Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Confessions Of A Housewife

• Start Topic

23 makes more sense than 21. 

So a 19 year age difference between Brandi and Dutch Boy, and a 16 year difference between the 21 year old Lisa V and Ken.  Pretty close, but Lisa was younger.

I understand her being squicked out though, since she knew him as a boy, most May/September relationships can seem a little weird to me.  Still, it's kind of funny considering Lisa did basically the same thing, at a younger age than Dutch Boy.  I wonder if her parents were horrified?  Probably.

I dislike older men that prey on young women in order for a quickie 1 or 2 night hook up as well. That is all Brandi was doing, hooking up for a quickie, she was not looking for a relationship and IMO, it was a "gotcha moment" aimed at LisaV because of the Max connection. I seriously doubt that Brandi would have slept with him had LisaV not known him personally. I also have to wonder if Brandi disclosed she has an STD to him as it seems that she does not tell guys before she sleeps with them.

• Love 7

What floors me about Brandi and her seeming obsession with the menopausal status of the other women is that she has no concept that her sudden ravenous attraction to boys in their 20s is her reproductive system going into overdrive trying to eek out one more kid before it’s too late. 

I don’t know how voluntary Yolanda’s adoption of Brandi is.  For all we know she was “assigned” to be the person Brandi could shoot with, under penalty of being fired for being boring.  They had to keep Brandi relevant to the show, she was already estranged from two of the cast, and within hours alienated the two new girls.  Maybe Yolanda was told to put up or get out.  She's a very emotionally reserved person, so her laid back style is just as likely a refusal to be part of a screaming bitch fest as any kind of acceptance of Brandi's behavior.

Can’t help but laugh when people sigh about how much they love the desert, while standing between their pool and a hundred acres of landscaped golf course. 

I suspect it’s an investment for Mauricio, more than a second home – do they own it, or does the Agency?  He probably does a lot of business there and it gives him a chance to host/wine and dine out of towners.  Plus use for weekends here and there, of course.

• Love 7

I am an East Coaster who was living in Southern California for 3 years (my fiancee is born and bred SoCal). He says that rich people mostly live in the LA area or on the coast line and flock to the desert to get out of the city. It's was long  the "trendy" place for rich Hollywood types to own second homes. There's golf and tennis. Not much else. I don't understand it, myself. 

Well for one thing-ZERO-humidity.  The weather is very nice October through April and then it gets hot but never humid.  Nights are cool and days are pleasant.  That particular area can be a bit windy.  It is very dramatic with the Sierra mountains.

• Love 10

23 makes more sense than 21. 

So a 19 year age difference between Brandi and Dutch Boy, and a 16 year difference between the 21 year old Lisa V and Ken.  Pretty close, but Lisa was younger.

I understand her being squicked out though, since she knew him as a boy, most May/September relationships can seem a little weird to me.  Still, it's kind of funny considering Lisa did basically the same thing, at a younger age than Dutch Boy.  I wonder if her parents were horrified?  Probably.

Yeah, I want to snark on Mohammed Hadid's good friend Lisa Vander-I-married-a-much-older-man-pump for the sexist hypocrisy, but...... if a friend near my age hooked up with a friend of my son's, I'd be so icked out, I can't even. It just feels like a boundary violation for that to happen within the same social circle. And Lisa has that past bad blood with her former bestie/daughter-in-law, too, that probably adds to this. It's not an entirely rational response, but I guess I'll just have to be a hypocrite right along with Lisa on this one.

• Love 14

Um...if Kyle, Kim and Kathy were joint owners of the house, Kim would have had to sign a contract and escrow documents in order to transfer her ownership. So...maybe Kim doesn't remember doing that? Or remember cashing the check? Yikes. Instead she's fixated on Kyle and Mauricio selling Big Kathy's house and using the funds to buy another home. Kim's pea brain conveniently skips from Big Kathy giving the home to the three daughters... to Kyle selling it and "stealing" the money. Oh, and Kim never had the chance to go into the home prior to close of escrow to remove items she wanted? Even though her daughter was one of the listing agents for the property?

• Love 11

Since I don't live anywhere near the west coast, maybe some who does can answer this for me. What is the attraction of having a house in the desert? Isn't it unbearably hot there? I mean, it's desert, right? No bodies of water there either. I think of it as a vacation home, so what is there to do there besides swim in the pool and sweat. I would think living near the coast is the more ideal area. I sincerely have no clue, just wondering.

Also, every issue with Kyle and Kim boils down to one thing: Kim is resentful of Kyle with her successful marriage and wealthier bank account. Kim used to be the successful one with the control and the money and now Kyle and even sister Kathy are in a much better place with their lives compared to Kim. 

That exchange about the house made me aware of the Kim & Kyle dynamic.

And Brandy, she is mentally/emotionally stunted. She acted like a teenager, giggling and twirling her hair, talking about how he's is such a good kisser. I've had my share of much younger lovers in my life, but there's a certain age you you can't go under and common sense will tell you that. If yoyu almost feel like a pedophile, then don't touch it. 

To answer your desert question: Dry heat, golfing, resort living, easy drive from many So CA cities and lots of retirement villages. When I had a mountain 2nd home there were many homes that sat vacant during the off seasons. Many families had at least two or three homes that might include a city place, desert, beach or mountain. It was pretty common to have a home near LA/BH and either Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear and/or Palm Springs.

• Love 6
Brandi and the younger guy didn't bother me that much, what bothered me was that scuzzy dead bear vest she wore over her dress. Ugh! Her overly botoxed face was scary. Her upper lip looked very bloated. And she's the one who always refers to the other women as old. If she keeps up all the Botox and fillers she's going to look older than the other women.

AND GOOD LORD, did she look terrible the day after The Slap, man! Whoa!

• Love 6

When Yolanda is on the screen either defending or counseling Brandi, I think, "nothing is free."  Yolanda has paid dearly for that cup of Starbucks that Brandi brought to her when she was ailing .

I think that Yolanda is being disingenuous when she makes statements indicating that she thinks that Brandi can be reformed or "trained."  However I was struck by Yolanda's comment when she said to Brandi, "you've been loyal to me and I am loyal to you," and don't think that was disingenuous.  I think that currently Brandi's biggest tie to Yolanda is Yolanda's sense of loyalty to Brandi, and until Brandi does something egregious to Yolanda or they part company because one of them leaves the show, Yolanda will remain on positive terms with Brandi, or as Lisa V said, "she's your asshole now."

• Love 12

Um...if Kyle, Kim and Kathy were joint owners of the house, Kim would have had to sign a contract and escrow documents in order to transfer her ownership. So...maybe Kim doesn't remember doing that? Or remember cashing the check? Yikes. Instead she's fixated on Kyle and Mauricio selling Big Kathy's house and using the funds to buy another home. Kim's pea brain conveniently skips from Big Kathy giving the home to the three daughters... to Kyle selling it and "stealing" the money. Oh, and Kim never had the chance to go into the home prior to close of escrow to remove items she wanted? Even though her daughter was one of the listing agents for the property?

She would have had to sign the listing agreement!

• Love 2

I elect Brandi to get more facials since it keeps her from "speaking her mind freely."

I think that Yolanda is being disingenuous when she makes statements indicating that she thinks that Brandi can be reformed or "trained." However I was struck by Yolanda's comment when she said to Brandi, "you've been loyal to me and I am loyal to you," and don't think that was disingenuous. I think that currently Brandi's biggest tie to Yolanda is Yolanda's sense of loyalty to Brandi, and until Brandi does something egregious to Yolanda or they part company because one of them leaves the show, Yolanda will remain on positive terms with Brandi, or as Lisa V said, "she's your asshole now."

Makes me wonder if Brandi has some junk on YoDa. I bet YoDa was the one that told her Joanna broke up her marriage. YoDa might have Lymes but shes not above all the drama.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

She would have had to sign the listing agreement!

If you are referring to when it was listed with Brooke and Farrah, Kim did not own the house at that time, Kyle and Mauricio owned it. Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

It's not an entirely rational response, but I guess I'll just have to be a hypocrite right along with Lisa on this one.

Unlike LisaV, I doubt Brandi was planning to marry this boy six weeks after meeting him and have children by him -- so age issue aside, dating with a strong eye to marrying the person you're dating,  is not in the same league as a one night stand (or fall, given Brandi's drunken state) -- which means there's no comparison to be made between the two situations, imo, for any hypocrisy to kick in. (If Brandi found a young man she loved and married, and LisaV was snitty about the age difference, that would be a different story.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

Caring for an ailing mother for 3 years isn't history or memories or anything to have deep rooted emotions about?

You are right, in this case it's is not, especially if she had her own house  in the area that her mother bought for her and then she later lost.

But this is Kim.

She admitted she put her kids through hell with her drinking when they were growing up so any good memory she has of them is blown way out of emotional proportion because she probably wants to bury and forget the multitude of horrid memories under 6 feet of fractured fairytale bullshit. She is going to be livid if somebody starts pulling her rose colored memories out of the ground and shows the world their true and awful roots.

• Love 8

You know, when Kyle caught Kim out in her lie, mentioning that Brooke got the listing and Kim jumping right in to mention it was shared with Farrah (another grievance?), therefore indicating damned well that she knew the house was going on the market way before escrow, what actually startled me was that Kim was not at all confused. This situation was not Kim being delusional, having memory lapses, drug induced dementia, or any other of the circumstances people have been discussing as possible explanations for Kim's irrational behavior. Kim was fucking lying. On camera, lying to the world about how her sister has victimized her again. And, if Kyle and Mauricio really lost money on the deal, Kim would obviously know that, so what is with insinuating that they used the ill-gotten gains from the house they "stole" to buy the new place? It all looks like pure, calculated malice.

Such a good point (and her delivery was so focused; there was none of Victim Kim -- all leaky eyes and feeble-mouthed protestations - to be found anywhere in that section of the discussion.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

All the Southern California residents who have sat in the parking lots of SoCal freeways just said "I believe it." 

"So, Driver? I'm going to Palm Springs? Don't take the 105 to the 605 and then the ten, that takes way too long, yew take the I-10 all the way, or 70 freeway to I-10."  (This episode of "The Californians" brought to you by Kim Richards:)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

Just watched.

So Brandi doesn't go to the last dinner.  The Hos are at a beautiful canal-side restaurant and after they get their ' Brandi's not coming Yee Haws' out of the way and express what a nice night it will be now, they STILL sit there and talk about her. Oh the irony. 

Second hand embarrassment for Brandi's date and rugvest, and for Eileen's whole outfit and hair.  The heat must not be dry in Amsterdam.

• Love 3

I think a lot of the house thing boils down to what Kyle and Mauricio (and maybe Big Kathy) knew about Kim's mental state at the time. It sounds like they knew she couldn't handle the responsibilities of a house but were ok with having her make major financial decisions that were beneficial to Mauricio and Kyle. I think that's unethical. I know a lot of people see Kim's addiction issues as something she should have addressed back then in order to have the right to a bigger say in that decision, or clout in complaining about it in the present day -- that's not my opinion, though I understand that point of view.

Like Adrienne pointed out on WWHL...Kim AND Kyle are arguing about the same stuff as they were on season 1. IMO that means neither of them have the maturity to say I'm just not going to engage you on this topic, if not resolve it.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

Such a good point (and her delivery was so focused; there was none of Victim Kim -- all leaky eyes and feeble-mouthed protestations - to be found anywhere in that section of the discussion.)

She didn't even pause, did she, before she was right on it correcting Kyle about how Brooke had to share the listing? I'm suspecting Kim got tripped up by competing grievances. Either she's pissed that Brooke had to share, because handing the whole commission to Brooke is obviously the least Kyle and Mauricio should do, or Kim hates like fire that Kyle might get any more credit for doing her a generous favour than is absolutely necessary. Hell, maybe both.

• Love 12

I think a lot of the house thing boils down to what Kyle and Mauricio (and maybe Big Kathy) knew about Kim's mental state at the time. It sounds like they knew she couldn't handle the responsibilities of a house but were ok with having her make major financial decisions that were beneficial to Mauricio and Kyle. I think that's unethical. I know a lot of people see Kim's addiction issues as something she should have addressed back then in order to have the right to a bigger say in that decision, or clout in complaining about it in the present day -- that's not my opinion, though I understand that point of view.

Like Adrienne pointed out on WWHL...Kim AND Kyle are arguing about the same stuff as they were on season 1. IMO that means neither of them have the maturity to say I'm just not going to engage you on this topic, if not resolve it.

So Kyle/Mauricio should just keep paying all the bills, maintaining the house so it does not fall down around them all so Kim can stay there off and on without a care in the world? What about Kyle's/Kathy's rights as equal owners, when do their rights/needs come into play? Why didn't Kim try to buy out her sisters instead of saddling them with all the monetary cost of the home?

Separate post.....Brandi's blog is up and IMO, she is reading posts here and using what is said here as her defense. LOL The woman is clearly delusional IMO. 

• Love 21

My dad and stepmother ended up caring for her mother who had dementia/Alzheimer's for the last 12 years of her life until she died at the age of 92. Her mother helped custom design her dream home with the architect more than 40 years prior on prime real estate and my parents built their own home on the large piece of property to care for her. They purchased all the property from her mother below market value as a means to be on site to care for her to which all 7 of my stepmother's siblings agreed to beforehand. No one else wanted the responsibility as they either lived across the state or out of state entirely. The money from the estate would be what she lived on and managed by a different sibling and any monies from the estate that was left over would be divided evenly 8 ways between the siblings. All the details were drawn up by one of the sibling's spouse who was an attorney. After she passed away, one of my stepmother's brothers went berserk and accused my parents of foul play regarding the property and how it all went down even though he agreed to everything 12 years prior. Interestingly enough, he was an alcoholic as well. They had a massive blow up after the funeral and didn't speak for 3 years. Family and money are very touchy and I believe that greed on the part of this family member took over and he tried to bully my parents and make them feel guilty. They just temporarily wrote him off until he finally came to senses and let it go. He never apologized.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 8

But how did Kyle and Mauricio financially benefit? It sounds like they put more money into reno than they could recoup for basically sentimental reasons and essentially paid the bills for Kim's family's vacation home for all the years they owned it. What would a more equitable solution for Kim have looked like?

• Love 18

So Kyle/Mauricio should just keep paying all the bills, maintaining the house so it does not fall down around them all so Kim can stay there off and on without a care in the world? What about Kyle's/Kathy's rights as equal owners, when do their rights/needs come into play? Why didn't Kim try to buy out her sisters instead of saddling them with all the monetary cost?

I think Kyle and Mauricio doing 100% of everything and leaving Kim without a care in the world might be a false equivalency (JMHO, not intended rudely).

• Love 4

My issue with Kim is she uses her addiction as a weapon. Aims and fires when needed.

No one should speak of it, but also be aware that it is precious to her.

No one should call her out, but if you do she will tell you how hard her addiction has been in her children.

Never mind that it's not your fault but she will try to guilt you into submission.

Kim is a mean cranky manipulative woman. Is it because of her addiction? Who knows? But she uses whatever she can to control conversations.

I'm at the point where I just want her off the show because she is exhausting.

• Love 15

I think a lot of the house thing boils down to what Kyle and Mauricio (and maybe Big Kathy) knew about Kim's mental state at the time. It sounds like they knew she couldn't handle the responsibilities of a house but were ok with having her make major financial decisions that were beneficial to Mauricio and Kyle. I think that's unethical.

But if that were the case, then Kathy also knew Kim was in no mental state to press Kyle to buy out her (Kim's) share. And Kathy knew Kim was in no way mentally fit to try and buy back into the house with a mere 20 grand years later -- so why isn't Kim ranting about both her sisters betraying her financially? (My guess is it's all bullshit, and Kim is seething with jealousy and knows if she goes after Kathy Hilton, KH will mow her down like the weed Kim is -- whereas Kyle is always emotionally ready to play codependent reindeer games with Kim -- likely Kim's been grooming Kyle for this shit since Kyle got her first acting job, completely dulling the shine on Kim's star.)

• Love 15

How was selling the house to Kyle and Mauricio all that beneficial?  Kathy sold her share of the house as well.  And wouldn't Kathy say something if she felt she and Kim were getting ripped off in some way?  They were both paid the same.  What was unethical about it?

Kim wanted to buy her share of the house back for $20000., far less than what Kyle and Mauricio paid her.  Plus Kim was in no financial position to buy a vacation house. 

• Love 8

Kim probably thinks the money they made off of mommy's house paid for that new vacation home. She is crazy, like crazy crazy.

I find it very interesting that the one puppy Brandi picks up is Lisa's son bff...in Amsterdam. Ok.

• Love 5

I give up!  What's the point in rehashing the decade old dispute about the Palm Springs house?  If the Richards sisters can't get over it by now, it's hopeless.  I'm really tired of the Bichards Sisters.  I feel the same way about the Brandi bashing.   It's all been said.  I hope all three of them leave the show.

I'd rather look at the newbies, Eileen and LisaR, since they're obviously the future of the show.  Everyone else is played out or boring.  Am I the only one who thinks LisaR is ridiculously skinny?  Maybe next season will be about her eating disorder.  She's all skin and bones.

Look at her neck, shoulders and collar bone!

LisaR._zpsb73jgzlg.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

Brandi's blog - she needs to do a little more research before making declarations about Big Kathy's house and what happened.  It's vintage 'Adrienne is suing me' Brandi:

So, cut to Kyle showing her newest real estate purchase in Palm Springs. Kyle has decided the best possible place to talk to her sister is in the enormous multi-million dollar house she just bought from selling her and Kim’s shares of their deceased mother’s house…This always confuses me. If Kim was not of the mind to enter into business at the time, it looks like Kyle took advantage of her. If she was, it looks like a fast one was pulled. Clearly Kim is still unhappy about whatever transpired, and Kyle is hiding something. Wasn’t this the family house that Kim worked and paid for as a child star? Anyway, ask Kim, not me, but don’t ask Kyle, unless you’re a gossip site or magazine. Kyle’s been giving tons of interviews about her sister lately, even though they haven’t talked in many months. But file that under keeping Kim’s private life private. Right, Kyle?

• Love 7

You know, when Kyle caught Kim out in her lie, mentioning that Brooke got the listing and Kim jumping right in to mention it was shared with Farrah (another grievance?), therefore indicating damned well that she knew the house was going on the market way before escrow, what actually startled me was that Kim was not at all confused. This situation was not Kim being delusional, having memory lapses, drug induced dementia, or any other of the circumstances people have been discussing as possible explanations for Kim's irrational behavior. Kim was fucking lying. On camera, lying to the world about how her sister has victimized her again. And, if Kyle and Mauricio really lost money on the deal, Kim would obviously know that, so what is with insinuating that they used the ill-gotten gains from the house they "stole" to buy the new place? It all looks like pure, calculated malice.

If there is any explanation or analysis of this situation in which Kim doesn't appear to be a complete sociopath I'm genuinely interested in hearing it, because that's where I'm seeing it. And I'm not sure that sociopathy is a mental illness (does that even count as an illness?) that I can extend much sympathy or understanding for.

Somebody let Kim think a very long time ago her feelings were the most important in the world.  When Kim doesn't get her way or somebody has something she wants she will go to any lengths to discredit them as a human being and try and make the world feel sorry for her.

I posted a video on Kim's thread and it is an old video of Kim and Big Kathy and Kim clearly says she is living in Arizona to be closer to her mother and care for her because she has cancer.  On the same video Kim explains her ever changing stance on regret and being a child star.  Apparently, not riding the bus to school made Kim feel deprived.  I grew up in California and never rode a school bus.  Same with field trips-the things this woman choses to focus on.  I always keep in mind when Kim was not filming she was suppose to be in school. 

• Love 4

Lisa's blog says he went to school with her son, who is 24.

So unless a 10 year old was hanging out with a 7 year old for several years, it's pretty easy to assume they are about the same age/same class.

Lisa said that he was 23 which is about right since this was filmed last year. Brandi at the time was 43 an even 20 year age difference. 

• Love 4

When they showed Brandi getting out of the car at the restaurant, I thought she looked like a hooker from "The Flintstones"....

OMG LOL!    Well, It is the oldest profession, after all.  ; )

It looked great for a vacation spot.  I imagine a cleaning service comes through after rental/use.  So it being all tile etc makes that more efficient.  It's not where I would want to live but I would love it as a get away in the desert.  Plus being on a golf course helps with the rental potential.  So I like it but I like it for what it is.

I agree.  It's not my personal style, but not much is on these shows.  I just LOVE looking at architecture and design and beautiful views.  It's fun for me because it's not like I'm ever actually going to be inside houses like theirs in my lifetime.  lol

I had no issue with the ladies getting bawdy/raunchy that is IMO what happens with friends over drinks sometimes.

Brandi doesn't know how to read a room. Besides let's be honest when someone is always a bitch(Brandi) don't you get annoyed with them more, then people you well, you like and are in good terms with.

100% YES.   I don't doubt that most of the other HW can't stand Brandi, period, so anything she does is going to annoy them.  Bitch eating crackers.  All she has to do is open her mouth and as soon as I hear that voice, my eye starts to twitch.  I can't even imagine being in the same room as Brandi and not telling her to STFU.

And as another poster pointed out, Brandi's "jokes" are often at the other HW's expense, spoken without even a hint of affection attached.  There's definitely a right and a wrong way to joke around with people which is a very personal thing, however Brandi uses the same "humor" with everyone, regardless of relationship, personality, or situation.  Add to that, she's not even particularly funny and rarely witty, so it's just a bunch of juvenile toilet humor, intended to shock. 

Brandi wants other women to "clutch their pearls" so she can then point out how "cool", "open", "youthful" she is while they are a bunch of "pearl-clutching menopausal mamas".  It's another way to separate herself from the fact that she's no longer 20 years old.  But consequentially, she alienates other women, because they find her crude, immature, and offensive.  Then, she cries about how unfair it is when she ends up all alone .  She really, truly does this to herself.  I've said before; Brandi creates her own misery, over and over again.  Her skin is not the only thing she picks at until it's an open sore. 

That's what Kyle needs to do is forgive herself.  She's done what she can for Kim with good intentions.  If Kim doesn't feel that way, oh fucking well.

This is such an important gift that Kyle needs to give herself.  She's racked with guilt which is not only coming from Kim but from herself.  Just as Kim needs to learn how to take responsibility for herself, Kyle needs to learn how to let go and release her guilt, anger, fear, feeling of responsibility towards Kim.  There's too much push/pull from both of them and we can all see how unhealthy it is.  

[...]  And  how many feral cats had to die for that vest she was wearing?  Thought she was an animal lover.

PETA is going to be allll over this.  lol 

• Love 14
Kim wanted to buy her share of the house back for $20000., far less than what Kyle and Mauricio paid her.  Plus Kim was in no financial position to buy a vacation house.

Kim said in an interview after this whole thing was brought up in 2011 that she took an equity loan of $20,000 from her share of the Palm Springs home and then when she wanted to pay it back and regain her full equity Kyle and Mauricio refused to take her money and "partner" with her.  I really don't know what the full story is but I know I'm not going to take Kyle's word for any of it without corraboration. 

Lisar really does need to eat a piece of bread.

• Love 6

Two years lapsed in between the time Big Kathy left the 3 girls the house and when Mauricio and Kyle bought the others out. That was more than enough time for each of them to decide what they wanted/didn't want to happen. 

In all honesty, if Kim ever said, "hey, I was in a terrible place emotionally and wasn't really thinking straight back in 2004 when I sold my portion. I had no idea what I was doing and I didn't really want to sell the house, but you guys kind of took advantage of me when I was out of it", I think that would be enlightening. She has never claimed - to my knowledge, to have been anything other than lucid and knowledgeable about what she was doing at the time. It was later, 5 YEARS LATER, when she decided that she wanted back in. 

I guess what I would love is for someone to honestly say what Kyle and Mauricio (and maybe Kathy at the time) were supposed to do? K&M wanted the house. They could afford the house. They had been co-owning with Kim for a while. Maybe it wasn't easy. Maybe she wasn't doing the things a person co-owning a home should do. She needed the money and wanted out of her part of the house. Let me guess. Were they supposed to "protect" her and not let her sell her portion of the home because she was fragile? Because she might change her mind? I just don't get this, but I understand how Kim gets it. We have heard all season long about how Kyle doesn't "protect" her. This is probably on the long list of things that Kyle was supposed to just put up the cash and shut up about. 

Maybe others don't agree, but sometimes it seems to me like Kim is almost daring Kyle to reveal some of the horror of Kim's drinking/drugging days. Kyle never does this. The closest she has ever come is saying that Mauricio treated her like his damned wife, but she has never gotten specific. Never told the stories of Kim the drunk. When Kim was poking her about the house and Kyle said "you couldn't afford a second home at that time", I think everyone knew there was so much more too it than that. More to it than that Kim didn't have the money. That was when she was in the thick of her addiction and I am sure there were a variety of reasons that owning that home was something she couldn't handle. Kyle never says any of it. Never. But sometimes it feels like Kim wants to push her to that place so that she can say "see, this is what you do to me". 

• Love 20

I swear I'm not being snarky (crosses heart and hopes to die) but what should Kyle have done instead? The bills aren't going to wait around for Kim to sober up. Kim is an adult in the eyes of the law (even if we all know better) and is able to sign a contract. I get that you are talking the morally right thing to do and not the legality of it but I just can't figure out what else they could have done. I think it's safe to say if Kyle knew all the problems that God damn house was going to cause she would have passed on it.

• Love 15

I give up!  What's the point in rehashing the decade old dispute about the Palm Springs house?  If the Richards sisters can't get over it by now, it's hopeless.  I'm really tired of the Bichards Sisters.  I feel the same way about the Brandi bashing.   It's all been said.  I hope all three of them leave the show.

I agree.  Not much more to say about Brandi and Kim that hasn't been said.  I've got a question that isn't about a newbie but it isn't about B or K,  either.  It's Lisa VP and something I didn't notice before or see mentioned..

This week's epi gives us a flashback to when they were at the windmill talking to the guy Yolanda allegedly kissed years ago.  LisaVP leans in and says to the guy, "Go on, kiss her again.  For old time's sake.  Fluken mahkhen fluken flahken!" 

Had we been in China and if Lisa had said, "Ching yang chong, chinky yang dong?" would that be okay?  I can't decide if Lisa making fun of the dialect is just stupid or offensive.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

As for this particular topic about the PS home, I mentioned memory lapses, but not as an excuse, more of Kim being deceitful. With that, I agree. Kim can remember things, but only for her convenience. This house, like many other things, are her WMD (thank you SwordQueen) to pull out at a moment's notice whenever Kyle brings up a truth about Kim.

Brandi: "Wasn’t this the family house that Kim worked and paid for as a child star?"

Hmmmm...is this something Kim told you in private, Brandi over drinks and more drinks? That sure reads like a comment Kim would say about that house.

What's the point in rehashing the decade old dispute about the Palm Springs house?

Agree. When that topic came up last night, I rolled my eyes so hard, I had to pick them up off the floor when they fell out of my head. I touched upon it only because more info was mentioned last night about that home, but frankly, I am so damn tired of that PS home. I feel there will never be resolution because Kim won't let it go. It is a permanent stain on her fried brain. I imagine two lawyers, a mediator, a psychiatrist, and all involved in the sale of that PS home could sit down and hash it all out for Kim, but she will forever believe she was scammed. Period. There is no convincing that addict that she was in no position to maintain that home. As Zoeysmom mentioned, someone taught Kim that she is entitled and she can have whatever she wants regardless of who has to foot the bill.

I feel the same way about the Brandi bashing.

As long as Brandi continues to be on this show and continues to show what an ass she is on every episode, sometimes two or three times in one episode, comments about her behavior will continue. It isn't as if old actions are being dredged up just to be able to comment negatively on Brandi. She gives us new shit to snark on every week.

njbchlover, on 18 Mar 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

When they showed Brandi getting out of the car at the restaurant, I thought she looked like a hooker from "The Flintstones"....

Hilarious!!!

I really don't know what the full story is

Look at Kim as the addict that she is and remember that as of today, Kim still doesn't own a home. She continues to rent. Why is that? Not snarking at you, but at Kim's position that she is owed any house while someone else (Mauricio) pays for EVERYTHING, like he did for five years on that PS home while she was in the throes of addiction.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

This whole thing with Kim and Kyle is giving me Whatever Happened to Baby Jane vibes, and I don't like it one bit. When I watch them on scene, I'm getting creeped out like I was watching that movie. I don't like seeing addiction and co-dependence on a supposedly fun reality tv show.

• Love 5

I agree.  Not much more to say about Brandi and Kim that hasn't been said.  I've got a question that isn't about a newbie but it isn't about B or K,  either.  It's Lisa VP and something I notice before or see mentioned..

This week's epi gives us a flashback to when they were at the windmill talking to the guy Yolanda allegedly kissed years ago.  LisaVP leans in and says to the guy, "Go on, kiss her again.  For old time's sake.  Fluken mahkhen fluken flahken!" 

Had we been in China and if Lisa had said, "Ching yang chong, chinky yang dong?" would that be okay?  I can't decide if Lisa making fun of the dialect is just stupid or offensive.

I think LisaV's attempts at humor are often inappropriate, especially for someone who thinks of herself as "refined."  

• Love 5

I am sure my opinion may be unpopular but I think I can understand where Kim is on the house. If both of her sisters sere more financially successful, she may have thought "why do they need to take this too" and it looked like greed and selfishness. Neither one of them seem to have needed money because of their spouses. So then Kim may have felt FORCED into being bought out and is stuck with the "its unfair" monologue in her head that won't go away. Maybe they took something from her when she was at a weak point. Doesn't she deserve something after working as a tewn to help support their lives back then? IMO

Remember, Kim had men in her life who were wealthy. Kim wasn't this person who was alone and tending to children who were dumped on her doorstep while receiving food stamps. She managed to snag a couple of guys who had fat wallets. She herself once mentioned on the show that she lived a life with a butler, a maid, and living carefree while she was with one of those men (can't remember which one). Why didn't one of those men buy her the PS home? Why didn't one of those men buy her any vacation home?  Kathy apparently BOUGHT her a vacation home in Palm Springs, likely to shut her pie hole about that PS mess. This woman has had the luxury to live a very wealthy lifestyle, but her addiction was more important to her. She made that choice. She did receive child support and spousal support. She burned through all that money BECAUSE of her addiction. Kim didn't pay any taxes nor did she pay for any maintenance and upkeep of the PS house. How fair is that to those who had to pay? How fair is it to those who had to pick up after Kim? This isn't about what Kim deserves, but whom she should be thanking for tending to her broke-ass. Kim had many opportunities to have that home. She had FIVE years. What was she doing in those five years? Liquoring herself up and probably looking for a new baby-daddy.

Why doesn't Kim remember that she had to have signed escrow documents and other documents in order for this home to be sold? There is no way she could have been taken advantaged of or scammed, as she would love the world to believe. Reading that Brandi is now claiming Kim was taken advantaged of, it just reeks of Kim rehashing that rumor in the hopes of smearing her family because of course, she has to deflect us viewers! Sorry, Kim. I see right through you. It won't work. I have been around enough addicts to know what you are doing.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14

But if that were the case, then Kathy also knew Kim was in no mental state to press Kyle to buy out her (Kim's) share. And Kathy knew Kim was in no way mentally fit to try and buy back into the house with a mere 20 grand years later -- so why isn't Kim ranting about both her sisters betraying her financially? (My guess is it's all bullshit, and Kim is seething with jealousy and knows if she goes after Kathy Hilton, KH will mow her down like the weed Kim is -- whereas Kyle is always emotionally ready to play codependent reindeer games with Kim -- likely Kim's been grooming Kyle for this shit since Kyle got her first acting job, completely dulling the shine on Kim's star.)

What Kathy Hilton's fear and bitch is with both of them-do not discuss family business.  Kim can't go around talking about the house from 2004 and not expect Kyle to defend herself.  Kim embarrassing herself on Poker Night-no biggie as she didn't reveal any family secrets.  That is why Kyle is so nervous about Chatty Kim bending Brandi's ear. 

• Love 7

I think Kyle and Mauricio doing 100% of everything and leaving Kim without a care in the world might be a false equivalency (JMHO, not intended rudely).

I get it but Kim was in no position to buy a house, she lost or sold the one her mother or Kathy bought her in PS. What makes anyone think she could afford this one? I do not think Kathy/Rich would allow anyone to get more than the others or to take advantage of Kim. Let Kim go scream at Kathy for not buying out Kyle/Mauricio and giving her the house because it would have been easier for Kathy to afford giving the house to Kim than it would have been Kyle/Mauricio.

• Love 7

Kim said in an interview after this whole thing was brought up in 2011 that she took an equity loan of $20,000 from her share of the Palm Springs home and then when she wanted to pay it back and regain her full equity Kyle and Mauricio refused to take her money and "partner" with her.  I really don't know what the full story is but I know I'm not going to take Kyle's word for any of it without corraboration. 

Lisar really does need to eat a piece of bread.

Deeds don't lie-more importantly does Kim have any proof of this alleged $20,000.00 pay off?  So Kim would take $20,000.00, wait five years to get back in making no payments on the mortgage, taxes or insurance or interest on her equity loan.  Does that sound even slightly plausible or equitable? 

• Love 14

100% YES.   I don't doubt that most of the other HW can't stand Brandi, period, so anything she does is going to annoy them.  Bitch eating crackers.  All she has to do is open her mouth and as soon as I hear that voice, my eye starts to twitch.  I can't even imagine being in the same room as Brandi and not telling her to STFU.

And as another poster pointed out, Brandi's "jokes" are often at the other HW's expense, spoken without even a hint of affection attached.  There's definitely a right and a wrong way to joke around with people which is a very personal thing, however Brandi uses the same "humor" with everyone, regardless of relationship, personality, or situation.  Add to that, she's not even particularly funny and rarely witty, so it's just a bunch of juvenile toilet humor, intended to shock.

Agreed. The problem with Brandi is she never gets to a point where she's built enough traction with these women for them to overlook some of the stuff she says/does or like you said to enjoy the banter with her, bc everything she says and does annoys them. It's like she's got a negative balance in her bank account with these women. She's not making enough deposits to give her account a positive balance, she takes withdrawal after withdrawal and no one including most of the viewers have any tolerance for her anymore.

• Love 12

I swear I'm not being snarky (crosses heart and hopes to die) but what should Kyle have done instead? The bills aren't going to wait around for Kim to sober up. Kim is an adult in the eyes of the law (even if we all know better) and is able to sign a contract. I get that you are talking the morally right thing to do and not the legality of it but I just can't figure out what else they could have done. I think it's safe to say if Kyle knew all the problems that God damn house was going to cause she would have passed on it.

Of great importance to remember at the time Kim was raising four minor children.  I would think she would object o being declared incompetent and lose custody of her children.   It would seem had the waited for Kim to sober up the house probably would have gone back to the bank.

ETA -This came off snotty and I did not intend it to.  I just found myself responding partially to Brandi's blog.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

What really bothers me about some of these HW, particularly Brandi and Kim, is the obsession with everything being “fair” or “the same”. Take last night’s episode with Brandi’s facial whining (which can’t be good for the skin, to whine and cry so much) and Kim’s house whining.  That’s just not life.  Life isn’t about everyone having, doing, being the same things and receiving the same outcomes.  Doesn’t happen that way.  We all have choices.  Even when decisions are made for us, we usually have a choice in how we feel and how we respond. 

I notice that people who are like this tend to only whine about “fairness” when the outcome is not primarily in their favor.  If Kim had been in Kyle’s shoes, would she have just given her sister the house?  Would she put up with the accusations of stealing Kyle’s “Goddam house”?  I don’t think so.  Kim doesn't give, period, unless she gets something first.  The look of pure satisfaction on Kim’s face when she felt she “won” because Kyle was crying, is all I need to know to form my opinion.  Then, and only then, she’ll deign to comfort the poor soul who lost to her.

And Brandi, in her child’s mind, thinks that if someone else does it, then it’s OK for her to do it, too, because fairness.  Everything she does is compared to other people’s actions and then justified, even when the two actions aren't even remotely the same.  

Lisa V married an older man (over 20? Years ago), so it’s only fair that I get to fuck a 20 year old for one night.  FAIRNESS! 

Lisa R smashed a wine glass on the table where we were all seated, so it’s only fair that I get to manhandle, molest and then slap someone whose love I want again.  FAIRNESS!

The other HW drink while out with friends, so it’s only fair that I get to down a bottle of wine, then pop a Xanax and remove my clothing and call everyone bitches.  FAIRNESS! 

I was cheated on by my husband, so it’s only fair that other women feel like their husbands have cheated on them, too, even if they never have.  FAIRNESS!

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 24

This whole thing with Kim and Kyle is giving me Whatever Happened to Baby Jane vibes, and I don't like it one bit. When I watch them on scene, I'm getting creeped out like I was watching that movie. I don't like seeing addiction and co-dependence on a supposedly fun reality tv show.

Me neither. What was really creepy was how easily Kim went from screaming to "I love you" and hugging Kyle.   I'm guessing Kyle slept that night with one eye open.

• Love 11