Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Confessions Of A Housewife

• Start Topic

Whenever I try to wrap my head around Kyle and Mauricio ultimately ending up with that house even though Kim was the one who lived there caring for their terminally ill mother I just can't get it to sit right. I mean I get the practical details of it which make sense if was just about a basic business deal but obviously there was more to it than just basic purchase of a house. Just seems extra sketchy to me.

The thing that changes this for me is that it's one thing for Kim to make the argument that she cared more for their mother and therefore she should have the house instead of it being split three ways. Instead what everyone seems to agree happened was that the house was left to all three, and Kim and Little Kathy sold their third for the money. Then five years later when Kyle and Mauricio had already put in a lot of work on the house to sell it (making it really not the same house even) Kim wanted to have the house essentially given to her *again*--by her paying less than they'd already paid her for it, and this while she was still free to use it. Kyle and Mauricio sold it at a loss and Kim couldn't actually afford paying what was left of the mortgage, right? Or am I confused about where the mortgage comes into it?

So at that point it's not about who gets the house but Kim getting the house even after she gave up the house. Her daughter even got to share the listing on the house which means more money from the house to Kim's daughter. Kim really did, it seems to me, get respect and acknowledgement when it came to the house.  After a point it just becomes Kim reserving the right to change her mind and change everything even years down the line.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 19

Thanks. It doesn't really suck (yet) but they better not steal the house. :-)  I'm thinking that Kim probably at one time DID DO for her mother.  I agree with you now that she's probably not running errands or keeping appointments for anyone but from the interview I saw with Kim and her mom, it appeared she did then.  We don't know what Kim may have sacrificed to care for her mom during that time.  Or if it felt like a sacrifice. 

Even if she wasn't run ragged. Just the commitment and being witness to the process is enough to earn my respect. That it alleviated the need for the other 2 to have to be as present and as close to the reality that their mother was dying. To not have to see it first hand day after day. I'll tell ya if I could have traded places with one of my siblings so that I didn't have to be faced with that reality everyday. There wouldn't be enough houses for me to give. No, "you stole my house". I'd be like Oprah. "You get a house, You get a house, EVERYBODY gets a house. LOL. Just saying.

It's the emotional toll that's really the point. Insult to injury when that detail is overlooked. I think Kim feels that part of her contribution was overlooked over material things.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 6

God, I had serious second hand embarrassment watching Brandi's "date." He was not even remotely attractive and was a fascinating conversationalist (not.) I watched most of it with my hands covering my face. I can't even believe she thought anyone would be jealous of her for being out with that toddler. How tragic.  I won't even get into the sobbing because that is just the worst camera angle for ANYONE to be filmed but certainly is much worse when your face is full of chemicals. Atrocious.

As my spouse and I watched that scene between Kyle and Kim, we were reminded of a particular family member (an addict) who loves to babble about how he was done wrong by several family members. It is the addict's "go to" weapon whenever they are deflecting the truth. In this case, Kyle was telling Kim about Brandi talking about Kim and her need for intervention. Kim wasn't having it. No siree. To continue that conversation would mean Kim would have to then absorb hearing how her beloved friend did her wrong. What could she possibly bring up to change the topic? Of course! The house! They were sitting in Kyle's beautiful, Palm Desert abode. The one Kyle bought with funds from the sale of Kim's house!! Oh those addicts. As has been posted more than once, it is all about wash, rinse, repeat. Different topic, same obnoxious behavior.

This. I've been there and this is typical behavior. It sucks and eventually you just can't hear it anymore and you walk away.

So, this house thing, according to Kim, is such a mystery. I don't believe her for a second, but maybe we need Jarecki to come in and do a true crime doc on this for us, Jinx-style. I'm sure he could get a few episodes out of it with some really inspired reenactments (I'm storyboarding it in my head already) and I have a feeling catching Kim muttering something incriminating to herself in the bathroom would prove to be fairly easy.

Kyle's house is fucking gorgeous and I loved her dress too.

Best line of the night, maybe the season: "She's your asshole now." - LV.

• Love 16

God I'm sick of the entire Richards family. As soon as Kyle came up with this PS sister weekend I groaned. Why Kyle why? Just let it fucking go. I have siblings too. I get it, but this shit is insane. Kim is a mess, probably always was. Stop with this need to prove it to her. You have tried. It is up to Kim to choose her friends, even Brandi. Stop with the need to be right. It's exhausting.

Your backyard is very pretty.

• Love 13

I wonder how many of Big Kathy's pain pills did Kim steal while she was caring for her? As if Monty was the only person she ever took medicine from.

Yeah, Lisa is pretty much only on this show for her restaurants, they sure manage to get them in a lot if they are filming in California.

I'd much rather watch LisaV and her restaurants than watching Brandi with her Buster Brown date. Talk about skeevy, creepy, and desperate. At least LisaV has a life and has businesses. Can someone remind me again what Brandi has besides genital warts, STDs, a rental home, no credit, a car she will never own, and no class?

I've been there and this is typical behavior. It sucks and eventually you just can't hear it anymore and you walk away.

Exactly.  Kyle did mention how she can't just walk away. I am guessing this is her response to those of us who have questioned why doesn't she just walk away from the addict. It has been mentioned many times here on this board, including by me. Kyle went on to say it is her sister and she can't walk away from her. Kim was supposedly Big Kathy's caretaker and now, Kyle is Kim's caretaker. She has been for a very long time. How draining that must feel like for Kyle. But, she is choosing that path and it is hard sometimes to feel sympathy for her. Big Kathy sure has a long reach from the grave.

My brother IS a busy man and he lives 30 minutes away.  I do not.  So when it falls on one of us to do something, I do it because it's easier for me to.  I don't keep a tally in my room with a dollar amount I think I'm owed for doing so, so that when my dad dies and we have to split everything evenly I can throw it back at him and say "I'm owed this amount over what you get because of all the shit I did that you didn't do."

This is what kids do. Good for you! And you are right. You don't keep a mental tally of what you do because I assume you are not an addict. You are a child who is caring for a parent who once cared for you growing up.  Addicts love to keep a mental scorecard of the shit they supposedly did and they love to throw all that they did in people's faces. They have an ulterior motive. They act all lovey dovey, but there is a method to their madness.  Don't believe me? Watch how Kim and Brandi work that angle time and time again. How much they are there for the other, they are their BFF. They are the ones who support each other. But, when the shit hits the fan, all that shit will be used against one another.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16

I think there are a number of assumptions being presented regarding the house and Big Kathy's illness.  First, we don't know that Kim was forced to take care of her mother during her last months.  Maybe this is what 'Kim' wanted.  Kyle and Kathy could very well have offered as well.  And we don't know what Big Kathy wanted.  Plus we have no idea of how much Kyle or Kathy was involved in the care taking, even though she was living with Kim.

As for the house,  I think that Kathy and Kyle (or Mauricio and Rick) - whoever was handling the finances - probably had a number of discussions about what to do about the house.  Let's face it, three people owning a house can get to be a pain after a while.  Kathy probably had little interest in the house and then Kim was brought into the conversation.  She agreed to let Kyle and Mauricio buy her out.  Kim, being the flake she is, changes her mind down the road and thinks $20000 buys her back in.  Between her marriages and divorces, Kim has blown through millions.  Knowing Kim, she probably also thought she got short changed to begin with because I don't think Kim thinks about mortgage payments, property taxes, utilities and all the other expenses when it comes to home ownership.  She only hears what she wants to hear.

• Love 18
don't believe in shaming women who date younger men, but damn if it isn't a little creepy that Dutch is closer in age to Brandi's son than he is to her. Also, STFU about menopause, B. Your loves Yolanda and Kim are in that age bracket and you're getting close, and when it hits you, I hope you don't think you're less of a woman.

It's definitely not our societal norm women dating men 20 years younger while it's a-ok for men to date women up to 60 years younger than them!  However, I agree with you The Mighty Peanut that it doesn't look good for Brandi when she hooks up with significantly younger men if only because she looks so much older and less attractive in comparison and I know that's not what she's going for.   I think Patty Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker) got it right when she said 10 years either way is a good limit.  Add that to the fact that Brandi objectified Andre by referring to him as "cock" and the whole "date" had a huge ick factor for me.  And  how many feral cats had to die for that vest she was wearing?  Thought she was an animal lover.

• Love 9

Brandi's date reminded me of Joren Van Der Sloot. If only! I'll show myself out now.

That's what I said to the hub; and then I had to remind him who Joren Van der Sloot was.  I got a skeevy vibe from those two -- like, let's have several drinks (and no food, I believe) and stumble off into the sunset.  

• Love 7

One thing I thought was kind of funny is that the age difference between Brandi and her Dutch Date is almost exactly the same as the age difference between Ken and Lisa.  Only the Dutch guy was 3 years older than Lisa was when she married Ken.  Lisa was 21, Ken was 37.  Brandi is 42, and Dutch guy is 24 or 25 since he went to school with Lisa's kid.  

I think the desert house was a perfect ambush point for Kyle.  She had two goals.  To cry on camera some more, and look like a victim some more, and to drive a wedge between Brandi and Kim, to hurt Kim by Lipsa's completely deliberate misdirection about how Brandi and Lipsa's conversation went down.  Her eyes lit right up at the thought when she was having the staged conversation with her good buddy.  That would REALLY hurt Kim!  Yay!  I'll invite her to the desert house for the first time and nail her skinny ass with it there!  Step two?  Point my finger in her face and yell at her about ME ME ME!

Kim honestly seemed to be there to work things out.  It was sad.  So much anger between these two sisters, God knows all the crap they've done to each other over the years.

I thought it was VERY telling that, again, Kyle didn't bother to talk to Kim at all, until the cameras were rolling again.  She has no interest in Kim other than a story line, she could barely hold herself back from the finger pointing cry-screaming when Kim was talking about Monty.  I thought it was despicable.

I don't like watching this dynamic at all.  I really want both Richard sisters gone from the show.  BRAVO loves it's "wrecked families" though, so I have little hope that will happen.

• Love 8

Personally, I don't think Kim's "taste," such as it is, comes into it. 

I agree; the only taste Kim has is for drama.

Last night, it became clear to me that Kim is not just an addict/dry drunk, she's out to sabotage Kyle's life. Kim won't be happy until she's poisoned Kyle's marriage (she's been a nightmare of a sister-in-law) family life (oh look, your daughter needed surgeries because of my dog!) career on reality television (slamming Kyle as a disloyal and untrustworthy sister on a show built around female relationships with family/friends) financial integrity (hinting at nefarious real estate dealings when her brother-in-law is a real estate agent) and friendships (creating me vs them scenarios) etc.  She's yet (that I remember) to attack Kyle's appearance, but (given her attack on Eileen) I bet that's on the menu eventually.

And I doubt the long, long trip Kim was on was due to five hours of traffic alone -- she looked high on something when primping in that mirror -- might be just bitterness and rage, but there was something off about her.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16

Kinda of a sore subject with me.  When my MIL died, it fell on my husband and I to deal with her home.  My SIL - some because of illness, most because of denial - refused to help go through anything, even her personal items.  For over a year we spent every Fri thru Sun cleaning out, sorting the mountain of things accumulated in 60 years.   In the end we sorted her personal items (this woman is 65 and was still holding on to her Jr. High prom dress - so it was ALOT of stuff).   It sat in her old bedroom for over 6 months.  She went over and went through it but didn't take anything or toss anything.  When we were ready to do a quick remodel, we moved it to the garage.   Again it sat there for months while we worked around it.   Finally after several calls, my BIL said she had gone through it, gotten what she wanted and we could give the rest away or toss it.  She was sick at the time, so he was the one responding to requests. 

Just before we put the house on the market, her adult son, expressed interest in moving into the house.  (Wasn't going to pay rent or anything, but thought he'd like to live there).   We told them that was fine, but they would have to buy us out of our half.  The same thing we would do if one of our kids wanted to live there.   They didn't want to do that, so the house was put on the market.  Sold within a day - 15 offers after the first/only open house.   We had a trust attorney handle the sale, so there would be no confusion.   At some point, during escrow, my BIL & SIL went over to the house, for a last visit.   I know from the neighbor who was with them, my SIL went nuts - she thought all of her stuff was still there, and my BIL threw us under the bus and said that we threw it away.  Failing to mention it was under his direction.   And even though we used an attorney so there would be no question about equal dispersal of fund, she said straight up she felt as though she's was being somehow cheated.  

This was two years ago and my husband and his sister don't speak.  He calls - at least twice a week - and she refuses to return his calls.  It's caused tremendous pain, and anger on my part.     Now SIL is in the last stages of wide spread cancer.  And still she refuses to reach out to her brother.   Yesterday, ironically, she was taken back to the hospital.  She can no longer walk, can barely speak and has dementia.   How sad that something like this was unresolved.   We went to see her, my husband telling her despite everything he does love her.   She seemed to acknowledge it.  

Kim Richards is out to blame everyone for her bad choices, her mismanagement of her finances, and she has a "they owe me" attitude.   I doubt it was Kyle who managed Kim's money when they were young and Kim was the "earner".    She is so jealous of her sisters, their happiness and her growing misery.   

• Love 21

Why isn't Kathy partly to blame for what went down with the house then?  She had to have known what was happening.  I don't believe for a second with her husband's background in real estate she didn't know every detail of that deal.  She didn't seem to think Kim got the short end of the stick or that she needed to protect Kim in any way from Kyle taking advantage of her.

So perhaps it could be argued that Kathy has *not* always had Kim's back.

• Love 6

How come Kim never posts a blog? I thought that was part of the contract with Bravo. 

I'm assuming with the little brain cells she has left, she can't compose anything longer than 140 characters - not to mention that she probably doesn't remember what version of reality she was in at any particular moment in time. (AKA, it's hard to defend yourself when you're shown in such a negative light.) 

Honestly though, I imagine it's another thing Kyle got her out of. 

• Love 10

When that deal for the house went down, this is how Kim responded to every detail..."Blah blah blah blah blah. Give me my check. Bye."

Bitch was outta there! But not before scrambling to find every last pain pill that was not taken by Big Kathy before she died.

Add that to the fact that Brandi objectified Andre by referring to him as "cock" and the whole "date" had a huge ick factor for me.  And  how many feral cats had to die for that vest she was wearing?

How many times has that vest made an appearance? I remember that shag carpet from its appearance when Brandi was confronted by Adrienne and Paul about her lack of discretion about their children and the surrogacy.  I wonder what the original color of that vest was, because it sure looks dirty. I swear, it looks as if it has mange.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13

One thing I thought was kind of funny is that the age difference between Brandi and her Dutch Date is almost exactly the same as the age difference between Ken and Lisa.  Only the Dutch guy was 3 years older than Lisa was when she married Ken.  Lisa was 21, Ken was 37.  Brandi is 42, and Dutch guy is 24 or 25 since he went to school with Lisa's kid.  

I think the desert house was a perfect ambush point for Kyle.  She had two goals.  To cry on camera some more, and look like a victim some more, and to drive a wedge between Brandi and Kim, to hurt Kim by Lipsa's completely deliberate misdirection about how Brandi and Lipsa's conversation went down.  Her eyes lit right up at the thought when she was having the staged conversation with her good buddy.  That would REALLY hurt Kim!  Yay!  I'll invite her to the desert house for the first time and nail her skinny ass with it there!  Step two?  Point my finger in her face and yell at her about ME ME ME!

Kim honestly seemed to be there to work things out.  It was sad.  So much anger between these two sisters, God knows all the crap they've done to each other over the years.

I thought it was VERY telling that, again, Kyle didn't bother to talk to Kim at all, until the cameras were rolling again.  She has no interest in Kim other than a story line, she could barely hold herself back from the finger pointing cry-screaming when Kim was talking about Monty.  I thought it was despicable.

I don't like watching this dynamic at all.  I really want both Richard sisters gone from the show.  BRAVO loves it's "wrecked families" though, so I have little hope that will happen.

According to LisaV, who knows this kid better than Brandi, he is either 21 or 22. He is still wet behind the knees! LOL

• Love 2

Since I don't live anywhere near the west coast, maybe some who does can answer this for me. What is the attraction of having a house in the desert? Isn't it unbearably hot there? I mean, it's desert, right? No bodies of water there either. I think of it as a vacation home, so what is there to do there besides swim in the pool and sweat. I would think living near the coast is the more ideal area. I sincerely have no clue, just wondering.

Also, every issue with Kyle and Kim boils down to one thing: Kim is resentful of Kyle with her successful marriage and wealthier bank account. Kim used to be the successful one with the control and the money and now Kyle and even sister Kathy are in a much better place with their lives compared to Kim. 

That exchange about the house made me aware of the Kim & Kyle dynamic.

And Brandy, she is mentally/emotionally stunted. She acted like a teenager, giggling and twirling her hair, talking about how he's is such a good kisser. I've had my share of much younger lovers in my life, but there's a certain age you you can't go under and common sense will tell you that. If yoyu almost feel like a pedophile, then don't touch it. 

• Love 11

How come Kim never posts a blog? I thought that was part of the contract with Bravo. 

I don't know if it's contract or not, I've seen housewives on other shows not do it, or post theirs in another location, not on Bravo to avoid comments they can't delete (ahem, Jill Zarin, etc.)

Kim was posting her blogs earlier this season.  Monty got the news that his remission is over about 3 weeks ago, and that he will die soon.  All treatment has stopped since there is nothing more they can do.  I'd imagine posting a Bravo blog is low on Kim's list right now.

It was smart of Lisa to use RHBH to advertise PUMP as a place for gay marriages, and savvy of her to get her license to perform them, and get a couple to agree to be on camera.  I hope they got a full tape of the ceremony (not the clips) and Lisa comped the wedding/food/cake for them.  I really don't think Lisa's on this show for fame.  As long time restauranteurs, Lisa and Todd know how tough it is out there for new restaurants, and those BH locations must cost a pretty penny.  She's made very sure all 3 have been showcased repeatedly.  SUR on Vanderpump Rules, and many scenes on RHBH taking place in Villa Blanca (her birthday party this season, for just one example) and now she's launching PUMP, as well as showcasing her commitment to equal rights for the LGBT community.  Not bad Lisa, not bad.  You win.

• Love 4

That kid was trying to be so smooth, but every time he took a drink and he jabbed himself in the cheek with his straw, I snickered.

You know something ain't right when Adrienne is a welcome addition to a scene.

• Love 19

All these stories remind me of something my wise (and very much alive) mother told me, "the weak rule the world". Meaning that " weak" people are too fragile to be asked to go above and beyond. They can't handle things so they are spared. On the Amsterdam episode Kyke said as much to Eileen and the Lisas. She was saying she's always the strong one and that Kim can't handle things. Then she went on to say hey maybe Kim really is the strong one. This really hit home for me.

• Love 12

Since I don't live anywhere near the west coast, maybe some who does can answer this for me. What is the attraction of having a house in the desert? Isn't it unbearably hot there? I mean, it's desert, right? No bodies of water there either. I think of it as a vacation home, so what is there to do there besides swim in the pool and sweat. I would think living near the coast is the more ideal area. I sincerely have no clue, just wondering.

I am an East Coaster who was living in Southern California for 3 years (my fiancee is born and bred SoCal). He says that rich people mostly live in the LA area or on the coast line and flock to the desert to get out of the city. It's was long  the "trendy" place for rich Hollywood types to own second homes. There's golf and tennis. Not much else. I don't understand it, myself. 

• Love 3

It's definitely not our societal norm women dating men 20 years younger while it's a-ok for men to date women up to 60 years younger than them!  However, I agree with you The Mighty Peanut that it doesn't look good for Brandi when she hooks up with significantly younger men if only because she looks so much older and less attractive in comparison and I know that's not what she's going for.   I think Patty Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker) got it right when she said 10 years either way is a good limit.  Add that to the fact that Brandi objectified Andre by referring to him as "cock" and the whole "date" had a huge ick factor for me.  

Oh, sweet fancy Moses, I thought I was imagining it when I heard "cock".  

• Love 6

There's golf and tennis. Not much else. I don't understand it, myself.

I visit the west coast and I think the desert is the only place with clean air.  I'm constantly amazed that these people can live in that smog.  PS is very laid back, very little traffic, beautiful views etc.  So it would be a 'get away' if your residence was in smog, traffic 24/7, houses on top of each other.  Oh and it has always been cheaper.  One of my friends has twice the house for half the money in PS.

• Love 6

I visit the west coast and I think the desert is the only place with clean air.  I'm constantly amazed that these people can live in that smog.  PS is very laid back, very little traffic, beautiful views etc.  So it would be a 'get away' if your residence was in smog, traffic 24/7, houses on top of each other.  Oh and it has always been cheaper.  One of my friends has twice the house for half the money in PS.

True. When I first moved there (outside of Long Beach), I was shocked at how awful the air quality was. I got used to it pretty quickly, though. I never got used to the traffic though. I still have nightmares of being stuck on the 5 and 10 for hours. 

• Love 5

Kim's feeling of resentment over that house seems justified to me.

It doesn't to me  (and I have dozens of questions before I believe the velvet painting of Kim Richards as saintly second daughter --  was Kim changing bedpans? Cooking and cleaning and providing emotional support? No nursing care? And for how long -- three months?)  

But even if it's true, Kim's unresolved anger should be directed at her dead mother, not her sister.  I spent two months a year, for over a decade (often turning down gigs) to return to my childhood city and take care of my mother during her long battle with an ugly disease. I had two siblings who did next to nothing (they lived six and ten blocks away) and another sibling who did even more than I did -- and none of that had to do with my mother's house and how it was split equally amongst us.  If my mother had wanted to allocate inheritance based on effort made, she could have very easily done so. She didn't -- as was her right -- and her will was followed, just as with Big Kathy. Kyle is not responsible for following her mother's decision (as legally mandated in her mother's will) in taking her share, and then legally buying out her siblings when they opted out of the house. (And it's very interesting to me that Kim isn't enraged at her oldest sister, the sister with bucks aplenty -- who (if I'm reading it right) bought Kim a house in PS anyway -- why isn't Kim yelling at Kathy over her financial betrayal? Kathy could have foregone her share, given Kim the money to buy out Kyle...and yet, nada. I wonder who held the title on Kim's PS house? Was Kim too out of it to handle property in any capacity? That's my guess.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 23

And  how many feral cats had to die for that vest she was wearing?  Thought she was an animal lover.

Why do I continue to eat salt & vinegar chips while reading this Ptv? I just sprayed chips everywhere, cackling at this. When will I learn???

• Love 10

According to LisaV, who knows this kid better than Brandi, he is either 21 or 22. He is still wet behind the knees! LOL

Lisa's blog says he went to school with her son, who is 24.

So unless a 10 year old was hanging out with a 7 year old for several years, it's pretty easy to assume they are about the same age/same class.

The Palm Springs area is a wonderful vacation spot. There are many things to do and see there. Golfing is the biggie but there are many more recreational activities as well as an active restaurant and club scene. There are Casinos, if that's your thing.  Really the high summer is the only time the weather is too hot to be pleasant. 

This was brought to you by Palm Springs tourism.  Now returning you to your regularly scheduled program 

: )

• Love 11

Somehow the dirty, ratty looking vest fit BG perfectly.  it looked just like her hair. At first it made me think of an old teddy bear that she butchered and made into a vest.   The dress looked like it had strings on the bottom ( I know it didn't) so her tampon string would have gone unnoticed. 
LVP has all that money, and tailored blouses that always seem just a bit too small.  I really dislike the gaping front look on women.
Yay to LR for wearing sensible shoes while out and about and shopping.
I would have sent Kim packing had she screamed at me in my own home.  I would be willing to bet Kyle paid for the car service to get her down to PS. 

• Love 6

Me, neither. I'm only addressing the hypocrisy of the others getting all pearl clutchy (I'm not Brandi :-) just because she uses words they think are too trashy for them.

And I agree with you about getting annoyed easier with people you don't like. Absolutely true. Still, doesn't make the hypocrites less hypocritical.

I think they get "pearl clutchy" because Brandi trots out her trash routine every damn time. Like I said before that woman can't read a room.

Sitting at Yo's with babyface she makes some weird ass jump about something David F says, to finger bang! Huh?

She is inappropriate all the damn time.

• Love 9

I am puzzled.  What was the point of buying all those flowers when it was the last day in Amsterdam?  I realize Yolanda was buying them for arrangements at the last sdupper, but Brandi?   She is such an idiot

• Love 6

Kim was supposedly Big Kathy's caretaker and now, Kyle is Kim's caretaker.

Yeah, Kim was Big Kathy's caretaker for a few months and Kyle has been Kim's caretaker for how many years? Who got the short end of that stick? 

Big Kathy must have had a sick sense of humor. From what I have read, she enjoyed pitting the three girls against each other when they were young, and she made Kyle promise to take care of Kim, which Kyle feels she has to continue to do forever, or until Kim straightens herself out (which doesn't seem likely). As Kyle has said, she doesn't want the job, but going against Big Kathy's wishes would make her feel guilty. I'd bet Mommy Dearest also had a good laugh when she left the house to all three girls, knowing there would probably be problems down the line when the property would be sold.

If sister Kathy is so much closer to Kim than she is to Kyle, I'm sure she didn't allow Mauricio and Rick to take advantage of Kim when it came to the Palm Springs house. IMO, there's no big mystery there. It's all in Kim's addle brained head.    

• Love 14

Can we please get Sam and Dean Winchester into BH to fucking gank the meatsuits otherwise known as Brandi and Kim?  I have had enough of their b.s.

Brandi clearly is pathetic enough to date a 12 year old . . .and on film.  This will likely create neverending teasing for her sons.  Good job.  Mother of the year candidate for sure.  I was very, very disappointed that said 12 year old did not stand her up, as it certainly looked as though it was going that way.

Kyle, please just bring the paperwork and cancelled checks with you to the reunion so Kim can STFU about the GD house.  To quote Kim herself, Kim, shut your fucking mouth.  I have had just about enough of you, you beast.

YoFo pissed me off to no end last season but I have a slightly soft spot for her now.  I do think she means well and she's doing her best to keep Brandi from being completely ostrasized by this group but she's in a losing battle.  Save yourself, Yo!  You are dealing with a mental m***** who will never understand the logic you're peddling.

Otherwise a dull episode.  I look forward to the finale next week and what will surely be gold from Eileen's lips.  I love her more than my luggage.

• Love 12
I think Kim feels that part of her contribution was overlooked over material things

Then shouldn't she be pissed at her dearly departed mom then and not Kyle??

And I doubt the long, long trip Kim was on was due to five hours of traffic alone

All the Southern California residents who have sat in the parking lots of SoCal freeways just said "I believe it." I was feeling bad that Kim traveled five hours for a fight and then was stuck there overnight.

Since I don't live anywhere near the west coast, maybe some who does can answer this for me. What is the attraction of having a house in the desert? Isn't it unbearably hot there?

It can be super hot in late summer but I love the gorgeous mountain scenery all around you and the downtown area is fun and funky. All the restaurants have misters on their outdoor patios, like Kim mentioned, and all of my 100-plus degree vacation days have been spent lounging by a pool drinking frosty goodness!  Some people just really like the heat and it's not an issue for them.

• Love 6

23 makes more sense than 21. 

So a 19 year age difference between Brandi and Dutch Boy, and a 16 year difference between the 21 year old Lisa V and Ken.  Pretty close, but Lisa was younger.

I understand her being squicked out though, since she knew him as a boy, most May/September relationships can seem a little weird to me.  Still, it's kind of funny considering Lisa did basically the same thing, at a younger age than Dutch Boy.  I wonder if her parents were horrified?  Probably.

• Love 4

I think they get "pearl clutchy" because Brandi trots out her trash routine every damn time.

I agree. And I don't think it's at all hypocritical to add context to action (I can support one act of war but not another, while remaining true to a set of principles, because context matters).  Brandi is always mean-spirited, vicious, cruel and trashy-mouthed -- if Lisa R spends the next two seasons screeching, spreading lies, making anti-woman "jokes" in her talking heads and playing boundary-breaking physical "jokes" on the other women -- while throwing water on people and breaking glasses on tables -- then she too will join Brandi in Howler Monkey Housewife land.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

Whoa! That makes a whole lot of difference then. lol

I seriously thought the guy was around 26. Knowing he is Max's best friend, that just makes it all that much more skeevy. Look, I am almost always defending couples when my spouse points out an old man with a younger woman. I try in vain to get him to see that there are couples who are attracted to one another and age is just a damn number. However, with Brandi, it just comes off so nasty.

Brandi wasn't seeking a life partner. LisaV married her guy and have been together ever since.

Brandi may have gone for the guy simply because there was that connection to LisaV. Sort of, I can get your son if I wanted to, type of attitude.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

One more scenario: 

My friend moved in with her father to take care of him as he was sick.  She quit her job to care for him.  Her siblings were too busy.  This went on for eight years.  The dad died.  The house went up for sale.  The kids split the proceeds.  My friend spent eight prime years of her life taking care of her dad with little help from sibs.  In the end, she was left eight years behind in her career, never married nor had kids and without a home of her own.  I can see how that might feel like something was stolen from her.  Of course these were all her choices, and her dad should have looked after her better in his will, but still.  I've only paid half attention to the house thief storyline so could my friends' story have any pertinence to Kim's?

That is sad for your friend.

However, being that Kim managed to get engaged at least 3 times, married twice--plus give birth 4 to children--throughout her adult life, I don't think that your friend's and Kim's situations are really relevant.  In other words, I don't believe that Kim "gave up" her personal life to care for her mother.

I could practically smell Kims jealousy through my TV set.

LOL.  I'll bet that's true.  I, however, couldn't concentrate on Kim as I was busy seething with my own jealousy. We've seen many beautiful houses over the years on the Housewives shows, but I can honestly say her PS house is the first one that made me drool. I seriously LOVED that house.  Everything about it was just amazing. It looked like a resort!! 

• Love 10

So unless a 10 year old was hanging out with a 7 year old for several years, it's pretty easy to assume they are about the same age/same class.

Re-watch the show, I am going by what she said when it was filmed, not now in her blog months later. And Yes, he could be 2 years younger than Max, which would have made him 21-22 at the time of filming, and still be BF in High School, Lisa did not say they were BF's their entire life! LOL

• Love 3

Anyone want to bet on whether or not there's a blog from Kim this week.

Interesting that the person who has been the central focus of the entire season has not seen a reason to produce a blog since February 17th.

• Love 5

I agree; the only taste Kim has is for drama.

Last night, it became clear to me that Kim is not just an addict/dry drunk, she's out to sabotage Kyle's life. Kim won't be happy until she's poisoned Kyle's marriage (she's been a nightmare of a sister-in-law) family life (oh look, your daughter needed surgeries because of my dog!) career on reality television (slamming Kyle as a disloyal and untrustworthy sister on a show built around female relationships with family/friends) financial integrity (hinting at nefarious real estate dealings when her brother-in-law is a real estate agent) and friendships (creating me vs them scenarios) etc.  She's yet (that I remember) to attack Kyle's appearance, but (given her attack on Eileen) I bet that's on the menu eventually.

And I doubt the long, long trip Kim was on was due to five hours of traffic alone -- she looked high on something when primping in that mirror -- might be just bitterness and rage, but there was something off about her.

I am thinking the story went something like this-the driver arrived at 1 pm for what is a three hour drive and KIm farted around for 2 hours.  Kim did not want to be there and I would think as much as she loves Palm Springs she would be excited to have an overnighter there.  I think everyone thought it good for their storyline  the go some place without distractions such as ex husbands, husbands or children.

• Love 6

I loved Holland, loved the shots of Palm Springs, and also the little snippets of the ladies BH's day-to-day stuff. This was a good episode if you take away the infighting. I do think we need a break from the non stop fabulousness, but this particular fight is over,done, played out.

• Love 8