Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Mind Your Own Business

• Start Topic

She doesn't have to give a shit but she should. There are things you just don't do and one of them is dating a friend's ex or one of you friend's family member's ex if you want to keep them as a friend. It is especially shallow when she knows there is no hope for any real lasting relationship with this man (embryo).

• Love 5

She doesn't have to give a shit but she should. There are things you just don't do and one of them is dating a friend's ex or one of you friend's family member's ex if you want to keep them as a friend. It is especially shallow when she knows there is no hope for any real lasting relationship with this man (embryo).

That's not necessarily true. My sister is married to the ex of one of her best friends, and they are still best friends to this day. LuAnn is the one who made it a choice for Carole, she didn't have to but she did. I guess she doesn't like who Carole chose, but that's the risk you take!

Whether there is any hope for a real lasting relationship is yet to be seen, and the assumption that Carole knows there is none is false IMO. Or wishful thinking.

• Love 1

I think Carole has shown that yes, she does care when she's attacked.

A little too much, in my opinion.  Her over-defensiveness looks like the sign of a guilty conscience to me.

I just hope we don't have to see too much of her and Adam on the rest of the season.  But I am guessing we will.  Carole is now linking his twitter on hers, and I am beginning to sense the promotional angle emerging as a prominent feature of their "relationship." And I doubt Adam is the type to pass up free camera time, lol.  You can't buy that kind of advertising.  Or at least Adam couldn't afford it.

It should be awesome.  The end of the season usually features some kind of big wrap-up event, and Nicole has shown up as Luann's guest before.  Carole can bring Adam and Lu can invite Nicole and everything will just be peachy-keen.  Because that is how the world works, right?  Except not. 

Maybe someone will dump a punchbowl on Carole and Adam.   Now that would be awesome.

• Love 2

A little too much, in my opinion.  Her over-defensiveness looks like the sign of a guilty conscience to me.

I just hope we don't have to see too much of her and Adam on the rest of the season.  But I am guessing we will.  Carole is now linking his twitter on hers, and I am beginning to sense the promotional angle emerging as a prominent feature of their "relationship." And I doubt Adam is the type to pass up free camera time, lol.  You can't buy that kind of advertising.  Or at least Adam couldn't afford it.

It should be awesome.  The end of the season usually features some kind of big wrap-up event, and Nicole has shown up as Luann's guest before.  Carole can bring Adam and Lu can invite Nicole and everything will just be peachy-keen.  Because that is how the world works, right?  Except not. 

Maybe someone will dump a punchbowl on Carole and Adam.   Now that would be awesome.

Well since we know that Luann and Carole were fine during filming and even up until a few weeks ago, I doubt there is going to be some major love triangle drama happening. 

I am much more curious about what caused Luann to have such a change of heart between the wrapping of filming and the past couple of episodes airing. If this isn't a grab for relevance, then something else had to have happened besides this nonsense over Adam. 

• Love 4

That's not necessarily true. My sister is married to the ex of one of her best friends, and they are still best friends to this day. LuAnn is the one who made it a choice for Carole, she didn't have to but she did. I guess she doesn't like who Carole chose, but that's the risk you take!

Whether there is any hope for a real lasting relationship is yet to be seen, and the assumption that Carole knows there is none is false IMO. Or wishful thinking.

That is the exception, not the rule IME.

• Love 3

But they have to make an exception to the "rule" where Harry is concerned, though.  The fact that he is a total manwhore has been openly acknowledged. I recall one scene in which several ladies were sitting around discussing who all had been to bed with Harry, and Ramona was the only one who hadn't.  

If the ladies fell out with each other every time someone slept with Harry, there would be no show because no one would be talking to anyone else.  So where Harry is concerned, there seems to be a special rule that it is okay to go to bed with him even though he has been married, coupled, etc. with some of the other ladies.  I think that is the distinction Luann was making about Harry.

That being said, it's Sonja's own fault for wanting to hook up with the guy and getting her feelings hurt when he went off with Luann.  She was only after his (eventual) inheritance anyway, imo, so tough on her. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It should be awesome.  The end of the season usually features some kind of big wrap-up event, and Nicole has shown up as Luann's guest before.  Carole can bring Adam and Lu can invite Nicole and everything will just be peachy-keen

DEAR GOD PLEASE YES.

NICOLE: Hey, Carole!

CAROLE: I'm sorry, do I know you?

NICOLE: It's me, Nicole.

CAROLE:  Nicole..wait, are you one of the catering staff? Could you get me some of those yummy gummys, so I can puke all over the nearest young man under thirty? MEN LOVE THAT IN A FIFTY SOMETHING GIRL!

NICOLE: No, I'm--

CAROLE: Wait, I know who you are!  You're a loser at a party -- desperate to compliment me about "What Remains", who I then impatiently rebuff in an attempt to look both pained and somehow serving down-to-earth realness -- I did that storyline already with Aviva!

NICOLE: No, it's just me, Nicole -- hey, are you okay? Heat stroke or something affecting your memory?

CAROLE: Nicole....NICOLE.....

NICOLE: Nicole Nadeau! We move in all the same circles -- I was even on a Bravo reality show -- "Work of Art ", the one Andy Cohen's best bud, Sarah Jessica Parker, produced? 

CAROLE: Sarah.....Sarah....Sarah?

NICOLE: She dated JFK Jr. and did a tv show based on your friend Candace Bushnell's books,  and -- oh, never mind -- I'm Aunt Lu's niece? We hung out at Aunt Lu's house? You're dating my ex -- the one I text and have dinner with all the time and am taking a trip with soon? You came to my art opening, we hung out at the A.C.E. Benefit together, had lunch a few times? Remember me talking about him?

CAROLE: NOT RINGING A BELL! I NEVER MET YOU! 

NICOLE: Okay..here are photos of us together -- does that help?

CAROLE: I CONCEDE I MET YOU BARELY THREE TIMES IN NEARLY HAVE A DECADE!

NICOLE: Actually,  more often than that -- but whatever -- can I get you some meds or something?

CAROLE: What I need is to immediately change my hair into pigtails! And put on red cowboy boots and a purple lace slip and a chunky bracelet too big for my widdle wrist and ride around on bicycle handles kicking my feet like a darling child full of life -- yet somehow also savvy-smart like a latter-day Dot Parker --PLUS I NEED A DAISY IN MY LEFT PIGTAIL AND A LOLLIPOP TO SUCK ON AND I'M SENDING A LETTER TO DADDY-- CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THAT, GIRL?

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
(edited)

That may be true, but it is an exception that even Luann has utilized with Sonja and Harry. So, Luann just needs to zip it.

Apparently, everyone gets an exception when it comes to the dating rule, except Carole. That's her exception.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4

At the end of the day Lu is taking her niece's side. It's her Niece, she has that right even if it seems irrational. I am not going to fault someone for defending a family member. If she didn't say anything or was like "eh, whatever." that would be crappy of Lu. Lu is allowed to show loyalty to her IMO.

What is Nicole's side? I'm not trying to be flippant, but what we saw from LuAnn when Carole pulled her aside at the party in last week's episode and what LuAnn (and her ghost tweeter) have been doing on Twitter over the past two weeks are world's apart. Like, if this kind of vitriol happened on the show, I could understand where claims of fierce loyalty were coming from. However, since LuAnn had been friendly with Carole during taping as well as literally up until two weeks ago, I'm having a hard time seeing what this new "side" is for LuAnn to take.

• Love 4
(edited)

That may be true, but it is an exception that even Luann has utilized with Sonja and Harry. So, Luann just needs to zip it.

Luanne's a snake so what does that prove? I'm talking about real people in the real world. Anyway, as far as I could tell, the Harry, Sonja thing was all bullshit.

Apparently, everyone gets an exception when it comes to the dating rule, except Carole. That's her exception.

Not by me or by people who are loyal and care about other's feelings. Of course there are always exceptions, but my girl code says it's just best not to go there.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 7

Luanne's a snake so what does that prove?

This^^^^^^ right here is why I question LuAnn's new found outrage against Carole! LuAnn would never play nice during filming if she really believed Carole hurt her niece, never! This "outrage" is nothing more than an attempt to keep her apple this season after it was removed last season. She has more HW's to compete against this season to secure next seasons apple and she is using a death grip now IMO.

• Love 2

I think Adam might care if Harry stood in between him and the camera.  Sleep with Carole?  Not so much ...

Well, if Adam doesn't care about Carole, then LuAnn and Nicole *really* look like crazy bitches.

• Love 2

LuAnn would never play nice during filming if she really believed Carole hurt her niece, never! This "outrage" is nothing more than an attempt to keep her apple this season after it was removed last season.

This is the core for Luann, imo:

"I knew all about this before Carole actually came to me and told me herself. Of course, my niece had filled me in, because she was very upset. How would you react to hearing about someone you’d broken up with and still care about having a fling with your aunt’s 50-something-year-old friend? It was pretty “scandalous” amongst the group, which is why Heather and Kristen--Carole’s dearest pals--reacted the way they did. They all knew it was taboo at the very least. Look, I understand 20-somethings are nice to have around, I have 20-year-old children! The larger issue is this: This guy was my niece’s ex-boyfriend, and they were still “seeing each other,” probably unknown to Carole. She recklessly put me in a very awkward position with my family! And you watched her say it this episode: She didn’t care! Not about my niece, not about me and what I faced with my family."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-the-whole-situation-is

I think the moment Carole publicly called Luann (and her niece, by implication) liars about Nicole still seeing Adam,  it was throwdown time for the Countess vs. the Princess. 

• Love 6

This is the core for Luann, imo:

"I knew all about this before Carole actually came to me and told me herself. Of course, my niece had filled me in, because she was very upset. How would you react to hearing about someone you’d broken up with and still care about having a fling with your aunt’s 50-something-year-old friend? It was pretty “scandalous” amongst the group, which is why Heather and Kristen--Carole’s dearest pals--reacted the way they did. They all knew it was taboo at the very least. Look, I understand 20-somethings are nice to have around, I have 20-year-old children! The larger issue is this: This guy was my niece’s ex-boyfriend, and they were still “seeing each other,” probably unknown to Carole. She recklessly put me in a very awkward position with my family! And you watched her say it this episode: She didn’t care! Not about my niece, not about me and what I faced with my family."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-the-whole-situation-is

I think the moment Carole publicly called Luann (and her niece, by implication) liars about Nicole still seeing Adam,  it was throwdown time for the Countess vs. the Princess. 

Not buying it. Not buying LuAnn's sudden outrage after months of filming and well after the cameras left.  It is also possible that LuAnn is the one lying, that Nicole and Adam were no longer a couple, no longer dating but LuAnn saw this as a way to keep her apple. IMO, if LuAnn is fine with Carole throughout this season, I call BS on this outrage from LuAnn towards Carole.

• Love 3
(edited)
The larger issue is this: This guy was my niece’s ex-boyfriend, and they were still “seeing each other,” probably unknown to Carole.

How old is Carole? Fifty-something?  She really ought to know better than to just automatically buy into anything this Adam person is telling her.  He has a lot of motivation to be less than honest.  Of course he is going to say he has nothing going on with Nicole. To tell her otherwise would stand in the way of him getting what he wants.  Duh. 

If Carole had not chose to sneak around and instead had just brought it up with Luann right at the start, Luann might have been able to clue her in and all this drama could have been avoided.  And yes, since Carole was the one contemplating breaking a certain social taboo about dating the ex of someone in your circle, it absolutely behooves her to try and determine if the path is really as clear as her boytoy is telling her it is, in my opinion. 

That is of course assuming Carole would give a damn at all.  I don't take for granted that she would. 

Well, if Adam doesn't care about Carole, then LuAnn and Nicole *really* look like crazy bitches.

Why should they care how Adam feels about Carole??  Luann's anger at Carole is based on Carole's behavior.   How Adam feels about Carole has nothing to do with it. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
(edited)

Not buying it. Not buying LuAnn's sudden outrage after months of filming and well after the cameras left.  

But (lies aside, on whichever /or both sides) Carole's only accused Luann (and by implication, Nicole) of lying in the last two weeks, so it fits the timeline of Luann being okay/then going Defcon perfectly. I think that accusation (and pretending to not know Nicole) really pissed Luann off.  And ultimately (whatever the backstory) as they dig in deeper and deeper, Carole's protecting some guy she's fucking (not engaged or married or committed to) and Luann is protecting a niece who (whatever the many deep flaws Luann has) she clearly loves. In a family vs fucktoy showdown, I know who I'd bet on in, and it ain't the doodz-love-puking-girls! fifty-something hipster.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
(edited)

Why should they care how Adam feels about Carole?? Luann's anger at Carole is based on Carole's behavior. How Adam feels about Carole has nothing to do with it.

The point is what Adam would be doing to Nicole (and apparently LuAnn by proxy). If Adam is using Carole for nothing but camera time and therefore callously breaking Nicole's heart in the meantime, that makes *him* the biggest asshole. Why hasn't LuAnn directed any public venom his way? Edited by shoegal
  • Love 6

It's actually flip-flopped. LuAnn went DEFCON 1 after the episode from two weeks ago so then Carole called her out for lying. I think that's an important detail to note.

• Love 2

It's actually flip-flopped. LuAnn went DEFCON 1 after the episode from two weeks ago so then Carole called her out for lying. I think that's an important detail to note.

ITA, it is VERY IMPORTANT! Break down the timeline and nothing about LuAnn's outrage makes sense, except holding onto her apple!

• Love 2

OK, I only saw a few Sonja dresses on the link posted earlier, but did everyone see this AND look at everything on Sonja's site?

http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/

There are some great things on there.  I love the jewelry.  But the thought of anyone pre-ordering some $3,500 piece is pretty laughable.  Still think Sonja is a con-artist & a loon, but if she had anything to do with picking everything or even anything on that site, she has nice taste.

• Love 1
LuAnn would never play nice during filming if she really believed Carole hurt her niece, never! This "outrage" is nothing more than an attempt to keep her apple this season after it was removed last season. She has more HW's to compete against this season to secure next seasons apple and she is using a death grip now IMO.

Luann is certainly not above digging her claws into that apple and holding on for dear life.  But it's not impossible that she saw something on the show or read something in a blog (or even on twitter) that really inflamed her mood.

I just sat through the Atlanta reunion and Kandi admitted she was really bothered with hearing Phaedra talk about her to Nene on the show and it set their friendship back when she thought things were okay between them. They are now on the outs over it.  And Cynthia said just when she thought she and Nene were in a good place, she turned around and read some blog of Nene's that upset her and they never recovered from that.

So it is clearly possible for a housewife to think things are okay between her and someone else, then watch the show or read something someplace that changes her feelings about a person.  It could have happened between Luann and Carole.

I am already looking forward to the reunion where hopefully they will explain who knew what and when and why things hit the fan after it appeared everything was okay.

• Love 4

OK, I only saw a few Sonja dresses on the link posted earlier, but did everyone see this AND look at everything on Sonja's site?

There are some great things on there.  I love the jewelry.  But the thought of anyone pre-ordering some $3,500 piece is pretty laughable.  Still think Sonja is a con-artist & a loon, but if she had anything to do with picking everything or even anything on that site, she has nice taste.

Did you notice the first pendant, the heart pendant? It looks as if they intentionally cropped off a pearl drop at the base of the heart!. LOL I then have to wonder if she just took different pieces of jewelry she owns or likes and used photos of them as "her" jewelry line, they are nice but they are run of the mill jewelry designs IMO.

• Love 2
Did you notice the first pendant, the heart pendant?

No, I didn't catch that.  Hilarious!  Think the whole site is just a phony baloney fake-out?  This is Sonja we're talkin' about here, so it wouldn't exactly be surprising.

• Love 1

Luann is certainly not above digging her claws into that apple and holding on for dear life.  But it's not impossible that she saw something on the show or read something in a blog (or even on twitter) that really inflamed her mood.

I just sat through the Atlanta reunion and Kandi admitted she was really bothered with hearing Phaedra talk about her to Nene on the show and it set their friendship back when she thought things were okay between them. They are now on the outs over it.  And Cynthia said just when she thought she and Nene were in a good place, she turned around and read some blog of Nene's that upset her and they never recovered from that.

So it is clearly possible for a housewife to think things are okay between her and someone else, then watch the show or read something someplace that changes her feelings about a person.  It could have happened between Luann and Carole.

I am already looking forward to the reunion where hopefully they will explain who knew what and when and why things hit the fan after it appeared everything was okay.

Of course anything is possible but IMO, all of the HW's know not to trust what is said in the THs because no one ever hears what the question was to elicit a specific answer nor if it was a complete answer to that given question. They all know the THs can be very misleading and even what we see during the rest of the show is edited beyond belief and does not always make sense. To be fine with her 80 -90 % of the season then again for weeks/months after filming ends says it a power play to keep her apple IMO.

As for the Atlanta group, I have no doubt that the viewer feedback Cynthia got was the reason she dumped Nene as a friend, with Peter pushing her in that direction as well. Both of them saw Kenya take control of that show and she, Cynthia, needs to be part of the dominate group and Nene is no longer top dog there. Kandi blows with the viewer wind as well, so I put no stock in her "hurt" feelings either, she is the most media savvy of all the Atl. women.

I think LuAnn saw the viewer reactions to Carole on the bike ride, the billiards date scene and her TH, and ran with it. Nothing Carole said or did on last weeks show earned the outrage LuAnn has leveled against Carole, nothing IMO. Now, if Carole had gotten nasty to LuAnn on last weeks show, that would be different but she did not and all was fine between them the rest of the season according to both of them, so this attack makes no sense other than LuAnn holding onto her apple with all she's got!

No, I didn't catch that.  Hilarious!  Think the whole site is just a phony baloney fake-out?  This is Sonja we're talkin' about here, so it wouldn't exactly be surprising.

I would not put it past, nor would I be surprised to hear Sonja say somewhere in the near future that she was taken advantage again!

• Love 2
(edited)

I disagree she went defcon at that point; snarky, tart, bitchy, yes -- but she pulled her major punches (frex, she hinted at Carole that Carole knew exactly who the party was in question re: Adam dating). Luann went Defcon later -- all the versions of  "You slept with the man who was still seeing my niece!' being hardcore hardball, imo.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1

ITA, it is VERY IMPORTANT! Break down the timeline and nothing about LuAnn's outrage makes sense, except holding onto her apple!

Wait, there is one possible potential explanation for LuAnn's outrage in relation to the timeline (nothing, nothing all season, all is well, filming wraps, wait a hot minute, then "boom!" from LuAnn).

Lu may have allowed Carole to "borrow" her chef for the season, as a favor to Carole and the ex-BF, so that Carole could have a storyline, and Adam could get some publicity. By generating attention for Adam vis a vis Carole, LuAnn may have felt she could control the situation (reporting to the niece that everything is just for the cameras, and to keep Adam close). Who knows what LuAnn may have gotten from Carole in return? Maybe a Naeem Khan dress. Or a, "Girl, you seriously owe me one!" Or maybe it was just the aforementioned control LuAnn felt she could exert over Adam's dating life (better if he's busy fake-humping the enemy that I know, rather than real-humping the enemy I don't).

Then the season wrapped. Maybe when LuAnn posed in that picture with Carole in early April, she was under the impression that Carole and Adam ended things, or that there had been nothing real there to end. Nicole and Adam could go down to Nicaragua to plant seedlings and reunite in their love for one another, with Aunt Lu's 52 y/o friend an irrelevant character of the past.

Except she wasn't. Carole and Adam turned out to be real. Or 'real.' Either way, making things really sloppy with Lu's family, and LuAnn may be furious that Carole crossed LuAnn in front of her eyes.

If any of this hypothesis is true, the hardest part for us viewers is that it will never come out. Not officially anyway. If anyone saw last night's RHOA reunion, Andy shut Cynthia down real quick when she mentioned some of the husbands agreeing to re-hash something in a scene together. If any of it's at all true, it'll probably come to light in little doses, sort of like Adrienne's secret surrogacy on RHBH. Even if the details aren't the way I imagine them, it makes more sense to me that LuAnn is incensed about a barter gone wrong, rather than a desperate Apple-grab. If all LuAnn wants is to keep her Apple, there are much smarter ways than going about it than this.

• Love 1

This^^^^^^ right here is why I question LuAnn's new found outrage against Carole! LuAnn would never play nice during filming if she really believed Carole hurt her niece, never! This "outrage" is nothing more than an attempt to keep her apple this season after it was removed last season. She has more HW's to compete against this season to secure next seasons apple and she is using a death grip now IMO.

Wait, wait, wait....I read this and something just clicked with me. LuAnn is doing this so they have something to fight about at the reunion! They haven't filmed it yet, have they? I have always liked LuAnn, yes she was way over the top with her countess BS in earlier seasons but I still liked her. But I like Jill Z too so what do I know. :) However, I was thinking she had done lost her damn mind on twitter. First with the Heather stuff and then with the Carole fight I didn't know what the heck she thinking. But I think it stands to reason she is getting into this so that at the reunion she is not just sitting back with nothing much to say. Totally agree she is hanging onto that apple with a death grip so she doesn't lose it again.

• Love 2

What is Nicole's side? I'm not trying to be flippant, but what we saw from LuAnn when Carole pulled her aside at the party in last week's episode and what LuAnn (and her ghost tweeter) have been doing on Twitter over the past two weeks are world's apart. Like, if this kind of vitriol happened on the show, I could understand where claims of fierce loyalty were coming from. However, since LuAnn had been friendly with Carole during taping as well as literally up until two weeks ago, I'm having a hard time seeing what this new "side" is for LuAnn to take.

TBH- I am not up to date on twitter wars between the two. If her Niece was hurt or embarrassed or whatnot by this and Luan backs her up, whatever. I don't care that much. I do wonder though if Carol had just mentioned casually that she saw him after their first date if it would of blown up like this. I don't think it had to be a take her out to lunch sit down face to face conversation. In normal real life situations it might not be as big a deal, but this was more public. I don't like her much, but I don't care about the age difference there. They seem to enjoy each others company. She does not seem to treat him like an accessory.  I am more creeped out by Sonja's relationship.

DEAR GOD PLEASE YES.

NICOLE: Hey, Carole!

CAROLE: I'm sorry, do I know you?

NICOLE: It's me, Nicole.

CAROLE:  Nicole..wait, are you one of the catering staff? Could you get me some of those yummy gummys, so I can puke all over the nearest young man under thirty? MEN LOVE THAT IN A FIFTY SOMETHING GIRL!

NICOLE: No, I'm--

CAROLE: Wait, I know who you are!  You're a loser at a party -- desperate to compliment me about "What Remains", who I then impatiently rebuff in an attempt to look both pained and somehow serving down-to-earth realness -- I did that storyline already with Aviva!

NICOLE: No, it's just me, Nicole -- hey, are you okay? Heat stroke or something affecting your memory?

CAROLE: Nicole....NICOLE.....

NICOLE: Nicole Nadeau! We move in all the same circles -- I was even on a Bravo reality show -- "Work of Art ", the one Andy Cohen's best bud, Sarah Jessica Parker, produced? 

CAROLE: Sarah.....Sarah....Sarah?

NICOLE: She dated JFK Jr. and did a tv show based on your friend Candace Bushnell's books,  and -- oh, never mind -- I'm Aunt Lu's niece? We hung out at Aunt Lu's house? You're dating my ex -- the one I text and have dinner with all the time and am taking a trip with soon? You came to my art opening, we hung out at the A.C.E. Benefit together, had lunch a few times? Remember me talking about him?

CAROLE: NOT RINGING A BELL! I NEVER MET YOU! 

NICOLE: Okay..here are photos of us together -- does that help?

CAROLE: I CONCEDE I MET YOU BARELY THREE TIMES IN NEARLY HAVE A DECADE!

NICOLE: Actually,  more often than that -- but whatever -- can I get you some meds or something?

CAROLE: What I need is to immediately change my hair into pigtails! And put on red cowboy boots and a purple lace slip and a chunky bracelet too big for my widdle wrist and ride around on bicycle handles kicking my feet like a darling child full of life -- yet somehow also savvy-smart like a latter-day Dot Parker --PLUS I NEED A DAISY IN MY LEFT PIGTAIL AND A LOLLIPOP TO SUCK ON AND I'M SENDING A LETTER TO DADDY-- CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THAT, GIRL?

IN. LOVE. WITH. THIS. POST...LAUGHING. SO. HARD... CAN'T. BREATH!

• Love 5
(edited)
Look, I understand 20-somethings are nice to have around, I have 20-year-old children!

Oh, come on. Adam isn't some college student on par with Noel and Victoria - he's probably 30 by now. And LuAnn's statement should have read:

Look, I understand 20-somethings are nice to have around, I took one with me into the powder room at Beautique!

She really ought to know better than to just automatically buy into anything this Adam person is telling her.

Well, just to play Devil's Advocate…when you meet someone and start to get to know them, don't you usually take them at face value when they share things about themselves? It's usually only after talking to them for a while that you might start to see cracks in their narrative (like, "I went to Harvard" is really "I attended for a year and flunked out"), or things not adding up. If I met a guy and he told me "I was involved with someone and it's over, but we're still friends" I wouldn't interrogate him about it. I might smile and kid, "friends or "friends with benefits?"" but that's it. Maybe I'm naive but I don't automatically assume that I'm being played every time I meet someone new. 

Was Carole really supposed to say "You know, I like you too but I'd better check with LuAnn's niece to get the scoop on whether you guys are done"? As a HW would say - who does that?

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 8

What I don't understand is why Carole can't recognize that dating the help (not a view I hold) so to speak changes the dynamic within the group.  It may not be something she agrees with but I she should acknowledge that the circumstances are uncomfortable to LuAnn.  She had the same issue on the girls' trip when she had her boyfriend come along and invited Reid to accompany Aviva. I guess she was trying to be a good hostess then she, Aviva and the men sat around cracking wise about the other women. The dynamic changes when there are exceptions made and a storyline that has been played out over and over on this franchise.  I do think it is an agree to disagree thing between the two of them but these to have taken it to another level with the tweets and Carole revealing LuAnn sleeps with married men.  I am a little tired of the cougar storyline but I guess Andy Cohen thinks the whole world is or wants to sleep with twenty-somethings.

Amen to this! The 'cougar' storylines are just another tactic put out there by Bravo and Andy Cohen to titillate women that watch this show. I'm pretty certain that the majority of the followers of thise show are women over 40 years old and Bravo feels these viewers get some sort of 'thrillication' (thrill/satisfaction) watching Carole or LuAnn have attractive 20-something year olds hounding them because they're sexually attractive. At that age, it is for sex and nothing deeper since that's the primary objective for any single young men with a healthy libido. There's a lot of horny men that would never be dumb enough to turn down an offer from a rich, attractive, middle-aged woman who is throwing herself at him sexually. (hey old lady, if you want to f**k I'm here, ready and willing to accommodate you)

While I like her jewelry and clothes...she has really lost her mind.  Affordable luxury? For who? 

If I wanted diamond jewelry I would go to a jeweler and buy it not pre-order from a questionable source.  Does she offer an authentication certificate with those baubles?

I was embarrassed for Ramona when she was doing her push ups, that was a real "look at me" moment but she did them effortlessly! Ramona was right in wondering why Sonja did not say hello to her when she arrived, Sonja just organized a weekend in AC for the woman and won't even say hi?

• Love 1
(edited)
While I like her jewelry and clothes...she has really lost her mind.  Affordable luxury? For who?

It's not affordable luxury -- at all.  Sheesh, that's such a tired term. which has been used for decades.  I think Bethenny said "accessible luxury", which I've never heard before, but is the same concept.  To me, lookin' over Sonja's site, her stuff is for rich people.  If Sonja, the con-artist, thinks she can reel in some rich suckers who'd pre-pay for her stuff, good luck to her.  I wonder if one of her interns merely cut & pasted those pics of jewelry pieces (on her site) from elsewhere.  Probably.

The 'cougar' storylines are just another tactic put out there by Bravo and Andy Cohen to titillate women that watch this show.

OK, I get that the daytime soaps are over-run with cougar storylines & have been for decades, but wow, Satan Andy is just going nuts with the cougar crapola, eh?  Do women really wanna see this?  And are 50+ women everywhere thrilled with the message Satan Andy is putting out with this shit, that all they wanna do is chase after dudes under 30?  I think it's misogynist, misleading & hateful of Satan Andy to do.  But maybe that's just silly ole me.

I know, I know, these fools represent nobody but themselves, but the show seems to have been really overtaken with the cougar theme.  Enough already.  Move on, Satan Andy.  Move the fuck on.  My hunch is, that it's actually Satan Andy, with his well-known taste for the young, young, young ones, who is actually the cougar lady.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

The cougar theme is boring.  I'm 47 so I suppose I'm Andy's demographic for it, but I find it so boring and distasteful on this show.  All this Carole-Adam-Nicole-LuAnn talk sounds like high school to me, the stupid part of high school.

• Love 7

It's not affordable luxury -- at all.  Sheesh, that's such a tired term. which has been used for decades.  I think Bethenny said "accessible luxury", which I've never heard before, but is the same concept.  To me, lookin' over Sonja's site, her stuff is for rich people.  If Sonja, the con-artist, thinks she can reel in some rich suckers who'd pre-pay for her stuff, good luck to her.  I wonder if one of her interns merely cut & pasted those pics of jewelry pieces (on her site) from elsewhere.  Probably.

While I thought most of the stuff was beautiful, It better be extremely well made to cost so much. Most designs were very classic looking and you can probably fid similar items at any Macy's, where you can actually try it on. But I'm not an expert so......

I totally get that LuAnn loves her niece and doesn't want to see her hurt, I just have to say though that taking her nieces side against Carole isn't a good look IMO. Jealous ex lover doesn't look good on anyone, not even when you are doing it out of family loyalty.

Attacking Carole for dating Adam just makes LuAnn- and her niece-look like jealous bitches IMO. Carole is not the reason that Nicole and Adam are no longer together. I think LuAnn would better serve her niece by helping her to understand that when a man really wants to be with you, he will, and when he doesn't, it's not worth your time. Grow up, move on and find someone who does want to be with you.

Perhaps she was hesitant to tell LuAnn because she wanted to protect her developing relationship and thought LuAnn might turn catty bitch and try to sabatoge. I think maybe that instinct was right.

I don't necessarily, think your wrong. I am trying to look at this objectively. I have a very good friend who I know takes some things more personally than I do. I consider that when I do or say things because I know its important to her. I do think Carole knew that it would bother her. If Carole were to just take a minute to let her know whats going on, its not her problem how Luan reacts to that. I also think Carol could of said something like "I'm sorry, if I hurt your feelings, blah, blah blah." If she valued the relationship at all. If Luan valued the relationship she would not be so hard on her. I don't think they were good friends to begin with. They both have good points, and are both wrong in some aspects. 

I don't necessarily, think your wrong. I am trying to look at this objectively. I have a very good friend who I know takes some things more personally than I do. I consider that when I do or say things because I know its important to her. I do think Carole knew that it would bother her. If Carole were to just take a minute to let her know whats going on, its not her problem how Luan reacts to that. I also think Carol could of said something like "I'm sorry, if I hurt your feelings, blah, blah blah." If she valued the relationship at all. If Luan valued the relationship she would not be so hard on her. I don't think they were good friends to begin with. They both have good points, and are both wrong in some aspects. 

For me, the issue is timing. Everything you say is true. If Carol had been up front in the beginning, yes it would have been a better more mature look for her. But, I seriously doubt that it would have changed anything. Mainly, because after discussing it with Lu during filming, everything seemed to be fine. Otherwise, there would have been something about this feud in the media during filming. Instead, Luann and Carol were seen hanging out together and going to each other events. That was the case up until about 2-3 weeks ago. So, this feud, to me, really has nothing to do with Carol dating Adam or Adam having dated Luann's niece. All of that seems to be a straw man for an issue that was essentially moot until Luann started blasting Carol on Twitter. 

I know, I know, these fools represent nobody but themselves, but the show seems to have been really overtaken with the cougar theme.

I'm kind of enjoying Ramona getting her groove back after what she's been dealing with, maybe because it's a novelty. A few seasons ago Sonja said something like "I knew Ramona when she was single. Trust me, no one wants to see Ramona single again." (It might have been about the fortune teller bit in Morocco.) But so far, Ramona doesn't seem out of control or overly maudlin. 

The episode with Beautique was fun but I agree - I hope the show doesn't keep going back to that particular trough.

Re: Sonja

This was on the today show this weekend. Reese Witherspoon has a new "lifestyle brand". Sonja should take notes. Reese actually has physical samples and is opening her own retail store.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/reese-witherspoon-launches-southern-inspired-clothing-lifestyle-line/story?id=30946510

Re: Sonja

This was on the today show this weekend. Reese Witherspoon has a new "lifestyle brand". Sonja should take notes. Reese actually has physical samples and is opening her own retail store.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/reese-witherspoon-launches-southern-inspired-clothing-lifestyle-line/story?id=30946510

Ramona was right in wondering why Sonja did not say hello to her when she arrived, Sonja just organized a weekend in AC for the woman and won't even say hi?

The whole thing was so silly and weird. I, honestly, do not believe Sonja meant to slight Ramona. Sonja is very flighty and does not seem to be "all there" this season. For several seasons, actually. Remember how, once hello-gate was addressed, Sonja was trying to reenact it by standing at the bar - exactly where Ramona had been standing. It's so petty, and doesn't really matter, but she is clearly delusional, because that is not how it went down. What I think happened is that Sonja breezed in, was making the rounds, truly didn't notice Ramona, became sidetracked....and then later somehow, in her addled mind, thought Ramona had snubbed HER. Then both of them were avoiding each other, thinking the other was the rude one, and refusing to make the first move. Again, silly. Normal adults would just go up to each other and ask, "Did you mean to ignore me when you came in?" and hash it out from there. 

• Love 2