Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Mind Your Own Business

• Start Topic

Speaking as to why Luanne is upset now. It could have less to do with the act and more to do with Carole's general attitude about the act. When they filmed the episode Luanne knew Carole was seeing Adam. She obviously thought the relationship was distasteful in a number of levels, but wasn't completly upset. In real time Luanne has watched the episode (and possibly rough cuts with footage we don't see) and has seen Carole's somewhat dismissive and smirky attitude about the whole thing. From Luanne's perspective it may be less about Luanne dating Nicole's ex BF/former fuck buddy/current whatever and more about seeing the glee with which she leaped into it. It may seem silly because it doesn't change any of the facts about the situation, but Luanne may be more upset about feeling that Carole parlayed this situation into a story line for the show that paints Nicole as pathetic and Carole as too cool to care.

I can see that and think you could be on to something, however, I think the only thing that makes Nicole look pathetic is LuAnn's reaction. LuAnn took up the mantle of jealous, jilted ex lover on behalf of Nicole and ran with it. LuAnn would have been better to minimize Nicole's alleged hurt feelings in public, and even better if she'd played up a sloppy seconds angle. LuAnn gave Carole the edge by making Adam the prize to be won-and Carole is currently winning.

• Love 3

I can see that and think you could be on to something, however, I think the only thing that makes Nicole look pathetic is LuAnn's reaction. LuAnn took up the mantle of jealous, jilted ex lover on behalf of Nicole and ran with it. LuAnn would have been better to minimize Nicole's alleged hurt feelings in public, and even better if she'd played up a sloppy seconds angle. LuAnn gave Carole the edge by making Adam the prize to be won-and Carole is currently winning.

As much as I have found Carole to be turned up to 11 on the annoyance scale this season, I kinda agree with you. Had Luanne let it go, the Nicole angle of this probably wouldn't really be a thing. The situation would have remained embarrassing to Nicole, but on more of a personal level instead of public. But alas, Real Housewives are not known for their ability to sit back and let the universe make their point for them.

• Love 3

Speaking as to why Luanne is upset now. It could have less to do with the act and more to do with Carole's general attitude about the act. When they filmed the episode Luanne knew Carole was seeing Adam. She obviously thought the relationship was distasteful in a number of levels, but wasn't completly upset. In real time Luanne has watched the episode (and possibly rough cuts with footage we don't see) and has seen Carole's somewhat dismissive and smirky attitude about the whole thing. From Luanne's perspective it may be less about Luanne dating Nicole's ex BF/former fuck buddy/current whatever and more about seeing the glee with which she leaped into it. It may seem silly because it doesn't change any of the facts about the situation, but Luanne may be more upset about feeling that Carole parlayed this situation into a story line for the show that paints Nicole as pathetic and Carole as too cool to care.

The HW's see the same edited version that we see according to Alex (NY) and LuAnn is well aware the TH's are filmed near the end of filming or after filming is complete, as well as the fact that they are also edited big time. There is no way at this stage for LuAnn to know if Adam becomes Carole's storyline this season outside what she witnessed during filming so she would have been aware of that before the first episode aired yet all was well until the last 2 episodes. Where and when did Carole "paint" Nicole as "pathetic", I never got that impression from Carole at all.

(edited)

OMG, OMG! Exactly this. We see Luann drink it in and all that and it seemed fine but why is there always so much confusion about why new emotions develop once the show starts to air? I mean, it's easy to separate their filmed interactions with what they say in the TH's. The HW's know what they experienced and when the show airs its the fly on the wall perspective that opens up sooooooo much more. Luann now sees how Carole speaks about the situation to others. Her demeanor, how pleased she is with herself and she also see the talking heads where Carole is oh so gleeful about a sticky situation...?? I'm also guessing that as the filming went on the awkwardness didn't just dissipate completely. I believe that they were working around that detail in their "friendship" castmate situation but I don't believe for one minute that Luann was completely comfortable around the situation so the dismissive nature that Carole totes around like a spare overbite must have been grating. Now seeing Carole still be so "I'm too cool to care" approach ALONG with all the extra footage of her "he held my hair back, that's what guys like" nonsense (and mockery I might add) is really setting Lu off and honestly it's not at all confusing to me.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 2

Carole ain't winning any points from me. Just because Luann is engaging in this "war" doesn't hide the utter bitch that is Carole regarding this situation. No real back story is even necessary because Carole opted for the "too cool to care" route and that speaks volumes to me.  That alone (well that and her fugly overbitten, crypt keeper look) makes her an ugly person in my book... that I mostly definitely did not hire a ghost writer for. ;-) 

Other than the fact that none of this was an issue for Lu until a few weeks ago, do we actually know where Nicole stands on it?

Personally, I don't care where Adam's ex stands, as she's literally a non-player in the story because she's not on the show. Whatever the reasoning behind LuAnn's beef with Carole, it's still just that - LuAnn's beef.

• Love 3

The above statements are accurate in terms of what came out of Carole's mouth.  "Her niece is upset. I don't care. I didn't do anything wrong. He didn't do anything wrong."

To me it seems like a cut-and-dried, self-contained statement that speaks for itself regardless of what producer question led her to make it. 

New York society is pissed now they have to hide the help if Carole comes to visit.

• Love 2

I don't know if Adam had an agenda or not but whatever is going on, 3 weeks ago his Twitter and Instagram accounts had about 3 followers.  Since then, he's got thousands.  (4,912 on IG. 1,122 Twitter)

The layout of his Instagram and quality of pictures has improved tenfold. Slick. So he's getting more from the relationship than just emotional fulfillment, blowies and part time ownership of a really cute dog. 

Carole has really been promoting him in her twitter (I will post more about that in her thread). And as of last night she still had up references to her fight with Luann (she was having a go or two at random people who criticized her), but those seems gone today, as do some of her plugs for Adam.  It looks like Luann has not mentioned Carole in several days, though.  I doubt she has actually moved on or anything, though.  Maybe she is saving it up for Watch What Happens Live tonight ...

• Love 1
(edited)

The layout of his Instagram and quality of pictures has improved tenfold. Slick. So he's getting more from the relationship than just emotional fulfillment, blowies and part time ownership of a really cute dog. 

Doesn't he have full time ownership of Carole at the moment? Is she dating anybody else?

No wait, you used the word "cute."

They could go into business together and cater parties. Adam can cook and Radzi can open the cans for him and pop bottle caps with her chompers.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Personally, I don't care where Adam's ex stands, as she's literally a non-player in the story because she's not on the show. Whatever the reasoning behind LuAnn's beef with Carole, it's still just that - LuAnn's beef.

Exactly. When she comes on the show, then I will care. Until then, not so much. Just call me Carole.

If I were Nicole, I would be mortified by the way Lu is going on about this on Social Media. She is acting like Nicole was upset about this, which may or may not be true, but who wants to have that told to the whole world? Especially if she were wishing that they might get back together again and he fell for someone else? I would be humiliated and would ask her to stop. I actually wonder if that is what has happened. Lu has been much more quiet on Twitter this week, but I guess we shall see when she is on WWHL tonight how she really feels.

• Love 8

Lu has been much more quiet on Twitter this week, but I guess we shall see when she is on WWHL tonight how she really feels.

The only part of Lu being on WWHL that I am looking forward to are Carole's tweets in response to it.  I find her responses much more entertaining than Luann's enraged "how DARE you date the help" attitude.

• Love 4

The only reason I asked is because of all of the speculation that the two were still sleeping together or that she thought they were getting back together as the reasons for Luann's outrage. I don't believe either of those things and wanted to know where this speculation was coming from if Nicole has never spoken about any of this publicly. I get that she isn't a part of the story, but Luann has invoked her as part of the story.

• Love 3

I only wish that Carole was wearing her pigtail braids in the talking head where she refers to herself as a "girl".

Yes!  Perhaps she can pair them with a little baby doll dress, like she did while hiking in the Berkshires.  Cowboy boots optional.

• Love 5
(edited)

That would be the case if you believe that Heather was coming from a good place and not a self serving place. I do not believe that, however I do believe that:

1) If Sonja would have invited someone like Kristen, Heather wouldn't have cared or even made a big deal out of it

2) Heather wanted to highligh her business skills and has no desire of helping Sonja at all, if anything she wanted more food for her fooder.

3) The fact that Sonja invited Bethenny and not her irked her to no end because out of all the other women she thinks of Bethenny as her only competition.

So IMO if Heather wouldn't mock and slam Sonja at every turn and openly laugh at Sonja's delusions (which BTW she is entitled to because Sonja is delusional) I would be more inclined to believe that she cared a little bit about Sonja and she is coming from a place of concern. So far all I have seen Heather do is basically mock, slam, talked about her, repeteadly laugh at Sonja, so I do not believe that at this moment Heather had any interest in Sonja but rather just wanted to use Sonja to showcase herself.

Heather wants to pretend to care for Sonja but on the other hand she mocks her relentessly so I can totally understand why at that point in time Sonja didn't feel like inviting her. Sonja has given many reasons to others to believe that she is making many, many mistakes but at this point she also seems harmless so I think is in bad taste that Heather wants to pretend that she has good intentions when it is obvious to me that she has nothing but contempt for Sonja.

I would respect her more if she would just say that she learned her lesson and wants nothing to do with Sonja's imaginary businesses and just move on instead of that she goes crying murder about it and again makes a huge deal about something so trivial. That in itself is what I find annoying.

I agree with that. Do I think it's a bit less jealousy and a bit more wounded pride? I do, if one thinks there's a difference. Do I think any hurt feelings she had stem from selfish means vs. giving a shit about Sonja? Yup. Doesn't make her a 'bad' person to me, it's just annoying. Because it's true— at the very least, her dismissal of indifference toward Sonja isn't subtle if it isn't mean. I just think she should own her words- or tell us she's learning a new tune, at least. Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 3