Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana County?

• Start Topic

[Edited by Mod]

The Small Talk topic is for:

•   Introductions

•   Off-topic chatter

•   Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1 Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

2 Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

3 If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

•   Character topics

•   Episode topics

•   Season topics

•   Spoiler topics

•   Speculation topics

•   In the Media topics

•   Favourite X topics

•   ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show -- a social thread and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new threads for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

NOTE: Sorry, that is the dumbest Small Talk title I've done tonight. I'm loopy ATM.

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I will miss Lydia.  Her mom seemed nice enough too, although I thought the pot smoking was really weird.  I hope we're done with Lauri -- she irked me more than anyone else last season. 

(edited)

I think would be easier to navigate these forums as time goes on and pages multiply if the individual thread for each housewife was pinned to the top. Then later group the episodes within their season.

Just a suggestion. Thanks PTV for giving us a place to gab.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

Hey all! Reposting this from the RHoBH forum for all you newcomers:

Hi everyone! I'm the main mod here in the RHO(whatever city) forums and I wanted to assure you all that I get that you're used to the single thread set up from TWoP. We're doing it differently here because it's much easier to keep track of and also much easier for new posters to jump into the conversation if they don't have to figure out where to post in a gigantic 1000+ page thread. I'm also not going to ding you if you reference back to something from prior seasons or episodes within a given thread to make a point in that thread. If you have specific thoughts about a specific housewife of course you can also use their individual thread. The individual episode threads make the most sense for episode discussion. Additionally if you wanted a thread for a prior season feel free to start it and talk about that season as well. Feel free to PM me with any questions. And Welcome!

I'm moving some non small talk posts over to a new topic I'm calling "First Looks" because the new episode doesn't have any info up yet. 

• Love 3

I'm not sure of the protocol so I figured I'd just introduce myself in each thread before I run amuck posting.

I'm bosawks another refugee from TWOP so here it goes.............

Amuck, amuck, amuck!

• Love 2

walnutqueen waves hello from my recliner planted firmly south of the OC in North San Diego County. 

No matter what atrocity Bravo chooses to unleash on us next, I'll still be tuning in to this, the Original Recipe And Gangstas Extraordinaire, Crass Outrageous Unique Twats Yammering.

bosawks - know what rhymes with Amuck?

• Love 1

If it looks like a duck and if it sounds like a duck it's a schmuck.

That's the OC to a T (to me).

But ... I love real ducks & they're definitely not schmucks.  I had a mated wild pair honeymoon in my swimming pool swamp/pond for 9 consecutive years.  Very little drama.  :-)

• Love 1
(edited)

Ok. Not sure where to ask this but... I needed to edit one of my posts as I discovered too late that I got happy with the "t" key and added one or two too many.

So I just clicked the edit pencil button below my post and now along with my typo correction it just shows that I edited my post at a certain time. Where do I add the reason for my edit so it shows up as well?

Edited by Giselle

At the bottom of the post you're editing there's a box checked that says "Show 'Edit by'" line, to the left of that there's a blank place where you can enter in the reason for your edit.

(edited)

Does anyone in the area know if C*** Fitness is still open?

Greetings, Ubi!!!  It's like old home week around here (in the best possible way!)

Yes, it's still open.  LabLover27 (known on this site as LabLover now) lives very nearby C*** Fitness and, as far as I recall, she has posted that it's still open but the parking lot is usually glaringly empty and that there are now a few other workout studios/gyms opening up in the immediate area but in better, more trafficked locations.

Tamra's been making noise about opening up another C*** Fitness for Rat-Faced Ryan to run but...Yeah, considering Tamra's statement that the gym is apparently just breaking even at this point (a statement which I highly doubt), I don't know that a second location will ever come to fruition.  

Edited by Persnickety1

Nice to see so many familiar posters from TwoP. My anxiety level after it closed is slowly dissipating. By the way, Persnickety1, are you the one who came up with the term "chucklefucks"? Mr. Nanny Pants seriously giggled when I told him about it. Now he can't use it enough.

At the bottom of the post you're editing there's a box checked that says "Show 'Edit by'" line, to the left of that there's a blank place where you can enter in the reason for your edit.

Thanks for your help but I just see Save Edit, Full Editor and Cancel buttons below my edited posts. I don't see any checked box.

They're not blue, I highlighted them, but maybe that's just a mod tool... either way you can always add an "ETA" at the bottom of the actual post if it is important for you to let people know why you made the edit. :) 

• Love 1
Yes, it's still open.  LabLover27 (known on this site as LabLover now) lives very nearby C*** Fitness and, as far as I recall, she has posted that it's still open but the parking lot is usually glaringly empty and that there are now a few other workout studios/gyms opening up in the immediate area but in better, more trafficked locations.

I recall Ryan was seen loitering in the parking lot; was he possibly dealing/buying his HGH?

Did I seriously just see Andy Cohen suggesting a way to go green????? He brought us Real housewives... You know where they use a limo for 2 people to drive a mile.

• Love 1

They're not blue, I highlighted them, but maybe that's just a mod tool... either way you can always add an "ETA" at the bottom of the actual post if it is important for you to let people know why you made the edit. :) 

No, I don't see the blue highlighted box on my screen. Must be a perk that the mods have. Thanks for your help though.

I recall Ryan was seen loitering in the parking lot; was he possibly dealing/buying his HGH?

Good memory.  That was from me.  I went to the pre 'soft' opening.  Ryan was standing outside in the parking lot.  Tamra came driving up and he helped carry a box in and then he took off.  He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.  Good memory ~ from TWOP!

(edited)

So far, I'm liking this forum a little better then TWOP.  I like that each episode has its own topic vs having to weed through a standard topic that could be populated with info/discussion one isn't interested in.

Edited by JAYJAY1979

I have to say I really like Shannon. She is extremely honest in her talking heads and is not afraid to admit when she is wrong. Something you almost never see in Real Housewives Land.

I was on my own reality show and you should know that talking heads are scripted. Except if you refuse to read the lines they right for you. I did that so I had very few lines. Occasionally I had to read lines that were exposition and even then I changed them into my own words which drove them crazy.

Some of the guys on the crew worked both NYC and Jersey and said it was basically the same deal. You can tell who is just reading the script and who was more or less speaking from the heart.

I think Tamra, Heather and Lizzie are just parroting words planted by the TPTB. Shannon is doing some exposition but some of it seems pretty heartfelt. Believe it or not I think Vickie and Brianna are both bringing the honesty this season in a refreshing change.

I could be wrong but that is how it seem to me.

Trooper, this is one of the only times I will confidently speak for the class when I say - we're gonna need more words please.

• Love 5

Oh. I thought that was common knowledge.

My wife and I had a reality show called "Big Brooklyn Style" that aired on TLC. When TLC still was sort of "The Learning Channel" and not all about Honey Boo Boo, people that eat their couches and having sex that puts them in the hospital.

I used to talk about it at TWOP all the time before Howard banned me for something or other that I still don't understand.

I was tempted to speak to the discussion of Vicki's style but I want to respect Lisin's boundaries.

• Love 5

My wife and I had a reality show called "Big Brooklyn Style" that aired on TLC. When TLC still was sort of "The Learning Channel" and not all about Honey Boo Boo, people that eat their couches and having sex that puts them in the hospital.

I used to talk about it at TWOP all the time before Howard banned me for something or other that I still don't understand.

I was tempted to speak to the discussion of Vicki's style but I want to respect Lisin's boundaries.

The scripted part, yes, that's common knowledge (I think). I just found it interesting that you had your own show. I Googled, and it looked like it was pretty cool :)

• Love 1

We thought it was pretty cool but I guess America didn't agree. We did what we were supposed to do which was hold 75% of WNTW's audience but that wasn't good enough.

We are doing great in Australia and Europe. I think we just hit the end of the make over show cycle as the mother ship "What Not to Wear" was also canceled. 

• Love 3

Oh how cool!  ::whines:: I wannnnnnna show?!

I think if there was a general consensus about Vicki, it was that her style non-work style is no bueno, but she shouldn't let that influence how she feels about her body.   I didn't get mine in, so if it hasn't been said before, those silver sparkling Jimmy Choos she was showing to Tamra in her office?  Just why?    mkaythatsitIswear.

We thought it was pretty cool but I guess America didn't agree. We did what we were supposed to do which was hold 75% of WNTW's audience but that wasn't good enough.

We are doing great in Australia and Europe. I think we just hit the end of the make over show cycle as the mother ship "What Not to Wear" was also canceled.

Yep. Seems like timing was a factor. I was secretly hoping for you to say the content was more salacious, feeding my nosey gossipy side, but when you said that it was with your wife and when I saw the article and some pics on Google, I was glad it wasn't. Hopefully you'll continue to be popular overseas.

Well the concept changed a whole bunch from what we sold to what they wanted. It would have been a lot more interesting if they would have followed the storylines that we wanted to do instead of what the network demanded. 

We are in the process of creating our own webisodes that have nothing to do with the show but will follow our vision.

The one thing you have to realize is that the people who run reality shows really have contempt for the people who are on them. No one illustrates that as clearly as Andy Cohen.

• Love 7
(edited)

My wife and I had a reality show called "Big Brooklyn Style" that aired on TLC.

That's so cool, Trooper York !  I'm so sad I never got to see your show, but happy to have a very qualified authority on reality shows & fashion right here on PT boards. 

Pretty please take it to the Vicki thread !!!  Would love to hear your thoughts.

Edited by jnymph

@Trooper York passing you a shortbread cookie as we continue the small talk here. You validate what I felt about the way reality shows work so thank you for sharing your interesting experiences.

[small voice] One thing I've noticed here on PTV is thread drift is frowned upon and sadly I've been an offender of that several times already but at least that I understand it unlike boards on boards. [/sv]

The one thing you have to realize is that the people who run reality shows really have contempt for the people who are on them. No one illustrates that as clearly as Andy Cohen.

I have always felt that Andy Cohen and everyone else responsible for the RH shows are determined to show women in the worst possible light.  What started out as a show that followed a few OC women around as they lived their daily lives has devolved into a series of contrived "get togethers" with constant petty bickering among people who have nothing to do with each other outside of the show. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Anybody else of the opinion that Andy is truly a misogynist? Anyone called him that to his face yet?? Raises hand and volunteers.....

Edited by leisawoo
  • Love 4

Here's the thing. My show was about empowering woman and the producer hated women and wanted them to be humiliated. The network hung us out to dry. You are in an impossible position. You sign up for a show expecting it to be one thing and it turns into something else. You are stuck. What can you do? Quit. Well you are not going to that. You grind it out and refuse to do what they want you to do. Caroline Manzo told me that they can only show what you give them. But if you film for ten hours a day you are going to slip. Sometimes it is easy to just do what they ask. 

Dance monkey dance!

We dress women from sizes 10 to 28 in our store. That was the basis of our show. We had been on What Not to Wear about twenty two times until we got our own show. We specifically didn't want to do a "plus-size" What Not to Wear. But that is what the network wanted.

Vicki specific problem as others have said is that she wants to dress in clothing that just does not fit. She has rockin' curves and we can dress her in way that would be very sexy but age appropriate.

Of course it is my contention that people in California have no idea how to dress. (See Kyle Richards et al)

• Love 3