Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

Had Taylor never seen previous seasons of the show? Why would any viewer think he was marriage material? Unless she’s delusional, Taylor must’ve just wanted the media exposure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Is there any platform where you can stream all of the past seasons?

The Bravo App might have them. It’s free if you get your Southern Charm through cable tv. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Re: the real time break up of Shep and Taylor.

I feel for her, as the current season show is still running and all the awkwardness that presents.

Then we'll have the usual reunion show. Don't all cast members of any Bravo show have to show up at the reunion to get paid? So will Taylor have to show and face Shep ?

I am sure she could use the money, versus trust fund baby Shep.

Shep should be a gentleman for once - and not attend the reunion.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

They may have already broken up and they will show it this season, which was filmed months ago.

The social media announcement may have been timed to coincide with the season being aired, to bring more attention to the show, draw in viewers.

A lot of SC viewers probably may not remember who Taylor is, based on her appearance last season.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, I just watched a few episodes of the new season. Just a few things that popped out for me.

It's mind-blowing that despite having years of footage demonstrating how bad her behavior is, Kathryn still doesn't get it. She's like Cliff from Cheers. Watching past episodes with commentary by a therapist would do her well....she hasn't changed a single bit from season one.

Co-signing Craig's observatin that Shep is not wired to be in a long-term relationship. 

Madison marrying a Morman who she hasn't slept with? It kind of answers the question she asked of Austen. "What do you have to offer me?" Seems more about portfolios than love.

The sole cast member I found likeable was the woman "dating" Austen. Too soon to say for sure, but she seemed to have her act together more than all the rest. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
On 7/29/2022 at 1:38 PM, Jextella said:

So, I just watched a few episodes of the new season. Just a few things that popped out for me.

It's mind-blowing that despite having years of footage demonstrating how bad her behavior is, Kathryn still doesn't get it. She's like Cliff from Cheers. Watching past episodes with commentary by a therapist would do her well....she hasn't changed a single bit from season one.

Co-signing Craig's observatin that Shep is not wired to be in a long-term relationship. 

Madison marrying a Morman who she hasn't slept with? It kind of answers the question she asked of Austen. "What do you have to offer me?" Seems more about portfolios than love.

The sole cast member I found likeable was the woman "dating" Austen. Too soon to say for sure, but she seemed to have her act together more than all the rest. 

I’m watching the woman dating Austen on WWHL now.  Is her name Olivia?  At first I thought it was Madison.  Lol. She seems a little deluded. All cuddled up with Kathryn and so proud of Austen…..idk.  I sort of feel sorry for her.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, ProudMary said:

This article from E! News is just a report on Taylor's comments on Thursday's WWHL about her break-up with Shep. There's also a clip from the show embedded in the article.

The Real Reason Southern Charm's Taylor Ann Green and Shep Rose Split

She said they never lived together, always had her own place, on WWHL.

But last season, didn't they say they were shacked up together during the lock down early in the pandemic?

Overall 2.5 years together supposedly.

Why would Shep even play at being with her for that long if he had no intention of being with her long term?

If he wants to be free, why even pretend to be in a relationship?

Seems like a showmance then, unless he was constantly cheating every chance he got.

I don't know how long Charleston locked down, maybe spring to summer of 2020?  Then the bars re-opened?

So maybe he kept chasing random hookups, regardless of covid.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Shep wanted a housekeeper, cook, sex partner, etc. (a traditional southern wife without the marriage) when COVID kept him from getting those things. He also knew that having a girlfriend would lend him an air of stability.

But you can read his feckless lifestyle all over his face.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 7/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I know this is super late but all the seasons are on the Peacock app.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

Brian Moylan’s recap, with such jewels as “Kathryn, a clump of mascara perpetually running down humanity’s face.”

https://www.vulture.com/article/southern-charm-recap-season-8-episode-10-walking-on-eggshells.html#_ga=2.167220602.51788500.1661205033-47382129.1653235031

His recaps are sooo much more enjoyable than the show.

I love him and his recaps.  Thank you!

This was in the comments, about how Shep talks down to everyone, he "even did with Thomas, that one time when he said some crazy crap about "I am above you"...."  I don't remember Shep ever saying that to Thomas, does anyone else?

• Wink 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

This was in the comments, about how Shep talks down to everyone, he "even did with Thomas, that one time when he said some crazy crap about "I am above you"...."  I don't remember Shep ever saying that to Thomas, does anyone else?

I mean, that was a classic Bethenny Frankel and Kelly Bensimone (spelling??) moment. Kelly to Bethenny: I'm up here and you're down there. 

• Love 2

THIS has been the latest online buzz about this sinking ship of a once great show; Kathryn hasn’t identified who did this to her(cannot fathom it being Cheleb, but he hasn’t confirmed nor denied it), but sources say that Shep and a few other cast members knew about these injuries and that was why she didn’t feel comfortable being on camera.

It *is* weird that Kathryn’s recent absences from the show are neither mentioned nor explained on camera or by any of the other cast members, so maybe that’s part of it…but then again, that’s also the telling sign of an overinflated main cast when several go completely MIA in a few episodes and it’s never even noticed nor mentioned((Shep’s pregnant cousin, Leva, Venita, never mind Madison/Pringle/Cheleb, etc…)).

So I'm moving this over to this thread so we can discuss it here.  GOOD LAWD who could do this??  Chleb?  Thomas?  

78F58A54-4E2A-4643-ABC2-74999B2950D4.thumb.jpeg.c44e539f1d081b634aa083a6890f0946.jpeg

• Sad 5
On 8/26/2022 at 3:49 PM, heatherchandler said:

They reran the episode yesterday - it's when TRav had that second bizarro Words of Wisdom dinner where he stood up and basically called everyone an a**hole. He kept going after Shep and Shep reacted.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, ChristmasJones said:

Why in gods name would you want to do that to yourself?!?

On your deathbed I promise you'll want that time back...

On 8/13/2022 at 9:43 AM, aghst said:

Why would Shep even play at being with her for that long if he had no intention of being with her long term?

Because he's a dick?

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

So I'm moving this over to this thread so we can discuss it here.  GOOD LAWD who could do this??  Chleb?  Thomas?  

This story is odd. It states the pics came from production and Kathryn approved them being shown and Kathryn says she's not permitted to talk about them but she does mention her lack of filming time.

There's no police report and I'm not sure that Chleb and Kathryn were ever a real thing but as far as I know he has never had any public accusations of violence.

• Useful 2
23 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

This story is odd. It states the pics came from production and Kathryn approved them being shown and Kathryn says she's not permitted to talk about them but she does mention her lack of filming time.

There's no police report and I'm not sure that Chleb and Kathryn were ever a real thing but as far as I know he has never had any public accusations of violence.

Where can we read the “story”? I‘m just seeing it as a picture, not a link to an article. Or, was that the extent of what was shared?

4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Where can we read the “story”? I‘m just seeing it as a picture, not a link to an article. Or, was that the extent of what was shared?

There is a totally newsworthy site (/s) called Reality Blurb that I believe reran something from the equally reputable (again, sarcasm) FitsNews. I have not seen any other outlet mention this.

Bravo however seems to have added a new post in the last few hours which features Kathryn's IG photos - most of which appear fairly old.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

There is a totally newsworthy site (/s) called Reality Blurb that I believe reran something from the equally reputable (again, sarcasm) FitsNews. I have not seen any other outlet mention this.

Bravo however seems to have added a new post in the last few hours which features Kathryn's IG photos - most of which appear fairly old.

Thank you! Here’s the link for anyone else looking for it: 

https://realityblurb.com/2022/09/22/report-suggests-kathryn-dennis-may-have-missed-cast-events-due-to-facial-injuries/

So, the last time we saw her on the show was the girl’s night out. I commented on that episode thread that it HAD to have been filmed MUCH later because Kathryn was super skinny and had her long red hair. These pictures have her looking as she did before the girl’s night, with her short blonde hair and rounder face. So now I’m certain they threw in a later scene and pretended that it happened right after Friendsgiving. It could have been after all of the rest of filming wrapped, like how can we get Kathryn back in here now that she’s healed?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

FITSNews, which promotes itself as an extremely conservative site,  has been championing Kathryn since her college days, suggesting she could have a career in politics. I think one of the writers is in love with her.

If you follow the breadcrumbs in the link you can see this comment:

FITSNews’ Will Folks has long enjoyed a warm relationship with the model-turned-reality star –

When Kathryn first appeared on the reality TV scene, I went looking for her background and read all of Will's tongue baths.

If Kathryn simply had an injection reaction, she wouldn't have had a tear-filled discussion inside of a car with producers. Sounds like she had a skirmish.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 9/23/2022 at 4:28 PM, JenE4 said:

Thank you! Here’s the link for anyone else looking for it: 

https://realityblurb.com/2022/09/22/report-suggests-kathryn-dennis-may-have-missed-cast-events-due-to-facial-injuries/

So, the last time we saw her on the show was the girl’s night out. I commented on that episode thread that it HAD to have been filmed MUCH later because Kathryn was super skinny and had her long red hair. These pictures have her looking as she did before the girl’s night, with her short blonde hair and rounder face. So now I’m certain they threw in a later scene and pretended that it happened right after Friendsgiving. It could have been after all of the rest of filming wrapped, like how can we get Kathryn back in here now that she’s healed?

Just imagine if it wasn't filmed much later.  Then we would be able to speculate that Kathryn got the black eye at the "Key Party" she was talking to Naomie about, that she was going to later that night.   LoL!!!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Some of us don't have Instagram. What does the post say?

He has on his schedule, a couple of stand-up comedy show type events apparently.  Calling it his "Toothless in North Carolina" tour.  There is a photo with the post of him missing a front tooth.

Bizarre to say the least.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Here's the photo and caption: 

Hey everyone. Next week I’m doing a couple one man shows and calling it my “toothless in North Carolina tour”
Topics will include my precarious dental 🦷 history. Link for tickets 🎫 in bio. You can knock the rest of my teeth out if you’re unsatisfied (not really. This isn’t a will smith situation) Next Wednesday (October 26) at @goodnightscomedy in Raleigh. And Thursday at @comedyzoneclt in Charlotte. ✌️

Screenshot_20221019-095905_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

Anand another 'too privileged to read the fucking room' move by Mr. Asshole himself. He thinks making fun of people missing teeth is hilarious. What a fucking tool. He deserves to lose all his mailbox money and have to work like the rest of us.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Southern Charm Full Panel from BravoCon. (Video 23:32)

I tried to watch, really I did. But knowing these vacuous assholes are making a shit ton of money being vacuous assholes just ruins it for me. Bleh.

• Applause 7
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I tried to watch, really I did. But knowing these vacuous assholes are making a shit ton of money being vacuous assholes just ruins it for me. Bleh.

No worries. I'm the one who shared it and I only made through the first 9 minutes or so before saying, "Why am I wasting my time watching this dreck?"

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/18/2022 at 8:38 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Why, indeed. What a goober. 

Shep's parents must be so proud.

42 year old  trust fund baby loser.

That photo is so undignified. Next he'll be doing Girls Gone Wild videos or Jackass stunts ala Mtv.

He is making Craig look like a business genius old money Rockefeller.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3