Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Timmy needs to go back to his bible and read Lamentations.

One whole book, Lamentations, expresses the confusion and suffering felt after the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

If Timothy is so troubled by the “negativity” the first place he should stop visiting is his mother’s social media.

Also, why is some grown ass man using his mommy’s Insta? Oh, right. He didn’t write that. No way Jill is giving him a password. 

13 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Of course they did!  It was very important that EVERYONE passing by know that Jilly was expecting and that she'd SACRIFICED her own baby shower in order to support her poor severely quadriplegic sister.  In case any strangers wanted to praise her selflessness or contribute some cash, because Jill is such a giver.

She had a box or coffee can out for cash donations to the new stroller fund.

7 hours ago, sondraK said:

Cute playhouse.I'm guessing it isn't the Rods

If it is their playhouse, maybe that is Timbits' new home. No wait, Jill is probably making it into her she shed or something. Though if it is their playhouse, I would have expected a Jill post on social media that says how much she loves David because he built it with popsicle sticks and chewing gum in a matter of minutes. Besides Jill's ridiculous Plexus posts, does Jill ever post anything that isn't going overboard declaring how much she loves her kids or David? It is so over the top and it is almost daily. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

OK, Because the world is so crap and depressing and broken these days, my new escapist happy daydream is that Nurie pulls a Jill Duggar, and slowly moves away from her awful family. Here's my list of evidence I'm picking and choosing to support my theory:

• Her hair looks 1000% better! In the second photo, in the side plait, it looks lovely and thick and shiny, so she doesn't have an innate taste for tacky hairstyles.
  • Is possibly wearing a swim dress/rash vest in the first photo, which is APPROPRIATE SWIMMING ATTIRE, JILL R.
  • Unlike Priscilla and Suzette, she appears to only be wearing one top?!
  • Seems to enjoy being with her in-laws, including Nathan's 'sinner siblings'. Perhaps she likes meeting and bonding with new people, rather than judging them, JILL.
  • The text isn't that uncommon to write to your mum - "you are the sweetest" and "I love you all soo much and hope you are having a wonderful day" is not as effusive as Jill would like
  • Makeup is fairly horrendous, but I can't handwave that away, except that perhaps she's growing her brows in?

It will never happen, but gosh I'd laugh if Nurie made friends with the holy grail -  A DUGGAR!!!!11!11!11!1!!! and it happened to be Jill.

Edited by Gweilo
  • Love 14
On 9/20/2020 at 9:29 PM, riverblue22 said:

I'm surprised Jill hasn't sent the boys out to start a lawn mower business like Nathan has.  Now that the "house" is finished more or less, what is going to keep those three boys busy?  Of course, pandemic or not, they may soon hit the road~

they might have to - they are burning through what ever money they got from selling the old home pretty quickly it seems.

I looked up the prices for their tracts. highest priced are $275 for 5000, low end $150 for 5000 - the Smiley face tracts are $54 for 1200. so even the 50,000 tracts for their church was at most $2750, minus cost to produce.

grifting is their long game, people feed them, they get the love offerings, timmy's CD will only sell if there is a table set up at churches before and after a "performance" etc

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

So what do we think Jilly did that she is so sorry?

119732236_10222016095404287_8654918555062118818_n.jpg

Oh, Jill has never done anything wrong, no need for repentance for herself.  She's just sad that the rest of us are hellbound evil sinners.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Zella said:

In the olden days before social media, Jill's posts from her children's POV would all be assembled from magazine clippings like a ransom note to throw us off.

1626163447_ransomnote.thumb.jpg.b8d569d2e994f662c79eb523271eb05c.jpg

I would just like it noted that the website I used for this totally removed all my Jill caps. 🤣

This is brilliant! Haha I love it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Gweilo said:

OK, Because the world is so crap and depressing and broken these days, my new escapist happy daydream is that Nurie pulls a Jill Duggar, and slowly moves away from her awful family. Here's my list of evidence I'm picking and choosing to support my theory:

• Her hair looks 1000% better! In the second photo, in the side plait, it looks lovely and thick and shiny, so she doesn't have an innate taste for tacky hairstyles.
  • Is possibly wearing a swim dress/rash vest in the first photo, which is APPROPRIATE SWIMMING ATTIRE, JILL R.
  • Unlike Priscilla and Suzette, she appears to only be wearing one top?!
  • Seems to enjoy being with her in-laws, including Nathan's 'sinner siblings'. Perhaps she likes meeting and bonding with new people, rather than judging them, JILL.
  • The text isn't that uncommon to write to your mum - "you are the sweetest" and "I love you all soo much and hope you are having a wonderful day" is not as effusive as Jill would like
  • Makeup is fairly horrendous, but I can't handwave that away, except that perhaps she's growing her brows in?

It will never happen, but gosh I'd laugh if Nurie made friends with the holy grail -  A DUGGAR!!!!11!11!11!1!!! and it happened to be Jill.

Well, it looks to me like she's continuing to smile natural, actual smiles. That's something we never saw when she was in Jill's house, as far as I remember. 

So that's definitely a change she'll eventually notice and maybe even put two and two together at some point. 

Since she's doing that pretty regularly, she's likely finding -- whether she fully realizes it yet or not -- that it's nice being able to relax because you're not constantly on guard for some hyper-zealot control freak sneaking up behind you to say something judgmental and crazy.

Her stress levels will drop if that continues. If she's like most people I've known from that kind of background her fight-or-flight readiness is constantly on pretty high alert status as she emerges from her crazy household. And as that changes, it can alter your approach to a lot things over time. That was definitely my experience anyway. 

Given what the Rodrigues atmosphere seems to be, I don't think any of the kids will change easily -- if they feel changes in themselves, they'll automatically feel huge guilt, fear, shame, etc.. alongside whatever nice feelings those changes bring. They've been heavily heavily programmed by that crazy bitch, as everybody here has often pointed out. 

So whatever changes she makes, I'm sure it'll be a long haul. But we can see already that she's experiencing things differently and that her face is a bit different, seems to me. Very happy to see those smiles. I wish Tim could get fully away, too, somehow. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

Allison Bontrager's family held the family camp this weekend. Lots of people from all over gathered together. In her Instagram stories, she shows pictures of herself with various guests including Michelle Duggar and one of the Duggar girls. 

• Useful 6

I did a double-take at that first picture, it looks like a dead baby on the floor. Those dolls are so creepy!  That room is so confining I feel claustrophobic just looking at the pictures. And I feel terrible for the one poor girl with the obvious dental issues. It’s probably too much to hope that Jill could grift braces 🙁

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I did a double-take at that first picture, it looks like a dead baby on the floor. Those dolls are so creepy!  That room is so confining I feel claustrophobic just looking at the pictures. And I feel terrible for the one poor girl with the obvious dental issues. It’s probably too much to hope that Jill could grift braces 🙁

She's grifted them before for at least Nurie and Kaylee.

• Love 6

Jill just has to make every damn second of the day all about her, doesn't she? She went to visit a couple's new house, one they were probably excited to show off, and Jill bursts into tears at the site of a rug. I'm sure that probably dampened the excitement for the Nobles.

• Love 15

I don't want to criticize Nurie's rug.  She did a better job than I could ever do (not that I would ever want to make a rug LOL).  And I don't doubt the amount of work it took to make it.

But that's a rough rug.  I think that should have been the practice rug.

I wish we had a full view of the room to see the rug's placement.  Huh.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I don't want to criticize Nurie's rug.  She did a better job than I could ever do (not that I would ever want to make a rug LOL).  And I don't doubt the amount of work it took to make it.

But that's a rough rug.  I think that should have been the practice rug.

I wish we had a full view of the room to see the rug's placement.  Huh.

I think it is in between a wall and couch. So maybe in a little walk way from one room to another? I think it would make a great rug for an enclosed porch, or maybe next to a bed in a room with hardwood floor.

• Love 6