Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Confessions Of A Housewife

• Start Topic

Yes, there are times that LisaV is inappropriate, they all have been at times, all of them. Brandi is that way most of the time, 90% of the time she is way over the top inappropriate to the point, IMO, of being desperate and offensive at the same time.

Ya don't say. LOL

I don't disagree.  But since I wasn't thinking of Brandi when I was providing an example of Lisa V's inappropriateness, I wasn't thinking to include Brandi in my post.

I try hard not to think of her at all.

• Love 5

Ya don't say. LOL

I don't disagree.  But since I wasn't thinking of Brandi when I was providing an example of Lisa V's inappropriateness, I wasn't thinking to include Brandi in my post.

I try hard not to think of her at all.

LOL, Sorry! I was using her as an example of the opposite side of the coin. Most of the HWs, including LisaV, on 1 side and Brandi on the other. IMO, if you add up all the other HW's inappropriate behavior together, even then I don't think it reaches Brandi's level. LOL

• Love 9

It might have been on VPR but Lisa was overseeing a worker putting up the menu display box on the outside of PUMP.  She called out for Ken, who was around a corner to come watch while the workman pounded her box.  And then repeated it and laughed.  Now at the time, Lisa wasn't in my sites as being an ass, yet, so I didn't pay attention to if the worker was uncomfortable or not.   But even still, I'd say there was one example of her being inappropriate.

That's why I said her bawdy remarks are usually not made at inappropriate times.  I'm certainly not going to say she's never inappropriate, because they have all been at one time or another.  However, Brandi is the only one who makes a habit of it.

Also, with Brandi, its not always about saying things that make the others gasp or clutch their pearls; its also things like the remark she made to Babyface about the ring and the remark she made about Eileen's home.  These are things you may think to yourself, but a mature adult doesn't say them out loud. 

• Love 9

What Brandi completely misses is that most of the bawdy performers have intelligence behind their act.  For all of Howard Stern's fartman stuff, he's a brilliant interviewer. He knows how to shut off the sleeze and yet he can still be funny.  Brandi is just shock and shock.  

What I don't get is why Yolanda coddles her.  She's as offensive as they get.  There's nothing redeeming about her.  And she sure seems to be a shitty friend.

I think Yolanda took on the mentor/coddling role with Brandi for a couple of reasons.  One, being "close" to Brandi and on her side keeps her out of her line of fire (hopefully).  And she needed to figure what "role" she could play that would allow her to remain above the drama.   She is smart. 

• Love 7

I don't know.  Maybe I'm what they call "an easy audience," but I still get a chuckle out of most of Lisa V's remarks.  Somehow, I guess it reminds me of some stuffy, proper English lady, during a lull in the conversation, letting loose with a window-rattling fart.  I don't expect a blue remark to escape from Lisa's lips, so they usually surprise me and sometimes give me a snicker.  I agree, though, that timing is everything, and too often is too much.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 10

Monty denied giving Kim pain meds in one of his tweets.

Not that I believed Kim's version of events for one minute, but this only makes her story look that much worse. I wonder if someone will call her out on it at the reunion.

on the Hawaii trip they way she pronounced Maurice lead me to beleive it was not affectionate at all. She was just dripping with sarcasm and venon. I wish I could describe it better but it stuck with me all these years. Does anyone else remember this? Or better yet know where I could find the clip and I will post it.

That's what I was saying. Even if Kim called Mauricio "Maurice" because thats how he introduced herself to her years ago, there is a certain cadence to her voice when she speaks his name; sometimes its condescending, sometimes unfriendly and occasionally its downright acrimonious. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears it.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 9

That's what I was saying. Even if Kim called Mauricio "Maurice" because thats how he introduced herself to her years ago, there is a certain cadence to her voice when she speaks his name; sometimes its condescending, sometimes unfriendly and occasionally its downright acrimonious. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears it.

I think Kim does it to annoy Kyle, especially if Kyle is the one who morphed Maurice into Mauricio.  Maybe she thinks it's sexier or more intriguing.

I'm surprised Kim just doesn't call him Mo.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Agree.

I don't think Mauricio cares, or people at his office wouldn't routinely call him Maurice or Mo.  Kim did say it in a nasty way, but possibly it was more of a jab at Kyle's pretensions than at Mauricio.

• Love 1

if Kyle is the one who morphed Maurice into Mauricio.

His legal name is Mauricio, not Maurice. Kyle didn't change his name to 'Mauricio'. His father was named 'Eduardo' and people would likely refer to a person with that name as 'Ed' or 'Eddie'.

• Love 7

His legal name is Mauricio, not Maurice. Kyle didn't change his name to 'Mauricio'. His father was named 'Eduardo' and people would likely refer to a person with that name as 'Ed' or 'Eddie'.

OK......nevermind!

I thought someone posted that his name was actually Maurice but Kyle calls him Mauricio.

I think Kim does it to annoy Kyle, especially if Kyle is the one who morphed Maurice into Mauricio.  Maybe she thinks it's sexier or more intriguing.

I'm surprised Kim just doesn't call him Mo.

Kyle didn't morph Maurice into Mauricio.  Mauricio is his actual name.  Some people know him as Maurice, and others know him as Mauricio, and sometimes both are shortened to just Mo.  I don't find that unusual at all.  I posted a few days ago about my ex-husband, but I also have several friends who are known as (for example) Bobby to some and Robert to others.   No big deal, super common, no morphing with ulterior motives.

IMO Kim did it to annoy Mauricio.  It was her tone of voice, clearly meant to be demeaning.  Prior to that, she did refer to him as Mauricio many times, and in her addled mind (she was with the bulldog-looking guy at that point and clearly using), she thought she was ridiculing and embarrassing him by calling him Maurice.  So ridiculous.  Her jealousy and resentment are very clear and have been for a long time.  I think she intended it as a jab at both Kyle & Mauricio, but it landed flat because he's used to both names.  So it was meaningless.

• Love 9

IMO Kim did it to annoy Mauricio.  It was her tone of voice, clearly meant to be demeaning.  Prior to that, she did refer to him as Mauricio many times, and in her addled mind (she was with the bulldog-looking guy at that point and clearly using), she thought she was ridiculing and embarrassing him by calling him Maurice.  So ridiculous.  Her jealousy and resentment are very clear and have been for a long time.  I think she intended it as a jab at both Kyle & Mauricio, but it landed flat because he's used to both names.  So it was meaningless.

Yes, I believe that Kyle explained (a long time ago) that Mauricio was first introduced to her family as Maurice and that he went by that name in business too.  Over the years he (became more confident) and started using his given name.  Kyle said that Kathy and Kim mostly still call him Maurice.

I do remember when Kim first called him Maureece.  It was jarring to the ear because it was certainly said by a hateful hater who hated.

• Love 7

I think Kim is probably very bitter.

She was the child star who made all the money.

She married very rich men.

Kyle was the younger sister, less known as an actress, divorced and a single mom....she married Mauricio who was at the time less successful than Rick Hilton or Kim's husbands....

but now Kyle has a very successful husband, a business, a beautiful happy family, and she is wealthier than Kim.

A lot to be bitter about if you don't understand that where you are is mostly up to you in life. 

• Love 16

Wealth is relative, in the circles that Kyle travels in Maurico was a pauper.

I think it was confirmed when Andy asked if they had a pre-nup and Kyle said we didn't have any money.  Boy, how things have changed.

• Love 10

Okay, this is nitpicky but what was with Eileen practically doing her kid's homework? Is this how people parent these days?

Yes, 

I work with a woman whose son graduated college last year; and right up to graduation, she called him daily to ask about his assignments, tell him how to do things, etc.  He's a smart kid, didn't need the pushing or assistance, but he got it anyway.

• Love 3

Not to harp on Brandi, but on her "date," she reminded me a little of Vivien Leigh in The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone. I have no problem with dating out of one's immediate age bracket, and I have no problem with saying "Hey, I just want to get laid" if one is a woman; but she seemed so forlorn while she sat there, drinking away the time until the kid finally showed up that it was kind of sad.  Brandi may have been angling for sympathy in some twisted way, but (IMO) she way overshot and went straight to pity instead. 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 8

I didn't see Eileen practically doing her son's homework at all.  She was going over assignments.  I think that's a responsible and involved parent.  He's eleven years old - 5th or 6th grade probably?

• Love 15

Brandi is so very jelly of the Menopause Mamas.  She can only envy what they have, knowing she doesn't have it now and won't when she herself hits menopause in a few years.  And she won't have any of the Mamas as friends to introduce her to all kinds of wealthy men at parties and galas and charity events.

• Love 9

For what it's worth, a few years ago there was a picture in a woman's magazine of Kim and Cathy going out for the evening.  Kyle wasn't with them.  The story below the picture said that Kim and Cathy are close, but that neither of them is close to Kyle.  The magazine didn't give a reason, which I thought was a huge omission.  (The five rules of journalism are who, what, where, how and WHY.)  They slipped up on that one. Throughout this entire discussion, I've thought of that picture and comment.

To me it's clear that Kathy and Kim have or had a shared interest in partying and hard(er) drugs.

• Love 11

Damn, I must've been higher than Kim at a card game, because I thought Andre was pretty good looking. (I believe he was in a TrueCar ad that played before the UNC game last night, too.) But, yeah, that date was all kinds of cringey, as that's the only way Brandi knows how to roll.

Kim has also called Mauricio "Morris" before, so who knows what's up with her and the multiple pronunciations.

• Love 3

Damn, I must've been higher than Kim at a card game, because I thought Andre was pretty good looking. (I believe he was in a TrueCar ad that played before the UNC game last night, too.) But, yeah, that date was all kinds of cringey, as that's the only way Brandi knows how to roll.

Kim has also called Mauricio "Morris" before, so who knows what's up with her and the multiple pronunciations.

Probably because she's a self centered, elitist bitch who can't be bothered to properly pronounce her brother in law's name. They've only been family for 20 years or so, clearly she needs more time to get it right.

• Love 10

Maybe Kim butchering Mauricio's name is due to Kim's brain being atrophied by past (and likely present) drug abuse. I still can't believe that, at the My Gays Party, Kim could not recall whether she had spoke to Kyle that morning or the day before. I can see confusing things that happened a day or two before but not actually remembering what you did a few hours ago? That shocked me as to how out of things and unreliable Kim. No way Kim can be or has ever been a responsible caregiver to anyone, IMO. She is truly in her own world.

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Love 13

I don't believe in shaming women who date younger men, but damn if it isn't a little creepy that Dutch is closer in age to Brandi's son than he is to her. Also, STFU about menopause, B. Your loves Yolanda and Kim are in that age bracket and you're getting close, and when it hits you, I hope you don't think you're less of a woman. ETA: I find it equally creepy when middle-aged men have one (or 2) nighters with much younger women.

I've got more than a decade on Mr. Persnickety so no judging here.

What made this creepy for me wasn't the fact he was younger than Brandi.

It was the fact he looked like a BOY rather than a MAN.

I've seen some totally hot, rugged, manly 23-year-old men.

This dude wasn't one of those.  He looked like a 12-year-old.

Hell, I kept waiting for Brandi to spit-clean his face like a toddler.

That's what raised it to ick factor for me.

She looked like a child molester due to her hardened 42 years juxtaposed against his immature 23 years.

*shudder*

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 19

I think the reason Brandi enjoyed this conquest is because it makes her feel like she "still has it."  Meanwhile, she's really ruined her face with all those injectibles.  She looks like she's a 55 year-old rather than her age.  I bet it's scary up close.

• Love 7

I think the reason Brandi enjoyed this conquest is because it makes her feel like she "still has it." Meanwhile, she's really ruined her face with all those injectibles. She looks like she's a 55 year-old rather than her age. I bet it's scary up close.

Women like Brandi always make me kind of glad I never thought I had the chops to get by on my looks. I worked on become an interesting person instead. If you really feel like the best thing you have to offer the world is your appearance growing older must be scary as fuck.

• Love 16

This should come with "Buyer Beware"  plastered on it in bold print! LOL This has been photo shopped, most of these types of modeling photos are. Her hands are ugly, IMO, worse than Kyle's/Kim's!

• Love 4

Agree that most (all) modeling shots are retouched, but I don't think so in that one.  Eye crinkles are still showing, legs aren't smoothed out, and freckles on her stomach aren't airbrushed.

I think Yolanda is by far the most timelessly beautiful.

Lisa was beautiful in her younger days as well.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3

I don't know, I doubt the pink suit was before her marriage, she's older there.  There are more on the web if you search "Brandi Glanville modeling" but a few are on sites that you can't copy the url.  It looked like mostly catalog work, some runway, and a few others.

She looks cute and happy with Eddy though, that was probably taken while he was sleeping with Sheaaeaennnaea or any of a dozen others, possibly Leann.

• Love 1

I think Brandi was very pretty when she joined the show. More so when she was very casual. I always thought she was at her most lovely in Ojai first thing in the morning while talking to Lisa in their bedroom. Not a stitch of makeup on that I could see. She was just a natural beauty. What makes her case so sad to me is that she has done this to her lovely face and I don't think it can be undone. Does anyone who starts down this path ever stop? Yo is beautiful as well, but more so because she has allowed herself to age. If she has had work done it has been very discreet. Kyle is rare in that she actually looks better now than she did when the show first started. That almost never happens. Like Yo, whatever work she has had done has been handled with a deft touch. They must use the same doctor that Lu and Sonja do over on the NY show. 

• Love 7

OMG LOL  I don't remember that. 

I must have been busy, crawling on the bathroom floor, looking for where I stored my, uh, baking powder, when she said this. 

I would have loved it if, every time Kim saw or referenced Mauricio, she'd used a completely different "M" name.  Would make a great SNL skit or running joke on The Soup or some such place.   

"Hi, Moses, where's Kyle?"

"I didn't hear Brandi say anything about Mario cheating on you!"

"I know who stole My Goddam House, and MacDonald was his name-o!"

• Love 13

I think Brandi was very pretty when she joined the show. More so when she was very casual. I always thought she was at her most lovely in Ojai first thing in the morning while talking to Lisa in their bedroom. Not a stitch of makeup on that I could see. She was just a natural beauty. What makes her case so sad to me is that she has done this to her lovely face and I don't think it can be undone. Does anyone who starts down this path ever stop? Yo is beautiful as well, but more so because she has allowed herself to age. If she has had work done it has been very discreet. Kyle is rare in that she actually looks better now than she did when the show first started. That almost never happens. Like Yo, whatever work she has had done has been handled with a deft touch. They must use the same doctor that Lu and Sonja do over on the NY show. 

I thought she was pretty as well although I always thought she looked plastic surgeried way back when the Leann Rimes affair broke.  Cheek implants?  I don't know. She was pretty.  She would look so much better if she let herself age with some minor tweaks.

• Love 3

Okay, this is nitpicky but what was with Eileen practically doing her kid's homework? Is this how people parent these days?

She was? I thought she was going over assignments with him. I have done that with my children, particularly one who would gloss over their assignment and when I would check it, find that it needed a major overhaul. Better to sit there and go over the assignments from the beginning then to have to check it afterwards and find that the assignment wasn't even done right to begin with. Nothing like telling a kid they have to do something all over again.

My spouse actually mentioned about that scene, "That's a lot of homework!" lol  I wonder if he attends private school? They tend to dole out a lot of homework. I know from personal experience.

• Love 4

I think Brandi was very pretty when she joined the show. More so when she was very casual. I always thought she was at her most lovely in Ojai first thing in the morning while talking to Lisa in their bedroom. Not a stitch of makeup on that I could see. She was just a natural beauty. What makes her case so sad to me is that she has done this to her lovely face and I don't think it can be undone. Does anyone who starts down this path ever stop?

Nicole Kidman seems to have backed off on some of her face/lip work lately, but she has hundreds of millions more than Brandi.

My spouse actually mentioned about that scene, "That's a lot of homework!" lol  I wonder if he attends private school? They tend to dole out a lot of homework. I know from personal experience.

I was mostly surprised that they're still teaching Latin.  I know it's helpful for learning word roots, but come on.  Obviously a ritzy private school.

• Love 1

Nicole Kidman seems to have backed off on some of her face/lip work lately, but she has hundreds of millions more than Brandi.

I was mostly surprised that they're still teaching Latin.  I know it's helpful for learning word roots, but come on.  Obviously a ritzy private school.

Eh. My kids(I work with teens) are learning latin. Their charter school has a journalism focus. I think I was told all students have to take 2 years of latin because "it's the basis of all language".  

• Love 4

I took Latin in public High School.  Favorite dead language ever.  I still study it because I just love it so much, but I'm weird as shit, so there you go. lol

I didn't think Eileen was being overly-involved, but I'm not a parent so what do I know.  Maybe he needs more structure than other kids his age do.  She does seem like someone who takes school and work seriously though, so I assume she tries to instill that in her kids as well.  I wish we saw more of Eileen at work.  I'd also love to see her process when learning lines, etc.  We did see one scene of her in the studio rehearsing but I'm greedy, I want more.  The majority of these HW seem to work outside the home and are pretty driven,  so I love seeing them in action.

• Love 7

Same, Latin is offered and encouraged at our local public high school. Many students take Spanish or French for 3-4 years and 1-2 years of Latin.

It is also the norm around these parts that parents review homework assignments, some parents are more involved than others in the details. It also depends on the age of the child and their track record of getting their work done. Eileen's son is at that age where school work is just getting serious and it's the perfect time to teach them how to focus and manage their time so they learn how handle the work load when the pressure is on soph/junior/senior year...time management skills for college. You don't actually do their homework, you are just there to help them if they have any questions and for encouragement...of course there's always some parents that do go too far. Eileen is a great mother.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5