Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: I'm Just A Bill

With Rowan back in town, the stakes are at an all-time high for the team trying to take down B613. Meanwhile, Olivia gets a call that the mayor’s wife has been murdered and is asked to take on the case. Back in the White House, Fitz needs help getting a very important bill to pass, but when he looks to the VP for support, she proves that she’s not an easy pushover like everyone once thought.

If Jake's not really dead after all those stab wounds, I'll be really mad. That's a whole other level of unrealistic. I was just rolling my eyes at David raising a glass and claiming Jake as a white hat after what David knows what happened the night James was murdered by him and the other half a dozen times James threatened David. Then he's stabbed a billion times. 

Rowan's speech to start the show had me tuning out after a few seconds. 

Love the VP forcing Fitz to remake the bill and she's smart to figure out Mellie's plan. I think she's going to be a good VP opponent. 

Olivia's bedmate being a plant from her father, shocker...not. 

I like Marcus, he's a keeper. Loved the scene between him and Olivia at the police station when he was brought in.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 8

Wow! That ending was like...oldskool Scandal.

Interestingly, from what I saw of Twitter, only #Scandal trended tonight (and Brian White), but no individual character names, no plot twists, no OMG reactions. I think this was necessary, but I feel like it was a half-season too late. It's too bad, because I liked this episode and B613 going down in flames (as it really, really has to now) is long overdue, and I think will be very satisfying (if and) when it happens.

The problem is it's long overdue. They waited too long. Much. Too. Long. [/Papa Pope voice]

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 11

Hard for me to believe that Jake is really dead, but maybe he is. Goodness knows that he should have never lasted this long. David toasting him as a white hat after Jake murdered James is a new low for this show though.

Good to see the actor who played Frankie on All My Children is getting prime time work.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Awful. Just awful. I can only imagine how much worse I would have thought it was if I hadn't gotten home late and only started watching at the 12 minute mark, thereby completely missing Rowan throwing out the opening speech. 

I did show up at that point, and the first thing I see is Huck and Quinn dismembering the body. Quinn with a stupid grin on her face. Call me crazy. but wouldn't Marcus (?) coming clean at the end still put him, and especially Liv, Schmuck and Potato Face, in a world of legal trouble? He may not have killed her, put dismembering and disposing of the body is still a big no-no, is it not. Oh wait, I confused this with something that remotely resembled the real world again. I gotta stop doing that. In Shondaland, Liv will never face any repercussions and it will be completely forgotten. Because, you know, White Hats People!

If I wasn't a Mellie hater before this (and make no doubt, I most certainly am), I would be after she said in her speech (paraphrasing here) "Virginia has a long history of great representation in the Senate, from James Monroe to Susan Ross!"

From James Monroe to Susan Ross?! Fuck you Mellie. 

As for the ending scene, not surprised and I don't care. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 3

Not surprised Jake is dead. If you are getting rid of B-613, every part of it needs to go. The issue is what to do with the many remaining problematic characters.

I still think at the very least Huck's family are done for, and at least one more "White Hat" has to go, either David, Huck or Quinn. The loss has to be real and the show desperately needs an overhaul.

Mellie's good-ole Southern Redneck Republican roots are showing more and more each day.

• Love 5

The issue is what to do with the many remaining problematic characters.

I still think at the very least Huck's family are done for, and at least one more "White Hat" has to go, either David, Huck or Quinn..

I so hope it will be both Huck and Quinn. Can't stand either one of them.

Forgive my inattention, but was that Olivia's lover who stabbed Jake?

• Love 1

Yes, that was him.

I'm guessing if he's really dead, they'll be "Scott Foley leaving" articles soon or after the west coast airing.

Edited by Artsda

I still don't get how Mellie is going to win a state election in Virginia. Has no one told her or Shonda that Virginia has become a blue state?

Scandal takes place in a parallel universe where 80% of America is Republican and only a handful of states are Democratic.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 5

Susan and Marcus was the best part of this episode. I cracked up laughing when Fitz tried to intimidate her. She didn't seem the least bit scared.

All I could think of when Marcus turned himself in was, PLEASE DON'T GO TO WORK WITH THOSE MONSTERS!

• Love 2

"You are a fetus in the world of Washington politics".  

I liked the double twist of Olivia's boyfriend being a B613 agent.  And they killed off Jake.  That's sure to make Tumblr happy.

They kind of telegraphed the "boyfriend as a Rowan plant" with the editing of Rowan's showing up with him at the door last episode (and the ominous look on the actor's face), so glad that's out of the way.

About time Jake's gone - they clearly don't know what to do with him at this stage, and I can't feel badly about the character dying for all the obvious reasons. Guessing Shonda will find some guest or recurring role for him on HIMYM in the middle of next season, unless Scott Foley has fallen out of favor. That's all that kept him on Scandal for so long, once his own character ran out of plot.

Not sure how there wasn't even mention of how the mayor's wife's body came to have gone missing, with the crime scene cleaned up. That is also a crime, though more for Pope's firm than Marcus specifically.

Still enjoying the VP, aside from how utterly unrealistic it is to do right and FIX A BILL.

They kind of telegraphed the "boyfriend as a Rowan plant" with the editing of Rowan's showing up with him at the door last episode (and the ominous look on the actor's face), so glad that's out of the way.

About time Jake's gone - they clearly don't know what to do with him at this stage, and I can't feel badly about the character dying for all the obvious reasons. Guessing Shonda will find some guest or recurring role for him on HIMYM in the middle of next season, unless Scott Foley has fallen out of favor. That's all that kept him on Scandal for so long, once his own character ran out of plot.

Not sure how there wasn't even mention of how the mayor's wife's body came to have gone missing, with the crime scene cleaned up. That is also a crime, though more for Pope's firm than Marcus specifically.

Still enjoying the VP, aside from how utterly unrealistic it is to do right and FIX A BILL.

If Jake's not really dead after all those stab wounds, I'll be really mad. That's a whole other level of unrealistic. I was just rolling my eyes at David raising a glass and claiming Jake as a white hat after what David knows what happened the night James was murdered by him and the other half a dozen times James threatened David. Then he's stabbed a billion times.

If Jake's truly dead, I take back what I said last week about the show not being willing to actually kill off major characters.  If Jake is not dead and they find some stupid way to explain him not being dead (like "it was all a staged trick to get Rowan" or "luckily he got stabbed eight hundred times in exactly the places that won't kill him"), I simply give up.

Scandal takes place in a parallel universe where 80% of America is Republican and only a handful of states are Democratic.

And where Republican presidents support gun control, gay rights, and stronger oversight of police.  In other words, Fantasyland.

• Love 11

Awful. Just awful. I can only imagine how much worse I would have thought it was if I hadn't gotten home late and only started watching at the 12 minute mark, thereby completely missing Rowan throwing out the opening speech.

Lucky you.  My ears were crying because I put them through that.

Dear Shondra - if you are killing off cast members, please make sure Huck's name is on the list.  High on the list.   Like next. 

I don't know why I'm watching this anymore, I guess because there's only a few   episodes left.  But the overacting (and not just Papa Pope) is getting silly.   Kerry Washington is just as bad sometimes.

• Love 4

Give the episode 3 out of 5 stars.  

What I liked was VP Ross and her absolute refusal to be swayed from her quest to understand the bill and then once she understood how weak it was to do what she had to do to make it better.  I bought every bit of that.  I also liked the noble albeit predictable confession by the mayoral candidate and Liv's exhortations of him afterwards that he's still on the right path, unlike her obviously.  Quinn and Huck dismantling the mayor's wife made me queasy, especially to a cheerful disco song.  I flashed back to their apparent joy in their work when everyone was toasting themselves in the end and thought oh, fuck you, too, all of you.  I thought Liv's speechifying the police chief was overdone and unnecessary, though.  He's a little fish in a big pond and not worthy of the full Pope treatment.  

Apparently Scott Foley tweeted this last night:

"So, there it is. Thank you Twitter for tonight and all of the Thursday nights. It's such an honor. #Scandal"

Edited by mwell345

Bye Jake. I have nothing against Scott Foley but I'm glad to see Jake go. I'm glad for the removal of anything B-613 related.

And I have to go back to something I wrote after "The Lawn Chair"

As others have said, I'd love to see [Marcus] come on as a new gladiator but Liv only gets gladiators from the Island of Misfit Toys so the only way I would see that happening would be for Liv to find out he's in some kind of trouble and swoop in.

Fingers crossed that I was right because I'd really love to see Cornelius Smith join the show as a regular.

Guess there's going to be no more walking in the sun.

I know pretty much everyone is tired of Papa Pope's speechifying, but I have to give him credit where it's due. Liv has been unwittingly or no hooking up with people who increasingly are puppets/mirror images of Daddy. 

Although as far as I know, Edison was a good man, he was an older black man who was in power as a senator and who specifically had "oversight" over spying.

And Fitz, Jake and now whatshisface are all B613 tools. It's kind of gross when you figure that the last two were basically put in Olivia's orbit by Rowan.

I did show up at that point, and the first thing I see is Huck and Quinn dismembering the body. Quinn with a stupid grin on her face. Call me crazy. but wouldn't Marcus (?) coming clean at the end still put him, and especially Liv, Schmuck and Potato Face, in a world of legal trouble? He may not have killed her, put dismembering and disposing of the body is still a big no-no, is it not. Oh wait, I confused this with something that remotely resembled the real world again. I gotta stop doing that. In Shondaland, Liv will never face any repercussions and it will be completely forgotten. Because, you know, White Hats People!

It depends on how much truth Marcus came up with. I'm assuming he didn't say "I was there AND I had my fixer clean up the crime scene." I'm sure between him and Liv he can come up with a story with half-truths and omissions that is plausible enough. 

For instance, he could say that he was physically there during the killing, heard a man being called "Mickey," left shortly after the killers left, was too scared to call the po-po given his antagonistic relationship with them, and doesn't know who cleaned up the crime scene. He later learned about the incriminating e-mails planted on his account, and that one of Mayor Murderer's henchmen is nicknamed Mickey. 

Or he could say once he was not-arrested, it seemed clear to him who would have had the motive to kill the wife and to frame him.

Btw, another politician, another murderer. It's only a matter of time before Susan Ross gets her first kill in.

Scandal takes place in a parallel universe where 80% of America is Republican and only a handful of states are Democratic.

A parallel universe, but not quite that. It's a parallel universe where a Republican from California needs to rig votes to win an election, and where the Democratic Party is so incompetent that when one of its candidates has to drop out, it is unable to field a new candidate, reducing the race to a battle between an incumbent and his third party challenger.

• Love 1

Man.  I feel like the only one who liked Jake.  My only problem with Jake was his association with B613, i.e. the plot that ate the show.  As a boyfriend and a love interest for Olivia, I found him infinitely superior to effing Fitz, who self-pity and whining is basically the opposite of sexy to me.  If Jake is really dead--and I assume he is--I hope we get a new, interesting love interest for Olivia or that she stays single.  I really can't deal with any more with the stupid "pity me that I'm the president and am forced to cheat on my wife" panda faces from Fitz.  

I would have preferred to keep Jake and just pretend B613 never existed.

If we're taking votes on who to kill off next, all of mine go to Rowan.  I've been muting him for ages.  

• Love 15

Oh, for cripe's sake,

this made me giggle so hard.

this show is lucky there are NHL playoffs. something to do during the commercials. 

Edited by thewhiteowl
removed spoiler
  • Love 1

How is Jake dead, but Huck is still alive? And freaking Rowan? Wheres the justice? 

Jake is probably alive though. Because this plot will NEVER EVER END! It was the B613 plot that never ends! And it goes on and on my friends! 

Rowan`s speeches are just funny now. 

On the plus side, the "I`m just a bill" song from School House Rock is stuck in my head! 

Edited by tennisgurl

Liv spends a lot of time arguing with her father and her latest client over what it means to do the right thing. Kim doesn't know why they didn't just call up Spike Lee unless he was too busy doing commercials with Charles Barkley and Sam Jackson.

Read the story

I'm getting a little tired of the "fixing a murder" plotine by disposing of the body and then immediately realizing, "Oops! Now we can't prosecute the real killer, so let's come up with a convoluted plan to cover up OUR coverup ." It feels like they've done this at least 17 times on this show, but maybe it's only been a couple of times.

I fell sleeep during this show, but Shonda's "old school hit of the week" musical wrap-up woke me up, as is typical more often than not with this show. So, is the VP still reading that damn bill, or did she vote for or against it?

I saw the part where Marcus said that the mayor had his wife killed and he was having an affair with her, but how in the world did they explain away what happened to the body after he witnessed the murder? And during the musical wrap-up, it looked like he walked out the door to throngs of cheering townsfolk, so did he immediately become mayor anyway in some sort of battle of the bands type vote: loudest cheers from the crowd is the winner?

Glad I woke up in time to see Liv's new beau off her old one. (RIP, Jake. Fitz gets my shipping here, but I still think Felicity should have chosen you as Noel!)  But that's pretty creepy that Rowan had the guy go seduce his daughter. But the way he always goes on about her magical vagina crippling nations and whatnot, I'm surprised he didn't think his croney was going to fall under her spell, too, and double-cross him. Dear lord, that's totally going to happen, isn't it?!?

And speaking of Rowan going on and on, it seemed like his speech at the beginning was at least 15 minutes long, but I looked at my clock when I couldn't handle any more droning on, and it was only 9:03 by the time that scene wrapped up. 

• Love 5

I'm getting a little tired of the "fixing a murder" plotine by disposing of the body and then immediately realizing, "Oops! Now we can't prosecute the real killer, so let's come up with a convoluted plan to cover up OUR coverup ." It feels like they've done this at least 17 times on this show, but maybe it's only been a couple of times.

I swear we've seen them walk in on a blood covered bedroom at LEAST 5 times now. Are they any scandals that don't involve murder, sex or someone being secretly gay? Could they at least put a twist on it? I mean, who didn't know that the mayor was behind his wife's murder the second they showed his face?

Also way to ruin a potential love interest (or just a potentially interesting character period) for Olivia in Marcus. Cornelius Smith Jr. is hot and a good actor and his character was a genuinely good person. So naturally they stick him this cliche affair/murder plot. Also, the MAYOR of DC is responsible for the murder of his wife and the president has nothing to say about? Is the White House plot is a separate world now?

How many time must we hear Rowan prattle on about how he knows Olivia and how she's not good enough and blah blah blah shut up.

The only parts I liked were the parts with Susan Ross. She's awesome. More her, less everyone else.

• Love 5

It depends on how much truth Marcus came up with. I'm assuming he didn't say "I was there AND I had my fixer clean up the crime scene." I'm sure between him and Liv he can come up with a story with half-truths and omissions that is plausible enough.

For instance, he could say that he was physically there during the killing, heard a man being called "Mickey," left shortly after the killers left, was too scared to call the po-po given his antagonistic relationship with them, and doesn't know who cleaned up the crime scene. He later learned about the incriminating e-mails planted on his account, and that one of Mayor Murderer's henchmen is nicknamed Mickey.

Or he could say once he was not-arrested, it seemed clear to him who would have had the motive to kill the wife and to frame him.

Problem is, that only works if the Mayor rolls over and doesn't put up a fight. But why wouldn't he fight back? After all, how good is an accusation of murder when there is no body or a crime scene?

Without either, Marcus has a lot of explaining to do. And covering up for OPA just makes that explaining all the more convoluted. I mean the idea that he witnessed the murder, saw the killers leave, left himself, did not report the crime, and then amazingly someone else, someone non-white hatted, came and cleaned up the crime scene afterwards, is fishy as hell. Especially if he is going to claim that the intention of the murder was to frame him. Why would they dispose of the evidence entirely if they were trying to frame him for murder. If he goes the protect Olivia route, all he is really doing is saying that he was at the crime scene, but he didn't do it. And the only thing more guilty sounding than that is a confession. In any case, none of that is going to put the Mayor in jail.

If Marcus wanted justice, and to do the right thing, which is what the episode was supposedly all about, he needed to come clean completely. And if he did so, Liv is in some serious trouble.

But of course this is Scandal, and in this universe, anything unexplainable can in fact be explained by saying a white hat wearing bitch baby did it.

• Love 3

I fell sleeep during this show, but Shonda's "old school hit of the week" musical wrap-up woke me up, as is typical more often than not with this show. So, is the VP still reading that damn bill, or did she vote for or against it?

Fitz tried to bully VP into signing the 1200 page bill as is to give him the win he wanted, and she shoved right back that no, she wasn't going to sign the wimpy version of the bill. So they joined forces to withdraw the current bill and then submit a stronger bill with alleged teeth.

Which of course speaks to the lack of leadership of Fitz in the first place. There was no reason for this bill to be 1200 pages or for it not to have teeth originally. He could have made sure of these things before trying to ram it through. 

Now he is going to have to explain to the 49 senators who voted for it "Oops!" and worry if any of them are going to defect.

Problem is, that only works if the Mayor rolls over and doesn't put up a fight. But why wouldn't he fight back? After all, how good is an accusation of murder when there is no body or a crime scene?

There certainly have been real-life murders prosecuted without murders or crime scenes.

And in this case, there is certainly evidence that could lead to the Mayor. He quasi-confessed in front of Olivia and Marcus when he said "She had it coming."

The IP trail of the fake messages "sent" by Marcus goes to the Mayor's office, and the GPS on Mickey's vehicle shows he was at the Mayor's house at the time of the murder. OPA found these things out illegally, but I'm sure that authorities investigating this could get the evidence above-ground and in admissible form.

Mickey at a minimum is implicated, and either he or the two other co-conspirators might roll over if they know what's good for them.

As to who cleaned up the murder scene or what happened to the body, the prosecutors might just leave that a mystery, or they may just assume that one of the minions did the clean up, or Mayor changed his mind and had other minions do it, or even Mayor himself.

I'm not saying it would be easy prosecuting Mayor if he chose to contest the charges. But it's certainly feasible.

• Love 1

It just seems to simple to show a major cast member being killed in a preview. I still say something is off. Even if he tweeted it..could there be a twist? Dream sequence..yes I am hung up on it being a dream! Maybe Jake knows the guy is bad news and dreams the guy meets up with him and kills him and he wakes up shaking? I don't think we have seen the last of Jake. Just my two cents and I could be dead wrong of course. Get it  dead wrong hahahaha I still think Jake will be back to play!

Edited by HappilyEverAfter
  • Love 1
the hammering dead bodies

That sound-effect-enhanced chopping up and cracking the bones of dead bodies has been done (much better) this season on Better Call Saul and The Americans. At least Shonda's stealing from the best.

Olivia's bedmate being a plant from her father, shocker...not.

No kidding. I don't know how Olivia manages to maintain any sanity knowing that her father keeps using his men to try to honey trap her. It's no wonder she thinks that walking bundle of fail known as Fitz is the best she can do.

I still think at the very least Huck's family are done for, and at least one more "White Hat" has to go, either David, Huck or Quinn. The loss has to be real and the show desperately needs an overhaul.

ICAM. Huck definitely needs to go but I could live with Quinn and David staying. I'd hate to see Huck's family have to die for his sins. Hopefully they can go into witness protection or something similar.

Mellie's good-ole Southern Redneck Republican roots are showing more and more each day.

In the premiere episode didn't Mellie wear a Scarlett O'Hara-esque gown straight out of Gone with the Wind? I don't think her roots have ever been far from the surface.

I thought Liv's speechifying the police chief was overdone and unnecessary, though.  He's a little fish in a big pond and not worthy of the full Pope treatment. 

It probably was for the Emmy reel, just like pretty much everything Rowan says.

• Love 3

that was horrible. I didn't pay attention to the speeches, and hated the casual disposal of a body. 

on The Americans, they didn't play chipper music and have the characters act like it was fun, and a normal day. 

• Love 2

Whoever called B-613 the Plot That Ate The Show had it exactly right. After 4 years, we know the good guys are ultimately going to lose, the reprehensible elements of the show are going to win and the country will go on about its business. If a single word of B-613 found its way to the Washington Post the country would basically fall apart in a matter of days. A hint of something like that would bring about a media navel-gaze of biblical proportions that would overshadow everything. So it has to stay. Rowan has to stay because he's the big foil to Olivia and Fitz. Mellie and Cyrus aren't going anywhere, neither is Fitz, though they all have bodies on them up the wazoo. So B613 can't go anywhere. Stalemate.

Please, show, prove me wrong, because I'm effin' sick of the whole thing. I want to see orange jumpsuits being handed out to the lot of them.

• Love 4
There certainly have been real-life murders prosecuted without murders or crime scenes.

And in this case, there is certainly evidence that could lead to the Mayor. He quasi-confessed in front of Olivia and Marcus when he said "She had it coming."

The IP trail of the fake messages "sent" by Marcus goes to the Mayor's office, and the GPS on Mickey's vehicle shows he was at the Mayor's house at the time of the murder. OPA found these things out illegally, but I'm sure that authorities investigating this could get the evidence above-ground and in admissible form.

Mickey at a minimum is implicated, and either he or the two other co-conspirators might roll over if they know what's good for them.

As to who cleaned up the murder scene or what happened to the body, the prosecutors might just leave that a mystery, or they may just assume that one of the minions did the clean up, or Mayor changed his mind and had other minions do it, or even Mayor himself.

I'm not saying it would be easy prosecuting Mayor if he chose to contest the charges. But it's certainly feasible.

Excellent points. But what I was trying to convey was less about the odds the Mayor gets convicted, and more about keeping OPA's part in this quiet. Perhaps Marcus can keep the silence, but the best way to keep the silence would have been to keep his word with the deal Olivia worked out. Accusing the Mayor opens everything and everyone, including and especially Marcus, to investigation. Not to mention intense public scrutiny. I mean the Mayoral race of a major city just became a murder mystery. That isn't going to just fade away. So he will be under the spotlight, and maybe he can get Olivia to spin like crazy how the body disappeared, but he did himself and Olivia no favors by doing the right thing. 

Every time Rowan or Olivia start one of their rants, I immediately think of Frozone's speech from The Incredible's about villains monologuing.  I just can't take it seriously anymore.  I seriously hope Shonda can pull this show out of the mess it is in, regroup and get it back on track.  

• Love 3

Im seriously bummed Russell is part of B613. He is hot and has wayyyyyy more chemistry with Olivia than both Fitz and Jake combined. What a total waste of a promising relationship.

Then again, I wonder what the point was of him going over to Olivia's to break up with her. He hesitated in coming in and said something about wanting "more" than just a fling. What if Olivia had agreed and told him to hit the road?

This show is so freaking over the top. Shonda is lucky I still watch soap operas and actually enjoy watching junk tv.

The thing I hate even more than B613? All this yammering about "the republic". I cant stand when Cyrus or Olivia go on and on about the precious republic.

• Love 3

The thing I hate even more than B613? All this yammering about "the republic". I cant stand when Cyrus or Olivia go on and on about the precious republic.

The attitude towards America citizens on this show is truly disgusting. Everyone including the so called white hats are constantly going on about how us poor plebes are just sheep who can't handle the truth about those in power, and it's up to the powerful to protect us from the truth. Olivia's speech about justice was probably the first time I've seen that narrative challenged in any way, but she and David were so self-congratulatory about it that even that didn't work.

I've never seen a show where the fandom wanted so many characters to just die off. And it's completely justified.

• Love 4

Out of all of this mess... I came away most worried about the way Mellie's dress was an exact match for the red curtain behind her when she was making her candidacy speech.  Heads on her campaign staff must roll!  

• Love 3

Man.  I feel like the only one who liked Jake.  My only problem with Jake was his association with B613, i.e. the plot that ate the show.  As a boyfriend and a love interest for Olivia, I found him infinitely superior to effing Fitz, who self-pity and whining is basically the opposite of sexy to me.  If Jake is really dead--and I assume he is--I hope we get a new, interesting love interest for Olivia or that she stays single.  I really can't deal with any more with the stupid "pity me that I'm the president and am forced to cheat on my wife" panda faces from Fitz. 

I liked Jake! I mean, it's a conditional like - I like him better than Fitz, because Fitz is the WORST. And I like Scott Foley, and enjoy having an opportunity to see him weekly on my television.

That being said, I do feel like Jake is really no longer useful to the overall plot. That makes me sad. but at the same time, I have to agree with the dude that killed him (or "killed" him) that his capabilities have maybe been oversold. I mean, his relationship with Olivia was also totally engineered by Papa Pope; sure, it started as a meet-cute in a coffeeshop rather than a hook-up in a bar, but still - he should have been suspicious of Olivia's totally random boyfriend/boytoy from day one.

That being said, I will be surprised if he's actually dead. When Will Gardner was killed off the Good Wife, the actor was interviewed all the hell over the place; apart from a carefully worded tweet, Scott Foley and Shonda have been silent. That seems suspicious.

I do really like the theory espoused by many of you that Marcus is going to be a new A at OPA. Although it's only one of many problems, I think the show has really sufferred since Harrison's departure (which, I fully support not wanting to work with that actor anymore), and I'm glad they're bringing in not just someone new, but somone who's been through a scandal but not, like, major torture.

Overall, I'd say this episode was really just a place filler, unless Jake's death turns out to be real. Which, I don't know. I just hope that, when the show gets around to killing Huck, it freakin' sticks.

Out of all of this mess... I came away most worried about the way Mellie's dress was an exact match for the red curtain behind her when she was making her candidacy speech.  Heads on her campaign staff must roll!  

LMAO!!!

I didn't catch the entire episode when it aired, so I rewatched on Hulu. As expected, Rowan's opening speech was just so excruciating. I kept wishing Joe Pesci, in full Goodfellas form, would stab Rowan in the back of the neck with an icepick and say "I'd thought he'd never shut the fuck up!"

One thing I noticed this second time watching was how amazing it was that the Mayor's home was so empty during the day that Liv, Huck and Quinn could do thier dirty work unmolested. 

Also, I know Marcus is a community activist running a grass roots campaign, but why doesn't he have his own people? He'd have people even if he was just some fringe candidate getting one-tenth of one percent of the vote. But he isn't a fringe candidate, he is leading in the polls by about 10 points. Which brings up the other thing that really should have worried Liv while she was making her insipid "do you see this man standing here" rant. The favorite in the Mayor's race has just been brought in by the police, dragged in against his will according to Liv. Where the hell was the media? 

But who cares about little details when they could show us Huck and Quinn whistling while they work, dismembering, desecrating and disposing of the body of a murder victim. All set to KC & the Sunshine Band. 

As an aside, though I have absolutely no information that would verify this, I am now certain that Susan Ross will foil Mellie's Presidential aspirations by getting the party's nomination, and then will be elected President herself. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 4

I still don't get how Mellie is going to win a state election in Virginia. Has no one told her or Shonda that Virginia has become a blue state?

Someone should also let her know that Virginians don't like to have it referred to as a "state." Mellie should have said "the great COMMONWEALTH of Virginia."

Guessing Shonda will find some guest or recurring role for him on HIMYM in the middle of next season,

"How I Met Your Mother"? Huh?