Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Mind Your Own Business

• Start Topic

Wow, Beth was actually kind of nice to Sonja. Only one obnoxious reaction in a TH.

I'm going to refer to her as Beth from now on, now that I know she doesn't like to be called Beth.

Did Beth dissolve "Bethenny Bakes"?

Sonja's daughter is going to love hearing the swallowing discussion.

• Love 8

Wow, Beth was actually kind of nice to Sonja. Only one obnoxious reaction in a TH.

I'm going to refer to her as Beth from now on, now that I know she doesn't like to be called Beth.

Did Beth dissolve "Bethenny Bakes"?

Sonja's daughter is going to love hearing the swallowing discussion.

Waaay back when over on twop someone posted a link to Beth's new SG name filings for different products. Everything you could think of for Skinny Girl, which now for the most part has happened and met the outlet tables but for popcorn and soft drink mixes, was listed. There was also some kind of notice to drop Beth Bakes name that I just made note of but didn't really pay attention to so I think she maybe legally let go of the name.

• Love 1

I just remember a fascinating exchange between Bethenny and the group scamming Sonja with her clothing line.

The players:

2 twenty something's in charge of the designs

Bankrupt Sonja

Millionaire Bethenny

20s - we'll have these by tomorrow

B - that's pretty aggressive isn't it?

20s - what do you know? Have you ever brought a sportswear line to market? (This was said with such acrimony and venom that I assume they were fleecing the lovely Sonja out of her last threadbare Persian rug.)

So I guess pissing off 100 million dollars was a good move? It was very interesting.

• Love 4
(edited)

Thank you both!

I'll check StoopidHousewives. I want to see the scene with Sonja's clothing line. Quinn's description of the cast of characters cracked me up.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Was the scene with the designers in the "coming up" peek? I don't think it was part of the actual episode we saw, which was just the lunch if I'm remembering correctly. Bethenny was very kinds Sonja especially considering Sonja started rambling about her " international lifestyle brand." Bethenny tried to focus her and get her to understand that she's got to commit to one thing. B is still doing that rapid fire questioning thing but I really liked her in this First Look.

• Love 3

I think they showed three segments during The First Look. Beth tried to get Sonja to focus on one product. Sonja seemed surprised and grateful that Beth was being fairly supportive.

LuAnn and Dorinda met for pedicures. D remarked on how aggressively Beth reacts and how Heather is a strong personality.

Carole told Kristin that she's been spending time with Adam but hasn't told LuAnn yet. I think LuAnn invited Carole to attend something at her home-- Adam will be cooking. Carole hasn't RSVPd yet.

I might be able to add more later. I think it is still on my DVR.

• Love 2

Was the scene with the designers in the "coming up" peek? I don't think it was part of the actual episode we saw, which was just the lunch if I'm remembering correctly. Bethenny was very kinds Sonja especially considering Sonja started rambling about her " international lifestyle brand." Bethenny tried to focus her and get her to understand that she's got to commit to one thing. B is still doing that rapid fire questioning thing but I really liked her in this First Look.

Here it is..... http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-705/videos?clip=2862296

Bethenny has a WTF look on pretty much the entire time! LOL

• Love 3

Here it is..... http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-705/videos?clip=2862296

Bethenny has a WTF look on pretty much the entire time! LOL

Thank you.  I couldn't find it on StoopidHousewives.  I usually don't have a problem searching for something but that site makes me feel "stoopid."    I kept pulling up really old clips and articles.

This next episode looks like a lot of fun.  Bethenny was on fire with her questions and TH and it looks like Sonja is in over her head again.

(edited)

Thank you.  I couldn't find it on StoopidHousewives.  I usually don't have a problem searching for something but that site makes me feel "stoopid."    I kept pulling up really old clips and articles.

This next episode looks like a lot of fun.  Bethenny was on fire with her questions and TH and it looks like Sonja is in over her head again.

I had to laugh when someone on Sonja's team told Bethenny they would have the clothes in stores this spring..........you can't even order them on her website! LOL Every single piece she lists/shows as "Coming Soon", not even the sizes or prices are listed and no date to be able to order them is given! LOL I will give her team credit, they at least had samples for the fashion show runway and photos but that is it. This clothing line looks like it will end up just like her toaster oven....nowhere! Here is her web site..... http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/

Did you see the first video, this one.... http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-705/videos?clip=2862218

This type of behavior makes me wonder if the rumors about Sonja and Mario sleeping with each other are true!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1
(edited)

Did you see the first video, this one.... http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-705/videos?clip=2862218

This type of behavior makes me wonder if the rumors about Sonja and Mario sleeping with each other are true!

I didn't know about those rumors.   It took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to in that clip but I finally got it.  I'm just a little slow tonight.  Who would grind up against someone else's boyfriend like that??  Wait............I know the answer.  Sonja Morgan!   :)

Dorinda treated John ???  horribly in the restaurant so I'm still undecided about her.   He's no prize either.  First we saw him at that pick up joint and now he's getting way too chummy with Sonja (and was that Kristen behind him?). 

ETA:  It looks like I'm really going to enjoy RHONY this season.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

So B thought she could wrangle Sonja to task just like that (finger snap).  Guess she's not better than Heather or Ramona or josh or anyone else that tried to get Sonja to focus.

B's hair looked ratty at the lunch. Not sure what's going on but between the sunken eyes and the teased ratty hair, it wasn't a good look.

Carole didn't look much better when she showed up (late) for drinks with Kristen.  Her face is like skin over bone.  She really has a bad profile.  Whatever work she is doing, she should just stop and put a little fat in her face.

Lu's legs were all banged up.  And what is with Dorinda saying that Lu and her had similar lives?  Was Dorinda a model?  A game show hostess in Italy?  I think Dorinda is most like Ramona than anyone else.

• Love 3
(edited)

I had to laugh when someone on Sonja's team told Bethenny they would have the clothes in stores this spring..........you can't even order them on her website! LOL Every single piece she lists/shows as "Coming Soon", not even the sizes or prices are listed and no date to be able to order them is given! LOL I will give her team credit, they at least had samples for the fashion show runway and photos but that is it. This clothing line looks like it will end up just like her toaster oven....nowhere! Here is her web site..... http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/

This type of behavior makes me wonder if the rumors about Sonja and Mario sleeping with each other are true!

I always assumed Mario slept with Sonja. Somewhere a pic was posted and and their body language was umm intense. Ramona was in the pic and it looked like she was the third wheel. I also remember Sonja flipping out in Morroco, when the fortune teller was talking about another woman, just made me side eye Sonja.

While I think Lu's meltdown on Twitter over Carole and Adam is over the top and I don't care who Carole dates, (mostly because I don't really care about Carole.) she really did take her time telling Lu. If she didn't think her friend would care why go around telling everyone and saying she hadn't told Lu yet.

Just give your friend a call and say "I'm seeing your niece's ex, we really hit it off. I'm sorry if this is going to cause a problem." she doesn't have to stop seeing him, but a little heads up to Lu I'm sure would have been appreciated.

If Lu insisted that they not see each other, than that is another conversation.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

Re-watching the First Look.

Beth seems to get a kick out of Sonja because Sonja is just as vulgar as she is.

Sonja claims that the only reason she hasn't sold the home on the UES is because, once she does, everyone she owes money to will pounce.

Sonja can't articulate even in the simplest terms what she wants for her clothing line.

This is the scene in which S shares that she will swallow if her sex partner has a black card.

LuAnn tells Dorinda that she didn't invite D to ladies' night at Beautique because D supposedly had a boyfriend. D tells L that when they first started dating, she laid down the law with John, forbid him to continue spending so much time with his female friends. D thinks that she might be insecure with regard to relationships because of what she went through, when Richard died.

Dorinda's adjectives for Beth: different, harsh

Carole and Kristin are both wearing odd black and white outfits. Once again we are treated to hearing how Carole seems to try to get her RDA for certain vitamins through the fruits and/or vegetables that might have spent time near drinks she orders from bars.

• Love 1

Hmmm. I can't find it either, just those 2 short clips on Bravo. Nothing like the 3 part stuff that usually ends up being close to 15 mins. Anyone have a link? So curious, hate that they keep moving it

Bethenny has lunch with Sonja after having been warned about her questionable business aspirations. Meanwhile, Kristen has a photo shoot for her fashion blog; and Dorinda hosts a cocktail party, where Carole makes a confession and Sonja feels attacked.
20s - what do you know? Have you ever brought a sportswear line to market? (This was said with such acrimony and venom that I assume they were fleecing the lovely Sonja out of her last threadbare Persian rug.)

I just thought, oh, bless your heart...you're either an intern or this is your first job out of FIT and you think your deflection is an astute intimidation move!

Honestly, I'm amazed that anyone would want to do business with Sonja. Surely her little incident with Hannibal Pictures is well known (along with her quest for dismissal on a technicality - a misspelling), as is her dire financial situation. I can't see how Sonja's viewed as anything other than a joke. As for exposure, RHONY reaches relatively few eyeballs, as far as reality TV shows go.

Anyone who's watched a season of Project Runway knows how tight it is to come up with an entire collection for Fashion Week in a few months...and we're not even talking about manufacturing and retail. I'm thinking that Sonja's business plan is to light abundance candles.

• Love 9

Sonja's marketing director said that their distribution warehouse is a whooping 160 square feet

I agree with Bethenny - I have a feeling Sonja's going to get screwed.  And not in the way that she hopes.

That said, Sonja is good tv but I'm starting to feel like I'm watching her start to really unravel.

• Love 23
Kristen has a photo shoot for her fashion blog

Did she?  Did I blink and miss that?  She is so boring and her permanent "surprised" face is super annoying.

WTF was Ramona saying in that mini-scene during the commercial break?!  Something about having too much integrity to date a younger guy and that she didn't need him, she could just use her hand? What??  And he was standing right there?

I did laugh when Sonja was confronted about not inviting Luann and Heather to the "presentation" and tried to turn it around on Luann.  Luann saying, "because it's on the shopping network!"  was hilarious.  I do enjoy that she had fun with her little endeavors outside the show.

So Sonja is now claiming that she was some kind of jet-setting model?  Hm... she likes to tell tall tales, doesn't she?

• Love 10

Is it possible for Bethenny to just take over all of Sonja's businesses?  Bethenny can just berate Sonja's employees occasionally to make sure they're actually doing what they need to be doing.  It would probably be relaxing to Bethenny.  I hate watching segments that focus on Sonja's financial problems.  I just want someone to sweep in and save Sonja, and Bethenny is more available than a sugar daddy that doesn't mind losing a couple million dollars to be on television.

It's so weird that Sonja's boyfriend is practically a prop and just stands there, even when people are having conversations about him in front of him.

• Love 17

Bethenny and Sonja talking about swallowing. TMI! TMI! I think this is the closest we've seem Sonja's brand and people actually there, talking about it. I thought some of the people looked shady but there were at least pictures of clothes and stuff. She was on Miss Andy's show and apparently the clothes were still not available to buy. And Sonja owes 7 million dollars because she got sued. Where is she getting the money for her 'brand'?

I wish they would quit showing Dorinda's annoying daughter. She's playing it up for the cameras too much. And I thought Hannah had only met John a few times. How is she giving her mother all kinds of judgement and advise about him like she knows him so well?

I was giving this guy the benefit of the doubt because Dorinda was treating him like crap. But I'm going to call him shady too because he was getting too handy with Sonja and Kristen at the party.

Why does Lu have a problem with Carole dating her nieces ex? They broke up 'a long time ago'. Get a life Countless!

• Love 11
(edited)

I totally agree with Bethenny's assessment of Sonja's 'clothing line'. The whole thing is just bizarre. How the hell did Sonja get investors? Her marketing director and the CEO or whatever were quite snippy and defensive. Most fashion lines have their Spring/Summer collections designed and prototyped well in advance - some more than a year in advance. Though I do not like Bethenny, I will give her major props for making SG happen - she clearly has some business acumen and she could pass on some knowledge to help Sonja's brand.

Heather is annoying. Sonja didn't want you to come to her office because she knows you'd be overbearing and intrusive. Luann as well. I agree with Dorinda that the women are not genuinely concerned about Sonja.

I will give Kristen credit for her style. I quite enjoy it. She's up there with Luann for the best dressed in the entire HW series.

John is so gross. It's not appropriate to flirt with other women and it's certainly not okay to do that in front of your girlfriend! I feel like he's really disrespectful. I don't get what Dorinda sees in him - half the time it looks like it repulses her to kiss him.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 14

I'm not able to watch the episode just yet, but reading these tweets from Carole and LuAnn are cracking me up. LuAnn's ghost tweeter is really trying to earn his coins tonight. Carole called him out for tweeting for LuAnn, which is what I figured last week because the tweets were ridiculously vicious. There were also tweets that referred to LuAn in the third person. Either way, they don't speak well of Miss Class with the Countess.

• Love 9
Why does Lu have a problem with Carole dating her nieces ex? They broke up 'a long time ago'. Get a life Countless!

Well, she did say that Carole knew the niece and that they'd all talked about the ex at length together. I think Lu is bothered by the situation because of that particular ex - had it been another bf, I don't think she would be that bothered.

• Love 8

However, how many times did LuAnn and Harry do the do after she knew that he was Aviva's ex-husband, or after she knew that he and Sonja were dealing with each other? LuAnn's outrage is so selective and hypocritical, just like she is. She's very much the kind of "Do as I say and not as I do" type of person.

• Love 15

Fucking Heather.

My first post tonight was originally going to say, "STFU, Heather."  But I thought maybe no one would know what I was referring to.  I  was wrong. LOL

• Love 16

That was . . . odd. The narrative in this episode felt incoherent at moments so I wasn't paying full attention, but, brother, if there was ever an unnecessary point on which to plant one's sword, it would have to be starting shit with Sonja over showroom invitations . . . at her own party of all places. Heather has been talking about Sonja (stealthily but still discernibly) behind her back for the last several episodes and has vocalized her desire to keep Sonja at arm's length because of her volatility and general unraveling. Why, now, is it so unbelievable that Sonja didn't include LuAnn (with whom she had the disagreements last season about Harry) and Heather in her grand professional undertakings? The point at which Heather then piped in for Ramona ("she always changes the subject!") was just ridiculous. Sonja is demonstrably a mess, so what on earth is the logic behind inserting oneself into her craziness in order to berate her when it has never once yielded any results before now? It's just so confounding to me that almost all of these women clearly identify that there's no reasoning with Sonja when they're not around her and, then, when they try to jabber at her in person, they're surprised that she shuts down and ignores them . . . I don't feel strongly about Kristen one way or the other, but she usually manages to look dynamite in her makeup and clothing choices, the weird blog styling aside. Her pleated leather skirt was great. But why would you act all put out about a dude slapping your hip after you'd just been laughing merrily while backing it up into his crotch?

• Love 22

Heather is not an alpha female. Alpha females don't bully and tattle, and gossip. Ramona telling Kristen, that she won't hit on the young guy because she's deeper than Kristen was the best part of the episode. The Countess is fading in her coolness. I like Dorita, I think. Her daughter didn't seem to be playing to the cameras as much tonight.

That's the second time Kristen was felt up and then ran away acting shocked. I'm not buying it.

• Love 14

Heather is annoying. Sonja didn't want you to come to her office because she knows you'd be overbearing and intrusive. Luann as well. I agree with Dorinda that the women are not genuinely concerned about Sonja.

I usually like Heather, but she was way too pressed about not being invited to Sonja's meeting.  I don't get why'd she'd even be interested.  The last time she got involved with Sonja's shenanigans about that damn toaster oven, it was a colossal waste of time.  I'd like to think that Heather's busy, I don't know, actually doing shit and working to be concerned about whatever 'business' Sonja's added to her collection of ideas.

• Love 9

Ughhh Heather was so fucking annoying this episode.

Sonja might be a nuts who thinks she has some businesses going in her delusional mind but there is absolutely not a chance in hell that heather actually wants to see her do well, Heather dislikes Sonja immensely and she is within her right to do so, just own it and don't go about pretending that you care about her made up business because it is very clear that she does not.

I see a couple of you beat me to it, stfu Heather is exactly right.

• Love 10

I like Heather, but I really think she's deliberately shit-stirring wrt Bethenny.  She didn't need to tell Kristen all about B's reaction, and she seemed very pissed off about Sonja inviting Bethenny to her business showroom.  If Sonja had invited her instead, would Heather have even cared?

• Love 7

Sonja's marketing director said that their distribution warehouse is a whooping 160 square feet

I thought I had misheard the woman when she said that, so I'm glad you confirmed it for me. I assume she meant 160,000 square feet, or at least I hope so. That Sonja's own employees don't seem to know some of this basic information does not engender confidence. No wonder Bethenny was so concerned. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Heather and LuAnn don't care about Sonja's clothing line. They just want to witness the train wreck up close so they can snicker about it, later.

I hope Bethenny tears into Heather in AC. To borrow some 90s lingo, bitch needs to step off.

Wow. Sonja turns her back for two seconds and her gigolo starts chatting up another woman!

Kristin is pretty, but I don't see the point of her.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 13

I thought I had misheard the woman when she said that, so I'm glad you confirmed it for me. I assume she meant 160,000 square feet, or at least I hope so. That Sonja's own employees don't seem to know some of this basic information does not engender confidence. No wonder Bethenny was so concerned. 

I had to rewind to listen again. I'm sure the woman misquoted.  Beth was probably thinking that Byn's new closet is bigger than 160 sq ft.

• Love 7
(edited)

Why Heather and LuAnn couldn't see that Sonja invited Bethany because of her business savvy is beyond me. Geez, she made millions on her Skinny Girl brand. She knows her stuff when it comes to marketing a product.  That meeting was bizarre though.  Also, Dorinda's boyfriend's behavior is just plain gross. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 7

Yeah, I'm not getting the "why didn't you include me?" from Lu and Heather. I figure Sonja is too embarrassed about the past.

PLEASE! Person taking Kristen's pictures -- the vagina is an internal organ -- you are NOT going to see it while taking her photo!! (This bothers me to no end on TV.)

• Love 19
(edited)
That's the second time Kristen was felt up and then ran away acting shocked.

Why was she tolerating this & where in the fuckety fuck was Dickhead in the stupid hat, while his wife was being assaulted by that baboon?  I hated the end of this ep, where John was molesting both Sonja & Kristen.  Why can't you get it, Satan Andy, this is exactly the kind of misogynist shit we don't wanna see?

Interesting for me to see World Bar.  I used to live across the street from that place (which is in the Trump building) for years, but never had any interest in going there.  Not exactly a happening place.  I heard the drinks there are anywhere from 35 to 50 bucks a pop.

I agree with Bethenny - I have a feeling Sonja's going to get screwed.  And not in the way that she hopes.

The man & woman both seemed like cagey con artists, but the woman was really snotty.  Ah, but this is the Bethenny I like seeing.  She was asking smart questions.  Her wanting to see contracts was ridiculous, but I guess that's her sense of humor.  Whatever Bethenny said was right on the money.  If the point of this scene was to show off Bethenny seeing thru con artists, then that was OK by me.  But I'm getting very, very, very tired of Sonja's old delusional bullshit crap yet again.

I wonder if Satan Andy pulled some strings to get her a show during Fashion Week for the sake of a storyline for the show.  And yes, I did read she had a show during Fashion Week in February.  And here it is Spring & surprise, surprise -- no Sonja fashion line.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

I agree with Bethenny - I have a feeling Sonja's going to get screwed.  And not in the way that she hopes.

That said, Sonja is good tv but I'm starting to feel like I'm watching her start to really unravel.

He clothing line is still not available even on her own website! It seems she is all talk and nothing else IMO. Sad!

That was . . . odd. The narrative in this episode felt incoherent at moments so I wasn't paying full attention, but, brother, if there was ever an unnecessary point on which to plant one's sword, it would have to be starting shit with Sonja over showroom invitations . . . at her own party of all places. Heather has been talking about Sonja (stealthily but still discernibly) behind her back for the last several episodes and has vocalized her desire to keep Sonja at arm's length because of her volatility and general unraveling. Why, now, is it so unbelievable that Sonja didn't include LuAnn (with whom she had the disagreements last season about Harry) and Heather in her grand professional undertakings? The point at which Heather then piped in for Ramona ("she always changes the subject!") was just ridiculous. Sonja is demonstrably a mess, so what on earth is the logic behind inserting oneself into her craziness in order to berate her when it has never once yielded any results before now? It's just so confounding to me that almost all of these women clearly identify that there's no reasoning with Sonja when they're not around her and, then, when they try to jabber at her in person, they're surprised that she shuts down and ignores them . . . I don't feel strongly about Kristen one way or the other, but she usually manages to look dynamite in her makeup and clothing choices, the weird blog styling aside. Her pleated leather skirt was great. But why would you act all put out about a dude slapping your hip after you'd just been laughing merrily while backing it up into his crotch?

I like Heather but she was wrong to say anything to Sonja about this new endeavor other than Good luck, I wish you well and then happily step away knowing she was not sucked back into Sonja's delusional dreams/plans. As for Heather, LuAnn, Ramona and the others discussing Sonja or anyone for that matter, it is part and parcel to keeping their apple/job. LOL

• Love 2

Maybe we're all going deaf.  I thought she said 860 square feet.

• Love 4

Why Heather and LuAnn couldn't see that Sonja invited Bethany because of her business savvy is beyond me. Geez, she made millions on her Skinny Girl brand. She knows her stuff when it comes to marketing a product.  That meeting was bizarre though.  Also, Dorinda's boyfriend's behavior is just plain gross. 

Except that even Bethenny said that Heather was the one Sonja needed to seek advice from, not her. LOL Heather has been in the clothing business for a very long time and knows it front to back and back to front. I suspect Sonja did not seek out Heathers expertise because Heather would have realized right away her 'team" were cons then come right out and said that Sonja was/is being ripped off big time. Sonja does not want to hear the truth IMO.

• Love 19

I usually like Heather, but she was way too pressed about not being invited to Sonja's meeting.  I don't get why'd she'd even be interested.  The last time she got involved with Sonja's shenanigans about that damn toaster oven, it was a colossal waste of time.  I'd like to think that Heather's busy, I don't know, actually doing shit and working to be concerned about whatever 'business' Sonja's added to her collection of ideas.

What's funny is that it's Bethenny who should have been involved with the toaster oven (Beth is good at branding and product placement) and Heather who should have seen the clothing line.

I wasn't totally paying attention but my head was spinning by the end of Sonja's meeting.  What was there besides a (very nice) logo and some drawings on the wall?  Sonja's "team" who were all smiling and assurances.  The more they nodded and smiled, the more the feeling that Sonja is being taken to the cleaners (apologies John) came over me.

• Love 4
Why was she tolerating this & where in the fuckety fuck was Dickhead in the stupid hat, while his wife was being assaulted by that baboon? I hated the end of this ep, where John was molesting both Sonja & Kristen. Why can't you get it, Satan Andy, this is exactly the kind of misogynist shit.

Snip

I didn't see it as John molesting them, they were all in his package too. Kristen running away was the same move she made after she flirted with Georgie Boy and he grabbed her last year.

• Love 7

So Ramona, Kristen and Sonja's date are talking, Kristen tells Ramona she should try dating a nice, young guy, too, and Ramona says: "No, not for me. I need someone deeper." TO HIS FACE! The guy was standing right there! What is this trait called? Don't say lack of filter or drunk, cuz she definitely has those covered, but it's something else.

• Love 15