Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

So a woman pregnant with twins is out partying with a bunch of people at a wedding (or taking pictures she's still not socially distancing) without regard to those twins, or her own life. That's thumbing your nose at the virus and sometimes tragedies happen lady.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Zella said:

I've now put way more thought into a stranger's menstrual cycle than I feel comfortable doing, but I'm not entirely sure she has one, given how malnourished she seems.

Everyone thought Jill Duggar had a honeymoon baby,but I did the calculations,and she was likely on her cycle then,and conceived 2 weeks later.I know,I'm obsessed.LOL

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, sondraK said:

If they forgot to send a gift,that'd do it.Anna,too

Or, the gift they sent didn't meet Jill's expectations.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that Jill apparently read the letter that Philip wrote to Nurie on her wedding day?  Those poor kids don't get one second of privacy from Mama.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Anyone else bothered by the fact that Jill apparently read the letter that Philip wrote to Nurie on her wedding day?  Those poor kids don't get one second of privacy from Mama.

I somehow missed that. This happened during the wedding service?

10 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think she looks beautiful and they both look very happy and relaxed with each other. After being paraded around like a trained marionette and raised by a narcissist, I really hope Nurie's life with Nathan is sweet and uncomplicated.

And JRod isn't allowed to park the RV in Florida permanently. Headship's rules. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Jilly isn’t going to listen to Nathan. She will be grifting/road trip to Florida on no time. I hope at least she lets them have their honeymoon alone. But I totally picture Jill & Dave in the next room and eating 3 meals a day with Nurthan on Nurthans dime.

• Love 3

Between Harry and Meghan hitting the self distruct button and this wedding , the last weekend was full of great gossip content . And assume there is more to come .

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I think it's sweet that Nathan and Nurie decided to get married on his parent's 40th anniversary.  And knowing how short these fundie receptions are, the Kellers having their own party later in the evening makes sense.  With the kids all scattered out in the world, it is nice to spend time together.  What else were they going to do after 4pm on Saturday?  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Maybe Mama wrote it?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lianau said:

Between Harry and Meghan hitting the self distruct button and this wedding , the last weekend was full of great gossip content . And assume there is more to come .

What happened with Harry and Megan?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

What happened with Harry and Megan?

Snippets from their book came out, that make them look incredibly petty and narcissistic. 

On topic, I hope Nurie finds happiness and a few carb-heavy meals. I can't imagine having Jill as my mother. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe Mama wrote it?

If nothing else, she proof read it.  I can see suggesting to the kids that it would be nice to write a note to Nurie now that she is marrying and moving away and, certainly, the little kids need help writing something or coloring a picture; but Jill wouldn't be Jill if she didn't dictate to the older kids exactly what they should say (praising their parents and their godly upbringing and the best Mama in the whole wide world) while acknowledging that, no matter how hard she tries, Nurie will never be able to be half the Mama that Jill is.

Of course, I wish he'd written congratulating her on her escape from Jillcatraz and asking her to send him a cake with a file.  Many, many cakes.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I've now put way more thought into a stranger's menstrual cycle than I feel comfortable doing, but I'm not entirely sure she has one, given how malnourished she seems.

Think of the money Jill saves by not having to buy maxi-pads for anyone but herself. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Jillcatraz🤣

https://m.imgur.com/a/BFLJNnI

Anna looks like shit- i dress up more working from home

That’s kind of the point. The Rods are so below them socially she could’ve worn sweats and a T-shirt and still would’ve gotten slobbered on.

6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Think of the money Jill saves by not having to buy maxi-pads for anyone but herself. 

The SEVERE miscarriages kinda negate that.

• Love 4

Anna's skirt appears to be lace and her shoes are dressy.  I am guessing she is still nursing the baby and needed to wear a top that she could pull up easily.  The colour doesn't do a thing for her, admittedly.  I do think she put some effort into her outfit, but the top was a miss.

To be fair, stores are not exactly well stocked these days and a lot of online items are out of stock.  She may not have had much to choose from.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

To be fair, stores are not exactly well stocked these days and a lot of online items are out of stock.  She may not have had much to choose from.

But Cousin Amy has that shop right in Anna's hometown....

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm sure this is a me thing. But brown, one of my favorite winter clothing colors, feels so dowdy and depressing in the summer months to me. If Anna's top was a bright teal or had a small floral print, I think she would have looked more dressed up.

I wound't have stepped it up much more than her, but I would have definitely worn more cheerful colors, overall.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

It seems clear that Anna did something to offend Jill. I can think of several possibilities:

Anna was invited to be one of Nurie’s bridesmaids and turned it down.

Anna and Josh walked in with their noses in the air, acting like they were doing everyone a favor by gracing them with their presence and then only spoke to their immediate family, snubbing the Rodreguii and the other guests.

Anna and Josh refused to pose for a picture with Jill (and you know that if there was such a picture, we’d have seen it by now).

Jill may also be pissed because none of the other Duggars showed up (and I’ll bet my last dollar that they all received invitations).

I think that Jill has been deluding herself for months that this marriage would be her own golden ticket into the Duggars’ inner circle. She pictured Nurie becoming BFFs with Anna, Jessa, Jana, etc., and then using that to worm her own way into the TTH and maybe even in front of the TLC cameras. Saturday’s wedding must have been like a bucket of cold water in her face. It probably drained a lot of joy out of the occasion for her. If I didn’t despise her so much, I might actually feel a little sorry for her.

I think it might be a couple of those things, especially #1.  Two of Nuri's brothers were groomsmen.  We actually haven't seen any pictures of the bridesmaids right?

Jill just doesn't have any good taste, so whether the wedding budget was $200 or $5,000 it would've probably been a sad, sad affair.

Another poster elsewhere mentioned that of course when Jill had her vow renewal she got a new dress, real flowers and a nice cake? (I don't remember).  Yet, her eldest daughter got fake flowers, a thrift shop wedding dress from the 80s/early 90s and some small homemade cakes.  They got stimulus money for the kids and probably chose to spend most of it on unnecessary chotcki's for the house rather than put some of it towards the wedding.  For fundie courtships, they waited a while to have the wedding and this was the best they could do?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

I think it might be a couple of those things, especially #1.  Two of Nuri's brothers were groomsmen.  We actually haven't seen any pictures of the bridesmaids right?

Jill just doesn't have any good taste, so whether the wedding budget was $200 or $5,000 it would've probably been a sad, sad affair.

Another poster elsewhere mentioned that of course when Jill had her vow renewal she got a new dress, real flowers and a nice cake? (I don't remember).  Yet, her eldest daughter got fake flowers, a thrift shop wedding dress from the 80s/early 90s and some small homemade cakes.  They got stimulus money for the kids and probably chose to spend most of it on unnecessary chotcki's for the house rather than put some of it towards the wedding.  For fundie courtships, they waited a while to have the wedding and this was the best they could do?

I'll bet Anna and Josh turned their noses up if/when asked to be in the wedding party.  Say what you will about David and Priscilla, but I think they have more manners and seem to be nicer people (not a high bar). 

As far as the dress, I think Nurie looks beautiful and while it might not be my taste, I like the 80's/90's vibe better than the modern strapless monstrosities.  She looks happy and factoring in Covid, I think they did a much better job than I ever expected.  Jill's dress would have been very pretty without the added modesty alterations.  I do think Mrs. Keller looks like a hot mess.  The color is off and she doesn't look like she ever washes her hair.  Other than that.  I think it was a good effort. 

Edited by Normades
it's bet not be
  • Love 16
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure this is a me thing. But brown, one of my favorite winter clothing colors, feels so dowdy and depressing in the summer months to me. If Anna's top was a bright teal or had a small floral print, I think she would have looked more dressed up.

I wound't have stepped it up much more than her, but I would have definitely worn more cheerful colors, overall.

I agree, but that brown is “in” right now.  I bet she saw a picture of Joanna Gaines wearing something that colour and had to do the same.  Never mind it does not suit her.

Also, looks like no makeup.

Amy’s store did occur to me but I wonder if it is a bit too trendy for Anna?  Those smaller boutique type stores tend to carry smaller sizes.  I am not saying Anna is big, but with the breastfeeding she may be up a size and Amy had nothing that worked.

Or she was pissed that Priscilla was asked to be a bridesmaid and she was not? 
She may not like Jill but Nathan is her brother.  I always got the impression the Keller siblings were fairly close to each other.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Didn't Nurie wear Jill's wedding dress, or did I misunderstand? That would have cost nothing since rather than paying to alter the dress, Nurie just altered her body by not eating. 

I want to see the Rodlets, especially the little girls, the food table or whatever, and the full wedding party lined up. 

Maybe they just served cake slivers and punch, and saved the main nosh for the Kellers' anniversary party, which the Keller family paid for. If I were Anna, that might piss me off. I think the anniversary party was in the evening after the wedding. Mrs. Keller is wearing the same off-color schmatta with the built-in flowy cape thing for both events. Getting the Kellers to pay for the dinner would be an excellent grift on Jill's part. 

• Love 6

I'm sure Jill would have been happy with both Anna and Josh in the wedding party. Anna still appears on television, and probably wants to downplay her involvement in this wedding during this pandemic. 

I think Nurie and Nathan have genuine affection for each other and that's part of why Nurie looks so happy. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Normades said:

I do think Mrs. Keller looks like a hot mess.  The color is off and she doesn't look like she ever washes her hair.  Other than that.  I think it was a good effort. 

That's it! I could not figure out what was off with Mrs. Keller's appearance and it's her hair. It never looks freshly washed. In any single picture I've ever seen of her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I'm guessing Jill was not invited to that party?

It looks so much classier than the actual wedding of the day. 

I'm confused. This table wasn't at the wedding too?

(edited)

Wild speculation and I have no idea whether any if this happened 😄

Jill is upset because Anna Duggar's brother, Daniel, was in accident and up until recently, in a wheelchair. He seems to be using crutches now, but maybe he still uses a wheelchair at times. Jill made a big deal about how Amy Foster (severely quadriplegic) and Daniel have soooooooo much in common, but poor quadriplegic Amy Foster is a bigger martyr because she will always be in a wheelchair. Secretly, Jill was upset because Daniel is somehow stealing Jill's thunder by not allowing Amy Foster to be the only person there to have their mobility affected by a serious accident. Spotlight stolen!  Nevermind the fact that her husband's brother also uses a wheelchair, since it looks like David's side of the family didn't attend. (Also, I don't know if David's brother is alive or if he has passed on?)

Anyway, Anna got sick of Jill's nonsense and told her off. Then Anna either blocked Jill from her social media or Jill, raging and embarrassed, unfollowed Anna and Kendra, thinking Kendra's account was also Anna's due to the similarity of Anna's little Duggars hashtag and Kendra's account name.

Edited by Triple P
Spelling
  • Useful 6

No Duggars, with the exception of Anna, who is Nathan's sister, and Josh showed up to the wedding. Jill being the humble, mature Christian that she is, did the equivalent of, I was gonna be your best friend, but now I'm not.

I going to guess neither Anna or Kendra have any idea she stopped following them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Wild speculation and I have no idea whether any if this happened 😄

Jill is upset because Anna Duggar's brother, Daniel, was in accident and up until recently, in a wheelchair. He seems to be using crutches now, but maybe he still uses a wheelchair at times. Jill made a big deal about how Amy Foster (severely quadriplegic) and Daniel have soooooooo much in common, but poor quadriplegic Amy Foster is a bigger martyr because she will always be in a wheelchair. Secretly, Jill was upset because Daniel is somehow stealing Jill's thunder by not allowing Amy Foster to be the only person there to have their mobility affected by a serious accident. Spotlight stolen!  Nevermind the fact that her husband's brother also uses a wheelchair, since it looks like David's side of the family didn't attend. (Also, I don't know if David's brother is alive or if he has passed on?)

Anyway, Anna got sick of Jill's nonsense and told her off. Then Anna either blocked Jill from her social media or Jill, raging and embarrassed, unfollowed Anna and Kendra, thinking Kendra's account was also Anna's due to the similarity of Anna's little Duggars hashtag and Kendra's account name.

11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Did Anna and Josh not bring the kids? Anyone know?

I have no idea it they took the kids to the actual wedding, or if the Jill/Anna fight story is true, but Anna's Instagram has a brother with crutches/possible wheel chair and all of the kids. 

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Why was Jill following Joe and Kendra, and not any other Duggars? I understand Anna, but why Joe?

I'd like to know that as well. They got married after the Jinger fiasco, so I doubt they were even invited. How on earth would Kendra know Jill?

32 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I wanted to say Thank you to whoever took this photo because Josh is far far away, then I realised they were trying to get the ark in damn! 

Also maybe Anna was asked to be a bridesmaid and declined because who the hell is gonna watch Josh? No JB and Mechelle around, Anna busy perfect  opportunity for Josh to run away, maybe find himself a prostitute or just go to a bar and get drunk. 

• Love 3