Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The B Is Back

• Start Topic

(edited)

I've been seeing the RHONJ comments and still don't get it. Is it the Edie Falco comparisons? The unrefined boyfriend? (Nothing wrong with working with fabrics, as Bobby Zarin could tell you.) I agree with what Dorinda told the NY Daily News last month - "I'm not going to be that ball of yarn that appeared out of nowhere." She lives on the UES, has known LuAnn and Ramona for some time, and also knows Heather from Ramona's favorite place - the Berkshires. Also, her former husband, Richard Medley, was George Soros' former partner and a known variable among Wall Street hedge funds.

I live in Massachusetts and once I realized that Dorinda was a Mass. native, I could see it (the minimal fuss hairdo, the lack of extensions and fillers, and was that a plaid dress she wore in one scene?). I love New England, but have no problem saying that it's not known for being fashion-forward or glamorous. (I think there's a reason why there's no "RH of Boston" franchise either - conspicuous consumption is not the art here it is in other parts of the country.)

Funny how we all have different perspectives! I am home grown New England. Also spend the winter down South. Grew up in the greater Boston area and more suburban areas, and I would never think she was native to MA. Two of my kids are in Boston, one after college, one is almost out. They both work n town. That next generation is also more glamorous, so that might be what's different to me. I hang around with people you might mistake for Southern Charm-ish preppy types, when it comes to clothes & decor, but not personalities!! (not the ones on TV) Maybe it's the more no nonsense, Ralph Lauren, Martha Stewart, Coastal look vs all black... Dorinda definitely seems more NJ than Upper Eastside to me. I can see her liking those RHONJ mansions over Luann's lovely digs. I don't think of many of the ladies on this show as all that refined. Having money and looking like you do are two different things that's for sure. She just seems rough around the edges, and I think between that and looking like Edie Falco, and her boyfriend, something is off.

I liked Heathers place in the Berkshires, Ramona was awful about her place...have to think it was her emotional state at the time. Heather, Carole and Kristen usually look great, they pick nice clothes.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 2

Also, I don't think Dorinda looks rough (or British ... how dare!)  The other housewives (with possibly the exception of Heather) are so Botoxed and smooth that anyone with a real face looks rough in comparison. 

As for the daughter's eyebrows - I've just taken over a new team at work where all the women are in their mid-20s. They all have those drawn-on caterpillar brows with the 'nose' end sort of squared off. It's called the Scouse Brow here. Explanation:  'Scouse' refers to anyone from Liverpool. And a few years ago we had our own reality RH-style show called "Desperate Scousewives". All the women had those brows and it became popular in the UK as a result.

• Love 3

Also, I don't think Dorinda looks rough (or British ... how dare!)  The other housewives (with possibly the exception of Heather) are so Botoxed and smooth that anyone with a real face looks rough in comparison. 

As for the daughter's eyebrows - I've just taken over a new team at work where all the women are in their mid-20s. They all have those drawn-on caterpillar brows with the 'nose' end sort of squared off. It's called the Scouse Brow here. Explanation:  'Scouse' refers to anyone from Liverpool. And a few years ago we had our own reality RH-style show called "Desperate Scousewives". All the women had those brows and it became popular in the UK as a result.

Trends are a scourge...scouse is a great example of that! When will women learn that you can embrace trends, but not everything works on every lady! Eileen Davidson was the spokesman of that look, back in the day, but that was also so beautiful on Eileen. On Hannah? No. Just no. I think why What Not To Wear worked, is for the most part, Stacy & Clinton taught the ladies how to enhance their natural beauty & body shapes. Trendy pieces, but only when they make you look good...

Sometimes Ramona, but mainly Sonja look "rough" but that's usually because of their actions, drinking not so much their make-up or hair.

• Love 4

I don't know how many millions Jason is getting for being married to Bethenny. Whatever it is is not enough.

It seems she is publishing a book about the marriage. http://www.inquisitr.com/1994918/bethenny-frankel-talks-jason-hoppy-divorce-in-new-book/

I wonder how that is going to go over with the judge who doesn't seem all that pleased with her antics.

On a side note.......was that pirate sploog on the back of Sonja's jacket?

• Love 5
(edited)
Sorry...Dorinda's daughter IS a Butterface

She could be sorta attractive, but that icky Paris Hilton personality & those eyebrows, those eyebrows, those eyebrows would make anyone a butterface.  

Remember when they all used to do stuff with charities?  Even if it may have been motivated to just push their brands & their true feelings were based on various level of disingenuousness, at least the attempt was always made.  I guess no hint of doing anything even remotely charitable this season?  I'm guessing Dorinda & her icky daughter wouldn't know a thing about charities, except maybe trying to crash hoity-toidy charity events.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

I really wonder what Jason was doing that was so horrible that she had to leave this precious apartment? I think I remember her complaining that he and his dad watched sports on the tv while she was there, and that it was horrible, and who could live like that?  I don't think Bethenney can live with anyone frankly. She's just miserable and that's her identity. That being said, I think she's great tv.

It wasn't just that Jason and his father were sitting around watching sports.....supposedly they were in their underwear on the couch when they knew photographers were coming to take pictures. Bethenny also claimed that Jason purposely left unflushed toilets for her (cmon now that's gross) and left food and dirty dishes everywhere. There were of course other claims along with him interfering with her quality time with Bryn. To me it's obvious that Jason was (and probably still is) doing everything he could to cause pain for Bethenny. Do I think B was innocent in everything? Of course not, but I think Jason showed his hand at just what kind of immature POS he is.

As for B whining and not being able to see the big picture.......you can't get over something until its over.

• Love 14

Edie Falco is from NY. I wonder if anybody's ever told her she'd be better suited living in New Jersey?

For me, I was referring to Dorinda not Edie Falco. I don't care where Edie lives, she's not on this show.

Dorinda seems out of place, to me.

IIRC, Bethenny was already in talks with Bravo for a spin off when she met Jason (which is why Jill was upset) and the focus changed to accommodate her pregnancy and marriage to Jason. Jason knew who she was when he met her and hitched himself to her bandwagon as fast as he could, he showed up in the opening credits for the housewives as soon as they started dating. I don't see him any differently than the woman who gets knocked up by the rich celebrity to ensure 18 years of child support. The fact that he won't move out of the multi million dollar apartment paid for by Bethenny tells me everything I need to know. Jason is a goldigger.

This may be true but it also means that Bethenny isn't any different from the wealthy men/celebs that the gold diggers hook up with. She, like they, got something out of the deal too. Bethenny was in talks for a spinoff and what was the spinoff going to be? More of Bethenny unsuccessfully dating? No, that'd been done on the HW show. Instead she was going to be the NYC gal who'd found her man and was getting her happy-ever-after. She was looking for someone to be her hubby and baby daddy just as much as he may have been looking for someone with deep pockets. Did they care about each other? Sure, probably. But I never believed in anything deeper then that. They were each other's right place, right person, at the right time to fulfill their goals.

They used each other as much as they cared for each other. IMO. And now they are both doing so without the caring. Bethenny wants to use Jason for her storyline. He's her tormentor, she's the victim, still scrappily fighting for what's hers. And he is using their divorce battle to get everything he can. I have a feeling much of this season will be about Bethenny fighting the "good fight" against the evil Jason.

I've never been as fond of Carole as many are, but she sank even further in my estimation last night. It's clear that being on the HW show has gone to her head (in addition to her face with all its fillers). And she's taking her role as the "cool girl" (see the GONE GIRL movie for a great explanation of what that is!) to exaggerated heights. I always find the most awkward scenes in the HW shows to be the ones where a HW is interacting with a real person from the real world (not a reality show character). Here's this real person trying to do real business with the HW and they're faced with a character who wants to play to the cameras and act a part. That's all Carole was interested in doing with her editor, playing the "cool girl".

• Love 9

She could be sorta attractive, but that icky Paris Hilton personality & those eyebrows, those eyebrows, those eyebrows would make anyone a butterface.  

Remember when they all used to do stuff with charities?  Even if it may have been motivated to just push their brands & their true feelings were based on various level of disingenuousness, at least the attempt was always made.  I guess no hint of doing anything even remotely charitable this season?  I'm guessing Dorinda & her icky daughter wouldn't know a thing about charities, except maybe trying to crash hoity-toidy charity events.

I'm sure some of them are still doing charitable work even it is behind the scenes.  Heather is very involved with the New York Organ Donor Network, Luanne is *definitely* involved with a number of charities (here's just one from this past Feb), Ramona is involved in charities that center around domestic abuse... 

This article says that Dorinda and her late husband were very involved in charity work.  Not sure about nowadays.

• Love 3

This may be true but it also means that Bethenny isn't any different from the wealthy men/celebs that the gold diggers hook up with. She, like they, got something out of the deal too. Bethenny was in talks for a spinoff and what was the spinoff going to be? More of Bethenny unsuccessfully dating? No, that'd been done on the HW show. Instead she was going to be the NYC gal who'd found her man and was getting her happy-ever-after. She was looking for someone to be her hubby and baby daddy just as much as he may have been looking for someone with deep pockets. Did they care about each other? Sure, probably. But I never believed in anything deeper then that. They were each other's right place, right person, at the right time to fulfill their goals.

They used each other as much as they cared for each other. IMO. And now they are both doing so without the caring. Bethenny wants to use Jason for her storyline. He's her tormentor, she's the victim, still scrappily fighting for what's hers. And he is using their divorce battle to get everything he can. I have a feeling much of this season will be about Bethenny fighting the "good fight" against the evil Jason.

I've never been as fond of Carole as many are, but she sank even further in my estimation last night. It's clear that being on the HW show has gone to her head (in addition to her face with all its fillers). And she's taking her role as the "cool girl" (see the GONE GIRL movie for a great explanation of what that is!) to exaggerated heights. I always find the most awkward scenes in the HW shows to be the ones where a HW is interacting with a real person from the real world (not a reality show character). Here's this real person trying to do real business with the HW and they're faced with a character who wants to play to the cameras and act a part. That's all Carole was interested in doing with her editor, playing the "cool girl".

It annoyed me when the editor told Carole that she was making her look bad by not making her deadlines and Carole just sort of brushed if off. If she doesn't want to do the book because suddenly she has gotten  caught up in being a " Real Housewife of NY", then return the advance and let the editor off the hook. Not classy Carole.

• Love 12

I'm sure some of them are still doing charitable work even it is behind the scenes.  Heather is very involved with the New York Organ Donor Network, Luanne is *definitely* involved with a number of charities (here's just one from this past Feb), Ramona is involved in charities that center around domestic abuse... 

This article says that Dorinda and her late husband were very involved in charity work.  Not sure about nowadays.

I get this feeling that Dorinda is the new Sonja. A bit out there, moving on from the death of a wealthy man....but she hasn't tried gimmicks like Sonja to live on in NYC. Sonja thinks she's financially solvent in her delusional world while Dorinda seems more in touch with her life and knows what she has to do to move forward on her own.

• Love 2

Whew, I finally read through the comments. I have to say Lu just looks stunning. I swear either here or on TWOP someone asked Lu via tweet what skin care brands she used and she answered. I recall it was something somewhat reasonable. If anyone recalls please dish!

Sonja's duck facing was hard to watch. She bobbles her had and then does her "blue steel" duck face. STOP!  I was so incredibly bored by Carole's scene I just don't care about her being an author, in fact I just am not interested in anything about her except her past career as a journalist. I was distracted by the background scene with three piles of books and then one book placed upright and propped open. I liked Dorinda enough, I also appreciate the natural eyebrow look, Her kids brows however did not look at all natural, not interested in seeing her anymore.

I have to say I genuinely laughed out loud when Bethany was commenting on the red gloves, and then mentioning how they matched the red stripe in the man's suit. It was really funny, and I would of probably made the same joke.

I felt bad for Ramona.

Whew, I finally read through the comments. I have to say Lu just looks stunning. I swear either here or on TWOP someone asked Lu via tweet what skin care brands she used and she answered. I recall it was something somewhat reasonable. If anyone recalls please dish!

Sonja's duck facing was hard to watch. She bobbles her had and then does her "blue steel" duck face. STOP!  I was so incredibly bored by Carole's scene I just don't care about her being an author, in fact I just am not interested in anything about her except her past career as a journalist. I was distracted by the background scene with three piles of books and then one book placed upright and propped open. I liked Dorinda enough, I also appreciate the natural eyebrow look, Her kids brows however did not look at all natural, not interested in seeing her anymore.

I have to say I genuinely laughed out loud when Bethany was commenting on the red gloves, and then mentioning how they matched the red stripe in the man's suit. It was really funny, and I would of probably made the same joke.

I felt bad for Ramona.

It wasn't just that Jason and his father were sitting around watching sports.....supposedly they were in their underwear on the couch when they knew photographers were coming to take pictures.

Was the accusation against Mr Hoppy Sr an official complaint made on the record by Bethenny, or was this a rumor by an unnamed source on the internet? If B witnessed that scene, she's savvy enough to whip out her cell and take a couple of pictures of the men in their underwear. I would need to see those pix, because I do not believe that Grandpa Hoppy would do such a disrespectful thing with his young granddaughter, a nanny and Bethenny' s employees in the house.

In this episode, B and Fredrik were looking at places that B could use as office space, right? I understood her to say she wanted it to be homey, with a kitchen, a place to sleep, etc. This implies to me that she's moving her business operation and employees out of the Tribeca loft and into its own space.

If that's the case, they can use the large space in their home vacated by Skinnygirl to convert to the man cave that Jason thought he was getting the first time. He could sit in boxers, make a mess, etc, in privacy, and B could feel free to return to the loft, since it's breaking her heart not to be there.

Divorce is war. But, IMO, trying to demonize the elder Mr Hoppy crosses a line. If there's photographic evidence, I will eat my words.

• Love 5

You're right!  I think it was Clarins?  Totally forgot about that!

• Love 1

Was the accusation against Mr Hoppy Sr an official complaint made on the record by Bethenny, or was this a rumor by an unnamed source on the internet? If B witnessed that scene, she's savvy enough to whip out her cell and take a couple of pictures of the men in their underwear. I would need to see those pix, because I do not believe that Grandpa Hoppy would do such a disrespectful thing with his young granddaughter, a nanny and Bethenny' s employees in the house.

IIRC it was part of her testimony in the custody case. I think her assistant was a witness and was going to testify and was also witness to him taking Cookie to the dog hotel. I too was shocked that Jason's father was part of the immature antics.

• Love 4

I would need to see those pix, because I do not believe that Grandpa Hoppy would do such a disrespectful thing with his young granddaughter, a nanny and Bethenny' s employees in the house.

Not to defend Bethenny's possible exaggeration but... having seen my otherwise respectful mother go full on "I'm calling the FBI!" over my sister's ex's minor antics, divorce can make otherwise nice people act very badly

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't think Grandpa Hoppy did that either. Get back to me when you have a witness that is not on Bethenny's payroll.

Or photos for that matter. With IPhones every little thing is documented with a photo that goes online in about two seconds.

If you don't believe me ask Brandi Glanville's tampon.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 5

Bethany was building her brand for years before she met Jason. They were married for, what, two years? IMO he deserves very little in the divorce, he didn't contribute much. The man is a loser. Hopefully any other woman he hooks up with will see him for the ass he is.

• Love 10
Trends are a scourge...scouse is a great example of that! When will women learn that you can embrace trends, but not everything works on every lady! Eileen Davidson was the spokesman of that look, back in the day, but that was also so beautiful on Eileen. On Hannah? No. Just no.

The problem with her is, I didn't think they looked defined at all. It was like her little sister got into a black eyebrow pencil and just scribbled all over her. There was no shape, too heavy, just a mess. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ramona looks like she's in hell.  I do feel sorry for her

I don't.  At all.

She was soooo nasty to Luann regarding her divorce and oh so smug about her fabulous marriage to Mario that she had to have a vow renewal {how'd that work for ya hon?}. I am actually enjoying the schadenfreude.

eta:  I just figured out who Dorito reminds me of:  Kathy Kanga from Prai skincare.  She''s a rather rough looking representative of the brand who sells on, I believe, HSN.  It's been driving me crazy all day.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 3

At first I thought I needed a new battery for my hearin' aid.  But this morning I caught enough of the rerun to confirm that Luann did, in fact, state that she had moved in with Jaques ... and they lived together for four years!  

I'm sorry, I still can't believe Luann was living with that guy for four years and I never knew they had even shacked up.  I didn't even think they were together that long.  Much less co-habitating.  

Did everyone else know this but me?

• Love 5

I'm sorry, I still can't believe Luann was living with that guy for four years and I never knew they had even shacked up.  I didn't even think they were together that long.  Much less co-habitating.

She started seeing him in season four. They kinda made a deal about them living together but it wasn't immediately after they started dating (I recall it being in the morocco trip season) I think four years is rounding up. I assume they were cohabitating longer than what the show depicted but I could be mistaken.

• Love 3

I'm so late to the party. RHONY has long been my favorite since I feel like they're the only group that I have anything in common with at all and I love my Lu. I was a little  underwhelmed with this one though and I think it was just too much B for me. Just too much. Plus, Kristen was back and I just don't even kind of understand why. So, so boring. 

Ramona does look pretty good and Dorinda certainly seems to be a much better friend to her than sexy J is. That said, Dorinda's look is a bit harsh for my tastes and her daughter is ugh. The full, fluffy brows are most certainly very in here in the city and there are a few "brow specialists" making a boatload. I went to one a few months ago and had to wait forever for an appointment because she was so booked up. Wasn't worth it in the end. I like the fuller brows, but it doesn't look great on the daughter who already has pretty large features. Honestly, though, I think it's mostly her personality that's the problem here.

I like Heather because her vacation home is in the Berkshires where I used to live.  Its a beautiful place with lots of history and you can have a really crazy or relaxed time there.   We used to call it the Berserk-shires.

New Yorkers are tolerated there only because they bring in revenue.  They pollute the place in the summer with honking horns, impatience and loud voices with accents that grate on the nerves.

Hah, I grew up in the Berkshires and this is very much true. We used to give NYers very "vague"  directions all the time for fun in our teens. The funny thing is I've been in NYC now for almost 15 years and when I go home I wonder - am I the kid who grew up here or am I now the jerky NY tourist? I guess I'm both. 

Word on the street is that she was awful to the production staff and all the 'little people' on her talk show.  Dismissive and condescending and queen of everything.

I have a friend who worked on B's show and he's still pretty friendly with her. He never had a bad thing to say about her, but he does love his divas. He's working with Wendy W. now and does seem happier, so who knows. I think if she likes you, she's probably great. But if she doesn't like, you she's probably a total nightmare. Either way, she certainly was not good at that job.

• Love 6

On the shallow side, I think she's never looked better, physically, than she does now. I like her new hairstyle and toned-down makeup. No jewel tone eyeshadows in sight!

I thought she looked nice too. I wasn't paying to much attention but did she get that tooth fixed on her, I think it was the left side? She had a something going on there and I always wondered why she didn't fix it. Teeth are IMHO the first place to start when getting a makeover.

• Love 1

Look, the full quote from Bethenny was something like she was the "wealthiest" homeless person in Manhattan. It was tongue in cheek. She's not homeless, and I don't think for one minute that she's comparing her situation to being truly homeless. She's not actually homeless and I think she knows that. She has a bazillion dollars and can afford to do anything, but, divorce is a tricky thing, and, financially a lot of things - sometimes everything - is up in the air. Or, even locked down with the courts. And, a lot of time people have difficulty making decisions in the middle of a divorce. I think it will be interesting to see how she navigates this.

I think her "homeless" storyline could have been a win for her if she would have handled it with humor and then take us on her journey of different real estate throughout the season. I would love to see the various places that she finds to hang her skinny girl stuff and the adventures along the way but if the angst of the first show continues she'll not build audience good will and Jason's lawyers I'm sure will find something because she's not suppose to talk about it. Humor was the way to go and probably safer too.

• Love 2

I don't know how many millions Jason is getting for being married to Bethenny. Whatever it is is not enough.

It seems she is publishing a book about the marriage. http://www.inquisitr.com/1994918/bethenny-frankel-talks-jason-hoppy-divorce-in-new-book/

I wonder how that is going to go over with the judge who doesn't seem all that pleased with her antics.

On a side note.......was that pirate sploog on the back of Sonja's jacket?

OMG I was thinking dog something but I think you have it figured out. Pirate essence it is!

I get this feeling that Dorinda is the new Sonja. A bit out there, moving on from the death of a wealthy man....but she hasn't tried gimmicks like Sonja to live on in NYC. Sonja thinks she's financially solvent in her delusional world while Dorinda seems more in touch with her life and knows what she has to do to move forward on her own.

I got that feeling too. Frick and Frack weren't along last season and TPTB got a friend for Ramona so that tells me who they are backing and its not sad Sonja.

• Love 2

Bethany is back so I may have to give this another chance. My last season of watching ended with Scary Island, Jill being a bitch, Kelly a psycho, and Bethany an engaged cook but not a chef,

I'll have to figure out who the new people are. I take it that a few crazy ones have been on and are gone. I really haven't kept up with the show.

Bethany was building her brand for years before she met Jason. They were married for, what, two years? IMO he deserves very little in the divorce, he didn't contribute much. The man is a loser. Hopefully any other woman he hooks up with will see him for the ass he is.

I feel the same way. I'm not a super fan of Bethenny's but I never liked Jason. Can't put my finger on it, but something about him always rubbed me the wrong way. Passive-aggressive or something.
  • Love 8

I am not understanding the logic here.

So Bethenny does have the money to afford another apartment so she is supposed to do it quietly and never complain about it? Oh hell no.

If I had worked my whole life and busted my ass to make my dreams come true, if I had compiled since I was in my 20s clips of the favorites things I wanted in a house, if I had pay for the down payment and every mortgage payment , if I had worked with the constructors and the decorarators to make sure my vision came to life and I had finally gotten my dream house and then my ex (fully knowing he can't afford the mortgage payment or has put a penny towards it is staying in that house and making my life miserable while living there ) then you better believe that I will be complaining to everyone and anyone who had ears.

Just because she has money doesn't mean that she has lost the ability to react to certain life situations like a normal human being.

Jason has been offered millions and is still fighting for more, they were married for merely two years, just as much as it is time for Bethenny to move on, it is time for Jason to stop milking the cow and get to work, there is absolutely nothing stopping him from doing it, he is a young, healthy male who will come out of this marriage with more millions that he could ever dream off, he will be able to afford a nice, small apartment but there he is fighting tooth and nails for something he knows is not his. New York has this ridiculous laws about occupancy that it is making this situation unnecessary hard for both of them but mostly for Bryn

I have to agree with this. Bethenny is annoying and shrill and a tad hyperbolic about her situation, but she's not wrong. Jason is the dick in this, because he only wants that apartment because he knows what it means to her. It was built especially for living and business, and he resented the business. She's fighting for something she badly wants, that represents her struggle and reward, and he's fighting .... so she can't have it. That's the bottom line. And even if it were reversed, if she were married to him for a couple of years and wanted his assets, I'd say bitch please and tell her to take a nice settlement, some child support and build your own dream.

I always thought Jason was nice, but I knew quickly he wasn't the perfect persona he put out there. And this just proves it. This belief that he's entitled to so much, for what?? Visiting a bottling plant? If he had real claims to the business, he'd be in court for his share of that. Not being an asshole who won't leave the apartment.

Frank(e)ly, I don't know how she does it, I would want to murder him in his sleep. I have no doubt it was extremely stressful to live there and be filming a new talk show, going to court, getting divorced. It had to be insanely stressful.

Somebody needs to tell him to knock it off, and give that lady her house back. Not that she wants it at this point after all of that. And if she did leave for good, he'd sell it and never live in - just to stick it to her again. Damn, she's annoying, but did she kill your dog? What could she do bad enough to engender this type of psychological warfare?

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 13

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting this for me.

It wouldn't be the same without the huge-ass  sunglasses, would it?  Hee.

I'm using this on my 16 year old daughter when she bitches I'm 6 minutes late in picking her up from school.  Bikini and big huge glasses and a cover up and all.

I feel the same way. I'm not a super fan of Bethenny's but I never liked Jason. Can't put my finger on it, but something about him always rubbed me the wrong way. Passive-aggressive or something.

I guess he didn't have the bubble butt B loves.  Maybe he didn't kiss HER bubble butt ;)  I feel the same way about Mike's gf on the Shahs.  Something...can't put my finger on it.  

• Love 5

I am one of those who think the focus during a divorce should be the child/ren.

I watched Bethany's spin offs and to me she was awful to Jason....be it his family ties or his quitting his job and "working/traveling" with her minus any respect. And her numerous meltdowns over Thanksgiving dinner or B-day parties. Or therapy with their rediculous DR. His help with Skinnygirl and other business activities, and his involvement with the apartment.....yet no man cave for him. All about B. 

They may not have been married long (2 yr?) but it has been longer for the divorce to take place. And there is a lot of money involved. Although I have no idea what the prenup said.....perhaps Jason should never have signed it.

Nevertheless....they are beyond the starting out stage of youngish parents and, jmho, the focus should be on Brynn. She has been a witness to this for years at her young age and I don't believe for a moment she will forget emotionally the insecurity it brings to a child. 

The point I'm trying to make is give him a couple of millions and call it a day. He was involved in the apt and it as well as the faucets and tile can very, very easily be redone by B.

I've always thought she was very threatened by Jason's true friends for many years and his close family ties and jealous....especially since she could never provide that for Brynn. 

There....I said it. 

• Love 11

Bethenny definitely needed and wanted Jason for a child, but I don't thinks she needed him for the brand, the show or a storyline. The original spin off was a single girl in the city looking for love (think Carrie Bradshaw) and she could have carried off a season or two...Bethenny has never been at a loss for things going on in her life, the baby and marriage were convenient but not necessary, there would have been a show or story either way it went.

I really think Bethenny got with Jason because she truly did "want it all"....Jason "wanted it all" too, he just wanted all of Bethenny's "all."

• Love 4

I haven't read the previous six pages of posts and just got to see the whole episode tonight.  Bethenny:  Wawawa.  This is from a former Bethenny fan.

Bethenny is the one who filed for divorce.  Not Jason.  Why should Jason be forced to move out?  They were married.  If the roles were reversed, with Jason cashing in on Skinny Girl and making big bucks, would everyone feel the same way?  My gut tells me not.  This was 'their' home.  Not just hers.  If she wanted a divorce and didn't want to live with him any more, that's her choice.  They had a marital contract and she has the means to relocate, why should Jason be forced to move out? 

As for the homeless whining, give me a break.  She had the means to lease an apartment if she wanted so stop 'crying' about the homelessness.  

I hope the season doesn't become the Bethenny 'poor me' saga.  Bethenny is selfish and it's all about her.  Marriage is a contract, not about having a relationship with a person who fits in with your needs and wants, and your control freak agenda.    According to Beth, she will never get married again,  Of course not.  She can't handle a relationship that she can't control 100 percent.  At least Bryn will be given a life with normalcy with Jason and his family half the time.

• Love 8

I re-watched the episode and loved the flashback of Bethenny peddling her Bethenny Bakes treats in a grocery store. "Do you want a cookie?" "Do you want to try a cupcake? Of course you don't" delivered in an aggressive, semi-hostile tone. Gold!

• Love 12

Yes! This is the very reason this franchise of the HWs was my favorite. I loved S1 with all of the behind the scene views of the ladies organizing their charitable events. I loved watching all of the event planning, and seeing the end result of their efforts. It was nice to witness a little altruism amongst the wealthy, and not the endless spa visits, waxing and grooming, and the shopping sprees at the local "boutiques" at the Strip Malls like on OC.

I just wish that instead of behind the scenes, we could see a little more of this on screen. The ladies always found a way to squabble even during the charity events, so it's not like that would be missing from the show if that is what worries TPTB.

• Love 4
The ladies always found a way to squabble even during the charity events, so it's not like that would be missing from the show if that is what worries TPTB.

I almost wonder if their squabbling during said charity events is the reason we see less of them because the charities realized that being associated with the fights wasn't worth the exposure.

• Love 6

Bethenny is the one who filed for divorce.  Not Jason.  Why should Jason be forced to move out?

Because he knew what the she-beast was like and not only signed on for her reality show, he also signed a pre-nuptial agreement. Women get fucked over by the pre-nups they sign all the time. That's really where I have little sympathy for Jason. She asked for a pre-nup and he was happy *at the time* to sign it and sign on to the Bethenny show as "Mr. Bethenny Frankel". He was what, a personal trainer and pharmaceutical salesma/executive when they met and married? And the Skinny Girl branding was beginning in season one or two of RHoNY - before Jason came on the scene, so it's hard to believe Jason was somehow the mastermind behind Bethenny's company anyway. Is he due something for marrying the shebeast? Sure. Did he sign a pre-nup like a grown up and not a little boy that says he gets nothing? Yeah... yeah he did. So he's dragging it out in court mostly to cost Bethenny money (and continue living in the apartment)

• Love 8

I have to wonder what Bethenny's financial situation really is.

Me too and I'm a fan. I don't buy the $50 million number. I'm guessing that's the worth of Bethanny as a corporate entity. I wouldn't be surprised if her personal worth is far less. Probably less than 10 million. Still a heck of a lot, but not the vast, endless fortune that's being reported. Say her personal worth is at 10, maybe 3-4 of that is liquid and the rest is probably investments, tax shelters and the apt Jason is in. Then factor in Jason fighting the pre-nup, Bethany may be down to less than $2 million. That goes pretty quickly house hunting in NYC. Maybe that's what the hold up is, maybe she won't really know her budget until the divorce is final.

• Love 1

Yeah, it's been very, very murky what her actual net worth is.  It may be quite different than the available cash she's got to rent/buy a place.  Moaner said she thought Bethenny got one of those back-end deals, where she got some cash upfront & will eventually get more, based on sales -- which apparently have not been great.  Honestly, I'm looking closely at Beth -- at her actions, her general behavior & in particular, her clothes.  She's dressing nicely these days, with very nice bags & shoes & outfits.  But is she wearing different $6500 get-ups everyday, like Amal Clooney?  Well, I'm not seeing Beths everyday (thank goodness), so I don't know for sure, but I'd guess not.

Beth has always struck me as a very sensible gal.  Just seems to me, if she really did have a $100 mil in cash, just lying around at her whimsy, she wouldn't be fighting Jason so hard about giving him the apartment and/or a mil or 2.  Now, maybe it does burn her guts out that she has to hand him the apartment she worked so hard to decorate, but I also think this is a money thing too. I mean, that right now maybe she doesn't have all that much dough, so she probably doesn't wanna have to stretch herself thin just cuz Jason has gotten greedy & is trying to grab for whatever dough he can get.  Can't blame her for that.

Anyone know if she's moved into the place in Soho?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

At first I thought I needed a new battery for my hearin' aid.  But this morning I caught enough of the rerun to confirm that Luann did, in fact, state that she had moved in with Jaques ... and they lived together for four years!  

I'm sorry, I still can't believe Luann was living with that guy for four years and I never knew they had even shacked up.  I didn't even think they were together that long.  Much less co-habitating.  

Did everyone else know this but me?

it is one  of the things that the former cast criticized Season 1 and 2 LuAnn for-not be honest about the status of her relationship(s).  She lied about the Count Season 1 and swore everyone to secrecy so I for one am not surprised she moved Jacques in right away or she moved in with him in the city.  Didn't she lose her townhouse during the divorce and pretended to look for a new place?  Supposedly LuAnn was demoted to part RH last season because once again she was less than candid  about the status of relationship and when it became very public she and Jacques had been apart they had no personal reliable film about LuAnn.

I know RH can't quit while they are ahead but Luann had such a good season last year (until the Reunion then there was just a little too much hubris) that she should have stepped away or stayed a friend this year.  She has nowhere to go but down and I doubt with Bethenny back she will get the sweetheart edit she got last season.

• Love 4
Remember when they all used to do stuff with charities?

Oh, they still do, only it's less the formal events of earlier seasons and a little more...unconventional. Like, Aviva's cycling event (which wasn't about her, you know, but about THE CHILDREN WITHOUT LEGS), Carole's ping-pong tournament, and Sonja's burlesque routine last season. Yep, Sonja's half-baked stage show was part of a fundraiser for LBGTQ teens. Last season LuAnn hosted the fashion show/lunch, the one where Aviva gossiped about her dad's threesome.

So yep, there are still fundraising events on RHONY, but it's easy to forget them because there are no floor-length gowns involved, no swag bags, no fights over signage or the step and repeat, no one with a microphone telling the women to stop yakking, or no catfights over the planning when one HW says she's very careful about lending her name to a cause :)

• Love 6