Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Mind Your Own Business

• Start Topic

Don't forget that Carole is anti-motherhood as well. She has made several comments down her nose about mothers and how they go on and on talking about their kids, how boring.

Bottom line: she's a bitch to other women.

• Love 10

I felt second hand embarrasement when she was rubbing herself against John and giggling like a school girl while her husband was two feet away from her, but that was just me :)

Okay. She's largely inoffensive, IMO, and I will stick to that. Agree to disagree.

• Love 2
I also wonder if perhaps the "twitter war" isn't between Luann and Carole as much as it is between their social media interns....

Carole said on WWHL that Lu hired some dude to tweet for her. But I can't imagine you'd just give someone carte blance to pick fights, if it wasn't how you were really feeling. (Or if said "fights" weren't to aid ratings.)

• Love 2
And not that either looks good but this escapade is really zoning me in on something I do not like about Carole. Her preferred insults & back handed witticisms sure seem to be anti-woman. Ramona is fat, Aviva is nothing for being a SAHM, Lu sleeps around/has a mans voice, etc.

I've been noticing this myself a lot lately. When she made the dig about Ramona not being able to fit one of her dresses I was really shocked. Women are hard enough on themselves, why try to get little digs in about another woman's body? And, not that it should matter, but Ramona has a FABULOUS body, as far as I'm concerned. Her snark has just gotten nasty this season and I'm not enjoying it at all. 

MO Bethenny was concerned about Sonja being taken advantage of, as oppose as Heather whom I saw as being upset about not being invited because she fancies herself as the one with most business experience but it is obvious to me that Heather can care less about Sonja and openly mocks her and blatantly dishes her constantly.

I agree. I really think Heather just wanted to be invited for the screen time, to remind people of the business she's in. She nearly lost her mind dealing with Sonja and her toaster (and I can't say I blame her), so why would she want to go back down that path again? Just don't even bring up Sonja's business issues and leave it at that. 

• Love 12
Bottom line: she's a bitch to other women.

I've been rewatching the past couple of seasons and am disappointed by some of Carole's comments this year, because at times she's been one of the only women (or THE only woman) to show compassion. Like, when Kristen was upset in Montana and stormed off, Carole was the only one who thought to check in on the person who, oh, organized the trip (meanwhile, Sonja and Ramona are bitching about the lack of service, how Kristen is a crap hostess, etc.) She's often been the buffer between Ramonja and the other ladies, whether sharing a cabin with them in Montana or a canoe in the Berkshires. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ramona had her big woods meltdown in Carole's company - Carole was sympathetic and concerned about Ramona, or at least until she realized that she'd been played. Carole's also been largely conflict-avoidant, at least before #bookgate (which was personal). In St. Barth's, everyone wanted her to take sides and she just wanted everyone to try to get along. 

Sure, Carole's made little digs here and there, but they all have and for the most part, I found her to be one of the nicer, more accessible HWs. So yeah, it sucks to hear her crack about Ramona not fitting into her dresses, which makes Ramona sound like a heifer (there's nothing wrong with Ramona's weight!). I'm especially bummed out to see her putting her editor in a tough position. I worked at a literary agency and saw some great writing that will probably never be published by a "name" publisher. It bugs me to see someone take their publishing connections, their platform etc. for granted when so many would do anything for that same chance.

• Love 5
LuAnn is ostensibly responding on behalf of a girl/woman with whom she has a maternal relationship;

Is the niece mute? (I watched Work of Art, but hardly remember anything about it.)

When Heather approached Sonja at the party she started by saying that B had called her to tell her about the meeting with Sonja's "team".

Good catch. Sounds like Beth was trying to stir up something between Sonja and Heather.

This is so funny to me because my mom was 41 when I was born. My dad was 29. They've been married 60 years now.....

What I find funny is a grown man being called a teen and a toddler. The hell?

I'm not sure why that would be.

Me, neither, as Beth is the one constantly shooting daggers.

Maybe Noel is ghost-Tweeting for his mom.

• Love 3

If they wore decent shoes, they could walk through the city.

This.

When I lived in the city--in Murray Hill-- I had absolutely no problem walking up to the Met {up in the  80s) or down to the Village....it cost nothing, and helped keep me in great shape!

• Love 2
(edited)

I think we can thank LuAnn for this Adam thing even being a thing on social media. The season was going along well until she (or her ghost tweeter with her approval) began with all the disparaging remarks.

I have yet to be convinced about this outrage at this point in time when she was chummy chummy with Carole as late as several days before the season started airing. Hell, chummy up until the airing of the April 28 episode. There hasn't been a thing said or done on TV to even explain it away (given that up until last week's episode LuAnn was tweeting about loving the episodes, about watching Bruce Jenner's interview, about her TV spots for her products, about the earthquake in Nepal). LuAnn has no new information from when she knew about this in filming until last week's episode airing. In her talk with Carole at the gathering, LuAnn agreed that Adam and Nicole had not been dating for a year.

LuAnn is also being disingenuous by trying to act like Adam and Nicole were going on some reconciliation trip when it was a group trip to Nicaragua for the farm collective. But LuAnn is nothing if not a woman (who also refers to herself and the other women as girl from time to time, but that's totally cool because it's LuAnn...I guess) who will lie and distort and act put upon about those lies and distortions.

Oh, and here's why I believe LuAnn has a ghost tweeter, the third person usage:

Luann de Lesseps @CountessLuann  ·  Apr 28
Of course she hasn’t told Luann. What’s she going to say? #embarrassing.

Luann de Lesseps @CountessLuann  ·  Apr 28
If you’re not nervous to tell Luann, then why didn’t you?

When all of her tweets prior to this instigating mess are laced with "my" and "I" (unless she's playing The Countess game, which is the only time she resorts to third person), I'm calling foul. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4
LuAnn is nothing if not a woman...who will lie and distort

I wish so much someone would Tweet her and ask her how her "Italian friends" are doing. You know, the ones she ran into in St. Barth's.

At this point, the Twitter thing is a lose-lose. Even if it was all cooked up for ratings, everyone involved looks bad for one reason or another. The friendship's probably over regardless, which is a shame, because I liked that Carole and LuAnn got beyond their initial friction and managed to become friends. If it's all true, everyone still looks pretty bad. The only person standing to gain from all this is Andy Cohen, who's no doubt eating this all up. And as I write that, I hate that we're playing into his hands :-p

• Love 4

Jealousy isn't an all or nothing thing. You can be envious of something about someone and at the same time be glad that you're not living their life.  I agree that Heather has nothing to be jealous about. Unless she's trying to grow and diversify her business as fast and furiously as Beth did and it's not working.  But Heather may be happy with her career just the way it is. 

I don't know if Heather is jealous of Bethenny. I think her problem with Beth is something other than that - She was used to being the bossy know-it-all of the group and then, along came Bethenny.  Annnnnd....Beth is a bitch and I don't think Heather is used to someone being up in her grill like that.

I am not sure that Heather was prepared for Bethenny's childish response, pretending to sleep, considering Bethenny is a successful business woman. LOL

I would too, but it's gotten too personal to be a set-up, IMO. I was looking at the Tweets this morning, finally, and it reflects poorly on them both. Now LuAnn is saying that Nicole and Adam were "still seeing each other" and were planning a trip together, which completely negates what she said on the most recent episode about the relationship being over for some time.

I guess the statement could be technically true in that Adam and Nicole share mutual friends and still see each other on occasion, as a friend…and this trip LuAnn refers to is probably the Nicaraguan trip, which is a group effort. But the Tweet certainly makes it sound like Nicole and Adam were romantically involved and along came Carole and ruined it all.

This "fight" is coming out of nowhere. All was fine between LuAnn and Carole until right before this aired, Carole even said that on WWHL. IMO, LuAnn is ramping it up for fans and not because of her niece. She is pulling a JillZ move IMO.

I saw it differently, Bethenny was direct to the point with Sonja's shady business partners, she asked them directly several things. Bethenny was flabergasted by them, not so much by Sonja even though I would be because there isa point in your life that as a grown up woman you should know better.

Even as she was walking out Bethenny said "I am afraid she is going to get screwed again" meaning those shady guys were going to take off with Sonja's money.

Even in her blog of this week, this are Bethenny's own words about this

IMO Bethenny was concerned about Sonja being taken advantage of, as oppose as Heather whom I saw as being upset about not being invited because she fancies herself as the one with most business experience but it is obvious to me that Heather can care less about Sonja and openly mocks her and blatantly dishes her constantly.

Sonja is delusional and she is throwing her last pennies to the wind, but IMO she is a harmless drunk as opposed as a vicious one like Kim Richards. I feel sorry for Sonja while I despise Kim.

I think Heather was upset because clothing is her thing/business and Sonja only asking Bethenny was a slap in the face after all the detailed work she and her team did for the stupid, never gonna happen, toaster oven.

Sonja is not much better than KimR, Sonja gets her digs in all the time and her claws are long and sharp IMO.

• Love 2
(edited)

I looked over at Lu's Twitter & it doesn't seem too bad, so she must have deleted many, if not most, of her mean tweets.  Carole's Twitter, on the other hand, is ridiculous.  She's gone far beyond defending herself.  She's really gone overboard.  Hey, look, I haven't forgotten how she dealt with Aviva -- how she called her "nothing" because she never held a job or the way she squeezed her face in a threatening manner.

Guess now Carole is a "nothing" because she has no job & she makes no effort to meet the few deadlines she's obligated to finish with her editor & she seems to do nothing with her time, other than Tweet or take random drugs strangers hand her or puke to impress dudes or bang the barely employed chef who looks like Scoobie's pal Shaggy.  OK, OK, she can go ahead & bang Chef Shaggy.  I don't especially care.  They both seem to meet each other's needs.  Maybe she can find him a job (the way Lu claims she & her many relatives have) or give him a place to live & she can still feel like she's a 20-something hot chick cuz she's got a dude decades younger banging her.

Something about the way Carole's behaving now -- she just looks so foolish.  Maybe it's the immaturity or just my disappointment in her.  She seemed so smart & together when we first met her.  Bethenny mentions in her blog she doesn't think Sonja is putting on a "persona" as others have.  I believe that.  So who is B referring to when she says that?  I thought of Carole first.  Is she really living life now as such an aimless ditz?  Or is that a persona for the show?  Has she really dumbed herself down & is she puking her guts out just to get a decades-younger guy?  Eh, it's all her business, whatever the answer is, but I'm not especially enjoying watching her make an utter fool of herself.  Satan Andy is probably loving it & finding it hysterical.  He would.

Anyhoo, since Carole is B's good friend now, I suspect her "persona" jab was meant for Lu.  Well, hey, snakey Lu is back -- in a big way.  She never left the building.  She's lying to us like cra-zazy -- or not telling us a ton of shit about who she really is.  We've gotten hints, but not the exact extent of who she really is.  I'll phrase it politely, but it sounds like she is EXTREMELY promiscuous -- & not at all discriminating in who she hooks up with.  So Carole is quite right to point out that Lu is being insanely hypocritical to pass judgement on Carole's dating life in any way.  I must say I'm enjoying Carole's Tweets that hint on just how indiscriminating Lu is in her sex life.

I really think Heather just wanted to be invited for the screen time, to remind people of the business she's in.

Oh yeah, I agree.  But given that B is not in the fashion biz, I give her kadooz how she caught on immediately the way the characters in that meeting were not being straight -- about anything.  Their answer to everything was they were in "talks" -- which is completely meaningless.  Heather is coming off really mean in the way she's speaking about Sonja.  Oh sure, Heather's absolutely correct about Sonja's bullshit & nonsense & delusions, but she still sounds mean.  Really mean.  Doesn't seem like a good season for Heather.

Sheesh, when anyone in that meeting mentioned "Sonja Brands", they looked soooooo freakin' uncomfortable.  Ha!  Sonja Brands?  Still gives me a giggle.  Love it anytime she mentions her "staff", which ONLY includes people she doesn't pay.  Er, cuz she has no dough to pay anyone.  Your "staff", eh, Sonja?  Oy.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

I am not sure that Heather was prepared for Bethenny's childish response, pretending to sleep, considering Bethenny is a successful business woman. LOL

This "fight" is coming out of nowhere. All was fine between LuAnn and Carole until right before this aired, Carole even said that on WWHL. IMO, LuAnn is ramping it up for fans and not because of her niece. She is pulling a JillZ move IMO.

I think Heather was upset because clothing is her thing/business and Sonja only asking Bethenny was a slap in the face after all the detailed work she and her team did for the stupid, never gonna happen, toaster oven.

Sonja is not much better than KimR, Sonja gets her digs in all the time and her claws are long and sharp IMO.

I think you are right about Luann. That is very disappointing to me. I have always enjoyed Lu but could understand why some didn't like her. Last season she came off so well, and was hoping we would see that again. Now everything is tainted by this childish twitter stuff.

• Love 2

LuAnn is ramping it up for fans and not because of her niece. She is pulling a JillZ move IMO.

Yup. That didn't work out too well for Jill, so LuAnn should probably rethink this strategy. 

• Love 4

I think Heather was upset because clothing is her thing/business and Sonja only asking Bethenny was a slap in the face after all the detailed work she and her team did for the stupid, never gonna happen, toaster oven.

That would be the case if you believe that Heather was coming from a good place and not a self serving place. I do not believe that, however I do believe that:

1) If Sonja would have invited someone like Kristen, Heather wouldn't have cared or even made a big deal out of it

2) Heather wanted to highligh her business skills and has no desire of helping Sonja at all, if anything she wanted more food for her fooder.

3) The fact that Sonja invited Bethenny and not her irked her to no end because out of all the other women she thinks of Bethenny as her only competition.

So IMO if Heather wouldn't mock and slam Sonja at every turn and openly laugh at Sonja's delusions (which BTW she is entitled to because Sonja is delusional) I would be more inclined to believe that she cared a little bit about Sonja and she is coming from a place of concern. So far all I have seen Heather do is basically mock, slam, talked about her, repeteadly laugh at Sonja, so I do not believe that at this moment Heather had any interest in Sonja but rather just wanted to use Sonja to showcase herself.

Heather wants to pretend to care for Sonja but on the other hand she mocks her relentessly so I can totally understand why at that point in time Sonja didn't feel like inviting her. Sonja has given many reasons to others to believe that she is making many, many mistakes but at this point she also seems harmless so I think is in bad taste that Heather wants to pretend that she has good intentions when it is obvious to me that she has nothing but contempt for Sonja.

I would respect her more if she would just say that she learned her lesson and wants nothing to do with Sonja's imaginary businesses and just move on instead of that she goes crying murder about it and again makes a huge deal about something so trivial. That in itself is what I find annoying.  

• Love 8
Bethenny mentions in her blog she doesn't think Sonja is putting on a "persona" as others have.  I believe that.  So who is B referring to when she says that?

IMO Bethenny is referring to Heather.

Heather who wants to pretend that the reason why she was mad at Sonja for not inviting her was because she cares so deeply about Sonja when anybody with eyes and ears can tell that this is  BS.

Heather who pretends she cares so much about not hurting others' feelings but when she hurts others feelings always finds an excuse.

Heather who acuses others of being a bitch but who is rather bitchy herself

Heather who slammed Sonja and Ramona for drinking so much last season but who laughs when her bestie Carole tells her that she is eating "gummy bears" and puking in a guy's lap.

I do think that Heather is very cautious of her TV persona, she always wants to show her good side and so far she has been able to get away with it due to Aviva's presence but the real Heather is IMO far more bitchy than Bethenny herself, the difference is that Bethenny does it to the person's face and Heather waits to do it behind their backs or to send passive aggressive messages to get others riled up while she just keeps smiling. Heather IMO wears a mask and hides very well who she really is or at least she thinks she does, this seasons however her mask has start to slip off.

• Love 9
(edited)

I have some experience in creating a line as we manufacture our own line every season. It does take a lot of lead time. What you do is create your design...make a pattern...make a sample...and then put it out there for sale. You will cut to order. So if you get an order for 100 pieces that is what you cut. You have to get enough orders for it to be economically viable. You are not going to cut twenty dresses for the mass market that Sonja is trying to hit.

The people Sonja hooked up with are the typical huckster and thieves you run into in the fashion world.

This makes sense. On Sonja's website, you can only 'pre order' the clothes. So you won't get your garment until enough people have ordered the same thing. (Also, the sizing is off. On the sizing chart, a M is said to be a UK size 12-14 but is a US size 6-8.  That's about two sizes out. A UK size 14 is a US size 10.)

I don't know much about fashion, but I do know that designers are already preparing Spring/Summer 2016 ranges. So if this was filmed last winter, there's not a chance in hell that Sonja's going to have any clothes ready now. There are also no retail outlets on the website.

I fear Sonja's delusions have led her into some shady lanes again with those people. I thought Bethenny was going to slap that bitch who was doing all the talking at that meeting.

Oh, and did Sonja admit to being a prostitute? She only swallows if the man has a Black Card (I presume she means Amex).

As an aside, the African American woman who'd been in The Hamptons at Luann's house also re-appeared in this week's episode. Any idea who she is?

Edited by essexjan

IMO Bethenny was concerned about Sonja being taken advantage of, as oppose as Heather whom I saw as being upset about not being invited because she fancies herself as the one with most business experience but it is obvious to me that Heather can care less about Sonja and openly mocks her and blatantly dishes her constantly.

I would be harder on Heather if she hadn't made a pretty honest effort to help Sonja on the toaster oven campaign only to have Sonja merrily shit on her in the reunion for doing such a shit job. No, I don't think Heather really cares if Sonja falls on her face because Sonja has shown again and again that she will get highhanded and refuse to listen.

There's a point where Sonja is so nasty about how she's the victim and doing all these cool business things, that frankly, my evil side can't wait until the inevitable collapse. Then I remind myself thats not nice, even if you're a cartoon on a reality show. But really, Sonja isn't inspiring a lot of love.

• Love 7

Yup. That didn't work out too well for Jill, so LuAnn should probably rethink this strategy. 

Has history taught us nothing?

And if it means we're gonna get some big fake fashion show for a line that's never gonna happen?  OK, bring it, show -- I'm in.

I'm thinking back to the debacle of the She by Sheree 'fashion show' in RHOA. Maybe Sheree could give Sonja some tips on how to run a fashion house.

• Love 5
(edited)

You know, when I look at the site for Sonja's fake-a-roo fashion line & it asks for pre-payment, that gives me the icks.  Serious icks.  Asking for pre-payment of anywhere from 400 to a thousand bucks?  They're fuckin' kiddin', right?  Ah, Sonja, the big ole con-artist, getting involved with a bunch of other con-artists.  No surprise to me there.  Sorry, but anyone forking over 400 to a thou, to Sonja, for dresses that will never get made, is just dumb.  Really, really, really dumb.

Even Carole ain't that dumb in her latest Chef-Shaggy-banging personna.  Or is she?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

I don't think Bethenny can fix Sonja but they had a good energy together. I feel like Bethenny can handle her without getting upset or getting into a fight like Heather. She just sizes up the situation and decides how to act. The fashion people were super shady. Why would they agree to be on camera? The girl was actually the shadiest to me, questioning Bethenny on whether she knew anything about fashion. That said, Heather and Luanne need to cool it. They do enjoy snarking on Sonja. They also probably wanted to get in a filming scene and didn't like being excluded though it was just a Bethenny/Sonja scene and not like a big fashion show. I don't think Sonja was under any obligation to invite them. 

Luanne/Dorinda and Kristen/Carole made for very bland pairings. I did like how sensible the first two are away from the others. Though it seems like Dorinda has decided she's going to talk about Richard all the time which is going to get tedious. Does Carole have anything going on aside from Adam? There's nothing interesting about their relationship beyond the fact that they're going out. Have you noticed that? I don't think it's wrong that they're going out and that she didn't tell Luanne but it is a little weird now hearing that Carole knew about Adam before that day and hung out with Luanne's niece. Again, not wrong but... I guess it's like Harry. Of all the guys why do you want to choose the one who's dated people you know? 

Ramona and Sonja have a very frenetic energy but when they're not fighting with anyone they're surprisingly tolerable.

Oh my God. I rejected the first five thoughts I had about Kristen's blog because they were too mean to post. But come on now. She does not need that much staff. You are not supposed to waste that much money starting a blog. It's sad that her modeling career has apparently cooled so much that she needs to pay people to take pictures of her.

Oh God, that awkward Ramona/Kristen/Dominik scene. 

Josh showed up to Dorinda's cocktail party looking like a preacher. What was with that outfit?

SHUT UP, Heather. Oh, yeah. You were making a big deal of it but you were totally trying to start something and Bethenny shut you down. Was she rude about it? Yes. But she was sending a message. And way to make a big deal of the "plus one" thing when you were the one who asked. I doubt she'll let this go because she's finally found a storyline.

Sonja and Ramona are ignoring each other? What? God this episode was boring.

Who was the girl in the yellow coat?

• Love 4

I looked over at Lu's Twitter & it doesn't seem too bad, so she must have deleted many, if not most, of her mean tweets.  Carole's Twitter, on the other hand, is ridiculous.  She's gone far beyond defending herself.  She's really gone overboard.  Hey, look, I haven't forgotten how she dealt with Aviva -- how she called her "nothing" because she never held a job or the way she squeezed her face in a threatening manner.

Guess now Carole is a "nothing" because she has no job & she makes no effort to meet the few deadlines she's obligated to finish with her editor & she seems to do nothing with her time, other than Tweet or take random drugs strangers hand her or puke to impress dudes or bang the barely employed chef who looks like Scoobie's pal Shaggy.  OK, OK, she can go ahead & bang Chef Shaggy.  I don't especially care.  They both seem to meet each other's needs.  Maybe she can find him a job (the way Lu claims she & her many relatives have) or give him a place to live & she can still feel like she's a 20-something hot chick cuz she's got a dude decades younger banging her.

Something about the way Carole's behaving now -- she just looks so foolish.  Maybe it's the immaturity or just my disappointment in her.  She seemed so smart & together when we first met her in Season 1.  Bethenny mentions in her blog she doesn't think Sonja is putting on a "persona" as others have.  I believe that.  So who is B referring to when she says that?  I thought of Carole first.  Is she really living life now as such an aimless ditz?  Or is that a persona for the show?  Has she really dumbed herself down & is she puking her guts out just to get a decades-younger guy?  Eh, it's all her business, whatever the answer is, but I'm not especially enjoying watching her make an utter fool of herself.  Satan Andy is probably loving it & finding it hysterical.  He would.

How dare you.

How dare you "disrespect everyone who spends years honing their craft" by blowing off professional deadlines to attend raves and seduce younger paramours with their vomit.

Writing isn't like writing an e-mail; it's like giggling in your editor's office and wondering why contractual obligations are, like, obligatory.

For Carole, it's who she is.

It's how she pays her bills.

She's been on Oprah to promote her book for goodness' sake.

• Love 10
It's sad that her modeling career has apparently cooled so much that she needs to pay people to take pictures of her.

I did not watch Courtney Kerr's godawful show, but I've visited her blog* and sadly, Kristen talking about her blog just reminded me of this. Still, if it makes her feel happy, then that's a good thing. 

* I haven't thought to check out anything about Courtney in ages, but she does NOT look good as a blonde…and I'm surprised to see her taking such a heavy hand with her makeup.

• Love 2

Oh, I can!  I'll have to paraphrase, but it went like this:  "I heard a man's voice outside.  It was Luann."  

Memorable, and priceless.  

Yeah, that will always be funny to me. I think it was more like Carole said, "I heard two male voices...one was LuAnn's."

• Love 5

That would be the case if you believe that Heather was coming from a good place and not a self serving place. I do not believe that, however I do believe that:

1) If Sonja would have invited someone like Kristen, Heather wouldn't have cared or even made a big deal out of it

2) Heather wanted to highligh her business skills and has no desire of helping Sonja at all, if anything she wanted more food for her fooder.

3) The fact that Sonja invited Bethenny and not her irked her to no end because out of all the other women she thinks of Bethenny as her only competition.

So IMO if Heather wouldn't mock and slam Sonja at every turn and openly laugh at Sonja's delusions (which BTW she is entitled to because Sonja is delusional) I would be more inclined to believe that she cared a little bit about Sonja and she is coming from a place of concern. So far all I have seen Heather do is basically mock, slam, talked about her, repeteadly laugh at Sonja, so I do not believe that at this moment Heather had any interest in Sonja but rather just wanted to use Sonja to showcase herself.

Heather wants to pretend to care for Sonja but on the other hand she mocks her relentessly so I can totally understand why at that point in time Sonja didn't feel like inviting her. Sonja has given many reasons to others to believe that she is making many, many mistakes but at this point she also seems harmless so I think is in bad taste that Heather wants to pretend that she has good intentions when it is obvious to me that she has nothing but contempt for Sonja.

I would respect her more if she would just say that she learned her lesson and wants nothing to do with Sonja's imaginary businesses and just move on instead of that she goes crying murder about it and again makes a huge deal about something so trivial. That in itself is what I find annoying.  

First, Sonja crapped all over Heather when Heather/team did all that free work for the non existent toaster oven. Heather earned the right to question anything Sonja claims to be doing business wise for that incident alone, not to even mention all the drunken antics and OTT claims of wealth/connections. 

Second, Bethenny was the one that called and told Heather all about that meeting and I am sure that conversation set off a few alarms in Heathers head about Sonja getting mixed up/involved with shady people that could ruin what little reputation Sonja has left.

Third, I do think Heather would gladly help Sonja if and only if, Sonja was serious and listened. Something I am not sure Sonja can or will do because she seems to think she knows it all. Heck, she even questions Bethenny's advice in her blog this week.

Fourth, I have seen Sonja slam Heather's business knowledge, skills and mock her for the professional advice/help she asked Heather  for and was given free of charge.

Fifth, It was Bethenny that involved Heather, blame her for stirring the pot.  And the 1 time Heather/LuAnn talked to Sonja about this does not equate to Heather "making a big deal" about anything, it was 1 time. Now if she keeps talking about it every episode, then Yes, Heather needs to let it go. LOL

• Love 7

Who was the girl in the yellow coat?

You mean the one Heather called 'Big Bird' and told Sonja to go rescue her boy toy from?  I almost forgot about that. Another example of Heather sticking her schnozz where it doesn't belong and being a catty bitch.

As far as who the woman is, I don't know.  We've seen her several times now.  She's obviously a friend of someone but I don't think Heather likes her very much. 

• Love 2
As an aside, the African American woman who'd been in The Hamptons at Luann's house also re-appeared in this week's episode. Any idea who she is?

Nopers, but at Lu's she had the Chanel 2.55 bag, which is 5 thou, if real -- and then we can sorta assume she's fixed pretty good.  If it's a Canal Street or Chinese knock-off, then maybe not so much.  Is she Lu's one black friend?

Well Heather doesn't like her because she wants to be the only authentically black person at a party in the Hamptons. Holla!

Also I have to say that I love the fact that Lu is letting her booty pirate side show this season.

What is the opposite of slut shaming?

Oh I know:

giphy.gif

• Love 10

If Adam and Nicole were still "seeing" each other, fwb, whatever, it's on HIM to be responsible for his own behavior.  He's not brain-dead.  He has autonomy and he made the choice to do whatever he and Carole are doing together.   Lu should be mad at him for hurting Nicole if Nicole is hurt by Adam seeing someone else.

THIS!!!! A thousand times this! Seriously, I'm sure this sucks for Nicole but that's life. People move on, ex's move on and Carole is not responsible for the lack of a relationship between Adam and Nicole.

LuAnn is venturing into boiled bunny territory over a man that she didn't even date! Very uncool.

• Love 8

It would not surprise me at all if the whole Adam fight is something that Carole and LuAnn have worked up to have a story--just like the whole ghost-writer fight gave Aviva and Carole a story--and a way to hawk their respective books during the season.

We saw LuAnn's new house so what else would she film about and Carole hasn't written anything, and she can't do all her filming pretending to write a Widow's Guide script in LA unless she becomes a BH ho-wife.

Carole may be hanging with Adam--but I think the fighting is just to give them both fodder for the season.   Bethenny has her life drama, Ramona has her divorce, Sonja has her mess of a life,    Heather has nuttin,  Kristen has nothing....maybe her blog?,    What would see LuAnn and Carole do if they weren't talking about Adam?  Nothing.  I call plotline device.

• Love 1

Should we draw and quarter Carole for having the nerve to date someone who's younger? This is so funny to me because my mom was 41 when I was born. My dad was 29. They've been married 60 years now.....

And my parents are seven years apart.   But there's a big difference between seven years (my parents), twelve years (your parents), and twenty-two years (Carole and boy toy).

I don't know that anyone's suggesting drawing and quartering.  I just want it to go away.  And one more thing, I would give money to see Sonja show up with Russ somewhere.  Then we'll see how Carole really feels on the ex topic

Funny you mention Brandi and Kristen's friendship. I saw Kristen on a show today, while I do find Kristen bland/boring she does seem like a nice woman. A grown up. Ok, so they asked how she got on the show, and she pretty much tells the story I have heard before. She was with Brandi at a Bravo party and then got a call to audition or whatever and boom she's on the show. The only difference is this time she never names Brandi. She leaves out her name completely. It makes me think maybe Kristen doesn't want to be associated with trashy Brandi. Just a thought.

Kristen certainly seems to have more class and taste than Brandi.  But then I remember that Brandi had to keep Kristen from running away with the Elvis impersonator during her own bachelorette party.

Maybe I'm the only one but I think LuAnn can be very clever and witty in her scenes that appear to be unscripted. Carole seems to think she is the most clever, most witty, most accomplished woman on the face of the planet.

Carole's blogs and THs can be very clever, but that's in retrospect, and with plenty of time to plan her little jokes.  I don't think Carole is quick on her feet.

• Love 8

Sheesh, when anyone in that meeting mentioned "Sonja Brands", they looked soooooo freakin' uncomfortable.  Ha!  Sonja Brands?  Still gives me a giggle.  Love it anytime she mentions her "staff", which ONLY includes people she doesn't pay.  Er, cuz she has no dough to pay anyone.  Your "staff", eh, Sonja?  Oy.

No, I don't think Heather really cares if Sonja falls on her face because Sonja has shown again and again that she will get highhanded and refuse to listen.

There's a point where Sonja is so nasty about how she's the victim and doing all these cool business things, that frankly, my evil side can't wait until the inevitable collapse. Then I remind myself thats not nice, even if you're a cartoon on a reality show. But really, Sonja isn't inspiring a lot of love.

I'm sorry that Sexy-J Sonja seems to be unraveling, but I hope this latest train wreck will be a wake-up call. At least Sonja can hire Bethenny to be her coach. I was so glad Bethenny was able to force Sonja to articulate her brand. I just hope that Sonja doesn't turn on Bethenny for calling out the shadiness of Team Sonja. Speaking of . . . I wonder how that Nigerian football team fits in with the "upscale fashion lifestyle brand" and the "sexy novel".

• Love 3

I don't know that anyone's suggesting drawing and quartering.  I just want it to go away.  And one more thing, I would give money to see Sonja show up with Russ somewhere.  Then we'll see how Carole really feels on the ex topic

That would only apply if Carole was dating an ex of LuAnns, not her niece. LOL But, didn't LuAnn get all defensive when Sonja called her out about dating/seeing Harry at the same time Sonja was? In LuAnn's mind, that was perfectly ok because Harry/Sonja were not "serious" in her opinion. LuAnn lives a double standard life IMO.

• Love 2

I'm sorry that Sexy-J Sonja seems to be unraveling, but I hope this latest train wreck will be a wake-up call. At least Sonja can hire Bethenny to be her coach. I was so glad Bethenny was able to force Sonja to articulate her brand. I just hope that Sonja doesn't turn on Bethenny for calling out the shadiness of Team Sonja. Speaking of . . . I wonder how that Nigerian football team fits in with the "upscale fashion lifestyle brand" and the "sexy novel".

From reading Sonja's blog this week, I don't think anything Bethenny said to her got through any more than what Heather, LuAnn or Ramona told her last season. Sonja said pretty much the same thing about her "lifestyle brand" last season as she is this season and all 4 women, Bethenny, Heather, LuAnn and Ramona, have all said to pick 1 product and get it to market first then build off of that!

• Love 2
(edited)

Why was she tolerating this & where in the fuckety fuck was Dickhead in the stupid hat, while his wife was being assaulted by that baboon? I hated the end of this ep, where John was molesting both Sonja & Kristen. Why can't you get it, Satan Andy, this is exactly the kind of misogynist shit we don't wanna see?

yup, looks like we've got our regular Uncle Trustworthy character for the season. It didn't work the first time as an aside, and I'm disgusted, whether it's organic douchery, or if Dorinda just has a strange affinity for dunces. He's gross coming from a Yesterday away. Edited by Souvlaki

You know, when I look at the site for Sonja's fake-a-roo fashion line & it asks for pre-payment, that gives me the icks.  Serious icks.  Asking for pre-payment of anywhere from 400 to a thousand bucks?  They're fuckin' kiddin', right?  Ah, Sonja, the big ole con-artist, getting involved with a bunch of other con-artists.  No surprise to me there.  Sorry, but anyone forking over 400 to a thou, to Sonja, for dresses that will never get made, is just dumb.  Really, really, really dumb.

Even Carole ain't that dumb in her latest Chef-Shaggy-banging personna.  Or is she?

Wouldn't you think that would raise a red flag to anyone who knows what has happened with Sonja in the past?  I mean, doesn't she have to pay out 7 million dollars for a movie that never got made?   

It seems like she wants the public to finance her start-up fees, by pre-paying for their clothes.  This is not couture, one of kind pieces being hand-made....this is "accessible luxury" (I do like that phrase - Bethenny should really have trademarked it, instead of throwing it out there for Sonja with a "j" to use).  These garments, if they are EVER made, will probably be made in some sweat shop in Sri Lanka or somewhere.

Sonja would have been better off doing a "Gofundme" page.  

• Love 4

The only thing about Carole and the BF that really bothers me is the "I don't care" comment. Now there are a great number of things about it that make me roll my eyes (riding on handle bars? Jesus, emotional toddlers in love!), but that's just par for the course with me and Carole. I always find her on the edge of insufferable. However, she can date whom ever she wants. And the age difference doesn't bother me at all. Why should it? 13 years isn't even that big for this group. The Count was I think 15 years older than Luanne, i think Josh is 10 years older than Kristen. It's not an issue for me if it isn't for Carole. It does bother me that she said she doesn't care if the niece is upset. It bothers me a lot because it's just mean. She has every right to date this guy and she doesn't have to stop because it will hurt someone feelings, but how hard is it just to be a little gentle if you know your behavior will hurt someone you're friends with? How hard is it to say "I'm sorry so and so is going to get hurt." Why go out of your way to be as nasty as possible about it? I don't subscribe to the school of thought that not giving a fuck about others is a virtue. Carole's TH just had this over the top meanness to it that Carole can display every now and then.

• Love 6

We've seen Sonja's delusions & fake businesses & her con artist shtick so many times, it's extremely boring by now.  But B's reaction to this now tiresome bullshit has brought a freshness to it.  

I will never get tired of Sonja's delusions and fake businesses. Team Sonja segments are my favorite. The people she surrounds herself with mostly terrible or weird or both. It's an alternate reality. I'm not proud, but I actually tried briefly to find a LinkedIn page for the bitchy woman at the "showing" with Bethany. She was so imperious and rude. I'm dying to know what her story is.

• Love 6
Sonja would have been better off doing a "Gofundme" page.

Sonja's never going to do anything practical. It's all about keeping up a particular pretense and image, which is ridiculous. I think people would have a lot more respect for her if she stopped trying to soft-pedal her problems with comments like "they only sue when they know you can afford to pay them," started living within her means, and looking for an income source that doesn't reek of shady or vague. (I think, too, the tabloids wouldn't take such glee in her situation if she showed that she was dealing with stuff head-on.) Instead, she insists that there's nothing wrong and seems to be living beyond her means.

As I noted in Sonja's thread, it would have made more sense for her to aim for the mid-market with her clothing line, in terms of making money and doing so fairly quickly. Jaclyn Smith, Isaac Mizrahi, Kathy Ireland and Jessica Simpson have done VERY well for themselves by putting their collections in Target and such. (I definitely would have bought something of Sonja's in Target.) The type of woman who buys a dress at Neiman Marcus isn't going to spend $1K on a dress on spec that may or may nor even fit properly. "Know your customer" is a cardinal rule and I don't know how Sonja's strategy fits with her target demographic, or really anyone.

• Love 4
(edited)

I will never get tired of Sonja's delusions and fake businesses. Team Sonja segments are my favorite. The people she surrounds herself with mostly terrible or weird or both. It's an alternate reality. I'm not proud, but I actually tried briefly to find a LinkedIn page for the bitchy woman at the "showing" with Bethany. She was so imperious and rude. I'm dying to know what her story is.

Part of me thought these have to be actors because there's no way genuine successful business people would be acting this way. I feel a little guilty but I love these scenes too. I don't even dislike Sonja at all, in fact I still like her and her ridiculous life and her crumbling house where she probably wakes up to pieces of the ceiling falling on her head, and her bitchy gossipy facialist, I like it all. But I love these scenes about her business even though I know she's struggling and constantly falling for bad schemes. I like Bethenny best around Sonja. She seems genuinely concerned and caring and next weeks promo she sounds sincerely on the verge of tears.

I can't even get worked up over the Carole and Luanne drama. Carole is just the worst, she's hard to look at and thinks she's somehow hot shit but Luann's anger seems insincere and fake. I hope an elderly friend of Lee Radizwell comes over for dinner one night and Adam takes off with her. It would be the perfect ending to this storyline.

Edited by racked
  • Love 7

It's not an issue for me if it isn't for Carole. It does bother me that she said she doesn't care if the niece is upset. It bothers me a lot because it's just mean. She has every right to date this guy and she doesn't have to stop because it will hurt someone feelings, but how hard is it just to be a little gentle if you know your behavior will hurt someone you're friends with? How hard is it to say "I'm sorry so and so is going to get hurt." Why go out of your way to be as nasty as possible about it? I don't subscribe to the school of thought that not giving a fuck about others is a virtue. Carole's TH just had this over the top meanness to it that Carole can display every now and then.

I'm a self-proclaimed apathetic piece of shit. I'm well known for it and I think Carole has every right to not care about Adam's exes, no matter who they are.

But, to say that on television doesn't endear her to anyone. Didn't she admit that Adam and LuAnn's nieve (does she have a name?) are still close friends? It all just seems stupid. What's the opposite of a power move because that's essentially what Carole did by doing her IDGAF monologue on TV.

• Love 6

Kirsten is a very pretty woman but her lipcolor at the cocktail party was bizarre - magenta/purple with red in the corners on my screen. Is that a thing?

I quite like Dorita when she is with the other women but cannot stand her with her daughter or boyfriend. Why is she getting so much screen time just to diss her boyfriend with the daughter and vice versa? And the fact that the daughter is a mugger like Kara Keogh from RHOC isn't helping matters. So cutesy... NOT. But I like how she reads the room and calls it like it is with the ladies.

I guess I would love to live in Sonja Land where 7 million dollar judgements are just a misunderstanding and not to be concerned about. Where does she find these "business people"? I died when Bethanny was all "you have a brand????". Me too. And I doubt she's ever even kissed her boy toy off camera. Sonja is 100% fake.

• Love 4
(edited)

OMG -- Carole is so Cool Girl. I've always thought Gone Girl was a bit overrated but that monologue is slow clap, I'm not worthy levels of on point.

Yeah -- islandgirl140 nailed Carole's persona with that quote -- all we need to do is add a line about gummy bears & wearing vintage lace on a manly hike, and it's perfect.

eta: and being way too cool to want a kitchen in her home; that story arc was so fucking strained, so desperate for Cool Girl status, it was toe-curling. It's almost like she's striving to be some version of C. Bessette Kennedy, without any of the depth. (I know lots of people think Bessette was just a media hound -- I did, when the engagement/marriage first happened -- but I had a friend who styled Bessette for an afternoon, and my friend said that CBK told her that wore the same hairstyle, hat, jeans, boot, gloves and coat all winter, just to foil the paparazzi. Because -- since she was not wearing anything the least bit different -- they had a harder time selling what was essentially the same photo. My respect went through the roof for her after that; she was truly trying to lessen her media exposure, not pretend to be doing so while inciting hordes of photographers to snap endless pictures of her in her latest 'fashion forward' outfit. I cannot imagine a world in which Carole R would not only want such a thing, but actually do it, months on end.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
(edited)

Has Lu's niece chimed in yet? This is based on nothing but a kind of spidey sense from getting screwed over myself, but I'm wondering if Chef thought the relationship was no big thing and ended a year ago while the niece thought it was more serious and they were hooking up with an eye towards rekindling the flames until very recently, when out of all the embryos in NYC, Carole swooped in and took hers.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

Has Lu's niece chimed in yet? This is based on nothing but a kind of spidey sense from getting screwed over, but I'm wondering if Chef thought the relationship was no big thing and ended a year ago while the niece thought it was serious and they were hooking up with an eye towards rekindling the flames until very recently, until out of all the embryos in NYC, Carole swooped in and took hers.

That was sort of my guess too. They were still sleeping together and she thought they were getting back together while he thought they were just friends with benefits.

• Love 6
(edited)

Has Lu's niece chimed in yet? This is based on nothing but a kind of spidey sense from getting screwed over, but I'm wondering if Chef thought the relationship was no big thing and ended a year ago while the niece thought it was more serious and they were hooking up with an eye towards rekindling the flames until very recently, when out of all the embryos in NYC, Carole swooped in and took hers.

Yeah, it smells of something behind the scenes that Luann can't be more specific about (niece might've only recently told her about the real circumstances of the relationship). For me, the  worst of it was Carole R being privy to the niece's relationship, as it was still ongoing. I keep coming back to the creep factor of someone who listened to me talk about my boyfriend (someone almost thirty years older than me and a friend of my aunt, someone in the 'friend of my family member' category, and thus 'safe') suddenly sleeping with my ex.  The vampirism of that just floors me -- who the hell does that? Who would listen to a young woman -- on more than one occasion -- and then go out and target that man? Whatever age you are now, imagine yourself in your early twenties; imagine sitting at a few lunches, discussing your relationship with a much older person than you -- that person a friend of your aunt -- and then bam! you find out she's fucking your ex. (I use that word advisedly, in tribute to Carole R's emotional vulgarity.) And on top of everything else, it's all over the media. So even if they weren't still sleeping together, if I were Lu's niece, I'd feel repulsed and disgusted by Carole R's actions -- it would feel so fetid and sick -- like she went pawing through my emotional life, just to find a fucktoy.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13