Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Confessions Of A Housewife

• Start Topic

Well, what the fuck?  Where are they supposed to meet?  In a ramshackle hut?  On the side of the road?  In the dream world where Kim has taken up permanent residence?  They were in HOLLAND and Kim's nose was out of joint (or cocaine).  They flew to ANOTHER FREAKING CONTINENT and that wasn't enough for Kim to simmer down.

I have a mentor (very Black church mother, if you understand the reference) who noted years ago that I tended to downplay my accomplishments, intelligence and insightfulness in order to make others more comfortable.  She said to me words that I use as one of my mantras: "Never apologize for the way God chooses to bless you."  Now, not everyone believes in God and/or blessings, but the point stands.  Kyle doesn't have to shrink in order for Kim to feel bigger.  Kim's self-esteem is her own responsibility.  Kyle shouldn't have to hide her house, her husband or her happiness so that Kim's feelings aren't hurt.  Bitch, fix your gotdamn lashes and come eat this burnt ass chicken.  Ain't nobody got time for her shenanigans.

I love this and I agree.  There was no where Kyle could have invited Kim to have their talk that wouldn't have caused Kim to act like a rabid squirrel.  Kim has problems wherever Kim goes because Kim is the problem.  So she would have still found a reason to bring up that GDH and beat Kyle over the head with it.  That GDH is the OG 100% Pain, and it's making its comeback this season. 

If Kim was so uncomfortable going to the PS house, she could have declined and suggested another location.  But then she wouldn't have been able to sir up as much frothy righteous indignation as she did by getting to "tour" the house.  That's also too much work to have to take responsibility for yourself, to communicate your feelings and to make alternate plans.  Kim worked for 2 minutes in the '80's  (Thank you, QuinnM!), so she's set for lyfe, I guess.

I really hope that Kyle finally realizes that she doesn't have to feel guilty for building a happy life for herself.  She's not her sister's keeper, no matter how many times Kim tells her that she is.  Maybe she does need to bring RECEPTS to the reunion, so once and for all, the GDH thing can be settled.  Kim will never be happy for Kyle's successes because she feels that Kyle's life is owed to her -- the husband, the happy family, the general good health, the money, the friendships, etc.  Why Kim doesn't feel similarly about Kathy, I don't know.  I almost wonder if Kyle was really Big Kathy's 'favorite' or something along those lines for Kim to hold her in such contempt.  Even taking Kim's pureed frontal lobe and her wonky memory recall into account, I can't imagine that this all started with the GDH. 

Thank you, everyone, who laid out the GDH timelines and financials, I couldn't keep any of it straight, mostly because I can't understand a damn word Kim is saying most of the time.  Her and Brandi begin to sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks, after their voices get to a certain screechiness. 

• Love 12

When I heard the "equity loan" deal I didn't assume it was on the house in question.  I thought that she had taken an equity loan on her other PS house, or the one she owned in LA to get the money to buy back into the original house. I could be wrong, but that is just where my head went. 

Kim explains the home equity loan here:

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2012/12/27/kyle-richards-more-bravo-comments-kim-richards-kyle-stole-my-house/

The problem is that Kim doesn't remember being bought out.  Um.  But she kind of remembers because in the scene from this episode, she says to Kyle that Kyle bought Kathy out for almost....and Kyle says for almost the same amount.  Different amounts here?  Probably because of the equity loan.  Gottcha Kim.  Kim, you know you got bought out:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/episode-518/videos?clip=2853446

• Love 8

Note to Brandi/Bravo- just because you get people talking about the same thing over and over again, doesn't mean it's interesting. It is incredibly boring and repetitive.

And sadly, with only one more episode to go, it will likely revolve around Kim, Kyle and the GD house.

Didn't kim go to the "stolen" Palm Springs house in S1. I could swear they were there. Wasn't that chicken salad house?  

Yes.  I think they were there for Easter because Lisa V brought a 50 pound chocolate Easter bunny.  The chicken salad was prepared, by hand, the day Whitney had prom or something.  That was a different house, different day.  Maybe even a different season. 

• Love 6

This reunion looks epic. I'm so glad the kid gloves are off with Kyle. And I'm more then curious what kind of scandal could be involved with Kyle daughter being bitten. Kim was all menacing saying "do you want me to tell the story because you won't like it?" Hmmm.

Eta it's very bad judgement for Kim to try to "out" Kyle about anything. I think Kyle has many drunken/ drugged out truth bombs she could throw Kims way.

An again with Brandi and the menstral cycle?!? This is what Brandi has to brag about? That's all what you've got going for you?

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 7

And sadly, with only one more episode to go, it will likely revolve around Kim, Kyle and the GD house.

Yes.  I think they were there for Easter because Lisa V brought a 50 pound chocolate Easter bunny.  The chicken salad was prepared, by hand, the day Whitney had prom or something.  That was a different house, different day.  Maybe even a different season. 

I mixed up chicken salad.. I did find this from Amazon

Chocolate Louboutins TV-14 CC

It's Easter weekend in Beverly Hills but that doesn't mean that there is any less drama. Adrienne is on her way to Vegas for a shoot with a hot male model but she reluctantly decides to takes her husband Paul. Meanwhile, Kyle and Kim start squabbling at their family's vacation home in Palm Desert when Kyle accuses Kim of having no life outside her children, an accusation that just might be true.

So this is the "stolen" house.  Was kim all upset about Kyle stealing it in this episode, or was that not on the agenda then?

• Love 2

Well, what the fuck?  Where are they supposed to meet?  In a ramshackle hut?  On the side of the road?  In the dream world where Kim has taken up permanent residence?  They were in HOLLAND and Kim's nose was out of joint (or cocaine).  They flew to ANOTHER FREAKING CONTINENT and that wasn't enough for Kim to simmer down.

I have a mentor (very Black church mother, if you understand the reference) who noted years ago that I tended to downplay my accomplishments, intelligence and insightfulness in order to make others more comfortable.  She said to me words that I use as one of my mantras: "Never apologize for the way God chooses to bless you."  Now, not everyone believes in God and/or blessings, but the point stands.  Kyle doesn't have to shrink in order for Kim to feel bigger.  Kim's self-esteem is her own responsibility.  Kyle shouldn't have to hide her house, her husband or her happiness so that Kim's feelings aren't hurt.  Bitch, fix your gotdamn lashes and come eat this burnt ass chicken.  Ain't nobody got time for her shenanigans.

Standing ovation!!

Seems like Kim has gotten her way all her life and everyody has given in to her to appease her.  Kim in her own selfishness decided to live a lifestyle of addictions that has cost her a lot, Kyle has walked a straight line and is now reaping the rewards of her responsible decisions.

Why should Kyle cater to Kim's every whim and desire? it wouldn't mater if Kyle did, it will still not be enough for Kim. If Kyle invites her to her new house in PS Kim complains that "how dare she invite me to the house that was paid with the money she stole from me" but if Kyle never invites her then Kim would say "Kyle has never invited me to her house in PS because she is ashamed that she bought the house with the money she stole from me"

There is simple no winning with Kim, the best Kyle can do is to walk away from her and make clear to Kim children that they are always welcome in her house and that she still loves them no matter what but Kim and her are done. who could ever blame her after the snippets we have seen? It surely would be the only logical decision that Kyle could make to save her own sanity.

• Love 16

I think that one of the most shocking things to us on the old boards was that Kim needed money because she was still on the Davis gravy train ($300,000 per year for alimony and child support?) and had been on it for years.  It was shocking to my middle class mind anyway.

Is Kim still getting money from him? I though someone here on another thread said she purposely didn't marry the last baby daddy because that would have stopped her receiving spousal support..

It is beyond me. How does one blow through $300K a year and still be dependant on family for almost everything? How could one hold their head high and be so sanctimonious and so viciously mean. It's psychological and her addictions magnify what was already there. I believe she will never change it is how she has lived her life for far too long and it is engrained. She may stop drinking and become sober but her true nature will never change. Kyle should cut Kim out of her life as much as she can for her own sake and her family's sake.

• Love 9

Standing ovation!!

Seems like Kim has gotten her way all her life and everyody has given in to her to appease her.  Kim in her own selfishness decided to live a lifestyle of addictions that has cost her a lot, Kyle has walked a straight line and is now reaping the rewards of her responsible decisions.

Why should Kyle cater to Kim's every whim and desire? it wouldn't mater if Kyle did, it will still not be enough for Kim. If Kyle invites her to her new house in PS Kim complains that "how dare she invite me to the house that was paid with the money she stole from me" but if Kyle never invites her then Kim would say "Kyle has never invited me to her house in PS because she is ashamed that she bought the house with the money she stole from me"

There is simple no winning with Kim, the best Kyle can do is to walk away from her and make clear to Kim children that they are always welcome in her house and that she still loves them no matter what but Kim and her are done. who could ever blame her after the snippets we have seen? It surely would be the only logical decision that Kyle could make to save her own sanity.

Walking away may be a lot easier for Kyle now that Kim's kids are adults. I would imagine concern for their welfare kept Kyle pretty close all these years , whether she wanted to be there or not. Now Kyle can have a relationship with them that does not include Kim. Of course this would drive Kim to the point of lunacy, but it can be done.

• Love 9

An again with Brandi and the menstral cycle?!? This is what Brandi has to brag about? That's all what you've got going for you?

She goes on and on about it too much. Is she is starting to have menopause symptoms?

Walking away may be a lot easier for Kyle now that Kim's kids are adults. I would imagine concern for their welfare kept Kyle pretty close all these years , whether she wanted to be there or not. Now Kyle can have a relationship with them that does not include Kim. Of course this would drive Kim to the point of lunacy, but it can be done.

Would that it would be so for her sake.

• Love 5

A minute and a half preview of the reunion and I have a headache.   

Is 'fuck' over yet?  Talk about repetitious.  Fuck you, fuck that, fucking shut up.  Keepin' it classy on Andy's couch as usual. 

• Love 6

The reason I think there's more to the house story than what we've seen or heard is because this has been a sore point between Kim and Kyle for over a decade. If pulling out the checks from way back then would resolve it, why haven't they don't that yet? I think there's some truth on both sides but the real truth is somewhere in the middle.

My take on your question is that dividing up family homes and possessions after losing your parents is a tricky business unless laid out explicitly. I'm one of seven children, our parents (god bless 'em) passed away with a year of each other, leaving a house full of contents. During the clean out, each item takes on far more importance than it would have prior -- not neccessarily because of its face value, but because of the emotions and memories behind it. We are a family with a lot of love and very little drama, and it was still difficult to go through the process. I guess my point is that more than money is involved. 

Whether these broads -- Kim, in particular (because I kind of like Kyle) -- have the emotional intelligence for all of that is another story :)

• Love 5

So this is the "stolen" house.  Was kim all upset about Kyle stealing it in this episode, or was that not on the agenda then?

They were all getting along just swell at that point.  I don't think the little gray cloud floated over the GD house until the night in the limo.

• Love 4

I guess I'm at the point where I don't think Kyle needed to tell Kim one more time that Brandi is a bad friend. That was Kyle's agenda. Kim's agenda was to make Kyle feel guilty for not being there again. Kim didn't need to do that either. They both came in with an agenda to make the other feel like shit. It was a completly unneeded meeting to have at all. Neither had good intentions. Both just want to win. Neither one really cares about anything else at this point. If I had been Kyle I never would have set this up in the first place and if I had been Kim I never would have gone. I think they're both huge assholes.

• Love 8

I guess I'm at the point where I don't think Kyle needed to tell Kim one more time that Brandi is a bad friend. That was Kyle's agenda. Kim's agenda was to make Kyle feel guilty for not being there again. Kim didn't need to do that either. They both came in with an agenda to make the other feel like shit. It was a completly unneeded meeting to have at all. Neither had good intentions. Both just want to win. Neither one really cares about anything else at this point. If I had been Kyle I never would have set this up in the first place and if I had been Kim I never would have gone. I think they're both huge assholes.

Yes they both are, especially since this is Round 19,637 of their lifelong battle, but Kim is more assholier than Kyle.

• Love 8

I really enjoyed LisaV's call with Ken. I loved that she didn't exaggerate or embellish or flat out lie about the slap, unlike the versions of the glass throw and strangulation attempt. What disturbs me is how the slap came to be is kind of glossed over, BG actually had grabbed the back of LisaV's head to force a kiss on her. I think "I will slap you" is an appropriate response to anyone doing that, Lisa was not joking then BG decides she digs the thought of LisaV slapping her but LisaV is not playing around at this point she just wants to get away from the crazy, I can't blame her. Unfortunately I doubt either Kim or BG are going anywhere, they are bringing the drama and Bravo is loving it. I'm not so much.

• Love 14

What's confusing to me is why Kim is so bitter at the things Kyle has, but isn't bitter towards Kathy Hilton.  I get that Kim feels her childhood was stolen and that the success her family had was on her back, but shouldn't her anger be directed towards her dead mom instead of Kyle? I think she feels Kyle didn't suffer in the same way she did. There's so much genuine anger there. 

They will never blame Big Kathy for anything. Ever.  

Wow did anybody else see the preview clips of the reunion?  Looks like it's going to be good.   http://www.eonline.com/news/637409/yes-these-quotes-from-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-reunion-are-real-oh-the-drama

Wowzers. This is going to be good, ya'll.   Looks like we have blondes vs. brunettes.  They actually all look pretty good with the exception of Brandi who looks like someone blew up her face like a balloon. 

• Love 2

I had to chuckle a little when Brandi was trying to tell the little Dutch boy what a great time she had the night before and he said : "No hangover anymore?  You're good?".

Also in the preview Lisa is imitating him saying he didn't have sex with Brandi because she was too drunk. Good for him for realizing she was not in any condition to consent. Keep it classy Brandi

• Love 8

What's confusing to me is why Kim is so bitter at the things Kyle has, but isn't bitter towards Kathy Hilton.  I get that Kim feels her childhood was stolen and that the success her family had was on her back, but shouldn't her anger be directed towards her dead mom instead of Kyle? I think she feels Kyle didn't suffer in the same way she did. There's so much genuine anger there. 

It's a lot more cathartic and there is a better pay off to verbally pound a living punching bag (Kyle) than to throw a verbal punch a spectral one (Big Kathy). You get a better reaction, besides people will think you're really crazy if you have a knock down drag out argument with a ghost, even if she is to blame.

• Love 3

Yes they both are, especially since this is Round 19,637 of their lifelong battle, but Kim is more assholier than Kyle.

I agree that Kyle didn't need to tell Kim anything, because why bother?  However, she had no idea, at that time, how much Brandi was going to show her ass (figuratively this time) in her TH and in her conversations, discussing "Kim's Business behind Kim's back".  I guess she wanted not only warn her sister and set her straight but to also say "I told you so".  They both always have to have the last freaking word. 

I think Kim loves when she can make Kyle cry like that because she does get to have the last word, all the while being the bigger person and comforting Kyle.  She was that kind of big sister -- the one who would take away Kyle's toy/whatever and make Kyle cry and then, with all the authority and faux generosity she could muster, she'd give the toy/whatever back to Kyle, just to see the gratitude and fear/awe on her little sister's face.   

• Love 13

No, Kim hadn't worked in more than ten years by the time her mother got ill. Kim more likely had no husband, no home and no where to go. She was the logical choice to care for her mother. It was noted in the first season that all of the families continued to use this as their vacation home after K/M had bought out their interests.

I may not be remembering right but didn't Kyle say in season one that Kim's kids would use the house and not clean it up when they left? I think I remember her saying that when they used it, it was always a mess afterwards.

• Love 5

I just want all of you to know that every time one of you says "goddamn" in front of "house", I cry laughing.  I don't know if I can have a normal conversation about a house anymore without hearing "goddamn" in front of it.

Kim's claws are OUT during that reunion.  If Yolanda was smart she'd bow out now.  I hate that both Brandi and Kim had to get nasty and throw out threats when someone wanted to point out their bad behavior....so ridiculous.

• Love 6

From all reports, Kyle has no problem disengaging now.  She only sees Kim when cameras are rolling and, preferably, she's got her pointer finger limbered up, tons of Restasis in her eyes for the inevitable tears, and worked out with a voice coach so she can endlessly scream without doing too much damage to her vocal chords.

• Love 6

This reunion looks epic. I'm so glad the kid gloves are off with Kyle. And I'm more then curious what kind of scandal could be involved with Kyle daughter being bitten. Kim was all menacing saying "do you want me to tell the story because you won't like it?" Hmmm.

Eta it's very bad judgement for Kim to try to "out" Kyle about anything. I think Kyle has many drunken/ drugged out truth bombs she could throw Kims way.

After seeing that clip-I think it is safe to say Kim has a pattern when confronted with adversity -she turns around and tries to make seem that she really has the dirt on the person causing the discomfort.  This will the fourth time we have seen this MO with Kim. Once with Rinna, once with Eileen, once with Kyle when she Kyle said Kim wasn't in the position for a mortgage and now over the dog bite.

Years ago Ramona use to brag about still having her period and she became known by some as the "still menstruating Ramona".  How does Brandi know who is in menopause and who isn't?  Seems Eileen had a child in her mid forties.

• Love 10

From all reports, Kyle has no problem disengaging now.  She only sees Kim when cameras are rolling and, preferably, she's got her pointer finger limbered up, tons of Restasis in her eyes for the inevitable tears, and worked out with a voice coach so she can endlessly scream without doing too much damage to her vocal chords.

Hopefully she ran this all by Kim beforehand so as not to upset her by using the incorrect finger and/or standing in the wrong area.

• Love 9

I may not be remembering right but didn't Kyle say in season one that Kim's kids would use the house and not clean it up when they left? I think I remember her saying that when they used it, it was always a mess afterwards.

Yes, I recall that scene as well. Kim and Kyle are toxic together and the sooner they realize that, the better.

The reunion looks like its going to be a doozy. If they end up discussing all the various scandals (ie. psych hospitalizations, dog bites, DUIs, etc.) this might be the first time a 2 parter might be justified. However those devils at Bravo will of course stretch it out to three or more parts like they always do. 

• Love 6

I guess having her daughter badly bitten by a dog her sister should never have had in her home in the first place and then that sister blaming her daughter for getting bit is was the final straw.

• Love 17

Not exactly. The S1 PS trip was not exactly Kyle's finest hour. She was, IMHO, very upset about something (I don't know what) that wasn't being talked about. She was kind of determined to pick on Kim (correct pronunciation of salsa, how to make dinner, it went on and Kyle was in a full on passive aggressive state). Anyway she walked in and started bitching about how Kim had left the house dirty (or Kim and her kids. Point being Kim had screwed up), but it sort of came out that Kim hadn't been there for the clean up. At one point one of Kim's kids (Brooke?) kind of snapped "I cleaned the entire house". Kyle backed down immediately and started apologizing that she knows the kids are responsible. I felt like she was implying Kim didn't clean the house properly, but backed down once she found out it wasn't Kim doing the cleaning. The daughter looked very hurt by the implication. I recognize that look. I have an aunt like Kyle. In the process of fixing my mother (who is not a problem in any way) I have been called a spoiled brat many times. She doesn't mean to come across that way, but she can. I totally recognized the "what fuck up are you bitching about today, Aunt Kyle?"look. I know they love her and are close to her, but I know that look.

• Love 6

Is the "Kathy has my back", "Kathy is a real sister" new?  Seems to me when Kyle & Mauricio bought out BOTH sisters, if Kathy had any feeling that they were trying to steal Kim's portion, Kathy would have spoken up then.    I'm just not getting it.  Kyle redid the old house, and when it was time to put it up for sale, obviously there was a discussion about who would get the listing.   It wasn't Kim's at the time to have any say in the sale.  So, Kyle was right - it was well before it went into escrow.     Kim stiffened up, got that angry look when Kyle explained that Kim was in no position to carry a portion of the mortgage.   Oops, she sure didn't want her irresponsible financial state brought into that discussion.   Brandi has heard one side of this story, and it's the side that's twisted and filled with delusion.  Without questioning Kim, she just believed what she heard.  Why not?  She's also always felt cheated out of what she believed should have been hers. Two peas in a pod.   They both seem to resent people who are stable - financially & emotionally.  

Somebody, and sorry for not remembering who, mentioned the decor.  Most of the houses in PS area are second homes, and they are usually sold furnished.  When not in use by the owner, they are rented as vacation homes. 

If there was something underhanded done why is it assumed that Kathy would have said something or would have even known? That's the thing about underhanded dealings. Most people try to keep that part under wraps.

• Love 3

Well, I'm thrilled if that is in fact true.  

However, isn't seeing Kim while the cameras are rolling part of Kyle's job?  It's part of Kim's job (hopefully not for long) too.  They have been filming this show for 5 years now.  They have been sisters for over 40 years now.  I think the sisterhood and the effort Kyle put into her relationship with Kim came first, before the cameras, and that relationship is what they argue so much about, not so much the one they've had while the cameras are rolling (even though most that time is spend on rehashing things that happened in their relationship before the show), but that's just imo. 

• Love 9

So I'm not exactly a Kyle fan (hehe. Some might think that's an understatement), but I don't think she stole the house or even did anything wrong. I think the worst thing she probably did in this instance was not baby Kim through the process. I sort of think Kim needed a loan and brought up borrowing money from her sisters using her part of the house as collateral. Kyle said no, but offered to buy everyone out and keep it as a vacation home. Kathy's share might have been more if Kim had stopped contributing to the upkeep a while ago and her back balance was deducted from her share. So Kim doesn't like this but needs more drugs and unicorns so she takes the money sure that she can change her mind when she's ready. When she gets some money she wants to buy back in and Kyle says no. I think Kim decided after the fact that it was a loan, not a sale and has been bitter ever sense.

• Love 5

Not exactly. The S1 PS trip was not exactly Kyle's finest hour. She was, IMHO, very upset about something (I don't know what) that wasn't being talked about. She was kind of determined to pick on Kim (correct pronunciation of salsa, how to make dinner, it went on and Kyle was in a full on passive aggressive state). Anyway she walked in and started bitching about how Kim had left the house dirty (or Kim and her kids. Point being Kim had screwed up), but it sort of came out that Kim hadn't been there for the clean up. At one point one of Kim's kids (Brooke?) kind of snapped "I cleaned the entire house". Kyle backed down immediately and started apologizing that she knows the kids are responsible. I felt like she was implying Kim didn't clean the house properly, but backed down once she found out it wasn't Kim doing the cleaning. The daughter looked very hurt by the implication. I recognize that look. I have an aunt like Kyle. In the process of fixing my mother (who is not a problem in any way) I have been called a spoiled brat many times. She doesn't mean to come across that way, but she can. I totally recognized the "what fuck up are you bitching about today, Aunt Kyle?"look. I know they love her and are close to her, but I know that look.

See this is the Kyle that I feel is the real Kyle. Frustrated, not the nicest, passive aggressive etc. etc.. wants to punish whenever she can, won't let an opportunity go by to bitch about Kim or imply annoyance at something Kim is doing. Hey I get it but the part I find ugly is that Kyle has allowed herself to go to a place where she feels she's entitled to be meanspririted and throw shade any and all times because Kim has taken a toll on her. I don't agree with allowing yourself to be this bitter presence because that's another form of "being the victim" and thinking that you get a pass for ugly behavior because of it. It's like you can see the disdain oozing from Kyle's pores in random situations towards Kim dating all the way back to season one. It put me on edge when I used to see it which is why I don't buy the croaking and the tears coming from Kyle cause there have been times where Kyle's whole mood and demeanor with Kim didn't even match what they were in the middle of. I'm talking instances when there wasn't even any conflict but there's Kyle looking completely disgusted or bothered by Kim. It could have been a random scene of them getting Pedi's and it was just such obvious body language and little quips that seem so out of place and only for the purpose of being mean.. That trip to the grocery store was one example. Whether or not she was harboring whatever secrets her behavior wasn't of a tortured soul. It was of someone that wanted to take pleasure of causing grief like its her right. Creepy.

The tearing and crying on the couch to me is a well practiced move Kyle has perfected to soften the side of her that just slices into Kim whenever the mood strikes her.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 5

I do believe Kim needs to stop talking about how hurt her feelings are maybe examine how her words and deeds impact others.

I seriously CAN'T believe I am about to cut kim bitchards a modicum of slack....BUT.....in total honesty, and acknowledging that two of my own biggest character flaws are pettiness and jealousy....I can actually understand her/kim feeling jealous of all that kyle ( and, if kim had the capacity to actually BE honest) kathy have, while she/kim, has snorted/ingested/inhaled, an equal monetary value, but is left with NOTHING to show for it other than memories of a momentary high ( no matter HOW spectacular it may have been) but no materiel gain.

This does not excuse kyle's attitude of arrogant entitlement - as I feel she/kyle (following the apparent family dictum of 'get pregnant, marry young, marry well) simply lucked out by snagging a man with whom she/kyle could work out the mutually beneficial arrangement that I suspect has been in place since the beginning (on his side) or shortly thereafter (on her side, once she/kyle got a lesson in reality beverly hills style)...but, nonetheless, seems to work for them.

But, IIRC, Kim does still have a hefty alimony that continues unless and/or until she remarries, (@$23K/month as reported by someone in another thread which may have been on the old TWOP or even Bravo boards) she could easily be set for a rather comfortable life (normal american standards, as opposed to inflated beverly hills crap, and presupposing that the $$ doesn't get snorted, inhaled or ingested via means currently illegal), so that is where my compassion for that nasty, vicious, arrogant, POS ends.

• Love 1

If there was something underhanded done why is it assumed that Kathy would have said something or would have even known? That's the thing about underhanded dealings. Most people try to keep that part under wraps.

But, in this case, it would be her husband's firm that would be held up as doing the underhanded dealings. So, IF what Kim says is true both of her sisters' husbands would have been involved in shady underhanded dealings. Maybe Kim doesn't realize that she is saying that when she says that her house was stolen from her, but it is what she is saying. 

• Love 8

This season has been worth all of the headaches, just for the fact that it has brought phrases into my life like:  "100% Pain", "Goddam House", "She's your asshole, now.", and now FozzyBear's "Drugs and Unicorns".  <----  BTW if I ever change my screen name, I hope you don't mind FozzyBear, if I use your "Drugs and Unicorns".  lol

I'm going to squirrel these away in my brain for later use in real life.  Maybe I can find a way to use them all within the same conversation and really confuse someone. 

• Love 9

I tend to think Kyle is telling the truth here.

Kim's own words cause her to lose all credibility. (Paraphrasing)

"You stole MY GD house!"

It wasn't your house, it was left to all three sisters.

"You didn't tell me till it was in escrow"

You daughter was one of the listing agents

"You used the money from my house to buy this house"

Is she blind? The new house is $2.5 million.

Also, if Kyle has been helping Kim financially for many years, why would she screw Kim out of a few thousand dollars only to give it back to her later in support? Wouldn't it make more sense to give Kim all that she is due?

• Love 8

I just want all of you to know that every time one of you says "goddamn" in front of "house", I cry laughing.  I don't know if I can have a normal conversation about a house anymore without hearing "goddamn" in front of it.

Kim's claws are OUT during that reunion.  If Yolanda was smart she'd bow out now.  I hate that both Brandi and Kim had to get nasty and throw out threats when someone wanted to point out their bad behavior....so ridiculous.

Lol. For me it's 100% pain. 100% pain has totally gone into my phraseology so I guess I have to thank Kim for giving us that gem this season. Almost any time I read it I burst out laughing. It's even happened at work a couple of times if I'm being honest. 

ETA: SwordQueen, I just read your post, yes I agree. Honestly I've probably incorporated at least two phrases from each franchise into regular use.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5

Based on that Reunion clip it is all going to be about Brandi and Kim....the Bitter and the Biter. 

Of course it is.  The entire season has been about them.  If they weren't on camera?  Lipsa, or Eileen, or Kyle was talking about them.  Lisa V did a bit as well, but she's just there to get revenge and promote the restaurants, and other than that?  She doesn't really give a shit.  Yolanda was too sick/absent to count.  I still can't get over one scene that illustrates all of this. 

Eileen and her husband went out for a romantic dinner, being filmed of course.  Within SECONDS Eileen started talking about Kim, and then Brandi. 

So many others!  Limo trip, within seconds Lipsa brings up Kim to the others.  On and on and fucking ON.  Talking about Kim and/or Brandi has been, by a huge margin, the ONLY thing these women have done all damn season.  I would love it if someone counted how many times "Kim" came out of Lipsa's mouth this season.  Or better, time her minutes on screen and add them up, then subtract any minute where Kim was being discussed.  She'd probably end up with 20 minutes of total screen time, if that, and even so?  Probably only because of the Medford trip.

Why would you expect the reunion to be any different?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3

See this is the Kyle that I feel is the real Kyle. Frustrated, not the nicest, passive aggressive etc. etc.. wants to punish whenever she can, won't let an opportunity go by to bitch about Kim or imply annoyance at something Kim is doing. Hey I get it but the part I find ugly is that Kyle has allowed herself to go to a place where she feels she's entitled to be meanspririted and throw shade any and all times because Kim has taken a toll on her. I don't agree with allowing yourself to be this bitter presence because that's another form of "being the victim" and thinking that you get a pass for ugly behavior because of it. It's like you can see the disdain oozing from Kyle's pores in random situations towards Kim dating all the way back to season one. It put me on edge when I used to see it which is why I don't buy the croaking and the tears coming from Kyle cause there have been times where Kyle's whole mood and demeanor with Kim didn't even match what they were in the middle of. I'm talking instances when there wasn't even any conflict but there's Kyle looking completely disgusted or bothered by Kim. It could have been a random scene of them getting Pedi's and it was just such obvious body language and little quips that seem so out of place and only for the purpose of being mean.. That trip to the grocery store was one example. Whether or not she was harboring whatever secrets her behavior wasn't of a tortured soul. It was of someone that wanted to take pleasure of causing grief like its her right. Creepy.

The tearing and crying on the couch to me is a well practiced move Kyle has perfected to soften the side of her that just slices into Kim whenever the mood strikes her.

Kim has earned every scrap of disdain Kyle throws her way; every snip, snipe and biting comment. IMO.

• Love 23

Of course it is.  The entire season has been about them.  If they weren't on camera?  Lipsa, or Eileen, or Kyle was talking about them.  Lisa V did a bit as well, but she's just there to get revenge and promote the restaurants, and other than that?  She doesn't really give a shit.  Yolanda was too sick/absent to count.  I still can't get over one scene that illustrates all of this. 

Eileen and her husband went out for a romantic dinner, being filmed of course.  Within SECONDS Eileen started talking about Kim, and then Brandi. 

So many others!  Limo trip, within seconds Lipsa brings up Kim to the others.  On and on and fucking ON.  Talking about Kim and/or Brandi has been, by a huge margin, the ONLY thing these women have done all damn season.  I would love it if someone counted how many times "Kim" came out of Lipsa's mouth this season.  Or better, time her minutes on screen and add them up, then subtract any minute where Kim was being discussed.  She'd probably end up with 20 minutes of total screen time, if that, and even so?  Probably only because of the Medford trip.

Why would you expect the reunion to be any different?

It would be close to the number of how many times Brandi has said Kim, LisaR, or Kyle's name this season. The women talking about each other isn't anything new and is a large part of what this show is about.

I think Brandi is so hypocritical when she claims that the other women only have herself and Kim to talk about because Brandi and Kim are frequently talking about the other women especially Brandi. They all talk about each other like it's their freaking job and that's because it is. It is their job to talk about each other. There isn't a single housewives show or season where the women don't talk about each other. 

Take away Brandi talking about the other women and we have one podcast scene, one sloppy fake date, and maybe a scene with her parents and I almost want to say that LisaV came up during that. Did I miss anything?

• Love 9