Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The B Is Back

• Start Topic

Just for shits and giggles, I checked rates at the Essex House.

For a Park Deluxe Suite w/Central Park views (not the Presidential Suite where she was staying), long term stay rate, the cost for JUST one week in June is almost $9,900.00!!  And Bethenny whines because she can't find a decent two bedroom apartment to even sublet short term while her new apartment is being renovated??  

• Love 5

For a Park Deluxe Suite w/Central Park views (not the Presidential Suite where she was staying), long term stay rate, the cost for JUST one week in June is almost $9,900.00!!  And Bethenny whines because she can't find a decent two bedroom apartment to even sublet short term while her new apartment is being renovated??

Her tweets indicated that the suite upgrade was totally due to filming.  So it sounded like Essex comped them because they were going to be on tv.

• Love 5

That's what I thought, too....I'm sure that the bellmen at the Essex House have dealt with much worse for far less.  Bethenny gives me the vibe that she is an excellent tipper.

My first thought when I watched that scene was perhaps the person she was asking was a butler rather than a bellman (a real possibility considering the fancy dancey suite), which would make the request not at all out of line. 

But more than $10K a week??  Homeless never looked so good.

• Love 3
Man, that scene with Ramona/Sonja told everything. Sonja had Penelope on SNL/one-up syndrome! About divorce! And Ramona kind of has you beat there, because she was married to the guy for a quarter of a century.

There is a nice way to commiserate with someone who is going through something, without making it sound like you're competing with them. Sonja has clearly never figured that out. And the fact that she wanted to act like what Ramona is going through RIGHT NOW, as it's all still fresh, is the same as what you ate still going through ten years later, is just the height of insensitivity. Move on already, Sonja. 

I have some sympathy for Ramona, but not much.  She wore out my sympathy when she flat out lied about Mario and the state of their marriage at last year's reunion and throughout the season.

She claimed on WWHL that Mario was very nasty to her, demanded she not speak about, and she was scared. That was the gist of it. Not saying that's the true story, but that's what she's saying.

• Love 5

I'm concerned about the dogs!. I know most people don't care, however this is an example of what Sonja truly is. She had the first white dog love of her life that died. Then last season she got another white dog that she was very mean to because that sweet dog wanted too much attention. Now she has the cute  brown dog who seems pretty mellow and more to her liking. So what happened to the other dog? If she got rid of it, I will continue to hate her forever.

Fellow dog lover here too, so I did a little sleuthing.  This was taken in December, so I'm assuming she still has Marley (the dog she seemed so dismissive of).  https://instagram.com/p/wurCHADBPP/

• Love 1

There is a nice way to commiserate with someone who is going through something, without making it sound like you're competing with them. Sonja has clearly never figured that out. And the fact that she wanted to act like what Ramona is going through RIGHT NOW, as it's all still fresh, is the same as what you ate still going through ten years later, is just the height of insensitivity. Move on already, Sonja.

I thought how Dorinda handled it was perfect compared to Sonja. She listened, she let Ramona vent without interrupting, sympathized and than shared her experience in.the context of giving advice. I like her, her daughter on the other hand is the worst and you can tell the daughter thinks she is awesome!

• Love 13

Fellow dog lover here too, so I did a little sleuthing.  This was taken in December, so I'm assuming she still has Marley (the dog she seemed so dismissive of).  https://instagram.com/p/wurCHADBPP/

What in the frickety frack is that a picture of?  Looks like there are 2 dogs in there but the headphones?  The horse pillow?  The cords, the fluff, the other fluff.

What the FLUFF????

• Love 5
(edited)

What in the frickety frack is that a picture of? Looks like there are 2 dogs in there but the headphones? The horse pillow? The cords, the fluff, the other fluff.

What the FLUFF????

My thoughts exactly. Looks like Rowlf is napping on the carcasses of dozens of sail dogs in an episode of Hoarders. Edited by charmed1
  • Love 4
I thought how Dorinda handled it was perfect compared to Sonja. She listened, she let Ramona vent without interrupting, sympathized and than shared her experience in.the context of giving advice. I like her, her daughter on the other hand is the worst and you can tell the daughter thinks she is awesome!

Yup, exactly. She was able to empathize without making it all "me, me, me". 

What in the frickety frack is that a picture of?  Looks like there are 2 dogs in there but the headphones?  The horse pillow?  The cords, the fluff, the other fluff.

Lol, there is way too much fluff in that picture for me to even attempt to make out what is what.

Bethenny is lying at a Kim Richards level. She could rent a beautiful furnished apartment for a month for the money she is spending on a weeks hotel stay.

Nice shade throwing at Jason. I bet the judge wants the baby to live in a stable environment. We know where that would be (not with Bethenny).

• Love 4

Last season was my first season of RHWNY, so I was spared the B years (I also never watched her tawk show).  It seemed to me she was firing questions like a Tawk Sho Host whenever she tried to interact with others.  Also?  Dorinda is the Hott Dogg that replaced Lil Bit from Party Down South.  Sorry, That's all I got folks. I need food.  More later.

• Love 1

Her tweets indicated that the suite upgrade was totally due to filming.  So it sounded like Essex comped them because they were going to be on tv.

Well that's more than her blog says about last night's premiere, It doesn't even mention the episode. Ironically it's titled "I am ready to reconnect." She is a complete joke right outa the gate. The blog is me me me me,  my new book, my microwave popcorn,  my daughter, my journey, my small apartment, my recasting on Housewives.

• Love 4

I am okay with the episode.

Bethenny is rentering the scene and doesnt have a house so of course that is going to be part of her storyline. It is what is happening in her life at the moment , same with Ramona, her divorce is what is happening to her so she obviously is going to talk about it the whole season and I am okay with it.

Yeah, I didn't have a huge issue with the "homeless" storyline. It's only the first episode, and for me it rates pretty low on the egregious-drama meter, so my eyes weren't rolling that much. It's basically one of those rich people "problems" most of us will never have, and so I didn't mind it for the fantasy/how-the-other-half-lives aspect of it.

Alas, I fear SonOy's sexy J has suffered the same fate as her reputation, her panties and her designer wardrobe: lost, discarded, and returned threadbare to the store for a refund

She doesn't wear panties.

• Love 3

What the FLUFF????

Kelly was right, Sonja's house is a mess and it looks dirty.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I didn't have a huge issue with the "homeless" storyline. It's only the first episode, and for me it rates pretty low on the egregious-drama meter, so my eyes weren't rolling that much. It's basically one of those rich people "problems" most of us will never have, and so I didn't mind it for the fantasy/how-the-other-half-lives aspect of it.

I think the "homeless" problem is probably a result of her attorney's advice not to establish a residence so that she still has claim to the home Jason is in, so it doesn't offend me much.

I think she was stoned in that scene.

Being stoned around her cast mates would be the smartest thing any one of these women has done. (Ok, "mellow stoned," not "Kim Richards I'm-sober-stoned"). Edited by jkat7
  • Love 8

Beth- well Beth is Beth. I feel sorry for her daughter and employees and anyone who has to deal with her for long periods of time. She needs to cut back on the Adderall and/or coke. My God the fast pace jabbering. I think she has adopted some tough businesswoman persona. I thought she was so hip and above the fuckery in her first seasons. Bitch buy an apartment. You could have mutliple places to live in multiple cities in a heartbeat. I am a committee member for an upcoming breakfast for a woman's homeless shelter  Her crying is an insult to women who escaped terrible situations with no money, no education and the clothes on their backs. She needs a bitch slap and a reality check. That fucking apartment you lived in for a few years is easy to get over to get rid of a bad person. It's Real Estate.

She was crying about real estate and being too old to have another baby, while barely mentioning the one she already has. If Jason's in the apartment with Bryn, and Bethenny's "homeless," it's because a judge signed off on that. It makes me think that Bethenny's playing with fire by continuing to famewhore on reality TV while this divorce case and/or custody issues could be pending.

• Love 4

If Jason's in the apartment with Bryn, and Bethenny's "homeless," it's because a judge signed off on that.

In NY until the judge signs off the residence is shared. If you are divorcing a douchebag he just lives there and unless you want to go into foreclosure you just keep paying until the judge does sign off the property agreement. See the movie War of the Roses for a look at how crazy it gets.

Different states have different rules.

• Love 5

I haven't heard or read anything about Jason being offered millions of dollars. I haven't read or heard anything about what the sticking point is in their divorce.

I get that Bethenny is fighting for her dream house. But she should put Brynns welfare above it. She needs a stable pkace. Rent a furnished apartment or stay long term in a hotel suite and give her that stability. Stop dragging her place to place just so she can play the poor me card. put on her big girl panties and set a good example for her kid.

Whining and crying isnt solving anything.

• Love 9
(edited)

I haven't heard or read anything about Jason being offered millions of dollars. I haven't read or heard anything about what the sticking point is in their divorce.

I get that Bethenny is fighting for her dream house. But she should put Brynns welfare above it. She needs a stable pkace. Rent a furnished apartment or stay long term in a hotel suite and give her that stability. Stop dragging her place to place just so she can play the poor me card. put on her big girl panties and set a good example for her kid.

Whining and crying isnt solving anything.

She is fighting for a multi-million dollar asset. She probably cannot legally establish a residence eslewhere without severely weakening her claim to the home that she busted her ass and shelled out significant cash for, which Jason refuses to leave. She is doing what she needs to do in the long run to secure her own future. Brynn can learn from that. And, what matters is the time each parent spends with Brynn and the love that they give her. Not where that occurs. Edited by jkat7
  • Love 12
(edited)
She probably cannot legaly establish a residence eslewhere without severely weakening her claim to the home that she busted her ass and shelled out significant cash for, which Jason refuses to leave.

She has a residence in the Hamptons and has purchased a place in SOHO that she is renovating so I don't this is about her not weakening her claim to the Tribeca loft.

It cracked me up when she talked about how she had designed every inch of the Tribeca loft and chosen every tile, etc and it cut to pictures of a totally personality free neutral place that was completely blah.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

For the life of me I can't remember the term for someone who walks with their feet out (think of a clock's hands at 10 minutes to 2) and their legs apart. There's a term for that and she fits it to a tee!!

Bowlegged!

• Love 4
(edited)

She has a residence in the Hamptons and has purchased a place in SOHO that she is renovating so I don't this is about her not weakening her claim to the Tribeca loft.

It cracked me up when she talked about how she had designed every inch of the Tribeca loft and chosen every tile, etc and it cut to pictures of a totally personality free neutral place that was completely blah.

Owning a property is not the same as establishing residence. I do agree her decor choices - while I like them - are completely nondescript. Edited by jkat7
  • Love 2

Listening to Beth I couldn't help but think of an article I read about Stacy London spending a summer in a hotel in NYC during a renovation.

Beth should read it, maybe she'd ratchet down a bit.

Just for shits and giggles, I checked rates at the Essex House.

For a Park Deluxe Suite w/Central Park views (not the Presidential Suite where she was staying), long term stay rate, the cost for JUST one week in June is almost $9,900.00!!  And Bethenny whines because she can't find a decent two bedroom apartment to even sublet short term while her new apartment is being renovated??

That pissed me off SO MUCH. I fell on hard times at one point and had to work my ass off to pay for my tiny efficiency in a shitty neighborhood -- and I had to get the lease co-signed for God's sake, how embarrassing -- and even that was lucky. You want me to endlessly drift from one penthouse suite to the next? No problem! I'll give my house to someone who needs it for free.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was looking forward to the return of Bethenny, as she was always one of my favorites (and I watched the spinoffs too) but yowzers! Way too Bethenny-centric an episode. Of course, as has been mentioned, her "poor little rich girl" schtick did come across very well. Had she skipped the "homeless" thing as said something like, "when I bought that apartment, I was so proud because of how hard I worked for it, and we were starting our lives together and I thought we'd raise our daughter there..." And there's part of me that can see her point of she worked so hard for it and now doesn't live there and being pissed, especially if she feels like Jason's resentment of her success was a factor in their split (not saying that it was in reality, only her perception.) In any case, not her finest hour and way too much of her.

I, for one, don't mind Kristin, particularly when it involves Radzi, Heather and cocktails. I foresee comic relief from them sparking on other HoWives in our future.

Dorinda, of Edie Falco looks and Jersey guido love tastes, will be Carmela in my mind.

And Sonja. Oh boy. You know, I used to enjoy her quirky out there-ness, but now it's just sad.

Edited by The Evil One
  • Love 5
(edited)

I was looking forward to the return of Bethenny, as she was always one of my favorites (and I watched the spinoffs too) but yowzers! Way too Bethenny-centric an episode. Of course, as has been mentioned, her "poor little rich girl" schtick did come across very well. Had she skipped the "homeless" thing as said something like, "when I bought that apartment, I was so proud because of how hard I worked for it, and we were starting our lives together and I thought we'd raise our daughter there..." And there's part of me that can see her point of she worked so hard for it and now doesn't live there and being pissed, especially if she feels like Jason's resentment of her success was a factor in their split (not saying that it was in reality, only her perception.) In any case, not her finest hour and way too much of her. <br /><br />I, for one, don't mind Kristin, particularly when it involves Radzi, Heather and cocktails. I foresee comic relief from them sparking on other HoWives in our future. <br /><br />Dorinda, of Edie Falco looks and Jersey guido love tastes, will be Carmela in my mind. <br /><br />And Sonja. Oh boy. You know, I used to enjoy her quirky out there-ness, but now it's just sad.

omg THAT'S who she looks like, it's been driving me crazy!  You should've seen me today pathetically reverse google imaging her pictures as if that would solve anything.

ETA -- woop! just noticed Dorinda's Edie-ness was pointed out early on in the thread, apologies for my slowness

Edited by JoJoPowerRanger
(edited)

Owning a property is not the same as establishing residence. I do agree her decor choices - while I like them - are completely nondescript.

I am aware of that but Bethanny moved out of the Tribeca loft over two years ago. She has not been living in hotel rooms that entire time and could very easily rent an apartment while her new place is undergoing renovations, it just wouldn't feed into her "homeless" schtick or look as cool as the Presidential Suite overlooking the park.

Hell it wouldn't surprise me if when she is not filming she is actually staying in short-term rental or a friends apartment and only goes to hotels so the show can film her "home life" because Brynn isn't allowed to be on the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

Bethenny must have found a place--there was a story not too long ago about Jason taking her to court over her sending in movers without letting him know--and they took a bunch of Bryn's stuff to Bethenny's and made the little girl cry.

Question for the New Yorkers on here: Lu traded Southampton (??) for Sag Harbor. In terms of location ( not property size) among those fa-a-abulous crowds, did she upgrade, downgrade or break even ?

OK, first off, Lu's house was in Bridgehampton.  Big difference from Southampton, where the most expensive real estate (along with East Hampton) is located.  Bridgehampton homes are mostly located inland & not so close to the beach.  Sag Harbor, while quite nice, is not located on the Atlantic Ocean, as are East Hampton & Southampton & a tiny portion of Bridgehampton.  Sag Harbor is located north, around the harbor.  As far as Lu's location change, I'd say she broke even.

I live on Long Island and I'd score Sag Harbor slightly higher than Bridgehampton.  

Bridgehampton can't compete with Southampton or East Hampton while Sag Harbor has a totally different look and feel and is in a class by itself.

• Love 2

I am not understanding the logic here.

So Bethenny does have the money to afford another apartment so she is supposed to do it quietly and never complain about it? Oh hell no.

Jason has been offered millions and is still fighting for more, they were married for merely two years, just as much as it is time for Bethenny to move on, it is time for Jason to stop milking the cow and get to work, there is absolutely nothing stopping him from doing it, he is a young, healthy male who will come out of this marriage with more millions that he could ever dream off, he will be able to afford a nice, small apartment but there he is fighting tooth and nails for something he knows is not his

I don't begrudge Bethenny being upset and her tears of frustrating rang true and are justified to some degree. She hustled and worked her ass off and as soon as it paid off, she has to fight battle after battle to hold onto it. But it's unfair to blame Jason for fighting for his portion of their marital assets IMO. If Jason had struck it rich during their brief marriage and B was still struggling I have absolutely no doubt she'd be doing the same thing he is. I guess I'm one of the rare people who watched her spinoffs and still liked both of them afterward. Less than before the spinoffs though. Neither of them came off great in those shows.

Last season was my first season of RHWNY, so I was spared the B years (I also never watched her tawk show).  It seemed to me she was firing questions like a Tawk Sho Host whenever she tried to interact with others.  Also?  Dorinda is the Hott Dogg that replaced Lil Bit from Party Down South.  Sorry, That's all I got folks. I need food.  More later.

She totally was firing off questions rapidfire but I kind of liked it! I like her so much better when she's focusing on others instead of herself.

• Love 2

Yeah, I didn't have a huge issue with the "homeless" storyline.

The storyline itself didn't bother me - it makes sense that things would be up in the air because of the pending divorce. Where I was a bit offended was the description of "being homeless", because fuck no, you're not homeless if you can afford a five star hotel  while you are being filmed for your reality show. Homeless is "can I get a bed tonight at the shelter or will I risk freezing to death" so Betthenny needs to check her fucking privilege and tone down calling herself homeless. I totally respect the concept that she's in an awkward, difficult position due to her pending divorce but the multiple scenes of her whining about being homeless as she's being driven around by a high end realtor was incredibly tone deaf. 

• Love 18

Bethenny has not moved out of her TriBeCa apartment two years ago, she was still living there when her talk show was cancelled, she has moved out of there probably a year ago, remember this is year three of the divorce proceedings.

The first year almost everybody was saying that Jason couldn't move because he would be accused of abandonment and his case for custody would be weakened, well, the custody was settled a year ago and he is still in the apartment and he will be there until the judge gives his final decision. The only reason why this divorce is taking so long is because Jason hired a financial forensic auditor to trace every last penny she makes so he can ask for more despite the fact that he signed a prenup.

Jason was married to her for about two years, he is going to come out of this marriage with more money than he could have ever made for himself but according to the divorce proceedings he was doing things unnecessarily difficult in the apartment so she had to leave or keep putting up with it. Luckily for her she has the money to do it and go to hotels , yet still has to burn that this situation is dragging forever.

Why is it only Bethenny accountable for the mental welfare of her daughter? Why is she the only one that has to tuck her tail between her legs and think about Bryn, what about knight in shining armor Jason, wasn't he an outstanding family oriented guy? At least that is how he portrayed himself on the show , yet when the moment of reality came up he IMO is showing his true colors, making things increasingly difficult and creating animosity, yet Bethenny is the one who should rise above and not dare to complain just because she now has money.

People with money also have feelings, yes, we all would love to have the money to spend nights at the presidential suite of some fancy hotel but at the end of the day any regular person wants to get to a place that is home, for Bethenny that place was her TriBeCa apartment and she is struggling with getting use to the idea that that place no longer will be her home even after Jason leaves, way too many bad memories now.

Since I don't have the dates memorized I was apparently going by the first time she moved out of the loft in 1/2013. However, several of the articles from 3/14 list that she was renting an apartment just down the street after she moved out so clearly she wasn't worried about renting before the filming of this show.

• Love 1

Damn it, I'm out of likes for the day. In a way I'm happy that NY has started but I also sort of wish that it had premiered on the night of the BH lost footage episode. There's too much to keep up with!

My favorite moment of the episode was seeing Kristen's daughter Kingsley happily walking around. What a relief that must be to her parents.

Bethenny got a few eyerolls from me. I didn't watch Bethenny Ever After or her talk show or anything so I didn't really grow to dislike her. I'd heard and read a few things but I'm already giving her the side eye now and we're only one episode in. I was glad to hear that she was coming back and I still think that she'll bring some humor into the show but from her perspective I have to think that this was a huge mistake. I won't be surprised if her popularity takes a hit in comparison to how it was when she last appeared on the show.

I don't know what to think of the new woman yet but I did feel a pang when I realized that she's a widow. One episode in though and she's admitting that she's turned her daughter into a "monster". Not sure what to think about that but the daughter does seem to be a bit much. 

Luann seems to be in a good place. I can't even really remember why she and Sonja are on the outs. 

I still like Carole but I was unimpressed with comment about the vodka, cucumber, butter diet.

Seeing Sonja with a new batch of interns annoyed me. 

I'm in for this season but I can sort of understand why this show is struggling. 

• Love 2

I couldn't really feel too sorry for Bethany...why not just rent a place until her new place is "done"? I guess no one buys in NYC without renovating first? You would think by now, all the apartments would have been renovated inside already...living in hotels is not the only option and also, not exactly a hardship. I wouldn't live anywhere else, if I had money.

Sonja is a selfish, self-absorbed B. No ones cares about her 9.5 year marriage that end over ten years ago. She had her pity parties, let Ramona have hers. Ramona is going through a huge shock, due to her total blinders regarding Mario. And they should not be dragging Avery into their marital mess. That is not for a child to hear. So Mario had a mid-life crisis-how original.

Carol has become awfully full of herself over the years. And Kristen always has been. She has to use "pretty" every time she refers to herself? Is she that insecure? Her little girl is cute though, for now. If she takes after Josh, that could be another story.

• Love 3
(edited)

Also, Carole needs to stop referring to herself as a "girl". I am her age and it just doesn't work. It makes people notice your age more, if anything. I think "girl" needs to be retired at 21...men don't refer to themselves as "boys" very often...and no one thinks of fifty-year old men as boys, that is for sure.

Edited by Bebecat
  • Love 6
(edited)
The only real person of note who lives in Sag Harbor is Caroline Kennedy.   Correct me if I am wrong.       Anyone know where Ramona's house is located?

It has always looked outdated both outside and inside, but the backyard is quite nice.

I think Moaner's house is in Southampton.  I thought her place was beautiful.  Very classic style, but typical of homes in the area.  And I believe the style is restricted by local laws, or must be approved by local committees.  Sag Harbor is gorgeous & there are plenty of very wealthy people there.  But Bridgehampton is beautiful too.  Real estate values in both areas are quite high now, but nowhere near what they run in Southampton & East Hampton.  Lu did well with the sale of her house, but Moaner & Mario, I have no doubt, will do even better selling theirs.

Still, after watching the RHOBH reunion that was full of toxicity and emotional trauma, I'm really looking forward to RHONY. There was an ample amount of fashion and house porn (the views from Bethenny's hotel! The Balmain dress and Fendi bag!), but yet what a lot of these are woman are going through is a universal experience.

Fashion & house porn?  What the what?  On this show, with this piss poor crowd?  OK, they're not exactly piss poor, but believe me, they are in comparison to some of the billionaire crowd that really does live in this city.  Don't be fooled about Beths.  She doesn't dress all that great.  She wears some designer stuff, but I'm not impressed.  

Entertainment Tonight just showed Amal Clooney stepping outta some fancy Italian joint on the Upper East Side & they noted her outfit -- just-off-the runway cream Gucci skirt for a thou, brand-spanking-new Balenciaga bag at $2,800, Jimmy Choo pumps, $1200 & orange silk just-out YSL blouse for a cool $1500.  Now, she looked absolutely incredible & so cool & casual in her little lunching outfit worth $6500.  Now that's fashion porn.  Bethenny?  Meh.

And who else here could offer fashion porn?  Carole?  Please.  In her prairie dress from last season?  Man, I've had it with Carole.  Thanks for telling us you're attracted to attractive men, Carole.  Now, fuck off, hun.  You're really annoying me.  Smart women acting like idiots annoy me.  Sonja might have offered some fashion porn -- if it was 1995.  But it ain't.  Altho maybe it is in Sonja's fucked up head.  Can Moaner offer fashion porn?  Eh, like the rest of 'em, she dresses OK, but nothing memorable.  I do like to watch Lu cuz I think she always looks pulled together & chic.  And that's commendable, since too many people in the city dress like crap.

House Porn?  I didn't see it in this ep.  And I don't think we're gonna see it.  This is the wrong show for that.  For NYC house porn, follow Fredrik & the rest of that crew in his show.  Now, they show NYC house porn.  Sonja's pathetic little dump in the midst of vast construction (going on all around her tiny townhouse) is not great.  Moaner's place is unimpressive.  Same can be said for the places of the rest of 'em.  Certainly, they all have nice places, but none are house porn.

And Bethenny staying at The Essex House really made me go -- WTF?  OK, sure, she got a nice view.  Big woo.  I can think of at least 20 other hotels she coulda stayed, where she could get a nice view, but they're way more luxurious than The Essex House.  I wonder if she got a special rate because it was featured on the show.  Wouldn't be surprised at all.  Look, The Essex House is OK, but let's just say it certainly ain't the coolest, trendiest, chicest or celebrity-infested place in town.  Er, far from it.  And we know our gal Beths cares a lot about this kinda shit.

I forgot about it, but back in October, when Oscar de la Renta died, Bethenny tweeted a rather tactless comment about him.  I don't remember what it was exactly -- only that it made her seem very thoughtless & impervious to how this comment would be to Oscar's family.  So here Bethenny was sorta trying to explain her boorish behavior, but the only explanation I got was that she was just being herself.  OK then.  So you haven't changed, Beth, & you know you're horrible & won't easily apologize for being horrible.  Sounds like the Moaner to me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6
(edited)

I honestly don't get all the vitriol directed at Bethenny on this board. I understand why she's so upset about the apartment situation. It doesn't matter that she can afford to stay somewhere else, or to buy an even grander place to live. Bethenny was broke, and she worked really hard to get what she finally got. That apartment was something she built, piece by piece, and paid for with the money she earned through her own cleverness and hard work. That makes it more than an apartment; it's her first major representation of a hard-won success. To then be forced out of it by someone to whom the apartment is just an apartment, someone who didn't participate in any material way in building the fortune that paid for the apartment, has got to be incredibly galling. Yes, sure she can afford to find another place to live. But no other place is going to mean as much to Bethenny or represent what this apartment Jason's holding hostage represents for her. I'm actually really surprised more people here don't get that.

I think it's the way Bethenny phrases certain things that rubbed me the wrong way. It's like 'jeez, lady, you aren't homeless, and temporarily having to live in the presidential suite of a nice hotel just isn't something that's worth crying over in my opinion.' I can understand her frustrations with her divorce and Jason having the apartment that she worked for but I think I would have had a better response if it didn't come across in such a woe as me way. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 10

If Bethenny wants to use the platform the show provides her to lament the stalemate that's arisen over the TriBeCa apartment, more power to her. The premise of the program is all about the women sharing their perspectives on what's happening with their lives. However, a significant part of her complaints in this episode were not about that subject in sum. The angst went on and on and on. Though, of course, that's attributable somewhat to editing, the reality is that Bethenny is not "homeless," nor, as others have pointed out, does she have to live in a hotel. If it makes her unhappy to care for Bryn on Central Park South, ten thou a month would net her an insane apartment. The demise of marriages make people unhappy, but I was more sympathetic to her regret that circumstances had made the person she wed a veritable stranger. . . I feel like Andy lets personal biases influence him more with this program than others in the franchise. I still don't think Aviva was the problem, or, rather, that Veevs alone was the problem with this series, and I don't really see that LuAnn had less of a compelling storyline last season than it seems she'll boast this year, or that Carole, Kristen, and/or Heather are really bringing anything new to the proverbial table. Sonja likewise remains static. Are we really going to have a feud over whether or not she's productive? Miami was just as if not more interesting than this, and I actually feel like the women on that franchise were actually more erudite and mature in cultural respects than this lot.

• Love 1

I really wonder what Jason was doing that was so horrible that she had to leave this precious apartment? I think I remember her complaining that he and his dad watched sports on the tv while she was there, and that it was horrible, and who could live like that?  I don't think Bethenney can live with anyone frankly. She's just miserable and that's her identity. That being said, I think she's great tv.

I guess my HD tv came through loud and clear tonight because I thought the Countess was starting to look like that Madame puppet--her jaw and cheekbones looked more hollow than I remember. Is she ever going to film in her apartment? 

I really disliked Carole in that scene with her editor. I remember reading that Carole got a two book deal, the fiction book first, which no one thought was that great, and then she was on the hook for a book of essays after that. Well it took her five years to write that middling Widow's Guide, of course she only has a TOC at this point. So upthread it said she can't blog unless she turns in some chapters first? Seems like the publishing company's legal team is not laughing at cute lil' Carol anymore. 

I didn't miss Heather. Of course she wasn't on the show yet, because there wasn't a big fight for her to take someone's side and argue for them.  Other than that what does she bring?

Sonja I checked out of caring about two seasons ago.  I was thinking that Dorinda was channeling Princess Diana's look the summer she died.  But no with the Joe Guidice doppelgänger. 

• Love 3

I think it's the way Bethenny phrases certain things that rubbed me the wrong way. It's like 'jeez, lady, you aren't homeless, and temporarily having to live in the presidential suite of a nice hotel just isn't something that's worth crying over in my opinion.' I can understand her frustrations with her divorce and Jason having the apartment that she worked for but I think I would have had a better response if it didn't come across in such a woe as me way.

This. I totally get the frustration she has with Jason and the apartment that she can't live in. That she has money doesn't mean that this isn't a difficult situation .I allow a lot of "woe is me" for that. However, much like Sonja's whining over how her husband won't shell out more money to support her lifestyle, Bethenny needs to put some perspective to her problem. There are people who could live for months on what she pays for her "homeless" hotel. I don't mind that she's rich, I don't mind that she's going on about her divorce because that's a tough time... but there's a whole lot of difference between being sorely inconvienced and needing to live comfortably in a temporary home, and being homeless.

• Love 7