Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: The Art Of Being A Cougar

• Start Topic

The only drama I saw tonight was the drama Bethenny created by being so shitty to Heather.  Granted Heather should stop sticking her honker in everyone's business, but Bethenny's reaction was just stupid and childish.  If she doesn't want to be a part of gratuitous drama she should consider not starting any.

Exactly. Even if she did feel Heather was stirring the pot and/or manufacturing drama, she could have shut that shit right done in a very calm, polite way. She could have simply explained how Carole got invited because they were hanging out the night before, and that there was nothing intentional about it. And then moved on and changed the subject. She was the one who made a mountain out of a holemill, if you ask me. 

• Love 11

One poster already said it but I am enjoying the season for the same reason they are. It is mindless entertainment on the surface but the hidden (Beth exclusion of Dorinda and Kristen)  and not so hidden (Heather whipping discord between Kristen and Beth ) maneuvering makes it must see TV. I prefer Heather's in your face pot stirring to Bethenny's acting above it while setting the whole damn thing in motion. I don't mind her because she's not as clever as she thinks she is. I see you Beth.

I am not a die hard fan or hater for any of the women so I have no horse in the race. It is fun watching them go at it. 

May the savviest win.

• Love 11

Carole recounting her first date with Adam brought me back to when I was 16 and puked in a dude's van. No way I'd still want to be living like that at 50. It makes me tired just watching her. But hey, to each her own. Although, I must insist that there  is no need for a "screwing" emoji. No one needs to know that. Really. 

LOL.  I've not puked on anyone yet, but there's still time to do so in my 50s, so it appears.

It doesn't bother me whom Carole dates.  But I'm amused that last season she went on another awkward first date and told the guy that "men don't even get interesting until they're 40".  She said she hoped he was more than that. He was 31.  She was aghast - said in a talking head that she prefers to date men her exact same age, between 37 and 45.   Seems like she's changed her mind. Or found a young one who is interesting. Or she's regressing.

• Love 6

I'm finding it hard to believe that I ever liked Bethenny. I mean, I used to really enjoy her! Now she is just constantly caustic and condescending and it's just uncomfortable to watch. FTR, Invite-gate was pretty stupid. I was with Kristen's nanny - "Who cares?" However, I can understand her being a bit hurt when she hears basically every cast member was invited except for her. I don't think she was making a big deal out of it. It was more like, "Hmmm, that's weird. I wonder if it was something I did?" Natural reaction, and I really hate how Bethenny thinks she can just invalidate someone's feelings. "That's ridiculous!" To you, maybe. Your inability to empathize is concerning. It wasn't a big deal, until Bethenny made it a big deal. All she had to say was, "Oh okay, I didn't mean anything by it. I'll be glad to tell her that if she brings it up" and move right along. But instead she launched into another one of her "Everyone and everything is boring me" tirades, and ruined the entire dinner. She is just incredibly dismissive, and it's not okay. I thought Heather handled herself very well and I'm interested in seeing them go toe-to-toe in the future. 

That was my takeway, too.

Heather started to bring it up and immediately, Bethenny's all, "Oh my GOD! I can't believe! *cue pretending to sleep* I'm going to sleep now! But continue! *cue continual pretend sleep* Go ahead, but this is boring!" I'm not certain how that reaction means that Heather escalated the situation, but whatever. 

Because comparisons keep being made to the time Heather didn't extend an invite to Ramona (on what was legitinately Heather's business trip to another country), I have to say that the difference is that Heather didn't go into near convulsions, practically throwing herself off a chair when Sonja et. al. mentioned that Ramona was hurt by the lack of invite. 

• Love 10
It doesn't bother me whom Carole dates.  But I'm amused that last season she went on another awkward first date and told the guy that "men don't even get interesting until they're 40".  She said she hoped he was more than that. He was 31.  She was aghast - said in a talking head that she prefers to date men her exact same age, between 37 and 45.   Seems like she's changed her mind. Or found a young one who is interesting. Or she's regressing.

I don't think she knows what she wants. I think she's just making it up as she goes along. Because last night she made some comment about men being better either under 25 or over 75. I may not have the exact ages right, but that was the gist of it. I never know whether Carole is joking or not. She also said men like it when you puke because you're vulnerable and they can take care of you. That kind of skeeved me out.

• Love 5

ghoulina you brought up what bothered me too: Dorinda bringing up her late husband, to her boyfriend and her friends, as an example... As Richard did everything the right way and John isn't behaving the same way. Well, Dorinda...John ain't Richard. No one will be Richard. John is John and if you don't like it, don't be with him! Just because Richard died doesn't make it excusable to compare them. We all know the rule: don't discuss your exes!

Edit: this is the second time I've tried to bold text...what am I doing wrong?!

Edited by Lisin
the correct format is [b] not [bold] that was the problem
  • Love 10

Are you highlighting the text you want bolded and then just clicking the BOLD icon?

No...I was typing in the [ and the ] and the / etc! I'll try what you said next time! Thanks!

Edit: I think typing 'bold' in full is the problem. Just the b might have worked.

Mods: I've written my query and subsequent posts as a community service!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 2

As usual, you are so right. Something is so different about her. I am still holding out hope that she is going to pull it together. What I like about her is that she is able to admit when she is a bitch or out of line. She did it in her blog, and she also sent a Tweet to Andy that she was a little harsh (my words, not hers). I just cannot believe that B came on this show with any intent other than to repair the image she has damaged over the years. I think at the end of it all she is going to be the one who gets along with pretty much everyone (except maybe Kristen). 

I agree, there is something definitely off with Beth. OTOH, I love that she left Kristen out, since I can't stand Kristen and I kind of like that she is being such a bitch to Heather.  I feel like any Heather like I had has run it's course and she mostly just grates on me. 

Carole is the other one that I have gone from really liking to just finding her utterly annoying. Carole, honey, Sex in the City has been done and  Sarah Jessica Parker did it so much better. 

I hate Dorinda. 

On the plus side, all of my collective "hate" for any of these women does not come remotely close to what I feel for Kim Richards or Brandi Glanville, which allows me to dislike and snark on these broads much like I snark on the Vanderpump Rules gang. Which means it is a lot more fun.

Not that this show has reached Vanderpump Rules perfection, but I am enjoying it this year. Of course it's early! 

• Love 8

I think Carole is free to do as she pleases. If she wants to date young men, that's her business. Clubs have never appealed to me (I'm in my twenties), but they appeal to some people. Life is short and she should have fun. However, I didn't find her story about the drug or vomiting on her date's shoes funny. I found it gross and weird, actually.

Agreed.  She's often impatient with her cast mates.  During the sushi dinner I saw the strain in her eyes. Like, listening to anyone talk, except herself, was painful.  Which I think is normal for her on a good day but she just seems exhausted to me. 

It seems like every scene is physically and emotionally exhausting for her. She never seems happy. It's quite exhausting for me to watch - she sucks the air out of most scenes and I find my eyes glazing over when she is the focus.

• Love 10

Ramona and her dog in the restaurant? No. Just no.

I couldn't tell if she was being lying or being sarcastic when she said he was a service dog and she left his papers at home.  I live in LA and am allowed to bring my dog with me pretty much everywhere, but never in indoor restaurants!  That guy looked shocked she walked in with her dog, but what could he do, call off the meeting with Bravo cameras all around?  

Ok two things I found weird.... dorinda's daughter said she could have had a young hot boyfriend after Richard died. Why would she refer to him as Richard? Wasn't he her father? Also, when Beth gave her toast at the birthday dinner, Heather said, good toast Beth ha ha. No one blinked an eye, so that whole thing was more manufactured drama. And the fact that LuAnn is saying she should just call her name is ridiculous, since Heather calls her Lu all the time. In fact, she shortens everyone's name, or at least sot of them, it's her thing. Manufactured drama over stupid stuff.

• Love 2

I preface my post with this statement: not all parents are mature and not all childless people are immature.

Having said that, I do think Carole is a typical childless person who only has responsibility for herself. So....young carefree lifestyle? Why not?

• Love 9

Beth's command to dance on the tables at her party.  (A) Not safe; (B) Not sanitary; ( C) Disrespectful to the hosting facility.

Hey and isn't the story that Bethenny always told about how she and Jason Hoppy first met....was that she was dancing table top at some club and he came over and said something along the lines about the stick up her ass? Alex, I'll take Irony for $200. 

She [bethenny] gives me the impression that she feels doing the show again is beneath her, resents that she is doing it and is actually angry that she felt compelled to lower herself to in fact do it.

WireWrap, you nailed it.

• Love 7

Everyone is saying that new York is so refreshing compared to.the toxicity of BH. Need I remind everyone that only four episodes have aired this far and its still early in filming?

Also until episode 10 or 11 of season five of BH..it wasn't toxic at all.

• Love 5

Heather has always meddle in things that are none of her business and I find that off putting, she was Carole's defender last season and she seems to be gearing towards being Kristen's defender this season. I find that in itself quite condescending to be honest.  Why does Heather thinks that these grown up women can't handle their own battles? Let them handle themselves and let us viewers see what they are made off.

I would like to see Carole , Kristen or anybody take on their own issues without a meddlesome friend, I guess my standards for RHNY are quite high but I assume that if you are in a show about NYC women, then you better be able to handle yourself in all kind of stressful situations. Heather needs to involve herself in her friends' disputes indicates to me that she probably think she is better than them  and so she has to take them under her wing. Have they asked her to do so? I don't remember Kristen asking Heather to say anything to Bethenny about it, so why did Heather felt obligated to do it if not to start some shit?

IMO all the ladies were shook to the core when the return of Bethenny was announced and specially when they knew how much money she would be making so they were mostly interested in figuring out who she was going to be her antagonist, Heather and Kristen seemed happy that it would be Ramona but then Bethenny quickly moved on from that, so my real question is, what was Heather trying to do? was she offering Kristen as the sacrificial lamb and ended up in the line of fire herself?

Heather is way too savvy to not know what she was doing, Bethenny shut it off quickly but this is the second time in two episodes that she has done this, last episode she gave a lenghty speech about Ramona and Bethenny shut it down, now it was Kristen who was offended and Bethenny shut it down as well.

My problem with RHNY the last seasons was that the conflict seemed fabricated and lingered for way too long, it didn't feel organic at all and I quickly lost interest, Heather seems to think that this is still the way to go even though the drop in ratings would tell her clearly that this was not, I do not want petty fabricated conflicts, the conflicts that are most compelling are the organic and authentic ones, I hope for the sake of the show that Heather gives up on trying to create some fake conflict where there is none, let's keep it moving, in a group of 8 women conflict will arise, just let it happen naturally.

• Love 10

I agree with all that you say here, except this isn't eight random women.  These are eight cast members whose job is to interact with each other.  It would seem that Bethenny is only choosing to interact with part of the cast, which obviously endangers the job of those who aren't part of her little clique.

I think the England trip is a different situation, because it involved Heather's business.

Agree with this poster. All the Ho Wife casts like to point out that these filmed events are work events and that several of them would not see each other outside of their contract requirements.  So I get that Kristen needs to be at events to be relevant (cause she's dull otherwise) but she acts like her little feelings are hurt. And Bethenny acting like her birthday party (i.e. work event) was only for friends is just as stupid.  Castmates shouldve been there. Looks like producer manufactured drama once again.

• Love 1

I agree, there is something definitely off with Beth. OTOH, I love that she left Kristen out, since I can't stand Kristen and I kind of like that she is being such a bitch to Heather.  I feel like any Heather like I had has run it's course and she mostly just grates on me.

But Bethenny made it clear that Kristen, Heather and Dorinda hadn't been invited.  In fact all of this was worth the look on Heather's face when she said, I was a plus 1?  Yes Heather, you, the woman sitting next to you and poor injured Kristen were all not invited.  I'm guessing this all went down at the girls night.  So Carol was at girls night and that was why she was invited.  As we saw just before Heather arrived, Dorinda didn't even have Bethenny's email.  So not surprised.  And really Heather you just decide to call someone a different name?  That is so not cool.  So if someone told you they don't like the name Peggy you can just decide you don't care?  That is a power play and B was not having it.

I would like to take a moment to point out that Dorinda and Bethenny are not going to have a problem with each other.  First they are both punctual people.  The totally bonded over they're favorite designer and once Dorinda sees Bethenny at the sample sales she'll know how B like the deal on designer duds.  Then they really are very similar in the way they respond to things.  Dorinda's back it up is something Bethenny would do.  So I'm looking forward to this.

Now does anyone know why Lu and Hatty (I think I like that better than Heather) get into it?  Hatty seems to be getting on a lot of bad sides.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 9

Heather, I totally see you...

BTW it is not lost on me how surprised and dare I say "disapointed" Heather and Kristen seemed when they learned that Bethenny and Ramona had quickly gotten over their petty argument and were on good standing again and had a good time at Boutique.

Hah! I saw that, too! Heather and driftwood Kristin were probably hoping Ramona and Beth would keep Brunchgate going all season, thus keeping the target off their backs.

I  must say, I'm really enjoying the apparent fluidity between factions. It will keep things interesting to see team-switching, mini-alliances, betrayals and make-ups all season. The producers were very smart in crafting their storylines this year. Instead of watching a season-long war that never gets resolved and just ends up pissing off viewers, we will get a variety of small battles.

But Bethenny made it clear that Kristen, Heather and Dorinda hadn't been invited.  In fact all of this was worth the look on Heather's face when she said, I was a plus 1?

Heather was a little taken aback to hear that! Meanwhile, Carol looks off to the side (the universal sign for "I'm not getting involved") and just keeps right on eating.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 9

No...I was typing in the [ and the ] and the / etc! I'll try what you said next time! Thanks!

Edit: I think typing 'bold' in full is the problem. Just the b might have worked.

Mods: I've written my query and subsequent posts as a community service!

Just the b is the answer... not the whole word bold in the brackets, but just the letter b. 

• Love 2

Does Dorinda work?  Or just left wealthy by two husbands? I think its clear she's just not that into John.  God I hope not cause

otherwise if she is letting her snotty bratty adult daughter run her life is just too much. 

As a previous poster said, Heather said "sensitivity chip," famously made a term when Jennifer Aniston said Brad Pitt was missing one.  

Yeah, but where's the fun in that.  I'm totally co-opting "sensitvityship" for my own personal use.

"You look awful today."

"I just had a root canal, where's your sensitvityship!"

• Love 10
Ok two things I found weird.... dorinda's daughter said she could have had a young hot boyfriend after Richard died. Why would she refer to him as Richard? Wasn't he her father?

I think he was her step-father. But I'm not really sure the actual status of her bio father.

• Love 2

On twitter last night Dorinda was coveting Bethenny's jumpsuit big time.  So again I think the clothes is going to make the couple here.  And microchipping an expensive garmet - genius.  I know folks that would jump at that service.  I personally do not own a $9000 coat but I 'hang with a fabulous crowd' and they buy that damn coat once and wear it for 10 years.  If it was lost at a dry cleaners or stolen at a coat check they would go nuts.

edited because I can't type to save my life this morning

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 4

I would like to take a moment to point out that Dorinda and Bethenny are not going to have a problem with each other.  First they are both punctual people.  

I do believe I agree with you there.  Hadn't thought much about their relationship before just now. Also, I think Bethenny will get along like peas and carrots with Dorinda's boyfriend.  He reminds me of the old timey fatcats that hung out at the race track that Beth probably has fond memories of.

• Love 12

I think he was her step-father. But I'm not really sure the actual status of her bio father.

I think that's right - Dorinda's first husband was Hannah's father, they are divorced.  Second husband was the one who died.  

There was a split second during Dorinda's conversation with her boyfriend where you could tell she realized her daughter was a monster of her (Dorinda's) own making.  I totally agree with putting your child first.  But, you also should not allow your child to disrespect you.  The way her daughter speaks to her is cringe-worthy.  My parents were not big on spanking etc but if I EVER talked to my mother that way....just no.

• Love 4

I think that's right - Dorinda's first husband was Hannah's father, they are divorced.  Second husband was the one who died.  

There was a split second during Dorinda's conversation with her boyfriend where you could tell she realized her daughter was a monster of her (Dorinda's) own making.  I totally agree with putting your child first.  But, you also should not allow your child to disrespect you.  The way her daughter speaks to her is cringe-worthy.  My parents were not big on spanking etc but if I EVER talked to my mother that way....just no.

Interesting. I wonder how she got Hannah's permission to remarry. I agree that she should  put her daughter first, but I don't think the daughter should be allowed to dictate what she does and doesn't do. But maybe her not liking this guy is a sign that perhaps there is something about him not to like, not just that he's "Fudgy the whale". Too soon to tell I guess, but I definitely like Dorinda better when she isn't around the boyfriend or her daughter.

• Love 2

Yeah, but where's the fun in that.  I'm totally co-opting "sensitvityship" for my own personal use.

"You look awful today."

"I just had a root canal, where's your sensitvityship!"

"I lost my sensitivityship when I dove into a giant bag of potato ships!"

• Love 4

I get the feeling that Dorinda, herself, has not come to terms with the death of her husband and that she is using the issue with the daughter as way to justify "keeping things separate," and that separate lives thing is a way for her to keep the relationship with John from developing further and heading in a direction she is not ready for emotionally.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 14

I agree with all the sentiments regarding Dorinda and Hannah. Also, who told Hannah that she is gorgeous? I understand the eyebrows and red lipstick are a look, but I'm not convinced they look good on her. Also, when is Dorinda going to tell her to get a life that produces an income? Hannah is doing herself no favors by coming off as completely useless. Is she planning to try and get on a reality show too?

• Love 4

I get the feeling that Dorinda, herself, has not come to terms with the death of her husband and that she is using the issue with the daughter as way to justify "keeping things separate," and that separate lives thing is a way for her to keep the relationship with John from developing further and heading in a direction she is not ready for emotionally.

I agree with this. I get the impression that no one will quite measure up to her deceased husband. I think if John proposed to her tomorrow, she'd say no.

I would like to take a moment to point out that Dorinda and Bethenny are not going to have a problem with each other.  First they are both punctual people.  The totally bonded over they're favorite designer and once Dorinda sees Bethenny at the sample sales she'll know how B like the deal on designer duds.  Then they really are very similar in the way they respond to things.  Dorinda's back it up is something Bethenny would do.  So I'm looking forward to this.

This was so funny!!  That was a total whiplash moment - Bethenny looks wary when she walks in and Dorinda is the only one there.  They start talking and she's still sort of side eyeing her.  And then the designer sample sale gets mentioned and they were BFF's and Bethenny is grabbing her phone to look at it.  Hilarious!!

• Love 5

In that scene, Heather reminded me very much of Alex McCord delivering Bethenny's message to Jill. 

I have always thought B liked to deal with issues face to face with the person, she would respect that more than Heather tattle telling her that Kristen was upset by getting left out of the birthday dinner. I don't think B is going to give Heather a break now.  On a side note after seeing said birthday dinner Kristen should be glad she did not have to foolishly dance on a table or try to make out with a 24 year old guy.

• Love 4

I think we have to assume that John is a Terry Dubrow level fame whore. Otherwise he would not let Dorinda slap him around the way she's to do in every interaction that has been filmed so far. Unless of course he is a masochist and enjoys it.

I wonder what is their "safe" word.

I would suggest eyebrows.

• Love 13

It seems to me that after a drink or two Dorinda gets ballsy and talks tough.  It's kinda fun to watch. 

Did I miss the moment that B and Ramona were pals again?

B made sure that we saw her in her thongs getting ready for the party. 

The chef that Carole is dating was Lu's niece's boyfriend? Really? 

• Love 2

Dorinda - me too.  I also use things until they break/don't work any longer.  Why waste my money?  You should have seen the t.v. I was watching you on last night. 

Kristin - I have that same attitude:  if someone doesn't invite me to a party, I happily spend the money I would have spent on their gift on myself.  Treat me!

Hannah needs to learn how to speak to her mom.  You take a break from college, living at home for free, speak respectfully  You are an adult.  Fine, you don't like mom's boyfriend say why.  Chubby is not a good or mature reason.  Girl needs to grow up!

Carole ate a gummy bear that "someone" gave to her at a bar?  Older but not wiser.

Edited by barbedwire
  • Love 7

Dominik is hot... his "roommate"? Not so much. I do have to hand it to Bethenny, however, in restraining herself from throwing both of those men out. Who shows up to a party as a +1 with their own +1 in tow? I realize they're European and manners might be a little different, but I would have been mortified if I was Sonja. Bethenny, in typical fashion, bluntly asked the guy, "And who are you?" I thought that was fair. 

I don't really see why LuAnn needs to be kept abreast of who Carole is dating. So what he's LuAnn's private chef? Who cares he had previously dated LuAnn's niece? Last I checked, Carole is free to see whomever she chooses, as is this single 29-year old (who, if I'm being honest, looks kind of dirty... but to each their own!). 

Dorinda's boyfriend kind of makes my skin crawl, and I was thrilled that she put him in his place tonight. It's almost refreshing to see a HW actually lay into her significant other on screen, since most of these women demure to their men while on camera, no matter how atrocious they behave. Although she can be a little much, I find myself liking Dorinda more and more with each episode. The same cannot be said for her daughter and those eyebrows. Oof.

I would totally agree with you there, unless, of course, Adam (that is his name, isn't it??) was getting busy with Luann before that...or, if Luann had hopes of getting busy with him.    ;-)

I really don't care for Ramona at all, but I'll be damned if I didn't find her adorable in a couple of her talking head segments tonight, particularly the one where she said she was technically single.

Yes, Ramona, you are...you go, girl, get yourself some!!!

I agree with you - I think that Ramona is looking great this season - I think being single and almost divorced agrees with her.  Plus, that guy, her restaurant business partner, was very good looking!!   ;-)

• Love 2

Hah! I saw that, too! Heather and driftwood Kristin were probably hoping Ramona and Beth would keep Brunchgate going all season, thus keeping the target off their backs.

I  must say, I'm really enjoying the apparent fluidity between factions. It will keep things interesting to see team-switching, mini-alliances, betrayals and make-ups all season. The producers were very smart in crafting their storylines this year. Instead of watching a season-long war that never gets resolved and just ends up pissing off viewers, we will get a variety of small battles.

Heather was a little taken aback to hear that! Meanwhile, Carol looks off to the side (the universal sign for "I'm not getting involved") and just keeps right on eating.

I agree - and isn't that what friendships or relationships are all about anyway?  Small disagreements that come and go and are resolved or moved on from.  That's why I like the NY ladies more than some of the other franchises.  They, for the most part, do seem to know how to be social with each other without bringing up every petty little thing over and over and over again, thereby making that one petty little thing turn into a huge debate.  Also, they do seem to interact with each other at a better level, too - they don't "pick a side" and stay on it all season (RHOA "talls vs. smalls" comes to mind....)

I wonder if Sonja would wear them in St. Tropez.

Well, probably not, because in St. Tropez and St. Barths', Sonja goes commando....in New York, she ONLY wears Cosabella panties, don't ya know?  ;-)

I think this is what Bethenny's gravestone should say. When she might (or might not) be someone's "late" wife.

I think that Jason Hoppy would have a few more choice words he would prefer be carved into Bethenny's headstone.....  LOL!  :-)

• Love 1
Heather is the one who brought to Kristen's attention the fact that she was not invited and harped on it. There was absolutely no need for her to do this but she did it anyway. Kristen didn't seem all that upset about it until Heather mentioned that she was the only one not invited.

Kristen first made mention about being the only one not invited; Heather told her she wasn't, that Dorinda wasn't invited, neither. As far as any harping, I didn't get that from either in the scene.

...I hope for the sake of the show that Heather gives up on trying to create some fake conflict where there is none, let's keep it moving, in a group of 8 women conflict will arise, just let it happen naturally.

But, the issue at hand wasn't fake - Beth didn't invite Kristen, and Kristen did feel some kind a way about it. And, when Heather brought it up to Beth, she prefaced by saying it wasn't a big deal, but as an FYI, a fellow HW's feelings got a little bruised. (Which apparently was the worst thing ever for Beth to have to hear, given the way she overreacted.)

I  must say, I'm really enjoying the apparent fluidity between factions. It will keep things interesting to see team-switching, mini-alliances, betrayals and make-ups all season.

I agree, and what I like about this cast is that they're relatively good about not pounding an issue into the ground, and are able to move on fairly quickly.

Was Heather the only one to bring a gift? I'm guessing it was some of her Yummie stuff.

• Love 7

So from rewatching the show this morning... here are some revised thoughts:

Kristen:  Yes, she was a little bummed, but in her talking head she figured she didn't have a gift so it was a win win for her.  And when her nanny said it wouldn't matter to her, then it seemed like Kristen was fine with it.

Heather: I don't get why she is fighting Kristen's battle especially since Kristen didn't seem all that bothered by it.  Also, Kristen tangled with Ramona and Aviva last season and did pretty well.. so I don't see why she needs a bodyguard.. unless it is for airtime.

Ramona:  I had read the rumor that she would be down-graded to a 'friend of' but judging by the first four episodes.. I can see why she got to keep that apple.

Luann:  Not in the episode all that much.

Carole:  I guess she disproves the notion that age brings wisdom?  No way would I accept some random candy or drink from a stranger.  I'm wondering if she's regressed to a 20 something due to the intense grief she felt at her husband, john john and carolyn's death.  I bet she's more somber and serious in her private life then what she portrays on the show.  I'd rather see her drop the ditzy act and be more like she was in season 5.

Dorinda:  She seems like a true New Yorker... in your face and abrasive.  Not a bad thing and I like she's getting individual scenes so that we get to know her.. warts and all.  I agree with a previous poster that she isn't over her late husband's death.. and I think that's why she isn't really reigning in her daughter Hannah.  I wish more housewives had grown children to interact with.. I bet we'd see more of Kristen/heather's homelife if they had older children.  With that said, I do think Dorinda was pretty good at holding her own with Bethanny.. and even unsettled Bethanny a little.  I can see them becoming friends down the road.

Bethanny:  She's abrasive, but I do like that she doesn't want to keep playing these petty conflicts.  She shuts them down as quickly as they start.  You can tell she's from the old school housewife format when it was more about their lives then petty disagreements. 

With that said, I did like Bethanny not inviting Dorinda and kristen to her gathering because she doesn't know them and the gathering was for her birthday.  She only invited Carole cause they instantly clicked.. and Carole bought along heather as her plus 1.  I miss the days of seeing the women host events for their friends.. and none of the other women attended the event.  This is a reality show.. i want some realism.. rather then a rejected Sex and the City script.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 9
I don't really see why LuAnn needs to be kept abreast of who Carole is dating. So what he's LuAnn's private chef? Who cares he had previously dated LuAnn's niece? Last I checked, Carole is free to see whomever she chooses, as is this single 29-year old (who, if I'm being honest, looks kind of dirty... but to each their own!).

I disagree, but I think that this comes down to a personality thing. If Carol started dating someone that she met in my house, who has an affiliation with my family, I would want a basic heads up that they're dating. It's not asking for permission or being overly nosy, but I think that it's a nice courtesy.

• Love 3

Lucky for Carole she's humping LuAnn's private chef and not Sonja's private chef.

I remember how livid Sonja was when Cindy dared to do a few dance steps with one of her interns.

Having Carole actually engaging in intercourse with one of her staff probably would have given Sonja a massive stroke.

Speaking of Sonja and "stroke," I think she might want to reevaluate her relationship with Dominick or whatever his name is.  I'm not positive, but I think she might not be his type, so to speak.

• Love 6

I think Heather sees her as some majestic "peace maker" and SuperFriend who wanted to make sure Kristen's voice was heard. That's fine and noble but Bethenny was brought on the show to spice things up. She knows her mission is to cause sparks and that's what she's doing. She did take it overboard but then again that's been her MO this entire season. 

• Love 1