Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Try

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

The Jessie story is horrid. Get this woman off my screen. What a predictable story. Pete the abuser and Jessie the poor victim who Rick wants to save and bone...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Hopefully the W killer can get Jessie next.

Rick and Carol are lunatics and not really in an amusing way IMO.

I love Glenn.

Sasha please shut up about your pain. I don't care.

Michonne is awesome. Loved that she knocked crazy ass Rick out while he was ranting and raving like a psycho.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 9

Wow.  So this was TWD's latest "Try".

-  So called it on Dickolas [henceforth known as 'Dickless' by me, from now on] giving the exact opposite of the truth to Deanna, about what really went down.  Still want him to die in a fire while being gang-eaten by walkers.  Wonder if we'll get a flashback as to how and why Dickless stole Rick's "blender piece".

-  I tried to stay 'in story' for the Canid scene, in the tree, but with the long hair on each, their breathing kept blowing each other's hair.  I had to try real hard to not start laughing uncontrollably because I thought they were messing around, "hey check it out, we can make it look like we're models with blowing hair, but its really just floor fans".  And then Enid started smiling and it was like "OMG, she totally see's it now, too!"  lol

-  Poor Sasha.  What did all that wasted ammo ever do to you?

-  Carol stepping up for the downtrodden family!  I really wish they had of shown that stuff she told Rick, between her and Sam.  Really lacked the 'emotional weight', without it (IMO).  And look at that 'Rissie' shipper go!  "I've seen how you are around her; how you talk to her".

-  And speaking of Rick/Jessie... I can't help but root for it, at least a bit.  But good Lord, does this have all the earmarks of being all kinds of weird later.  It's already showing signs.  She tells him he/they can't [homewreck, basically], even with Pete doing what he does... but after some more of the Rick 'sweet talk', she's all "OK, let's kill him!  (or exile him)".  Umm.  I know its the ZA, but if someone told me they'd kill someone just for me, and nobody else, I'd want to put just a bit of space between myself and this clearly crazy person. 

-  Really wish they would have started the whole ASZ plot before the last 5 eps of the season.  Everything has just felt so incredibly rushed and has made for a lot of inorganic storytelling.  Not to mention not seeing people from "our group" for whole eps, or more. 

-  Michonne, love ya girl, but c'mon now.  Friends don't pistol whip friends when in they are in the middle of a heated, gun waving, bloody-faced rant.  Just not cool.

-  Daryl/Aaron are bromancing the detective trail of the mutilated and 'left for dead' people.  Kinda upset that Daryl didn't make a mention of having seen 'that' before, that being the W on the forehead.  (was only like 2 or 3 eps back, which would only be like a week, tops, in show time)

-  And going off that;  the Unfair Wolves are basically howling right outside the gates/walls now.  I have a morbid excitement to get introduced to these Wolves, because whoever they are... its gonna be frigging crazy and horrific. 

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 8

Deanna doesn't really think that; she just doesn't really care.  Deanna is totally willing to sacrifice Jessie's blood to keep a surgeon in town.

Honestly, I could get behind Rick all the way if the writers didn't insist on portraying Rick as ONLY caring that Pete hits Jessie because he's into her. I wouldn't even care if he was into her, but to have him say he wouldn't do this for anyone else? Really? I don't buy that for a minute. He'd just let any other wife beater walk free? No. Fuck that. It's really taking me out of the moment, to be honest.

Rick's shock at Deanna tolerating drunky Pete's wife-beating is completely hollow, given that he told Jessie he wouldn't care if this was someone else. I dunno, maybie it's his idea of cute flirty talk in post ZA world, but he managed to piss me off more than glorious leader.

am reminded of what Carol said when they first arrived at ASZ. Even though Rick was wrong, he was still right. He is right that Pete shouldn't be allowed to beat his wife (though I don't believe he wouldn't do intervene for someone else, regardless of the attraction he feels toward Jessie). He is right that the way they run things in ASZ is unsafe and asking for trouble. He is right that, sooner or later, trouble will come and these people are not prepared.

But, unfortunately, he is sooooooo wrong in his approach to this situation. He is clearly not fully in control of himself right now, but nothing he did this episode was smart. In any way. I really wish he could have handled this better. Think of the children, Rick! Judith and Carl need a home!

He is not making smart, survival oriented decisions. Really, if he gets cast out, does he take his kids with him to  the unsafe outside? or leave them behind in a community that is woefully unprepared for an inevitable invasion? Does he hope some of his people will follow, because it seem to me that most of them have committed to staying. Even though this story will eventually get to a place where even if he was wrong, he was right, in the present, he is very badly wrong.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 6

Well, you should be, because I would love that so much. There have to be some scientists left who aren't drunkards, after all!

"My doctoral dissertation is about the roaming patterns of walkers and their migratory habits".

Sheldon: Metal ear tags with radio transmitters keep falling out...

Raj: Ankle bands are never tight enough...

Penny: What about carving into their skin?

Sheldon & Raj: Hmmmm

• Love 9

After tonights episode, I realized that the ham-handed way they had Carol Lady MacBeth Rick about the whole abuse thing was just the mechanism to get Rick into that fist fight with Dr. Surgeon guy. The whole abuse storyline, which was entirely told and not at all shown, was just a not well-written mechanism for the fight and Rick's speechifying. Before tonight I thought it was just a not well-written abuse storyline. But it wasn't even that.

Felt bad for Sasha because she's lost so much and she can't seem to take a break from the PTSD at ASZ like others. But I'm still mightily bothered by her childishness, like yelling at Michonne for killing the Walker which was about to gnaw on her.

So, Rick wouldn't have "saved" a different woman who was what, less hot than Jessie? I hope that's not what they were trying to have Rick convey.

• Love 8

Ok seriously, how is Pete even the doctor? It seems like he`s wandering around drunk all the freaking time. They cant get someone else to learn some medical stuff? 

Even worse, this whole story line is really hurting Rick as character. Its pretty clear he does not really care about a woman being beaten by her husband, he just sees a hot, blond, damsel in distress he can bang. Saying he wouldn't do anything if it was someone else seems really messed up and out of character. Why is Jessie so awesome? She`s nice, nurturing, and makes owls? Awesome. So we get the endless fun of watching two alpha guys (well, one alpha wanna be) fighting over some crying woman. Literally. It even made him shove Carl? A woman Rick has known for, like, a few days. He is screwing up his whole groups chances of living in safety for this chick? God this is lame.

Glenn, on the other hand, is awesome. The scene where he told Nick that he should be dead was amazing. Can he be our hero for awhile, until the writers figure out what to do with Rick? 

Oh, and please tell me there are going to be a billion gifs of Michonne nailing Rick over the head by tomorrow? 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 17

So.... Rick just flat-out lost it, huh?  Even though I think he has a point about how much in denial Deanna and Alexandra is, and Peter certainly is a bad dude, that is not the way to approach it.  It's not like he isn't even trying to find a peaceful way to get Peter away from Jessie.  He's totally embracing Carol's "You have to kill him!" theory, and it's just so confusing.  I mean, Michonne is the deputy, right? Why not send her to try and talk things out?  Maybe I would care more, if I was actually invested in Rick/Jessie, but I'm not.  Just a boring story.

And, frankly, Rick was even a disappointment in the fight.  For a drunk who has had a shelter life for a zombie apocalypse, Peter actually held his own pretty well.  For shame, Rick!

Sasha has also lost her damn mind, but at least she is keeping her craziness out the wall, and against walkers. And, it lead to Michonne and Rosita helping out, which I'm down with.

Glenn is awesome again.  Loved him intimidating Nicholas the Coward.  I just hope he's prepared.  Nicholas the Coward is totally someone who would cowardly shoot him in the back, and he now has the gun to do so.

Want more Daryl and Aaron.

Michonne knocking out Rick in the end, was awesome.  Dude as crazy; might as well stop it before it gets worse and make yourself look like a reasonable human being.  I smell a promotion!

Finale is going to be weird.  Instead of a big ultimate threat or anything, it basically sounds like the set-up is how far off the deep end has Rick become, and can they pull him out of it.  Deanna is cold and all, but I wouldn't really call her villainous or anything.

• Love 8

Big gasp when Pete punched Jesse when she tried to break up the fight, but an even bigger one from me when Rick sent Carl flying when he tried to break them up.

I suspect that in the heat of fight like that, you notice nothing except that other hands are on you and you react .. I would be surprised if Rick and Pete could even recall who interfered, who they might have hurt in throwing them off. 

I too hate that Rick said (when talking to Jessie about Pete) that he wouldn't do it for anyone else. And now I know how I feel about Jessie. I don't like her. She played Pete and Rick like Lori played Rick and Shane. Her words said leave it alone, go away, I can take care of myself .. but her eyes and actions said different. As soon as he said no, only her he would do it for, she knew she had crazy-guy wrapped. Thus why she spoke right up when Pete entered and she told him to leave. Because Rick was standing right there! She could have told Rick to leave instead and given the husband some bullshit story about why Rick was there and then taken some time to think things over and come up with a plan. But no, instead of defusing the situation she lit the fuse by trying to give Pete the boot right then, in front of Rick, knowing full well it would erupt into an opportunity for Rick to kill Pete. 

Her idea of taking care of herself seems to be letting another man take care of her.  Like Lori. 

• Love 18

-  And speaking of Rick/Jessie... I can't help but root for it, at least a bit.  But good Lord, does this have all the earmarks of being all kinds of weird later.  It's already showing signs.  She tells him he/they can't [homewreck, basically], even with Pete doing what he does... but after some more of the Rick 'sweet talk', she's all "OK, let's kill him!  (or exile him)".  Umm.  I know its the ZA, but if someone told me they'd kill someone just for me, and nobody else, I'd want to put just a bit of space between myself and this clearly crazy person. 

I get what you're saying but I don't think Jessie knew he was talking about killing or even exiling. Just was watching those scenes in the replay and she asks him "what are you going to do put him in jail" and he avoids the question. Then after seeing the boy with the red balloon he goes back in and talks about wanting to protect her and her sons. He never says exile or kills. She responds "yes" after talked about protection and she asked him if he'd offer that to anyone else or just her. When her husband comes in, she tells him to leave. To me that means she knows (finally) that someone is there to protect her and she has the power to ask him to leave. 

So I think she just interpreted all of that as protection, not killing. 

My question is: do they have helium in that place or something? I saw the balloon and was like, "what the heck?"

(I know, everyone else has thought provoking analysis and I'm fixated on the feasibility of a balloon.)

Edited by I-Kare
  • Love 12

Part of me wants it to turn out that the Ws are carved by an intrepid band of scientists who want to establish Walker roaming patterns, and this is how they keep track of them.

This explains why I am not a writer of this sort of show.

I love it. Couldn't you just see the documentary on the migratory patterns of the North American roamers?
  • Love 6

I really wish we had more time with Alexandria because too much of this story is being rushed and its such a shame because the bones of this story are great. The idea that CDB finds a "safe place" and struggles to fit in is a really interesting one but its so rushed that I have no idea how most of the group feels about it. We saw Daryl get a job and now we saw Daryl do his job, but I have no idea where his head is at. Same with Maggie and I'd love to see how she's coping. In the last little while she's lost her dad and her sister. There needed to be more time to tell this story.

Also, if there had been more time, we could have seen Jessie in a scene that Rick wasn't in. She hasn't been in a scene without Rick. She's not a person, just an extension of him and I don't care about her. Maybe with more time we could have seen her bringing food to Eugene while he watched over Tara. Maybe we could have seen her and Carol have a conversation where Carol tried to suss out what was going on in that house. Jessie is the pivotal figure of the back half of the season and she only ever talks to Rick, Pete or Sam. She needed more time to be built up.

Deanna needed more time too, honestly. I get a pretty good sense from her (the actress who plays her is fantastic) but she's leading a community that I want to know more about. They had so many guns in that locker. Where'd those come from? How many times have people not come back from a run? Besides exile, how does she maintain order? Why would someone like Pete listen to her? I think she's right about some things, wrong about others and that's what makes her so interesting. After cannibals and Governors, its exciting to have an antagonist who is complicated.

So I'm disappointed with a lot of the stuff tonight because I like the ideas but hate the execution. I like action and speed but there is something to be said for the suspense of something building up. After travelling in a circle around Atlanta for 4.5 seasons, a change of scenery deserves a little more time.

• Love 13

I get what you're saying but I don't think Jessie knew he was talking about killing or even exiling. Just was watching those scene scenes in the replay and she asks him "what are you going to do put him in jail" and he avoids the question. Then after seeing the boy with the red balloon he goes back in and talks about wanting to protect her and her sons. He never says exile or kills. She responds "yes" after talked about protection and she asked him if he'd offer that to anyone else or just her. When her husband comes in, she tells him to leave. To me that means she knows (finally) that someone is there to protect her and she has the power to ask him to leave. 

So I think she just interpreted all of that as protection, not killing. 

I understand that interpretation, but I saw it as she started to realize just what Rick meant both when he didn't answer her "and what?  put him in jail??" question, and his pleading with her in the house.  Just my interpretation of it all.  Guess we'll find out next week.

• Love 3

Alexandria has a caste system.  that's what's bugging Rick. 

More specifically, the issue is that it's a caste system without him at the top.

Unlike with the Prison Council, Rick can't just do what he wants and get away with it.

• Love 9

Why did Deanne take the note but leave the casserole on the porch? 

And why did Carol just leave it on the porch anyway?

Deanne wants a civilized society and that's what people do in a civilized society - take meals to the family in mourning.  

• Love 5

Also, if there had been more time, we could have seen Jessie in a scene that Rick wasn't in. She hasn't been in a scene without Rick. She's not a person, just an extension of him and I don't care about her. Maybe with more time we could have seen her bringing food to Eugene while he watched over Tara. Maybe we could have seen her and Carol have a conversation where Carol tried to suss out what was going on in that house. Jessie is the pivotal figure of the back half of the season and she only ever talks to Rick, Pete or Sam. She needed more time to be built up.

There are many characters we don't "get to know" in all aspects, as some are, indeed, meant specifically to further the plot and/or characterization of a main character, and I think Jessie is one of those. We know her through her interactions with Rick, and also about her through Sam's interactions with Carol, and through Pete. I think that that's all that's really necessary. We barely knew Aiden, for example, and there are several other Alexandrians whom we know little about. To assume that Jessie requires more fleshing out is to, IMO, give her more importance than is actually necessary for the plot that she fuels to go forward.

• Love 6

In regards to Tara and Judith, I'm sticking to my headcannon that Eugene is sitting with Tara and Maggie has the day off and is happily reading stories to Judith. Judith, meanwhile, is trying to distract Maggie long enough to start gnawing some teeth through using the book.

• Love 6

Daryl/Aaron are bromancing the detective trail of the mutilated and 'left for dead' people.  Kinda upset that Daryl didn't make a mention of having seen 'that' before, that being the W on the forehead.  (was only like 2 or 3 eps back, which would only be like a week, tops, in show time)

I was expecting the "bait woman" to be wearing antlers and Aaron talking like Rust.....

• Love 4

I was hoping when Rick said he would only do this for Jessie that she'd say, "Uh no thanks, then, because I don't really need another violent guy obsessed with me right now." But instead she decided that she wanted his help because he thought she was special. Did she realize he meant that he would kill Pete for her? Because she was acting kind of horrified at the sight of it. I guess it's different seeing it come to pass than thinking of it hypothetically.

• Love 6

And for a little trivia: If you are wondering where the strange one word episode titles are coming from, as many have pointed out, it comes from this quote:

Which was quoted, at least in part, by Dale in Season 1 as my daughter pointed out to me when I showed her your post. 

• Love 2

I just feel like this entire story has been rushed. Yes, Rick is crazy. Yes, the safe zone is full of cowards who are pretending the world is still the same it was before the ZA.

But the events that have transpired in the Safe Zone seem rushed to me. This could have easily take an entire season to develop. I don't quite see what the rush was. I'm not asking for a season of the farm again...but it would be nice to allow some of these stories to percolate. I would be much more responsive to Rick's dilemma if it had taken longer than 4 episodes to unfold.

I agree, and this is exactly my problem with the Rick/Jessie/porchdick drama. Why should we care??

• Love 2

Not only did the tree lady look like a fresh kill, but the scattered body parts looked too healthy to have come from anything other than the recently dead, which could include people who died from being dismembered. The implications of a woman stripped and tied to a tree are obvious and as well, the way she had been gutted  but not devoured with no walker nearby suggests that her injury was a result of human action,  even if a walker was used to kill her.

Daryl and Aaron see a light and go to check it out-- apparently it took them many, many hours to cross that field because it was bright morning by the time they got a few hundred yards and no one was around.

Aaron watched and followed CDB for a while, to make sure he'd be safe directly contacting them and to ensure he was recruiting people that would not ruin the place. (jury's out...) I don't think they are going to abandon that kind of caution, I believe they waited until morning to approach the location of the light, and only entered the site when it became obvious no-one was there. What I wonder about is that they heard no screaming. Does that mean the worst of what happened occurred before they saw the light Or did they move to a distance where it would have been inaudible?

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 7

Oh, God!  Something just came to me, and I apologize if this has already been brought up, but did anyone get a Stephen King vibe with the red balloon and the paper boat?  Is Pennywise really in charge of the Alexandria Safe Zone?  What a tweest!

• Love 12

After this episode, I want Michonne, Rosita, Darryl, Glen and Maggie to go off on their own. Aaron can come too if he wants. Rick didn't do himself any favors with his bull in the china shop approach but seriously, how valuable is a drunk doctor really? And why not just make his death look like an accident? I guess subtlety was never Rick or Carol's strong suit.

• Love 5

After this episode, I want Michonne, Rosita, Darryl, Glen and Maggie to go off on their own. Aaron can come too if he wants. Rick didn't do himself any favors with his bull in the china shop approach but seriously, how valuable is a drunk doctor really? And why not just make his death look like an accident? I guess subtlety was never Rick or Carol's strong suit.

This might have worked before he confronted Deanna about Pete, but not after.  Especially when he flat out told her that they needed to kill Pete, if he didn't desist.

I can't recall-that douchebag Nicholas isn't Aaron's boyfriend, is he? I don't want Aaron's boyfriend to be a jerk.

No, that's Eric, the skinny guy with the rolled (?) ankle.

• Love 4

So, Rick wouldn't have "saved" a different woman who was what, less hot than Jessie? I hope that's not what they were trying to have Rick convey.

I'm fanwanking that as "Rick's lack of game".  He knew he had 2 choices for responses, and thought it was the lesser of 2 evils to choose the "What? No!  Of course I'm not some violent knee-jerker!  It's all YOU, baby!"

Why did Deanne take the note but leave the casserole on the porch? 

And why did Carol just leave it on the porch anyway?

Deanne wants a civilized society and that's what people do in a civilized society - take meals to the family in mourning.  

Agreed, I'm expecting some dangerous future reactions from Deanna partly because she knows that part of the social compact, results in "you accept the food offering".

• Love 5

Pacing seems to be the number 1 issue of this show.   People complain when the plot moves too fast and also complain when it moves too slow.  It seems like in the all the seasons since the first one, they've never managed to please anyone with the pacing.  Part of the problem is that they are splitting the season in half, forcing some sort of cliffhanger with each half.

IThey could have elimated the Atlanta hospital storyline, but adding that many episodes to the ASZ might have dragged things out too much.

• Love 3

Before this half of the season started, Andrew Lincoln gave an interview to EW about what was going to happen This is part of it:

I mean it’s completely uncompromising and it’s almost like there’s a mini pilot episode in the middle of the season and it’s nuts. It’s f—ing nuts! I can’t explain what it was like doing it, but it was pretty crazy—just an amazing experience.

What am I missing? Rick is crazy again, Darryl is out killing walkers, Carl is...Carl, etc, etc, etc, what part is fucking nuts? The only interesting thing in this entire episode was Michonne clocking Rick, the rest of it was the same crap we've been watching. I'm bored & I don't care about any of this.

• Love 1

Jessie and the kids should have moved out. Rick and Michonne could have kept Pete from attacking them while they packed their stuff. They could load everything they wanted into a big oxcart and have Abraham pull it. If/when Pete did come over to the new place and start trouble, they could stab him, write some crazy religious nonsense on the wall in his blood, and frame Father Pee Pants for the murder. 

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 15

The walker at the very, very start of the episode who was wandering in the dark had fresh, wet blood all over him. Since they aren't very fast, he had to have eaten pretty close to ASZ.

It seems as if unseen people open the gates for other people to get out (so you can't get out unseen), and Deanna ordered both Nick and Glenn to stay in for now, right? If so, Nick would have to sneak out to dig up Rick's gun that he stole. Then we have at least two people sneaking out--how many more might there be?

I only started watching TWD a few weeks ago. I binged through all of the seasons and I'm finally watching the airings in real time. My question is... Considering the shape CDB is in after all they've been through, what shape could Morgan possibly be in? Has he really been out there all of this time by himself? As much as I hope he has his stuff together, I fear he's over the edge and is out there carving letters in an extreme PTSD state. I really hope not, though.

I posited that the W's might actually be M's after the one Rick, Carol and Daryl found together because the last angle shown by the camera showed it upside down, but I really don't think it's Morgan. Morgan already had a break, and I think it's implied that he improved because of Rick's visit to his well-fortified town. I don't think they'd have him break again (I hope).

Who's taking care of Judith? And Tara?

When Carol was thinking of what to write on the card to Deanna, she looked at the video baby monitor that showed Judith. It's her at least some of the time, then.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 4

Like others, I'm vexed why Rick said, in essence, that he wouldn't be as concerned for DV abuse victims as he was for Jesse. That's pretty much what his clueless response to Carole was, re: Ed.  Am I supposed to read into that response that he was a shit cop before the ZA to DV complaints?  If Rick is characterized as a good cop, pre ZA, why would he stand for DV in any respect now?  Saying that it only mattered that Jesse was the victim was so not in character pre ASZ.  If he found out that little old couple had the man beating the woman, would he not do something?  The Rick Grimes I saw before this ep would have done something.  I guess now his little head got in front of his big head?  And he wouldn't have stood up for Carole at CDB before Ed was eaten?  If weren't the case, I want Carole to take out Rick.  I haven't been pissed about an episode since S2 like this one. 

Aside from all of that, I wanted Sasha to come down out of the tower and say "While you two idiots were out measuring dicks, I took down over a half dozen walkers at the walls.  Wanna do something about that, mofos?"  I get Sasha has some serious PTSD, but she's not wrong.  Those walls are far too frail.

• Love 8

Ugh, I just lost a whole post I wrote, so I will just rewrite one part of it.

The whole Pete/Jessie storyline is dumb because nothing about it is logical and/or it could be easily solved.  It seems the town doctor's main problem is his drinking, so...they just let him keep drinking?  He apparently has unlimited alcohol privileges in a rationed society?   So does he just stumble up to Olivia for more and she checks it off her clipboard?  It's just stupid.  It's not like he can run down to Quik Trip. 

The only thing realistic is Deanna's lazy response to a DV situation.  But letting your only doctor, or anyone, really, walk around loaded all the time is ridiculous.  Especially in a world with a finite alcohol supply.

• Love 4

Rick was just fine leaving Dawn and her violent, rapey lollipops in charge as long as they gave back Beth.

Gotta challenge that'un.

IIRC, before leaving Rick told the Grady Bunch anybody who wanted could leave with CDB.

No takers isn't Rick's fault.

• Love 12

Rick was just fine leaving Dawn and her violent, rapey lollipops in charge as long as they gave back Beth. So, yeah, if Rick hasn't specifically decided that he likes you, he really doesn't give a crap what happens to you.

I disagree with that in the sense that they had nothing to do with that group other than trying to get Beth and Carol out of there and go on their way.  If they had to live with them, I think it would be different.

• Love 3

Overall, I found the script to be very goal-driven, at the expense of actual details making sense. "We need Rick and Pete to fight over Porch Chick, so make it happen." That sort of thing. The story outline itself had a few checkpoints which were linked together like a simple primitive connect-the-dots picture. But there was some good dialogue in there. Also some that could have been better, but some that was actually good. And the actors pretty much all knocked it out of the park. Pete was such a one-note thug that I kept expecting Rick to pull out a can of spinach before beating him, but others all did well. Say what you will about the Jessick conversation, I thought even in that scene both actors did a great job with the material they were given. It was the most interesting Jessie has ever been, that's for sure. And while I am certainly not a Rick fan, I do admit that AL does an amazing job at playing him.

• Love 7

I brought this up earlier, but this whole ASZ storyline has been vastly underwhelming - all because of how tptb decided to run with it.

-  We're told that they need Pete because he's a surgeon and has saved lives.  Ok.  So when was that?  All we've seen of him since CDB arrived is a belligerent drunk who beats his wife and kids (which is again, only based on hearsay, to us viewers).  The only time we saw anything was his getting in her face a bit when he caught her & Rick talking in their house, and then back-handed her when she tried to pull him off Rick, in the big street brawl.  (But then Rick shoved Carl off when he tried to break it up too, so if one didn't know the situation, Pete's hitting Jessie could have looked as if it were either incidental or "lost in the moment" thing)

-  Deanna is running this 'humanity-rebuilding utopia', and has all this structure and whatnot set up, but we never really see any real solid  evidence of this [and no, Rick/Michonne dressing up and playing at 'constables' doesn't count].  We just see the during or after effects of when shit hits the fan during episodes.

-  Deanna really is Dawn, part deux; what with her knowing but not acknowledging the fact that Pete is an abuser.  Turns a blind eye to the plight of a very few "for the greater good, of the many".  Thing about it is, to me... if she knows, other people have to know too.  And if they do, these people feel safe & comfortable enough to go to this drunk abusive man for medical treatment, let alone their kids??   Yeah.  Not so much.

-  Don't think I buy Enid's "I belong out here (in the wild)" reason for why she runs off out in the woods.  Not necessarily saying she is a 'Wolf', but there's a reason more than just the one she gave.  I could see it being something with the other older kids or Pete, or something else similar.

And a sort of OT observation - compared to rest of the post - but the 'CDB' moniker really does apply to this group;

S1 - Atlanta camp got hit hard before left for CDC

S2 - Highway herd at the start and then Hershel's farm got overrun when they were there

S3 - Outer prison fences were always loaded with walkers

(first half of) S4 - Same as S3  /  (2nd half of) S4 saw Terminus get overrun during/after CDB's time there

(first half of) S5 -  Church attracted a mini-herd  /  (2nd half of) S5 is seeing ASZ [and surrounding areas] getting more and more walkers now

• Love 2

Where the hell is Maggie?!

I pictured her off talking to Father Pee-pants. "Gabriel, you little bitch" made me laugh when I saw it in the photo recap last week. 

She was probably with Tara, though. 

- - - - - -

When I heard the music at the beginning, I thought this was going to be a really good episode. I can't believe that last week's preview was the end of the episode. Ugh. 

I felt bad for Rick - his crouching there all bloody, and amazed that they were looking at him as the problem. He tried to warn you, Deanna. 

I do not see the attraction between Rick and Jessie, though. It's too rushed, and Jessie's sudden change of heart annoyed me. 

I liked Carl and Enid. It's a shame that it looks like he'll have to get back to being an adult before his time, what with the wolves heading their way. I like that Enid is smart - or seems to be, so far.

I liked them talking about Noah, and felt really bad for Sasha. It makes sense to me that she isn't okay, and just settling into the neighbourhood. 

Did Carol say that she wanted someone to see her leaving the casserole? Or was she just pointing someone out to Rick? 

Liked Rosita and Michonne looking for Sasha.

Where was everyone else? The people at the party. They're conveniently there long enough to horrify CDB with talk of pasta makers and favourite dishes, but then disappear when anything else is going on. 

Although I don't see chemistry (sorry - that word again) between Rick and Jessie, I do understand Rick's being all over the place emotionally. It's jarring enough to land where they are now, but to go from almost feral, to that, and having his hormones decide to kick in. I don't like him almost killing her husband - I was glad when he told Pete to keep walking. They could have moved Jessie and her boys into the house with Deanna, or at this point in time, moved Pete out, and one of our people in with her, like Carol, Maggie and Glenn, Abe and Rosita, or Michonne (for protection). 

I see how they're disrupting things, but at the same time, they invited them to stay. I wonder how Deanna would have done with Gareth, and Joe's group. The Governor. Deanna: "we're civilized people." Any of them: "heh."

I wonder how long her younger son will stick around. 

The lyrics of the NIN song were fitting, and they also remind me of Morgan's episode. Was that, "Clear"?

• Love 6

I'm actually not that surprised that Pete was kicking Rick's ass: he's never really been a GREAT fighter. He's a scrappy fighter, yeah, and very good at improvising and using his environment to his advantage, and put a weapon in his hand he's terrifying. But Shane had him flattened even before The Throwing of The Wrench, he only overpowered Tyreese because Daryl was holding him back, the Governor almost killed him using only his fists, and before he unleashed The Teeth Joe was totally winning that fight. Add to that the fact that he's tiny compared to Pete, who's almost a full head taller than him, and I'm not surprised that he was faring pretty poorly.

• Love 18