for Alex leaving. 

That's always the issue when you have characters with interlinked stories. Same as when Patrick left. 

• Love 1

I doubt they'll put much more thought or time into Alex's exit. My guess is that they'll leave him in Iowa then after time passes have Jo say that he's staying due to his mother/brother/sister. Time has passed, they've grown apart & they split. Amelia's baby will be Owen's leaving Link free to be paired with Jo after she leans on him as she's dealing with separating from Alex. The barely wrote a storyline for Alex when Justin was on the show every week. Can't imagine they'd bother now. They will make it about Jo moving on.

• Love 5
On 2/15/2020 at 2:56 AM, maasa said:

Amelia's baby will be Owen's leaving Link free to be paired with Jo after she leans on him as she's dealing with separating from Alex.

Weirdly I’d be into Jo/Link.. obviously I’d prefer Jo/Alex but I don’t think Luddington should have to leave because Chambers chose to exit. They’ve only finally started giving her storylines and I think she’s doing well with a lot of them. I find Jo more palatable then Maggie, Owen, Catherine so I wouldn’t mind if she stuck around. 

only crappy thing is I just don’t buy any storyline where the One of them wouldn’t leave Seattle for the other... they were too strong a couple. 

• Love 5

Were the writers pissed at the actor playing Karev to not even give him an episode of departure?  To have him quietly pass through the Izzy Stevens trap door of crazy doesn't seem right.  Maybe he'll end up in Switzerland eventually like Dr. Burke.

Edited by mytmo
  • Love 1
On 2/17/2020 at 7:26 AM, mytmo said:

Were the writers pissed at the actor playing Karev to not even give him an episode of departure?  To have him quietly pass through the Izzy Stevens trap door of crazy doesn't seem right.  Maybe he'll end up in Switzerland eventually like Dr. Burke.

maybe if he had gave them some notice they'd have been able to write one. By all accounts he just walked away from the job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

maybe if he had gave them some notice they'd have been able to write one. By all accounts he just walked away from the job.

Yes, it seems Justin just wanted to leave and be done with it. Of course it also shows the strength of the writing on the show because they can't write themselves out of a corner in any shape and now have Alex doing things "off screen" that make even less sense. 

• Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 8:56 PM, maasa said:

I doubt they'll put much more thought or time into Alex's exit. My guess is that they'll leave him in Iowa then after time passes have Jo say that he's staying due to his mother/brother/sister. Time has passed, they've grown apart & they split. Amelia's baby will be Owen's leaving Link free to be paired with Jo after she leans on him as she's dealing with separating from Alex. The barely wrote a storyline for Alex when Justin was on the show every week. Can't imagine they'd bother now. They will make it about Jo moving on.

Didn't we hear about Amelia's baby being further along than expected at around the same time that Justin left? Maybe that's why that storyline was introduced - to get Link out of Amelia's orbit and pair him with Jo.

57 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Just saw next weeks promo:

I think Alex is dead

The promo makes me think dead, but I don’t know. If they were going to kill him why not just have Jo get a call instead of having Alex lie and Jo think he left her, especially since Krista claimed she was thinking of Jo’s mental state. Of course Krista lies and very little of what she does makes sense so maybe Alex is dead and all of this was just nonsense that they thought made good drama. Or maybe Alex did go to Izzie or something. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Edited by Evie