Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E07: The Line Will Be Drawn Tonight

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Genuinely Cool People

(tier still blank, Jenn closing in! Sierra did nothing obnoxious and Carolyn was strong on the challenge so they can stay)

Plucky Sometimes Mean Spirited Underdog!

1. Jenn - Cool idol play, way to handle being stung by a bee in the crotch during  a challenge, was strategically on point even if she failed.  Gave useful advice to Dan based on past experience even though he's kind of an asshole.  When she's mean to people I don't like, she's funny.  And she mostly has been lately.  Good episode for Jenn.

People Who Hate the People I Hate

2. Carolyn - She sided with the aforementioned people I hate, so is losing ground.  But impressed by her challenge performance.  Good on her.

3. Sierra - Ditto, largely

If Only Your Joke Could Be True

4. Will - Strategically adrift, but if you joke about getting rid of Probst, I approve.

Athletic and Hilarious Facial Expression at Rodney's Expense

5. Joe - Joe is growing on me.  And that facial expression was the second funniest thing anyone said/did tonight.

Quieter and Thus Less Obnoxious; Also, Hates 'Merica

6. Shirin - A stunning comeback!

Quieter and Thus Less Obnoxious; Also, Loves 'Merica

7. Hali - Please go take some comparative government courses.  The Constitution is pretty cool, but really only for the Bill of Rights, the Civil War Amendments, and the couple other voting rights amendments.  The rest of it is kind of wacky, stuck together mess that works through informal bizarre processes.

No, I Mean, For Real, Who The Hell Are You?

8. Tyler - paging Dr. Tyler, paging Dr. Tyler to the confessional please.  He got some airtime, but hell if I know anything about him still.

Least Offensive of the Brodown Broliance

9.  Da... Rod... Mike... no, no, Dan - Maybe.  I guess.  Yuck.

'MERICA!

10. Mike - At least Dabu was trolling.  And from Warcraft which makes Erik a nerd after my own heart.  That is the dumbest fucking tribe name in the history of the show.  Which is a high bar.

Still Worst Since Colton

11. Rodney - Is not leaving this space

My theory last week was terrible, but let's try again.

Strong Positive

1. Mike - lost his main ally, but I think remains the leader of the side with the numbers

2. Sierra - becomes Mike's #2 by default, I think

3. Dan - Ugh

Will Have to Flip to Win, Which Is Always Risky

4. Carolyn - Still has that idol

5. Tyler - Is attached to Carolyn, edit doesn't really have it for him

Goats

6. Rodney - The goatiest goat

Needs Some Magic

7. Jenn - smarter than

8. Joe - or

9. Hali - I think.  Could theoretically pull in the three White Collars and flip things next week.  I guess.

DOOMED

10. Will - Likeable, but strategically adrift.

11. Shirin - Not friends with her original tribemates, in the minority of the minority, and no one likes her.  Ouch.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 11
(edited)
I thought Mike deliberately had Will vote for Hali to test his loyalty.

You're right, I forgot but yeah that just proves to him how low he is to them on the totem pole. If that doesn't give him a clue then nothing will.

The thing is Will just learned his new alliance lied to him.  So he knows just how low he is in their estimation.  Idiot.

Yup, exactly what I said. I really am fascinated by what editing didn't show because I just cannot wrap my head around Will's vote and decision to jump ship on his alliance so quickly. Again, the only thing I can think is that he knew for certain that Tyler and Carolyn were siding with the BC and so knew his alliance didn't have the numbers.

The genius of that play is marred slightly by the fact she seemed to have no idea that Will had flipped. 

I think she will figure it out. Shirin said she would vote with them so without the flip, there should have been 5 votes for Kelly - Jenn, Shirin, Hali, Joe and Will. Kelly only got 4 votes. One person voted Hali and and all the others voted Jenn. I guess she can think Shirin lied and sided with her old NC but Shirin's reaction to Jenn's playing her idol and it working was too exuberant while Will was suspiciously quiet next to Joe.

Sure he can lie and say he did and then put her in a spot of wondering which one is lying, him or Shirin but what purpose would Shirin have to lie? If she did go with her old WC tribemates, even with Jenn's idol play, they along with BC still have the numbers. The person who would have more reason to lie is the person who definitely stabbed them in the back because I don't think she, Joe or Hali saw that coming at all. 

As for Tyler and Carolyn, I think their believe they can get No collar out then exploit the cracks in Blue Collar they know are there.   Rodney and Sierra for example.

That's fair but Tyler himself noted that despite whatever cracks or issues, seems at the end they stick with each other. Sierra ranted on and on about how much she hated them and she hasn't done a thing to vote against them. As soon as they merged she fell right in line. On the flipside, Will couldn't wait to go somewhere else he thought was better - No Collars are the better option to exploit cracks down the line when the Blue Collars are gone, in my opinion. I don't think Hali and Jenn would hesitate to get rid of Joe when they think it serves their purpose because he is such an immunity threat and would be a threat to sit next to at final tribal council. I really don't get Tyler and Carolyn's rationale for siding with the BC.

Oh and another reason I loved Jenn tonight, aside from the awesomeness of her playing the idol right when she needed it and continuing to fight when she got a bee sting on her hoo-ha, was her snarky mocking of all the dramatic talk at tribal. I loved when she went "I know it's all going to be a dagger or a chainsaw and ooh..."

Because really, could these people have been more annoyingly melodramtic. Like shit, it's just a game. Yes a game for a million dollars but still just a game. No one was getting murdered. All that would happen was someone would get voted off - quit with the dramatics. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 13
(edited)

This was a pretty good episode I just didnt like the ending.  I thought it was silly for them to vote for Kelly they had so many more bigger targets Rodney, Mike, shucks even Sierra was a bigger threat than Kelly... I am glad Joe won immunity I think he will need a lot of immunity challenge wins and he needs to find that idol because he will always be a target.  Props to Jenn who was stung but still managed to hang on the pole for so long!  She was very smart to play her idol at the tribal, clearly she would have gone home otherwise...    Carolyn continues to impress me, she still has her idol and only Tyler knows about it.  I really underestimated her. I still have no idea how Will has made it this far I thought he would have been first one out. Based on the gameplay I have seen so far I  can see either Joe, Jenn, Mike, Tyler, and Caroline to winning the whole thing, but anything can happen

Edited by GenL
Preview Talk
  • Love 1

While Jeff was reading the votes, before Kelly's name came up, Jenn was rejoicing and high fiving Hali while it still looked like Hali might be the one going home. I hope Hali caught on that Jenn likes herself and chickens.I have a feeling that while Mike was so cleverly testing Will's loyalty, he lost Will to the other side.

No she wasnt. She did that when the votes for her starting accumulating

• Love 7

Now, THAT was great fun.  Best use of an HII I've seen in a long time!

And yes, stupidest tribe name in a long time.

And Hali, if the Constitution is your "religion," you understand nothing about this country.

I thought Carolyn and Tyler were supposed to be the smart ones?  You have to the choice to be part of a fluid seven alliance (whites & reds) with lots of ways to worm your way in or on the very bottom of a 7 or 8 person alliance (blues, whites & Will) where the top 5 are seemingly impregnable, and you choose the bottom?  I don't get the logic.

• Love 15
No Collar really congratulated themselves after Jenn played her idol.  However, I don't think they actually did any math or they would realize they are the minority and not long for the game unless something changes.

I'm pretty sure they know and did the math. But in that moment,  I imagine it must have just felt really, really good foiling the other players' plan whether or not it only bought them 3 more days. And the fact is, Survivor can be a very tricky game and a lot can happen in three days so there is no guarantee they're pretty much done. So I was totally with them on celebrating and enjoying that moment. 

While Jeff was reading the votes, before Kelly's name came up, Jenn was rejoicing and high fiving Hali while it still looked like Hali might be the one going home. I hope Hali caught on that Jenn likes herself and chickens.

That's not how I remember it. Right after Jenn gave the idol, the first vote Jeff showed was Hali and Jenn clearly says a "fuck". It's when the next vote turns out to be her, she starts smiling and the more her name came up, the more excited she became because it was clear that she'd guessed right and they had voted for her. Which automatically meant who she, Hali, Shirin and Joe voted for was going home because they would get the most votes. 

Then that should mean we'll have a final 2.

They've had Final 3 with only an eight person jury. Last season had an eight person jury with a Final 3.

• Love 14

Yup, exactly what I said. I really am fascinated by what editing didn't show because I just cannot wrap my head around Will's vote and decision to jump ship on his alliance so quickly. Again, the only thing I can think is that he knew for certain that Tyler and Carolyn were siding with the BC and so knew his alliance didn't have the numbers.

I think she will figure it out. Shirin said she would vote with them so without the flip, there should have been 5 votes for Kelly - Jenn, Shirin, Hali, Joe and Will. Kelly only got 4 votes. One person voted Hali and and all the others voted Jenn. I guess she can think Shirin lied and sided with her old NC but Shirin's reaction to the Jenn's playing her idol and it working was too exuberant while Will was suspiciously quiet next to Joe.

That's fair but Tyler himself noted that despite whatever cracks or issues, seems at the end they stick with each other. Sierra ranted on and on about how much she hated them and she hasn't done a thing to vote against them. As soon as they merged she fell right in line. On the flipside, Will couldn't wait to go somewhere else he thought was better - No Collars are the better option to exploit cracks down the line when the Blue Collars are gone, in my opinion. I don't think Hali and Jenn would hesitate to get rid of Joe when they think it serves their purpose because he is such an immunity threat and would be a threat to sit next to at final tribal council. I really don't get Tyler and Carolyn's rationale for siding with the BC.

Oh and another reason I loved Jenn tonight, aside from the awesomeness of her playing the idol right when she needed it and continuing to fight when she got a bee sting on her ho-ha, was her snarky mocking of all the dramatic talk at tribal. I loved when she went "I know it's all going to be a dagger or a chainsaw and ooh..."

Because really, could these people have been more annoyingly melodramtic. Like shit, it's just a game. Yes a game for a million dollars but still just a game. No one was getting murdered. All that would happen was someone would get voted off - quit with the dramatics. 

The editing left a lot out about the decision making process.  I really didn't know how it was going to go.  It seemed obvious Kelly was the boot, but then when they started bringing it up amongst themselves at crunch time, I wondered if that was a red herring.  If there was strategy talk about Will's decision and Tyler/Carolyn's decision, I would have rather seen that than Dan's jelly fish sting.  This whole episode seemed to fly by.  I remember when the merge episodes seemed to show more camaraderie and a lot more falling down drunk Survivors.  This was just merge! build a new camp! challenge! now quick debate and go to tribal!

I don't believe Jeff read the last vote, as it wouldn't matter, but there's still that mystery vote for Hali that they are going to wonder about.  Maybe they will assume one of the blues did it and not Will, but I still think he'll get found out.  I also agree that in that NC alliance, I believe it goes Jenn/Hali at the top, Joe 3rd, Will 4th.  If Joe felt in danger from his former tribemates, I don't think he'd even hesitate to turn on them.  There seemed to be a lot of talk at tribal about not taking things personally and it being a game.  Foreshadowing for down the road when we get to the jury phase, I wonder.  I was actually surprised Sierra slid back under the radar, but I'm still wondering if she's waiting until she has to to form a new alliance.  I just can't believe she would stay loyal to her formers blues the whole game, unless she really believes she can beat them in the finals.

• Love 1

Kelly was certainly a lesser threat than some of the others. Can you imagine her trying to figure out a puzzle, or anything visual? The brute challenge threats are all still in the game. It used to be that they'd pick off the strongest physical players first. But with this group.... who knows where their heads are.

• Love 6

Did Jenn set a record? That was six (seven?) votes negated by a hidden idol. I don't think somebody saved themselves (or others) on that scope before. Poor Kelly . .. . at least she can get her head checked for a concussion.

I'm liking Shirin. "Merica" is a dumb name for the merged tribe. She might have struck some as pissy, but somebody had to roll their eyes at the name. Also liked the high-fiving Jenn at TC. She recognizes good gameplay, so that's another positive.

I'm lost about strategy . . . all I knew was Joe winning Immunity would mess up others' plans, so he was worth rooting for. Sucks to be Dan and Will, not being able to work the poles because of their weight. Only thin missing was Probst shouting "BOOM badda BOOM badda BOOM" as they trudged to the bench.

• Love 17

Well snap! Kelly was the only person that I liked and would have wanted to see enriched by a million dollars. Amazing how the casting was a complete misfire. Last season was filled with a great cast and interesting people like Natalie, Jon and his girlfriend. These guys are just a bunch of dullards.

Vile Jenn may be all smug now but it may only buy her three days and I wouldn't be surprised to see her sent packing very soon.

• Love 4

I was told on another board that Sierra was enjoying the blindside. They told me it's speculated Sierra might have told Jenn what's up.

Well snap! Kelly was the only person that I liked and would have wanted to see enriched by a million dollars. Amazing how the casting was a complete misfire. Last season was filled with a great cast and interesting people like Natalie, Jon and his girlfriend. These guys are just a bunch of dullards.

Vile Jenn may be all smug now but it may only buy her three days and I wouldn't be surprised to see her sent packing very soon.

Vile? Yeah right no where near Rodney Dan and Mike level. GO NO COLLAR!!

I'm really hoping we are about see BC go down in flames and NC claw their way to Final 4. Rooting for Joe/Jenn/Hali and Shirin. Carolyn Tyler and Will are so dumb wanting to be slaughtered by BC

• Love 13
(edited)

Funny, after all of Mike's gyrations to save her at that challenge last week, it was to no avail because of one of the best idol uses ever.

Reason #1 why you should never, ever throw challenges: Had Escameca won, they would've been 6 Blue Collar vs. 3 or 4 No Collar and 2 or 3 White Collar. Even if the swing votes had gone against them, it still would've been a tie. Then even if they'd lost a player, they'd still have 5 (now plus the swing votes) next week. Instead, their position is slightly more precarious.

I actually think Kelly was a pretty smart boot. She seemed likely to keep Mike in check, and to broker relationships with the other side (heck, she'd already pulled Carolyn -- and thus Tyler -- over in only her short time on Nagarote). If Mike, Dan or Rodney ever need votes, I don't count on any of those three diplomats to be able to secure anything beyond the evening's dinner.

I'm sure Mike's patting himself on the pack pretty hard (as is Rodney, but when doesn't he), but it seemed clear from the editing it was Kelly's relationship with Carolyn that swung her to the blue collar side, and Tyler just went along with what Carolyn did.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 17

Did Jenn set a record? That was six (seven?) votes negated by a hidden idol. I don't think somebody saved themselves (or others) on that scope before.

I may loathe Russell, but his HII usage was epic, especially against Kelly in Samoa.

• Love 5
Reason #1 why you should never, ever throw challenges: Had Escameca won, they would've been 6 Blue Collar vs. 3 or 4 No Collar and 2 or 3 White Collar. Even if the swing votes had gone against them, it still would've been a tie. Then even if they'd lost a player, they'd still have 5 (now plus the swing votes) next week. Instead, their position is slightly more precarious.

There would have been one more White Collar (Joaquin) and one fewer Blue (Kelly) or White (Shirin) collar, probably.

Not that I don't agree with your fundamental point, which is that throwing challenges unless you 100% know the outcome in both camps is not smart.

• Love 5

Well Crap.  That may have just helped Rodney's grand scheme more than he realizes.  (But first, an aside: Rodney seemed to think that he had Kelly as his strongest original ally, instead of the narrative we've been presented of, that of Mike and Kelly.  Hmm.)

Rodney's master plan (as presented to us, and more importantly, Will,) was for - oh God, I give up, I'll use the damn "collar" designations - the Blue Collars + Will + Carolyn to Pagong off the No Collars.  Then at Seven, Rodney, Kelly, Carolyn, and Will would turn on the remaining members of the tribe.   

All Carolyn and Tyler have to do is slip Tyler into Kelly's spot - which means that the "hidden duo" of Carolyn and Tyler have their final four spots,  (And Carolyn doesn't have to try and save Tyler before they get down to Seven.)

• Love 4
(edited)

I really wanted Mike to get voted out.  But I will take his #1 Kelly if I have to.  Mike thinks he is running the show.  I love that he still hasn't got Joe out.  Rodney will certainly remind him that he could have had Joe out already if he had not blindsided Rodney to get out his bromance.

I suspect Carolyn voted with the blue collar because she felt close to Kelly.  Now with Kelly out I am not sure her and Tyler will stay with that side.  Will also will feel betrayed because they lied to him about who to vote for.  Lots of things to mix up the vote next week.  

Edited by LakeGal
  • Love 9

That was my favorite use of a hidden immunity idol since Pavarti started handing them out left and right that one time.

Probst and everyone else there can talk about knives and icepicks and chainsaws all they want. This is not a 7-4 tribe right now. Not even close. I think Kelly was the perfect person to boot. Both Mike and Rodney wanted to go far with her, but clearly do not trust each other. It was mentioned that Carolyn was close to Kelly - including Jenn having to tell her to please not tell their plans to Kelly. With Kelly gone, and a few more days in Dan's and Rodney's and even Mike's (I still like him, folks, I don't know why, forgive me but I do) company, I really don't see Carolyn so gung ho to stay with them. And Sierra? Was mute tonight, but I feel would be ripe for the picking.

Will already has to feel on the outs, Tyler seems to me the type to reasses his situation constantly, I don't in anyway see this as a done deal if they don't get an idol. I think MIke needs it more than the four at this point.

That said, I love it when people get giddy and "holy crap, I made the right move, I totally would've been gone, and I'm not, how awesome is this??" in TC. It's just fun. I get swept along with them.

And I even liked Kelly. But I think this game is a whole lot more interesting with her gone.

• Love 24

There would have been one more White Collar (Joaquin) and one fewer Blue (Kelly) or White (Shirin) collar, probably.

Not that I don't agree with your fundamental point, which is that throwing challenges unless you 100% know the outcome in both camps is not smart.

Oh right...duh, I can't do math. Well, I am from Massachusetts...maybe Rodney and I have been drinking the same water. You'd think I'd hold myself to a higher water standard. ;)

I'll pretend I meant to say "6 blue collar solid allies, since I'm not entirely convinced Kelly would've been voted out. I think she would've finagled her way into staying. For all Mike trusted her, he didn't give her nearly enough credit for her social game.

• Love 4

Oh right...duh, I can't do math. Well, I am from Massachusetts...maybe Rodney and I have been drinking the same water. You'd think I'd hold myself to a higher water standard. ;)

I'll pretend I meant to say "6 blue collar solid allies, since I'm not entirely convinced Kelly would've been voted out. I think she would've finagled her way into staying. For all Mike trusted her, he didn't give her nearly enough credit for her social game.

And I would agree with that as well.  I think it was at worst 50/50.

• Love 2
(edited)
I was told on another board that Sierra was enjoying the blindside. They told me it's speculated Sierra might have told Jenn what's up.

Right.

Someone had to leak it to Jenn/White Collars.

It wasn't Will, he genuinely thought that the vote was Hali.

Was it Rodney somehow?   Etc.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
(edited)

Right.

Someone had to leak it to Jenn/White Collars.

It wasn't Will, he genuinely thought that the vote was Hali.

Was it Rodney somehow?   Etc.

I don't think Rodney can play dumb that well,  He looked pretty confused/ticked.  But he apparently thought Kelly was more his ally than Mike, so maybe he did leak it but didn't know she was the target.  I did think maybe Will knew what was going down so he knew he could safely vote for Hali, act like Rodney's new bro, but still be loyal to his old tribe.  We saw Jenn/Hali talking about finding out who was going between them so Jenn knew who to use her idol on.  Sierra looked surprised when she played it, but pretty pleased when it was all said and done.  So maybe.  I just can't believe they'd leave that out, but it seems like they left out a lot of strategizing.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

Even the editors think they are dumbasses for not eating the rooster, they gave us a nice scene of sunrise wake-up call.

Also Joe's look to Jen when she asked him 'is Rodney smart' was priceless.

Edited by Sarahendipity
  • Love 24
(edited)

I really hope that the former NC don’t get pagonged.  They are practically the only people left I can tolerate.  Besides, it would make for some very dull episodes.

Fortunately, I really doubt the majority alliance can be sustained long enough to get all of the NC out.  They might get one or two out, but I would be willing to get that they are going to disintegrate before they get the job done.

I thought Carolyn and Tyler were supposed to be the smart ones?  You have to the choice to be part of a fluid seven alliance (whites & reds) with lots of ways to worm your way in or on the very bottom of a 7 or 8 person alliance (blues, whites & Will) where the top 5 are seemingly impregnable, and you choose the bottom?  I don't get the logic.

I'm sure Mike's patting himself on the pack pretty hard (as is Rodney, but when doesn't he), but it seemed clear from the editing it was Kelly's relationship with Carolyn that swung her to the blue collar side, and Tyler just went along with what Carolyn did.

Carolyn’s friendship with Kelly might have something to do with it, but I can’t help but wonder if her hatred of Shirin might not have been a contributing factor, even if subconsciously.  I have yet to be convinced that she’s a good strategic player of this game.

But the biggest idiot is Will.  He went from having a decent shot at being dragged to the final to now being on the bottom and not trusted by anyone.

Edited by viajero
  • Love 12

I face-palmed when they decided on Merica. That will go down in the annals of Survivor as the most stupid tribe name ever.

Reality Blurred agrees with you - http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2015/04/survivor-worlds-apart-merged-tribe-merica-worst-ever/

Shirin seems to have gotten a bit of a clue, but that "merica" whining TH was really bad.

Why?  I thought she was absolutely correct.

I'm surprised that Tyler the professional athlete went out of the challenge so early.

There was an idol left out there and now Jenn has played her idol, does that mean there are two out there now?

Roidney and Mike are idiots, why aren't they getting votes against them?

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh and another reason I loved Jenn tonight, aside from the awesomeness of her playing the idol right when she needed it and continuing to fight when she got a bee sting on her hoo-ha, was her snarky mocking of all the dramatic talk at tribal. I loved when she went "I know it's all going to be a dagger or a chainsaw and ooh..."

I just always root for the smart, entertaining survivors and Jenn personifies that for me. My ideal final two would be Jenn and Joe, but I have to admit, she's edged him out as my favourite with her wit, enthusiasm and determination. Go Jenn to the end!

Really? Always amazes me when we see the exact same show but come out with completely different viewpoints. I have a lot of respect for Kelly's toughness during the challenge where she was bonked on the head, but since that time, she's struck me that she's dumb as a rock. I don't know whether to attribute that to the terrible accident. If not, it's a little scary that she's a State Trooper. She has certainly allied herself with the unlikable and unstable Blue Collar team. And I don't consider that as admirable loyalty but poor judgement. If you end up on a bad team, change it. I certainly won't miss her. Think her loss has greatly damaged Mike's chances. Yay! Oh, and I found almost the entire cast of last season to be unlikable. I am much preferring this season.

Edited by PreBabylonia
  • Love 19

It was great to see someone play the idol with such glee!

The Blues are bunch of boneheads to not even consider that the other two idols had been found just because they didn't think anyone found one at their camp!?!?! Especially because these days there is so much paranoia about someone having idol, people just assume it has been found. What a stupid oversight on their part.

Between Rodney just interupting Jeff and chiming in about his moronic reasoning about the idol not being in play and the fact that everyone thought there would be a bromance between him and Jouqin makes me think he must be a relentless attention whore. People who are not on his tribe seem to have a strong sense of him. I bet his is totally obnoxious at the challenges acting out with comments and attempted jokes, etc., etc. What a tool.

• Love 9

I'm surprised that Tyler the professional athlete went out of the challenge so early.

Not that I think athleticism matters in this challenge, it favors the light weights.  But even if his stamina could have helped him last longer, I think he is playing a good albeit quiet game so far and it would have been a mistake to show his athletic prowess on the 1st individual challenge.  He gives me a Natalie vibe, in that I think he's quite smart and will make the big moves when it matters.  He just made a bad call on the vote tonight, but I don't think that it was an unredeemable mistake.

does that mean there are two out there now?

Carolyn has one.

• Love 4

I think the two idols is because they are on the former Blue Collar beach and no one to my knowledge in BC ever found an idol, so there's that one and it is likely that the producers will put the one Jenn just played, back into play somewhere on the beach. So that makes two hidden somewhere.

(edited)

Seriously, what does it say about a season when so may episodes in I still do not know the survivors' names? They are all so innocuous to me and none stand out from the crowd as great players. 

This season is just not getting inside me and I am rooting for nobody. I suppose I will stop watching until a few episodes before the finale. My interest level is just very low for what is going on because nothing exciting is going on. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wow! It was so nice to see someone play and II when they actually needed to! Although, I must admit that I got nervous when I saw that Hali vote, even though I knew Will had been told to vote for her. How can you not root for someone who takes a stinger to the vag and keeps on competing?

WTF is Will thinking? There are times, in his confessionals, when he seems pretty insightful as to what is going on in the game, but then he goes and jumps ship from his own tribe where he is 4th of 4 to one where he's at the bottom of at least 6. Why he thinks Rodney, the moron, has any leverage in this game is beyond me. Can he not see how the others feel about him? Is he thinking they can get to the end and then out goat each other? It's mind boggling.

Carolyn and Tyler disappointed me with their play, too. The better move would be to take out the blue collars, who have proven to be tight despite the cracks, and then duke it out at the end with the no collars. Maybe they think the no collars would be too unbeatable at the end?

Merika. Really? Merika? That's the best these people could come up with? I feel so much secondhand embarrassment even typing that name. Just... *shakes head*. I can't even.

Edited by ReadingZombie
  • Love 6
(edited)

Joaquin didn't realize just how unlikeable Rodney was until watching the show.  He said had he realized that he wouldn't have aligned with him, or would have at least made Joe and Sierra more options.  I'm wondering if that's the case with Will.  In one of Max's post show interviews, he mentioned Will being happy to have new members at their tribe and that he was tired of the youngin's that he was stuck with.  So I wondered if Will wasn't as content with his NC as they were letting on (considering he was originally in the other 3 person alliance in his group at the start of the season).  If he didn't realize what a hot headed loose cannon Rodney is, that might be why he decided to go with him.  And maybe he wasn't thinking that he would wind up at the bottom of the blue collar group.  Rodney gave the whole 'final 4' speech to him.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

Hey, Mike!  Hey, Dan!  Hey, Rodney!  You're gonna get what you want!  You've got this vote in the palm of your hands!

. . . Oops!  APRIL FOOL'S, BOYS! :D

Great move, Jenn!  Wow!  What a Tribal Council!  And what an episode!

• Love 12

While I certainly like the play and yet another thwart of Rodney's plan, I do not get the rationale of the four to vote Kelly. She is rather benign and not good at challenges. Why not gun for Rodney or Mike who are visibly vocal and driving?

• Love 2

While Jeff was reading the votes, before Kelly's name came up, Jenn was rejoicing and high fiving Hali while it still looked like Hali might be the one going home. I hope Hali caught on that Jenn likes herself and chickens.

No, when Hali got the first vote, Jenn mouthed a curse word.  Hali and she started high-fiving when every other vote went her way.  Also, before tribal Jenn was trying to figure out which of them the other alliance would target.  Seemed clear to me that if she sensed it was Hali, she would have given her the idol. 

I love those two.  Smart, strategic, sociable, good at challenges, read the tea leaves well, and fun to listen to/watch as well.  They make a great team, in just about every respect.  I'm definitely pulling for NC + Shirin now, even if I don't much want to hear Shirin's 'insights' about life, politics or the tribe's new name.  (Which I like fine.) 

This season is kicking into high gear.  The collar theme is starting to pay big dividends, because it adds another layer of complexity/subtlety to the alliances and counter-alliances.  For me this was easily the best episode so far -- and it won't surprise me if things keep getting better. 

• Love 10

Merica, seriously????

Are Sierra's eyebrows bugging anybody else?

I love that Rodney's face seems to be permanently stuck in WTF? mode.

• Love 10

Yea I don't understand why they want to keep the strong players once they merge. When you merge to one tribe, it's time to get rid of the physical threats/people manipulating the game, then get rid of the immunity threats, but some don't understand that. You would want to get rid of Rodney & Mike first as they're the physical and manipulative threats, next might wanna get rid of the flip flopper being Will since he's in no way shape or form can be trusted, then Joe as he's the immunity threat and then work your way through the rest.

If I was there and either Mike or Rodney approached me, I wouldn't be on their alliance because I know that I would be at the bottom and be voted out the minute they found me of no use to them. I think Will would have done better sticking with his tribe mates, because when you slice it, he's at the bottom no matter what of any alliance and he's just gonna be used and this is what you get when you're a flopper.

Tyler and Carolyn better not take too much pride in being swing votes. The power is only temporarily unless they're able to plan a big move cause if they can't both alliances will band together and vote the swing voters out, because swing voters can never be fully trusted. It didn't happen last season because the swing voters were a couple.

• Love 1

You know for the first time in...well hell I think ever I do not outright dislike any of the castaways.  Sure Rodney annoys me a bit but not that much and I thought Will made a really dumb move (If the Idol had not been played the move would have worked for him but as I said in his thread I really wish he would have stuck by the people who kept him in the game) but all in all there is not one person that I dislike and that is a good thing.

• Love 3

While I certainly like the play and yet another thwart of Rodney's plan, I do not get the rationale of the four to vote Kelly. She is rather benign and not good at challenges. Why not gun for Rodney or Mike who are visibly vocal and driving?

I think it was Jenn who said that Kelly was the glue keeping the blue collars together and that with her gone they will fall apart. We will see if that comes true in the next few weeks.

• Love 9

I think it was Jenn who said that Kelly was the glue keeping the blue collars together and that with her gone they will fall apart. We will see if that comes true in the next few weeks.

I remember her saying that.  I feel like these contestants got a completely different side of Kelly than we're seeing.  She looked like a clueless little follower of Mike's, but maybe she was actually active in the game and making decisions.  At any rate, I'm glad she got the boot.  Would have rather it been Mike or Rodney, and I'm wondering if those names even came up.  But for Carolyn to trust her, and Jenn to say that, she must have put on a convincing case.  Maybe it would have worked better for her if she played it up that she wasn't swinging right back to her old tribe.  With all the talk about numbers and power couples coming from Mike, you think he'd be the one to get a clue, pretend to separate from his tribe, and extend an olive branch.

• Love 2
See now while once I thought Shirin was annoying, now I think she's a delight.

Seeing how quickly Shirin took to the NCs it's obvious she was stuck in the wrong group.  It's almost as if someone in production screwed up and accidentally switched Shirin and the deaf lady.

It's hard to say because so much is left out, but it didn't seem as though the NCs where lobbying the remnants of the WCs aggressively enough.  I hope Tyler and Carolyn (and Will I guess) now see what a mistake it is to attach themselves to the butt-end of the BC brain trust.

• Love 7

It would strategically almost be in Carolyn/Tyler/Will's best interest to join the alliance of Jenn/Hali/Joe/Shirin.  Obviously it appears that the two girls and Joe are the power trio, but there's always Shirin to swing back over to your side when it gets down to the seven of you.  And who knows, if the girls wanted to get rid of Joe, or Joe felt like the girls might try and oust them, they could get in with them and move up.  With the blues, I don't see that group being as easily broken.  That may be Rodney and Sierra's intentions (at least I think with Sierra), but who knows that they wouldn't change their minds when it got down to their original 5 and then the leftovers of Tyler/Carolyn/Will.

• Love 2

Kelly strikes me as the type that could be the glue holding an alliance together. The editors made sure to emphasize her relationship with Carolyn. Take her out of the equation what do you got? Jerky Dan, Derpy Mike, Asshole Rodney, Sierra who can't stand any of them, and now Carolyn and Tyler who don't have any ties to the Blue Collars. A lot of combustible elements that the No Collars might capitalize on. 

• Love 11
(edited)

People who are not on his tribe seem to have a strong sense of him. I bet his is totally obnoxious at the challenges acting out with comments and attempted jokes, etc., etc. What a tool.

But he was "getting his Deniro on"!   Major eyeroll there, but not as big as the one with 'Merica.  That was horrible, and color me surprised that I'm on the same wavelength as Shirin.

Speaking of Roidney, I don't think I can say it any better than Joe's face did.  Guy is a massive tool.   But I guess at least he's trying to stir the pot.   I'm convinced Will has no idea what he's doing out there at all.

Loving the No Collars plus Shirin.  Jenn especially is emerging as my favorite player of the past several seasons.  As someone  said,  her wit is golden.  She also reminds me  a bit of Sandra with her calling out the bs when she sees it like with how hard the lines will be drawn.   

Edited by vb68
  • Love 9
(edited)

But he was "getting his Deniro on"!   Major eyeroll there, but not as big as the one with 'Merica.  That was horrible, and color me surprised that I'm on the same wavelength as Shirin.

Speaking of Roidney, I don't think I can say it any better than Joe's face did.  Guy is a massive tool.   But I guess at least he's trying to stir the pot.   I'm convinced Will has no idea what he's doing out there at all.

Loving the No Collars plus Shirin.  Jenn especially is emerging as my favorite player of the past several seasons.  As someone  said,  her wit is golden.  She also reminds me  a bit of Sandra with her calling out the bs when she sees it like with how hard the lines will be drawn.   

I realized in re-watching that there was the sound effect of a cymbal when Joe made that face.  Made it all the more better.  With each passing week, I'm thinking fewer people really know what they're doing out there.  I didn't think Will was going to be a rocket scientist out there, but I thought he had a better grasp of what was at least happening around him.

Kelly said in a confessional that Carolyn didn't like the NC, which kind of surprises me.  It seemed like that tribe was getting along well together, minus maybe Kelly.  Now I wish they had thrown the challenge last week faster than Mike and gotten Kelly out then.  When Carolyn made her 'line is drawn' remark, she also said sometimes its harder to go back to the other side.  I do wonder if her and Tyler will attempt to join the NC next week since they lost their link in Kelly.  I hope so, because I really don't want to think of Jenn/Hali/Joe going home.  And I worry if Joe wins immunity again, they will target the girls.  I guess I'll see how much Jeff over or underhypes the episode to see if something will actually happen.  I like Carolyn, and am neutral to Tyler, but it would be the icing on the cake if Carolyn 'line drawn, hope you made the right decision' comment comes back to bite her.  BC may wind up targeting her or Tyler next week, just to get their votes out of there.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
(edited)

This episode was so much fun!  We have Rodney, playing the Wile E. Coyote character, being foiled again. Meep!Meep!  Joe's response when Jenn asked if Rodney was smart was classic.  Kelly undermining her undercover skills once and for all.  A bee stinging a hooha. Shirin playing smart is starting to grow on me (although I did still laugh at Hali/Jenn's discussion whether they could they tolerate her enough to go with her).  And a wonderful idol play at the end to top it all off!  I loved Hali and Jenn's reactions as the votes were read:  (i) first vote, oh shit, we guessed wrong; (ii) second vote, maybe we are okay; (iii) third vote on, yes! we got this!!!!  Sure, they may be going soon, but why the hell not have fun with your win at this tribal!

Finally, I think any line drawn tonight will have as much permanence as a line drawn in the sand when the tide is starting to rise; which makes me happy for things to come.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 20

Great episode.  The merge divided things in an interesting and unpredictable way, and it ended with a fairly unpredictable target going home.  Hooray for Survivor!

I don't think the Blue Collars could've managed a proper vote split since they didn't know if they could trust Will or not, and they must've figured Shirin was staying with the No Collars.  Had Shirin or Will been firmly on board, they could've tossed four votes each to Jen and Hali and ensured that one of them was eliminated.  Instead, we get that awesome HII usage and the blindside, putting a big dent in the Blue Collar plan.

Kelly may have been the perfect person to vote out, as others have noted, since she was the link between Carolyn and the rest of the Blue Collars.  With Kelly gone, Carolyn and Tyler are swing votes again, and they could just as easily team up with the No Collars next time to deal another crushing blow to the Blues.

In fact, if Carolyn/Tyler are smart, they could keep swinging between the two factions and ride the flip-floppery all the way to the end, with Will as the third in the F3.  Carolyn will probably have to use her idol at some point to ensure this, but if she or Tyler find the other one, they could be in terrific shape.  They were essentially in a no-lose spot no matter how the vote went tonight ---- had Jenn been voted out, it would've been easy for Carolyn/Tyler to team up with the remainder of Hali/Joe/Shirin/Will and take out one of the Blue Collars at the next vote.

Rodney's basketball analogies are cracking me up.  You should be so lucky to be Luc Longley, Rodney....Luc's rocking three championship rings and laughing all the way to the bank.  I also love Rodney's little comparison of himself to Michael Jordan.  Pro tip: when you're trying to get in tight with another person and you say the two of you are like "Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen" or "Batman and Robin," always cite the OTHER PERSON as Jordan/Batman, not yourself.  If you name yourself as the Jordan/Batman, you're immediately putting the other person in the second banana role and telling them exactly how you feel about their role in the partnership.

Will is looking like a sucker right now, yet I can at least understand his position.  He's been with Hali/Jenn since day one, so he knows they're as tight as can be....combined with Joe, they're an even tighter trio.  He knows that if he sticks with them, he's the clear #4 in their alliance, maybe even #5 with Shirin now in the picture.  By flipping, Will was taking the chance of finding a deeper crack within the Blues (possibly via Rodney) or working someone out with Tyler/Carolyn.  His flip looks particularly bad since unlike the openly swing vote ex-White Collars, Will actually did stab his old tribe in the back, so he's out in no man's land as well now.  There are still such numbers on the Red and Blue sides, however, and Will should still be fine for a few more weeks....in fact, since he did "prove his loyalty" with the Hali vote, he could potentially join the Blue Collars in Kelly's old spot.

• Love 6