Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

So sweet friend Maria is on the scary ride with Timbits? Isn’t that almost courting or something? JillR mentioned only the older kids were at the fair so where were the little girls? I guess they aren’t worthy of a fun time. 

• Love 4
Just now, BigBingerBro said:

Probably locked in their fire-trap of a bedroom.  I doubt they could afford wristbands for the entire family.

You mean you doubt Jonathan could afford wristbands for the entire family. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I bet Jonathan paid for the amusement park.

18 hours ago, SMama said:

I wonder how much that outing cost Jonathan. They are wearing wristbands, so unlimited ride$$$.

She probably found out if you have a booth, everyone "working" there gets in for free.

Bet she got new guy to buy Hunk fair food....like  bacon-wrapped chocolate, deep-fried everything,  pork sundaes, waffle burgers, etc.  The waifs had to run around and find the freebies that vendors use to lure people over, like rolls of Smarties.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Last night I watched an Instagram story from JillRod where her typed text over the photos was touting Plexus and how it helps with anxiety, depression and other issues - because, according to Jill's text, those issues are often caused by poor gut health.

I can't find the Story this morning! Did I dream it? did anyone else see it?

What is significant is that Jill typed that many people suffer from anxiety and depression and then her typed words said: "And I am one of them." Was she announcing that she suffers from these illnesses/conditions? That's how I interpreted it. I hope someone else saw this and did a screen capture. Maybe it's on reddit or Free Jinger? I don't know where to look.

• Useful 5
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

So sweet friend Maria is on the scary ride with Timbits? Isn’t that almost courting or something? JillR mentioned only the older kids were at the fair so where were the little girls? I guess they aren’t worthy of a fun time. 

The little girls were there, but it seems they were stuck at the booth with David while Jill and the older kids went on rides.

1 hour ago, Triple P said:

The little girls were there, but it seems they were stuck at the booth with David while Jill and the older kids went on rides.

Did Jill actually go on any of the rides? If not, she should have let the kids go without her. Those “kids” including a couple adults, Tim and Kaylee. On my last day of 8th grade (years ago!), we got to spend the day at Kings Island (a huge amusement park), without adults. My friend and I went crazy riding the roller coasters over and over. We were 14.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Did Jill actually go on any of the rides? If not, she should have let the kids go without her. Those “kids” including a couple adults, Tim and Kaylee. On my last day of 8th grade (years ago!), we got to spend the day at Kings Island (a huge amusement park), without adults. My friend and I went crazy riding the roller coasters over and over. We were 14.

Jill doesn't go places with the older kids because they need supervision. She goes because she sees herself as a pretty young thing who deserves to have fun with the rest of the young people.

Feeding and educating her 13 kids has never come first. 

• Love 15
23 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Janessa isn’t in the cart.  It’s Sofia, Sadie and the girl who’s a year or two older than Sadie.  That makes it even more pathetic.

Ok, then it is Olivia, Sadie and Sofia who are NINE, SEVEN and SIX years old respectively.  I can barely remember being small enough to ride in a cart let alone doing so at age 9.  As a matter of fact, by the time I was old enough for kindergarten, probably around 5, I would've told you that shopping carts are for babies and would've flatly refused to ride in one.  Yet, I cannot remember the last time we saw the Rods in a store where the kids weren't all piled in a cart.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, SMama said:

You mean you doubt Jonathan could afford wristbands for the entire family. 

If you check their website, Amazing Grace Missions provides vendor passes for those working the fair, at least in some cases.  My dad used to have a booth at local county fairs, he sold vacuum cleaners, and, as part of the fee for the space, he would get x number of passes for the fair for those who were manning the booth. It may be that the Rods got passes from the Mission for the fair and were limited to family members considered old enough to be 'missionaries'.  Jill lives in Wayne County and their fair ran from the 11-16 so they were probably there.

Jill has probably already bled Jonathan nearly dry and, if he's going to spend anymore money, it isn't going to be on the kids.  Mama needs new everything.

4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I think the kids are in the cart so they would not be grabbing snacks off the shelf for themselves. 

I'm sure Jill's kids have been properly blanket trained and wouldn't grab a snack off a shelf for fear of pulling back a bloody stump.  She sent her older girls to spend time with the Pearls, who she admires so much, remember?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I can't find the Story this morning! Did I dream it? did anyone else see it?

Stories on Instagram expire after they’ve been up for 24 hours.

As an aside, I report every one of her Plexus posts and stories I see on her Facebook as false information. Am I childish? Perhaps.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 23
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Stories on Instagram expire after they’ve been up for 24 hours.

As an aside, I report every one of her Plexus posts and stories I see on her Facebook as false information. Am I childish? Perhaps.

It's not childish to report the falsehoods Joll spouts.  Plexus sells supplements and the FDA has strict rules when it comes to the language used in promoting them.  If Jill is not following those rules, then she deserves to be reported.  And, hopefully Facebook will suspend her account for a few weeks when she is reported too many times.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Timothy has a new video up for us....and he's singing in it. I literally don't know what the hell i just listened to, but im not wanting to hear it ever again. Sweet baby Jesus, I may not sleep tonight after that. 

You shouldn’t be alone in this!

Here’s the video:

• LOL 11
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the video:

Uh…this is comparable to the Josh wedding song. Your mother obviously hates you because she has encouraged you to do this. Secondly, Timbits keep your eyes on the road or your going to meet Jesus quicker than you should. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

For some reason, I kept thinking of Simon Cowell listening to this on an  American Idol audition and picturing his FACE as this goes on, lol. 

Timmy would make it into one those worst auditions reel .

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, awaken said:

and he’s recording this while driving?

Yes, because like Covid restrictions, cell phone laws are written simply to try and constrain the Lord’s work. Jesus will protect him from drifting into the oncoming lane. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Oh dear Lord. What in hell did I just hear? 5 seconds in that "song" and I think I lost my hearing...

TimBits... or "Bud"... keep your eyes on the road and please don't attempt to sing anymore.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh dear Lord. What in hell did I just hear? 5 seconds in that "song" and I think I lost my hearing...

TimBits... or "Bud"... keep your eyes on the road and please don't attempt to sing anymore.

I promise to never record myself singing in the car and subjecting you all to it! How I wish Tim had done the same!

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

My school did the exact thing for 8th graders the day  after graduation, going to Kings Island.  I still remember riding the Beast multiple times :-)

Wow, that video was bad.  😯  His intro was 2 minutes long and I didn't have the nerve to count all of the ummms in it.  Was he singing along to a recording of someone else singing the song?  Or was it his recording?  I swear I heard another voice in the background.  Just very strange.

Edited by skipnjump
combined content with other post
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, ozziemom said:

So sweet friend Maria is on the scary ride with Timbits? Isn’t that almost courting or something?

I noticed this right away - I didn't know this was allowed in Jill's world.  I would think she'd rather see Tim riding alone than next to a female that he's not courting or related to.

• Love 1

That song is probably one of Jill's. It's as hard to sing as the Star Spangled Banner, if not harder. Tim doesn't have the range to hit both the low and high notes. Jill doesn't either. She just wails and shouts her way through. Tim's mistake was trying to sing it. He wasn't even close. 

Jill must still have visions of launching Tim as a singing sensation. I'm sure the Lord has given her firm no on that, and she just won't listen. 

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

My school did the exact thing for 8th graders the day  after graduation, going to Kings Island.  I still remember riding the Beast multiple times :-)

Wow, that video was bad.  😯  His intro was 2 minutes long and I didn't have the nerve to count all of the ummms in it.  Was he singing along to a recording of someone else singing the song?  Or was it his recording?  I swear I heard another voice in the background.  Just very strange.

He was singing along to his favorite musician’s/singer’s CD, which is probably why you heard another voice in the background.  I didn’t catch the singer’s name.  BME should be flogged for making Timothy believe that he has a good singing voice.  His singing voice is cringe-worthy. 😖 If I had a dollar for every “umm” that came out of his mouth in that video, I could go have lunch at the good Olive Garden.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the video:

That was rough. Really rough. I was looking at him and thought what a number his parents have done on this guy. He isn't a bad looking guy who under normal circumstances could have a really decent life. Instead he is in this mess. 

• Love 6

The switch from his normal speaking voice to his deep singing voice reminds me of the princess on Spaceballs unexpectedly singing "Nobody Knows The Troubles I've Seen" in a really deep voice. 

• LOL 22
On 9/19/2021 at 11:01 AM, louannems said:

I also notice he wears the same old-man jacquard print polo shirt that Hunk always wears.

He also wears dumpy dad jeans like Hunk's. 

Speaking of clothes, how did the ride attendant get that bottom strap in place for those wearing tight, full-length skirts? There must have been some knees exposed during this activity.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill must be too portly to fit in the rides. David is definitely too portly. 

Many of us are probably close to Jill’s size, and it’s certainly not too big to fit in the rides 🤷‍♀️Just saying.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Many of us are probably close to Jill’s size, and it’s certainly not too big to fit in the rides 🤷‍♀️Just saying.

Yes. I am portly too.  

However, I do not push an expensive MLM product that is supposed to cure everything and keep the drinker slim and trim. Jill does, yet she's filling out as she ages, just as most of the rest of us do. 

2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

What size do we think Jill is?  Maybe a 12?  

Ten or twelve sounds right. She is short. She lost weight for a while, but things changed when the stimulus money started coming in. Jill is not above photoshopping her face and body. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

What size do we think Jill is?  Maybe a 12?  

I'd say a 10/12. It's hard to tell because the camera adds weight and those baggy maxi skirts don't do her any favors. For a woman her age who's had 13 kids, she's held it together remarkably well. 

• Love 11