Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

KORY was supposed to be an original cast member on "Southern Charm"?  Does anyone know the scoop on that?  It was briefly mentioned on Andy Cohen's WWHL when Craig and Kory were guests.  

AND...does anyone find him good-looking or charming?  Well..."charming" compared to Craig, maybe.

4 hours ago, aghst said:

Who's Kory?

They shoved a Southern Hospitality preview under the guise of Southern Charm into my DVR.

Deleted without watching.

It was only a couple minutes. Enough to ensure I won't be watching. It's just drunken debauchery and mugging for the cameras. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, Back Atcha said:

KORY was supposed to be an original cast member on "Southern Charm"?  Does anyone know the scoop on that?  It was briefly mentioned on Andy Cohen's WWHL when Craig and Kory were guests.  

AND...does anyone find him good-looking or charming?  Well..."charming" compared to Craig, maybe.

I think he is ugly, and full of it.

On 11/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

It was only a couple minutes. Enough to ensure I won't be watching. It's just drunken debauchery and mugging for the cameras. 

Same here. I couldn't stand it even for a couple of minutes. Vanderpump Rules is a masterpiece compared to this.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Okay, so I also came here looking for a lead on the existence of a Southern Hospitality board. But it seems like I’m the only one who liked the show? It reminds me of old-school Van Der Pump Rules, but while those beautiful, dramatic kids couldn’t afford to drink and eat on their 20% tip on a goat cheese balls appetizer, these beautiful, dramatic kids are traveling the world after selling out multiple $1,200 to $10,000 tables every night.

• Mind Blown 1
On 11/30/2022 at 5:19 PM, JenE4 said:

Okay, so I also came here looking for a lead on the existence of a Southern Hospitality board. But it seems like I’m the only one who liked the show? It reminds me of old-school Van Der Pump Rules, but while those beautiful, dramatic kids couldn’t afford to drink and eat on their 20% tip on a goat cheese balls appetizer, these beautiful, dramatic kids are traveling the world after selling out multiple $1,200 to $10,000 tables every night.

Because the all live seemingly at home with their parents. At least the Vanderpump cast lived in their own shitty apartments.

• Like 6

Ohhhh I’m hooked into watching Southern Hospitality for awhile.  Hanging my head in shame!   These people are so not my world that I’m fascinated, appalled, and wondering if they are serious.  

The girl whose alarm goes off to take her birth control pill in the middle of a staff meeting? Has her boyfriend get her pills so they can continue having sex 3-5 times a day?  ( I am unclear as to the exact number.). Said bf thinks he’s the handsomest guy who works there???   The concierge from the other Leva restaurant who says she’s always been extra special and is frenemies with the concierge at this Leva restaurant???  😂😂😂. ( Can’t remember staff or restaurant names yet.)

Edited by Thumper
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

We keep being told how good looking all these employees are but maybe standards are different in Charleston.

Well, to be fair, they keep telling us how beautiful they are. The bartender who got the birth control pills I thought he was geeky looking at first, but then after him telling us multiple times throughout the episode how he’s the best looking guy, I think he brainwashed me into thinking he’s…okay? But then the other one who has a first name and last name (Joe B-something??) convinced me that he was actually the most handsome after showing us his tween glow-up photos. At least 30% of the dialogue was this person saying they’re better looking than that person. Or, for those more career-oriented, that this person can sell out tables for more money than that person. But mostly, it was I’m better looking and better at my job than that person. The blonde at this place and the brunette up the road (who has a hula hoop routine!!) are the Stassi and LaLa—or, I guess Scheana was the original rival before LaLa. Anyway, it’s straight up stupid and I need this kind of fluff to laugh at right now.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The glory of VPR in it's debut was how shockingly un-self aware the cast was. There was no hiding who they were and they didn't even know how they were coming across.  And it was "good as gold" (sorry)!  

These jokers are hyper self-aware to the point that they are trying to sell their own narrative to the audience of who they are.  And the sad part is, they are overwhelming wrong about who they are.  

On 12/1/2022 at 11:46 PM, MrBuhBye said:

We keep being told how good looking all these employees are but maybe standards are different in Charleston.

Exactly!!

They keep telling everyone how gorgeous they are and how rich.  And yet the only people we saw at home were living in their parents houses?  

I was amused by how Leva's office seems to be made of plywood and is behind a storage room, also made of plywood?  Swank there, Leva.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Who's Olivia?

The tall and skinny blond chick who was supposedly dating Austen last season?

Hmm, so her brother hung out with Thomas all the time but she's not been in the orbit of the show until this season.

Makes Charleston seem like a smaller town than it probably is.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, aghst said:

Who's Olivia?

The tall and skinny blond chick who was supposedly dating Austen last season?

Hmm, so her brother hung out with Thomas all the time but she's not been in the orbit of the show until this season.

Makes Charleston seem like a smaller town than it probably is.

Actually, I remember her referring to Thomas as a close family friend at one point. Not sure which episode, but I definitely remember it.

• Like 2
On 3/5/2023 at 1:41 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am going to Charleston on Tuesday...hopefully will see them filming somewhere, if so I will report back!

Update, did not see anyone filming anything but I did have a not so good meal at Nico in Mt. Pleasant and last July I had a not so good meal at Saltwater Cowboy and Home Team BBQ was okay...There is a theme there isn't it?! No more eating in places that allow the cast to film.

Disclaimer, I have had some really good meals in that town.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

I saw on Instagram that supposedly Shep has a new girlfriend.  I think she's 23 and was or is Miss Bahamas.  He'll keep getting older and the girls will keep getting younger.  And the young girls will all want to get married and he won't.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I saw on Instagram that supposedly Shep has a new girlfriend.  I think she's 23 and was or is Miss Bahamas.  He'll keep getting older and the girls will keep getting younger.  And the young girls will all want to get married and he won't.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

He's becoming TRav, or an untalented, less attractive Leonardo DiCaprio.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

All I could think off after watching this was that if there is a Hell, at my inevitable arrival, I believe the first thing that greets me is Austen in a red Lacoste polo with a popped collar.  

• LOL 15

There are reruns on Bravo right now. I'm not watching, but I looked for a second. Episodes from 2017. It's shocking how much especially Craig who is only 34 now aged. His face is really puffy now, and it's not because of weight gain because he supposedly lost some relatively recently. I guess it's the drinking....Oh, and the show was so much better than in recent seasons.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

There are reruns on Bravo right now. I'm not watching, but I looked for a second. Episodes from 2017. It's shocking how much especially Craig who is only 34 now aged. His face is really puffy now, and it's not because of weight gain because he supposedly lost some relatively recently. I guess it's the drinking....Oh, and the show was so much better than in recent seasons.

He was really skinny back then.  The adderall and coke can do that.    

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I don’t really like anyone on the cast, except maybe Craig (a teeny bit), but I also can’t seem to stop hate watching this damn show.

Who is the guy yelling “you’re the oldest one here” at Shep?  I would love someone to put smarmy Shep in his place.

Oh Taylor, you seemed like such a lovely girl in the beginning, you need to get far away from this group.  

Yet another season of Austen and Madison drama. Yawn.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I've been sick and out of boredom I went and rewatched season one.  What an absolute trainwreck of modern t.v.  Knowing what we know now of Kathryn and Thomas, it truly is painful to watch.  Him spoonfeeding her constant lines of "you're such an old soul....you're so much wiser than me.....you carry yourself with such poise", while she just sits there nodding in complete agreement.  She truly, truly believed he was going to marry her and she was going to be the lady of the manor.  Her family co-signing the bizarre relationship was equally as gross.  What his motivation was (beyond an heir) will forever puzzle me?  What did he really expect to happen?

What I had really forgotten about was how prominently featured Danni was that season.  And how absolutely lovely she was!  She and Shep were genuinely so close! And how she shut Thomas down!  She was the true catch of the town.  And it makes me sad how through subsequent seasons she just became at times so painfully thin, seemingly so less sure of herself, and delegated only to being Kathryn's constant strange defender.  She always seemed too good for this bunch.  I hope she's doing well today.

Cameron was off the rails.  No polish at all and my goodness, I never would have suspected she's has work done (she was always fresh faced pretty) but girlfriend really looks nothing like she did back then.  Leva was always featured as her friend.  Funny to see her be able to sit there and be a side player and keep her mouth shut.  Ugh.  

Whitney and Jenna and her glove.  It's just too much to unpack! Sorry for the trip down memory lane - I just had to!

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
On 10/30/2023 at 5:42 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Well goodbye fun summer patterns and pastel print, hello black & white 😒

https://people.com/paige-desorbo-craig-conover-announce-second-sewing-down-south-collab-exclusive-8383924

These are better than his previous patterns (not that I bothered to look except when his pillows were on the show for a second). Some are having a snake pattern- it resembles the Gucci one.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
On 10/31/2023 at 12:34 PM, ZettaK said:

These are better than his previous patterns (not that I bothered to look except when his pillows were on the show for a second). Some are having a snake pattern- it resembles the Gucci one.

Way, way better than what we've seen on the show.

Well, he impregnated her.....twice.

So he's not blameless here.

And I agree with the response about his children, but he's such a gaslighting, narcissistic old loser he has to blame.

She's no better.  What a pair.  Those poor kids.

• Like 11
13 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

Not sure what prompted Thomas to lose it.

IMG_9781.png

I read on Page Six that he's mad about the alleged hit and run at the elementary school.

He also said that she hangs out late at night with Shep, Craig, and Austen, and that she's doing drugs with the boys, though he's not certain that Austen partakes in that bit.

Edited by politichick
to add second graph
  • Mind Blown 3
12 minutes ago, politichick said:

I read on Page Six that he's mad about the alleged hit and run at the elementary school.

He also said that she hangs out late at night with Shep, Craig, and Austen, and that she's doing drugs with the boys, though he's not certain that Austen partakes in that bit.

Ravenel got busted for cocaine and he's going after someone else for doing drugs?

When they lived together she supposed smoked pot a lot and hung out with others with whom she smoked.

She had a young toddler at the time or maybe also had the son as well.

Then of course suspicions that her alcohol use may have caused the son's condition.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2