Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

Think positive thoughts for Michael ❤️ 

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/23/southern-charms-patricia-altschuls-butler-michael-kelcourse-suffered-a-spinal-cord-stroke/

I had to Google it because I didn't know what a spinal cord stroke was:

A spinal stroke is a disruption in the blood supply to the spinal cord. The spinal cord depends on a supply of blood to function properly. A disruption in the blood supply can cause injury or damage to tissues and can block messages (nerve impulses) travelling along the spinal cord.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Thomas has decided to metaphorically burn Patricia's house to the ground this weekend. He's been posting pictures of her many many many Blackamoor decor items and her Confederate flag themed Christmas tree.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Thomas has decided to metaphorically burn Patricia's house to the ground this weekend. He's been posting pictures of her many many many Blackamoor decor items and her Confederate flag themed Christmas tree.

I was wondering when it was going to happen.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I’m surprised that no other Bravolebrity gossip forums/sites have posted about Austen’s insane coke rager in downtown CHS this past weekend...apparently he dared to aggressively push a harmless female fan away from him in a bar and she ended up hurting herself.

Whether its true or not, it is *such* a bad look, both for Austen and Bravo; these Peter Pans need to stop acting like this out in public. Doesn’t surprise me that Austen pulled that crap though; from what I’ve heard, he can be the meanest of that bunch and very cruel to fans approaching him when he’s bombed enough.

C878C9A0-A6CF-4BCD-9D56-6262932108F5.jpeg

ADD0D17F-7490-4E24-A54A-3380F7DD4BE4.jpeg

8D2A36CC-AA5E-4757-958C-DA23DF197234.jpeg

AC0E915E-4E86-4C91-B389-7E2A298750DE.jpeg

Edited by Sun-Bun
(edited)
On 5/9/2021 at 10:23 PM, heatherchandler said:

I was wondering when it was going to happen.  

Saw this article online in which Thomas is quoted as tweeting about Patricia "guess I was a little stunned. I’ve not much experience around true racists. There was zero tolerance in my home."

Whew, tell us another whopper, T-Rav! We all heard your old racist daddy on the show say he didn't like $5 bills because President Lincoln was on them. Sounded like "true racism" to me and Thomas didn't even blink. I think he even joked about it. We ALL heard it.

I guess Bravo has now edited that scene out, along with other questionable ones including the shot of a large portrait of Gen. Robert E. Lee in Arthur Ravenel's office, and Thomas thinks we won't remember. Not all of us have destroyed our brain cells with drink, T-Rav.

ETA: What kind of "Southern gentleman" (heh) posts a vicious tweet about the mother of his (I guess now former) friend on Mother's Day? Even to call out her racism, it could have been any time before or after. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

Anyone know of this train wreck was renewed? Seems like they would have been filming by now for sure. Kind of expected BRAVO to go one more year just to take advantage of Madison's part in the Jlo and  Arod breakup.

• Love 4
On 6/11/2021 at 5:51 PM, chlban said:

Anyone know of this train wreck was renewed? Seems like they would have been filming by now for sure. Kind of expected BRAVO to go one more year just to take advantage of Madison's part in the Jlo and  Arod breakup.

Yes, knowing Bravo, they could build a whole season around Mad's role in that. I just read an article in which she said she would "tell the truth" if asked and she didn't mind because she's "innocent". I guess she's thrilled to have jumped to minor tabloid-level celebrity and happy to milk it.

• Love 6
On 6/17/2021 at 9:21 AM, RedHawk said:

Yes, knowing Bravo, they could build a whole season around Mad's role in that. I just read an article in which she said she would "tell the truth" if asked and she didn't mind because she's "innocent". I guess she's thrilled to have jumped to minor tabloid-level celebrity and happy to milk it.

She is a truly despicable person so, yeah, expected BRAVO to make her their star. 

Well, look what I found. Am guessing Southern Charm is finished?https://people.com/tv/new-bravo-series-winter-house-heading-into-production-vermont/

• Useful 3
18 hours ago, chlban said:

She is a truly despicable person so, yeah, expected BRAVO to make her their star. 

Well, look what I found. Am guessing Southern Charm is finished?https://people.com/tv/new-bravo-series-winter-house-heading-into-production-vermont/

They filmed this over like two weeks a few months ago. It looks like Summer House is coming back so if anything the fact that they included those yahoos on this means SC has a decent shot at returning. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/21/2021 at 9:23 AM, chlban said:

Not necessarily.  In fact it could an indication the show is still going to air.  I don't think Bravo would be people on another t.v. show if their original show is cancelled (I don't see anyone from Southern Charm N.O. or Savannah on the roster).  Plus a lot of the H.W. are doing shows similar to this and their original shows are still airing....*shrug*

Also not sure what this means but I follow Dani and Miss Patricia on I.G. and Dani has a lot of posts with Leva and Miss P. has posts with Craig and Austen in it soooo if I had to guess not only will this show be back but Leva, Dani, Craig, and Austen will be back as well.  Enh if Leva can tone down the Katherine hate campaign I'm ok with her coming back.  She was starting to sound like a broken record....

Edited by Dirtybubble
Forgot something...

Before the pandemic, they were airing SC from spring to summer.  The last season about the pandemic, with filming interrupted, aired from Oct to Feb of this year.

obviously they weren’t going to air another season starting in April or May.

so if they’re going to air in Oct or Nov. they’d have to start filming soon.

or maybe they will film in fall and winter and air next spring?

does Bravo cancel any of their shows?

maybe they’re waiting for the furor over Catherine to die down so they can bring her back?

but didn’t Austen have an affair or hooked up with some other reality show personality a few months back?

if they haven’t filmed anything but still tries to make hay, it will be a year since this supposed hookup happened so it would again show that they’re out of ideas.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 7:40 AM, aghst said:

Before the pandemic, they were airing SC from spring to summer.  The last season about the pandemic, with filming interrupted, aired from Oct to Feb of this year.

obviously they weren’t going to air another season starting in April or May.

so if they’re going to air in Oct or Nov. they’d have to start filming soon.

or maybe they will film in fall and winter and air next spring?

does Bravo cancel any of their shows?

maybe they’re waiting for the furor over Catherine to die down so they can bring her back?

but didn’t Austen have an affair or hooked up with some other reality show personality a few months back?

if they haven’t filmed anything but still tries to make hay, it will be a year since this supposed hookup happened so it would again show that they’re out of ideas.

As was shown last season, Charleston is awful in the heat and humidity of summer so since they missed filming in spring of this year, it's possible they'll start in the fall. I feel like they're out of ideas and characters but that rarely stops Bravo. Maybe they're hoping Katherine will do something shocking this summer that they can use for another whole season. You're right, the Madison + A-Rod is old news now, and will be totally outdated next spring.

Edited by RedHawk
Spelling
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/27/2021 at 11:32 AM, RedHawk said:

As was shown last season, Charleston is awful in the heat and humidity of summer so since they missed filling in spring of this year, it's possible they'll start in the fall. I feel like they're out of ideas and characters but that rarely stops Bravo. Maybe they're hoping Katherine will do something shocking this summer that they can use for another whole season. You're right, the Madison + A-Rod is old news now, and will be totally outdated next spring.

It appears they cancelled Southern Charm New Orleans which I actually thought was pretty good for a BRAVO show. So, yes, they do occasionally cancel something. It's a shame how bad this got because I have to admit the first couple of seasons were really good, IMO.

Edited by chlban

They cancel things quite frequently but they tend not to announce cancellations so it leaves fans wondering until a cast member confirms. They also frequently don’t announce renewals (HW is a bit of an exception because it gets released who they sent out contracts before they start filming). 

• Love 2
On 7/13/2021 at 3:24 PM, heatherchandler said:

I read Cam's book.  It was so boring I feel asleep reading it TWICE on two different flights.  Not sure why I even continued to read it.  Glad I got it from the library and didn't pay.

That’s so sad to hear; I really was thinking about reading it because Cameron has SUCH a seemingly interesting backstory with all the MTV stuff and whatnot; why not talk about her wilder past and her crazy times on SC and promoting it?! Why not talk about how she met her doctor hubby and what it’s been like??

I guess she’s dove way too into her local upper class minivan mom lifestyle to dare even sully her reputation with yet more honesty about her past. 

• Love 4

I read Cam’s book, too, but read it knowing that it was much more of a parenting book than a biography. I expected it to be terrible but it was fine for a what it is. I also got it free, so probably wouldn’t be so sanguine about it if I had shelled out my own money for it. 

I agree that a biography, or a reality tv tell all, would be much, much, much, much interesting. She really does have an interesting backstory. Plus, because I am a truly terrible person, I want to know all the dirt on the SC cast mates. 

Has anyone read Shep’s book? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/15/2021 at 6:03 PM, Babyfoot said:

I read Cam’s book, too, but read it knowing that it was much more of a parenting book than a biography. I expected it to be terrible but it was fine for a what it is. I also got it free, so probably wouldn’t be so sanguine about it if I had shelled out my own money for it. 

I agree that a biography, or a reality tv tell all, would be much, much, much, much interesting. She really does have an interesting backstory. Plus, because I am a truly terrible person, I want to know all the dirt on the SC cast mates. 

Has anyone read Shep’s book? 

She may still be under some type of contract with Bravo/S.C. so she can't spill ALL the T about the show but yeah if I was ever to read her book I would just skip to the parts where she talks about the show.....

As far as Shep goes no I don't plan on reading his book.  He's about as deep as a muddy puddle and I can't imagine him saying anything interesting or thought provoking about anything. 

• Love 3

I wonder if Patricia's tchotchkes are manufactured by cheap, foreign labor. Or cheap US labor, for that matter.

Her home is grand, of course, but its decor is fussy and hopelessly outdated. I much preferred Thomas' elegant, more historical furnishings in his old homes.

• Love 5

Probably is.  Pat boasted that her products are higher end than Craig's.

Doesn't mean they won't look for lowest costs and pocket the higher profits if she can maintain high prices.

The stuff Craig makes, I think there used to be textile manufacturers in North Carolina but they're long gone.  Even US minimum wage is much higher than what they pay in the Far East.

If there are still artisan workers making nice goods by hand, they'd earn enough to make profits difficult without high prices.

I remember seeing wool goods in New Zealand where they boasted of using NZ wool.  But it wouldn't surprise me if they used NZ wool but factories in China to turn out sweaters, slippers and so on, because those are still labor-intensive.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/31/2021 at 10:02 AM, pasdetrois said:

I wonder if Patricia's tchotchkes are manufactured by cheap, foreign labor. Or cheap US labor, for that matter.

Her home is grand, of course, but its decor is fussy and hopelessly outdated. I much preferred Thomas' elegant, more historical furnishings in his old homes.

Agreed!!! Love Patricia, love her home itself, but she has wayyyy too many kitschy knickknacks and tchotchkes lying around for my tastes, along with all those fussy extra decor finishes like overdone curtain headers, gaudy large antiques and floral pillows/fabrics everywhere. 

Quite honestly, her home *looks* like a rich older lady lives there. It’s not remotely stylish or fresh, just very upscale retirement home chic. I know your home is supposed to reflect *you* and all, but the last time I saw her home interior featured on the show it no longer looked as grand and opulent as it once did, but just very outdated and overstuffed. Also, I kinda hate all those antique silhouettes she has hanging around her main stairwell.

Thomas’s homes always looked so fresh and opulent because he hired very skilled interior designers to help him update his antique furniture and art with modern furnishings/decor. No offense to the late Mario Buatta, but his design skills really highlighted Pat’s taste for moldy European drawing rooms packed with old junk.

Edited by Sun-Bun
It’s Mario BUATTA, not to be confused with Chef Mario Batalli!!! 🤪
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Agreed!!! Love Patricia, love her home itself, but she has wayyyy too many kitschy knickknacks and tchotchkes lying around for my tastes, along with all those fussy extra decor finishes like overdone curtain headers, gaudy large antiques and floral pillows/fabrics everywhere. 

Quite honestly, her home *looks* like a rich older lady lives there. It’s not remotely stylish or fresh, just very upscale retirement home chic. I know your home is supposed to reflect *you* and all, but the last time I saw her home interior featured on the show it no longer looked as grand and opulent as it once did, but just very outdated and overstuffed. Also, I kinda hate all those antique silhouettes she has hanging around her main stairwell.

Thomas’s homes always looked so fresh and opulent because he hired very skilled interior designers to help him update his antique furniture and art with modern furnishings/decor. No offense to the late Mario Batalli, but his design skills really highlighted Pat’s taste for moldy European drawing rooms packed with old junk.

I’m sure if Mario Batalli decorated a home on his own it could possibly look like crap, but I bet his kitchen and food would be awesome!! I think you meant Mario Buatta, RIP. 😹

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
18 hours ago, zenme said:

I’m sure if Mario Batalli decorated a home on his own it could possibly look like crap, but I bet his kitchen and food would be awesome!! I think you meant Mario Buatta, RIP. 😹

I did, thank you and no thank you to my autocorrect: correcting that now!! 🤪

• LOL 2

I think one reason that Thomas' houses looked so good is that the areas we saw were rarely "lived in". I think we mostly saw his interiors when he had just finished decorating or when he had put them on the market. Patricia truly lives in her home, although I agree that her decor is overly fussy with too many "dust catchers" for my taste. If she loves it, good for her. 

Any updates on her butler Michael's health? I so hope he is recovering well from the stroke.

• Love 3
On 8/3/2021 at 4:41 PM, RedHawk said:

I think one reason that Thomas' houses looked so good is that the areas we saw were rarely "lived in". I think we mostly saw his interiors when he had just finished decorating or when he had put them on the market. Patricia truly lives in her home, although I agree that her decor is overly fussy with too many "dust catchers" for my taste. If she loves it, good for her. 

Any updates on her butler Michael's health? I so hope he is recovering well from the stroke.

I clicked on the link upthread and saw the latest update on Michael. It’s on Caring Bridge, a site for updates.  Apparently, he’s in physical therapy.  It sounds like he’s working to regain his mobility.   Best wishes to Michael for sure!  There appears to be a photo f him as well.  
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaelkelcourse

• Love 7
On 6/22/2021 at 12:33 AM, biakbiak said:

They filmed this over like two weeks a few months ago. It looks like Summer House is coming back so if anything the fact that they included those yahoos on this means SC has a decent shot at returning. 

My TiVo recorded something as Southern Charm last week and it was a 4 minute commercial for this little one off show featuring a couple of the sC bozos with the cast from this other show.

what a crock.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aghst said:

My TiVo recorded something as Southern Charm last week and it was a 4 minute commercial for this little one off show featuring a couple of the sC bozos with the cast from this other show.

what a crock.

My DVR recorded a full hour of the nonsense earlier today. It was labeled as SC, but was actually the first episode of Winter House (I think that's what it's called). Saw Craig and Austin. That was enough. 😁

• LOL 2
On 10/26/2021 at 10:06 PM, aghst said:

what a crock.

I tried to watch two episodes of “Winter House” but could barely make it through halfway of the second episode…what a bunch of trash. I’m sorry to any “Summer House” fans here, but I do NOT get the appeal of that show at all and adding in several random SC cast members certainly didn’t help the cause.

I don’t even think tossing Shep and Pringle in there would’ve helped that WH mess seem any better; although I’d pay good money to see T-Rav tossed into that house in one of his booze/coke-addled rages. He’s so disgusting, but he’s pure trainwreck TV gold!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

NEWS“Southern Charm” Star Leva Bonaparte Began Filming Spin-Off Show This Week at Republic Garden & Lounge

Southern Charm cast member Leva Bonaparte on Tuesday began filming a spin-off television series at Republic Garden & Lounge, one of the businesses she and her husband, Lamar, own.

The unannounced and untitled series is expected to be somewhat similar to another Bravo spin-off – Lisa Vanderpump’s Vanderpump Rules, which is centered around the staff at her West Hollywood restaurant. Rumors of Leva’s new show hit the internet in September of 2021 when camera crews were spotted filming bartenders and other employees inside Republic. At the time, the series had not been greenlit by Bravo, but it now appears the show is moving full steam ahead. Further details on the new series are difficult to come by, but Charleston residents should expect to see more filming in the coming weeks.

The filming this week at Republic took place during a birthday party for Leva. A few Southern Charm cast members and guests were in attendance – including Naomie Olindo, Madison Simon, and Leva’s sister, Mona Nowroozyani. Leva appeared as a guest on several seasons of Southern Charm before becoming a main cast member for the show’s seventh season. She’s returning to the series for its upcoming eighth season.

• Love 1