Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana County?

• Start Topic

What is it with these broads' obsession with the Chanel logo?  Even the 'classy' Ms Dubrow is wearing little Chanel Logo earrings.  Chanel has to be one of the tackiest brands on the planet and yet they all have their little CC bits and bobs.  

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 4

Last night driving home I realized the car was really hard to steer. Low and behold I have two flat tires. Two! I am channeling Brooks. Someone help me.

I'm gonna need to see photographic evidence of these alleged "flat" "tires" and at least two notarized affidavits from passersby or I'm breaking out the headband.

I had a flat tire do the jiggly steering wheel thing, too, which I guess is better than the blow out I've always feared.

• Love 5

Not the headband of truth and justice!  Nooooooooo!  It seems there is someone putting nails in people's tires in my neighborhood.  One of the neighbors had his motorcycle tire spiked.  Maybe Meghan could investigate for us.

• Love 4
On 11/13/2015 at 7:01 AM, bosawks said:

Is it me or does this sound like the names of the next celebrity twins born to god knows who...

Dallas & Potomac? Stop the madness. I thought we already had a Potomac awhile back? I mean a RH of Potomac.

I think anyone having twins should name them Martini & Rossi !

Edited by chenoa333
spelling corrections
On 11/5/2015 at 11:56 PM, breezy424 said:

Am I the only one that on certain pages of the PTV forum that get really wonky....or hinky?  My scroll is delayed, the page freezes or if I post a reply there's a delay between what I'm typing and when it's displayed?  Drives me crazy.  It's happening now and it doesn't really happen on other sites.  I'm using Firefox.

Edited by Sai
Nevermind
  • Love 2

Oooh that sounds good.  We had my mom do something similar for Easter this year because I got her a big ol' Le Creuset dutch oven for Christmas.  My sister and I required a giant chicken pot pie made in it.  I can't remember if she did top and bottom crust or just top crust.  It was really good and super giant.  We live for holiday leftovers.  We have a whole tradition where different holidays have different leftover situations.  There's a whole ridiculous chopped salad that goes with Thanksgiving and for Christmas we make all kinds of baked potatoes and top them with ridiculous combinations of leftovers.  

I'd like to think I'm more Heather Dubrow than Tamra Judge, so I don't know about a tater tot casserole.  Although I do love tater tots.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2016 at 3:02 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Okay you guys, I'm going to a potluck and need to make a casserole.  Any recipe suggestions?

Chicken Foot Casserole

1 package of chicken feet with nails

Oil

1 loaf of white bread

A Dozen eggs

1/2 bunch parsley chopped

Salt and pepper

Milk

Butter

Fry chicken feet in hot oil into golden brown and toes are curdled or splayed.

Tear enough bread into a buttered 9x13 casserole till full. Beat eggs, parsley, salt and pepper with enough milk to make a sludge and pour over bread. Dot with butter and bake at 350 until set and center comes out clean.

Remove from oven and insert chicken feet toes up. 

Serve with a straight face.

Edited by Giselle
Sound of a raspberry.....hear it?
  • Love 3
On September 8, 2016 at 6:02 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Okay you guys, I'm going to a potluck and need to make a casserole.  Any recipe suggestions?

Liar face casserole 

500 CCs of Botox

16 ounces of self tanner

half a bunch of hair extensions 

three dozen phished insurance leads

4-6 dental implants

Combine all ingredients loosely.  Sprinkle on restylane if desired.  Garnish with a half boob implant and that Rolex you bought for yourself because everyone hates you and won't buy you a Rolex.   Stew slowly.  Get drunk and fall on your ass accepting an award you made up while waiting for the mess to cogitate.  Get hit in the head with a football.    Don't scratchy the woody.

Serves 4-6.   Not recommended to eat on a family couch.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Giselle said:

Chicken Foot Casserole

1 package of chicken feet with nails

Oil

1 loaf of white bread

A Dozen eggs

1/2 bunch parsley chopped

Salt and pepper

Milk

Butter

Fry chicken feet in hot oil into golden brown and toes are curdled or splayed.

Tear enough bread into a buttered 9x13 casserole till full. Beat eggs, parsley, salt and pepper with enough milk to make a sludge and pour over bread. Dot with butter and bake at 350 until set and center comes out clean.

Remove from oven and insert chicken feet toes up. 

Serve with a straight face.

Luckily, I have a couple pounds of chicken feet in the freezer, so I'm saved a trip to Whole Foods.

• Love 1

I have dogs.  They like the feet raw and love them dehydrated.  They've been on an elimination diet and can't eat chicken or beef right now, so I've got a freezer full of chicken feet, marrow bones, and green tripe.  I'll probably end up using the feet for stock for Thanksgiving.  

On another note, has anyone watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix?  We watched it tonight and what a nightmare.  I never delved into the story that much when it was all happening but damn she got screwed by the police in Italy and most of media covering the case. 

• Love 3

As a mother and a woman, I want to vent on tonight's election results so far.  I also realize that this is not the place I'm supposed to do that.  Just sayin.  Sorry mods.  I realize and understand the rules.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

As a mother and a woman, I want to vent on tonight's election results so far.  I also realize that this is not the place I'm supposed to do that.  Just sayin.  Sorry mods.  I realize and understand the rules.

I think they have a politics thread now? I don't know if they put a place in it for the results, but try there.

Personally, I'm doing my level best to pretend this never happened.

• Love 5
On 9/16/2016 at 0:15 PM, Nanny pants said:

Ladies, ladies...all this talk of chicken feet, marrow and tripe.  Our Vicki is going to start making gagging noises.

I just learned that chicken feet are the toes, foot, and leg shank. If it's just the toes and foot, but not the leg part, it's a chicken paw.

On 12/3/2015 at 10:02 PM, Muffyn said:

Not the headband of truth and justice!  Nooooooooo!  It seems there is someone putting nails in people's tires in my neighborhood.  One of the neighbors had his motorcycle tire spiked.  Maybe Meghan could investigate for us.

On 12/3/2015 at 10:21 PM, link417 said:

OMG I'm sorry, that makes it even worse. That would piss me off something awful. They put nails in TWO of your tires?! What jackasses.

Beats having an arsonist running around your neighborhood setting fire to people's garbage cans, garages, and even a house. No, really. This is actually happening in my mother-in-law's neighborhood in Milwaukee. When we lived in Sun Prairie, at one point we lived in a townhouse complex. Someone had a beef with the landlord and came through the complex, slashing everyone's tires. They did this twice. At the time, I had a 1978 Corvette I was working on which already had bad tires, and my 89 Camaro RS was just coming out of winter storage and so was at the mechanic's for oil change and such. So, when they came through the second time, the Corvette's tires were still flat and only my wife's 1992 Firebird needed a second set of tires. Mercifully, there was a tire shop just two blocks over. Of course, when you've got more than 100 vehicles that need four new tires, then - if they don't run out - you've got quite the wait on your hands. (Our complex was a set of three buildings facing a common parking lot. The landlord owned several buildings along the opposite side of the street, as well, all with outside parking.) We ended up breaking our lease after the second time, and it turned out that it never happened again (but they never caught whoever did it). The whole thing cost us a lot of money, but I was really fortunate that my Camaro wasn't there because it had street/strip drag radials on it that each cost around $250.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:17 AM, breezy424 said:

On another note, has anyone watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix?  We watched it tonight and what a nightmare.  I never delved into the story that much when it was all happening but damn she got screwed by the police in Italy and most of media covering the case. 

I followed that case pretty close at the time. I'll have to check the documentary because that should still be interesting. I was glad she was unwilling to return to Italy for another trial. The Italians screwed the whole thing up from the word 'go'. It's certainly a lesson not to get in a situation where you could be suspected of having broken the law in that country.

Edited by MrSmith

Does anybody know if there's a thread for 'Tamra's OC Wedding'?  I just watched it for the first time and I'd love to see what everyone thought of it.  

I've searched through the OC threads but couldn't find it.  

Thanks in advance! 

On 6/15/2017 at 4:59 PM, Maharincess said:

Does anybody know if there's a thread for 'Tamra's OC Wedding'?  I just watched it for the first time and I'd love to see what everyone thought of it.  

Thanks in advance! 

I've never seen a thread on here specifically for Tamra's wedding. I like the idea because I can't stand her....great for snarking! However, I think that her reception venue was absolutely stunning. I don't go to many weddings but I do get to see an a$$load of them on reality tv. Tamra and Eddie's wedding planner (forgot her name) did as good a job as the flamboyant Asian guy that is supposedly THE "go to" wedding planner of the elite and rich  celebs (forgot his name too!) And, I think Tamra looked very pretty. I expected trailer trash decor and gowns but Tammy really surprised me. 

On 6/15/2017 at 6:59 PM, Maharincess said:

Thanks in advance! 

On 6/24/2017 at 6:31 PM, chenoa333 said:

I've never seen a thread on here specifically for Tamra's wedding. I like the idea because I can't stand her....great for snarking! However, I think that her reception venue was absolutely stunning. I don't go to many weddings but I do get to see an a$$load of them on reality tv. Tamra and Eddie's wedding planner (forgot her name) did as good a job as the flamboyant Asian guy that is supposedly THE "go to" wedding planner of the elite and rich  celebs (forgot his name too!) And, I think Tamra looked very pretty. I expected trailer trash decor and gowns but Tammy really surprised me. 

There are no plans for a designated thread. If you guys want her spin off/mini series can be discussed in the Tamra thread. 

37 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

So, what's the under/over on how long it takes Vicki to ask Meghan if she loves Aspen more than her stepdaughter Haley?

I'm in!  I'm going the under if the line is the half season mark.

• Love 2

I don't know, you guys...  I know these are all horrible people, but a part of me really does hope Vicki finds love and Tamra reunites with her daughter, and that Vicki and Tamra can bury the hatchet, at least long enough so that we can get a couple of drunk, fun scenes of the two of them together.  I yearn for a simpler time, a time of Cat Crap Condos and OC Energy.  Where are the woohoos of yesteryear? 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ladle said:

I don't know, you guys...  I know these are all horrible people, but a part of me really does hope Vicki finds love and Tamra reunites with her daughter, and that Vicki and Tamra can bury the hatchet, at least long enough so that we can get a couple of drunk, fun scenes of the two of them together.  I yearn for a simpler time, a time of Cat Crap Condos and OC Energy.  Where are the woohoos of yesteryear? 

Me too!! 

I saw a pic of Tamra, her daughter and Simon at her high school graduation and things were ok.  That truly is a sad situation that I really hope is rectified.   

• Love 3

I don't know. How do they measure it? If it's based on your height and weight, I don't trust it. I hate when BMI is measured that way, because there are so many more factors. I have a friend who is a personal trainer and he is RIPPED. Not an ounce of fat on him. But he's very short for a guy, and if you go by typical BMI calculations, he's actually considered "obese". I actually think the best way to do it is the old fashioned way - where they pinch your skin. 

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know. How do they measure it? If it's based on your height and weight, I don't trust it. I hate when BMI is measured that way, because there are so many more factors. I have a friend who is a personal trainer and he is RIPPED. Not an ounce of fat on him. But he's very short for a guy, and if you go by typical BMI calculations, he's actually considered "obese". I actually think the best way to do it is the old fashioned way - where they pinch your skin. 

Yes, the calipers are supposed to be a good way and I think that the body immersion thing where you're in water and they measure the displacement is the most accurate.

I think Shannon was fudging on her height and I don't thin she's 5'6.5", I think she's more like 5'4", 5'5" tops

I have read that waist size is the way to go : "A waist size over 35 inches in women and over 40 inches in men greatly increases the risk of chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease and more. The ideal waist size for women is 32 ½ inches and 35 inches for men" (or less).

Focus on functional fitness (the ability to climb stairs, being able to get off the floor without help, bending over to touch your toes) and the rest will follow.

• Love 2

Reading everyone's posts makes me realize how there is no real standard to body size, weight, etc.

I saw my doctor this week and I asked her about a target weight loss, body fat, where I'm at with beginning to control my diabetes, etc.

Her response was, casual to say the least.  She told me as long as I continue to keep sugar intakes low and continue with my habit changes, my body will settle into the weight it wants to be....

Which?  Um okay?!?   She cited some study about force feeding healthy people for a time and then, when allowed to go back to their old eating habits, lost the weight and went back to where they were.  So in principle I understand what she's telling me.

Don't just rely on a specific number.  What my blood sugars are and how my insulin is working is the most important thing for my health to be focused on.

And while my risk for heart attacks or strokes wasn't high, even with being fat, those risks have gone even lower with the weight loss and dancing.

I have no clue what my weight and body fat will land up being in the end.  All she wants me to do is keep doing what I've been doing.

• Love 4

It's so true. We're all so different. We carry weight differently. Our shapes vary. I know women who weigh more than me, but wear several sizes smaller. AND it depends on where you shop. Clothing sizes are NOT universal. I think it's best to feel comfortable, and work towards certain health goals, not get so fixated on a certain number or size. 

• Love 11